Hardware Controls Engineer/ Electrical Engineer
The Hardware Controls Engineer will under minimal supervision, design, develop and modify new and existing control systems. Using computer-assisted engineering and design software, the incumbent will complete PC board and circuit designs for prototype development in compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements. The incumbent will also be required to help resolve technical problems, while actively participating in improving control system design processes and implementing change.
- Develop new and improved control designs for temperature controllers and other control systems;
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects;
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications;
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results;
- Ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards;
- Research into new controls hardware and technologies;
- Work with production areas to enhance quality of products, solicit and develop new ideas;
- Occasionally visit customer sites to troubleshoot and service products; provide solutions;
- Some travel will be required;
- Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience,
Strong background in microelectronics
Experience designing industrial control systems including servo electric systems, temperature controllers and industrial communications
Building Circuit Boards, from scratch, design circuits
PC Board experience
Embedded Micro-Processor Design
Operating system knowledge - modifying for use on special hardware
Experience with operator interface design, PLC programming, C, C++ and .NET is a strong asset.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Now in its 10th year of business, Waterford Search - Selection – Advisory has enjoyed several opportunities to work with some of North...