Waste Management

Waste Management Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
painter/welder (Former Employee), Dartmouth Nova ScotiaJuly 6, 2012
typical day of work started by cleaning out shop bay. then bringing bins in that needed welding and paint. i learned how to safely weld and do so at a productive pace. all my co-workers were very easy to get along with and made my job alot easier. the hardest part of my job was learning how to get in a routine at first to ensure my work was at 100% – more... but also to be very productive as well. i enjoyed every aspect of with waste management – less
Enjoyed the job/challenge
Safety and Compliance manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJune 30, 2012
Pros: flexible hours. upper management support
Cons: office politics
Good job. Excellent opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately tremendous corporate turmoil and office 'politics' near the end.
Good people
Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 28, 2012
Pros: occassional lunch
Cons: long hours-poor management
Good people to work with. Company as a whole is going through challenges as several companies are. They have a great ambition to green the world.
Typical day was from 9-6:30 mon-friday.
Learned roles roles as an Administrator focusing on drivers and thier needs.
Most enjoable part of the job was the drivers.
Waste Management- Fast Paced environment
Recycle Sorter-Labourer (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 23, 2012
Pros: company was great, fast paced environment
Cons: location would get very hot in the summer.
Work at waste management was fun and very fast paced, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The team that I worked in was enjoyable and I developed a great relationship with my manager, since I was willing to do some work that other team members were reluctant to complete.

I enjoyed my time at Waste Management, but when the plant closed I had to relocate.
truck driver
truck driver (Former Employee), st.catharinesDecember 6, 2011
Pros: great pay
Cons: long days
excellent place to work along with great benefits. Good salary.
It is a union company .
Very challenging
Driver (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: never at home most of the time.
A challenging job to ,a experience i will never forget. A job that is full of diverse work to be learn.
Training always available
Payment Coordinator (Current Employee), Smyrna, GASeptember 9, 2014
The constant revolution of accounting made and kept the position interesting and challenging.
Heaviest Work load
Loader Operator (Former Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 9, 2014
An day loading an garbage truck is far from easy. Enduring the weather of all season
Waste Management of San Diego (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: short breaks
employees were so busy keeping up that they did not have lots of time to train you.
Challenging fast paced yet enjoyable due to the great people I work with.
Sr. Manager - WM Organic Growth Group (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Great team of dedicated co-workers make the tough days enjoyable. These same co-workers have been responsible for helping me to learn and develop throughout my career.
Moutain of Trash
Roll-Off Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: home time, home every night
Cons: to strict with the wm way of doing everything
the hardest part was conforming to the waste management way of doing things. It was a job, not much enjoyment on picking up trash.
co-workers some were helpful and other were not typical job no matter were you work.
An excellent company for women in this typically male dominated industry
Business Analyst- Procurement (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2014
An excellent company for women in this typically male dominated industry.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), rochester,nySeptember 5, 2014
the most relaxing customer service job there is. can be busy at times. assisting customers with there trash pickup, setting up service, canceling service. Assisting customers with billing.
waste management kept me very busy
Trash collection (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: temporary position
waste management kept me very busy this allowed the hours to pass quickly.
productive
owner driver (Former Employee), Ellerslie, NSeptember 5, 2014
this role was a very early start and was very customer focused as well as you worked alone you had very little contact with others in the company
The Smell of Money
Night Dispatcher/Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Curtis Bay, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: very exciting, excellent benefits
Cons: long hours fr everyone
Waste Management is all about the GREEN. Its a very fast paced environment - don't forget to smell the flowers!
Good experience but needed better job security
Flow Tester (Current Employee), Williston, NDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: drive time paid, good benefits, treated me well
Cons: co-workers, no work
I worked in the Energy Service Department and it was a newer division. They didn't quite have everything together and didn't have enough work for their workers. Benefits were good and so was compensation. No complaints on Waste Management, they just needed more work.
Productive work place
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Livermore, Ca.September 3, 2014
Pros: friendly professional environment
Cons: it's a temporary position
I work in a fast paced company with a lot of paper trail. It's a well oiled machine and the people are great that I work with. The hardest part of the job is there really isn't as of yet. I'm up for new challenges so we'll see what's next. I look forward to it. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it still exists. Management is friendly and casual – more... but yet very professional. Dress is casual so that's fun too. – less
Very structured organization
Procurement Manager- South Atlantic Area (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: good company although you can plan the "reductions in force" every 24-30 months. (2004, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Good company although you can plan the "reductions in force" every 24-30 months. (2004,2007,2009,2011,2012,2014)
overall good place to work for.
District Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay package, employee engagement
Cons: market area personall, larger sites are more stressful, back stabbing by management.
Fast paced at times, Management works with employees to find solutions to everyday issues. Good pay package

Hardest part of the job was market area personnel conducting site evaluations and getting employees to buy into changing processes.

Most enjoyable part of job was at the smaller sites. Family oriented at smaller sites.

About Waste Management

Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are – Read more

Waste Management Photos