Waste Management Employee Reviews

Good job but repetitious.
Residential Waste Collector (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 November 2015
Good job.Poorly managed.
Picking up recycling/organic material in Peel Region and dumping it at MiRF.
There is no room for advancement and good work not rewarded as it once was. Co workers are ok, but majority are lazy.
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Poor management, Employment relies on contract.
Productive environment with great benefits
Truck driver/Swamper (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 November 2015
On a typical day, I would drive the truck around the city on main roads and alleyways. I pick up the recycling bins and take the recyclables and out them in the truck.
Good place to work to gain some experience, but no room for advancement
Route Mananger (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 November 2015
Great company culture, with extra emphasis on employee safety. Area management doesn't support local management team when it's needed the most. Hours are long, and sometime expectations on employees are far too much for the yearly salary. Employee advancement seems to be gauged on popularity rather than on performance.
Pros
Decent pay & benefits, strong safety culture
Cons
Long hours, little to no support from area management.
Productive and not good office space, too crowded
Sales Coordinator&Construction Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2015
To stand up to my commitment a typical day can go by like I have been there just for 4 or 5 hours, have to answer the phone queue and action customers requests as I am completing other e-mail requests at the same time from sales reps and other customers. Learned new systems. Management needs more improvement. The hardest part of the job is no appreciation or motivation on what you work hard and complete in timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of the customer when they end up in my line. Standing up to my commitment I gave the employer by completing my tasks in timely manners.
Pros
Work hours
driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2015
Best job every, my biggest regret is that i quit trying to get back on now. great hours great pay, awesome work out. Its alot of work but it sperates the boys from the men!!
Learning new things about waste
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary26 October 2015
Started when the flood of 2013 was just happening, they brought me in for maternity coverage, with a chance of a permanent position.

After the crisis they decided to move all the route data entry to Edmonton office.

my co-workers were fun and willing to train me on which ever system that was needed to be used.
Pros
Free Pizia every other week
Cons
Aternoon shift till 6 pm
Fun but hard place to work
Revenue Management Centre Liaison (Former Employee) –  Waterloo28 September 2015
WM always asked for the most you could give, and then a little bit more. It was hard. But the people I worked with were great so that balanced it all out. And the pay was pretty good. Really hard to move around the company though.
Great employees
Account Manager- Small and Medium Business (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2015
Fun to work with the employees. easy to relate to. Management unaware of what is happening on floor. Agents need more training and coaching on sales objectives and to meet sales quotas..
Pros
salary and benefits
Productive work, never get bored
General Labour- Garbage truck helper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 September 2015
being a garbage truck helper at waste management was great, because of the hours available to me. this company provided water, assistance and gloves when need. The completion of map was a task, every worker was willing to achieve.
Pros
breaks whenever needed
Cons
some drivers
Great company
Sanitation Engineer/Driver Trainer/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  MELBOURNE FL18 September 2015
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. WELL ORGANIZED AND STRUCTURED COMPANY.Great benifits ,proper work tools top of the line safety policies.
Job security
DZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 September 2015
Waste Management is a great place to work with lots of hours and overtime and the staff is easy to get along with. I am just looking for something with the ability to work from home.
Pros
pay
Cons
no holidays off
waste management
Garbage Helper (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 August 2015
honestly i enjoyed waste management even though i was a helper i felt like the job would of been even more enjoyable if i was an actually employee there.
Pros
lunch anywhere
Cons
working by myself cause i didnt have the license to drive the truck
Great Company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 August 2015
Excellent training. Nice employee engagement. Overall fair company with clearly defined policies. Wastemanagement has nice staff and fair practices.
Very enjoyable different jobs done every day
Office Manager/Administration (Former Employee) –  Carp, Ontario5 August 2015
Working at the landfill was very interesting and you learned about the environment and the daily things going on
Management was very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and helpful
Co-worker were very helpful, personable and nice
It was an enjoyable job because you did different things everyday and had the opportunity to learn
Pros
Lunches, Functions and travel to other sites
Very dynamic industry
Major Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 August 2015
The thing I love about working at Waste Management is the people. I feel supported and appreciated by my manager and my team. I love working with customers and problem solving to find the right solution for their needs. I love to learn about the industry and how the changing dynamics of our business impacts our clients. Change is a constant at Waste Management and although I thrive on this change, I too am looking for a career change, in order to apply my skills and learn new things, after working 20 years successfully with this company.
Pros
People
enjoyable to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC10 July 2015
Management takes very good care of their employees, very supportive and understanding. A family oriented company, The drivers are very important to them, we are not just a number.
Pros
hourly rate, work benefits
Cons
Fun working environment with great management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Waterloo24 June 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits. Drivers get compensated well. The job in itself is incredibly physical but rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work environment
Cons
Physical, rain or shine work outside
Fast pace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gatineau Q22 June 2015
routine daily house to house pick ups of garbage and compost.

following complex policies for no cross contamination.
good sense of achievement after passing by realizing its now clean.
Pros
always have a job because of the need of service
Cons
long hours regardless of weather
A very busy, but fun place to work - always new challenges with stimulating team actions
MARKET AREA ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2015
Waste Management is a fun place to work. There are always new and exciting challenges that provoke thinking and actions. Management is committed to making sure that everyone has the tools needed to be successful on the job.
Great pay, dirty work
Recycle/Garbage truck operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 May 2015
Responsible for the daily collection of refuse (garbage or recycle) within a set area. typically 3 loads per day with a drive to and from the dump site. co workers were awesome, as were some of the management. The hardest part of the job is working during the cold and wet seasons, with increased holiday refuse. The best thing about the job is the pay rate and the tips during the christmas season
Pros
excellent benefits/wages
Cons
Long hours, huge workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.