Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Kirkland QuebecNovember 26, 2014
Job entailed managing all cashiers, customer service associates, cart pushers and people greeters.
strenuous, unorganized, repaetitive
Overnight Baker/ Stocker (Former Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 25, 2014
Worked late night and long hours
was poor organized and managed
was left to figure thing out on own often
not all protocols were followed
fun job
nice emoployees
No benefits until full time and can never have full time
Customer service (Former Employee), ottawaNovember 25, 2014
Unstable hours and not great pay.I did not like working there because it feels you are a number and not a hard working employee
stressful, Wal-Mart is all about money, no their employess
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 25, 2014
I went in at 11pm and started to put the stock on the shelves we were open 24 hours than so helping customers as well when they came into my department, I learned how to deal with cranky customers in a claim manner and help them find what they are looking for to the best of my ability. All my co-workers were great to work with we had a lot of fun.
Not a good and safe environment to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: 10% discount card
Cons: management is terrible
Like any jobs, some days are good days and other days are bad days however most days working here are bad. Management does not worry about you as a person only how you benefeit the company.Lots of the fellow employees are wonderful to work around but other that them there is nothing good about working here.
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2014
The work place is fun and safe. We all get along great as a team. Large amount of responsibility.
fun place to work and very busy
Cashier/Sales Associate for 3 yrs. (Former Employee), campbell river b.c.November 24, 2014
Pros: we were given 10% off on all merchandise and meeting new people was a plus.
Cons: some of the hours were long but i persavered.
I enjoyed meeting new people at my job as a cashier and was willing to work as many hours as I could get. The best part about being a cashier was the customers. They were all really nice to me and vise versa. I always had a smile no matter what my circumstances and I enjoyed my job. I learned to be fast and efficient at my job as a cashier.
Interactive
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: hour lunches and breaks
Cons: short shifts
Management was not the greatest but employees were welcoming.
Very productive place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), 3800 Memorial Dr E #1100 Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2014
Working at Walmart has given me the chance to understand the value of being fast and quick when serving customers. It has also given me the chance to advance my work ethic and communication skills with others. Working at Walmart is productive because it is a busy super centre and people are always coming in. The people who work there are very kind and – more... understanding to each other, it is a very welcoming place to work. – less
A very fantastic place of work; nice, friendly superiors and caring co-workers. Walmart is a place of work any human being would like to work at.
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 22, 2014
Pros: discount card and price matching. also profit sharing initiatives.
A very nice and conducive place of work. My customers and co-workers always make my day with their camaraderie. The hardest part of the day is when one encounters usually difficult customers; but since one has a very good disposition to others, one would always give them a benefit of doubt and interprete that as someone only having a bad day. Coupled – more... with one's training, one would turn the negatives into positives. – less
Good Benefits
First Shift In Stock (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 22, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: some overnights
Good company to work for. Decent wages good benefits including a stock options buying plans which is great. The management was always supportive and understanding with all individuals.
An average workplace that has some serious issues.
Customer Service Associate (Electronics) (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 22, 2014
Pros: 10% off all non-clearance items in store, very flexible work hours
Cons: few likable co-workers in my department, often stressful situations due to staffing problems in other areas
My time spent at Walmart can only be deemed average. The work itself is pretty good. I help customers with their problems in the electronics department as well as use the cash registers to make any sales. The aforementioned issues arise with the staff. While there are some good co-workers, there also quite a lot of staff that I personally had problems – more... with. The people I usually end up working with do not tend to do their jobs and instead focus on slacking off most of their shifts; causing me to have to do most of the work making it very hard for the work to be likable in any way. Upper management of the workplace is fairly good. However, they always seem to be busy due to lack of staff in other departments, thus making it harder for us to contact them. The hardest part of the job would be the amount of customers during the day. At most, my department would only get 2 people at a time, with one usually getting called to another department to help out. Having only one person in the department when there are customers left and right is very difficult to manage causing the customers to eventually get frustrated. The most enjoyable parts of the job would be the co-workers from other departments. I find it always enjoyable to converse with other co-workers during break times. The very flexible work hours also work well with my school schedule. – less
Fast and helpful most of the time with a smile.
Cashier (Current Employee), mississauga,onNovember 21, 2014
Pros: work on sunday 1/2 hour lunch paid by the company.
Cons: regular hours
I deal with multicultural customers and busy scanning various items, price matching items and dealing with varieties of coupon's.
My customers are very happy most of the time they like my cheerfulness willing to help them when ever is needed. I learned to be patient most of the time and be compassionate with them.

