Waste Management

Waste Management Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Good company to work for
Sanitation Employee (Former Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 12, 2013
Pros: safety oriented
Cons: very physical job
This company offers a excellent safety run business.The Management have always been helpful.Benefits ,rrsp and ect are top notch.
Great Company
Driver/Recycler (Former Employee), coquitlamJuly 29, 2013
Pros: everthing
great company to wrk...highly emphasized on safety of employees... best management and great training
hard and good work
driver loader (Former Employee), missisaugaJuly 18, 2013
Pros: good job good benefits
Cons: long hours and poor comunication
the job was good and i enjoyed the actual work
the management was very good but the upper management was very military and had no idea what the workers did
as a matter of fact the president was fired when he appeared on a tv show
One of the best jobs I ever had!
ScaleOperator/Clerical (Former Employee), Maidstone, OntarioJuly 9, 2013
Pros: pro was getting along well with co workers
Cons: the only con i can think of is if there were no trucks coming into the scale
My work day started at 6:30 am and I was the first one in the office, besides the drivers whom had their own room. I weighed in trucks daily, I dealt with cash customers needing to dump their personal trash, all clerical duties, many different types of reports using computer skills I've acquired throughout the years and use of CB radio and surveillance – more... cameras. The people I worked with were some of the best people I've ever met. Each driver who worked for the company and the outside people needing to empty their trash, were always so nice to me. There was no hard part of the job. Unfortunately it was only a temporary job and they were bought out by a different company, they didn't want to let me go and gave me a good bye party when I did have to leave. – less
geat experiance working there
Store clerk, Student Coop program (Former Employee), kanata,ONJuly 4, 2013
it a good company there give you free lunch (the times a was there)if people throw away stuff you can keep whatever you like.
Excellent overall company
SR Dispatcher (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: stress
I really enjoy the company and the people. I miss working outside and with others.
Waste Management is a great place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee), CoquitlamJune 13, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Waste Management, your hours are somewhat flexable. Customer needs are always at the top of my priorty list. The hardest part of my job was not being able to meet my customers needs, due to services we could not provide. I made good friends at Waste Management. A great place to work and grow.
Productive outdoor workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 13, 2013
Pros: payed lunch and get to meet a lot of new people
Cons: long hours sometimes on weekends
Jobs are by appointment travelling one place to another some days there is a lot of work other days are slow. I learned lots about demolition on office spaces and how to setup a crew for the teardown.
Busy productive environment
General Labourer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: hard on the nose.
Standing for eight to ten hours doing repedative work. Masks optional, easy work no experience needed.
Terrible workplace with good salary/ benefits
Helper/Driver (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 22, 2013
Pros: good salary, good benefits, good co-workers
Cons: lack of appreciation by management, mismanagement, long hours
the only place I ever worked where work comes before life, a severe lack of understanding of life's mishaps and unforseen events on management's part.

Arrive at work between 6:15 & 6:45 am, leave shop by 7 am work until all garbage/compost in area is collected, help other drivers finish their runs. Return to shop.

I learned that nobody is safe/ secure – more... in their position there.

management is highly unorganised

No complaints about co-workers.

hardest part of the job: feeling the effects of management pulling trucks out of an already shorthanded area.

most enjoyable part of the job: appreciation by the customer. – less
disappointing
Senior Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: the people are great, activities during the holidays were fun, customer service week was fun
Cons: low pay, poor decisions, backstabbing, no advancement, brainwashed managers
At the end of my short career at Waste Management I found it hard to come to work everyday. The company had a odd way of operating and not making it easy on the employees. Decisions were made to "better" the team however that back fired for the lack of moral. Although I did move on from the call centre I still find that the management style was the – more... same. Managers seemed to care about you as person and as an employee however their actions suggested different.I have made some lasting friendship from working at WM, find out I can work in a very fast paced environment, and that I can sell and be good at it. It is just not a fair company to work for. – less
not a smooth running ship
Truck Driver/Blue Box Collector (Former Employee), vancouverDecember 31, 2012
I am glad I left there, was not happy, treat their employees with little respect
Executive Sales, DULSCO (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZDecember 1, 2012
Waste Management services encompass collection of garbage from client premises and its proper disposal at the municipal dumping yards.Dulsco has Compactors, Skip Trucks and three-ton trucks to carry and dispose of the garbage collected from various customer sites.
Full of chanllenges and changes
District Operations Manager (Current Employee), Brockville, ONOctober 19, 2012
Pros: freedom to run the business
Cons: long hours can be encountered
The nice part of this career is the ever changing environment in which I work. No two days are ever the same. The challenges are to adapt to the changes that you face almost daily. We have an outstanding safety culture and everyone works toward a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
Good Place to work
Scale House Attendant (Former Employee), Brockville, ONSeptember 6, 2012
I liked meeting new people all the time, I wish i could of got hired on. I was working for a agency for this company
Excellent Team
Town Of Whitby, Garbage Collection (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 13, 2012
Pros: just a good place to work.
Cons: hard to get on full time.
From the on the ground managment , to the co-workers of everyday, a great place to work if you can get the chance.
Waste Management
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pre/post check of vehicle
Route planning
Pick-up/dump-out of recycle
Fueling of truck
Safe driving
co-workers were supportive
Enjoyed the physical work.
Fun workplace
painter/welder (Former Employee), Dartmouth Nova ScotiaJuly 6, 2012
typical day of work started by cleaning out shop bay. then bringing bins in that needed welding and paint. i learned how to safely weld and do so at a productive pace. all my co-workers were very easy to get along with and made my job alot easier. the hardest part of my job was learning how to get in a routine at first to ensure my work was at 100% – more... but also to be very productive as well. i enjoyed every aspect of with waste management – less
Productive work place
GIS Developer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2012
Pros: encourage and appreciation about work
Cons: some times, i need to stay long hours
Waste Management has update to date GIS softwares. Also they have developed 3 more enterprise GIS solutions.
Enjoyed the job/challenge
Safety and Compliance manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJune 30, 2012
Pros: flexible hours. upper management support
Cons: office politics
Good job. Excellent opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately tremendous corporate turmoil and office 'politics' near the end.

About Waste Management

Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are – Read more

Waste Management Photos