Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,865 reviews matching the search
fantastic
Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 13, 2016
highly recommend needed better work life balance. Great people very organized. Above average pay but be prepared to work hard
Not a good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJune 11, 2016
It was good working there if I was aloud to work autonomously but the management from other departments go out of their way to ruin your day by making you do their stuff for them. If management actually cared about their employees I would enjoy working there.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Ignorant/disrespectful staff
walmart is a great place to work
Management (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABJune 11, 2016
I loved working at Walmart

some managers were great and others need to go back to school
I enjoyed leading a team and was let to run the receiveing for 5.5 years never went high shrink loved it
Pros
none really
Cons
alot to do
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 10, 2016
It is a good starter job. I love meeting new people everyday there. Most customers were really nice if I was nice to them. My co-works were great, most helped out a lot when needed.
Pros
Free food on pay day
Cons
Hours were never the same
productive constant hours
maintenance cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 10, 2016
good place to work at. cleaning and multi-tasking at cardboard crushing, making bales,and other general labourer work. Customer service industry helping people.
Pros
constant hours
Cons
despite it was overnight, i was able to adapt..
The coffee and donuts or ice cream when it is warm
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BCJune 9, 2016
I enjoy my job. The people that I work with are great, but you sometimes get frustrated with the amount of hoops you have to jump through to donate item to local charities or groups.
Pros
You get bbq's and other food products for safe days
Cons
Long days, communication not very good sometimes
Hard work with good benefits but low wages
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 9, 2016
Great for young person as entry level management. Hard work and your immediate management will make or break this position for employee. Culture on paper is great but reality in workplace is not the same. With proper support to advance you by management could be a great position but due to shortage of takers you may be stuck in position for years.
Pros
Lots of hours available for this position
Cons
Long road for advancement
productive fast paced work place
Over nights stocker and skid puller (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 9, 2016
It was not bad overall. I had learned alot through the years of being at Walmart and was good work experience in a fast paced environment. My average day would be unloading trucks, stocking hardware/food and unloading skids
Check the telzon. Walk my area, and front face, straighten. Make notes of things to do.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Heritage Mall, South Edmonton CommonJune 9, 2016
Put out stock, condense, and put new merchandise to the front.
How to merchandise, doing mark ups and mark downs, signing, plan-o-grams.
Very helpful,and giving a list of what needed to be done. And a good time frame to accomplish.
Coworkers were good to work with, helpful when not busy to put out stock.
Store change overs. But I am a hard worker and need to be busy.
Customer service, I enjoyed being able to help a customer find what they wanted. And showing them the areas they could find merchandise.
Pros
Given a time to get specified jobs done. And thanked for a job well done.
Cons
Not knowing where something is in a busy area
A very challenging place to work
Courtesy Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABJune 9, 2016
Walmart was a good place to work because you're always busy doing several tasks on your shift, you didn't have time to be bored. It was a learning experience for me because this was the first franchise store I worked for in wainwright.
productive workplace
remarkable customer service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 9, 2016
Walmart is a fast paced and fun place to work at. the people there are kind but hot tempered. a typical day at work is going home with someone yelling in your face for no reason.
This was terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 8, 2016
The customers treat you terribly, the managers don't know what their doing, and nothing works properly. Employees get a 15% discount but that only becomes a bonus when your purchase as high otherwise it only covers the tax.
It was a good experienced
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cowansville, QCJune 8, 2016
It was a good experience. But I work the graveyard shift and that was the only hard and bad part about working there. Everyone was very friendly. I started off as a cleaning lady then I went too stocking shelfs.
Pros
it was full time
Cons
graveyard shift
not as good as it seems
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 7, 2016
not as comfortable and very slow advancement even after good performance. Also limited help is given after joining and a lot of pressure with no benefits for part time workers even after a high work load day after day. Only full timers benefit
Walmart Review
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 6, 2016
Typically busy during the day and less busy at night shifts. A typical day consists of zoning, stocking, cashing and helping costumers out.
Bad workplace - It's Retail what do you expect?
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 4, 2016
Management can be nice, but they don't understand scheduling, especially for part-time workers. Salary is minimum (expected), can get really crowded, fast paced, and often managers act like jerks.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Management and wages are really, really horrible
Relaxed and Fun Place to Work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ONJune 3, 2016
Interacting with customers was definitely one of the best parts of the job, and every day was a new day. Co-workers were also very friendly and upper management worked hard to ensure a very relaxed environment for customers and staff alike. The hardest part of the job was during what we considered busy season in "the Beach" when all the tourists come from all over to enjoy the largest fresh water beach in the world. Line-ups would start at cash registers and be backed up half way through the store. If you're familiar with Wasaga Beach and it;s tourism industry, you know why! But it was a great place to work and if I didn't have family matters to attend to back home I would of gladly stayed.
Routine
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  kelsey driveJune 3, 2016
Pretty routine from one day to the next. I really don't have much to say. Retail was not my ideal type or work. I have nothing further to add to what I have already said about this.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
dealing with unnpleasant customers
receiver
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 3, 2016
receiving the food truck and unload the trucks. pulling all products to the floor by using power jack and some hands carriers to some difference department. helping the costumers at the store to find what they are looking for,
fun experience
Photo shoot, customer service, cashier (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BCJune 2, 2016
only worked 5 weeks was still in training but from being there it was fun. i love photography. there was always different people coming in.
Pros
photography
Cons
still in training