Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,951 reviews matching the search
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BCJune 30, 2016
I liked my job, because everyday I learned new things by meeting hundred of customers everyday. I had no complaints with the management, with my co workers.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
unpaid lunches, minimum hourly wage
Not a good job selling mastercards
Mastercard Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 29, 2016
It was a bad experience because no one now want a master card having very little benefits. Your manager will be pushy on you for his target.
Very nice
Warehouse Worker, Customer service, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCJune 29, 2016
Great place to work, good people, Great bosses
give it 100%
they made me feel like I was family and not just another employe
Just a workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2016
Each day is a new experience. You never know what happens next. People shout at you for no reason. Your cashiers don't respect you and your decisions.
encouraging and demanding with high expectations
in stock associate (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJune 28, 2016
friendly atmosphere with motivation of other co workers lots of customers could be enjoyable and challenging
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baie-d'urfe, QCJune 28, 2016
Good busy
How to run and manage a operation.
Respect from the team.
Teamwork.Team engagement
Dealing with the different characters.
Every day is different. Problem-solving,
Pros
5 wks vacation
Cons
Great learning experience along with great coworkers
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 28, 2016
My typical day at Walmart would be to arrive on time and begin to make a list of all the products that needed restocking.
The experiences I learned at Walmart was how to help satisfy the customer quickly and efficiently throughout my entire work shift.
My management was respectful towards my decisions and extra circular activities, when I have asked to take time off.
For my associates they were kind and respectful towards myself and others around me.
Most challenging part about working at Walmart was peak times inside the store when it was a weekend and their were many customers to help.
Most enjoyable part was the people I got to work with including managers.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Rude Customers
fun working place
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2016
I love to work wal mart it give me great leanings and opportunity to growth. I enjoyed to work with my bosses and co workers lot
Pros
any time
Cons
any time
Not Horrible Needs to Boost it Image.
Stock Clerk/ Picker Binner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 27, 2016
Walmart is pretty much the same as every other retail company, but the company has a horrible image that needs to be fixed. It needs to make itself more professional and allow the employees to think for themselves. To many managers 3 managers for a team of 5 a lot of people don't even have a high school education which in the 21st century is unacceptable. Pizza parties, coffee and doughnuts every month as well as profit sharing and stock are some good incentives for working at Walmart.
Customer Service
PHOTO LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NLJune 27, 2016
9 years experience, making sure customers film is developed in a timed fashion manner. Handling difficult situations.
Pros
Satisfying Customers
Cons
No hours
The Unproductive thrive at Walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 26, 2016
As a productive cashier at walmart u start to realize that no matter how hard u work u wont be recognized. U cannot move within the company to another position making it impossible to advance. The unproductive workers are praised and will chant go Walmart as u slave away.
Cons
No Advancement/Movement
Management was sub par, there were plenty hours to work.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 26, 2016
Management didn't seem to care about employees well being. THere were plenty of hours to work and long lunch breaks. plenty of cahnces to get higher into the company.
Pros
long lunchs, many hours to work.
Cons
management was sub par
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 25, 2016
I've worked 5 years with no problems and haven't had a promotion even when I tried to apply. Management is unorganized and sometimes makes the wrong call. Some people the same age as I am have a higher salary than me and they just started.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
Bad management, low chances of advancement, unempathetic managers
Not so good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2016
Fundamentals learned are good however for the hourly wage you are doing so much work and also shifts are given evenly it was not very fun or friendly and managers often played favourites
It would be fun if management wouldn't be so ignorant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2016
Hello if you shot up, suck up ,and if you're one of the team you'll be able to go up in the company. And so will your family. And to get hired faster is who you know.
Overall I did enjoy going to work and see my friends of 20 years of working at Walmart .
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCJune 24, 2016
My typical day at work was to put freight away ,zoned ,cleaned and fix packages that where damaged ,go around my department and scanned any empty area of merchandise and than reordered ,also I had to view all my emails and replied to it .I also had to help my co workers with their extra work load of skids of products .After break I had to review my paper work and view my truck log to see if all my products came in from the truck .During the day I was also a cashier. I was grateful to learned a lot from business point of view with Walmart .I got along with every body ,I used to make people laugh a lot .Management did not carry the true leadership towards their employees , lack of compassion , not enough communication with the individual ,not knowing how to express their task ,and use wrong approach towards human kind .
Pros
liked the benefit from the profit sharing .
Cons
too many task all at once.
nice place to work
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 24, 2016
good place to work, benefits after 6 weeks. responsibilities include: record manage stock of cleaning chems, maintain equipment,delegate maintenance team, clean floors. The best part about the job is the co-workers, because at night people just let loose. At this job we were like a big family, i would do my job along with do anything that my coworker needed of me.
benefits
Cons
high stress
Walmart was an ok place to work at.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 24, 2016
The pay at Walmart was decent and had good yearly rewards. Also there were 3 breaks for a regular 8 hour shift, that helped many days.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
less hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaJune 24, 2016
Positive company that provides good associates and customers merchandise at lower cost.
Good opportunities for associates.
Respect, Customer Service, and Strive for Excellence are the three basic beliefs that apply to all areas of the company.
friends
Backroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 24, 2016
same respect between the employee but not that much withe the management. what i have learn with this company is time management. the hardest part is when the store management delegate work to department managers, and all department managers will come you and asked for help
Pros
friends
Cons
management