Walmart Employee Reviews

Mismanaged and Opressive
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 November 2017
The management team is shuffled constantly so building a rapport with your manager is useless as they will be working in another dept or another store within 6 months. the store manger micromanages in the weirdest way possible and tells us to ignore head office directives. I even had her once say to my face that "well im your boss and i sign your cheques so you better dam (language filter) well do as i say"

the atmosphere is horrible and the benefits don't exist beside a 10% discount on purchases, they refuse to hire new staff fearing the upcoming minimum wage hike and don't know how to schedule, constantly leaving a single associate to cover the back half of the store.

If I could warn anyone against applying for a job at walmart, I would.
Pros
10% discount...
Cons
everything else
It is an okay job if you need one
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 November 2017
The people make this job. The duties are that which you expect and management can be overbearing and downright disrespectful on occasion, with some very note worthy exceptions, but the people you work with are really good folks for the most part. Some may not show up to work but when they are there, they are great to work with.
Pros
People
Cons
Managment
Productive work place
Associate Stocker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2017
I learned the basics in what is happening in a supermarket. i learned to perform merchandising, receiver and inventory associate. Advancement is slow if you can not speak french.
Stressful and not accepting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON25 November 2017
A typical day as a cashier at Walmart involves getting scratched by diaper boxes, hurting your back and being yelled at by customers. It's okay for an entry-level job, but working there is terrible when you get yelled at by everyone.
Cons
Long hours, angry customers
About my Expirience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2017
My experience working at Wal-Mart was overall a good experience. But it was to much of a fast paced job for me being a cashier there. I enjoyed all the hours i got and the management of that company.
Great people but poor management.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2017
overall it was a great place to learn new skills. the company itself was great the only downfall was the location i was at was the location that was used to train new store managers. this effected the store moral significantly because each trainee made many changes that they thought would help profits and many of their ideas failed and we were all held responsible and it also made our profit sharing cheque at the end of each year lower then other locations.
fun
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
meet a great management team no benefits not bad pay, perfect team very organized on how we ran our department. got along very among each other always cracking jokes and boosting each other
Good start to my career
Tire and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2017
Job is interesting and fun, work colleagues are great and fun to work with. salary is pretty low, not many benefits, job sometimes is slow and lacks work.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
bad pay
a typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB24 November 2017
Typical day at work such as heritage would be getting my cart organized with sheets , bags , soaps , towels and other beding arrangements. First thing I would clean in a room would be the bed , I would remake the bed or perhaps change the sheets if necessary.
After the bed i would dust off the counters , clean the mirrors I would then vaccuum the rug. When the bedroom is all tidy I would change my attention to the bathroom. Where I would scrub the toilet , the bathtub even the sink. After my scrbbing duties I would then mop the floor. After that room I would proceed the next rooms that need to be cleaning.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
people who dont flush toilets
exciting place to work many perks, room to advance to management.
Warehouse Worker - Shipping (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2017
Good place to work and advance in career. must have good communication skills, have to deal with different team leaders and team member, from different departments.
Pros
every day you learn new techology
Cons
heavy lifting / long standing hours
over stressed employees
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
over worked, underpaid, unreal expectations of employees. management does not take care of their employees. the good ones get pushed out the door, while the associates who stand around and talk all day are not dealt with in any way.
Love It
PHARMACY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 November 2017
I love working at Walmart if not for the slow timeline to be promoted and my desire to be promoted and how hard I tried to be promoted, they prefer inside hires but the position I wanted just never seemed to become available.
Pros
Paid breaks, a nice community
Cons
an hour lunch unpaid and not a lot of opportunity for extra hours
Management makes all the difference
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON23 November 2017
Loved my job at the beginning, however when management changed, hours got cut, employees weren't happy anymore.
Good job if you need a flexible work schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours, not a lot of staff on at one time
Na
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB23 November 2017
A very good experience and a fun place to work at, the staff are really friendly and they do their best in trying to help co-workers and the customers who shop at their store.
good starter job
sales (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 November 2017
was very hard to balance personal life with work life. manager was not understand and would always try to get me to pick between my sport or work when he knew the only way i could do the sports were if i had a job,
Relaxed environment
Inventory and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 November 2017
Work was relaxed but needed a fast pace when busy. Hour long lunches mad you look forward to breaks and not rushed compared to the regular 30 minute breaks.
Fun and productive workplace
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK22 November 2017
Very fun workplace. Good team members. Need to improve the way they do the routine jobs but its always fun to work here. The management is always helpful with our concerns,
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
non-optimized job routines
An area that has potential for greatness
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB21 November 2017
A typical day for work consisted of having my manager oversee every little task I did. She would quite often request that I redo tasks, not because they were done properly but because she'd changed her mind on how a display should look
hard work, good people
Overnight maintenance (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 November 2017
wal mart was not my favourite place to work, found some management hard to communicate with, others were fine, long hours, hard work for not much recognition, wasn't for me. hate to say bad things and not all people find it a hard place to work,
Fast paced yet fun
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON21 November 2017
Most of the management team was personable and took pride staff relations. Never a dull moment between experiences with both fellow staff and customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.