Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKSeptember 26, 2014
enjoyed working for the company, worked at the tills as Cashier..
Walmart is a good start off job
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: time share
Cons: flexibility with schedule
Walmart seems to be good as a start off job, you learn a lot of useful skills that you can implement in every work field you decide to go forth with. Communication skills, and productivity is just two of the many skills you learn working there. As a cashier, I stand at the register and cash out many customers. The hardest part of the job is getting – more... blamed for things you can't control, while understanding a customers frustration, it was not your fault bananas were priced wrong. It's not easy to move up in the business, it's not impossible, but it's rare in my opinion. The best part of the job is meeting new people and making connections with regular customers. Sometimes dealing with customers can be a blessing and a curse, I know how to understand and work with every customer that walks through the Walmart doors. – less
Excitement working with co-workers
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Kindersley, SKSeptember 26, 2014
Handling the Cashiers.
Handling work without any stress.
Balance daily transactions.
cashier
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: not work
Help people on a day to dy basis be positive and out going and willing to help
A Crapshoot
In-Stock Associate (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Keep your head down and do work and you'll be fine. Advancement is reserved for only the most dedicated butt kissing. Pay is not worth the work the majority of the time.
Enjoyable place to work!
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, open door policy, activities that boost morale, management thanking you for a job well done!
Cons: long shifts, sometimes 10 hour days.
A typical day for me is usually very fast paced which I enjoy. Over the past 6 and a half years I have learned so much! Inventory control, price management, problem solving, developed excellent Customer Service skills, learned how to work in high stressed environment. I truly believe that most of my fellow associates and I have stayed because of each – more... other. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is not being able to make every customer happy and the best part is knowing a customer left happy. – less
Lynden Door
Receiver (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 23, 2014
Crimped metal doors all day. Had to meet production orders, always met the goals required of the company. Worked with a great team. Enjoyed doing routine work.
friendly enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: two paid breaks, always busy
Cons: low wage
typical day, I would clock in and go to the till that I was assigned to and then stay on cash for my whole shift other than on my breaks
I learned grocery store cashiering, I normally would only work in clothing
management was helpful and flexible
coworkers were friendly and welcoming
hardest part of this job was the long lines and standing all day
most – more... enjoyable, time went by fast, always busy – less
Walmart
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: 10 percent off
Cons: not enough hours
- it is horrible , not very friendly ..they are rude
it is not an easy day at all only hard when customers are being very disrespectful
Great charities
Personnel manager, Hawkesbury 1159 (Former Employee), Hawkesbury, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long drive to work 126 kms each way... but i loved my job...
-As a whole we raised several thousands of dollars for various local charities and families in need.
-finalized daily payroll by 9am, weekly budget were completed 8 hrs before deadline
-be proffessional at all times to every associate, when they had personal issues, guide them to various agencies for personal help.
-analysis reports for managent team – more... and send feedback to district office
-hardest part of my job was keeping a straight face when I knew management was going to fire an associate
- most enjoyable part of my day was when someone said thank you or took time out to drop by my office to say good morning. – less
not a good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2014
i was less than impressed by this locations management skills and lack of training.
I am not happy with Walmart
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: so many positions
Cons: too much works with very limited chance of career development
To keep the low price of Walmart, your work should be paid less. It's very simple game. They don't need any smart people but who can follow the orders as they are. If you are creative, it's not for you.
very intresting place to work
Emballeur (Former Employee), Chateauguay, QCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: a lot of friends
Cons: no money
i just volunteered there for my football team ,but it was very intresting fast and cool
steady days with farely easy work
Cashier, Store Standard, Seasonal, Sporting Goods (Former Employee), Pincher Creek, ABSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: getting in long hours
Cons: not alot of work
a typical day would be working from 8-4 helping costumers, putting out games, movies, and other stock.
I learned how to talk to costumers set up tvs and about tvs.
management was good always treated me like another person never made you feel lower than anybody always there if you had a question and answered it to there best abilities.
co-workers were – more... good worked well with me and I workered with them. if one couldn't do something tried to do the best to help them out.
working till I didn't really like standing around in the same spot
getting a lot of manuel work. it was hard to come upon but when theyd ask me id do it. – less
Average Overall Experience
Customer Service Specialist, Electronics (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2014
- Low pay structure
- Friendly coworkers
- average management structure
Friendly enviroment
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Learn a lot from this job.Learn stocking,inventory control.
sometime you have hard time to finish job in specific time but management and staff are very helpfull and they assist you to feel easy.
PRODUCTIVITY
overnight stoker (Former Employee), EDMONTON, ABSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: safe environment
Cons: night shift
IN SUMMER VACATION 2012, I WORKED IN WALMART AS OVERNIGHT STOCKER. I FOUND IT A WELL MANAGED COMPANY. ALL HE STAFF AND CO-WORKERS WERE FRIENDLY AND VERY NICE.
fun workplace
Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2014
• Seventeen years work experience with Wal-mart corp. in Accounts Payable & as an Inventory Replenishment Analyst combined
• Very proficient in MS Office Work bench, Host, Retail Link, FACT, Access, CCS, DSS, CPFR, EDI
• Strong ability in exercising good judgment & handling confidential & sensitive matters.
Awful Experience
In-stock Associate (Current Employee), St. John'sSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day at work consists of being understaffed and over worked. The only learning experience I had was training on equipment (walkie stacker, power jack and wave). Co-workers are fantastic. Management is terrible. They have unrealistic expectations of staff. Hardest part of my job was being understaffed and not being able to take appropriate breaks. – more... There was nothing enjoyable about the job outside of my coworkers. – less
Social life with so many workers
Store Standards (Former Employee), Port Elgin ONSeptember 16, 2014
work like crazy the second i get to wal-mart because a lazy employee leaves over 200 carts outside in the parking lot for me every time i work. the hardest part of the job is having to organize all 330 out of wal-mart by 10:00

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more