Waterloo Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
overall good place to work
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  waterloo, onOctober 13, 2015
lead a good team there. menu planing and ordering on a regular basis. but there really was not much room to grow there things were basic and they were switching to out of a box products.
Pretty fun place to work for students.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, OnMay 25, 2014
Get to work a half hour before start time. Go to cafeteria grab some water before work. Change into work attire. Chat with fellow employees before our shift begins. Wait for supervisor to assign workload. Begin work; fast paced, but not to challenging. Could be physically intensive work, moving up and down floors, moving equipment and setting up for banquets. Appropriate breaks are given during work periods, where meals are provided. Tips are excellent provided your work is par to what is expected. Proper etiquette and conversation is a must to ensure customer satisfaction.
Pros
free food, and young demographic
Cons
a lot of people cut corners
An elegant hotel
Full-time Banquet Server/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 29, 2012
A typical day at work was ensuring cleanliness when working in the housekeeping department and serving guests food in a professional and timely manner.

I learned the aspects of food service in a hotel industry.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the tasks were different each day (serving different guests different meals each day).
Pros
free lunches, excellent co-workers
Fun Staff and great cukture
Banquet Server & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 12, 2014
I overall enjoyed working at the Waterloo Inn. The culture of the job was enjoyable with a great staff. the hours were late but if it doesn't bother you then the job experience is great
Pros
fun staff, cheap dinnner
Cons
late hours
Great Place to Work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 5, 2012
I really enjoy working at the Waterloo Inn. The management and staff are wonderful and we usually work well as a team. My only issue are the hours or lack of hours based on events scheduled at the Inn, as with all catering jobs, unless there's an event, there's no work necessary by the catering staff.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 18, 2014
I thought that the Waterloo Inn was overall a great place to work. It is a fast-paced environment, however the people there are very friendly.
Pros
free food, great staff
Cons
no tips, unpredictable schedule, long hours
Greatest Job I've endored
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 3, 2013
Just picking up old linen and giving new clean linen to customer to satisfy the people