Warehouse One Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 November 2016
The management at warehouse one was catty, unprofessional, vindictive and totally not worth the minimum wage job.

Management went out of their way to ensure you failed. I've never worked at a place with such a high turnover rate.

The manager was a tattooed drunk who was obviously on hard drugs 90% of the time. She always picked her "victim" to make their job a nightmare. Unwarranted disciplining, writeups, and calls to "not show up today".
You'd be scheduled 20hrs a week and only end up working 3hrs a week due to the calls that she doesn't need you to come in, or that she has plans so she's closing the store early.

Honestly, for a minimum wage job, it's not worth the headache of working for that witch of woman.
Pros
50% discount
Warehouse One
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB3 October 2016
decent management, could use improvement. Decent ability to advance, but lazy management. DM needs to make time to come train Assistant Manager/Manager. Bare minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible, Potential for lots of hours
Cons
High turnover rate since it's retail, which causes a lot of issues with the store.
Management isn't Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ON23 March 2016
When you get hired on as a Manager at WH1 you are not in charge of anything except working a lot with no flexibility for not so great pay. I found I was not responsible for running a store but instead was just a puppet for upper Management who dictates every little thing for you. This is not a position for someone whom believes they will actually be in charge of running and operating a store. I had previously worked as an employee in high school and enjoyed this experience much more.
Pros
get to work around clothes all day
Cons
long hours, not enough pay & dictation
Not what it says it is
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitoba2 October 2016
Awful workplace. Bad management. Horrible pay. Very condescending. No room to move up in the company unless you are favored for personal reasons. Discount is good though and the work environment is nice
Pros
Good discount, flexiable schedule.
Productive and fun
SUPERVISOR/KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB6 November 2016
Very good place to work,staff are great and love the customers. Scheduling is always fair and if and need time off the manager will always try her best to accomodate the best she can
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
rate of pay
typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 December 2016
a typical day at work is helping customers find their perfect pair of jeans or gift at this time of year. I have learned patience and gained lots of communication skills throughout the years in retail.
warehouse one
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 December 2016
Warehouse One is a great place to work, the staff is friendly and can help you find what you are looking for. The hardest part of the job was standing for 7.5 hours and angry customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
Fun and exciting workplace with good management
part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 January 2016
Trained me well, I felt like I fit in, well organized, management knew what they were doing, taught me a lot about clothing, very mature and well trained co-workers, loved the look of the store, fun place all around.
Pros
Paid breaks, advancement within the job, discounts
Cons
No wifi, sketchy location for the store
stable work place
Full-Time Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
There as always something to do.
I learned a lot about how jeans fit with different shapes and sizes of women and men.
Management has very little communication
great co workers.
hardest part was when we didn't have a manger and had to learn thing which were not part of my position
Love helping people find the right sizes
Pros
great co workers
Cons
changing management often
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manitoba21 August 2016
Overall it is a good company to work for, everyone is really friendly and really easy to get along with. I have made a lot of friends, the employee discount is nice as well.
High energy workplace with flexibility and a great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC4 October 2013
At Warehouse One I really enjoyed the hands-on, personal aspects of dealing with customers. I liked learning their personalities and meeting their challenges as well. I had a management team that was very supportive of all staff members needs and were also willing to teach me everything that I wanted to learn.

The hardest part of this job was not being able to move up to management even though I had the training to do it. Learning the roles of management and appreciating what needs to be done to run a successful team really helped me as a supervisor; I was able to look at all situations from multiple points of view in regards to customers as well as my co-workers.

I worked with a variety of people that all offered something unique and made every day different. We all felt very comfortable approaching each other if we had an issue that needed to be resolved and because of this constructive criticism was never taken the wrong way; We all helped each other be our best selves at work.
Pros
Social atmosphere, Fashion, Employee discount, Flexibility, Benefits
Cons
Wage, Lack of hours, Opportunity for advancement
Not impressed with the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB17 December 2014
My sales abilities exceeded their expectations, in turn they failed to maintain a idealistic career opportunity. They have the "Wal-mart" mentality in a very diverse fashion industry. I am a forward thinker and a confident leader, I was promoted to management very quickly within the location. I had a 0% staff turn-over and a substantial sales increase. Unfortunately, the company finds ways to save costs at the expense of the staff. I not only boy-cot the company, I suggest other clothing retail options to consumers.
Pros
Discounted low-quality clothing
Cons
A poor example to future sales associates
Amazing Coworkers
Part-time key holder (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC1 October 2014
My experience with warehouse one was amazing, between the fantastic coworkers and the overall atmosphere of the store I never dreaded going to work like I had at many other jobs. The management was friendly and always introduced new contests and activities to really keep you motivated and in a great mood. Overall I made great friends and had some great times working there and would do it all over again.
Pros
Paid lunch, scholarship program, %50 discount
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Interesting and Comfortable Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 November 2013
Warehouse One was a very interesting place to work as a Sales Associate. They were very much about a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and wanted to make sure the customer felt comfortable and good about what they were wearing. Warehouse one had a belief that a customer would feel more comfortable if you had a professional honesty in regards to what they wore. The company looked after it's employees and had monthly meetings to discuss any problems or issues with staff or even issues with the new sales and such. They made it a point to have weekly checklists and tried to keep their employees engaged as much as possible. I enjoyed working there, and had a positive experience all around.
Pros
flexible hours, tight sales team, strong understanding of clothing styles and fits
Cons
erratic management, changes in staff frequently
A day at work
Part time key holder, Full time worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 August 2014
A typical day of work, would be going too the store, unlocking the door, going out back too put my stuff away for the day.. and then I would proceed out too the tills/safe too set it all up for the day. after that was done, I switched on the open sign and started my day. Welcoming customers, gathering clothes and starting changing rooms as well as cleaning them out, working till. Management at my store was pretty laid back and we all took turns and did our fair share, I got along with all my co-workers and superiors. Loved working at Warehouse One !
Good part-time job for high school students
Sales/ customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON1 March 2016
- A good working environment
- You are able to enhance your team membership skills
- Being able to help customers feel confident is the best part of the job
I love my job, but not the company/management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2015
- typical shift consists of constant and personal communication with the public
- coworkers help create a personable and fun work environment!
- the hardest part of the job is minimum employee benefits and standards
- best part of the job is the close communication with the public
Pros
hands-on work, independence in approach to selling
Cons
Not enough hours, minimum benefits
Productive, Friendly and comfortable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba14 August 2013
working at warehouse one was overall a great experience it taught me many new things that i didnt learn at my other jobs such as, closing tills and learning how to work a more advanced computer program for such. The management and employees at warehouse one were nothing but friendly to me as far as making me feel comfortable in thier facility and ensuring that i was informed and guided through every step of my training until i was able to complete such tasks on my own.
Pros
Shifts were convient
Cons
Store Location
Fantastic, energetic, reliable.
management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton7 August 2015
Working at Warehouse One was an absolute honor. It was a fun, friendly, and professional environment that gave a lot of great people great opportunities.

The upper management cared deeply about their staff, and was always trying to coach to help improve sales.
Best Job Ever
Full Time store manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. They provided me amazing training, and lots of opportunities to climb the ladder. You really felt like a valued employee.

2.9