Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,759 reviews matching the search
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
The management was unorganized and often times unapproachable due to their unfriendly personalities. The employees were often the best part of the job.
Great for a first job.
Courtesy Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBMay 11, 2016
Working at the courtesy desk entails that you are quick on your feet and ready for just about anything. You complete tasks anywhere from a simple return, to a purchase order or even transferring money through western union.

This job taught me the basis of working in retail and how to follow orders appropriately. This job was really good for a first time employment.
Pros
Good hours.
Horrible
Loss Prevention Guard (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 11, 2016
Worked here for a few years. Management treated most employees terribly. I will never work for this company again. The pay for my job was not very good for what my job entailed.
Pros
Company discount.
Cons
Fun workplace and it was very easy to get along with all management and staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of running the cash register. When there were no customers, I would put stock out on the shelves or help the customer service desk put returns away. The staff and co-workers were very easy to get along with. I learned how to better interact with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with wonderful people and the hardest part of the job was meeting the scans per hour.
Pros
lots of breaks, great hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Stettler, ABMay 10, 2016
The work was fun, although hard given the 8 hours on concrete, but it was a good learning experience on time management. My co-workers were some of the most amazing people on this planet.
Pros
Long Lunches
Fun loving atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 10, 2016
I learnt the importance of team and its rhythmic functioning.
The hardest part of my work is to approach customers who are bit outrageous with few things like price and all.
Pros
free lunch once or twise a month
Cons
Distance of walmart store from my place
a typical day
Manager, Transportation (Former Employee) –  China Lake, BCMay 10, 2016
very busy routine and lots of connections with vendor and customers. a fun environment for everybody wants to learn and grow with the company.
Fast paced and understaffed
UNLOADER (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BCMay 9, 2016
Working it at walmart has its ups and downs. Im in the pursue of a nice job because working as an unloader at walmart we are over worked because we are always under-staffed and often have to stay overtime to finish the work and most time don't get some our breaks or breaks are cut in half. The job is also extremely physically demanding, constantly unloading heavy boxes up to 100lbs and moving heavy skids throughout the day.
Pros
job security
Cons
Long hours/ same shifts
Great peaple with great energy
Courtesy Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
Working at Wal-Mart was one of my favorite jobs, the atmosphere was always high on energy. The most enjoyable part of my job was that the management was easy to talk to, and actually listened to ideas, complaints, or criticism.
Busy and understaffed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 9, 2016
It was busy and I learned to be more efficient. My co-workers and managers were all nice and respectful. The hardest part of the job was how busy it was when I was the only cashier working but I worked through it as best as I could and the best part of the job was how the day went by fast I guess.
Pros
My shift would go by fast
Cons
Understaffed and hourly wage
Great place to acquire work experience
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMay 9, 2016
Overall a very beneficial experience. Good balance of daily duties and customer service to keep things busy. Workers are generally kind and friendly which can be inviting for new hires. There was a lot of autonomy which was nice, but at times it felt like we were lacking direction.
Pros
Flexible hours and accommodating to student schedule.
Cons
Long time spent in freezer.
Fun place to work , Friendly management ,
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 9, 2016
Good place to step in the career , Got promoted with in six month to a department managers in my own department . The only thing is they don't hire enough people for the job. and salary wise its sucks.
Pros
Fun Place to work for, friendly management
Cons
Not worth it for the salary.
Productive, rewarding and strenuous workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ABMay 9, 2016
A typical day at work consists of scanning and bagging items for customers, red lining, and zoning my area. Throughout my year at Walmart I learned how to operate the cash register, how to check prices, change item prices based on our scanning code of practice, void items, split payments, and load gift cards as well as other things regarding the cash register and Walmart protocol. My management have rotated during my time at Walmart and all have been friendly and fair. My co-workers have become my team as well as my friends, i depend on them to assist me when needed and vice versa. The hardest part of my job would be the physical toll of standing all day, and sometimes strenuous lifting. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers and giving the best customer service I can, it is rewarding when a customer leaves feeling satisfied.
Pros
Ten percent discount.
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
Good to make some money
Store Standards (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 9, 2016
This is a great job for somebody who's in school looking to make a bit of money. I wouldn't stick with this job for more than two years, especially in the position I'm currently in.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Stressful, Demanding, Long hours (on weekends)
great place
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 9, 2016
job was very fun, enjoyable, and great coworkers throughout the entire store. Work duties were basic and shifts went by very fast.
it is what it is
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ONMay 8, 2016
Not exactly a dream job... It is something to do for money. Met some nice people. Free muffins and coffee every other Friday not too bad.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
a lot of things... don't know where to start
Not sure what to say
Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 8, 2016
I was only there for christmas rush. All i did was put returns away and face the section i was working at. Also worked in the fabric department.
Very welcoming place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2016
very good experience. co-workers were very friendly and i learned many sales and customer service skills. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping them with what they needed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
standing for long hours
Valuable Work Experience
Cosmetic Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ONMay 7, 2016
Walmart provides excellent work experience and make it possible to grown within the company as well a friendly environment with staff and management.
fun to work at walmart
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2016
I love working at walmart capilano in edmonton because our management team is really awesome. Love to deal with the customers and moreover, friendly environment in walmart.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
less hours per week