Watchguard Technologies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Decent place to work but very little personal growth opportunity
Manager - Support, Partner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 November 2016
Always work to do. Busy from start to finish. I learned everything I know about managing people, conflict resolution, mentor ship, network and security technology, and how to listen to employees. I also ran many projects so I am including project management.

I was lead on the interview and hiring process for over 12 years, including developing interview questions for mutiple skill levels.

Management was decent. I would like to have had more 1 on 1 time with my management to work more on personal growth and to generally get a better feedback loop.

Co-workers were why I stayed so long in the first place, great teams.

Hardest part of my job was not knowing my priorities to stay most efficient with time management at times. Priorities changed constantly and I felt at times I was not set up for success as well as I could have been.

I really enjoyed the hiring and training process, the projects I was assigned, mentoring and growing the techs. Interactions with the partners and other departments were a big reason I stayed on.
Overall I learned quite a bit at WatchGuard and I don't regret any of it.
Manager - Support, Partner (Former Employee) –  seattle, wa3 November 2015
Days at work are chaotic, but fulfilling. Networking, management skills, working with other departments were great skills to pick up.Co-workers were great to work with. Managing up was very difficult and was a constant challenge. The most enjoyable parts of the job were seeing the efforts of mentoring come to fruition. Also, working with other departments was something I took on myself
Good place to work at
Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 January 2016
The company culture is nice. I never feel overly stressed. Workload can fluctuate but it's never overwhelming. Coworkers and management are always willing to help and answer questions.
Great place to learn about Network and IT
Channel Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 May 2014
WatchGuard has an identity crisis. It doesn't know if its focus should be on Enterprise or SMB.

The two main product lines, XTM and XCS do not really complement each other.
For the Love of AT&T!
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 June 2013
It was my first job out of college, the year 1999. The Nokia 6160 was the iPhone of 99'. AT&T is a solid, great place to work. I loved my co-workers and my customers.
Pros
free phone. good money.
Cons
none.
Director of Sales
Director of National Accounts and Channel Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago19 November 2013
Management National Channel and Sales team for US and Canada.
Product and Service were a SME play and very good customer base.
Good
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 February 2014
Nice people, fair marketing recently they need to be more aggressive with such good products
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Average marketing

2.9