Position Available: Junior Electrical Engineer
Location: Rigaud, QC
Number of Positions Available: 1
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Highly competitive, based on qualifications
About the Company:
Located off the western tip of the Island of Montreal, WID Inc designs and manufactures sophisticated laser-based trackside monitoring systems for the railway industry. In operation since 1996, WID is a well-established supplier with a solid reputation for producing innovative and reliable systems. The company’s TBOGI wayside monitoring systems are in use by railways on four continents.
WID is recruiting a new graduate for the position of Junior Engineer reporting to the Chief Engineer. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the design and development of new hardware and software for the next generation of TBOGI wayside monitoring systems.
- Coordinate and participate in new system installations.
- Provide technical support to customers’ field technicians and end users.
- Working with specialized databases, analyse/interpret data captured.
An excellent job for the candidate who has an interest in working in a small, dynamic, high-tech company with an international customer base. The position offers the right candidate an opportunity to develop a wide range of skills in both hardware and software design.
We offer a dynamic working environment where each employee can demonstrate their potential and actively participate in the development and growth of the company.
- University degree in Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in object oriented programming
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following is an asset:
--- FPGA and digital logic design, VHDL programming
--- Visual C++, C#, MFC programming
--- Analog circuit design
--- Signal processing
- Driver's license and own transportation
- Valid passport and willingness to travel to the USA and other international destinations.
- Able to obtain railway industry security clearance (criminal history review)
- Able to pass railway industry required medical tests –including vision, hearing, physical examination, drug screening
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Please apply with both CV and cover letter.