We are looking for someone to work on 25 Cell sites between Chatham and Windsor south of the 401.
Someone with a telecom background is preferred but we are open to installers and people with a hands on technical background.
This is more of a construction and hands on role than technical so our customer is willing to train people who have an understanding of electrical components.
Manager is looking for someone local, strong communication skills, willing and eager to learn.
- Respond to corrective network problems, performing effective/efficient problem analysis, rapid troubleshooting diagnosis and prompt repair of equipment to ensure service restoral objectives are met.
- Coordinate with other Technicians and departments as required to obtain maintain service levels.
- Plan for and implement preventive maintenance routines to ensure network standards of performance are met.
- Perform cutovers and upgrades on the network as directed by work orders.
- Maintain "up-to-date" site documentation as outlined by the EWO initiative.
- Perform acceptance tests on newly installed sites and equipment to ensure results meet design specifications.
- Microwave and Transmission experience would be beneficial (e.g. DS1, DS2 ,DS3)
- Gain in depth knowledge of key quality service indicators in geographic area of responsibility.
- Optical Fibre, SONET and knowledge of TCP/IP is required.
- Participate in retune activities associated with network optimization and build activities.
- Maintain inventory of required parts and perform regular audits to ensure availability of parts.
- Administrative reporting of Mileage, Timesheet, Expenses, Equipment and Deficiency ticket updates etc.
- Test hand-offs, RSSI, transmit level on mobiles, dropped calls and investigate any changes.
- Document activities for future assessment analysis.
- Maintain current documentation of site status, complete trouble tickets, incident report and other required reports.
- Shift work, overtime, and 24 hour on-call support is required on a regular rotational basis.
- 1-3 years of telecommunications experience.
- Diploma or Certificate in Electronics from a technical institute.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated investigative, problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Standby, overtime and shift work is required.
- Ability to travel and work at various sites as required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
- Experience with diesel and portable generators would be an asset
- Experience with use of off-road vehicles (ATV, skidoo) would be an asset.
- Ability to work in harsh climate conditions as required
Indeed - 18 months ago