Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Walmart Canada
Department Manager (Former Employee), Kingston OnatrioJuly 24, 2015
Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for customers, and fellow associates.
Strong ability to handle all customer questions, concerns and complaints.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Summerside, PEJuly 23, 2015
It was a great fun place to work. the staff were nice and friendly.
The hours were flexible and management were great.
I learned about produce and growing them. Hardest part of the job was the labor and the most enjoyable part was the customers
great experience! learned a lot.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), wetaskiwin AB,July 23, 2015
Pros: 10% off
Cons: disappointed customers
management was good very supportive! loved helping customers, learned new skills how to run front end, how to multi-task,
Good staff and flexible hours, Managment could use some work in some areas.
Cashier (Current Employee), Strathmore, ABJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great enviroment
Cons: Not challenging enough
Working for Walmart, has been a great experience. Management was great when coming to helping with issues. However its not the job for me, I want a position that gives me more of a challenge and keeps me busy.
Productive, fast paced and easy going.
Cashier Associate (Current Employee), Summerside, PEJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Rewarding work; Great co-workers; Employee discount; Pay equity; Benefits; Flexible scheduling
Cons: Standing for long periods of time.
A typical day at work, for me, starts with counting my till. I then turn on my light and begin courteously, efficiently and expediently, getting our clientele through the checkout process.

I have learned – more... to deal with all kinds of people, situations and emergencies. I have also learnt how to respond to irate/angry customers without taking their attitude personally.

Management is a key team of men and women, who are an instant resource in our store. There is always someone, close at hand, to help out in any and all situations.

I have a great rapport with my co-workers and a lot of us will get together outside of the store, to do fun things together, in our community.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with and trying to appease, an angry customer. Every angry customer, is an opportunity for me to learn and use the proper mechanisms to deal with and assuage the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job, for me is, everything else! – less
Challenging
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJuly 22, 2015
Direction to 5 department manager, schedules, attending to customers needs and wants, stock rotation, stock taking. Attending the Walmart school for manager was a great learning experience.
Great work
Overnight Renovation (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJuly 22, 2015
As part of a team, we renovated the store by condensing certain departments and setting up fixtures for their grocery section.
Great work environment
Department Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: Constantly changing upper management
Being in the produce department of Walmart, everyday is very fast paced.
Having to get all the paperwork finished by certain times, along with inventory management, restocking of the sales floor, organization – more... of the back prep room/coolers and managing associates can make the day go by very fast.
Ever since becoming part of management, I feel I have learned a lot more leadership skills and time balancing.
The higher management is hard to evaluate due to the fact that it's constantly changing.
My co-workers are extremely reliable. They are very knowledgeable and also very fun to be around. They are more like family than co-workers.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the unknown variables that occur when dealing with fresh food. Such as rotten products, late deliveries, missing products and others. Having to work around those issues to keep the floor maintained and customers happy can be difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be coming in to working with my co-workers and satisfy customers. – less
Typical monotonous job,I have made good friends at work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: I have made good friends
Cons: Lowest paid salary and no good benefits
The job is very simple but there is no fun at work as it is a typical monotonous job with minimal wage.I want to change my job and I'm looking for a permanent full time job as my salary is not good and there are no good benefits .I have been working as a Cashier for the past three years and at Walmart I will be a Cashier for the rest of my life as there is no growth opportunity at Walmart.
Walmart is a lovely workplace where they have respect for all individuals, both customers and associates.
Claims Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 21, 2015
Working with Walmart, has been a great experience so far. I have met managers who are willing to help me pursue my career by giving me the necessary advice for career advancement.
Good job for part time student
Electronics Associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great Schedule
Cons: Job Advancement
Its great for students who are looking to do 12 to 20 hours a week. The management respect every individual at walmart and your co-workers are respectable people. But if you want to make a career at walmart I would not recommend it since promotions or a job advancement take years as a full timer.
A great way to start my career with a Large Retailer.
Connections Centre Lead Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Benefits
Cons: Long Hours, not a great work/life balance.
My Wal-Mart experience was my first job, and the first time that I got to use my social skills and ability to create promoters on the workplace. I worked in the electronics department and then followed – more... by the connection centre that piloted in a few stores across Canada in 2007. This was my first experience in the Telecommunications industry and taught me how to retain a customer for 3 years with a major provider in Canada. It was a great experience working in a new department that was new to a retailer such as Wal-Mart, it was also a great way for me to really get to know my customer and see how they use their phone. Different from now, the phones that were sold in the connection centre were not smartphones, so I had to make the customer understand the value of having a phone and keep them connected. – less
Satisfactory
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Good Breaks
Cons: Long Hours, Strenuous Work
- Management wasn't that great, pushed too much
- No actual job training given
- Friendly co-workers
- Long hours with a lot of work to accomplish
One of the world'd leading retail companies
Co- Store Manager (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 19, 2015
An absolute pleasure working as a Co-Manager at the stores. A great blend of learning and teaching. I get to fulfill my passion of interacting with my consumers to provide exceptional customer satisfaction.
ok
Overnight stocker/ Reno crew (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 17, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: longer lunches
OK.Didn't get hired after reno because I was pregnat. All other over night reno crew was hired. I would have loved to go back to work after the baby. It has been 3 years now and I want to work.
Avoid at all costs
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 17, 2015
Every single person you come into contact with treats you like you're nothing. I was told that in order to finish training I would have to get one mastercard application and when I did and went to the back they had no idea what I was talking about and prodded me for my real training sheets. You are thrown to the wolves from day one.
Fastpace,
Overnight Receiver (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing, free lunches and Bbq.
Cons: Far to many managers and no one really in charge
Receiver of overnight product,
Accociated well with my peers.
The hardest part of the job was to have managment let me complete one task before moving on to another.
I enjoyed talking to the drivers and vendors.
I have leared to multi-task in a big way.
Nice, Comfortable enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2015
I honestly think there was alot of poor managerial skills, and because of this, they lose so many good, loyal, reliable associates. If you're not vigilant on where you see your future, its very easy to get caught up in the secure feeling of having an "Ok" job with this company
Walmart- Cosmetics Department
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntJuly 16, 2015
This job was very fun and rewarding at times, I depends how you choose to look at it. I always tried to look at working their positively even though most of the time the people and shoppers were far from that. I learned a lot of good personal skills from working at Walmart. Patience, respect, kindness and always achieving excellent customer service was the skills I perfected while working there.
Improved more customer service and selling skills
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 15, 2015
Its nice place to work.
friendly enviornment.
Cooprative management.
oppotunity to learn more customer service and communication skills.
Headquarters