Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 5, 2015
It was great fun. I would have a lot of 9 hour shift. i was required to sell mastercards and a lot of pressure is placed on this part of the job.
Productive and Fun.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 4, 2015
It was an overall good experience. I learned a lot about having the manager role. I had fun at work as well as some tough times dealing with customers and habits but it was all worth it for the experience I have now.
Productive and fun place to work
Instock associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines OntarioJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Early Mornings
Cons: Unloading trucks
we would come in to work, put personal items in our lockers, punch time cards and proceed to the back room. Then we would start binning overstock, until the 10 o clock picks dropped.

The afternoon we would set up the backroom for the afternoon deliveries.

This place was a fun place to work
Great workplace for retail experience
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), London OntarioJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Freedom to take allotted breaks at own discretion
Cons: Dealing with irate people, whether customer, coworker, or management
Day shifts would consist of setting up merchandise displays, maintaining the shelves with more product, cleaning up the aisles, helping customers, keeping records of cleaning and inspecting, and other miscellaneous tasks. Nights would be similar but with the addition of unloading the daily trucks. In the later years evening shifts would be hectic after 7 as the in-stock team would often be understaffed which would require floor associates in the grocery department to work in tandem with the in-stock team by assisting and working as an in-stock associate. Variety was an opportunity as multiple departments often needed help, so once the tasks of my own department were finished I gained experience with other departments. Management was very hit or miss as some managers were great, while others were infamously awful. Similarly co-workers were hit or miss, however most would get their jobs done, with problem employees being the exception rather than the rule. The work environment was overall pleasant. The most frustrating part of the job was the miscommunication of priority of tasks by management as it would make an employee seem less professional to certain managers for not completing certain tasks because of listening to my direct manager. The most enjoyable part of my job was working as a team to accomplish large jobs as it was satisfying to accomplish such a job in that time.
Great co-workers, not so great management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmondhill on,July 3, 2015
Pros: awesome support from other co-workers
Cons: no hours
Walmart is a great store. I love working there because of the great people i work with. The management needs to set up and learn there roles maybe get trained again.
I have learned a lot about Retail
HRIS Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: more paid
Cons: long traveling
I have to work hard and learned that Wal-Mart Canada have employ more than 60000 people in their stores. My co-workers is okay.
Exciting place to be...
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee), Yorkton, SKJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Paid Breaks
Cons: Nothing to say..loved to do
It has always been dream to work for biggest company and always get chance to learn something new everyday. best experience ever to serve customer and make them happy its like spreading smile all day..
Culture friendly
Cashier and Shoes Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Amazing co-workers
Cons: So many difficult costumers to deal with
Wal-Mart hire many people of different cultures, races and religions. They are respectful of each other's differences and also celebrates them.
Walmart
sales associate (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: I loved the people I worked with.
Cons: There wasnt any cons.
A typical day at work was, unloading pick carts, getting my returns from customer servous. Later in the day I would get my returns done. Depending on the hours I was working I would go into the back and help get things prepared for the night crew.
Management was good always help full, dedicated to giving the customers the best experience.
My co-workers were great. Always there to lend a helping hand when needed.
The hardest part of my job was lifting some of the heavier boxes.
The most enjoyable part of my job was everything
Left after only 6 months
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: None that are worth the way you are treated
Cons: see review
Shifts are horrible
Management is treated horrendously
Daily threats of discipline
Upper management is condescending to all associates
Walmart.
Photo Lab Technician and Electronics Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: diversity
Cons: budgets and scheduling
Working part time at Walmart is like almost like working at any other job. Walmart is great with hiring employees of different backgrounds, race, and age. Walmart is one of the few companies that does not discriminate or judge wrongfully when hiring. The best part of the job is meeting customers and helping them. The hardest part of the job is being under staffed due to budgets and scheduling. The managers at Walmart are friendly for the most part. They encourage employees to strive for the best and gives advice on how to go move higher up within the Company. Every day there are group meetings which allow associates to be aware of things such as new products, sales, goals, stock prices, accidents, and other rules/tips. Walmart includes both part time and full time associates in celebrations such as BBQs, Pot Lucks, Charities...etc, which is good because it makes everyone come together and communicate as one store.
It was okay for the most part
Stocking/Produce Associate (Former Employee), Thornhill, OntarioJuly 1, 2015
Pros: good family type setting
Cons: not the best management
I worked in the produce department, I had past experience in the department. I worked for longos before working here, and this is why they gave me a chance. I was able to prove myself fairly quickly. This job revolved around stocking shelves on the sales floor and answering customer inquiries. As for co-workers, I only had 3 others working with but the way the schedules worked, the department would only have one person closing the department at night time. The hardest part of the job was having to clear out a trailer of new deliveries every night on my own and having to stock it in the cooler, while still tending to customer needs on the sales floor. The best part of the job was the fact that for the most part employees were friendly with one another, and were able to help out in different departments (although it was not a part of their job description.)
Productive and effective workplace
Customer service specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg,MBJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work always start with new excitement and new expectations. I had learned a lot about workplace culture and expectations. A best example of ideal management which is good in everything.Most enjoyable crew till this date to work with them.The hardest part of the job is carrying heavy stuff sometimes but otherwise there is nothing to do hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work according to customers wishes and management expectations.
Great team to work for
Back office (Current Employee), AlbertAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible, room for advancement, paid vacations, and excellent store manager
Cons: Low pay
Yes, the pay is not great, BUT, being a single mom of 4 children, I have to say the support and understanding I get from my co workers is unbeatable. I feel that the flexibility I have to be a mother first makes up for the low pay. If my kids are ill, the management understand I have to stay home to take care of them. Without repercussion.
I have worked a job in the past that I was written up for missing time due to my children. And the stress was not worth it. When the kids are sick, you can't take them to daycare. And not having family around to help means I have to stay home. I love the management at Wal-Mart for allowing me the freedom to be there for my children and not feel like I am in trouble for it. If your dedicated and work hard for your team, they will work just as hard and be dedicated to you!

And what retail place do you get hired on that you don't have to work weekends? Even banks are open weekends now!
great place
Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: nothing
great company alot of potencial to move forward with in the company excelent management great discounts at all walmarts excellent hours and schedules great people to work with
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
Learned a lot about retail, what great customer service is about. Management was pretty chill. I enjoyed the fact that I got to interact with my mangers daily. The best part of the job was the interaction I had with customers, and being able to provide them with the best customer service possible.
productive place to work
Vision Center Associate (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: 10% employee discount
Cons: Very low pay
At Walmart you interact with great variety of people. very interracial. busy, busy and busy
My co-workers are very dedicated.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with peoples behaviors and many demands.
Flexible work schedule; long hours; room to grow
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 29, 2015
Overall, Walmart is a great place to work for part-time minimum wage workers. They offer flexible scheduling, although some days can have very long hours like on the weekends, room for advancement with any store, multiple job openings, the management team is sometimes professional depending on who you come in contact with on a daily basis but otherwise friendly and willing to help.
Good people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. Once the learning period was over, I got into the job. I think I'm a natural cashier. It was difficult to deal with some customers at times, but there's always someone there to help.
Celebrate events
Grocery Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2015
I was happy to note that Walmart celebrate the event of each culture. They arrange free food and greetings on such occasions. The working environment was so friendly

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more