I"m searching for candidates for the position outlined below. If you are available, qualified and interested (or you know of someone else that is) please respond to this note with your up to date word.doc resume and the following additional information. Please ensure you are comfortable with the match between the Position Description and your experience and that your resume matches up. If you have been contacted by others about this opportunity please let me know as you can only apply once. Please take note of the additional comments at the bottom.
Please review the contents closely and the job requirements below before responding.
Position Title: Project Specialist
Start Date: 07/22/2013
End Date: 07/22/2014
Duration: 365 days.
Location: 700, 500 4th Ave. SW - #700, 500 - 4 Ave Sw, CALGARY, AB
Billing Rate: $48.00 Per Hour as an incorporated contractor working on a WaveStar contract
Job Responsibilities/Job Functions:
Coordinate the construction of cellular communication sites from Planning through to in-service
- Following and review of zoning plans, permits and documents for deployment projects for existing or new wireless sites.
- Make sure that the needs of the different stakeholders are met
- Make sure that consultants meet their deadlines
- Prepare invitation to tender documents
- Analyze tenders and unit pricing annually
- Track project construction
- Track quality control and cost
- Follow up with firms responsible for engineering plans
- Coordinate the activities of the various stakeholders (consultants, internal departments, etc.)
- Make sure the site is secure
- Forecast completion dates for the different tasks
- Prepare the engineering estimates required
- Make sure files are closed (mandate firms for post-construction inspection, plans as built, etc.)
- Post-secondary degree in civil engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in construction project management including wireless towers or equivalent
- 5 years of wireless industry experience including deployment of HSPA, HSPA +, LTE, New Sites, SONET and M/W Transport Systems, Channel Additions, CLEC and WSP Interconnects
- Strong understanding of operational processes would be an asset
- Ability to work with plans and estimates
- Ability to work under pressure
- Thorough understanding of basic software
- Valid driver's license
The manager has a requirement for a project specialist who will need to have both Civil and Technical Knowledge.