Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,981 reviews matching the search
friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 August 2017
it overall was a good experience until i hit my 2 1/2 year mark and was terminated without a cause by the new management staff, until then the hours were good and it was a fun job at the end of the night.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
new managment staff
fun place to work
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON3 August 2017
review back room for stock,
most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with a diverse group of customers and associates.
doing a job from start to finish and see the progress,
Great way to meet people, but management sucks.
Customer Service Specialist/ Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 August 2017
I have worked at Wal-mart for just over four years now. I was a photo lab associate, then I transferred stores, to which I became an electronics associate. Now I am a Customer Experience Associate.
Working at Wal-mart has taught me how to be polite to be people that are being unnecessarily rude. There is little to no room for advancement or for a raise. You're co-workers are idiots and if you're good at your job you end up doing theirs. If someone calls in sick they make no effort to replace them unless you ask them to. We're always understaffed and over-worked.

Don't work at Wal-Mart unless you have to. I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, low pay, understaffed
fast pace
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 August 2017
same routine every day, easy to get a hang of every day jobs and tasks, learnt productive strategy, friendly staff, heavy lifting, very cold, horrible managment
Pros
long breaks
Cons
managment
Easy work life, little pay
Second Shift In-stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 August 2017
I work 8 hours a day and deal with a number of terrible managers. I have been in the company for 2 years and have nothing to show for it. When few veteran members were on shift I took the mantle of responsibility and tried to hold the team together but was over-ruled by managers who have been there for less than 2 months.
Pros
%10 discounts
Cons
A number Awful Managers
Very poor management team.
Retail Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Wye Road, Sherwood Park, AB2 August 2017
A typical day at work consist of off-loading goods from trucks and palletizing them according to each department in the store.(3-4 trucks on average). One big offload 3- 4 times per week which is what I was schedule for, depending on the season. Picking stocking/picking merchandise in the back room. To me it was easy work, being in sharp and all but definitely wasn't worth what I was being paid. Most days we were under staffed which made it very difficult to have the trucks offloaded in a timely manor or you would be written up is what we were threatened with.

Poor management all in all. The most enjoyable part of the job was my 1 hour lunch break..
Friendly environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON1 August 2017
At Walmart every day was a new journey, some days were very stressful.
I enjoyed working at Walmart my only issue was working nights, as part of the management team it was mandatory.
The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with lots of people.
Job vs Career
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2017
Stability was definitely and issue and there was no room for advancement regardless of tenure with the company. i mean i want to feel happy and welcome in an environment as Walmart, not feeling like it's an obligation.
Good beginners job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON1 August 2017
A cashier position at WalMart, in my opinion, is an excellent first job. It introduced me to the workforce and I learned to communicate with people who were not my peers or friends/family members.
Enjoyable workplace tidy and unstressful
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 August 2017
I worked in the paper and good section. I had a partner that trained me and worked with me for a while. I talked to new people when they were looking for something or need a suggestion on a product. I would go to customer serves to retrieve unbought items and return it to the shelf. I like that at the end of the day work was done I went home with no stress or worries. it was an easy positon
Pros
I had fun and it was easy
Cons
it was tempery
Fun Place
Sale Associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  1000 tayler ave1 August 2017
Walmart was a really fun place for me to work at, I have made a lot of cool friends and the management was really nice and friendly to words me. It was a super good experience working for them
unbalanced workload
Fulfillment Associate/Temp Lead Unload (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2017
if you show any sign of competence at your job your workload will soon be bigger than any of your coworkers. 90% of your coworkers are idiots and do not have a good work ethic. Most managers seem lost at their job and don't know answer to basic questions that you would think a manager should know. To close this out the scheduling sucks, didn't have two days off in a row for over six months.
demanding job
Customer Service / Client Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
long hours low pay, always something to do managers are able to assist. but they are over worked to many things to be done depending on what department you are in.
Pros
10% discount
Productive, team effort
sales associate in the Electronics Dept (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON31 July 2017
Wal-mart has a great sense of team work and cooperation when it comes to duties around the store. Wal-mart has a productive, fast paced environment serving customers in a timely fashion
Place where only older people would want to work
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 July 2017
Walmart
- really boring job, only good for students
- dont feel motivated after a couple of months
- Tasks are repetitive
- Pay is low
- Lack of employees make the work harder and you start to hate it more even if its for the money
Pros
Take long lunches
Cons
Long hours, feels there isnt much to do
Walmart is a fun place to work. However, I am unable to meet all my expense requirement with minimal wages.
Accounting Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB31 July 2017
I work 630 am to 3 pm. I count and balance all the registers and compile reports for Management approval. I like working in the accounting office. I find management easy to get along with and they are helpful with making my job fun.
Pros
Full time week days only.
Cons
Low pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB31 July 2017
is a great place to work, got along with all my co-workers and management,the most joyable part of the job is getting to help the customers find what they need/ want and having them leave happy cause they found what they need/ wanted
Fun Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC31 July 2017
I had fun working here. I met a whole bunch of different people. You really get to know the community when working at Walmart. Everyone shops there! Literally everyone.
Pros
Employee Discount
Great staff and management
Merchandise Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON31 July 2017
Walmart is a very fast paced environment and I enjoy working just that way. There is constant change as we need to keep up with the trends and market, this is fun and exciting as we are always learning new things.
It was okay
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 July 2017
Management need to get in touch with staff a little bit more, and whichever area they are running they should know something about.

Having someone in charge of bakery or deli who is from the tire/lube section doesn't know how to properly handle it and it's frustrating to try and work with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.