Warren Transport Employee Reviews

inspector/mechanic
mechanic (Former Employee) –  waterloo iowa27 July 2015
It was a good reliable job and always would help out when needed. The hour rate and the profit sharing was good. The health insurance was bad. The management could use some work.
Pros
401k/profit sharing and hours
Cons
management
Good work place
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Belgrade, MT15 April 2015
Need to have more full time , also they do allot of hazmat and do not abide by the laws in hauling the material. Co worker were fun . I was burnd by product thru my skin that they said was none hazmat
Pros
work alone
Cons
not enough work
good manager at Rapid City Terminal
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Billings, MT/Rapid City, SD24 February 2015
Management at Rapid City Terminal good, other drivers friendly, long days,older equipment, assist with truck repairs, load loads, home most nights
good Company
Dispatcher/ Administrative Assistant/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Williston, ND26 November 2014
Great Company to work for, really nice people, lots of great benefits.
Pros
Monthly company dinners, BBQ's in summer
Cons
Grew too big to quickly
Not your fathers Warren
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IA19 July 2014
I was leased to Warren twice in my career. Once from 1985-1990 and again 2008-2009 and boy had they changed. I worked on both the Van and Flatbed (or Machinery) fleets. The number of loads offered or just simply available ( flatbed division ) was very disappointing. In the 80's you could easily have a choose of 10-15 loads at anytime. My last time with them (2008) you were lucky if you had 2 if any. Many times I sat for days waiting on anything to come up. I switched to the Van Division and it wasn't any better. They had plenty of loads going south to Laredo but then you could sit there for up two weeks before you got a load heading back north. And as one other reviewer stated it seem like management could care less. Like I said it was not the same company I grew up hearing about or the one I leased with in the late 80's.
Pros
Freedom to pick or pass on loads, good support staff on oversize load permits, recognized for safe driving with awards
Cons
Few loads away except for near home office (Machinery), Seemingly uncaring Management, too much time laid over between loads.
First rate company with good trucks kept in good repair, reasonable working environment,
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Belgrade, MT3 June 2014
This job was difficult but rewarding in many ways, there was a lot of personal responsibility involved and the hours were long. The sense of being "on-call" instead of set hours was hard to adjust to but the pay was reasonable and management did a good job of keeping drivers safe and working consistently.
Pros
Exciting, interesting, valuable experience
Cons
odd hours, long wait times, various hardships
Not a good place
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IA15 July 2013
All I can say is this was not a good job for a owner/operator.Management did not care if I was loaded, they kept the company truck's moving I could set for more than a week waiting to get a load.
time to move on
driver (Current Employee) –  Williston, ND16 December 2012
new company takeover i do not like the way new managment is doing for this division i do think they could be making a lot more money than they are
Wonderful place Great people
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IA15 September 2012
I worked for Warren Transport for 13 years. I was farmed out to John Deere and I loved it. I left Warren to pursue another job in Cedar Rapids and to have a fresh start after my divorce

2.9