Business Development Manager – Construction
Vancouver BC - Sediment Control & Water Treatment Company
We have an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager in Vancouver B.C. reporting to the General Sales Manager.
The Opportunity: You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with our construction and industrial customer base that includes property developers, builders, excavation companies, municipalities and large project management companies. You will be accountable for developing leads, establishing relationships maintaining existing business and securing new business opportunities for the company.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years+ experience in sediment control, water treatment or chemical sales industries would be an asset.
- Degree or diploma in business, engineering, or construction management or certifications in any of the following areas; Water Remediation Technician (WRT), Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment Control(CPESC) , Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality (CPSWQ), will be considered though not a pre-requisite.
- Combination of three plus years of direct field experience and technical training will be considered an asset.
- Experience in construction industry is a major asset.
Skills & Knowledge:
Knowledge of the water treatment industry; including water chemistry, sediment control; liquid/solids separation, chemical application and process flow application and technology.
Practical experience with process equipment; including pumps, valves, controllers and water testing equipment.
Possess strong project management skills.
Possess strong time management skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with customers in highly labour oriented to highly technical environments, and provide excellent customer service in all types of situations.
Proficiency with MS Office - Excel, Word, Outlook
Our Ideal Candidate
- Excellent at creating and maintaining relationships with customers for new and existing business leads
- Excellent leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Analytical, detail oriented, hands on, and a team player.
- Customer service orientation with the ability to deal calmly with customers under stressful situations.
- Skilled at management of multiple projects, opportunity analysis and decision-making.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus incentives
- Excellent Benefits
- Company vehicle, gas card, laptop, cellular phone
- Positive workplace environment, upbeat corporate culture
- Career growth potential
Apply with Cover Letter and Resume to: