Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,849 reviews matching the search
Very structures and friendly atmosphere
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCMarch 12, 2016
Walmart was a great place to work, there was a good team atmosphere and management was great to deal with which made it a very low stress place to work. The hardest part of the job was getting used to working the overnight shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of shift when everything was up and looking great and the shelves were all full again
Pros
great team atmosphere
Cons
low paying salaries
Demanding schedule for little compensation
TLE Technician (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 22, 2016
Work is physically demanding (heavy lifting, bending, stretching, reaching, etc) but perpetual under-staffing combined with a loophole in the labor laws means you could end up working up to ten days in a row without a break.
Pros
1 hour for lunch; working away from customers
Cons
Potentially long work week; lunches are unpaid hours.
Good environment to work in and friendly people
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
At Swiss Chalet, I had a wonderful experience as a bus boy/dishwasher. Learned great customer service skills and communicating with customers. Worked till closing time sometimes and also did take outs. In take out was where the most customer service skill needed to be apply when assisting various customers with either their complaints or what ever their needs were to ensure that they were satisfied and walked away with a smile on their faces.
Pros
free Swiss Chalet dinners or Lunch depend on the shift.
Cons
Often experienced wet and slippery floors and seemed hazardous.
Absolutely displeased.
Meat Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
After working there for two months, and getting fired for getting injured. I've learned, that all the employees are miserable, unless new. The majority of the employees or associates do next to nothing productive. Than when it comes down to the work the hardest worker is the one who has to fix it, and deal with getting in trouble for other peoples habits.
I was wrongfully dismissed, and can do absolutely nothing about it, as even though they act like your best friend. Say that you work hard, if you cost them anything, you're gone, unless you've been there over three months. I do not suggest working for Walmart in the slightest.
Pros
Every once in a while we got donuts at the morning meeting
Cons
Associates, Staff, Work ethic, managers, etc
Good experience
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2016
Walmart was a good experience where I learned a lot. I always found that we we understaffed or i had to do more then one persons job so that got annoying. Other wise it was a good job i had no trouble with the management but just looking at the others that worked there there was no way to move up/
Pros
never had to stand around and do nothing
Cons
understaffed
Enjoyable experience with fulfilling work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, ABMarch 12, 2016
I loved working at WalMart, they treated me with respect and kindness. My co-workers also loved working there.

