Media Relations/Marketing Coordinator- Summer Position- 13 weeks (35-40 hours per week)
The Media Relations/Marketing Coordinator will have a comprehensive understanding of new media/marketing with experience in social media and traditional media vehicles. This individual is responsible for shaping, facilitating and implementing the tactics in the annual marketing plan approved by the marketing committee and Board of Directors. The Media Relations/Marketing Coordinator will plan and execute well thought out plans of action for implementation for members of the WWR. This includes in assisting the Executive Director in administering the marketing strategic plan, in context of the organization’s overall business goals and strategies.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Works with Marketing & Sales Manager on media relations, travel trade tour coordination, building the groups marketing strategy and microsite and managing the photography and video assets online with the appropriate software.
- Will update member content on the WWRsask.com site, ensuring all members’ events and specials are featured monthly and will be trained in content management software to do so.
- Will assist in gathering research on group function capability of members for meeting planners and travel trade/group requests, along with unique story ideas of the area for the media microsite
- Will advise and help execute the group marketing strategy, measurements and reports.
- Help deliver all marketing activity/programs within agreed to marketing operations budget
- Assist with third party vendors and contractors, such as photographers, journalists and travel operators
Skills and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive understanding of new media with experience in blending with traditional media campaigns.
- Tourism marketing experience is an asset
- Direct /hands on experience with social / new media
- Proven marketing skills and background
- Experience with sales an asset
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Organized, work independently, results driven and team oriented
- Public relations experience an asset
- Project management skills and experience
- Must be a full-time student in 2013/14 and returning to school in 2014
Indeed - 7 months ago
As a relatively new Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) in Saskatchewan, the Waskesiu Wilderness Region was formed in 2009 by proactive...