Walmart
41,951 reviews

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
One of my better jobs. Productive environment.
Night Crew/ Floor (seasonal) (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. Both management and co-workers were easy to get along with, and made a great team. I learned about time management and teamwork. I wish I could have stayed longer, but unfortunately I was only hired for seasonal.
Worked in the back store
Commis (Former Employee), Sainte-AgatheFebruary 3, 2015
Unloading the vans may seem boring, but once you get a good rhythm going you wont see the day fly by. It's a lot of work and you definitely don't feel bored.
Large employer with many customers & employees
Associate Relations Manager - Regional (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2015
My co-workers & I work long hours to provide Canadians with viable shopping options so they can live better. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of providing our Associates answers to questions they may have regarding their employment.
OK
Customer Service Specialist - Store Standards (Current Employee), St Thomas, ONFebruary 3, 2015
The job has its ups and downs. Hours are a bit low but I manage because I'm also at school. Management is okay, but could always be better. Co-workers are okay but again could be better. Hardest part is the snow. Most enjoyable part of the jobs is the pay.
Very fast-paced and always interesting
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 3, 2015
Walmart was always busy and fast-paced, which I love in a job. I like always having something to do and at Walmart there was always something productive to do.
Wal-Mart not too bad
Customer Service/Reno Team (Current Employee), Sydney River, NSFebruary 2, 2015
It is not bad to work at Wal-Mart although it appears hard to become a full time employee.

The co-workers are great.

I just wish there was more opportunity for full time work with benefits.
Productive and Fun learning Experience
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not hitting sales goal or there not being enough hours
Working in the portrait Studio for which I am currently still with, has been a great learning experience. Meeting all sorts of people with different request as to what they would like to see in their photos of whether its just their kids, or the whole family. Ranging from rather traditional poses to more modern and fun. I learned at lot about how to capture those moments that you would want to hold for a lifetime allowing for them to capture that through printed photos or a CD.
secure but frutstrating, unskilled and unqualified mgmt
Part Time Associate (Current Employee), WaterdownFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no true supervision, can be unsafe, no guidance for young
Lots to keep you busy as long as you WANT to do so. Mgmt team made up of wannabes who play the game and hang with the right crowd no matter what their background or training is. Many unqualified and untrained individuals who don't listen to those who have years of experience to offer. If you just want to go, hang, make some extra cash, then this is the place to do it.
great place
Services à la clientèle (Former Employee), Talon, A1February 1, 2015
typical day would be to serve the customers and be in charge of the cash
it was the job where i learned the rush and how to provide customer service
great environment to work with
its alright
Sales floor Associate (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: christmas dinners
Cons: not enough money for the work
I like working for Walmart, it's a fun atmosphere and the people are friendly. The managers are mostly understanding, the most enjoyable part is coming to work and seeing all my lovely co-workers.
Productive Job Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Wallaceburg, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Everyone employed at the Wallaceburg Walmart Supercentre are very professional and productive. It feels like one very large family.
Good workplace and very good experience
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: discount card, job is secure
Cons: lack of employers
It was a good working experience working with walmart and gain lots of experience regarding people thinking and how to run business
Busy outgoing
merchandising manager (Current Employee), st johns topsoil roadJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: night to day hours
i am management, I deal with customer complaints, closing, opening of the store, meetings and merchandise availability, cash handling.
Great workplace allowed me to learn allot about business and management
Gérant Adjoint (Nuit) (Current Employee), MontrealJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: work/family balance.
As an Assistant Manager in charge of the overnight shift; upon arrive at the Store I first meet with the unloading team so she the progress they have made unloading the van, separating the stock by department, picking orders from the warehouse and expediting the stock onto the sales floor. I go over the work that needs to be done separating my team by departments and special projects, part of the production team will place stock on shelves in the department and an other team will handle the merchandising and special projects. There is also a team who will work in the warehouse beaming the overstock generated by the production team as well as pick any other stock that will be needed to complete work on the sales floor. There are oder that are received over night from our vendors and local merchants, they include our dry pantry items, refrigerated and non refrigerated produce, dairy products and frozen goods, they must all be verified for quality control as well as temperature. Finally overseeing the general maintenance of the store including, cleaning and waxing of the floors, bathrooms, and carpets.
A work day at Walmart
Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: hour lunches and free wifi
Cons: long hours of standing
I was a Cashier at Walmart for a year and I was in charge of counting my till at the end of every shift, I was responsible with handling thousands of dollars and making sure the correct amount was in the register and the rest was delivered to customer service. I loved the job and it helped me learn new responsibilities and what it takes to run the entire store, all my co-workers were super friendly and they helped train me on my job after the computer training. The hardest part about my job was probably the hours I was getting after students went back to college, they gave me too many hours and I couldn't handle it, with myself also being in school. The best part about my job was my supervisors, they were always ready to help me out if I needed it. I couldn't ask for a better staff.
Costumer services can be very rewarding.
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 30, 2015
Provided costumer service by greeting all costumers in a pleasant manner and assisted costumers with a wide knowledge on select styles of jewelry and watches. Assisted customers with bagging and loading of their merchandise and handled money.
no comment
General Labourer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 30, 2015
No comment, I cannot say any more about this company.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, and still visit to talk.
Learned how to use a new machine.
Customer Service Driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ScarboroughJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
Basic zoning duties, keeping the merchandise stocked.
Amazing co-workers.
Management is very pro-company, anti-employee.
The ability to switch shifts is a plus, however there are several levels of approval that must be passed before the switch can transpire.
Gained great skills for building relationships with multi-level staff, from associates to district management
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Mulitple locations in OntarioJanuary 30, 2015
Ensured shelves were stocked, inventory was up to date and accurate. Performed prices changes, order merchandise, assist with movie/game releases.
Ensure customers received orders on time, tracked orders, resolved customer complaints, light cleaning, opening and closing department.
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Cashier (Former Employee), British ColumbiaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, hours.
Cons: communication from management, poor working conditions in hot weather, coworkers taking advantage of you, scheduling process/system.
I worked for one of the locations in British Columbia about 3 years ago. I applied to be a cashier, had a group interview that I thought gave me the opportunity to express and share my experiences in the same position. Trainin was easy too, I was on my own on the express lane for the first 2 days, after, I was then put mostly on the longer/regular tills. It was overwhelming sometimes, as soon as you walk up to your till before you've counted your cash drawer at the beginning of your shift; customers immediately look at you, ask if your opening. a few things that bothered Mr was how CSM's would take forever to get to your till to get help with a customer situation or if your till is short on cash and needed to do a cash back procedure. Other cashiers would purposely put their garbage and hangers in your area because they were too lazy to throw them out themselves in the back on the way to the clock in/out machine. And other department managers, and even the GM was rarely around, when you'd ask questions they had attitudes, whuke tget were busy watching viral videos in the office. Only pros was that I was able to work Saturday and Sundays only so that I could focus on school, and hours and pay was really good too. One other peeve I had was how they used a computer software to automatically generate schedules randomly. Summers were also the WORST, I always felt dehydrated because of the constant, long transactions that would last for hours, my muscles would be in do much pain after work

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more