Waste Management Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Learning new things about waste
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Free Pizia every other week
Cons: Aternoon shift till 6 pm
Started when the flood of 2013 was just happening, they brought me in for maternity coverage, with a chance of a permanent position.

After the crisis they decided to move all the route data entry to Edmonton office.

my co-workers were fun and willing to train me on which ever system that was needed to be used.
Fun but hard place to work
Revenue Management Centre Liaison (Former Employee), WaterlooSeptember 28, 2015
WM always asked for the most you could give, and then a little bit more. It was hard. But the people I worked with were great so that balanced it all out. And the pay was pretty good. Really hard to move around the company though.
Great employees
Account Manager- Small and Medium Business (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: salary and benefits
Fun to work with the employees. easy to relate to. Management unaware of what is happening on floor. Agents need more training and coaching on sales objectives and to meet sales quotas..
Productive work, never get bored
General Labour- Garbage truck helper (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: breaks whenever needed
Cons: some drivers
being a garbage truck helper at waste management was great, because of the hours available to me. this company provided water, assistance and gloves when need. The completion of map was a task, every worker was willing to achieve.
GREAT COMPANY
Sanitation Engineer/Driver Trainer/Truck Driver (Former Employee), MELBOURNE FLSeptember 18, 2015
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. WELL ORGANIZED AND STRUCTURED COMPANY.Great benifits ,proper work tools top of the line safety policies.
Job security
DZ Truck Driver (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no holidays off
Waste Management is a great place to work with lots of hours and overtime and the staff is easy to get along with. I am just looking for something with the ability to work from home.
waste management
Garbage Helper (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: lunch anywhere
Cons: working by myself cause i didnt have the license to drive the truck
honestly i enjoyed waste management even though i was a helper i felt like the job would of been even more enjoyable if i was an actually employee there.
Great Company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2015
Excellent training. Nice employee engagement. Overall fair company with clearly defined policies. Wastemanagement has nice staff and fair practices.
Very enjoyable different jobs done every day
Office Manager/Administration (Former Employee), Carp, OntarioAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Lunches, Functions and travel to other sites
Cons: None
Working at the landfill was very interesting and you learned about the environment and the daily things going on
Management was very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and helpful
Co-worker were very helpful, personable and nice
It was an enjoyable job because you did different things everyday and had the opportunity to learn
Very dynamic industry
Major Account Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 3, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Long hours
The thing I love about working at Waste Management is the people. I feel supported and appreciated by my manager and my team. I love working with customers and problem solving to find the right solution for their needs. I love to learn about the industry and how the changing dynamics of our business impacts our clients. Change is a constant at Waste Management and although I thrive on this change, I too am looking for a career change, in order to apply my skills and learn new things, after working 20 years successfully with this company.
enjoyable to work for
Driver (Former Employee), Longueuil, QCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: hourly rate, work benefits
Cons: none
Management takes very good care of their employees, very supportive and understanding. A family oriented company, The drivers are very important to them, we are not just a number.
Fun working environment with great management
Driver (Current Employee), WaterlooJune 24, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits, work environment
Cons: Physical, rain or shine work outside
Great company to work for with great benefits. Drivers get compensated well. The job in itself is incredibly physical but rewarding at the end of the day.
FAST PACE
Driver (Former Employee), Gatineau QJune 22, 2015
Pros: always have a job because of the need of service
Cons: long hours regardless of weather
routine daily house to house pick ups of garbage and compost.

following complex policies for no cross contamination.
good sense of achievement after passing by realizing its now clean.
A very busy, but fun place to work - always new challenges with stimulating team actions
MARKET AREA ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 5, 2015
Waste Management is a fun place to work. There are always new and exciting challenges that provoke thinking and actions. Management is committed to making sure that everyone has the tools needed to be successful on the job.
Great pay, dirty work
Recycle/Garbage truck operator (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 12, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits/wages
Cons: Long hours, huge workload
Responsible for the daily collection of refuse (garbage or recycle) within a set area. typically 3 loads per day with a drive to and from the dump site. co workers were awesome, as were some of the management. The hardest part of the job is working during the cold and wet seasons, with increased holiday refuse. The best thing about the job is the pay rate and the tips during the christmas season
Very Shady
Driver (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 7, 2015
A very selfish company and the only reason why Waste Management has safety policies is to protect the company and not the employees. The only time they enforce their safety rules is when upper management is around. When an accident occurs, they use there safety policies, that they never enforce, to blame the employee and discipline them. It's all about the company and their insurance costs. Employees are expected to do whatever it takes to get the job done as fast as possible but if anything happens, blame is 100% on the employee.
Great company and Benefit- Tough Industry
Account Manager (Former Employee), Carp, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Lots of Training
Cons: Tough Industry
Account manager of 450 med to large clients.
Mostly retention and collection. Prepared proposal, presentation and negotiated contracts.
Excellent team to with under
Administrative Assistant to the Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: None
My journey has ended with my team. I wish I could of continued with such an amazing team, but you know what they say, you have to spread your wings in life!

I wish nothing but my team happiness and success in years to come
bad place to work
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: bad management
Worst work I have ever been in. Management is the worst they rule through intimidation.Would not recommend this place to anyone.
The Money is good but the hours are bad
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Best Commissions in Waste (this year)
Cons: Too much paperwork
I do not wish to identify with this company.

If you apply here I wish you good luck.

Day starts at 7:30 ends at 5
I learned paperwork is very important
Management's is fine
Co-workers are great
Hardest part is all the backup
Most enjoyable is going home and getting paid
Headquarters