Waste Management Employee Reviews

Waste disposal company
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 June 2017
I never noticed the smell till i stopped working for them. Almost like being self-employed as I worked alone out of 3 different shop. Got to plan and organize my days. I loved that noone looking over my shoulder once I built trust with the bosses.
I would go back if they called
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2017
This job was great nice hours great pay, boss is great interacts with the employees. Monthly give a ways, a great incentive program and they play music the majority of your shift.
Fun place to work
Garbage Thrower (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 May 2017
I loved working at waste management. The people were so welcoming and helped me get use to the job fast. Its an amazing job for someone who loves to be outdoors in all working conditions and not in a warehouse or a factory all day.
generally good enviroment
Loader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2017
typical work day was hard, long shifts hard work and you have the grull the environment. typically the managers and drivers were nice and accommodated your needs. most of the driver/loaders got along. hardest part of the job would be the grind of filling a truck. most enjoyable would be going to dump the truck.
Pros
at times many breaks
Cons
bursty work...alot at once then little.
Good Place to Work
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 April 2017
Waste Management is a forefront company. A leader in the waste services sector. Work life balance is tough in management, but salary and benefits are adequate.
No respect
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON19 April 2017
If you want a job where all you do is preventative maintenance, management doesn't notice when you put in long hours to make sure trucks are road worthy, promise training but you can't because there is none, tell you there is room for advancement when there really isn't, work on new trucks that are already having major issues, feel like you're in prison because you're monitored by the computers and cameras, then this is the job for you. Good luck and Don't say you weren't warned. Wish I was.
Pros
The guys you work with are amazing
Cons
work at ur own risk of mental health
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON12 April 2017
smelly job coworkers fought alot blaming each other for missing product oin the line kept head down very stressful fast p[ace which i loved hour were nice 7 am to 3 pm and pay was min wage
Pros
experience with fast pace enviroments
Cons
smelly stressful coworkers arguing alot
workplace is fun and reward.
Recycling Process Picker (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON5 April 2017
It's a rough jobs but it's easy to follow work together as team, there a lot of Process (waste garbage), however health and safety is important for company and for employee. At the end, some Process are worth some reward.
Pros
15 mint break to 30 mint break
Cons
11 hour only Day Shift and Night Shift
Soul Draining
Garbage Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
Overworked 4 days a week. One place I would not wish on my worst enemy to work at any given time. Most times in order to complete your maps< you have to skip breaks and lunch altogether.
Excellent place to work
Commercial Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 March 2017
Great company to work for, lots of chances to advance, good atmosphere and lots of teamwork. Constant change so you are learning new things daily. Never a dull moment at WM.
not a good place to work
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2017
other employees are great to work with but to many managers trying to hold on to bonuses managing by bullying and intimidation and slight of hand tactics with pay, drivers are always to blame for everything
Pros
other drivers
Cons
long demanding hours
Terrible Gangster Bully Tactics
Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2017
Do not work there. Back stabbing bully tactics by management. Vehicles are not road worthy. Poor management. Say one thing to your face and do another. Zero cross communication. You will be another slave.
great pay and benefits
Major account manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2017
Great pay and benefits, my co-workes are great to work with, company really invests in there staff. Lots of awards to be won

Not great
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
Hi, it's money but did not enjoy. Would not go back. Coworkers were good. Management needs to improve. In the end you are just a number. Work somewhere else
All true, the review are to my thinking
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2017
This company was great to work for, unfortunately it was contract work, if I could go back, I would go there in a heartbeat..you would be happy in here
Pros
Lots of overtime if u need it, great company to work for.
Cons
When u have to switch to other line of work you don't have experience in
Alright job
Thrower/Loader (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 February 2017
Decent money if not working through a temp agency. It was a pretty decent job besides having to work in all weather conditions. It was straining at first but yolo
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Sore back
Throughly Enjoyed.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 February 2017
Was a really enjoyable job, you got to see a lot of interesting things such as raccoons and needles coming down the belts.

They had really good management systems in place, wasn't a hard job throughly enjoyed the experience. The best part about the job would be seeing the wildlife coming down the line and having to pull them off the belt before they went through the chopping blocks.
Pros
Every day was Different
Cons
Have to have a strong stomach
Amazing Training Program
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2017
The experience at this company is extensive as there is room to move through the ladders. The training is very extensive but very productive.
Pros
Training Program very extensive.
Edmonton wate managemen is a horrible place becauseof managers
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
Avoid at all cost. Trucks should not be allowed on road. I should take my pictures to Dot . Wish I could upload the pictures for you to see and reconsider your choice to join waste management Edmonton. They trip over dollars to pick up nickles.trucks are always broke down and should not be in the roadbut when you refuse they become very snake like. Stay away
Pros
The drivers are extremly easy to get along with
Cons
Awful management
fast-paced, hard work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 January 2017
very physical job. have to be able to lift up to fifty pounds. cold in the winter. great coworkers. location is out of town so its a bit of a walk without a car or bus.
Pros
friendly
Cons
cold in the winter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.