Waterloo Inn Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
overall good place to work
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  waterloo, on13 October 2015
lead a good team there. menu planing and ordering on a regular basis. but there really was not much room to grow there things were basic and they were switching to out of a box products.
Fun Staff and great cukture
Banquet Server & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 November 2014
I overall enjoyed working at the Waterloo Inn. The culture of the job was enjoyable with a great staff. the hours were late but if it doesn't bother you then the job experience is great
Pros
Fun Staff, cheap dinnner
Cons
Late hours
Pretty fun place to work for students.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, On25 May 2014
Get to work a half hour before start time. Go to cafeteria grab some water before work. Change into work attire. Chat with fellow employees before our shift begins. Wait for supervisor to assign workload. Begin work; fast paced, but not to challenging. Could be physically intensive work, moving up and down floors, moving equipment and setting up for banquets. Appropriate breaks are given during work periods, where meals are provided. Tips are excellent provided your work is par to what is expected. Proper etiquette and conversation is a must to ensure customer satisfaction.
Pros
free food, and young demographic
Cons
a lot of people cut corners
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 March 2014
I thought that the Waterloo Inn was overall a great place to work. It is a fast-paced environment, however the people there are very friendly.
Pros
Free food, great staff
Cons
No tips, unpredictable schedule, Long hours
Greatest Job I've endored
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 April 2013
Just picking up old linen and giving new clean linen to customer to satisfy the people
A good server job that challenged me everyday to learn more
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 October 2012
A typical day at work for me sometimes started between 3:00 to 4:00 pm or sometimes I would have rare shifts of 7:00 am in the morning for special breakfast functions. My duties were to set up the ball rooms for weddings, company meetings, or any special event. My job was to get everything including cutlery, plates, cups, and more to nicely set them on the table. I was also required as a server to conveniently serve the guests with their meals and retrieve their plate when they were done. I also poured wine for customers and assisted them with any question they had. I learned how to be more active, and to be more social and to empathise with the guests.

The managers that I worked with were very polite, respectful and understanding for the most part. They are very professional at their job and taugh me a lot. The hardest part of the job was to keep up the pace with everyone to have everything in perfect shape. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the guests and making them feel more comfortable with my personal service.
Pros
getting experience in my study field
Cons
not too many hours in the week
Great Place to Work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 July 2012
I really enjoy working at the Waterloo Inn. The management and staff are wonderful and we usually work well as a team. My only issue are the hours or lack of hours based on events scheduled at the Inn, as with all catering jobs, unless there's an event, there's no work necessary by the catering staff.