Waste Management

Waste Management Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
special accounts
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with many different customers
Cons: lots of overtime and many saturdays
worked on special accounts from Windsor, CT
called and asked for payment status of all open invoices
dispute resolution
creation of invoices
spreadsheets
any other duties required to get job done
Hard dirty work
Sorter/Unloader (Former Employee), Garland, TXDecember 4, 2014
Get to work clock in go through safety procedures put on safety equipment gloves hat wrist wear & safety glasses etc..
working maintenience at waste mamnagement.
maintenience (Former Employee), Oakwood Village, OHDecember 4, 2014
at waste management i worked maintenience 3rd shift. my job responsibilitys was to lock-out tag-out machines and prep. the plant for upcoming shift. i learned how to repair the stars for the machine to work properly.this job was easy for anyone who is willing to work at a set pace. the only hard part was learning to work around the animals who would – more... enter the plant such as racoons, rats, and deer in the parking lot but not – less
Good Enviroment.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: dry and clean work shop
Cons: some outdoor work in the rain
Waste management was a good company to work for, or to work with.
The management was open to new ideas that were presented to them. Most of the work was indoor maintenance and repair.
Great Job
NJ Setup Supervisor (Former Employee), Ewing, NJDecember 1, 2014
Wonder work day , loved the challenges of the job on a daily basis
excellent company
National Sales Trainer III (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 30, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: too many corporate restructure
I worked at WM for many years in many different positions. I always felt supported and free to share my opinions. The company offered fair compensation and benefits. I was also provided the ability to work from home. I recommended working for WM to others.
Productive and fun
Corporate Sales (Former Employee), City of Commerce, CaNovember 28, 2014
Pros: commision was nice
Cons: no bathroom breaks and 30 minute lunches
Phones were also non-stop and back to back phone calls, multi-task was a priority in this department, and co-workers were great. I enjoyed my job and the name of the company was respected by other industries.
Simple Job Made More Difficult Than Needed
Garbage Truck Driver (Current Employee), Elizabeth, PANovember 27, 2014
Easy enough job, redundant paperwork and computer work.
Severely understaffed, 1 person calls off, changes everything for several.
Alright place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Harrison, MiNovember 26, 2014
Pros: management, co workers were great.
Cons: looong hours, trucks always breaking down
Besides the long hours and being very under staffed, the job itself wasn't too bad. Had a lot of respect for management, their door was always open. I'm just a strong family oriented person, and the 14 hour days got to me after a while.
Fast paced environment
Project Manager (Current Employee), MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits, hard working co-workers.
Cons: no appreciation by the company. constant down sizing, limited upward mobility.
Dynamic and changing environment with no down time. You will experience a wide variety of challenges and conditions to get the job done. No day is the same.
productive and busy enviroment
cleaning and waste team member (Former Employee), GlasgowNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: transport back and forth
I would be stationed to the compound, where I would unload bugy's and trailers of there rubbish bags and sort and put them in the appropriate skips for recycling. I would also have to clean small and large wheelie bins with a power whose.
Hard Work - Low Pay
Customer Service and Yard Operator (Former Employee), Grass Valley, CANovember 24, 2014
Working here is getting a high level of responsibility without reasonable compensation. Operate Heavy Machinery without getting certified. Get the experience but not the recognition.
Great, hard-working people as co-workers
Communications Manager (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great people to work with
Cons: lots of reorganizations/transitions
Great people that really care about their work and the customers they serve. Workload can be heavy at times, and hourly workers often work overtime. Benefits are very good, but not a lot of time off. Management and work culture can vary by location.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Germantown, WINovember 19, 2014
•a typical day at work is very busy, not really a break in between calls
Productive and fun place
Sorter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: taco truck outside so we dont have to leave for lunch, nice and friendly staff members
Cons: too much overtime sometimes, refrigerator did not work. hot and cool temperatures.
Enjoyed all the overtime hours.

I learned how to work in a crowded environment.

The workers were friendly.

Hardest part of the job is when we have to remove the trash from the bales, some of the trash is very difficult to pull out and they might send them back if not picked properly.
Ok place to work for
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2014
Remove and install tires, A/C and Air compressor, starters, brake chambers, brake shoes, slack adjusters, valve cover gaskets, pinion seals. Report all my work through Transman program.
It was an experince
Driver helper (Former Employee), H.cNovember 14, 2014
I worked in pa waste managment liers. And bk stabers not all but alot of them are they will fire u for anything ridding on bk of step sitting in cab getting hurt to much they call u accident prone no head phones on if u riding on step they listen to drive cam
The pros are weekly pay 6.25 a week full benifits after 90 days company uniforms after a year – more... I believe u can transfer to any wm around if there is an position open they clean your uniforms I was there a 4 am till no later then 33o pm – less
No chance for growth. Management didn't allow advancement. If
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: available for immediate hire.
Cons: bad management.
No chance for growth. Bad management. Management didn't listen to dispatcher suggestions.
A day on the field
Spotter (Current Employee), Irwindale, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: good hours, decent pay, great crew
Cons: weather (heat) dehydration
Every morning would start off with a cool breeze, at a steady pace. but sure enough the sun would be blazing and the bottom dumbs super tens and semis would come pouring in ready to fill that lot. I loved that job! the money was decent the hours never seemed to long and my co-workers definitely made work feel like a home away from home. I learned a – more... lot about different materials such as asphalt marble, tile, glass. How they can effect us just by standing next to itfor a few moments let alone what it could do out in our community, – less
productive work place with a wonderful enviroment
Dispatcher / Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2014
Great company to work for. good benefits and vacation . had a lot of great co workers that were like family. great working environment.

About Waste Management

Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are – Read more

Waste Management Photos