Walmart
38,919 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly working environment and flexible schudules
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules and friendly environment
Cons: they do not provide so much hours
i really love Walmart where i am working right now. Most of my co_workers are so friendly and enthusiastic. We are ready to help each other when one of us got any trouble during working time without any hesitation. i also like the managers there because they deeply understand us. We are a big wonderful family in Walmart. After almost a half of year – more... working in Walmart,i have not got any difficulties or any complain about what i did. I enjoy what i am doing now. – less
enthusiastic workplace
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Mumford Rd , HalifaxNovember 18, 2014
Pros: an ever growing appreciation for all people
Cons: systems that would often fail
i enjoyed the interaction with the customers helping them search out the best options for their prints and photo gifts
For the pay, the work isn't worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milton, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers fun to work with
Cons: more often than not, customers are mean and condescending
Typical day:
- assist cashiers during busy times
- clean, zone departments
- stock shelves
- provide customer service

managers don't know your name most of the time. A lot of favoritism occurs, so it is difficult to move up the company
Safe environment and a professionally delightful place to work
Stocking Assistant (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABNovember 17, 2014
Pros: learned many things
Cons: working for long hours is stressing
It was a pleasure working at walmart. I experienced and learned alot of new things there. The information about various products. Most importantly i learned organization skills. The management of Walmart is very well organized. The co-workers are well engaged in their duties and fulfill their duties with responsibility.
Better experience for me than a lot of other people I know who work there
Back-Up Lead Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of great people
Cons: difficult customers
Typical retail job, however, the pay is a bit more competitive than other retailers. If you're looking to work somewhere that will guarantee a lot of hours, and therefore, big paycheques relative to other retailers, then this is definitely the place to work. I always recommend it to students looking for a summer job, if they can put up with difficult – more... customers and are fine sacrificing their evenings and weekends.

Management will always support the customer when it comes to returns, which defeats the whole purpose of the store policy. You also hear a lot of contradictory things from management because it is such a large group of people. While I do feel like my voice is heard, I know there are a lot of others who do not feel this way--but this may have more to do with my assertiveness and my work ethic compared to others.

The best part of the job is, because there are so many employees, you are bound to make a lot of friendships. I've seen intimate relationships form at Walmart, and I myself have made lifelong friends here. This is a big motivational factor for a lot of the younger employees to continue working at Walmart, despite the difficulties they encounter.

Another benefit is that it is not difficult to move up in the company/shift job positions, just as long as strong members of management see you as a reliable and good worker--emphasis on this latter part of my statement. Depending on who you impress, and as long as you haven't committed any faults, moving up is fairly easy. However, there is a large majority of people who end up stuck in their primary position because employees' faults are remembered and are always looming over their heads. I myself have worked in multiple departments, as a cashier, as a customer service representative, and finally a customer service manager, with a promotion to back-up lead customer service manager.

Working here definitely teaches you patience, and how to comminucate with different types of people -- to put things nicely.

While I did mention that the pay was better than other retailers, I do wish the pay was better, by at least $2 more per hour. The job of customer service manager can be very physically and emotionally exhausting when you have cashiers and customer service representatives who do not know what they're doing and difficult customers. However, there are rare times where you'll have the most competent cashiers and customer service representatives and have no difficult customers, and you wish days like that came more often. – less
Simple mindless work
Customer service (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCNovember 17, 2014
Easy to do, poor hours, customers can be more aggressive, managers work on moral
Fun place to work
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABNovember 17, 2014
Pros: met a lot of people
Cons: long hours
work under pressure, make sure that product met the client standards.
I learned to work as a team and improved my customer service skills
Alright place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 16, 2014
It is an alright place to work. Management is okay, but could be greatly improved. I'm really good friends with many of my fellow co-workers, and enjoy working with them. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the lack of communication from my fellow associates as well as management, as well as having to complete 3+ skids on your own, which I don't – more... complain, and successfully complete. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some my co-workers, as well as the fact that I can help customers and make them happy. – less
horrible work place
overnight stocker (Former Employee), regentNovember 15, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
pathetic excuse of management team
all managers try to out power each other
if you do something for 1 manager, another 1 will yell at you
helping customers in other departments is a huge NO
managers hate when you do more then expected for a customer
if a customer tells you, your more helpful then a veteran worker, that
worker will try to get you written – more... up
most stockers hide expired food(s) in the back of the shelves so they don't have to take time to properly discard it – less
Working overnight at Walmart
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 15, 2014
Pros: work while the store is closed, can get alot done
Cons: work late at night
i learned a lot goes on inside Walmart long after the doors close. I learned to work under pressured times, like Christmas. I also learned how to appease things to merchendising, and customer satisfaction
Meh
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONNovember 15, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: not the best place to work
Was ok for work and certain people are ok to work with that know their job.
fun work place
Electronics associate (Current Employee), Stephenville, NLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good home life and work balance
Cons: few hours after the new years
typical day at work mostly consist with costumer service
ive learned how to show proper costumer service skills to keep the costumers satisfied and happy.
management is decent
co-workers are great fun to work with and have great knowledge
hardest part of my job is working alone on a very busy job other than that it is easy and fun
most enjoyable part – more... of my job is being around my co-workers – less
Walmart is a good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Laval, QCNovember 14, 2014
Walmart is a good place to work, if you are interested in working in a dynamic environment with plenty of challenges.
Productive, enjoyable surroundings
Shop Management (Former Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 14, 2014
Enjoyed working in that environment. Co workers were kind and helpful. Disappointed that the vehicle aspect of Walmart was removed from stores.
productive work environment....fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the 10% discount you get when you work there
Cons: have none
I really enjoyed working there got along with my co workers. enjoyed chatting with customers. I liked how well the mangers and duty managers would help me when needed..they really do know how to make you feel like your a part of a team.
Enjoyable Place to Work
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fast paced, customer service.
Cons: physically straining.
Walmart was an enjoyable place to work.
I stocked shelves and provided customer assistance.
Management was very supportive.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job I did there was being able to know the locations of hundreds of products so as to provide proper service to lost customers.
The most enjoyable part was helping – more... customers find things, or referring them to similar or better products. – less
a hard working crew
Clerk, Backroom instock (Former Employee), Prince George, BCNovember 12, 2014
A shift for me is usually:
seperate freight for the foods department. (i.e- cereal would be placed on a skid designated to an aisle for cereal)
I had learned to recognise the products for all aisles of the food deparement and location of such product in that corrisponding aisle.
The management were trustworthy. (i.e- they would set a plan and leave – more... you to yourself)
The hardest part of the day was dealing with the immature associates.
The most enjoyable part was the down time with fellow associates who made the job more fun than it can be. – less
Great place to work.
Department Manager (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABNovember 11, 2014
Great working place. I made lots of good friend. learn lot from great management.
Good place to start to work as customer service
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: slow pay increase, too much pressure
helps to be efficient to work as a customer service or as a sales associate
Department Sales Manager (Current Employee), Port Elgin, ONNovember 11, 2014
Always a busy place, always something new to learn. Great co workers

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more