Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,901 reviews matching the search
No Effort
Overnight Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB10 March 2017
There's no effort from any staff members at all from the time I've been worked there. It was a great place to work at but it just wasn't for me. Very slack working environment.
Pros
once a month you get free food.
Cons
Dont get the hours you want.
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate/ Janitorial Custodian (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB9 March 2017
They kept changing my schedule on me as in saying I had a day off on m schedule and then calling me telling me I have work that day but I had already made plans for my days off. All in all I would no recommend working at Walmart to anybody.
Great Job
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 March 2017
Great for people in all different areas of life. From students to middle aged workers as well as elderly, Something for everyone with fair expectations and goals in mind. Open door policy saves a lot of headache and drama from happening.
Best Worst Job Ever
Store Standards (Former Employee) –  Stoney, ON9 March 2017
While many people tend to complain about Wal-Mart, and believe me I was one of them, it isn't all that bad. Certain positions take more flak than others. However, it's main flaw is the Management not understanding most of what the employees actually do. Not all of the managers are like this and it makes the job a lot more bearable.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Free food every so often
Cons
Miscommunication Between Management
Regular day at work
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON9 March 2017
Walmart has one of the best management, at least where I worked. It gave me a chance to learn, improve and polish my hidden skills. A lot of credit goes to the managers who believe in you, and support you through out.
Productive working environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON9 March 2017
I really enjoyed working at this job, it was a very nice balance of working with people and making sure that everything was neat and organized. This is a very nice company to work for as they make sure all of your needs are taken care of.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 March 2017
Just moved to the area looking for full time employment. .i worked at a walmart before i have atleast 4 years customer service can start as soon as possible
ok place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON8 March 2017
costumer service
retail knowledge
stocking shelf and looking after inventory
team leader and team player
Mostly part time jobs
Easy and relaxing environment
not a nice place to work
Over night stocker (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON8 March 2017
Favoritism is common, work is very physically demanding and not rewarding. Deadlines are steep and everyone must rush to meet them while picking up the slack of others. Very hard to advance to a better position if you are not a favorite.
Great place to work.
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
I worked at walmart in Britannia Ontario. It was my first job and one of the best jobs I ever had. I was young, in my teens, but they worked with my schedule and anytime I needed time off there was never an issue. They always gave me the hours I was told the day I was hired, unless I requested different. They paid more than minimum wage, but not much more. The management team were so organised, everything was done correctly and on time.

Overall, that was a fantastic experience for me.
Pros
Make you feel valued
Cons
Minimum wage
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 March 2017
Walmart is a good place to work.Hours are great, management not so much. This is a company i would recommend. More ideal for an older adult and a student.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wages
Worst Job Ever
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
This is the job you take when your only other option is homelessness. There are no rewards for hard work and a sound sense of ethics. The pay is not worth mentioning and it never will be.

This culture bred by Walmart is insidious and duplicitious, at best it is a set up for failure. Employment at Walmart is nothing to feel accomplished about as it is a road to nowhere.

This company has the tools to prime retail minded individuals for great things,however they clearly choose not to grow people toward a stronger economical future. The environment is oppressive and the stores smell like sadness.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, security or job culture to speak of. You will learn nothing useful and risk of injury is very high.
Challenging
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Different challenges and can be chaotic. Management members relocate often to sustain a good structure and teamwork. Every store environment is distinctively different. New store structure or routines that cause miscommunication, misunderstanding and unreachable expectations. Rapidly changes, new implementations are introduced into stores then instantly withdrawn again.
Pros
salary, environment, bonus and benefits
Cons
Management, routines, expectations, annuals
Labour work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 March 2017
Opening Greeting clients, preparing paper and computer files for clients.
When required finding files, and pertaining information.
Assisting clients and tax associates with extra information they may require.
Management in locations were great.
Work place culture was a plus.
Hardest part of the job was being able to multi function in many different directions as best as possible.
Meeting all the wonderful clients we had, and working with them for a happy result.
Fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 March 2017
Walmart was a very fun environment to work in and I was lucky enough to work in more than one department. Garden Centre was great because you are outdoors, but the environemtn and the associates I worked with was great and gained friendships. When I started in dairy, it was more challenging then Garden Centre but not a difficult job at all, I actually quite enjoyed it. I gained plenty of friends in this job over all.
Pros
good pay, long hours, friendly environment
Currently working as a Pharmacy Technician, pursuing a career as PSW
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON7 March 2017
The job is very busy, I have knowledge on medications. We now have a great new manager! Workplace is safe and is constantly busy. I enjoy working in a team!
Pros
I am hardworking, driven and compassionate
Cons
I would like to work with residents as i find that more enjoyable!
Great work atmosphere, friendly and kind co-workers
Inventory Control Specialist Supervisior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
Wil always miss all the great people I met working at Walmart. It has been over 6 years since I have worked there and I still keep in contact with the managers and staff. A real pleasure. The only truly bad thing I have to say about my time at WM would have to be that I worked my tail off, working overtime, going above and beyond to ensure that my backroom was the best functioning backroom a store manager could ask for and there was never any compensation for said hard work. I would set up meetings with managers in regards to my advancement within the company but to no avail. They wanted to keep me where I was and I wanted to expand with the company. Essentially that is what led to my leaving of the company. Overall, WM has a great atmosphere and wonderful relationships can be made there, but for me atleast it wasn't a place to grow.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
no wage compensation, no advancement within company
Stocker
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 March 2017
Stocked food, clothes, and toys, home supplies (Towels, soaps, etc.) Hardest thing was lifting the heavy items. I liked the friendly staff and the general feeling of working.
Good Place of Work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON6 March 2017
A really great place to work, the only problem I ever encountered was 3 fellow employees who were always up to no good - girl drama. My manager however knew that they weren't up to any good and was always supportive of me. Learned a lot about how businesses are run.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
on your feet a lot
A good secure job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON6 March 2017
This is a good place to work, if you want to grow and learn there are endless opportunities to do so with this company. If you're willing to work, you'll go far, and you'll get there quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

71%