Waste Management

Waste Management Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
lack of vision
Manager of Engineering (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: i was able to work on a lot of different projects
Cons: listening to their employees
For some reason they have a problem making money. The land fill side does well, but the other division have a hard time doing this. This is mainly due to upper management not prepared/listening to what the workers are telling them. Facts do not matter to upper management. They prefer to go off feelings.
good employer
na (Current Employee), Western CanadaJuly 15, 2014
Entery level managers make a lot of the day to day decisions. It is a fast paced work environment with little room for errors or delayed decision making. Communications between departments is usually fair to good but never great.
productive work place
Line Worker (Former Employee), cambridge ,ONJuly 7, 2014
just a job that paid the bills it was hard work but the co workers were fun to be around and great team players i enjoyed making money
was a very hostile environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeJune 30, 2014
Pros: a great bunch of employees
Cons: toxic management
the team was great, management frowned on employees having fun at work, or planning things together outside of work.
it was not a supportive, learning environment.
Chill night shift, great co-workers
Material Sorter (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 25, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: long hours
Great working environment with great co-workers. Long hours with repetitive activities.
great place for people who love to push them selves
Loader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 14, 2014
it was great place to work because a normal work day is not in a specific location
good job but has changed through the years no
Roll off Driver (Current Employee), Barrie ontarioMay 14, 2014
Pros: good trucks and co workers
Cons: lousey pay and bosses
great job but with changes in sales and management the work enviorment has changed and no longer is a great place to work.
Its a busy place
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: sometime it gets very busy
I check my email in the morning and respond back
Start my daily list
Attend daily meetings
update excell what I have completed
Working with two other women was fun and we got the job done too!
Dispatch Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, Sk.April 10, 2014
Pros: staff lunches
Cons: toxic (mould) in the office environment
A typical day at work consisted of phone answering, job entering and scheduling and then dispatching to drivers. When the run sheets were finalized, they were printed and I collated and stapled them. The hardest part of the job was when we were slow, it was hard to keep busy. All the staff at the time were interesting and respectful-the most enjoyable – more... part of the job. – less
great place to work
Container Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), 550 Bowes Rd. Concord ONFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great company and team
managers are professional and helpful
always new challenges
Production Worker (Former Employee), New Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Cons: long hours
It is a learning process, always on the lookout for your co-worker and yourself safety. A typical day is like not stop work, whether it be on the production line, cleaning and shovelling debris. The morning is the hardest time, because for some reason the time drags on. We all work as a team, always helping and watching each other back. Management is – more... always on the go. The most enjoyable part of the job is where we can have a laugh and break the tension, it helps make the time past faster. Some days we all know when to start, but at the end of the day, it can end up any time after 5/6pm or more. – less
a job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not forgiving at all
Not much to say as they were very professional but not forgiving at all
Very disrespectful place to work
Recycle Truck Driver (Former Employee), West HantsJanuary 20, 2014
Decent pay and benifits but emploees are treated very poor.On a daily basis you are bullied,put down and accused of things before there is any proof.Management i feel get off on suspending and firing employees no matter what the outcome.Would never recommend Waste Management to my worse enemy.
very fast paced
Labourer (Former Employee), Walkerton onJanuary 16, 2014
yes it was a great learning exspearance and they wear all a great bunch of people
Best Place To Work
Route Manager (Former Employee), Maidstone, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: enjoyed coming to work, treated with dignity & respect
Cons: keeping up with new developments!
I started with the company in 2005, as a front line Manager, and progressed over the 7 years I was employed, to District Manager. The company sold up and left town back in 2012, but my time, overall was one of the best - very stressful at times, but the support network was second to none, and the structure and systems were light years ahead of the competition. – more... There were tough times, but I can honestly say I have nothing negative to say about this employer - fantastic family atmosphere & great safety culture. In my last 2 to 3 years at the District, I had the honour to work with a great team, and fantastic group of professional drivers & support employees & staff. I believe one of my lowest seniority employees had 10 years seniority - that speaks for itself. From the bottom to the top, your opinion counted, and regular employee surveys were carried out by external (confidential) bodies, and all findings acted upon. Where else can you find that? Also, they continually asked their customers (with surveys) what they thought about WM. If you get the call, it will be the best decision you can make .... – less
Lots of experience in different areas
Driver (Former Employee), EdmontonDecember 18, 2013
If you would like to have room to expand in a company; this is it. Waste has a lot of work available, and you can learn port-a-potties too!
The Best of the Waste
Contractor/Data Entry Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 12, 2013
Waste Management was unfortunetly a contract based position, but such a great company to work for. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, and incredibly appreciative of the work I do. It is a shame it was only for a short period of time, I would have really enjoyed to stay as an employee.
not enjoyable work
Sorter (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 18, 2013
hot, messy, undesirable
not rewarding
not much chance for full-time
Basic day to day
Commercial Sales (Current Employee), Waterloo OntarioAugust 26, 2013
Waste Management is a decent company. Work week is Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5:00
Challenging Work Environment with Opportunities for Equipment Improvement
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2013
Pros: free cofffee and tea
Cons: sometimes we have longer hours of work
The design of mechanical equipment used in waste management operations offer our team with the possibility express new ideas for equipment enhancement.
We work as a team, we are expose to the resolution of technical issues, but in general everyone cooperates for the finding of appropriate solutions.
This is a 5-day job that allows us to relax on week-ends, – more... and makes our work more enjoyable. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Waste Management

Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are – Read more

Waste Management Photos