Waste Management Employee Reviews

Great Job Experience
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 24, 2016
I would get picked up from my house around 3:30-4pm (after school) and be brought to the job site for the day, go on a truck, start working, get dropped back off at home.
Pros
Food, Breaks.
Cons
Very Draining
Very disrespectful place to work
Recycle Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West HantsJanuary 20, 2014
Decent pay and benifits but emploees are treated very poor.On a daily basis you are bullied,put down and accused of things before there is any proof.Management i feel get off on suspending and firing employees no matter what the outcome.Would never recommend Waste Management to my worse enemy.
good place to work
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  brampton onMarch 11, 2015
a good place to work, good benefits, work environment. Managers were helpful. allow you to work independently. friendly and professional co-workers.
It was a good environment to work in
waste collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
this job taught me a lot about responsibility because it started at 5am and usually ended around 8pm, the job was difficult at times but the pay was worth it and i got plenty hours.
Very Good company to work for
Sanitation Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 12, 2013
This company offers a excellent safety run business.The Management have always been helpful.Benefits ,rrsp and ect are top notch.
Pros
safety oriented
Cons
very physical job
Learning new things about waste
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 26, 2015
Started when the flood of 2013 was just happening, they brought me in for maternity coverage, with a chance of a permanent position.

After the crisis they decided to move all the route data entry to Edmonton office.

my co-workers were fun and willing to train me on which ever system that was needed to be used.
Pros
Free Pizia every other week
Cons
Aternoon shift till 6 pm
Job security
DZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Waste Management is a great place to work with lots of hours and overtime and the staff is easy to get along with. I am just looking for something with the ability to work from home.
Pros
pay
Cons
no holidays off
Productive work, never get bored
General Labour- Garbage truck helper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2015
being a garbage truck helper at waste management was great, because of the hours available to me. this company provided water, assistance and gloves when need. The completion of map was a task, every worker was willing to achieve.
Pros
breaks whenever needed
Cons
some drivers
Very enjoyable different jobs done every day
Office Manager/Administration (Former Employee) –  Carp, OntarioAugust 5, 2015
Working at the landfill was very interesting and you learned about the environment and the daily things going on
Management was very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and helpful
Co-worker were very helpful, personable and nice
It was an enjoyable job because you did different things everyday and had the opportunity to learn
Pros
Lunches, Functions and travel to other sites
Cons
Productive environment with great benefits
Truck driver/Swamper (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCNovember 26, 2015
On a typical day, I would drive the truck around the city on main roads and alleyways. I pick up the recycling bins and take the recyclables and out them in the truck.
Very well managed.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  ONSeptember 8, 2014
I learned a lot of work skills at this job and still use them to this day.
Pros
i learned while i worked.
Cons
healthcare and benefits.
able to make money... if you can get a shift
loader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2015
lets start of by saying I haven't quit because I haven't found a new job. the job can get hard on the body. some of the people you work with are nice others.. not so much. defiantly not worth the pay. long hard days no matter what weather for basically minimum wage. I don't know about all agencies but the one im with is horrible. They take forever to reply back to you IF they do. constant mishaps over scheduling and payment. lied about pay increases and being hired on. TO ALL LOADERS WHATEVER AN AGENCY SAYS YOU WILL NOT MAKE OVER 13/HR AND WASTE MANAGEMENT WILL NOT I REPEAT WILL NOT HIRE YOU ON. During busy season its easy to make 600 in four days if you are willing to put in the hours. But as of now I am LUCKY to get 2 shift a week. it is march. This is from personal experience cut my agency out and it would be 10000000000x better of an experience
Pros
4 day weeks
Cons
pay is not worth the work
disappointing
Senior Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2013
At the end of my short career at Waste Management I found it hard to come to work everyday. The company had a odd way of operating and not making it easy on the employees. Decisions were made to "better" the team however that back fired for the lack of moral. Although I did move on from the call centre I still find that the management style was the same. Managers seemed to care about you as person and as an employee however their actions suggested different.I have made some lasting friendship from working at WM, find out I can work in a very fast paced environment, and that I can sell and be good at it. It is just not a fair company to work for.
Pros
the people are great, activities during the holidays were fun, customer service week was fun
Cons
low pay, poor decisions, backstabbing, no advancement, brainwashed managers
Excellent overall company
SR Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 24, 2013
I really enjoy the company and the people. I miss working outside and with others.
Pros
benifits
Cons
stress
a job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Not much to say as they were very professional but not forgiving at all
benefits
Cons
not forgiving at all
truck driver
truck driver (Former Employee) –  st.catharinesDecember 6, 2011
excellent place to work along with great benefits. Good salary.
It is a union company .
Pros
great pay
Cons
long days
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
It is a learning process, always on the lookout for your co-worker and yourself safety. A typical day is like not stop work, whether it be on the production line, cleaning and shovelling debris. The morning is the hardest time, because for some reason the time drags on. We all work as a team, always helping and watching each other back. Management is always on the go. The most enjoyable part of the job is where we can have a laugh and break the tension, it helps make the time past faster. Some days we all know when to start, but at the end of the day, it can end up any time after 5/6pm or more.
driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
Best job every, my biggest regret is that i quit trying to get back on now. great hours great pay, awesome work out. Its alot of work but it sperates the boys from the men!!
Fun but hard place to work
Revenue Management Centre Liaison (Former Employee) –  WaterlooSeptember 28, 2015
WM always asked for the most you could give, and then a little bit more. It was hard. But the people I worked with were great so that balanced it all out. And the pay was pretty good. Really hard to move around the company though.
Full of chanllenges and changes
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONOctober 19, 2012
The nice part of this career is the ever changing environment in which I work. No two days are ever the same. The challenges are to adapt to the changes that you face almost daily. We have an outstanding safety culture and everyone works toward a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
Pros
freedom to run the business
Cons
long hours can be encountered