Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,559 reviews matching the search
No team work
Overnight Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2016
Overnight crew is expected to do all the stocking, merchandising, and cleaning, without recognition or compensative pay. Hardest part of this job is not having enough crew to work with and no safety adherence.
Pros
Health Benefits are not bad
Cons
Over-worked and under paid in some of the locations.
Ok place to work
Fashion/Fitting Rooms associate (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS19 August 2016
My time is done working there, it's more for the younger generation now. In my years of working for Walmart, I was a supervisor for the back room for six months, I worked as a fashion processor for a couple of years and also worked as a stocker. I know how to use a hand held computer also
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Positive Work Enviroment
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2016
A place to work, learn, growth, in a team environment with the opportunity for advancement. Friendly staff and a management team that believes in open communication.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of consistent work hours
water and fridges are on site
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
i learned of how to interact with customer in any sort of event.
Fitting with my co workers were very easy. they introduce me to everyone in the first day of my job.
Pros
10 percent discount
Cons
less salary
I dont know
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 January 2017
its a good place to work. great place to be. awesome benefits. i would like to work there again. but will not hire me... The people are some time to hard to deal with (customers)
Unfortunately disorganized most days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC30 August 2016
If you've done well you get a raise every year on your hiring anniversary but unfortunately because there are so many managers they don't always have the same idea in mind of what needs to be done.
walmart
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC28 November 2016
was a good job pay rate benefits where great I don't know why I left the job. was the easiest work ive ever done in my life.great crew to work with also
Pros
was close to home
Cons
night time
Place to learn
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2016
Was able to learn about new domain and several functionalities happening in retail. Walmart is one of the top retailer where the work place is good with better benefits.
Great benefits and pay
Meat/Deli Store Associate, Stratford (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 July 2016
Loved working there! The management was great for the most part, and they were willing to work around my schedule. You are offered great benefits and discounts, as well as flexible hours
Pros
Great pay and benefits (flexible)
Cons
Unorganized management
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 June 2016
I've worked 5 years with no problems and haven't had a promotion even when I tried to apply. Management is unorganized and sometimes makes the wrong call. Some people the same age as I am have a higher salary than me and they just started.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
Bad management, low chances of advancement, unempathetic managers
intresting workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
Great work environment however as part time worker other benefits like health care sick pay or holiday pay etc are restricted.
productive, craetive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 September 2016
the management is very coperative.i love to be a part of this comapny.
it provide so many benefits. i leart how to work in team ,
Pros
mangament isverygood
Cons
no cons
Efficient, well organized company
Produce Stocker/Photo Lab Technician/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON17 March 2016
Working with other staff and management is very efficient. The goals of the day are clear and precise and the job you are meant to be doing is very organized. Working at Walmart I've learned great customer service experience, techniques in being outgoing and approachable, effective in resolving issues, the ability to think on the spot, and work with other people in being an overall great team. The hardest part of the job is satisfying the customer when we are out of certain items when the policy is satisfaction guaranteed. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work along side great co workers and being able to satisfy the customers.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Minimal benefits
its a good place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC6 September 2016
I enjoy my job but need a change. I would like to move to Victoria to be closer to my kids. Hard work must be reliable and be able to multitask. I give it my all evwryday.
Pros
lunch/coffe days. benifits retirement package
Cons
non
Productive and Fun Working Place
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE8 September 2016
Work with fun,Team working, Customer expectation, Fast and Accurate customer service, Flexible timing, getting almost 40 hours per week, flexible lunch time, Employment benefits
Pros
Flexible Timing
Cons
Long shift
The Unproductive thrive at Walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 June 2016
As a productive cashier at walmart u start to realize that no matter how hard u work u wont be recognized. U cannot move within the company to another position making it impossible to advance. The unproductive workers are praised and will chant go Walmart as u slave away.
Cons
No Advancement/Movement
Good opportunity, bad management/fellow employees
Promotions Agent for Advantage Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2016
This company was very absent in the happenings of the day to day job. Some insane woman who worked at Wal-Mart picked a fight with me over nothing and her gang of old crackheads harassed me while i was working in the store. My manager heard about this and fired me, as if anything about it was my fault. Incompetent management, poor trust between fellow employees. Other employees other than me wouldn't follow safety procedure, would leave early, etc. I felt like I was the only person doing a good job in the entire company. Poor.
Pros
Changing environment/products, independance
Cons
Absent management with poor decision making, poor work ethic from fellow employees
I would love to get hired by Walmart again
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
Walmart has Great management and team work and very helpful Co-workers with good reputation of all time in my opinion.I would like to get hired by this Company again.
Pros
Good benefits and discounts
Cons
nothing special as far as I know
Great job to start with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB3 November 2016
I love my job here in general but its all the unneccasary stuff we have to deal with that is what gives a rating of 3 stars overall. The area I am in is perfect for me,I'm knowledgeable in the products I sell. I feel as though management doesn't truly listen to our concerns, as me and my co workers in my department have been pleading to have proper coverage on closing shifts and nothing has been done about it. We have requested equipment that does not interfere with productivity but that also hasn't changed. Everyone who works part time or full time will agree we dont get paid enough to consider the job a career and I personally haven't seen oppurtunities to advance this job into a career. However aside all the negativity I love the people i work with and the work, sometimes tedious is great for someone looking for a part time/full time starter job.
Pros
Great staff, fair amount of breaks, good for stsrting out
Cons
Management doesn't adress concerns, not much for advancement.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2017
I can get to work at least 30 minutes before start time. I check voice. like to meet my staff early, check mail and the calendar, then plan my work and meetings.

Walmart is very big company and taught me lots of new stuff. like how to manage other department while your busy managing your own.

Cooperative management and co-workers

Sometimes it's hard to balance between being friendly and keeping on task.

team work, individual work, proving myself to be good at my job, getting good appreciation from my seniors
Pros
Freindly
Cons
Long Hours