Walmart
29,065 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 1, 2014
I was lucky enough to be able to be a part of a team that built a Wal-Mart store in my city. Wal-Mart is about working as a team to provide the best customer service possible and it is a pleasure to work there.
Custmuer service manager
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hinton, ABApril 1, 2014
getting change dealing with customer complaints
how to deal with customers
management was good but charged often
A competitive, fast-paced, innovative company focused on the customer experience,
Administration Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 1, 2014
A typical day of work is auditing compliance aspects of the business, arranging repairs and training, and managing the performance of an office team through validation of processes. I have learned to manage effectively through a good example, education, and empathy. The most enjoyable part of the job remains the constant and varied interactions with – more... individuals. – less
Good benefits and some nice people
3rd shift in stock associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: some good people
Cons: some inefficient people
its generally an interesting place to work at. I work overnights so not bothered by customers is good too.
Most Enjoyable learn through job
2)Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 1, 2014
I have past last 3.5 month in Walmart as a customer service representative I have learn lots of thing as a new immigrant in canada
Great Culture, Good Pay
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee), New Liskeard, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: good managment
Cons: hard to book time off
Wal-Mart, out of most of the student jobs in the New Liskeard area has the highest pay I have seen. Not to mention the management team is really good, and when I go to work I feel as though I am apart of a larger organization and they try to understand my needs.
Hectic days at work
cashier (Former Employee), Surrey BCApril 1, 2014
Pros: break times.
Cons: short staffed always
In some ways I really liked working at walmart, but more so because of the other people who worked there, but other than that, it was a hectic day at work everyday. You had to pull more than your load, and it was very unfair sometimes. It wasn't worth the money, you did more work that you got paid for. It was too much sometimes.
very fast pace, very physical
Deli, Meat, and Bakery Manager (Current Employee), Duncan, BCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: over all not a bad place to work
Cons: very fast pace, very physical
very hard
BUT......
very understanding
huge family oriented
good profit sharing program
fun workplace, welcoming co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: giving great customer service
Cons: long hours
* I start off by checking myself in to work (my shift). I Immediately head to my work station
* I learned how to handle the new items and merchandize
* Management was easy and followed the rules and regulations to the tea.
* co-workers made your day much easier. they were very kind, friendly and welcoming.
* If I can think of one thing that would be – more... the hardest part of the job is the end of your shift. you must clean up finish what your doing and head out.
* The most enjoyable part of the job I'd honestly say is the Wal-Mart team and customers. – less
Working at Wal-Mart
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2014
Stocking shelves and keeping stocks in order to make them presentable.
Direct customers to location of articles sought.
Renovated Wal-Mart displays and aisles to fit the new layout.
Stocking Associate for Food/Produce/and General merchandise.
Productive, fast and great people
3rd Shift Instock (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: salary rate
A typical day at Walmart is fast, you're expect to get a lot done so time moves very quickly. I work the night shift as a 3rd shift instock, my Job is to perform picks, bin the overstock as the night goes by, sometimes I'll get to receive whatever truck delivers coming in.
At Walmart I learnt that improve and becoming a better employee depends on you – more... and how motivated you are. I learn to communicate better, work harder and smart and developed my skills and talents in ways I didn't taught possible.
My co-workers are the best. I enjoy working with them because they're as hardwork as I am.
Hardest part of my job is trying to get everything done. There is a lot. you're basically trying to get 3 days work done in 7 hours.
Most enjoyable is seeing progress get made. – less
n/a
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 30, 2014
The co-workers at walmart are very friendly and very helpful. You can always count on someone to give you a helping hand.

Management at walmart are well respected and very understanding to your needs on how to help you get the job done.

The Hardest part about the job is making sure the receiving truck is done unloading on time.
High Energy Job
Manager, Seasonal Department (Former Employee), Mount Pearl, NLMarch 30, 2014
Pros: working with a good crew
Cons: more management involvement
A typical day would be, doing a tool box meeting, then make sure that the plan is set for the day work with co workers to insure that all levels for the customer service is met. Unload trucks put merchandise in the appropriate spots, Insure that all product is on the sales floor.
Horrible Place To Work
STORE STANDARD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 30, 2014
Cons: everything
If you want to keep your dignity and respect you will never ever apply to work there.
The company cares more about money than thier own associates.
I once injured myself at work and filed for an injury accident report, the next day I tried calling in sick because I could barely walk, as I had dropped a 500 pound generator on my foot (even while wearing – more... steel toed boots, the steel in the boot had been crushed due to the amount of weight). The managers threatened me, by saying that if I didnt show up they would fire me. – less
I hated it.
sales floor associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 29, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: low pay, constant harassment, just a miserable time all around
I was employeed by Walmart for almost a year, and throughout that entire time it was a miserable experience for me. The managers dogged me constantly, forced me to work through my breaks, and constantly harassed me over the pager. I finally had enough and left, and good riddance.

Plus, the pay sucked for the things I had to go through regularly by – more... managers or customers. The only upside was that the other associates were kinda okay. – less
Fun environment to work and grow.
Cashier (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABMarch 28, 2014
Pros: experience, team work, and friends
Cons: long hours standing at a till
I had a lot of fun work under the Wal Mart super centre in Spruce Grove. They let me gain more experience and develop fantastic customer service skills that will help me in future careers.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMarch 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at walmart because management were very helpful and understanding.
ok to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
waiting on guest and loved all my co-workers cleaning and handling money
Good First Job!
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 27, 2014
As a first Job Walmart was enjoyable, in the beginning. For my first two years I enjoyed going to work every morning. I had decent hours and most of my management was kind. During the last six months it did go down in enjoyment due to change in faculty. I loved my coworkers and most other associates and was sad to go. But I did not feel room to grow – more... at Walmart. – less
nice, safe work envirement
cash office associate (Former Employee), SQ1 MissisaugaMarch 27, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: low income
I learn a lot about team work, people, responsibility.
Christmas, back to school, boxing day seasons, full hand of work.
Steady job.

About Walmart

Walmart Canada is the Canadian unit of Wal-Mart and was founded in 1994 in Mississauga, Ontario with the purchase of the Canadian – Read more