Walmart
33,942 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and exciting work environment
Shoe Service Specialist (Former Employee), North Battleford, SKJuly 8, 2014
First look on new products. Busy at times. Great people to work with. Fun work environment
Productive, hectic and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2014
Lots of costumers
I learned how to operate a cash register. I also learned more about retail and the policies that Walmart upholds daily.
My co-workers were friendly and kind from across the planet, so there was diversity. It was fun to work with them.

The hardest parts of the job was rush hour, the most enjoyable part was meeting new people day in – more... and out. – less
overwork and underpay
csm (Current Employee), calgaryJuly 8, 2014
Pros: you got a job
Cons: low wages overworked unappreciated stressful
Overworked on minimum wage. Disrespectful management at times. No recognition of hard work. As a csm im on my feet running around sometimes without breaks even.
Walmart started out as a very good company to work with but as the years goes by our jobs are no longer secure.
Full Time Department Manager of Infants Wear (Current Employee), Regina, SKJuly 7, 2014
Pros: we get lots of free food like bar-b-ques and taco in a bag.
Cons: don't get paid enough for what i do.
The day at work will be very hectic as we always have a lack of staff. A lack of staff means that the department managers have to pick up the slack plus have your own work done, plus any extras that are given to you.

I've learned to use there computer systems, how to run a retail business, how to deal with customers and much, much more.

We have had – more... many changes in Walmart recently. Some managers got let go, other accociates got promoted to assistant positions and other people were hired out of Walmart. We currently have a lot of assistants that don't know how to do there jobs and it doesn't help when the store manager isn't there half the time. The morale right now is not good at all and it makes it hard to do your job.

I love my co-workers and I will miss them but it is time for a change, time to move on to something else and learn new things.

My job is not hard at all, I don't have an issue with what I do.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making my co-workers and customers happy. When they are happy I'm happy. – less
Great Place for opportunities for people who are not ready to retire.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 7, 2014
I shop there a lot. I think they give a lot of people opportunities to remain productive and meet a lot of people.

I am able to work Thursday to Monday. Hours are not an issue.
good not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
it was good not great didn't like my scheduler and my manager but it was a job
Stock associate at large corporation
Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 7, 2014
A lot of middle management. Lots of associates in a higher position that feel the need to direct associates without proper communication between management. Low wages while expecting superior service.

The job is fairly simple, smile, help everyone you can in an expedient manner.
productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 6, 2014
Management duties on daily basis
in stock
receiving
food side
garden center
good to place to work if you have no life and full open avaialblity
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: you sometime have a mcdonalds in your store
Cons: long hours no room for advancement
a typical day of work consists of signing in and going on your register to help cash out customers i learned that even when customers arent right they have to be you you have to keep your calm because their has been many times where i want to snap the csm are great but the mangers i dont even know what to say about them... the hardest part of the job – more... is standing for 9+ hours a day it gets tiring and annoying and the pay is not worth it the most enjoyable part of my day si clocking out .. – less
Jack-of-all Trades
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity for growth
Cons: barely above minimum wage pay
I spent 7 years at Wal-Mart, starting as a Cashier and climbing to Department Manager. I learned a great many things during my time there; I even had to opportunity to attend their Management Training School. It is a fast paced environment with a lively associate culture. However, I felt that after 7 years my hard work was no longer appreciated when – more... I was shuffled to the night shift after having cut the “shrink” due to theft in their Jewelry department by half in my one year of its management, with no thank-you. This employer is wonderful if you are a student looking for part-time work or are looking to join upper Management, but is not ideal as a long term associate level career. – less
The job was horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJuly 3, 2014
During the day i would unload trucks one box at a time place them on skids then if there was a second truck unload that one and then after we wrap the skids and pull them to the floor to there specific places. The managers were not very helpful and the co-workers were rude.
Walmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maple, ONJuly 3, 2014
Work was simple.
Sometimes too much is asked of you at once and it is impossible to complete every task given to you in a day because they keep getting added to your list.
a job well done
o\n stocker (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
depts.worked in.pets,toys sports & most all G.M. side . stocking & zoneing
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: 1 hour lunch but unpaid
Not as good as i thought..the new changed management is not as good as the previous one.
the work is alright. its too much between few associates, too much pressure during closing times.
decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 2, 2014
not bad place for your first job
laid back
managers don't know much
Can be a great job
Manager (Current Employee), West End EdmontonJuly 2, 2014
Pros: quick raise, steady work
Cons: long hours, not the nicest clientel
Mostly taking passport type photos, but when you did get families in the family aspect of it was nice. There was only ever me at work, made for long days.
Best retail store in the Canada
Support Manager (Current Employee), Kindersley, SKJuly 2, 2014
Pros: leadership
Cons: long hours
.Merchandising ,Stocking ,Assigning task to overnight stockers by following company standards and policies.
.Leadership and management Skills,integrate and co-ordinate with team to get the maximum results.
.Broad minded, always ready to help to solve my job related problems.
.Productivity is only thing which needs to be focused.
.Co -workers are good – more... .
.Decision Making is the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
my duties at walmart
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABJuly 1, 2014
Did cashiering, also worked in fashion folding clothes putting out stock, worked in the back sorting skids or pallets of products to be put out on the floor. In early august I helped set up the store as far as putting up shelves, pegs doing mods etc. I did returns and exchanges at customer service.
Fun place to work at that taught me time management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), mississauga,ONJuly 1, 2014
I learned how to work well under pressure and how to deal with customers effectively.
Good place to gain skills working with the public
Shoes sales associate (Current Employee), Brockville, ONJuly 1, 2014
You work within a great team and learn many skills that you can apply within your career.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more