Waste Management

1.6K reviews

Waste Management Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a good environment to work in
waste collector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
this job taught me a lot about responsibility because it started at 5am and usually ended around 8pm, the job was difficult at times but the pay was worth it and i got plenty hours.
Good Pay and work hours. good people to work with
Driver/ Operator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 17, 2015
Good pay and benefits with Monday to Friday hours and lots of support from management. Friendly staff and lots of opportunity for advancement.
Good job but repetitious.
Residential Waste Collector (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Pay/benefits
Cons: Poor management, Employment relies on contract.
Good job.Poorly managed.
Picking up recycling/organic material in Peel Region and dumping it at MiRF.
There is no room for advancement and good work not rewarded as it once was. Co workers are ok, but majority are lazy.
Productive environment with great benefits
Truck driver/Swamper (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 26, 2015
On a typical day, I would drive the truck around the city on main roads and alleyways. I pick up the recycling bins and take the recyclables and out them in the truck.
Good place to work to gain some experience, but no room for advancement
Route Mananger (Former Employee), OntarioNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Decent pay & benefits, strong safety culture
Cons: Long hours, little to no support from area management.
Great company culture, with extra emphasis on employee safety. Area management doesn't support local management team when it's needed the most. Hours are long, and sometime expectations on employees are far too much for the yearly salary. Employee advancement seems to be gauged on popularity rather than on performance.
Productive and not good office space, too crowded
Sales Coordinator&Construction Services Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Work hours
To stand up to my commitment a typical day can go by like I have been there just for 4 or 5 hours, have to answer the phone queue and action customers requests as I am completing other e-mail requests at the same time from sales reps and other customers. Learned new systems. Management needs more improvement. The hardest part of the job is no appreciation or motivation on what you work hard and complete in timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of the customer when they end up in my line. Standing up to my commitment I gave the employer by completing my tasks in timely manners.
driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
Best job every, my biggest regret is that i quit trying to get back on now. great hours great pay, awesome work out. Its alot of work but it sperates the boys from the men!!
Learning new things about waste
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Free Pizia every other week
Cons: Aternoon shift till 6 pm
Started when the flood of 2013 was just happening, they brought me in for maternity coverage, with a chance of a permanent position.

After the crisis they decided to move all the route data entry to Edmonton office.

my co-workers were fun and willing to train me on which ever system that was needed to be used.
Fun but hard place to work
Revenue Management Centre Liaison (Former Employee), WaterlooSeptember 28, 2015
WM always asked for the most you could give, and then a little bit more. It was hard. But the people I worked with were great so that balanced it all out. And the pay was pretty good. Really hard to move around the company though.
Great employees
Account Manager- Small and Medium Business (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: salary and benefits
Fun to work with the employees. easy to relate to. Management unaware of what is happening on floor. Agents need more training and coaching on sales objectives and to meet sales quotas..
Productive work, never get bored
General Labour- Garbage truck helper (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: breaks whenever needed
Cons: some drivers
being a garbage truck helper at waste management was great, because of the hours available to me. this company provided water, assistance and gloves when need. The completion of map was a task, every worker was willing to achieve.
GREAT COMPANY
Sanitation Engineer/Driver Trainer/Truck Driver (Former Employee), MELBOURNE FLSeptember 18, 2015
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. WELL ORGANIZED AND STRUCTURED COMPANY.Great benifits ,proper work tools top of the line safety policies.
Job security
DZ Truck Driver (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no holidays off
Waste Management is a great place to work with lots of hours and overtime and the staff is easy to get along with. I am just looking for something with the ability to work from home.
waste management
Garbage Helper (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: lunch anywhere
Cons: working by myself cause i didnt have the license to drive the truck
honestly i enjoyed waste management even though i was a helper i felt like the job would of been even more enjoyable if i was an actually employee there.
Great Company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2015
Excellent training. Nice employee engagement. Overall fair company with clearly defined policies. Wastemanagement has nice staff and fair practices.
Very enjoyable different jobs done every day
Office Manager/Administration (Former Employee), Carp, OntarioAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Lunches, Functions and travel to other sites
Cons: None
Working at the landfill was very interesting and you learned about the environment and the daily things going on
Management was very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and helpful
Co-worker were very helpful, personable and nice
It was an enjoyable job because you did different things everyday and had the opportunity to learn
Very dynamic industry
Major Account Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 3, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Long hours
The thing I love about working at Waste Management is the people. I feel supported and appreciated by my manager and my team. I love working with customers and problem solving to find the right solution for their needs. I love to learn about the industry and how the changing dynamics of our business impacts our clients. Change is a constant at Waste Management and although I thrive on this change, I too am looking for a career change, in order to apply my skills and learn new things, after working 20 years successfully with this company.
enjoyable to work for
Driver (Former Employee), Longueuil, QCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: hourly rate, work benefits
Cons: none
Management takes very good care of their employees, very supportive and understanding. A family oriented company, The drivers are very important to them, we are not just a number.
Fun working environment with great management
Driver (Current Employee), WaterlooJune 24, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits, work environment
Cons: Physical, rain or shine work outside
Great company to work for with great benefits. Drivers get compensated well. The job in itself is incredibly physical but rewarding at the end of the day.
FAST PACE
Driver (Former Employee), Gatineau QJune 22, 2015
Pros: always have a job because of the need of service
Cons: long hours regardless of weather
routine daily house to house pick ups of garbage and compost.

following complex policies for no cross contamination.
good sense of achievement after passing by realizing its now clean.
Headquarters