Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,893 reviews matching the search
Good starter job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB5 March 2017
Great employees to work with, always something to do at walmart so teaches employees to be autonomys workers. Learned a lot about conflict resolution and customer service
friendly and enjoyable work envioment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  CA5 March 2017
I enjoy my work and like to innovate and look for new experiences, its a friendly and team work enviorment. ample of opportunity to grow and achievement
Pros
meeting customers
Cons
work in different schedule
Walmart - Great learning experience and good environment to work in.
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2017
A typical day at work involved bringing in carts for customers to shop with, helping customers find desired items, cleaning up spills, and helping customers transport heavy items to their vehicle. I acquired customer service skills which included diffusing situations where customers were irate. I learned about being a team player as well as being an individual contributor in ensuring that I was following Walmart policies at all times.
Pros
great environment, flexible hours, good pay, professionalism
Fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 March 2017
Dealing with cash, and providing cash audits to the cash office.
Deciding breaks for cashiers.
Problem solving for customers.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 March 2017
A good job for those new to the workforce. Customers can be difficult, and the managers are not always qualified. You generally make a few cents above minum wage, and have good job security.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Difficulty getting full time
Tough to work in that atmosphere
Customer Service and Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC4 March 2017
Learned about customer service. Treat customers fairly & with dignity. Teamwork and lot of pressure. Employees are from different cultures.
Pros
hours
Cons
Wages
Lots of Retail Experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 March 2017
I punch in, walk up front to get keys for unlocking game cabinets etc. I count my register and start working on price changes and critical picks. I zoned all areas that need it and start to put out stock from the critical picks. Around mid morning we start putting out stock from the warehouse and from directs. While doing all this, I help as many customers that need it. I have lots of retail experience and telson gun knowledge. I work hard everyday and enjoy keeping busy.
Pros
Stable Job
Cons
Not enough hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL4 March 2017
It was a great place to work. The people there are like family and it was a fun job. It's just too bad that there wasn't much room for advancement and the salary wasn't great.
Fun, Exciting, Casual
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cochrane AB4 March 2017
Started as cashier and worked my way to cashier leader. Daily duties included assisting customers with check outs, cash balance, fast paced work environment.
Not properly compensated
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
Very busy and lots of stressful customers. Learned a lot about customer service and satisfaction. Has a poor management and human resource relationship. Dealing with a stubborn hard headed customers.
Fun workplace with limited communication
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 March 2017
Good place to work, and you learn alot from the experience of dealing with customers. I found there are too many authority figures (managers, etc) and not enough communication.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
At work I only normally enjoying it because I learned and experience different challenges which makes me grow and become a better person.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Overnight work
Great place to start your journey to your future career
Tire Lube Express Tech. and Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS3 March 2017
This company has taught me how to have patience with co-workers and customers. I mostly work in the Tire Lube center changing tires and oil, occasionally a battery or two. When not working on vehicles I spend time in the hardware department, zoning and putting away stock. Over all haven't had many complaints about the store, lovely people to work with and management is easy to get a long with and always understanding.
Pros
10% discount and profit sharing
Cons
Long travel to work, and never closes for snow storms
Not too bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON3 March 2017
I liked working at Wal-Mart. Most of my coworkers were good, some were lazy. A lot of weird hours so not much time for a life. Only part-time because they don't like paying for benefits. Cheap company for how much money they make! Horrible cashier manager. She's rude, lazy and sarcastic.
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
weird hours, horrible cashier manager
awesome times
Closing Manager & Photographer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2017
great people to learn from and grow with, learned many skills ill be able to take anywhere in the world with me

id show up set up help the customers start their day with us
Great company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC3 March 2017
Greet customers in a friendly manner
Ring the customers items through fast and efficiently
Promote the Walmart Mastercard App
Pros
Work with great people, benefits are great
Cons
Hours are all over the place being part time
Stock person
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB3 March 2017
Punched in
Unwrapped stock
Selected stock in designated stocking areas
Baled cardboard
Took out garbage
Friendly staff
Pros
Fast paced
Worst Management ever
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON3 March 2017
Hired to work in PhotoLab. Often only employee on duty required to cover photo, electronics, Toys, shoes, infants, automotive and hardware. Never enough staff to cover all the departments. Complaining continuous in lunch room, not a encouraging work environment. Trying to do a good job is not promoted when unable to take regular breaks. Cannot give the proper customer service I was used to giving and was demanded in other employment experience, because didn't have enough time to help when covering all the departments. Worst place I have ever worked in 30 years,
It has some benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS3 March 2017
Working for Walmart in my particular store was no treat. I department manager was very rude and in considerate, almost never granted time off even for medical reasons. My store manager was spectacular though if you had a problem going to her was the best bet. Fellow employees were great. Work conditions were under par .
Pros
Cash share once a year
Cons
working environment
Job for a first jab at a part-time job
Customer Service Specialist/Deli (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON2 March 2017
It was a very decent job for my first time in any work force, the people were very nice and the management was harsh but also friendly and nice when they needed to be all in all a job place to work for your first job.
Pros
profit-share
Cons
to many hours 48+ a week