Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,149 reviews matching the search
Good Management
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2016
Walmart has a good working culture. Opportunities to learn and grow and everyday new learning's. Walmart training material is very effective for employees.
Pros
Team work
great place
Produce/ cashier/ customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 31, 2016
Walmart is a great company, dedicated staff and management, excellent opportunity to move up in the job. I love the charities they support, and the morning meeting are neat.
Pros
great people
Cons
pay is too low
Management is horrible
Cashier Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrhaven, ONAugust 31, 2016
THe work itself is as expected, however the environment and treatment of the employees is terrible. There are a couple of assistant managers that treat the employes as nothing more than pawns. With no sense of appreciation or respect for them as a person. However they are generous with their breaks during a shift.
Always working in different places
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 31, 2016
I have worked in the warehouse, unloading trucks. I was in customer service, cashier, fashion. Folding clothes. Other departments moving product around.
Pros
good with breaks
Fun Happy place to work with family values
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 31, 2016
As a place to work in general my experience with Walmart has been a good one. That is until recently. Now I find myself looking for another place to work which will better relate to my family needs as new management that has come into that store is not very concerned about his employee's family welfare. The store I worked last at has become a very stressful environment compared to the other locations I have worked in. They do however have a worthwhile benefit package and 3 kinds of profit sharing available.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great company, advancement opportunities
Cons
Individual store managers may not identify with you
It was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 30, 2016
overall, it was good working there. They often gave us free food on our breaks. They also had an employee discount card that was very helpful. Hours were flexible
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2016
awesome. Work was fun. New experiences everyday. Management was amazing. hardest part of the job was explaining customers about discontinued products
Unfortunately disorganized most days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCAugust 30, 2016
If you've done well you get a raise every year on your hiring anniversary but unfortunately because there are so many managers they don't always have the same idea in mind of what needs to be done.
learning opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2016
In all my previous or current job there are learning opportunities. previous jobs were back home. Current job is part time helping me to achieve my career goal to go back to my health field as a MRI tech. Work environment luckily I found in my all jobs are good and good rapport with my management. nothing hard in my job. I enjoy my work at all places.
Pros
medical, bonus
Cons
retail is not my job goal
Part time for school
Accounting Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONAugust 30, 2016
Perfect place to work during school years, flexible hours, but the management does not care, and do not respect you enough.

Perfect for part time, if you only working 3 days a week.
Good balance
Assistant Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2016
Receive route nigh before. Go straight to first locations before 7am head to around 5 to 7 stores a day. Lots of driving throughout the day. Great bonuses for hitting goals not to long of work days.
good job
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 29, 2016
Walmart has good management and pay, although they give people full time hours but don't give full time benefits. Being a store standard means working outside walking around whether its freezing or burning out, but in the winter you are offered free hand warmers which is nice.
Night Shift
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONAugust 29, 2016
Start off with the whole team for the meeting then right off to work. Very fast paced and lots of heavy lifting. Co-workers are great and very friendly, willing to help if you need any assistance. Managers will do their best to understand and listen to you and your concerns.
Employee screeing for adequate position is severely lacking
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2016
First hand experience of working with people of little or no formal background in assigned position.
Having stabilithy of a position is the best advantage of the company.
Pros
very stable company, good online training
Cons
very difficult to be promoted to upper management
Wonderful boss!
OTC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 29, 2016
I had a wonderful boss who was always kind and understanding. He always made time to teach me product knowledge whenever I asked. The hours were very flexible around my full time job, staff discount was great.
Pros
Awesome Pharmacy Boss
Cons
General store management the last few years was awful!
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 28, 2016
Restocking shelves, handling all transactions, helping customers with needs. The hardest part of the job sometimes was when people use to put things in different spots and had to fix everything before closing time.
Pros
Break
Cons
Less Pay
Company that you can GROW with!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTAugust 28, 2016
I have been with Walmart since 2009. As like anything, had ups and downs, but would recommend to anyone looking to get into the retail world. Walmart offers you SO many opportunities both at store level as well as at Home Office and in other countries as well. Walmart is all about being ahead of change, and therefor as a Manager, you need to be out in front leading this change. It is a company that moves fast and likes to end up on top, therefor you need to have that same Go-Getter attitude! It is a thrill each day, and each day is completely different from the day before. Its a company that taught me all that I know about how to be the best leader and stay that way. Rah rah Walmart!
Pros
GROWTH opportunity
Cons
Turnover
A typical day at work
Walmart (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONAugust 27, 2016
I am always greeted with a smile and an how are you today. I will serve the customer politely and have a small conversation with them since we are the last person that the customer see before leaving the store so we as cashier we try our best to make it a great experience for them so they can come back since they enjoyed how we treated them.
Pros
Long Hours, Give breaks and lunches (depends what shift you have)
Cons
Feet and back hurts for standing to long on cash
Good experience
Forklift Operator / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 27, 2016
amazing place to work, on an average day i would pick merchandise and load unto trucks. i learned how to me very efficient and organised
poor work life balance, culture of having to watch your back and pretend to agree with the boss
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
Work life balance is very poor. Only get two days off together once a month. You are expected to work every long weekend. Wednesday was normal day off and yet market leader would call meetings and conference calls anyways and we were expected to attend. Worked a closing shift on Tuesdays as Store manager yet market leader would hold mandatory calls on Tuesday mornings at times and we were expected to get on it from home. On days off we were still expected to know exactly what was happening in our store. Had to be accessable by phone 24/7.
Pros
Good pay; good bonus
Cons
24/7 work mentality cause they pay us well