Walmart
37,893 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun work place but sometimes very busy and under staffed
Current Part-time Job (Current Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: my friends work with me
Cons: over worked, less pay
I usually work evening shifts that start at 3:30 and the first thing I do is look through my department to see what shape its in. I keep the department clean and help customers, do price checks, and take calls. I tend to engage in conversation with customers and learn a lot of new things. All my co-workers are very friendly and help me out when needed.The – more... hardest thing about my job is having to clean up all the mess customers make from the floor and/or shelves but I enjoy it sometimes because my friends are usually working with me. my – less
Productive and a fun work place with great people!
Over-night Stocker Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 15, 2014
My duties included:
- Replenishing store stock from daily delivery of consumable goods.
- Rotating old stock daily to maintain freshness.
- Taking freezer temperatures every 2 hours to ensure functionality.
- Organizing and maintaining the products available for sale.
- Providing quick and prompt customer service.
was a good company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Merritt, BCOctober 15, 2014
i loved it at wal-mart it was a good place to work although i had to quite due to moving an where i moved didn't have a wal-mart but would definitely work there again.
good starting point
3rd shift instock (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: wage is not enough to live by
working at Walmart taught me some valuable skills but once you've learned what you can i found it is actually hard to do much else within the company.
Amazing culture
Category Team Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 13, 2014
I spent 10 years working for this company for a reason. Many shift in management over the last 5 years blurred the vision for the company. There were plenty of room for advancement. Little room for work life balance.
Sales
JEWELLERY ASSOCIATE - P/T (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 13, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
fun friday example male fashion show dressed by women/men w/high heels
District assistant manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 12, 2014
Pros: the morale
Cons: the new store manager
view emails,notes from boss then plan the crew with what projects needed to be done. time management,and being organized is what i learned how to use with people skills that aloud me to better others to move up in the company the hardest part is if the equipment failed and repairs would be hours days latter other than that i manged a really outstanding – more... team. seeing how proud the assoicates looked when i always was pride of what they could do in 5.5 hrs it amazed me every shift. – less
Part- time, Cashier (Current Employee), Prince George, BCOctober 11, 2014
Cons: management
In my opinion management is not very good the only nice thing about working here is some of my co-workers are amazing.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2014
great hours and schedules. They paid better then their competitor stores.
Good workplace
Fashion Sales Associate (Former Employee), OttawaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: staff discount on things in store
Cons: closing shift hours were too much
The workplace was a good environment to be in. I worked in the fashion section of the store and learned not only about the retail aspects of the job but also about the entire store.
My typical day at work, because it was closing shifts, was more along the lines of cleaning up the section and making sure that it was well prepared for opening the next – more... day.
My co-workers were nice but also very slow at their job. Most of the time when asked to do something I would be the one put in charge because what I could do within an hour would take them an entire shift.
The management was good but considering they had section leaders instead of basic management I hardly ever interacted with any of my managers.
The hardest part of the job was location for me, which is why I worked such a short amount of time. It would take me almost two hours by bus to get to work and always had to call for a ride home due to the different busing schedule with Ottawa and Gaineau busing.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was organizing the section, I feel at ease when I can organize things to how I see fit, or putting up new displays. – less
My summary of my time at Wal-Mart
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, customer service awards
Cons: over worked and under valued workers
I enjoyed my job with Wal-Mart. On a typical day I would Merchandise product and restock, Customer service was my primary role. Help People find items or answer concerns. Did price changes and gave front-end cash support.

I was able to work with Dept. Manager to setup MODs. Which involved flipping Merchandise of the entire Dept. I was also able to – more... learn to pick product from recieving BINs useing Telezon Gun.

My Manager was fair but was always loading more and more work. Found most managers understanding concerning work or non-work related concerns, however did find others Bully and played politics.

My co-workers were the best. I still see them to this day and always greet each other with hugs.

I guess the hardest part of the job was seeing all the waste of, not only in merchandise lost due to thieft for starters but also the waste of Human talent that worked there.

The best part of the job by far was knowing I made someones day by sending them home happy. – less
A terrible place to work sprinkled with a few instances of enjoyment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Drumheller, ABOctober 9, 2014
Pros: 10% discount in the store
Cons: inconsistent work schedule, lack of work hours, low salary, no benefits for part-time workers
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers look for products they needed and teaching them how they work if they didn't understand.
At this job, I learned how to optimize my time by helping numerous customers in a short time frame and stocking shelves when there were no customers.
Management at the store I worked at was less than optimal, – more... they lacked proper communication, policies were often being changed or brought up and half of the work force would be uninformed about said changes until they were being scolded by their superiors for doing something they were supposed to do before, but was suddenly not allowed.
My co-workers in the Electronics department were alright, only two of them were really helpful though, the other two were dead weight.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers, solely on the basis that they always need to be right and when I would try to teach them how to use an item, they never bothered to listen and just scoffed at me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had the odd customer come in that would engage me in an actual conversation, one that wanted to learn about the items that were on sale and wanted to work with me to get the best deal. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2014
Coworkers are friendly and fun to work with.
Dealing with customers complaints
Refunding or exchanging products
Productive Workplace, Very Team Oriented
2nd shift In-stock Supervisor (Former Employee), StouffvilleOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: under payed
Great company to work for as a starter job or seeking to move up through a company as progression can be quick as long as you work hard. The job consisted of mostly manual labor in large quantities, there were many times were the entire team would feel under payed.
My job was to lead a small team between 2-4 employees through the daily tasks, consisting – more... of binning, receiving and offloading stock trucks as well as any backroom organization and much more. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was that I liked the people I worked with as well as the constant schedule. – less
Hot Workplace
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hot working conditions
Unloaded truck, pulled stock to the floor, Stocked shelves, binned overstock, helped out other areas. My co-workers were the best people to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the hot environment. The most enjoyable part was going home after my shift ended.
Great place to work!
Accounting Office Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, long lunch
Cons: unpaid lunch, not enough hours
My store is pretty awesome! Every one is super friendly including the management. It provided with some great skills that I can use in every area of my job. Flexible hours. It could be stressful but my co-workers are always willing to help.
Good for Teamwork skills
Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: health benifits, savings plans, monthly complimentary meal if safety guidelines were met (zero injuries)
Cons: management wasn't as cohesive as it could have been.
Was a very interesting place to work, with not having prior retail experience i was delighted to find the atmosphere and environment were a lot different than you would assume from just being a casual customer. I learned how to work well with several team members, Approximately 50-60 people of all different skill sets and positions. Being able to work – more... in all of the departments available that were non grocery related really taught me a few things i had zero knowledge on before. The management was supportive in the beginning but my main gripe was that they were hiring and switching around new managers on the regular so i didn't have a good chance to get to know them which i feel would have improved the overall experience for many people. They often had different opinions and sometimes clashed with each other but at the end of the day we were still efficient and completed what we needed to. – less
Good
Customer Service Rep / Assistant Personnel (Current Employee), vaughanOctober 6, 2014
not much to say just a good place of work. Average pay and great working environment
Alright.
Overnight Stock/Product Moving (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2014
Move shelving units. Boring. My co-workers were the only good part about working for this company.
OVERALL ITS AMZING WORKING THER.
produce associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 3, 2014
MY COWORKERS ARE AMAZING AND WE USED TO DO THE TEAMWORK AND INCREASE THE PRODUCTIVITY.I ENJOYED WORKING.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more