Walmart
48,952 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company to work for but lots of changes and somre stress
claims associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: some stress
I arrived early everyday and started work on my work according to priority. I have learned to be flexible to change and to work harmoniously. My co-workers and myself worked well together. I found sometimes the stress level high but I had good work hours..
i love the job but the pay should be better for some....the one who apply themselves and be a team player.
C.S.M. customer service manager (Current Employee), kensington rd. Estevan Sask.June 4, 2015
Pros: stocks, profit sharing
Cons: not consistant with rules and regulations.
I love the job, customers, co-workers, and most of management. My typical day is to make sure change is at all tills in a timely manner. Count the floats of each till set for the day. Do price checks if – more... needed, make sure the customers have a good experience at the store and leave satisfied as possible. My co-workers are great, we have fun yet get the job done. The hardest part of my job is making everyone happy. The best thing about my job is I get to talk and get to know customers as they are a person not a buyer. – less
Labour Job
Temporary Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJune 3, 2015
meet and greet customers, as they are buying their products
asking them"did you find everything your looking for"
some great co-workers
worst part is when customers ask to pay by different methods
Walmart is amazing
analyst (Current Employee), missaugaJune 3, 2015
Great place to work. Friendly helpful people. Kind & gentle leadership. Great Christmas parties and events. Work life balance is exceptional.
A good temporary workplace until better opportunities arise.
General Warehousing Labourer (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeJune 3, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Everything other than co-workers
Occasional meetings at the beginning of shifts (nights) followed by working in the area you're told to work in (irregular jobs).
Nothing learned. Very simple work.
Management is terrible, after talking – more... with people from many different locations, mangement is always poor. They don't care about the employees and will treat employees poorly.
Nothing bad about the co-workers, generally great people.
Hardest part of the job is management and pay.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. – less
easy going workplace
3rd shift in-stock/unloader (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: recognition for jobs well done
Cons: horrible scheduling
a typical day of work at Wal-Mart- get to work, clock in and go to the loading bay, have a team meeting designate roles for the day and begin unloading and sorting freight from the truck onto pallets according – more... to departments. I learned how to use telzons for binning and picking merchandise, good time management skills, as well as good customer service. the management at Walmart is very easy going. the hardest part of the job was being short staffed. most enjoyable part of the job was finishing up at the end of the night knowing you've completed everything properly and on time. – less
Productive, Can be Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONJune 2, 2015
Willing to teach and expanding you learning. Can be fasted Pasted. Work in different areas of the store. Co-workers switch a lot, management is willing to work with you.
good place to work
Advertising Control Coordinator (Marketing) (Former Employee), missisauga, ontJune 2, 2015
Pros: christmas parties, department gatherings
Enjoyed working with Wal-Mart for almost 22 years, had great experience in working in a fast paced environment with customers within the office and also at store level.
Very much productive and multitasking
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), 1900 Eglington Ave EastJune 1, 2015
Pros: Having breaks at own time
Cons: Getting Less hours
Interacting directly with customers and Solving related problems
Co-operate with co-workers as an when required, Handling cash and
Helping management for safety.

Hardest part of the job is to cope with customers temperament
The most enjoyable part is to serve a customer with entire satisfaction.
fun and busy have a lounge where you can relax
Sales Associate/Cashier in the Pharmacy (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 1, 2015
Pros: Early hours
Cons: late nights
I am second to the department manager of pharmacy. My co-workers are great the ones that I work with. I mostly work with the dept. manager and we always are having fun. There is always something to do stock, zoning, and cleaning.
productive and friendly work enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 30, 2015
The management team of Walmart is really helpful, no matter how many questions i ask they don not get mad at me, the associated are very cheerful and everyone works really hard to see their company in number.1 position in the retail business. the most fun part in wrk is that you get to know a lot of people, thus increasing my customer skills and communication skills.
Front End
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: hour lunch breaks
Cons: not enough staff
If you had to go to the washroom you had to put a reason code in the the register so someone could come n relieve u and could wait 20 minutes. Part-timers should have weekends off too. Not very family orientated.
Exciting Place
Cashier (Current Employee), Woodbridge,ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: LUNCH
Cons: Only 10% discount//Lack of communication
My typical day at work would be to put on my uniform, and speak to a "CSM" for guidance on what register to attend to, i would spend 2.5 OR 3 hours on my cash register until its my first 15min break.  – more...
After my break i attend my usual cash register, help more costumers, then "ZONE" a term for organizing or tiding up my section or if there is no line i would clean all the registers, just to keep the place looking presentable and organized: employees and customers don't get hurt or feel the place isn't pleasant.Co-workers dont usually help eachother out until you are in the same group of "race" or "interests" I think most coworkers will throw eachother under the bus just so they can reach the top (management) the people i interact with the most are the most welcoming and helpful ones, they are the ones i think should be treated better because of their thrive.Hardest part of my job would be attitude, i personally cannot handle someones attitude i usually don't bite my tongue so when a customer or employee is giving me a hard time it super hard for me to bite my tongue.It works but its extremely hard. – less
Its like shopping there
Hardware and Electronics Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hour long lunches!
Cons: The very definition of vanilla retail work, don't be the one to clean the bathrooms
You will learn about how to exactingly arrange store shelf tags every year to fit new items, then have to creatively fit items to them due to stocking fluctuations of returns after sales finish.

I surprised – more... an actual policewoman with a tale, but usually the customers range from new-electronics-buyers to quick-purchasers stereotypical to retail workers.

Good place to learn cash-work, electronics, a little of everything, plenty of second-job takers or mothers working part-time as coworkers. Everyone has something to teach. – less
interesting place to work
Customer Service/Fashion Processor (Former Employee), EtobicokeMay 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: no overtime
stocking, put away overstock
taking care of customers
communication important between
management and associates
hardest part lifting
enjoy when customers leave happy
walmart
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 28, 2015
good job
learn stuff
good talking to people
laring others
and understading other
have ing fun with with the
lots of moving boxes and other s
A place of personal development
Facilities Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 28, 2015
Pros: An energectic, fast-paced setting that was stimulating and challenging.
Cons: A large corporate setting, challenged by a changing marketplace.
Across the 19 years at the Walmart Canada Home Office I grew professionally. In particular my 'soft' skills when operating not only within a department setting but with other departments, satellite offices, – more... store teams, vendors, government bodies and the public. The main lesson I took away that, whatever your position is professionally, you have a customer. The key to success is realizing that customer and placing your focus on meeting their needs. Also required is an ability to react to, re-prioritize and address multiple tasks on a frequent, often emergency basis. I believe these skills are transferable to the Credit Valley Hospital environment. – less
great co-workers,fun envorment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 28, 2015
got along with fellow co-workers.
enjoyed doing my job.
enjoyed seeing clean,full shelves when my shift was done.
liked how fast my managers solved a problem.
Busy environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 27, 2015
As a cashier, I would provide customer service at the register. I would keep the work area clean and help keep isles clean.

I have learned how to provide friendly customer service and have casual conversations – more... with customers, while quickly and effectively cashing them out, to enhance their experience.

The hardest part of the job was convincing customers to apply for a Walmart Master Card. This seemed to annoy customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers in a friendly manner, and provide excellent customer services that leaves them with a smile on their face. – less
to much for to little
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: small pay for a large list of expected work.
I tried working at walmart to avoid seasonal layoffs but after moving around to some of the other jobs available by them I found that it wasn't really a fit for me. I found there was little appreciation for the work that was done and a very small sense of accomplishment.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more