Waste Management
1,110 reviews

Waste Management Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very disrespectful place to work
Recycle Truck Driver (Former Employee), West HantsJanuary 20, 2014
Decent pay and benifits but emploees are treated very poor.On a daily basis you are bullied,put down and accused of things before there is any proof.Management i feel get off on suspending and firing employees no matter what the outcome.Would never recommend Waste Management to my worse enemy.
very fast paced
Labourer (Former Employee), Walkerton onJanuary 16, 2014
yes it was a great learning exspearance and they wear all a great bunch of people
Best Place To Work
Route Manager (Former Employee), Maidstone, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: enjoyed coming to work, treated with dignity & respect
Cons: keeping up with new developments!
I started with the company in 2005, as a front line Manager, and progressed over the 7 years I was employed, to District Manager. The company sold up and left town back in 2012, but my time, overall was one of the best - very stressful at times, but the support network was second to none, and the structure and systems were light years ahead of the competition. – more... There were tough times, but I can honestly say I have nothing negative to say about this employer - fantastic family atmosphere & great safety culture. In my last 2 to 3 years at the District, I had the honour to work with a great team, and fantastic group of professional drivers & support employees & staff. I believe one of my lowest seniority employees had 10 years seniority - that speaks for itself. From the bottom to the top, your opinion counted, and regular employee surveys were carried out by external (confidential) bodies, and all findings acted upon. Where else can you find that? Also, they continually asked their customers (with surveys) what they thought about WM. If you get the call, it will be the best decision you can make .... – less
Lots of experience in different areas
Driver (Former Employee), EdmontonDecember 18, 2013
If you would like to have room to expand in a company; this is it. Waste has a lot of work available, and you can learn port-a-potties too!
The Best of the Waste
Contractor/Data Entry Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 12, 2013
Waste Management was unfortunetly a contract based position, but such a great company to work for. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, and incredibly appreciative of the work I do. It is a shame it was only for a short period of time, I would have really enjoyed to stay as an employee.
not enjoyable work
Sorter (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 18, 2013
hot, messy, undesirable
not rewarding
not much chance for full-time
Basic day to day
Commercial Sales (Current Employee), Waterloo OntarioAugust 26, 2013
Waste Management is a decent company. Work week is Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5:00
Challenging Work Environment with Opportunities for Equipment Improvement
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2013
Pros: free cofffee and tea
Cons: sometimes we have longer hours of work
The design of mechanical equipment used in waste management operations offer our team with the possibility express new ideas for equipment enhancement.
We work as a team, we are expose to the resolution of technical issues, but in general everyone cooperates for the finding of appropriate solutions.
This is a 5-day job that allows us to relax on week-ends, – more... and makes our work more enjoyable. – less
Very Good company to work for
Sanitation Employee (Former Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 12, 2013
Pros: safety oriented
Cons: very physical job
This company offers a excellent safety run business.The Management have always been helpful.Benefits ,rrsp and ect are top notch.
Great Company
Driver/Recycler (Former Employee), coquitlamJuly 29, 2013
Pros: everthing
great company to wrk...highly emphasized on safety of employees... best management and great training
hard and good work
driver loader (Former Employee), missisaugaJuly 18, 2013
Pros: good job good benefits
Cons: long hours and poor comunication
the job was good and i enjoyed the actual work
the management was very good but the upper management was very military and had no idea what the workers did
as a matter of fact the president was fired when he appeared on a tv show
One of the best jobs I ever had!
ScaleOperator/Clerical (Former Employee), Maidstone, OntarioJuly 9, 2013
Pros: pro was getting along well with co workers
Cons: the only con i can think of is if there were no trucks coming into the scale
My work day started at 6:30 am and I was the first one in the office, besides the drivers whom had their own room. I weighed in trucks daily, I dealt with cash customers needing to dump their personal trash, all clerical duties, many different types of reports using computer skills I've acquired throughout the years and use of CB radio and surveillance – more... cameras. The people I worked with were some of the best people I've ever met. Each driver who worked for the company and the outside people needing to empty their trash, were always so nice to me. There was no hard part of the job. Unfortunately it was only a temporary job and they were bought out by a different company, they didn't want to let me go and gave me a good bye party when I did have to leave. – less
geat experiance working there
Store clerk, Student Coop program (Former Employee), kanata,ONJuly 4, 2013
it a good company there give you free lunch (the times a was there)if people throw away stuff you can keep whatever you like.
Excellent overall company
SR Dispatcher (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: stress
I really enjoy the company and the people. I miss working outside and with others.
Waste Management is a great place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee), CoquitlamJune 13, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Waste Management, your hours are somewhat flexable. Customer needs are always at the top of my priorty list. The hardest part of my job was not being able to meet my customers needs, due to services we could not provide. I made good friends at Waste Management. A great place to work and grow.
Productive outdoor workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 13, 2013
Pros: payed lunch and get to meet a lot of new people
Cons: long hours sometimes on weekends
Jobs are by appointment travelling one place to another some days there is a lot of work other days are slow. I learned lots about demolition on office spaces and how to setup a crew for the teardown.
Busy productive environment
General Labourer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: hard on the nose.
Standing for eight to ten hours doing repedative work. Masks optional, easy work no experience needed.
Terrible workplace with good salary/ benefits
Helper/Driver (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 22, 2013
Pros: good salary, good benefits, good co-workers
Cons: lack of appreciation by management, mismanagement, long hours
the only place I ever worked where work comes before life, a severe lack of understanding of life's mishaps and unforseen events on management's part.

Arrive at work between 6:15 & 6:45 am, leave shop by 7 am work until all garbage/compost in area is collected, help other drivers finish their runs. Return to shop.

I learned that nobody is safe/ secure – more... in their position there.

management is highly unorganised

No complaints about co-workers.

hardest part of the job: feeling the effects of management pulling trucks out of an already shorthanded area.

most enjoyable part of the job: appreciation by the customer. – less
Older uncomfortable trucks
Driver (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: older trucks, condensed routes, lack of training
I worked for this company in Vancouver BC, even though they wanted a driver I got hired as a swamper. Work is extremely busy in residential areas and very condensed tight routes.

I always wondered why they keep advertising the job.Every few weeks I saw their ad on my email updates, and I realize the reason now since they it is extremely hard to find – more... drivers who would get in and out 1000 times a day

Your knees after along 10hours shift will feel very stiff, and you might end up doing knee surgery down the road
Trucks are too old and frequently needs repairs, I was horrified to find most of their trucks mirrors are in desperate need for repair.

Most of older drivers are on sick leave or recovering or even injured – less
disappointing
Senior Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: the people are great, activities during the holidays were fun, customer service week was fun
Cons: low pay, poor decisions, backstabbing, no advancement, brainwashed managers
At the end of my short career at Waste Management I found it hard to come to work everyday. The company had a odd way of operating and not making it easy on the employees. Decisions were made to "better" the team however that back fired for the lack of moral. Although I did move on from the call centre I still find that the management style was the – more... same. Managers seemed to care about you as person and as an employee however their actions suggested different.I have made some lasting friendship from working at WM, find out I can work in a very fast paced environment, and that I can sell and be good at it. It is just not a fair company to work for. – less

About Waste Management

Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are – Read more

Waste Management Photos