Warehouse One Employee Reviews

stable work place
Full-Time Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
There as always something to do.
I learned a lot about how jeans fit with different shapes and sizes of women and men.
Management has very little communication
great co workers.
hardest part was when we didn't have a manger and had to learn thing which were not part of my position
Love helping people find the right sizes
Pros
great co workers
Cons
changing management often
Management isn't Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ONMarch 23, 2016
When you get hired on as a Manager at WH1 you are not in charge of anything except working a lot with no flexibility for not so great pay. I found I was not responsible for running a store but instead was just a puppet for upper Management who dictates every little thing for you. This is not a position for someone whom believes they will actually be in charge of running and operating a store. I had previously worked as an employee in high school and enjoyed this experience much more.
Pros
get to work around clothes all day
Cons
long hours, not enough pay & dictation
Fun and exciting workplace with good management
part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Trained me well, I felt like I fit in, well organized, management knew what they were doing, taught me a lot about clothing, very mature and well trained co-workers, loved the look of the store, fun place all around.
Pros
Paid breaks, advancement within the job, discounts
Cons
No wifi, sketchy location for the store
Good part-time job for high school students
Sales/ customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ONMarch 1, 2016
- A good working environment
- You are able to enhance your team membership skills
- Being able to help customers feel confident is the best part of the job
never a boring day
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BCJanuary 12, 2016
co workers fun and exciting to work with, able to help customers find that right outfit and happy leaving with that one outfit they never thought they would find.
Pros
discount
Cons
high turn over of managers coming and going
Best Job Ever
Full Time store manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. They provided me amazing training, and lots of opportunities to climb the ladder. You really felt like a valued employee.
Fun and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Selkirk, MBSeptember 11, 2015
Being around friendly staff and helping customers all day long. Not only store goals but also personal goals. Helpful managment, always available when needed. Growing opportunities within the company. Small store staff which makes it easier to get to know each other and makes the team so much stronger in sales. Get to work together on a daily basis and get to know customers.
productive and fun
Forklift Operator (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 31, 2015
working in warehouse is an amazing experience where you can learn alot of things,there are friendly co-workers, lots of activities every summer nor winter. the hardest part of the job is when some of the co workers not be able to go to work and you have to do their part or job but ofcourse we are helping each other to make it. the most enjoyable part of the job for me is everyday i enjoy it even though its tiring, but not bored.. amazing people there
Pros
free lunch
Fun place to work at
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 16, 2015
In this job I had to replace the price labels on different size t-shirts and label them to be shipped, resealed them to be sorted into boxes heading out to shipment.
Good People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 16, 2015
It was a good job,great people but sometimes there was not enough hours between everyone. being one of the only males there sure got interesting at times
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough hours
I love my job, but not the company/management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 21, 2015
- typical shift consists of constant and personal communication with the public
- coworkers help create a personable and fun work environment!
- the hardest part of the job is minimum employee benefits and standards
- best part of the job is the close communication with the public
Pros
hands-on work, independence in approach to selling
Cons
Not enough hours, minimum benefits
Fantastic, energetic, reliable.
management (Former Employee) –  EdmontonAugust 7, 2015
Working at Warehouse One was an absolute honor. It was a fun, friendly, and professional environment that gave a lot of great people great opportunities.

The upper management cared deeply about their staff, and was always trying to coach to help improve sales.
Warehouse One is an awesome place to work, thats only if you love to fold clothes all day.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCMarch 28, 2015
My typical; day at work would be like go in, punch in on the computer and after that you'd see if customers need a hand with anything, if customer did not need any help I would either move to the jean wall or go do stock and fold clothes for hours until my shift was done. When the store closed there is things for everyone todo, people would clean floors, count money, put clothes away, make things look 'Perfect'. By the end of the day after work, everyone went home, and you would have to do it again the next day.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
When manager is always rude
work summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  The Pas, MBMay 26, 2015
My experience working at warehouse one is very good because all coworkers get along well and the work setting is very welcoming, I am looking for another job just because I find this job has very little hours for myself and I am looking for a 8:30-4:30 type of work.
Pros
friends
Cons
little hours, little pay.
no room for advancement
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 22, 2015
An awesome place to shop at with fun clothing and nice people, the only down side is the management is very rude to the staff
Pros
nice clothing, awesome customers and co-workers
Cons
rude managment
Not impressed with the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABDecember 17, 2014
My sales abilities exceeded their expectations, in turn they failed to maintain a idealistic career opportunity. They have the "Wal-mart" mentality in a very diverse fashion industry. I am a forward thinker and a confident leader, I was promoted to management very quickly within the location. I had a 0% staff turn-over and a substantial sales increase. Unfortunately, the company finds ways to save costs at the expense of the staff. I not only boy-cot the company, I suggest other clothing retail options to consumers.
Pros
discounted low-quality clothing
Cons
a poor example to future sales associates
Amazing Coworkers
Part-time key holder (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCOctober 1, 2014
My experience with warehouse one was amazing, between the fantastic coworkers and the overall atmosphere of the store I never dreaded going to work like I had at many other jobs. The management was friendly and always introduced new contests and activities to really keep you motivated and in a great mood. Overall I made great friends and had some great times working there and would do it all over again.
Pros
paid lunch, scholarship program, %50 discount
Cons
long hours on your feet
A day at work
Part time key holder, Full time worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 13, 2014
A typical day of work, would be going too the store, unlocking the door, going out back too put my stuff away for the day.. and then I would proceed out too the tills/safe too set it all up for the day. after that was done, I switched on the open sign and started my day. Welcoming customers, gathering clothes and starting changing rooms as well as cleaning them out, working till. Management at my store was pretty laid back and we all took turns and did our fair share, I got along with all my co-workers and superiors. Loved working at Warehouse One !
Productive, Friendly and comfortable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 14, 2013
working at warehouse one was overall a great experience it taught me many new things that i didnt learn at my other jobs such as, closing tills and learning how to work a more advanced computer program for such. The management and employees at warehouse one were nothing but friendly to me as far as making me feel comfortable in thier facility and ensuring that i was informed and guided through every step of my training until i was able to complete such tasks on my own.
Pros
shifts were convient
Cons
store location
Interesting and Comfortable Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 19, 2013
Warehouse One was a very interesting place to work as a Sales Associate. They were very much about a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and wanted to make sure the customer felt comfortable and good about what they were wearing. Warehouse one had a belief that a customer would feel more comfortable if you had a professional honesty in regards to what they wore. The company looked after it's employees and had monthly meetings to discuss any problems or issues with staff or even issues with the new sales and such. They made it a point to have weekly checklists and tried to keep their employees engaged as much as possible. I enjoyed working there, and had a positive experience all around.
Pros
flexible hours, tight sales team, strong understanding of clothing styles and fits
Cons
erratic management, changes in staff frequently