Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,549 reviews matching the search
Fun and Productive work environment.
Customer Service Specialist and cashier (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 January 2017
My typical work day can be high paced or relaxing depending on the day or time of day. I do anything from stocking shelves, organising and cleaning, merchandising, to being a cashier or working at the Customer service desk.
I have learned the basic use of a telxon gun. I have extensive knowledge using the registers. I have had many oportunities to learn new things and new departments.
The management is GREAT!! They are super understanding and very caring. Management often come up with games and activities to do to keep things interesting during seasonal events (Olympics, Stanley Cup, Grey Cup, Halloween, Christmas)
My co-workers are all fun bubbly people, you could show up to work in a terrible mood and leave work feeling happy.
Hardest part of the job is sometimes the customers.
Working with people.
Pros
Pot lucks and Free lunches on holidays
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
friendly
Courtesy Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham and steeles2 January 2017
Employees where awesome, will always find a friend there. Very disorganized management and nobody was on the same page. Changed policies more than once without making sure whole team is aware of new policy changes.
2nd in stock shift associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
was very long hours need to get better pay and better supervisor to explain the work and what is needed to be done need better incentives to keep staff
Decent place to work while your in school.
OVERNIGHT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
Well i worked as an overnight associate duties included control of stockflow, zoning(front facing) you have to pay attention to your co-workers, its a team effort so the manager isnt fully respinsible, allthough he is, it is up to the entire team to assure the job is done.
ok to work for but
maintenance store standards (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 January 2017
i liked the job and was good at it pay was ok but the job cut backs were tough they started to not care about employees beifits were good but working with a skeleton crew
Better-end retail
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 January 2017
Walmart is one of the better places to work when it comes to the large retail companies. My coworkers have always been a blast to work with and understand the highs and lows of customer service.
Okay
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 January 2017
Only worked seasonally. Not a whole lot to say - I don't think anyone even knew I existed. But the job was simple and the pay was decent.
Walmart wasan acceptable place to work. Management was fair, and the employees were nice.
Fort St. John, Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC31 December 2016
Walmart, like many places had its problems between the employee's like many places across Canada. They mostly had small communication errors and the occasional mistake in orders that slowed down the work load quite a lot. For the most part it was a well working place and if you asked someone for help they may or may not help you depending on the condition their department was. I always tried to help out whoever asked for it if I was available.
Pros
You always had something to do, be it cleaning, stocking, or interacting with customers.
Cons
Very often most departments were either missing people, or had hardly anyone employed at all.
Productive, fun place to work at, friendly people
walmart cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2016
My job experience at walmart was fun and i had a good experience, unfortunately I had to quit due to some of the working conditions
decent job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2016
Working at walmart taught me a lot and i think its a very good part time job to have. Co-workers are great and we all bonded over the dumbest things but love them none the less. Hardest thing was dealing with very impatient and rude customers, but other than that really good experience.
ok
Department Manager Health and Beauty (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 December 2016
was a nice place to work, very clicky management. Management had changed and you needed to be an of a desired color to advance.
used to be a place wither you could work hard and get ahead, and turned into one that you had to be a certain color to advance.
Boring place
Store Standards (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 December 2016
Boring and not very nice people, lots and lots of labor and abuse would not recommend for anyone very long hours by yourself
What I was hired to do
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 December 2016
I was hired to perform my daily duties and I am a true team player that gives more than 100%. They hired me for to do a good job and I have proven on many occasions why I was a good fit in the company.
Pros
got along with all thee employees
Cons
no job security no matter how long you've worked there.
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC28 December 2016
Walmart is a great company to work for. Flexible hours and great people to work with. It's like a family. I lost my son and my Walmart family did their best to support me.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
can't think of any
Fun place
Customer Service /Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2016
I learned everything in the whole place like i worked in every single department and was even training other managers plus taught myself how to use the rf gun
Pros
Lot's of hours
Cons
Management isn't good
ok
Jewlery associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON28 December 2016
Walmart was great when I started but does not have the staff to run the store properly. Unfortunately it has become very noticeable that the employees are not cared for but the bottom line is.
A good starting job
Photo Lab Tech, Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 December 2016
This job was a good starting job if you are young. The company is good to a point. They don't care a lot about their employees they are all about making sales.
A very caring workplace.
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC26 December 2016
I love working at walmart, my co-workers and managers are like family, we are all very close and always have a lot of fun while working together.
however, working at walmart is terrible as a cashier due to customers. SO many horrid customers. I have been sexually harassed, verbally abused, and bullied by multiple customers, and this occurs every shift. There is nothing management can do because of how many customers are like that, but feels very degrading whenever i work.
Pros
Built close friendship
Cons
innapropiriate harassment
Productive and fun place work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 December 2016
> Opportunities for growth
> More to learn
> Option for transfers
> Save money live better
> Helpful management. Except immigration cases.
> Work life balance. Enjoy working at walmart.
Pros
Free Coffee, Busy schedule, Respectful
Cons
Less discount for employees (Only 10%), Rarely hire outside for good position, more focused on internal recruitment, pay for Dept. Mgrs not really good
Walmart
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2016
Walmart is a great company and it is looked down upon by many. It's a good place to gain retail knowledge and has many opportunities for personal growth and development.