Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care Employee Reviews

I learned a lot at this job
Divisional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON3 May 2017
Executive Assistant/Event coordinator for annual conference,
Creating and maintaining all marketing material related to annual, monthly and quarterly events
Organizing and coordinating events while working with internal and external stakeholders and committees
Clinical and non-clinical educational event planning for all staff and external invitations as required
Maintaining internal website, social media, uploading material, education opportunities and events
Working with the Communication department to develop a plan to implement and promote social networking
Working with various stakeholders to implement a fundraising strategy with existing donors
Working with Fundraising committee and research department assisting with grant proposals and procedures
I am casual and therefore do not get calls for hours.
Casual Environmental Support Worker, Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON25 February 2016
My typical day at work is the cleaning of washrooms and halls and patient rooms. I have learned how to clean a hospital environment and how to work with mental health patients which is both challenging and rewarding. I get along great with my co-workers and upper management team. The hardest part of my job would be frustration because I am only casual and therefore do not get called very often for hours. I work most of my hours with the Catholic School Board. The most enjoyable part of my job is variety because there is always a patient room that has to be addressed and that is always a different situation.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Not called for hours
Excellent Organization
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON11 February 2016
A great company to work for, very competitive benefits package, strong emphasis on educational opportunities and work life balance. Opportunities for advancement for those wishing to progress their healthcare careers.
Micromanagement
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON18 September 2015
I have never worked anywhere that treated their employees as poorly as Waypoint. Management tells everyone that they use no restraints or seclusions. Reality is they are used every day. Patients on Bayview Dual Diagnosis are forced to shower and bath and change in front of each other. No support from management if you are injured by a patient. They will make you believe it was your fault! Coworkers were great but it was not worth putting up with management. Have a complaint or suggestion? They will literally wave resumes in your face telling you to do it or they will replace you. Manager locks diapers, toothpaste, deodorant etc in her office so she can limit use. One night the only diapers were locked in her office! No regard from them for staff OR patient wellbeing. Do not send your loved ones there. And my strong recommendation is to not work there. You are just a number to them.
Pros
Good coworkers (nurses, dsw)
Cons
Management, abuse
Watch out for Head Honcho
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON14 October 2014
Great place to work, however, head management want things there way and if not there way than you can say bye bye
Excellent
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON10 September 2014
Excellent setting, the new facility offered many new opportunities for programming and client care.
Excellent Experience
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Penetanguishene22 October 2013
I have gained amazing experience at this facility.
I work with many wonderful clients who I learn from each and every day.
Educational
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON19 November 2012
The best part of my tenure with the Waypoint Centre would have to be my co-workers, their interaction, understanding ,respect & support was over the top I could not have worked with a better group of people
Pros
interaction with co workers
Cons
lack of communication between staff & management
productive co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Penetag15 October 2012
Good mnagement team and easy to get along with. I enjoy the working enviroment.