Walmart

Walmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great assocates
Photo Shop Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJune 27, 2014
Pros: working with costumers
Cons: working with costumers
was a great place to work for 24 years i worked with some great people and love my reg. costumers
friendly people, good work environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers, occasional staff lunches
Typical day included constant stock of produce, going through all items checking dates and rearranging them according to dates. Co-workers were fantastic. I learned how to constantly keep busy, always had a job to do or a task to complete.
productive, high volume workplace and fast paced
Cashier/ cosmetics associate (Former Employee), mission BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: the friendly staff
Cons: their *full time* and wage
On a day to day basis I put out stock and do price changes as well as help any customers that had any questions. Also, I learned how to time manage myself better as well as become a little more outgoing and less shy. The hardest part is prepping for inventory as well as juggling stock and customer service.
Eager to use skills learned in college
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: steady schedules
Cons: sales
I have often been complimented on my soft skills which I use often. When it comes to databases and computers I seldom have trouble as I am a quick learner in every aspect of work. I am very easy going and can get along with all clients and employees easily.
unproductive workplace
Support Manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 25, 2014
not a desirable work environment. A great many members of the management staff lacked proper knowledge and training, an overall lack of commitment in working to see the store succeed from the majority of staff and management.
Mostly Good
Produce Department (Former Employee), NanaimoJune 25, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no advancement
I enjoyed most of my days at Wal-Mart but there were definitely times where I felt depressed to be working there
work
Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee), whibtbyJune 25, 2014
very energetic fun people to work with, very caring and great with customers
summery
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edson, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
I have to give credit to walmart it is truly a good company a typical day would be getting the keys from the front taking them in the back doing counts in my department to make sure everything is still there my manager was great understanding and all very joyful my co-workers didn't quite like me a couple didn't like me but the rest enjoyed my time – more... being there the hardest part of the jobs was mods and when we had to take everything off the shelfs and put it back there the most enjoyable was relaxing and getting customers easy choices between devices they can choice lets say for a printer – less
store standards
store standards (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: lots of work hours, easy to get hired
Cons: tedious work, sad existence
working at Walmart was tough. they always needed us to work, which was good for some extra cash, but difficult if you wanted to do other activities such as sports. many of my fellow employees were really great and would work hard, but many where also terrible workers that would leave half way through their shift leaving us with more work and an unreasonable – more... time period to get it done. as an employee i felt under appreciated and frustrated with management that would not promote good workers and not reprimand bad behavior – less
fun workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee), Steinbach, MBJune 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
a typical job
didnt mind it for a highschool job
management was poor
hours were good
salary was basic
Good co-workers
Handyman (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLJune 24, 2014
I had to clean, help customers, help other employees, heavy lifting, sign off on safety checks, and other random odd jobs around the store.
electronics
Sales Associate (Former Employee), bramptonJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: low pay
worked there as I was going to school for Business
good flexible schedules for my school
worked with many members in different areas of the store
but had a very high turn over rate
Friendly enviroment setting up displays and planograms
Merchandising (Former Employee), Chatham, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: short hours
Cons: not all the stores carried the required merchandise
My day started off with a friendly smile at the door. The greeters and other staff at Walmart offer top notch quality service and did so with a warming smile. A digital camera was required for this job as I had to take before and after pictures of my work. I learned how to read planograms, fold clothing properly, change signs, and also how to match – more... the barcodes with the ones on the product. I enjoyed working with my co-workers as they offered plenty of support and help when I needed it. I enjoyed working in this friendly environment and would recommend to anyone interested in working in merchandising. – less
Lots of people to spend breaks with.
Receiver (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: management had inconsistencies in instruction.
The routine was nice if somewhat repetitive but it kept me busy and moving and that's good. I learned how to operate power equipment used to lift and move heavy loads of merchandise safely. Co-workers were the best part, they understand you, and are usually more than willing to help if they can.
Great place to work for
Cashier/Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: profit sharing cheques twice a year
Cons: not enough scheduled hours
Co-workers are very helpful. A fast paced environment due to large volume of customers on a daily basis.
fun place to work with lots of open doors.
Customer Service specialist (Current Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABJune 22, 2014
Pros: discount! love that
Cons: rude people that come in especially in the summer!
My experience at Walmart here in Sylvan Lake is on a good note, I do find its very productive and you learn lots that require your daily everyday job and the duties in different departments all around you. Customer Service is very important especially working in retail the main thing I always remember is that " Customers are always right" no matter – more... wat situation It is or how much u disagree with situations, you need to treat Customers the way you would like to be treated. Management at Walmart are .. well... depends on the person really, they are very nice people tho and sometimes fun to work with.

My Co workers are another story... I LOVE THEM!!! such an amazing team to work with and honestly have made lots of friends while being at Walmart. The hardest part of the job id say would be making sure you get all duties required on a daily everyday work day done by the end of the day but shouldn't be too hard to handle if you work hard such as myself.

Working at Walmart its not always just hard stuff you gotta think of, its he positive fun stuff you can do as well. Example: talking to people and learning stuff from them is actually a lot of fun, I love helping people and listening to what they have to say, if you treat them with respect, they will return the favor. Just be yourself and everything will be great! – less
Walmart- A decent place of work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 21, 2014
Walmart is a great place to work as a student. They are very flexible with scheduling, and they will work with your school schedule. Everyone who works here are generally very nice.
Busy work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
When I started at Walmart I did enjoy working there. I enjoyed my department (fashion and infants) I was part-time but they had me work full-time hours but wouldn't upgrade me to full-time. My co-workers had to be the greatest part of my job and why I stayed as long as I did.
The hardest part of my job was the managers. when you had a problem they did – more... not deal with the situation in a professional manner (if they dealt with it at all) they were very unorganized, and they didn't care about your needs (if you booked any days off or not, they would go ahead and schedule you). – less
Great Job
stocking, cashier (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 20, 2014
Pros: great deals
Cons: not enough hours
I loved this job. Everyone gave me a p^leaseure to work there. It was a great experience.
Productive but can be stressful at times especially at month-end.
Imaging Associate/AP Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2014
Pros: coaches care in your well being and try to accommodate whenever possible.
Cons: management do not understand you responsibilities
Learnt multitasking, working under pressure and within specific time frames.
Interruptions
Friendly atmosphere
Sometimes recognition for jobs well done. assisting others to complete assignment while staying on target with yours. Accomplishments.
Family is a very important factor in it's culture. There is time for fun and relaxation as well.

About Walmart

Walmart Canada is the Canadian unit of Wal-Mart and was founded in 1994 in Mississauga, Ontario with the purchase of the Canadian – Read more