Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun Workplace Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 27, 2015
Good experience both summers that I worked here.

Developed skills in customer service and teamwork while working here.

Very good overall experience working here.
customer focused
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, OnApril 26, 2015
fast paced environment, totally customer based. I worked overnight full count inventory. I also created weekly work scheduels.
Productive and sometimes fun working with customers
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee), StouffvilleApril 26, 2015
Working here was sometimes a challenge with the less amount of staff we had sometimes and the push for master cards from managers. Co-workers are very friendly and help pass time along with most of our customers. The most enjoyable part of the job to be honest is when people let you do your tasks without any complaints or trouble. But overall its a nice place to work part time.
big box store
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, OntarioApril 26, 2015
Through the years I've worked at a few big box stores here in Canada and the U.S.. I have to say this Walmart in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario has been the best ran, most fair one I've worked at. After being gone from there for 4-5 years I still can walk in and have associated chat with me as I was still there.
Good experience
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), edmontonApril 25, 2015
I was a sales person in the electronics section. day to day i would have to clean up and make sure the customers are buying what they needed. The management there was also okay but there was always different managers in your section so your not sure who to talk to. The hardest part about the job was going to the back to try to find inventory as it as very big
An ok place to work
Customer Service Manger/ Floor Associate (Former Employee), st.catharinesApril 24, 2015
I learnt many things at walmart. i managed the front end, work electronics and paint, photo lab, fully cash trained, trained in fashion and costumer service. typical day at work on the floor was to service costumers and get out as much stock as possible. as the csm making sure my cashiers had what they needed for fast efficient service. my coo workers were great. the mangers were rude, sneaky and kept moving everyone around no one stayed in the same place for long. hardest part of my job was to please the mangers. I worked in photo lab and our passport photos weren't working or the stock wasn't order i tried to inform mangers but they had no worries about that department. i dealt with rude costumers but anything they said to me the mangers said worst. I love working with people i got along with all my co workers and i made many costumers happy.
A fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Huntsville, OntarioApril 22, 2015
Working at Walmart was great. The hours were awesome but it was hard to plan around them.
Most employees are friendly to one another and can answer most of your questions if needed.
The hardest part of the job was to keep an efficient work pace but also interact with the customers at the same time.
It was a very fun place to work.
Merchandise Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: sore feet at the end of the day
I was constantly busy on my feet for most of the day. The staff was great and they had a lot of fun working. The hardest part of the job, was finding the merchandises if they were not where they were suppose to be.
Interesting place to work at.
Accounts Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2015
Job insecurity is the major threat when working at walmart. I improved my communication skills and professional credentials overall while my stint with Walmart.
it was ok
Cart guy (Former Employee), Brockville OnApril 22, 2015
some tasks they asked you to do were unrealistic in the time frame they gave you but other than that it was a great place to work with great people ho were extremely professional and respectful
horrid
Overnight In-stock Associate (Former Employee), North Bay, ONApril 22, 2015
they work you to death. long hours with no remorse or care from your direct supervisors and coworkers are for the most part not enjoyable.
Fun Workplace
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 22, 2015
Working was always fun and well equipped. Always professional. Co workers were all friendly and welcoming. Provided discounts for the store which was beneficial.
A great place to grow and learn.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Selkirk, MBApril 21, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: understaffed
A typical day at work I manage all the cashiers and the customer service desk employees. I tend to all their inquiries, complaints, cash loans, audits and breaks. Even though I am their manager my co-workers are very friendly and we work well together. They look up to me and value my opinion and vise versa. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with unsatisfied customers. I do everything in my power to make the customer satisfied, but occasionally they are asking for something I cannot accomplish. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the people I work with. We are a big family there and we all work well together.
good place to work
Receiving Team (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 20, 2015
always great starter job, meet new people always changing, many different places to working stores always opening. really labor intensive depending where your working
Productive and very cultural place to work at
Product Developer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2015
Very fast paced company. Don't have a daily routine as there are always new goals to be accomplished by the end of the day. Have a life work balance, which is important to me and my family.
My first Job out of High School
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
This was my first job out of high school and at the time it was all i needed, not much room for advancement or growth. Great job for those starting out in the job force.
front end cashier
Cashier, Stock shelves (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 20, 2015
I was a front end cashier. stocked shelves, cleaning duties. I enjoyed my coworkers and the front end management. I really enjoy retail an would like to find another job doing the same work.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Mount Pearl, NLApril 19, 2015
Very busy environment and any employee here must be people oriented as there is a lot of people interaction - good and bad.

Great place to work.
A Tense Place to Work
Sales Associate and Over-Night Stocker (Former Employee), Vernon, BCApril 18, 2015
Pros: Staff Discount
Cons: Management
You never know when someone from will jump down your back for something you may or may not have done.
Management is never really satisfied with what you do. And, they don't care about the individual as a person, regardless of the company policies.
The only ones that go anywhere with the company are the ones that they take a total liking to.
experience was ok
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 18, 2015
Pros: easy hours
Cons: slow advancement in career
Renovation crew was good, i enjoyed work with them.
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment.
Hardest part of job was stocking the shelves.
Most enjoyable part was " I don't remember"

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more