Waterloo Inn Employee Review

View all Waterloo Inn reviews

A good server job that challenged me everyday to learn more
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 October 2012
A typical day at work for me sometimes started between 3:00 to 4:00 pm or sometimes I would have rare shifts of 7:00 am in the morning for special breakfast functions. My duties were to set up the ball rooms for weddings, company meetings, or any special event. My job was to get everything including cutlery, plates, cups, and more to nicely set them on the table. I was also required as a server to conveniently serve the guests with their meals and retrieve their plate when they were done. I also poured wine for customers and assisted them with any question they had. I learned how to be more active, and to be more social and to empathise with the guests.

The managers that I worked with were very polite, respectful and understanding for the most part. They are very professional at their job and taugh me a lot. The hardest part of the job was to keep up the pace with everyone to have everything in perfect shape. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the guests and making them feel more comfortable with my personal service.
Pros
getting experience in my study field
Cons
not too many hours in the week

Other Waterloo Inn Employee Reviews

Server
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 April 2017
I really enjoyed working at the Waterloo Inn. All staff mambers were very nice and understanding with my school schedule in Highschool.
I would love to work here again
overall good place to work
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  waterloo, on13 October 2015
lead a good team there. menu planing and ordering on a regular basis. but there really was not much room to grow there things were basic and they were switching to out of a box products.