Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,498 reviews matching the search
felxible with your schedule but they expect too much of you but pay so little
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 May 2017
Great people work there, I made great friends. Walmart is flexible with your schedule but they are making many changes in the company. I dont recommend working at Walmart.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 May 2017
A fairly straight forward work basis day to day kind of thing.
I've learnt to operate the power jack & walky-stalker as well as the wave (1 person mobile platform lift).
Management is understanding and listens as well as directions give are straight to the point.
Everyone here that I have worked with has had a very happy going atmosphere and willingness to help out if requested.
Shipping and receiving has to be one of my enjoyable positions while working here, next to unloading trailers with the evening unloaders.
Cons
Overtime, and working on Holidays, if requested.
Productive, fast-paced
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS13 May 2017
Overall, working here is okay. The environment is very fast-paced and you must be able to handle situations quickly and well. I've learned a lot of great skills that will help me further my career in retail.
Pros
hour lunches
positive fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 May 2017
I loved working here it was definitely an experience i'll have for life. I learned so many techniques how to handle a customer if they are irate, or disappointed with a sale. it was very valuable job experience
Pros
great money
Cons
long shifts standing in one spot
Decent, but busy feeling
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2017
Overall, a decent place to work. The hours can drag on, but the reward of helping out a customer will make it feel worth it. Most of the staff is friendly, but it sometimes can feel busy and isolated at the same time.

The workplace is filled with interesting things, so in the rare event you ever run out of stock to put away and no cleaning to be done, and you've helped or been declined by the customers in the area, at least you won't find yourself tapping your foot trying to pass the time.
Pros
Lots to do, always someone to help, friendly staff
Cons
Time seems to drag on some days, hard to get more hours in certain departments, there's always at least one irate customer per shift seemingly
Positive environment with encouraging managers
In stock associate/Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
working at Walmart was a great experience, and a good opportunity to learn and adapt to the workplace. The work is simple and the staff are friendly and provide assistance to others.
Pros
10% discount on in-store items.
Cons
managers rarely respond to pages
Productive and Fast Pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 May 2017
A typical day was enjoyable at the front end, i learned a lot about customer service and enjoyed the presence of my co-workers on a daily basis. Dealing with customer issues was always easy, but was sometimes difficult to deal with
Fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 May 2017
Walmart is an good place to work for a couple of years. But I'm looking g for other job because I will love to work with cars and I will like to move on from Walmart
Pros
Free lunches
Not enough staff
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2017
Hours were always cut because of tax season every year.
There is room for advancement
management is really good
just need more hours and some people need better work ethic
Pros
free pizza and cake
Cons
cheap hours
Productive and good workplace
2 shift in stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2017
A typical day at 2 shift in stock associate in walmart is from 3.00 pm to 11.00 pm.I learned to work in warehouse and binning,picking,unloading and other skills.
Pros
Free coffee
fun
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2017
i love working Walmart, as a single mother it works on my time and Walmart co-worker are family to me , is a fun place o work at while you getting to learn new things and gain a lot of new experience
Pros
pizza nights
Excellent place to work
Responsibilities - Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2017
Walmart Canada is an excellent place to work. It is a dynamic environment where the day to day is ever changing. It's great if you enjoy hard work, fostering relationships and working with an abundance of knowledgeable colleagues.
Pros
Community Environment
Cons
Fine for a student, bad for a career
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 May 2017
Working on the floor is fine, the people I work with are great. Sadly the management don't know or care about what is needed to make the store run properly. Sundays we would have asides from cashiers probably about 5-6 people on the floor FOR THE ENTIRE STORE. Usually 2-3 of them are in electronics which is required but having no one around the rest of the store and they wonder why customers get frustrated or the high amount of shrink.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
poor staff management
Walmart Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON11 May 2017
It was good except no hours, the management was sometimes very polite which makes my day go by better.

The profit sharing was amazing, earning between 200-1500 yearly.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
No hours
I enjoyed working there, it made me overcome my shyness..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB10 May 2017
Dealing with customers was great, some were rude but I just stayed professional. My days there were tough at the beginning, but than I started to enjoy it. Talking with with customers & making friends but most importantly I loved my job there as a cashier.
Cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  calgary10 May 2017
its a nice job if you like friendly coworkers, somewhat friendly clients they varely hourly. the benefits are great very flexible hours and time goes by very fast
used to be a great place now, its just unbearble
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST, Woodstock (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 May 2017
Wlamrt used to be a fun great, happy place to work but as of late the environment is toxic. and management is highly lacking order, and needs serious help. not a happy place anymore
Fast paced big box retail with strong culture and drive to achieve
Fulfillment Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2017
I have worked there for many years over many positions and each afforded me a unique view of operations and enriched my experience there. Advancement opportunity and approachable management. Sound policy management and focus on health and safety. Great opportunity for independent leadership to grow.
it is a good learning experience
Overnight Associate / Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC10 May 2017
it is a good company to work for but each store has its own advantages and disadvantages as well as favouritism in each store as well advancing in walmart comes with a lot of sucking up to the currnet management
Friendly co-workers and straight forward work
Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 May 2017
Very friendly people to with and the work her is very straight forward and easy. You also get a small discount on anything you buy here. Overall was a good first job experience for me.
Pros
Friendly co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.