Our client, an established Tier 1 manufacturer is currently seeking a progressive hand’s on Plant Manager with a take charge attitude capable of overseeing multiple shift operations in the plant.
Experience must include: Plant operations management in metal Stamping (large presses), welding and assembly and working closely with production, engineering, materials, and quality to support customer demand for quality products being delivered to their OEM locations.
Performance skill requirements will include: Leadership, decisiveness, effective written verbal communication skills, and long term goal setting and planning to ensure continuance of operations in a highly competitive auto parts environment.
- High level of intelligence with solid critical thinking skills and good problem solving/decision making capabilities.
- Solid leadership characteristics with strong people skills, the ability to motivate employees and create enthusiasm.
- Must have poise and maturity, a high level of energy and drive, a “make things happen" personality, and an even/balanced temperament.
- Projects the interpersonal skills to connect well and establish long-term, positive relationships with the management team and employees in general - should be willing to learn from others and demonstrate appropriate sensitivities to all constituencies.
- Should have a personal values system that encompasses the highest standards of loyalty, honesty, integrity, and professional ethics that matches with the company’s principles and guidelines as noted below:
- Problem Solving: Able to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; focuses on process rather than isolated events; obtains multiple assessments of a situation and identifies trouble spots; evaluates alternative solutions.
- Results Orientation: Able to manage progress toward operational effectiveness; can implement preventative measures and establish clear accountability for action; confronts problems head on and takes decisive action.
- Manage Change: Able to identify, support and implement appropriate change initiatives; promotes and builds support for change initiatives; encourages innovation and supports employees through the transition process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree or Technical Diploma is highly preferred. Would consider someone with a Technical Trade background in Tool Making
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a plant manager in a fast paced automotive manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge will be critical for success – Stamping, welding, machining and metal fabrication
- Should possess a historical track record of proactive customer interface at a management level.
- Superior supervisory skills - experience should contain a documented history of positive employee relations successes combined with an ability to interact in a positive manner with the production workforce and with all levels of management
Indeed - 19 months ago
Now in its 10th year of business, Waterford Search - Selection – Advisory has enjoyed several opportunities to work with some of North...