SAFETY AND RISK ADVISOR – CACHE CREEK
Our business line starts as a local company operating within the Province of British Columbia for over 30 years. We now stand as an ISO 14001 registered company. Wastech is a strong partner for corporations, government agencies and institutions in the design, management, and optimization of recycling and waste management systems. Our head office is in Coquitlam with operations in North Vancouver, Surrey, Matsqui and Cache Creek. Wastech currently has an opening for a Safety and Risk Advisor based out of the Cache Creek location.
It is Wastech’s mission to operate in a safe, responsible manner that respects the environment, the health of our employees, our customers and the communities that we operate in.
The Safety and Risk Advisor will report to the Safety, Risk and Resources Manager.
Under the direction of the Safety, Risk and Resources Manager, the Safety and Risk Advisor will be responsible for the delivery and execution of all tasks listed under their area of responsibility. The Safety and Risk Advisor will be one of Wastech’s experts in WorkSafeBC Regulations, the OH&S Program and all other applicable regulations. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with the desire and ability to ensure compliance with all of the OH&S requirements applicable to our business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of our Safety Program.
- Develop and schedule weekly safety meeting topics
- Conduct, coordinate and assist in conducting investigations of all injuries, accidents and near misses, safety inspections, audits, new worker orientations, site orientations and safety meetings.
- Develop safe work practices and procedures
- Ensure compliance with OH&S Program, WorkSafeBC and all other applicable regulations
- Assist in the organization of training
- Take minutes at safety meeting
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Related post-secondary education and/or degree, diploma or formal course work, preferred OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience directly related to the duties of this position
- A minimum of 1 year health and safety experience
- Possession of a current valid Driver's License
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft office Suite
- Superior Knowledge of WorkSafeBC's OH&S Regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Experience in dealing with a wide variety of personalities both face-to-face and in other formats
- Diplomacy, tact, good judgment and the capacity to maintain confidentiality
- Exercise a high degree of initiative and judgment
- Work under limited supervision in a multi-tasking environment
No phone calls please. Only applicants chosen to proceed to the interview stage will be contacted