WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD

WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great School Board
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 18, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy my job because I get to help students. I have learned through my years as a supply teacher and also through my work as an instructor therapist, where I worked with children with Autism, that every student has the potential to understand/accomplish anything that they put their minds to if they are supported and given the resources – more... needed. – less
A wonderful job that has potential for me to grow, learn, and advance in my career field.
Supply Educational Assistant (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: room for advancement and various opportunities, ideal hours for family life, coworkers to collaborate with, an atmosphere to continue in my own learning and improvement.
Cons: supply/casual work does not always provide consistent hours, are required to go to many different locations weekly, it is difficult to establish working relationships.
I have not worked many hours with the Waterloo Catholic District School Board. Based on my limited experience I have enjoyed my job. A typical day at work is directed by the delegation of the teacher or principle. I would assist students in their school work. Some students required assistance with toileting. It is my job to ensure the well being of – more... the student and help them to achieve their learning goals. My coworkers have been an outstanding support and have also taught me how to be more effective in my role.
The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent hours and job opportunities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team to achieve a goal of assisting a student in their education. – less
Great hours and time off.
Educational Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 29, 2012
Start early, out early. I learned you continually need to upgrade. Management is based on individual sites. Co-workers are usually team players, for the good of all. Hardest part of job is continually being taken from one school to another. Most enjoyable part is satisfaction in helping children become independent one skill at a time.

About WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD

The Waterloo Catholic District School Board - the corporate body overseeing Waterloo Region's Catholic Schools - protects and – Read more