Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,172 reviews matching the search
great staff
Automotive Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSSeptember 12, 2016
great staff to work for fun job, got to work multiple deparments but the bad thing is is their policies, if you work hard easy to get raises and advance withing the company
Pros
good breaks and holiday hours
Cons
not many hours after the holidays
Great place to wok and learn knowledge of the retail industry
Overnight Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON as well as Sault Ste marie ONSeptember 12, 2016
When I started at Walmart I was an overnight stocker which got me more in tune with the store surroundings. From there I moved up to overnight support manager which entitled the same duties as an assistant manager I was a key holder. I overlooked the staff all aspect of shipping receiving as well as all stock and zoning that was required. The biggest thing Ive learned from Walmart would be time management.
Great work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work is scripted to the letter. The workplace rules instill discipline and orderliness. I always signed in and reported to duty with pride.
Pros
10% off merchandises
Cons
down times could feel very long.
Customer Service is a never ending cycle of interesting people and situations.
Courtesy Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 11, 2016
Typical day of work is taking care of the customers and cashiers. Making sure everything is running smoothly for all the tills and customer service desk.
I have learned there is very interesting people out there and they are always looking for the best deal.
I valve my co-workers. They are all very supportive of each other.
The hardest part of the job is when the customer leaves not satisfied with our help.
The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing a smile to the customer.
Great place to work.
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 11, 2016
Co-workers are very helpful and enjoyable to work with. Hardest part of job is lifting and working in the freezer. Management is very easy to work with.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Connection Center and Electronics (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2016
Good workplace to develop necessary job skills and leadership, responsibility. Makes person competitive and develops positive behavior at work.

I have only worked for Walmart for a short time, although my time here has been very enlightening. The job functions are very easy, it does have a small learning curve. The training provided was top notch, overall I believe this is a great place to work.
horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 10, 2016
I did not enjoy working at Wal Mart at all. The people i worked with were nice but the bosses were nor very efficient. it was an ok and had a flexible schedule but other than that it was not a very fun and enjoyable place to work
productive
DSD Receiver (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 9, 2016
Pros
positive work environment
Great work exprience
Customer service specialist (electroncs) (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABSeptember 9, 2016
on a normal day it would be pretty slow the walmart that i worked at was in a very small town, but i learned how retail works and working with customers isnt that bad, youll get the angry person from time to time, thankfully i can handle them.
the hardest part of working at walamart was working with my co worker he was always rude to customers and they didnt like going to him so i had to take care of everyone,
the best part of the job was when there was something new to do where i had to learn it then teach it
Pros
IF* full time you get great health benefits and other perks
Cons
a barely livable wage
productive
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 8, 2016
good place for a part time job. enjoyable staff and and managements. long hours and lots of. employees get a 10% discount of merchandise so that is a plus and on sundays half of the lunch is paid by wall-mart
Pros
flexibility on time
horriable place
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2016
Was super bad place to work. I was going to high school when I worked there and told them I couldn't work pass 10 since I had to take the bus home. They still made me work till 11 and wouldn't approve my time off and told me I couldn't go otherwise I will be fired. So I quit.
solid chain to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABSeptember 8, 2016
For a large conglomerate to work for, Walmart is great. With all of ongoing training provide you never feel unprepared. There is always opportunity to advance your career with Walmart. Great healthcare, financial and incentive packages.
Welcome to Walmart, where job titles are made up and the employees don't matter.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 8, 2016
Within my first month at Walmart I was being left alone for entire shifts in my department, I felt as though I didn't have sufficient training for the situation.

Throughout my time working there several workplace incidents occurred (harassment, etc), human resources refused to step in.

It has been more than eighteen months since I relocated and terminated my employment, and I'm still struggling to get my last paycheck.

However, I made lifelong friends at Walmart, and appreciative customers really make the job worth it.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
human resources, payment, management, working conditions, loose ethics
Productive and Fun Working Place
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PESeptember 8, 2016
Work with fun,Team working, Customer expectation, Fast and Accurate customer service, Flexible timing, getting almost 40 hours per week, flexible lunch time, Employment benefits
Pros
Flexible Timing
Cons
Long shift
very productive, team effort, and serious when it comes to getting the job done
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 7, 2016
customer would come in and out, no problems are created when dealing with the customers. learned how to deal with customers, time management, and how to work well with others. standing for hours because management wasn't great was the hardest part of the job. with breaks and most enjoyable would be dealing with my nice customers and working with the employees.
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
dealing with management
ok place
Warehouse/ in stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTSeptember 7, 2016
not a bad place to work if you don't have a family. the pay is low. people are very nice. but there are to many managers giving orders.
pretty boring job. not much training
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay
Managers are spinning and Corporate is unconcerned
Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 7, 2016
I learned how to think for myself, how to regulate tasks and how to lead a team mostly through my typical day being the "reliable one" of my department. Management is mostly on the level, but as always favouritism is a problem and some managers and associates were too close and gained too many benefits from such relationships. Furthermore managers often showed themselves to be ineffective at even basic things such as maintaining the schedules and dealing with irate customers, often pawning off those management duties in low-rung associates. That said, the best part of the job was the ground-level staff, they are kind and welcoming and the job itself was quite simple, if unfulfilling.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Management particularly upper management being ineffective
Good student job
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Very easy work, decent hours to be given to staff. Good staff to work with. Management was also helpful and good to their staff. Lots of room to move up.
Pros
Easy work, friendly staff/customers, good shifts times
Cons
min. wage, very little benifits
Poor work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Poor to bad Management, company requires open availability yet the hours range from 28 hours to 12 hours a week. Deal with bad customers and continue returned items, damaged products.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No benefits, or paying towards taxes and c.p.p. with low hours.
Brantford Walmart - Awful place to work
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Brantford Walmart night shift. Worst possible place to work. Management have no clue how to run the night shift. They strictly rely on rats who sneak around the store, spy and spread vicious rumours about employees. Night management favours these few employees by taking very long brakes and giving them the easiest jobs. Those employees who do not meet criteria of management, are persecuted and centered out.
Female managers think everyone and everything in the store is their property. Everyone is treated like children.
Brakes are called only when manager feels she wants to go out in front of the store. It's ridiculous. And if they don't get their way, they trow a tantrum.
My 5 year old daughter is more mature.
Their child like behaviour is tiring and unacceptable.
Horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor work conditions, poor wages.