Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,640 reviews matching the search
What you learned
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2016
Work in a fast paced environment and manage the high volume of load and fulfill the required task in timely manner, in simple words learn how to work like a machine (Robot) :)
Room for advancement. Plenty of hours to go around.
Lead CS Manager (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONApril 10, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time with the company, having worked for them on two separate occasions, and would go back again if given the opportunity in the back offices.
Pros
Team atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay.
work life balance is Non- existent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  kemptivilleApril 10, 2016
The Company has fantastic core beliefs but I have found they have been lost in translation at store level, hours are expected above and beyond job description. I have worked with exceptional managers that often did not receive correct recognition often very political vs, talent. Lack of job security, you no longer can feel safe knowing that you are doing a good job its based on politics
Pros
great peers
Cons
poor manager
Productive and Educational Place to work
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
Walmart's atmosphere is great, once I step foot in to the store I am 10 times happier. It makes my day. Dealing with great customer and beautiful pay rates and breaks.
Pros
Great with Break
Cons
N/A
Hard area to work in
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ONApril 9, 2016
Given much heavier load to carry than other areas in the store, expected more from the backroom employees covering other areas of the store while attending to the normal jobs.
Great shopping experience
FRONT-END STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, NSApril 9, 2016
Walmart is a workplace environment that has a great welcoming ambience for young, old, students, or parents. The workers all inject personality into their everyday customer service to make customers feel at home and welcomed.
Pros
Free WiFi
Cons
Overly crowed
Objectives are set out and met daily.
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2016
Objectives are set and different for each days. Teamwork is encouraged. The open door policy was encouraged and helped alot with feedback
Pros
Good social club
Cons
Heavy lifting
unfair to staff
Walmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONApril 8, 2016
It was a good learning experience for customer service, and cash experience, however they did not treat their staff with respect and honour their days off and preferred hours.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not respectful
very fun and productive
on floor associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSApril 8, 2016
the job is different everyday... learned hardware and now have the ability to mix paint and formulas.. hardest part of the job is its very demanding because its such a large store, but I take one customer at a time.. loved all my co workers and management were great..
Pros
very good with avalability
Cons
just not enough hours
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 8, 2016
Working at Walmart has been a great experience interacting with customers and making sure that there experience at Walmart has always been a good one while coaching the front end cashiers.
Productive and friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2016
All the managers help a lot in christmas days when work was a lot. they are co operative. Walmarts's first goal is good customer service.
Productive and consistant work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Dairy Department) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed by time with Walmart at its Belleville, ON branch. While their I was trained in matters pertaining to customer service and adherence to strict government regulations in regard to safe food handling practices.

Overall I would say my time with Walmart was a positive experience.
Pros
Profit sharing, good hours, flexible schedule, regular office events.
Cons
Customers can be unpredictable.
productive and fun place to work
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABApril 7, 2016
taught me about customer service and how to utilize the Rf scanner, taught me to carry myself a certain way in my work environment which then would help me excel in future companies to come
Pros
Mcdonalds
Cons
short breaks
fun but busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
was busy had to do lots and not much time for a break. had to deal with a lot of people had to make sure things were done right. had to cover half the store and had to get lots done in little time
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
late nights and early mornings
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABApril 6, 2016
low pay, no hours, rude co workers, management played favorites. stressfull. Customers were old cranky bitties,security always watched you every move
A complete daily stressor with little to no rewards
Walmart Canada (Newmarket) - Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 6, 2016
walmart was okay for the first year, but moving forward i was left to unload trucks by myself, maintain the backroom by myself and was expected to do the store wide maintenance when nobody was scheduled, and assist on cash and customer service, in which i i complete my actual job and was unable to assit other departments due to my own workload, i was usually told i need to do more
it is busy and time flyes
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
the store is so understafed that when work needs to be done you have a lot of work that you have to do on your own self with helping costomers and doing your own work also
productive and fun workplace with friendly faces
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABApril 6, 2016
i really enjoyed working with other people here it was fun every one was nice and i made a few friends while working there.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
some managers were rude and disrespectful
Not the best place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
Extremely hard for a first retail job. Over the top expectations, low wages. Lots of back injuries. Not to mention the abusive customers.
It was a fun and productive place to work with BEFORE.
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 5, 2016
Typical day at work is like working on a production business you need to get stuff done within the time frame.I learned is that new management new set of rules.my co-workers are great except this new co-store manager came in his treating the associates like a slave.Hardest part of the job is that you already new you've already work more than enough for day and yet they're still pushing you to do more to cover up for the short staff they have.most enjoyable is that sharing thoughts with co workers.
Pros
10% dicount
Cons
Messed Up Management