Waste Management Employee Reviews in Canada

awsome place to work
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  edmontonOctober 27, 2014
nothing bad to say everything provided to do job coworkers were excellant
Pros
lots employee celebrations
Cons
american company
fast paced environment with good pay and benefits
maintenance manager/night shift foreman (Former Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 6, 2014
Typical day included daily maintenance planning, toolbox meeting and launching mechanics in their respective tasks. communicate with operations and their daily needs and integrate into nightly plan. Continued with parts ordering and receiving or previously ordered parts. Inspect and advise mechanics on their current and ongoing jobs. resume personal jobs while staying fluid to advise and help with ongoing jobs throughout the shop. finish night off with updating operations on availability of units.
Very well managed.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  ONSeptember 8, 2014
I learned a lot of work skills at this job and still use them to this day.
Pros
i learned while i worked.
Cons
healthcare and benefits.
The only constant is change.
Analyst (Sales & Marketing) (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CanadaAugust 26, 2014
Company always seems to be in flux and reorgs are commonplace. No job security.
Management and team moral needs improving
Dispatcher II (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 7, 2014
Although the perks of this employer is great (pay, benefits, RRSP's, etc.) the work environment itself, is very negative. Employees do not receive enough or any positive feedback from their management / supervisor team. Will receive the amount of work for 4 dispatchers as opposed to 1. Coverage of areas are constantly changing. In less then 1 month, 4 people quit and were not replaced. Always short staffed.
Asking for shift changes and being told when once becomes available you will receive it, after 2 years and few new people being hired with the shift you wanted, having to use vacation days for doctor appointments (shift was 9-6, was very difficult to make appointments when needed).
good employer
na (Current Employee) –  Western CanadaJuly 15, 2014
Entery level managers make a lot of the day to day decisions. It is a fast paced work environment with little room for errors or delayed decision making. Communications between departments is usually fair to good but never great.
was a fun work enviroment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
start my shift a 7am. Made sure all drivers had their routes in order for their day. 8am started making my call out to drivers for same day service this had to be done before 10am. also at this time would take calls from drivers who had blocked bins and phone the customer to have whatever was blocking bin removed.then would start planning for next day route for drivers.
Pros
free lunches, gift cards
productive work place
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  cambridge ,ONJuly 7, 2014
just a job that paid the bills it was hard work but the co workers were fun to be around and great team players i enjoyed making money
was a very hostile environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Prince GeorgeJune 30, 2014
the team was great, management frowned on employees having fun at work, or planning things together outside of work.
it was not a supportive, learning environment.
Pros
a great bunch of employees
Cons
toxic management
Chill night shift, great co-workers
Material Sorter (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 25, 2014
Great working environment with great co-workers. Long hours with repetitive activities.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
great place for people who love to push them selves
Loader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 14, 2014
it was great place to work because a normal work day is not in a specific location
good job but has changed through the years no
Roll off Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie ontarioMay 14, 2014
great job but with changes in sales and management the work enviorment has changed and no longer is a great place to work.
Pros
good trucks and co workers
Cons
lousey pay and bosses
Its a busy place
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
I check my email in the morning and respond back
Start my daily list
Attend daily meetings
update excell what I have completed
Pros
very flexible
Cons
sometime it gets very busy
Working with two other women was fun and we got the job done too!
Dispatch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sk.April 10, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of phone answering, job entering and scheduling and then dispatching to drivers. When the run sheets were finalized, they were printed and I collated and stapled them. The hardest part of the job was when we were slow, it was hard to keep busy. All the staff at the time were interesting and respectful-the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
staff lunches
Cons
toxic (mould) in the office environment
great place to work
Container Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  550 Bowes Rd. Concord ONFebruary 10, 2014
managers are professional and helpful
always new challenges
Pros
great company and team
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
It is a learning process, always on the lookout for your co-worker and yourself safety. A typical day is like not stop work, whether it be on the production line, cleaning and shovelling debris. The morning is the hardest time, because for some reason the time drags on. We all work as a team, always helping and watching each other back. Management is always on the go. The most enjoyable part of the job is where we can have a laugh and break the tension, it helps make the time past faster. Some days we all know when to start, but at the end of the day, it can end up any time after 5/6pm or more.
a job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Not much to say as they were very professional but not forgiving at all
benefits
Cons
not forgiving at all
Very disrespectful place to work
Recycle Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West HantsJanuary 20, 2014
Decent pay and benifits but emploees are treated very poor.On a daily basis you are bullied,put down and accused of things before there is any proof.Management i feel get off on suspending and firing employees no matter what the outcome.Would never recommend Waste Management to my worse enemy.
very fast paced
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Walkerton onJanuary 16, 2014
yes it was a great learning exspearance and they wear all a great bunch of people
Best Place To Work
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, ONJanuary 12, 2014
I started with the company in 2005, as a front line Manager, and progressed over the 7 years I was employed, to District Manager. The company sold up and left town back in 2012, but my time, overall was one of the best - very stressful at times, but the support network was second to none, and the structure and systems were light years ahead of the competition. There were tough times, but I can honestly say I have nothing negative to say about this employer - fantastic family atmosphere & great safety culture. In my last 2 to 3 years at the District, I had the honour to work with a great team, and fantastic group of professional drivers & support employees & staff. I believe one of my lowest seniority employees had 10 years seniority - that speaks for itself. From the bottom to the top, your opinion counted, and regular employee surveys were carried out by external (confidential) bodies, and all findings acted upon. Where else can you find that? Also, they continually asked their customers (with surveys) what they thought about WM. If you get the call, it will be the best decision you can make ....
Pros
enjoyed coming to work, treated with dignity & respect
Cons
keeping up with new developments!