Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,403 reviews matching the search
fun but hard
ics (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 November 2016
the grunts at walmart like i was are funny and awesome to be around but the work was always hard and they pushed you to do more and more i would never want to put any of my friends or family in that work place
Pros
Cons
longer hours and no thanks for those long hours
productive workplace
Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB14 November 2016
wal mart was a great working experience, there was a lot of people interaction and helped me with my social skills. this job dealt with a lot of trust, working with the merchandise in the warehouse as well as keeping counts. helped me to become an more independent young adult
Pros
happy work enviroment, very team oriented
Not worth it
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 November 2016
The job isn't worth the wage they pay. They we're cutting job left and right to add them to other job description thus making it feel like you had two job yet only one and still paid minimum wage. The manager WILL write you up for the slight miss step and don't you dare take a sick day they'll write you up regardless that you are sick or not. You don't get benifits and have to fight to get hours.

The only enjoyable part of the job I had was I was able to talk to a lot of people and had team to work with otherwise the job gets repetitive real quick
Pros
Team, Social
Cons
Cool and welcome place. CSMS and coworkers are friendly.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
Good place to work. Salary is good. Specially it being my first job. Just slight problem with shifts. As morning shifts are too early. Like 6.00. But still very nice place.

Most enjoyable part is consumers.
Pros
Schedule can still be adjusted with the CSM.
Cons
Standing for long. Would love it if there was a tall stool. 😊
an excellent organization for work and growth
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 November 2016
it was a great work experience working with walmart. a very nice organization to be with. good benefits and very coordial management.management was very supportive
no complaints
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2016
great staff and management all around awesome place to work for if your a young student to a retiring elder person they lay a fair game when it comes to staffing
Pros
all good
GREAT place to work
Pharmacy Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
I LOVED working in the pharmacy at Wal-Mart! Everybody there got along great! I became close friends with a few people there, and never had any issues with abybody. I didn't work in the dispensary, but in the OTC (Over the Counter) area of the pharmacy, and at the cash register.
Pros
Friendly staff
walmart
Stocker (Former Employee) –  various12 November 2016
This was a great job.
i really enjoyed the overnight stocking.
i recommend people try it out for themselves.
i found it rewarding.
Fun workplace, great management and environment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 November 2016
Great place to work. Good management. Low pay. Hardly room for advancement. Higher positions eliminated. Hardest part of the job is 6 jobs for 1 person. Store should hire more people especially to replace those who leave the job in each department especially that the busiest time of the year is approaching.
Productive and fun workplace withe unlimited Advancement Oppurtunites
Second Shift Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 November 2016
Productive and fun workplace withe unlimited Advancement Opportunity's.

Staff is very friendly and supportive of each other. Store Manager always checks up on associates to make sure they are happy.

Managers are very friendly and cater to your needs in terms of scheduling.
walamrt
Store standards/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
okay job learned a lot work lots of hours non appreciative upper management made all employees not feel valued and continually gave us ran work with no incentives and expected to produce better.
Toxic Work Environment
Store Standards (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 November 2016
At Walmart there are hard working employees and people that take great pride in doing a great job and going above and beyond for the customers.

Unfortunately all of their hard work goes to waste when you have have poor management. No rules are enforced, so when other employees are plainly not doing their job, the work load gets forced upon the hard working.

Plain and simple, this is not an employer that values it's employees. it does not value hard work, at the end of the day they do not care about you even if you are trying to make the store better.

Workers beware you're in for poor treatment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad Management, Hard work is punished rather than rewarded.
Productive and Safe Work Environment
Walmart Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2016
Typically I would come in and stock shelves if I have an early shift, afterwards I would swap handling of cash register with various people. My manager was very helpful with everything and I learned to communicate with people, however difficult a lot better. The hardest part of the job was probably the difficult hours, but the friends I became with my co-workers was the best part.
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 November 2016
The managers are either young & stupid or old & unsympathetic. Job security is non-existent, if they feel like letting you go, they will. They do not comply with most labour laws, and they are in court right now because of this. Just trust me, stay away, especially if you are a student as they do not think of school as a priority.
Pros
10% discount at mcdonalds
Cons
everything else
Good team, Work hard and the company takes care of you
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 November 2016
Walmart works hard to have a community atmosphere despite being a big corporate franchise, making it an overall pleasant workplace. They also try hard to work with students to help you work through school without going crazy.
Pros
Good team, flexible schedule
Cons
Holiday restrictions, trading shifts difficult
Boring
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 November 2016
They dont treat staff rigth and dont give hours. management says all different things no one is consistant no trainning mostly is figuring yourself how to do the job
Great Job and benefits
MEAT/DELI COUNTER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 November 2016
Would recommend working here, it's easy work and the staff members are always welcoming! The only downside is that some customers are a bit rude, but the independence of the job makes up for it.
Personal experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada9 November 2016
I started out young and found it hard to advance any further within the company. They gave more opportunities to people outside the company rather than within. The team I worked with didn't take their jobs as serious as I did so it was difficult to work with some individuals.
Cons
No advancement opportunities, no full-time positions ever available
productive work space. very friendly managers
Cashier/Cart Retriever/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
great place to work. easy to follow rules and regulations. managers are very friendly and always willing to help out. easy job to maintain as well as good money for inexperienced people.
E-Commerce Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2016
Great Place to work would recommend it to all, friendly people and lots of learning opportunity, anyone should definitely apply.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a