Warehouse One Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 November 2016
The management at warehouse one was catty, unprofessional, vindictive and totally not worth the minimum wage job.

Management went out of their way to ensure you failed. I've never worked at a place with such a high turnover rate.

The manager was a tattooed drunk who was obviously on hard drugs 90% of the time. She always picked her "victim" to make their job a nightmare. Unwarranted disciplining, writeups, and calls to "not show up today".
You'd be scheduled 20hrs a week and only end up working 3hrs a week due to the calls that she doesn't need you to come in, or that she has plans so she's closing the store early.

Honestly, for a minimum wage job, it's not worth the headache of working for that witch of woman.
Pros
50% discount
Warehouse One
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB3 October 2016
decent management, could use improvement. Decent ability to advance, but lazy management. DM needs to make time to come train Assistant Manager/Manager. Bare minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible, Potential for lots of hours
Cons
High turnover rate since it's retail, which causes a lot of issues with the store.
Not what it says it is
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitoba2 October 2016
Awful workplace. Bad management. Horrible pay. Very condescending. No room to move up in the company unless you are favored for personal reasons. Discount is good though and the work environment is nice
Pros
Good discount, flexiable schedule.
Productive and fun
SUPERVISOR/KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB6 November 2016
Very good place to work,staff are great and love the customers. Scheduling is always fair and if and need time off the manager will always try her best to accomodate the best she can
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
rate of pay
stable work place
Full-Time Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
There as always something to do.
I learned a lot about how jeans fit with different shapes and sizes of women and men.
Management has very little communication
great co workers.
hardest part was when we didn't have a manger and had to learn thing which were not part of my position
Love helping people find the right sizes
Pros
great co workers
Cons
changing management often
Management isn't Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ON23 March 2016
When you get hired on as a Manager at WH1 you are not in charge of anything except working a lot with no flexibility for not so great pay. I found I was not responsible for running a store but instead was just a puppet for upper Management who dictates every little thing for you. This is not a position for someone whom believes they will actually be in charge of running and operating a store. I had previously worked as an employee in high school and enjoyed this experience much more.
Pros
get to work around clothes all day
Cons
long hours, not enough pay & dictation
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manitoba21 August 2016
Overall it is a good company to work for, everyone is really friendly and really easy to get along with. I have made a lot of friends, the employee discount is nice as well.
Fun and exciting workplace with good management
part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 January 2016
Trained me well, I felt like I fit in, well organized, management knew what they were doing, taught me a lot about clothing, very mature and well trained co-workers, loved the look of the store, fun place all around.
Pros
Paid breaks, advancement within the job, discounts
Cons
No wifi, sketchy location for the store
Good part-time job for high school students
Sales/ customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON1 March 2016
- A good working environment
- You are able to enhance your team membership skills
- Being able to help customers feel confident is the best part of the job
never a boring day
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC12 January 2016
co workers fun and exciting to work with, able to help customers find that right outfit and happy leaving with that one outfit they never thought they would find.
Pros
discount
Cons
high turn over of managers coming and going
Fun and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Selkirk, MB11 September 2015
Being around friendly staff and helping customers all day long. Not only store goals but also personal goals. Helpful managment, always available when needed. Growing opportunities within the company. Small store staff which makes it easier to get to know each other and makes the team so much stronger in sales. Get to work together on a daily basis and get to know customers.
productive and fun
Forklift Operator (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2015
working in warehouse is an amazing experience where you can learn alot of things,there are friendly co-workers, lots of activities every summer nor winter. the hardest part of the job is when some of the co workers not be able to go to work and you have to do their part or job but ofcourse we are helping each other to make it. the most enjoyable part of the job for me is everyday i enjoy it even though its tiring, but not bored.. amazing people there
Pros
free lunch
Best Job Ever
Full Time store manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. They provided me amazing training, and lots of opportunities to climb the ladder. You really felt like a valued employee.
Fun place to work at
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 December 2015
In this job I had to replace the price labels on different size t-shirts and label them to be shipped, resealed them to be sorted into boxes heading out to shipment.
Good People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 November 2015
It was a good job,great people but sometimes there was not enough hours between everyone. being one of the only males there sure got interesting at times
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough hours
I love my job, but not the company/management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2015
- typical shift consists of constant and personal communication with the public
- coworkers help create a personable and fun work environment!
- the hardest part of the job is minimum employee benefits and standards
- best part of the job is the close communication with the public
Pros
hands-on work, independence in approach to selling
Cons
Not enough hours, minimum benefits
Fantastic, energetic, reliable.
management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton7 August 2015
Working at Warehouse One was an absolute honor. It was a fun, friendly, and professional environment that gave a lot of great people great opportunities.

The upper management cared deeply about their staff, and was always trying to coach to help improve sales.
Warehouse One is an awesome place to work, thats only if you love to fold clothes all day.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC28 March 2015
My typical; day at work would be like go in, punch in on the computer and after that you'd see if customers need a hand with anything, if customer did not need any help I would either move to the jean wall or go do stock and fold clothes for hours until my shift was done. When the store closed there is things for everyone todo, people would clean floors, count money, put clothes away, make things look 'Perfect'. By the end of the day after work, everyone went home, and you would have to do it again the next day.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
When manager is always rude
work summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  The Pas, MB26 May 2015
My experience working at warehouse one is very good because all coworkers get along well and the work setting is very welcoming, I am looking for another job just because I find this job has very little hours for myself and I am looking for a 8:30-4:30 type of work.
Pros
friends
Cons
little hours, little pay.
Not impressed with the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB17 December 2014
My sales abilities exceeded their expectations, in turn they failed to maintain a idealistic career opportunity. They have the "Wal-mart" mentality in a very diverse fashion industry. I am a forward thinker and a confident leader, I was promoted to management very quickly within the location. I had a 0% staff turn-over and a substantial sales increase. Unfortunately, the company finds ways to save costs at the expense of the staff. I not only boy-cot the company, I suggest other clothing retail options to consumers.
Pros
Discounted low-quality clothing
Cons
A poor example to future sales associates

2.9