Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,085 reviews matching the search
Fired for going to hospital
Toy Department Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 April 2017
I had broken my ankle while at school, proceeded to go to my shift at walmart after when my foots pain was becoming too much i asked if i may go home and was asked to bring a doctors note, i did just that and the next day i was fired.
Managers suck
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2017
flexible hours for students. low wages. managers are overbearing and suck at following availability. coworkers are great people and understand the walmart struggle.
Flexibility of work timing and secured
Accounts Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 April 2017
About Walmart:
Follow govt rules properly
Train employee on time
workplace culture is fine
management is cooperative

This is the best place for temporary job and who has flex time. Walmart is also perfect place for new comer.I learn big company's vision, mission and its journey.
Pros
Flexibility of work timing, Perfect for new comer, Secured job
Cons
Pay on time but pay rate is very low, full time standing job (may not be perfect for all)
Fun work place with lots of customer interaction
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 April 2017
Walmart offers a great work environment. All employees are well respected by management. The company has lots of advancements opportunities. It's one of the top companies to work for.
Walmart
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 April 2017
I process products that have been returned back to the store. I work with numerous courier companies and drivers in returning products back to suppliers or other destinations that are required. I also cross over into receiving product for the stores inventory. I have found that there is not much support for general associates with this company. Management is not properly trained in all positions which reflects on the associates working under them. High expectations with little reward.Even with these issues though the general staff seem to mix well with each other.
Working hard
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2017
I work from 6:30am to 3:00pm most of the day I'm just lifting boxes into trailor and shipping it out to different store. I've learned how to work with others and be more of independent at the same time. It is not the best place to work alot of times theres alot of dust in the trailor or even in the warehouse. the hardest place is that it is a heavy lifting job theres are alot of big heavy boxes, some boxes are up to 70 lbs. and the most enjoyable is that you get two 15 minutes breaks.
long hours hard work management not willing to advance part-time employees
meat and produce associate (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON11 April 2017
A typical work day at Walmart is very long and hard, with little to no direction from management. Management is almost never around and when they are its generally to harass their employees. The employees are very un happy and difficult to work with as there is much favoritism and even family working side by side not everyone is treated fairly or respectably.
Busy work invironment
Accounting Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 April 2017
worked in the accounting office Was busy all the time. and worked alone. Would have preferred working with another person to help with the work load.
Big Box One Stop Shop
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON11 April 2017
Although very young , Wal-Mart taught me a lot about corporate big box companies.
With a young staff and all new hire's Wal-Mart was a pleasant place to work. I learnt that as a company Wal-Mart is among the biggest companies in the world. I was surprised to learn Wal-Mart doesn't provide employee benefits.
I enjoyed most the analytical ways in which the company is operated; down to very specific detail.

I didn't find my job "hard", in fact i appreciated the opportunity to be able to earn a couple bucks at a young age.
Cons
No Benefits
Co-workers are amazing
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 April 2017
Great people to work side by side with. Co workers are friendly and very helpful when needed. Will go out of the way to assist you if necessary or if you have questions.
Stressful and Fast paced
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 April 2017
Alright place for a part item job. A lot of work in a very short time. very fast paced. A lot of opportunity for advancement. Again a nice multi cultural environment.
Big space and lots to do
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 April 2017
Enjoyed working in a productive work space. Also enjoyed being able to help customers where needed. A typical day at work would be lifting items onto isles and keeping an organized space.
Pros
Very productive and positive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 April 2017
Walmart has a comfortable working atmosphere and the management is very helpful. Lots of hours and it was good pay, Walmart is a good company to work for!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Weird customers
Was a great job
Cashier and Customer Service/ Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2017
- Deal with lots of interesting people
- Patience is Key when dealing with some people
- Hours per week flux based on season
- Odd product management
- Weird Security measures
lot of new oppartunity to move up with the company
Assistant Supervisor (PT) (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 April 2017
it's a team work and every day get learn new experience and easy to move in to management team with in short time period. it's multicultural environmental and help each others at the end of the day all team work.
Co-workers were fine but Management is terrible
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 April 2017
Good luck if you're sick, they will harass you over the phone and demand doctors notes for ONE UNPAID SICK DAY, absolutely unprofessional and ridiculous.

They are understaffed because of people constantly quitting. They take this out on the ones who stay and work hard in turn making them want to quit. It's a vicious cycle that they don't seem to understand. This Cambridge Ontario store needs some serious reworking.

"Part time" position with no benefits but still working full time hours (30+).
Pros
Inspires you to go back to school.
Cons
Harassed by management for everything. Doing jobs that aren't in your job description.
great stepping stone
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK10 April 2017
I loved working with the customers. I love to work with people, I enjoy to see them satisfied with the product they are buying. when they are satisfied they return to store guaranteed.
Very fast paced, very rewarding workplace
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2017
I worked at WalMart Canada for 5 years. I started on the store set up team and ended as a department manager. The work was at times stressful and not every manager was a delight to work with, but the pros made up for the cons. I left on good terms and would definitely consider working in a higher up position in the future
Pros
competative wages, profit sharing, great people to work with
Cons
work load can get crazy
overall alright can be stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS10 April 2017
It can be a good place to work if you are full time but it can also be very stressful at times overall some people can be very demanding to work with some customer can ultimately be very pushy and others can be very friendly, overall it is a fairly good place to work but it has its drawbacks
learning different skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 April 2017
in the beginning as i was in training it was totally different experience to work in biggest retail company, i learned various department as a customer representative includes fashion, electronics and toys . Management was really supportive and help whenever required. As new place of work u make new friends and try to adjust in different environment and culture.
Pros
paid break, everyday meet different type of customers
Cons
long hours and back pain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.