My co-workers appreciate my kindness – more... when my co-worker is busy I always take some customers from them and help them when ever is needed.

Some customers show their frustration with me, most of the time I listen carefully to their complaints help them to get the item they need and they thank me later.

Most enjoyable part of the job is serving my customers with a smile.

I love to exercise on a tread mill everyday at least 50 minutes. – less
Busy Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2014
Busy workplace. Employees get 10% off on every purchase. which is great.
Steady and secure job with a few benefits
Maintenance Worker/Greeter (Current Employee), Dufferin MallNovember 21, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits
Cons: overnight shift, lazy coworkers
A typical day at work involves cleaning certain parts of the store, such as toilets, floors, carpets and throwing out the trash. Occasionally I am asked to help with stocking shelves and receiving grocery load.
If asked what the hardest part of the job is I would have to answer the maintenance of the carpets, however I have doing it for the past couple – more... years now and it has become second nature to me; the most enjoyable part are the breaks.
I feel that I have definitely picked up skills that are generally useful in life as well as transferable work skills, because you can pretty much be a cleaner at any place. Also, I enjoy the security of working for a company such as Walmart because of the job security it provides as well as certain benefits. – less
Fast paced, growing global retail giant
Vice-President (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2014
Pros: very busy. huge growth. global experience. strategic. nimble.
Cons: low cost operation with very limited investment into resources.
Excellent opportunity to be able to transform the Walmart supply chain for apparel. I gained tremendous experience leveraging the power of Walmart's global resources to drasticaly improve the end-to-end processes, systems and financial performance of the business unit.
Not flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary ABNovember 18, 2014
I am a student, I started working at Walmart to try and make money for living when the year finished. They were not accomidating at all with the hours I needed, they gave me to many hours and I have been over worked to the point im so stressed out I cant even function properly.
Amazing team oriented company
Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, OntarioNovember 18, 2014
Walmart is a very team oriented company. They value the opinion of all workers and work towards the benefit of everyone.
Managers really listen to you and make you feel comfortable and welcome to express your concerns and opinions.
The overall atmosphere is great, everyone is friendly with each other as well with the customers.
It is hard when you are – more... first starting but everyone there is willing to help you out. When dealing with upset customers is not easy but the training they give really helps you make the situation better. Also, the managers are there to help you out.
The best part of the job is that everyone is so friendly and helpful and so you never feel left out or concern about not having anyone to help you out. – less
Great place to work, especially for students, as they are pretty flexible for the most part
Customer Service specialist (Current Employee), Marlborough, Calgary, A.B., CanadaNovember 18, 2014
A typical day at work consists mostly of returning products for costumers, doing western union and helping costumers with whatever questions or complaints they might have. Working at Walmart really teaches how to be patient and how to stay calm and professional no matter what costumers say to you or throw at you. Management is pretty great for the most – more... part, they take good care of the store and the employees. My co-workers were the best part about working at Walmart, everyone got along great and it felt like a big family. The hardest part of working in costumer service is definitely dealing with difficult costumers. It can be very difficult to stay professional when faced with a costumer who is yelling and swearing at you about something that is not your fault. As I've mentioned before, the highlight of my job was always my co-workers, we were really like a family. – less
Safe and Fun workplace
Costumer Service (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paid 15min breaks, awesome lunch hours, discount in the instore mcdonalds
Cons: zoning the shelves every 30 minutes
I believe that the management and co-workers are really good. I enjoyed the interaction with the costumers very much when I worked there. I also learned how to deal with those everyday costumers and it was normal to have the same ones come in every second day to shop and buy meat.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more