Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,721 reviews matching the search
good college job
Order Filler / Reach Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2016
i worked here for 4 years while i saved up for and while i went to college. i quit because new management came in and lowered my pay almost 4$/hour because of changed policies. its a good job if youre willing to work weekends to pay for school. would not recommend as a career.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
weekend work mostly
Fun workplace, great management and environment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 November 2016
Great place to work. Good management. Low pay. Hardly room for advancement. Higher positions eliminated. Hardest part of the job is 6 jobs for 1 person. Store should hire more people especially to replace those who leave the job in each department especially that the busiest time of the year is approaching.
Retail
Health & Safety Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Good place to make connections. Management shows no appreciation with no room for growth. worked at the mississauga location and management gives you false hopes of growing with the company but do not actually help you move up.
Pros
co-workers are very helpful
Cons
long work hours, no appreciation, no benefits, no full-time positions offered, no room for growth
generally positive workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB20 January 2017
clock in, start with whatever department I was designated, pull pallets to the floor and stock shelves. take overstock and bin it in the backroom. recieve trucks, mostly dairy and freezer, use powerjack to put them in back freezer and back coolers.

management wasn't always competent in how to get the best of everyone, arguably only had two decent managers throughout my time there.

coworkers generally did their job well, some not so much.

hardest part was never having reliable help with binning overstock, they would always send someone who was too slow or unwilling to learn.

most enjoyable was stocking shelves in the general merchandise portion of the store because it was so easy to do.
Pros
discount card
Cons
bad managers
Need to love work to stay longer
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2016
Learned a lot of things working with managements. Always busy even after the season rushes. Enjoy helping customers with their needs. Needs to see a workers potential and when exceeds expectations needs to appreciate the time and effort given.
Pros
Benefits when working full time
Cons
Could not recognize a good work when done
Fun and Productive work environment.
Customer Service Specialist and cashier (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 January 2017
My typical work day can be high paced or relaxing depending on the day or time of day. I do anything from stocking shelves, organising and cleaning, merchandising, to being a cashier or working at the Customer service desk.
I have learned the basic use of a telxon gun. I have extensive knowledge using the registers. I have had many oportunities to learn new things and new departments.
The management is GREAT!! They are super understanding and very caring. Management often come up with games and activities to do to keep things interesting during seasonal events (Olympics, Stanley Cup, Grey Cup, Halloween, Christmas)
My co-workers are all fun bubbly people, you could show up to work in a terrible mood and leave work feeling happy.
Hardest part of the job is sometimes the customers.
Working with people.
Pros
Pot lucks and Free lunches on holidays
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Great team
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS12 January 2017
A typical day at work involved:
 Helping customers find the right product.
 Stocking shelves using inventory from the backroom.
 Zoning shelves, arranging and modifying displays.
 Using Telxon barcode scanner to manage inventory and check stock.

I learned how use a Telxon barcode scanner.

Management were a upbeat and helpful group.

My co-workers I got know as friends and we worked together as a unit or team with everyone helping each other out.

The hardest part of the job was being responible for half of the store or more at once.

