Walmart Employee Reviews

Productive and safe environment to wok at
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB29 September 2017
Typical work day would be start off by turning all the TV'S on in the morning and making sure that the cash registers work. If there was anything that needed to be overstocked, we would either put it in the back and bin it in the right located bins, or we would label them for inventory if that was not already done so. Simply help customers with questions, unlock doors for video games, headphones, cases, etc. Treat each customer with respect, as the customer is always first!
Pros
10% Discount at Walmart
Cons
Long hours, not very flexible
Last resort
Produce Associate/ICS (Former Employee) –  Canada28 September 2017
Last resort. Get sometimes good hours, not great work life balance. No benefits. Loyalty counts for nothing. Customers are very rude. Racism/ scape goating is rampant with in culture of company.
Unpleasant work environment with uncooperative management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB28 September 2017
Strikes would be put on record for calling in sick or not being able to come in on storm days, depending who the manager on duty was that day. Management refused to cooperate with part time employees, denied medical leave with doctors note.
fun to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2017
busy days
meeting new people
management was good
workplace was very busy all the time
was as a cashier
meeting new people made new friends
it is not organized .
Pros
nothing
Cons
hard work
fun work place and fun people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC28 September 2017
I've learned so many things here and much more to learn. I love what I do at Walmart and I love the ambiance here and its very fun working here I am pushing my self to my limits to learn more.
walmart as a whole
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC28 September 2017
it was a typical minimum wage job, nothing fantastic about it i didn't feel like there was any room to move up the morale was pretty low and i just waited till i could go to college and get a better job
Productive and Busy
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2017
Walmart is a great corporation to work for, the staff is very upbeat and is always looking for new ways to improve the company. I love helping customers and the atmosphere of helping others. The hardest part of the job is the hours, I am flexible but not enough hours are given.
excel in customer service
(Mississauga) Fashion Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2017
It's an excellent place to learn the subtle nuances of customer service and know all the aspects of retail working, helps in working as multitasker and learn to cope up with working in stress
Demanding
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC28 September 2017
Very demanding for a very low pay, especially for supervisors. Responsibilities are added to the workload constantly, but the pay never raises above 0,30 cents every year.
fast, always busy, good coworkers,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 September 2017
the CSM bullied me to the point I would shake with anxiety. she's a grown woman who started a rumor that I lied to her DO NOT RECOMMEND stay far away!
Pros
coworkers
Cons
csm was a bully
great team
Baker (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC27 September 2017
i open the bakery prep all morning baking's for daily use for public. Train new hires, help the public . I close when I need to, train for the night time closing shifts
Pros
friendly team
Cons
not enough staff
fun
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2017
- a typical day at work would be me signing in, then heading right to the front end manager to let me know what tilt i'm working in, after you're positioned, you're basically scanning & greeting customers all day & resolving issues for the customer.
Pros
great enviornment
Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 September 2017
Amazing environment
great staff
flexible scheduling
management is a bit well organized

i personally think the hardest part of the job is getting a hold of other associate in different departments
Fun to Interact with Customers
Electronics/Photo Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC26 September 2017
Although my job is to interact and help customers I rarely get the chance to because Walmart is short staffed and I tend to find myself doing another Job.
A place where people work hard to succeed as a team.
Customer Value Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 September 2017
Stock items as needed throughout the store. A fair amount of work is expected of associates. Day flies by because there is always something to on the sales floor or in the back room.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Varying Shifts
Fast pace work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 September 2017
It was a fast pace work environment which I enjoyed during rush time. For cashiers there were challenges involved to keep friendly competition to ensure positive but efficient work enviornments.
Review
Associate FT (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 September 2017
This company would get you to clock in at a time clock and preform all your daily responsibilities and gave you two fifteen minute coffee breaks a day and an hour for lunch. They had plenty of support for their employees. However, the pay was not good.
The hardest part of this job was the wages, and the lifting constantly.
also, the constant knowing that someone was always looking over your shoulder and rarely did they give you independence to work alone. Wasn't a trustworthy environment to work in..
I learned a lot of different skills that most wouldn't feel they were important but a lot of those skills were transferable to other fields.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people.
Pros
Balanced work/family time
Cons
lower pay
Walmart is alright
CSM/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC26 September 2017
They need to pay there employees better and give more opportunity for full time. And noticed the change in performancce that s are making. Understand that some people have kids and can't always work closing shifts
Made my own hours variety of work
Dept. Manager (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON26 September 2017
Paid well for time. Expectations were very clear. week and hours were flexible as long as work was done within deadlines. Served a variety of companies with a varity of jobs including evaluating displays , measuring and evaluating service with clear expectations.
Pros
Mileage, work schedule, rooms and service used as tax write off, payed for time worked
Cons
Some times not much work offered
Good workplace
Temporary Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 September 2017
A typical day at work would be clocking in at work, huddled up near the entrance of the store to listen to the news and the sales figures that each department has made over the past day.

Afterwards, all the employees are in different teams and go on their way to work. As for myself, I helped renovate the store by moving shelves and aisles with other coworkers.

The enjoyable part of the job is that its quiet and peaceful at night with music on.

The hardest part of the job is that if you dislike overnight shifts and have to readjust your sleeping, eating habits because the job was only overnight, the job may not be for you
Pros
Free ice cream on paycheck days
Cons
Could not think of one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.