Typically I would come into work and immediately start up my register. I would stand there and check customers purchases through when ready. If needed I would work the floors and help with stock.
Management was great. There was only one coworker that I did not connect with but they treated me like any other employee.
The hardest part for me would be standing for long periods of time.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be communicating with the customers. My favorite part was interacting with them and helping them get through quickly and smoothly.
Pros
Free food in break room occaisionally.
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
Productive and cooperative
General Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 26, 2016
Wal-Mart provided me with the hours I needed and gave me the days off when I was in school. However they are very understaffed and I was pulled from my department to work in other departments leading to not much work being completed in my department. However the co-workers were easy to work with and cooperative.
Pros
10% discount
Great and Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, KingstonApril 25, 2016
Productive and friendly workplace.
Morning meeting with associates
Touring the store with overnight management
Great teamwork with management team and co-workers
Hardest part of the job is not getting all you wanted to accomplish.
Co-workers and the people you meet throughout the day are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun workplace , Very friendly , Family oriented
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NBMay 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working here
they work with you with any situation at hand
understand of most situations
the co workers became more family then friends
the hardest part of the job is not being given much of a choice on certain job assignments ( some of which certain employees are unable to preform )
Excellent starter!
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 28, 2016
Specializing in sales and the atmosphere of Spectacular A Class Fashion! great to work for in the company I was not only helped but taught on the computer terminal as well s the Register! This is one proud leader in the Fashion business! Please call them they are the best ever in the Fashion World!
Pros
Company 30 % off Fashion !
Cons
Late and short hrs!
I enjoyed the bake goods on sale on breaks.
Cashier/ Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 12, 2016
I worked on cash opening and closing shifts .We promoted the credit card. We worked at a high pace ,scans per order. I relieved other people on cash for breaks .We had to tidy work area.I feel we worked well as a team. I feel they have turnover in staff because of the way people are treated.
Pros
time went by fast
Cons
very dry
Busy and understaffed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 9, 2016
It was busy and I learned to be more efficient. My co-workers and managers were all nice and respectful. The hardest part of the job was how busy it was when I was the only cashier working but I worked through it as best as I could and the best part of the job was how the day went by fast I guess.
Pros
My shift would go by fast
Cons
Understaffed and hourly wage
Productive and efficient with great work environment.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 16, 2016
In a typical day of work I would clock in at 8 in the morning and begin zoning my area which was hardware and paint. The act of zoning is cleaning up any items in the aisles while making sure all items are properly organized on the shelf. All while doing this I would mix paint for customers to any color of their desire and provide great customer service by patiently listening and answering any questions in a respectful manner. Additionally when the store would reach peak hours more assistance would be required on the sales floor for cashiers. Therefore, I would go to the front and help with running a point of sale register. Through repeatedly doing this I became very efficient and mastered the cash register while gaining valuable customer service experience and knowledge.
Pros
Flexible hours
Customer Experience
Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 30, 2016
I loved my job as a Photolab Manager/Technician. It used to be very fun and enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job, was that there was not enough time or associates in the day to accomplish the daily tasks and assist customers with their needs.
My co-workers were wonderful.
Pros
The customers and co-workers
Cons
High turnover in management
nice workplace with amazing team members
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2016
i worked in this company for 3 years. Its a nice company with fun environment, good co-workers and nice pay too. The managers are pretty ok too , but the only thing i feel lacking is the career development. I am the kind of guy who like challenges and want to always learn new things and develop my skills everyday, but in this company , i dont see my future because its the same kind of job day in and day out. To be honest, i dont see myself doing the same thing i did for 10 years coming thats why i want to advance.
working as fashion processor is interesting, fun and enjoyable and exciting to work with new merchandise each day.r
Fashion processor/merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 28, 2016
I been working Walmart for almost 2 years and i have acquired and found new friendship with my fellow co-workers of different nationalities. Since i am friendly person its so easy for me to interact with them, Some became my very close friends. During lunch break, we have fun and excited to know more about each culture and tradition and the most enjoyable is exchanging views and opinions about cooking foods.

I can honestly say that working in Walmart Langley is fun. Management so kind and passionate and very helpful and understanding.

In my own opinion, if you love your job and working it with a heart, there is no stress or shall i say stress situation became lightly and there is no hardest part in your part.
Walmart
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Walmart was good place for me to work because i was surrounded by friends most of the time. However there was very little space for advancement because the management was very unorganized and efficient. I learned many things from working there such as, time management, efficiency and hard work.The hardest part of the job was the constant ranting from the managers, however there was also a good side to working there which was helping customers out and working with some of my close friends.
It would be nice if management would work better the employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
I feel that Walmart could be a great place to work with the proper management.

I like the people I work with.

The hardest part of my job is the commute. I have moved to the other end of the city and I do not drive.
I am looking for something closer to home.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Not very good shifts and not enough hours
i loved working at walmart
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCMay 17, 2016
It seemed like i was learning new things everyday even when i thought i had learned it all which i liked a lot. the job became a life for me and it was fun and easy, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with their situations, i would love to work for walmart again.
Pros
the breaks
Cons
having no customers
My review for walmart
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 6, 2016
Now I worked at Walmart for about 5 days, most of the staff are friendly and are good people, but some of them are just drama and if you were to do something that they didn't like, even if you just start. As i did, they won't care... Some won't but some will drag it on and complain about it all day, and at the end of the day... That's what got me fired, cause I was checking a time that someone was in, and one co worker thought I shouldn't have bin there, but i have every right to, tried to explain that to her... She thought I was trying to skip my duties at work or something, But i was just checking in and she dragged it on and start saying things behind my back to other co workers... In my opinion, the managers were rude, co workers are drama, and just and overall not a good work environment.
Pros
An hour (paid) break
Cons
Bad co workers