Warehouse One Employee Reviews

Not the greatest
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB22 June 2017
Store manager was wonderful, we got along great. However, the head office management was not very productive and didn't seem to care about the staff. I had some personal issues and i felt as though I had been looked down upon. I ended up being full time key holder, and I lost hours, my full time hours had been given to a part time employee who had only been there a short time, and I feel it was because I needed to take some personal time (which had been discussed in advance). If they wanted to take my hours, they should have informed me first.
Cons
Unfair treatment
worked there a long time ago
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
i worked at warehouse one over 7 years ago, so i do not remember too much about it. I loved getting discounts on clothes and the management was amazing
Amazing Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB23 May 2017
Wonderful place to work!! Great employee discount. Could pay higher for Assistant Manager. Great management team! I would work there again in a heart beat.. although all I wanted to do was buy the clothes..
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Can be slow at times.
Boring
Sales Associate-part-time, Nov (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT15 May 2017
It is a boring place to work i always fixed clothes, and unloaded stock, and cleaned for very low pay. when customers came in I helped them if needed,
Fun work place
Stocker/Cashier, cleaner (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB17 April 2017
I went in from 9-3, I cleaned, mopped, stocked shelves, dusted shelves, folded clothes, made sure everything was in order. They had helpful staff. There wasn't anything hard about the job, the most enjoyable part was the staff I was working with, great bunch.
Pros
Money
Cons
long hours standing around
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB12 March 2017
loved the job just moved away and needed to start a new job. hated people being upset over nothing and them taking their bad day out on you. not very good money either.
young and fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB10 February 2017
helping customers with any of their needs, inventory, till reconciliation. delivery truck order days. hardest part was how slow we were. the best part was it really brought me outtamy shell the girls were great
Pros
listen to music
Cons
hours too short
typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 December 2016
a typical day at work is helping customers find their perfect pair of jeans or gift at this time of year. I have learned patience and gained lots of communication skills throughout the years in retail.
warehouse one
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 December 2016
Warehouse One is a great place to work, the staff is friendly and can help you find what you are looking for. The hardest part of the job was standing for 7.5 hours and angry customers.
Pros
discount
Awful place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 November 2016
The management at warehouse one was catty, unprofessional, vindictive and totally not worth the minimum wage job.

Management went out of their way to ensure you failed. I've never worked at a place with such a high turnover rate.

The manager was a tattooed drunk who was obviously on hard drugs 90% of the time. She always picked her "victim" to make their job a nightmare. Unwarranted disciplining, writeups, and calls to "not show up today".
You'd be scheduled 20hrs a week and only end up working 3hrs a week due to the calls that she doesn't need you to come in, or that she has plans so she's closing the store early.

Honestly, for a minimum wage job, it's not worth the headache of working for that witch of woman.
Pros
50% discount
Productive and fun
SUPERVISOR/KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB6 November 2016
Very good place to work,staff are great and love the customers. Scheduling is always fair and if and need time off the manager will always try her best to accomodate the best she can
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
rate of pay
Warehouse One
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB3 October 2016
decent management, could use improvement. Decent ability to advance, but lazy management. DM needs to make time to come train Assistant Manager/Manager. Bare minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible, Potential for lots of hours
Cons
High turnover rate since it's retail, which causes a lot of issues with the store.
Not what it says it is
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitoba2 October 2016
Awful workplace. Bad management. Horrible pay. Very condescending. No room to move up in the company unless you are favored for personal reasons. Discount is good though and the work environment is nice
Pros
Good discount, flexiable schedule.
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manitoba21 August 2016
Overall it is a good company to work for, everyone is really friendly and really easy to get along with. I have made a lot of friends, the employee discount is nice as well.
stable work place
Full-Time Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
There as always something to do.
I learned a lot about how jeans fit with different shapes and sizes of women and men.
Management has very little communication
great co workers.
hardest part was when we didn't have a manger and had to learn thing which were not part of my position
Love helping people find the right sizes
Pros
great co workers
Cons
changing management often
Management isn't Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ON23 March 2016
When you get hired on as a Manager at WH1 you are not in charge of anything except working a lot with no flexibility for not so great pay. I found I was not responsible for running a store but instead was just a puppet for upper Management who dictates every little thing for you. This is not a position for someone whom believes they will actually be in charge of running and operating a store. I had previously worked as an employee in high school and enjoyed this experience much more.
Pros
get to work around clothes all day
Cons
long hours, not enough pay & dictation
Good part-time job for high school students
Sales/ customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON1 March 2016
- A good working environment
- You are able to enhance your team membership skills
- Being able to help customers feel confident is the best part of the job
Fun and exciting workplace with good management
part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 January 2016
Trained me well, I felt like I fit in, well organized, management knew what they were doing, taught me a lot about clothing, very mature and well trained co-workers, loved the look of the store, fun place all around.
Pros
Paid breaks, advancement within the job, discounts
Cons
No wifi, sketchy location for the store
never a boring day
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC12 January 2016
co workers fun and exciting to work with, able to help customers find that right outfit and happy leaving with that one outfit they never thought they would find.
Pros
discount
Cons
high turn over of managers coming and going
Best Job Ever
Full Time store manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. They provided me amazing training, and lots of opportunities to climb the ladder. You really felt like a valued employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warehouse One. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9