WASTE CONNECTIONS OF CANADA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Constant fear for your job
Roll-off Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 October 2017
The bad:
If you want no work life balance, constant lies, forced to work every Saturday even though their add says otherwise, poor management and even worse mechanics this is the perfect place for you. The most enjoyable part of the job is every Thursday when you get your pay. I honestly wish I could say this is a great place to work but management is just so obsolete that issues don't get fixed.The job itself isn't actually bad. There is a constant fear of losing your job. When you write things up you get laughed at like its a joke. For a company that thrives on safety they sure do take many short cuts.
Company makes you feel bad for taking your breaks. Union is obsolete so if you enjoy giving then $70 a month for little or no return apply now. I could go on for days.

The good;
Pay and Benefits ( See the issue here)
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor Everything
Its a job
Truck mechanic apprentice (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 September 2017
Bad work hours, poor atmosphere, Tension between drivers and mechanics. Its a garbage company.. Management doesnt care about employees... I've seen assaults in the shop and when brought to management the response was "he's an old man, what am I to do"
keep looking
MRF Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 May 2017
not really anything good to say, the benefits are good..other than that don't waste your time here, there is almost no work life balance, they expect you to come in on days off and work till your sick while most of the other staff do basically nothing. don't even ask about management
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
Working in a busy, fast paced office taking over 100 calls a day today between two customer service representatives. Lots of data entry of new business contracts, existing accounts such as service changes and renewals. Pricing out leads that come in online or over the phone for new permanent business or temporary bin rental sales. Great management, no micro managing. I really enjoy being able to put my sales knowledge to use when customers call inquiring about new business or looking for price changes and or retention calls. I always do my best to close the call rather then transferring to an account representative.
Rebuilding a stronger core
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2017
If the company can rebuild it's office structure, it will make them a force to be reckoned with.

Internal staffing issues have prevented the company from shining has they once have. With key management in place, the company should be able to rebuild for a stronger core.
Pros
Strong pay structure
Cons
Still rebuilding from weak morale