Walmart

57.9K reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A lot of Work
Department Manager - Electronics (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: a lot to learn
Cons: Salary is on low side
Day start with a load of work, helping customers, merchandising, zoning labeling. multitasking jobs. Management is helpful only some time.
Good place for gaining experience
customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Walmart is very secure place to work at,it also has a very good working environment.The employees and the store-management are very understanding as well.
The worse place to work!
Department Merchandiser (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 17, 2016
People are not happy working here, which leads to a poisons atmosphere. The management does not deal with issues between staff members and this creates a work place that no one is comfortable in. Most people start here healthy and eventually have depression anxiety and other mental health issues! It is a very toxic place to work!
fun workplace with friendly co-workers
Receiving Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Cochrane, ABJanuary 16, 2016
working the days shipments. learned the ins and outs of warehouse processing. did daily audits on the bins containing products. picked items for stocking crew
Like to take challenges
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 16, 2016
Start a day at work with smile :)
Support customer for their query.
Everyday learning how to be multitasking.
Manager group is always ready to help their associates.
Enjoy the crowd of the customers :)
It is a safe and secure environment that I would not hesitate to return to.
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Gained valuable knowledge that will help me in both my personal and professional life.
Cons: Management is not always on the same page in regards to customer service, policies etc.
Most enjoyable part of my job was assisting the customers.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers yet it was rewarding when I could resolve the situations.
productive
General Labour (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I worked there very sharply.It was work to pack online orders. I learned there online packing process. The co workers and all staff were very helpful
Customer service was challenging because different customers have different needs. Patience was developed.
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: employee's discount
Cons: short shift and not all checkouts were open
My work schedule at Walmart varied everyday. Working in the morning was not as busy as 12noon until night. My typical day at Walmart was serving the customers the best way I can. Scanned the items the customers purchased, cleaned my area of work and counted the money at the end of my night shift. I learned to be organized and be attentive to what the customers specific directions. Teamwork was an everyday practice to achieve Mastercard applications goal. There were times when I encountered difficult customers but being a service oriented person I needed to maintain my composure and be humble when talking to them. It was priceless when you know the customers left your counter with a happy face and satisfied.
life balance
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Walmart is a good place to work they are family and culture oriented. they have a lot of room for growth and promotion. There training program is a great asset to your learning.
Productive, Fun Place - a good place for Fresh immigrants.
Wireless Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Enjoyed working there.
It was challenging job with no monotonous working atmosphere.
Very rich and dynamic working environment with a lot of coaching.
Made so many friends and learnt Canadian culture and working environment.
Decent job experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Welcoming and Professional Management
Cons: Long hours/days
Overall it was a decent first job experience. Professional management team. The Pharmacy Management was not very professional, and I was not trained properly to do certain tasks. Therefore, I needed to figure out certain things on my own.
Okay, but management needs to be changed
Cashier (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day was pretty much trying to sell the Walmart master-card and ring in sales. Also if there were discounts I would apply those as well as putting through the sale items and changing them to the desired price. I did not necessarily enjoy the management. I liked everyone except one manager. She wasn't really that nice and wasn't someone that I could talk to about fixing my schedule and was the reason to why I left since she was not reasonable. The hardest part of the job was to sell the Walmart master-card. I enjoyed being able to speak to the customers because I am a very sociable person as well as I loved my co workers.
fun working in Walmart
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), EmontonJanuary 12, 2016
Walmart is good Company, Walmart is leader in retail Industry, with great opportunity to grow with in company. The most enjoyable part of the job is you met new customers every day.
My Favourite Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Family atmosphere
Cons: Sometimes customers can be awful people
Very fast paced environment obviously and sometimes the customers can be problematic and stress you out. That being said, the associates at the store I worked at (Argyle Supercenter) were like a family in that everybody actually cared for one another and supported each other which I think a business needs. While the management can get on your case about getting something done or not getting something done, they are also always there to help you complete whatever task you're doing; all you have to do is ask. I regret ever leaving there and if I could go back, I would in a second.
If you can take the heat...
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Wal-mart was a very difficult place to work. I originally applied there because I enjoy working with customers, but the pressure was soon on to me. The pressure related to the Walmart Rewards master Card was a bit too much to handle. They push the whole "selling" factor too hard, even on those who aren't very assertive sellers. That, combined with the difficult to work with managers, the overly fluctuating hours and the difficult trek across the city, I chose to leave after only 4 months.
fun good place to work
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
I learn lot of things about stocking , an fun workplace, enjoyable day is never bored all ways busy. am I get along with everybody an help your customers when they need something .
A good place to gain communication skills
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 11, 2016
My daily work is to help customers find what they need and make the department look neat.
The most enjoyeble part of this job is to help the customers find the right product.
Typical day at work
Workstation Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Discount facility in all Walmart stores
Cons: Cannot please all customers
Generally is a fast paced environment with lots of challenges to troubleshoot and resolving issues.

Very demanding in terms of customer service. Have maintained a good rapport with all users.

Hardest part of the job is meet deadlines with so many variables and strings attached.

Since it is technical and has exposure to many newer technology it interests me all the time.
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: nice staff, Nice management, secure job hours
Cons: late shift, sometimes very rude customers
Busy work environment, wonderful co workers, you get to experience a busy work environment that is enjoyable for you. Working at this company has provide me with a lot of experience.
Overall great customer's, co-worker's and management.
Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Friendly Customer's.
Cons: Late nights sorting shelves.
Worked as cashier.
Learned how to multi-task as a cashier and organizer of shelves at end of shift.
Friendly and respectful management team.
Great co-workers to work with.
Hardest part of job - organizing shelves at end of shift to make ready for store opening in the morning. Made for very late nights.
Enjoyed helping and talking with customer's.
Headquarters