Waste Management
1,260 reviews

Waste Management Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The Money is good but the hours are bad
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Best Commissions in Waste (this year)
Cons: Too much paperwork
I do not wish to identify with this company.

If you apply here I wish you good luck.

Day starts at 7:30 ends at 5
I learned paperwork is very important
Management's is fine
Co-workers are great
Hardest part is all the backup
Most enjoyable is going home and getting paid
the staff
lead maintenance technician (Current Employee), Petrolia, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: good wages and benefits...good guys to work with
Cons: afternoon shift
Small staff at our site.. So generally everyone works well together.
In the maintenance shop there is just two of us.... we have lots in common so we are very compatible in our work and personal life
and learn for each other
able to make money... if you can get a shift
loader (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: 4 day weeks
Cons: pay is not worth the work
lets start of by saying I haven't quit because I haven't found a new job. the job can get hard on the body. some of the people you work with are nice others.. not so much. defiantly not worth the pay. long hard days no matter what weather for basically minimum wage. I don't know about all agencies but the one im with is horrible. They take forever to reply back to you IF they do. constant mishaps over scheduling and payment. lied about pay increases and being hired on. TO ALL LOADERS WHATEVER AN AGENCY SAYS YOU WILL NOT MAKE OVER 13/HR AND WASTE MANAGEMENT WILL NOT I REPEAT WILL NOT HIRE YOU ON. During busy season its easy to make 600 in four days if you are willing to put in the hours. But as of now I am LUCKY to get 2 shift a week. it is march. This is from personal experience cut my agency out and it would be 10000000000x better of an experience
good place to work
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee), brampton onMarch 11, 2015
a good place to work, good benefits, work environment. Managers were helpful. allow you to work independently. friendly and professional co-workers.
Pathetic
Route Manager, Brampton (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free gasoline
Cons: everything except the free gasoline
Destroys your life and mood. Leadership there is pathetic and has the mindset of accepting failure and generally being a bunch of jerks. I recommend this to someone if they would like to destroy their life.
good company to work for and good benifit.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), bramptonFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: depends
good company to work for but the customers are very difficult to deal with but u just have to know that some people cant be change.
Great place to work people and other departments were very friendly
Client Care Representative / Account Manager (Former Employee), BramptonFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: worked on a waste landfill smelled very bad in the summer
Utilize InfoPro to schedule pick's for Commercial Customers and called Potential clients for quotes and question surrounding obtaining new business.
Hard work and long hours
DZ - Urban Waste Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
What can you say ....
You drive a truck and throw garbage into it.
The work is hard physically and you are out in all kinds of weather.
But ....
You are out on your own, in your own truck.
The boss is not on your case unless you are slow.
You are out getting exercise and fresh air.
The pay is decent.
I enjoyed working for this company.
Not a very great place to work at
Waste Sorter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: long hours, a boss that didn't care about her employees
Working at Quality 1 Training in Edmonton Alberta was I would have to say the worst experience ever. The main boss does not care if anyone gets hurt, if you got hurt it was to bad you still had to work....Blood could have been coming out of your head she would still make you work (I'm not even kidding)....I will never go back there again and if anyone ever asks me about the place I will be honest and tell them the truth about the place....
fast paced fun group of co-workers
Residential Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: lots of mentoring
Cons: long hours not much extra time
pre/post trip about an hour at yard. head to route start your maps and get done to help fellow employees asap.
Good job to gain experience
Route Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: working anywhere between 50-60 hours in 4 days
A typical day at work... there really isn't a typical day. Your work hours range anywhere between 12-16 hours a day. Granted, it's only a 4 day work week, but there a lots of long and stressful days. This I think was the hardest part of the job, being able to find work/life balance; it just doesn't happen. The best part about the job are the people I work with. Everyone there is very supportive and are willing to lend a helping hand.
Very demanding but new American management do not care about the people that work for them.
Night Supervisor and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
Pros: something new everyday
Cons: management shows no appreciation for staff unless you kiss their buts and worship them.
maintain recycling plant machinery and equipment. design and fabricate tools and equipment to help improve production.
public service
Baler/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), trenton, ontarioNovember 5, 2014
It was not a terrible job to have, however management would ignore employee needs in such a manner as to barrage arrogance to their fellow employee.
awsome place to work
Route Manager (Former Employee), edmontonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: lots employee celebrations
Cons: american company
nothing bad to say everything provided to do job coworkers were excellant
fast paced environment with good pay and benefits
maintenance manager/night shift foreman (Former Employee), AlbertaOctober 6, 2014
Typical day included daily maintenance planning, toolbox meeting and launching mechanics in their respective tasks. communicate with operations and their daily needs and integrate into nightly plan. Continued with parts ordering and receiving or previously ordered parts. Inspect and advise mechanics on their current and ongoing jobs. resume personal jobs while staying fluid to advise and help with ongoing jobs throughout the shop. finish night off with updating operations on availability of units.
Very well managed.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: i learned while i worked.
Cons: healthcare and benefits.
I learned a lot of work skills at this job and still use them to this day.
The only constant is change.
Analyst (Sales & Marketing) (Current Employee), Ontario, CanadaAugust 26, 2014
Company always seems to be in flux and reorgs are commonplace. No job security.
Management and team moral needs improving
Dispatcher II (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 7, 2014
Cons: long hours
Although the perks of this employer is great (pay, benefits, RRSP's, etc.) the work environment itself, is very negative. Employees do not receive enough or any positive feedback from their management / supervisor team. Will receive the amount of work for 4 dispatchers as opposed to 1. Coverage of areas are constantly changing. In less then 1 month, 4 people quit and were not replaced. Always short staffed.
Asking for shift changes and being told when once becomes available you will receive it, after 2 years and few new people being hired with the shift you wanted, having to use vacation days for doctor appointments (shift was 9-6, was very difficult to make appointments when needed).
good employer
na (Current Employee), Western CanadaJuly 15, 2014
Entery level managers make a lot of the day to day decisions. It is a fast paced work environment with little room for errors or delayed decision making. Communications between departments is usually fair to good but never great.
was a fun work enviroment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, gift cards
start my shift a 7am. Made sure all drivers had their routes in order for their day. 8am started making my call out to drivers for same day service this had to be done before 10am. also at this time would take calls from drivers who had blocked bins and phone the customer to have whatever was blocking bin removed.then would start planning for next day route for drivers.

1 2 3 4

About Waste Management

Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are – Read more

Waste Management Photos

WM employees love engaging with and giving back to the communities they service.
A helper operating safely on the back of a residential truck in Southeast Texas
Drivers gather for a morning safety meeting. Safety is a core value with zero compromise at WM.