The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy and having wonderful co-workers.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Very large store to cover
Busy yet Enjoyable workplace
Mississauga Rd- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 February 2017
When working at Walmart, it was always busy. Since it wasn't a grocery store, but a supercentre, there were a lot more complications occurring, and a lot more work being done. Working at Walmart has taught me how to handle situations better, take great responsibility for my mistakes, become a more hardworking individual and work well with a team. When it came to management, there were issues that needed to be fixed, but unfortunately weren't. Working at Walmart encourages you to develop the mentality that customers are always right and Integrity is key. The hardest part about the job was handling some customers seeing as a lot of them put up fights for a variety of different reasons. Now, I have learned how to professionally overcome those obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with outgoing customers, and making great friends in the workplace.
Pros
Discount on everything
Cons
Long/ extra hours
Exceptional experience in retail and customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB2 February 2017
The typical 8 hour work day at Walmart for a cashier usually includes 2 15 minute coffee breaks as well as an hour long lunch break, 5 hours working directly with customers, half an hour "red-lining" to bring customers to your till, and half an hour moving from one till to another and cleaning. The CSMs are very friendly and reliable, but upper management can be aloof and it is discouraged to go above your direct manager if you have a problem with them, either personally (such as the way the manager treats you or harassment) or professionally (such as lack of hours or requests to move to another department). The best part of the job was interacting with co-workers and customers, but the hardest was witnessing the way some of my coworkers were treated by customers and management.
Pros
Friendly lower management and co-workers, good experience
Cons
Unpersonable upper management, irregular schedules, fluctuating hours
Awesome managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 January 2017
I love working for Walmart, you are given a raise every year depending on how you are doing in your position and your opinion matters. The only problem I had was the ownership change and the lack of stability managers at my location seemed to have.
Awesome employers, with friendly coworkers, overall great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 January 2017
I would usually start at 6:45 opening the store, clock in/out, get my assigned register, count my till, change the papers, put cash bags in all registers, put out new merchandise, greeted customers, cleaned conveyor belts, pushed for walmart mastercards, cashed out customers.

Learned how to use a different type of cash register than what i was used to, how to properly bag groceries

management was great except for one occasion which is also the reason i no longer work for walmart

I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers, they were friendly and always helpful

The job was relatively stress free
Pros
Lots of hours, Plenty of time for lunch
everyone there was friendly and excepting
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 February 2017
I learned how to hold my own weight and how to effectly do my duty, I enjoyed the people I worked with and the management I would'ov liked working hours that I choose.
Pros
good structure
Day in the life
Grocery Home Shopping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
- Pick and process customer grocery orders made online and send assigned company trucks out to other locations to scheduled meet delivery times
-Some things I've learned in this role is different aspects of the business such as the logistics and I.T
-The management team is fair and easy to work with and we have a solid working relationship
-great group of co-workers to work alongside
- The most challenging part of the job would be the early start time (5am) but it is necessary to meet the needs of the business
- The most enjoyable would be the people I work with as they are excellent individuals who I have exchanged ideas with and learned new things from
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Early start time
Productive and fun place to work at
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manitoba15 February 2017
Working at pizza time was very profitable for me as i learned a lot about customer service and satisfaction. Also i learned to work for long hours with comfort.
Pros
Good salary, long working hours and fun place to work at
Cons
work only during weekends
ok
Department Manager Health and Beauty (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 December 2016
was a nice place to work, very clicky management. Management had changed and you needed to be an of a desired color to advance.
used to be a place wither you could work hard and get ahead, and turned into one that you had to be a certain color to advance.
Fun workplace with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
My job in Walmart is as a customer service representative, I really enjoy working there, as I use to get great conversation skills and use to work with a variety of people.the work culture is really amazing .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
productive,enjoy achevieving a job.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2016
every day start with 15 minutes about a safety in and around the warehouse,learned a lot about safe work,do the job with no incident,all people around ,management or co-worker a very nice people .
Pros
free lunches for many occasion a year around, management meeting .
An Easy Job With Flexible Hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON27 September 2016
At Walmart I learned about the Walmart Rewards Mastercards, and their benefits to consumers. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. Being a student with a time consuming schedule, management was diligent in scheduling according to availability. Although at times miscommunications resulted in being scheduled against ones availability, Walmart was quick to comply.
productive
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 July 2016
A typical day as a Walmart receiving employer would include receiving shipments of merchandise requiring great effort and dedication to complete. I have learned how to operate work related equipment using a great deal of safety. The management at Walmart is good. My co-workers are friendly and I easily bond with every single member of Walmart. The hardest part of the job would include heavy lifting, when it comes to heavy merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job would include working with friendly co-workers.
Pros
10% discount on all Walmart merchandise
Cons
long hours, underpaid
productive,
Wireless sales associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON23 October 2016
Gained knowledge in wireless industry, enjoyed working with the multi culture environment, learned auditing, and also gain experience in the operations of the organisation like inventory management, coordinating with representatives of network providers for smooth flow of organisation.