Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,535 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON8 January 2017
Would love to work for Walmart again. Was a very enjoyable experience. Nice co-workers, understanding managers, great benefits, but not so much hours.
Pros
Good breaks, Awesome co-workers
Cons
Was far from me
Fun workplace with great co-workers
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
The people working their are really friendly and help full. Too much politics in the management. After the store manager retired, the new one basically transfers or fire the current managers and employee and bring employees from his old store.
Pros
New management sucks
Cons
Great Co-Workers.
Great Organization
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 January 2017
The company is a great one.Working with the company taught me so many customer service skills i know now. I was happy there.
Pros
adequate hours
Loved this store!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC8 January 2017
I loved working at walmart it was fast paced, you are always busy working no time to stand around because you always have something to do. They are an amazing team and family. Everyone is so kind and problems get solved right away. Comfortable environment to build your carrier.
It was alright
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
It was fine working at this place i was just trying to verify an email how did i end up doing this. This isn't cool to shove a consumer into this.
Work like a slave, get paid like a rat
Store Standards Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2017
The name of my review only applies if you are not a useless CSM or a manager. Expect to be underpaid but overworked. Rest in peace if you are instock or store standards.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Pay sucks
Productive place
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 January 2017
Very good place to learn and adapt to workplace culture,team is really helpful and managers supports every staff equally and train very efficiently.
fun work place
Wireless associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2017
I worked for Walmart located in 130 ave se Calgary. Everyone is awesome at this store. Management is very understanding and co-operative. I had a best co-workers to work with.
I dont know
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 January 2017
its a good place to work. great place to be. awesome benefits. i would like to work there again. but will not hire me... The people are some time to hard to deal with (customers)
Camrose store not a positive experience with present manager
Customer Service Manager/Cashier/Shoe Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB6 January 2017
What I Learned - merchandising, setting modulars, many different programs in the Gemini gun, different paperwork dealing with inventory and pricing, setting up for inventory and how to assume a leadership role.

Management - Management changed many times over the course of my employment. Only the last manager during my employment was the least liked, was very disrespectful to staff and customers, and did not support the associates. The assistants followed his lead.

Co-workers - for the most part I had excellent co-workers. Some I wanted ten of, some I wanted to move to another department. This is all typical though in a big company.

Hardest part of the job - dealing with management

Most enjoyable part of the job - customers, co-workers, doing a job to the end and seeing the results in a well-stocked, well laid out manner, and making sure everything was organized and well marked (both in the back and out on the floor)

The manager that I had when I was first hired and the next three (in rapid succession) were wonderful and made the store seem like a family. Had I answered these questions back then they would have been very different. The old saying is true...the manager makes the store.
Pros
Benefits as Full-time worker
Cons
The Manager
Productive, energetic environment
SENIOR CATEGORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2017
Great working environment.
Multiple responsibilities giving you many opportunities to learn and grow.
key responsibility was category management and development of this category to its highest potential.
Fun Social Job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 January 2017
This is a bitter sweet job. I have made connections with people there that will last a life time. I as well have learnt many valuable work skills. The problem is no employee cares enough to put an effort into their work. everyday I see them group and talk (even with customers to be served!). its frustrating to try so hard in an environment that cares so little...)
Pros
full breaks, benifits, hours
Cons
pay
it was okay
Customer Service Specialist/Deli (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON5 January 2017
for a first job it was alright.the money was nice and some of the management was cool and the discount you get is great but they favor employees that are puss overs.
fast paced, work on your feet all day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB5 January 2017
The job is good. you get an empolyee discount after 3 months and there are oportunities for advancment however they are far and few inbetween. the job itself is either super fast-paced or drop dead slow, which at time can make for a difficult shift. the hours are somewhat irrgular for part time empolyees, however they do start to some a general pattern in full time positions.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
irregular shift work
Awesome managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 January 2017
I love working for Walmart, you are given a raise every year depending on how you are doing in your position and your opinion matters. The only problem I had was the ownership change and the lack of stability managers at my location seemed to have.
Busy, productive environment with emphasis on holidays
Part-Time Accounting Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS5 January 2017
Enjoyed my time I spent with this company. Was always treated with respect and dignity. Working with numerous nationalities of co-workers is educational and informative. Seeing how other cultures live is interesting, especially enjoying their variety of cultural food items. Excellent customer care is important to this organization.
Pros
wide variety of personalities
Cons
minimal hours
Very team orientated and great incentives and training.
Deli and Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB5 January 2017
I found Walmart to be a great place for family orientated individuals. They try to work around your needs and schedule. They have good training and awesome incentives.
Pros
Store discounts and team environment
Cons
heavy lifting in some departments
Fun work place
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 January 2017
I loved working at Walmart live the people the environment the hours I'm a people person so this was a great place to work this job was not hard to learn or do overall I wish I was still working there but it was only seasonal
Pros
Discounts
Work till you die
Assistant buyer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
Over worked management for the pay they receive, Forced to work overnight shift for a t least 6 months if you like it or not if you want to be promoted
Pros
Company discount and stock options
Cons
Over worked for the pay received
Lots of learning experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON4 January 2017
I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't have the experience as working as a cashier for so many years. I think communication is key and that was never my strength before working at Walmart. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people there because they become family. The hardest part of the job was doing so much work for barely any income.
Management and co-workers become family so it's easy to trust in people
Pros
Flexible with availability
Cons
annoying customers ruin your day