Waste Management Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Pathetic
Route Manager, Brampton (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free gasoline
Cons: everything except the free gasoline
Destroys your life and mood. Leadership there is pathetic and has the mindset of accepting failure and generally being a bunch of jerks. I recommend this to someone if they would like to destroy their life.
Waste Management- Fast Paced environment
Recycle Sorter-Labourer (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 23, 2012
Pros: company was great, fast paced environment
Cons: location would get very hot in the summer.
Work at waste management was fun and very fast paced, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The team that I worked in was enjoyable and I developed a great relationship with my manager, since I was willing to do some work that other team members were reluctant to complete.

I enjoyed my time at Waste Management, but when the plant closed I had to relocate.
Fun workplace
painter/welder (Former Employee), Dartmouth Nova ScotiaJuly 6, 2012
typical day of work started by cleaning out shop bay. then bringing bins in that needed welding and paint. i learned how to safely weld and do so at a productive pace. all my co-workers were very easy to get along with and made my job alot easier. the hardest part of my job was learning how to get in a routine at first to ensure my work was at 100% but also to be very productive as well. i enjoyed every aspect of with waste management
Great place to work people and other departments were very friendly
Client Care Representative / Account Manager (Former Employee), BramptonFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: worked on a waste landfill smelled very bad in the summer
Utilize InfoPro to schedule pick's for Commercial Customers and called Potential clients for quotes and question surrounding obtaining new business.
Hard work and long hours
DZ - Urban Waste Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
What can you say ....
You drive a truck and throw garbage into it.
The work is hard physically and you are out in all kinds of weather.
But ....
You are out on your own, in your own truck.
The boss is not on your case unless you are slow.
You are out getting exercise and fresh air.
The pay is decent.
I enjoyed working for this company.
public service
Baler/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), trenton, ontarioNovember 5, 2014
It was not a terrible job to have, however management would ignore employee needs in such a manner as to barrage arrogance to their fellow employee.
fast paced environment with good pay and benefits
maintenance manager/night shift foreman (Former Employee), AlbertaOctober 6, 2014
Typical day included daily maintenance planning, toolbox meeting and launching mechanics in their respective tasks. communicate with operations and their daily needs and integrate into nightly plan. Continued with parts ordering and receiving or previously ordered parts. Inspect and advise mechanics on their current and ongoing jobs. resume personal jobs while staying fluid to advise and help with ongoing jobs throughout the shop. finish night off with updating operations on availability of units.
good company to work for and good benifit.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), bramptonFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: depends
good company to work for but the customers are very difficult to deal with but u just have to know that some people cant be change.
The Best of the Waste
Contractor/Data Entry Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 12, 2013
Waste Management was unfortunetly a contract based position, but such a great company to work for. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, and incredibly appreciative of the work I do. It is a shame it was only for a short period of time, I would have really enjoyed to stay as an employee.
was a very hostile environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeJune 30, 2014
Pros: a great bunch of employees
Cons: toxic management
the team was great, management frowned on employees having fun at work, or planning things together outside of work.
it was not a supportive, learning environment.
Very well managed.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: i learned while i worked.
Cons: healthcare and benefits.
I learned a lot of work skills at this job and still use them to this day.
good job but has changed through the years no
Roll off Driver (Current Employee), Barrie ontarioMay 14, 2014
Pros: good trucks and co workers
Cons: lousey pay and bosses
great job but with changes in sales and management the work enviorment has changed and no longer is a great place to work.
Productive outdoor workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 13, 2013
Pros: payed lunch and get to meet a lot of new people
Cons: long hours sometimes on weekends
Jobs are by appointment travelling one place to another some days there is a lot of work other days are slow. I learned lots about demolition on office spaces and how to setup a crew for the teardown.
One of the best jobs I ever had!
ScaleOperator/Clerical (Former Employee), Maidstone, OntarioJuly 9, 2013
Pros: pro was getting along well with co workers
Cons: the only con i can think of is if there were no trucks coming into the scale
My work day started at 6:30 am and I was the first one in the office, besides the drivers whom had their own room. I weighed in trucks daily, I dealt with cash customers needing to dump their personal trash, all clerical duties, many different types of reports using computer skills I've acquired throughout the years and use of CB radio and surveillance cameras. The people I worked with were some of the best people I've ever met. Each driver who worked for the company and the outside people needing to empty their trash, were always so nice to me. There was no hard part of the job. Unfortunately it was only a temporary job and they were bought out by a different company, they didn't want to let me go and gave me a good bye party when I did have to leave.
Older uncomfortable trucks
Driver (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: older trucks, condensed routes, lack of training
I worked for this company in Vancouver BC, even though they wanted a driver I got hired as a swamper. Work is extremely busy in residential areas and very condensed tight routes.

I always wondered why they keep advertising the job.Every few weeks I saw their ad on my email updates, and I realize the reason now since they it is extremely hard to find drivers who would get in and out 1000 times a day

Your knees after along 10hours shift will feel very stiff, and you might end up doing knee surgery down the road
Trucks are too old and frequently needs repairs, I was horrified to find most of their trucks mirrors are in desperate need for repair.

Most of older drivers are on sick leave or recovering or even injured
The only constant is change.
Analyst (Sales & Marketing) (Current Employee), Ontario, CanadaAugust 26, 2014
Company always seems to be in flux and reorgs are commonplace. No job security.
Chill night shift, great co-workers
Material Sorter (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 25, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: long hours
Great working environment with great co-workers. Long hours with repetitive activities.
a job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not forgiving at all
Not much to say as they were very professional but not forgiving at all
Basic day to day
Commercial Sales (Current Employee), Waterloo OntarioAugust 26, 2013
Waste Management is a decent company. Work week is Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5:00
Excellent overall company
SR Dispatcher (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: stress
I really enjoy the company and the people. I miss working outside and with others.
Headquarters