Warehouse One Employee Reviews

warehouse one
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2017
well, I was at warehouse one, I worked in the back unpacking the clothing, and then putting the items on the hangers, I got an hour break, well I was there the other coworker liked me.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
cold in store
First job with amazing results
Acting Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC27 August 2017
Warehouse One was my first real job experience at the age of 15. I started as a sales associate and was given the opportunity to progress with opening and closing duties. I was about to be promoted to Senior Sales when we got word that the store was closing down. This job taught me how to handle a lot of responsibility at a young age as well as spawned my love for making every customer happy.
not fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2017
workplace is unprofessional and management is laughable. it's not fun and for a male in this workplace, it is vary controversial and they are willing to hire almost anyone regardless if they have the skills to be in a retail setting
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
management is laughable and vary unprofessional
was a good company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 August 2017
Warehouse one, had some great people, with next to no conflict between us. our managers were respectable but pushy. i was in high school and they were not considerate of my school hours and homework time.
Pros
split breaks
2 thumbs down
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2017
I had a terrible boss when I worked at warehouse one. The staff was awful and so was the pay. staff had zero respect for anyone walking through and training was horrid.
Not the greatest
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB22 June 2017
Store manager was wonderful, we got along great. However, the head office management was not very productive and didn't seem to care about the staff. I had some personal issues and i felt as though I had been looked down upon. I ended up being full time key holder, and I lost hours, my full time hours had been given to a part time employee who had only been there a short time, and I feel it was because I needed to take some personal time (which had been discussed in advance). If they wanted to take my hours, they should have informed me first.
Cons
Unfair treatment
worked there a long time ago
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
i worked at warehouse one over 7 years ago, so i do not remember too much about it. I loved getting discounts on clothes and the management was amazing
Amazing Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB23 May 2017
Wonderful place to work!! Great employee discount. Could pay higher for Assistant Manager. Great management team! I would work there again in a heart beat.. although all I wanted to do was buy the clothes..
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Can be slow at times.
Boring
Sales Associate-part-time, Nov (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT15 May 2017
It is a boring place to work i always fixed clothes, and unloaded stock, and cleaned for very low pay. when customers came in I helped them if needed,
good place to work but not payed enough
Sales Associate/ Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB23 April 2017
it was a good place to work with nice people. But did not pay you enough for what the job asks for. Must change store around once a month, meet sales goals, clean store, and wear clothes from the store.
Fun work place
Stocker/Cashier, cleaner (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB17 April 2017
I went in from 9-3, I cleaned, mopped, stocked shelves, dusted shelves, folded clothes, made sure everything was in order. They had helpful staff. There wasn't anything hard about the job, the most enjoyable part was the staff I was working with, great bunch.
Pros
Money
Cons
long hours standing around
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB12 March 2017
loved the job just moved away and needed to start a new job. hated people being upset over nothing and them taking their bad day out on you. not very good money either.
young and fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB10 February 2017
helping customers with any of their needs, inventory, till reconciliation. delivery truck order days. hardest part was how slow we were. the best part was it really brought me outtamy shell the girls were great
Pros
listen to music
Cons
hours too short
typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 December 2016
a typical day at work is helping customers find their perfect pair of jeans or gift at this time of year. I have learned patience and gained lots of communication skills throughout the years in retail.
warehouse one
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 December 2016
Warehouse One is a great place to work, the staff is friendly and can help you find what you are looking for. The hardest part of the job was standing for 7.5 hours and angry customers.
Pros
discount
Awful place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 November 2016
The management at warehouse one was catty, unprofessional, vindictive and totally not worth the minimum wage job.

Management went out of their way to ensure you failed. I've never worked at a place with such a high turnover rate.

The manager was a tattooed drunk who was obviously on hard drugs 90% of the time. She always picked her "victim" to make their job a nightmare. Unwarranted disciplining, writeups, and calls to "not show up today".
You'd be scheduled 20hrs a week and only end up working 3hrs a week due to the calls that she doesn't need you to come in, or that she has plans so she's closing the store early.

Honestly, for a minimum wage job, it's not worth the headache of working for that witch of woman.
Pros
50% discount
Productive and fun
SUPERVISOR/KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB6 November 2016
Very good place to work,staff are great and love the customers. Scheduling is always fair and if and need time off the manager will always try her best to accomodate the best she can
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
rate of pay
Warehouse One
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB3 October 2016
decent management, could use improvement. Decent ability to advance, but lazy management. DM needs to make time to come train Assistant Manager/Manager. Bare minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible, Potential for lots of hours
Cons
High turnover rate since it's retail, which causes a lot of issues with the store.
Not what it says it is
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitoba2 October 2016
Awful workplace. Bad management. Horrible pay. Very condescending. No room to move up in the company unless you are favored for personal reasons. Discount is good though and the work environment is nice
Pros
Good discount, flexiable schedule.
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manitoba21 August 2016
Overall it is a good company to work for, everyone is really friendly and really easy to get along with. I have made a lot of friends, the employee discount is nice as well.