Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,398 reviews matching the search
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick24 November 2016
Love it till i moved to alberta, nice environment to work and wonderful people. Fun fast pace and great team work. Great management and loved my regulars.
A varied work load
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON24 November 2016
Walmart presented me with a variety of work experience, largely due to the fact that they are consistently understaffed. The company touts respect for the individual, but the fact is that the management is largely a bunch of people that have come to Walmart as teens and "grown" with the company and haven't attained the educational experience to supervise their staff effectively. Everybody is miserable.
Pros
varied work experience
Cons
chaos
Busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 November 2016
I only worked there less than two months, but in the time I was there, it was very fast paced and everyone was really bossy and yelled a lot if I was going to slow. I was very new to the work world so I was still getting used to it. I had to quit due to personal issues so I did not really get to experience it to the fullest.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Customers treat you with No respect
Appreciated the advancements Walmart had to offer.
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 November 2016
Walmart trained me in stocking, cashier, how to use a power jack ( for moving stock) I started in the back in stock, later I was promoted to sales. The management team always treated me fairly and with respect. Thus making it a positive working environment.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Casual hours
Great staff
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB23 November 2016
Most management was very friendly and willing to teach. Majority of other employees were kind and willing to assist when needed.
Fun place to work, productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS23 November 2016
I enjoyed working hear as it was a grate fun productive place to work.
The people got along with each other while trying to meat deadlines as sometimes had lots of pressure but we would hit it on with a clear head and a positive attitude.
Deli worker
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 November 2016
In this job i learn how to improve my skills and services such as preparing and cooking a large assortment of meat products. I learned to multitask and manage my time due to the fast-paced and fluctuating work load.
was ok but comapny changed
stocking associate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON22 November 2016
worked for 9 years saw many changes over the years treat employees like slaves only interested in making money and saving money by cutting hours on the staff and giving the minimum amount of hours.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
bad managers
Operations
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
Advancement at SCM was pretty much predetermined and not based on your work performance. It was frustrating for many members who worked hard and did not gain recognition or advancement. Management advancement was based on who you knew.
Walmart
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL22 November 2016
my typical day at work would involve joyful dedicated and easy to work will all individuals. I am very energetic and like to complete all tasks at the end of my day. I am a very well organized person work and at home, that makes my day much easier. I like to see people with smiles on their faces everyday and for them to be able to smile back at me, that gives me confidence in myself knowing that I done right.
Horrible system
Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 November 2016
Overworked and understaffed, workers constantly getting yelled at...even in front of customers. Not a good place to work for if you care about customer service.
Pros
Easy to move into management due to high turnover rate
Cons
Scheduling is a nightmare as they don't take you into consideration
You couldn't get me to go back there if they tried
Sales Associate / Overnight Stock (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 November 2016
Well they don't pay all that great, and they have a lot of drama in the business and if you weren't on board with them, or that particular person then you are out of luck for advancement.
Decent job, rude coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 November 2016
During my time working at Walmart I experience some friendly coworkers but also came across some rather rude supervisors that were not on top of making sure their fellow coworkers are okay and slacking when cashiers are calling for help. Not only that, they talked down to everyone and never sent anyone on their breaks on time, they would have a habit of sending people on their breaks sometimes two hours late because they didn't organize the breaks properly according to when each cashier had started their shifts.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Long hours, rude supervisors, late breaks
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC20 November 2016
I've enjoyed my experience working at Walmart but it's time to move on and start my career elsewhere. I will miss many of the people I work with but i will be happy to say goodbye.
Good Place to Work
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS19 November 2016
Overall one of the best places I've worked.
Staff is great.Lots of hours are available if you want them.
Opportunity for advancement
Welcoming of everyone
Great people, awful place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 November 2016
I work with great people, but the long shifts are horrible. I barely see my wife now. Lot of great costumers, very few rude customers and some are just a pain in the a**.
productive,enjoy achevieving a job.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2016
every day start with 15 minutes about a safety in and around the warehouse,learned a lot about safe work,do the job with no incident,all people around ,management or co-worker a very nice people .
Pros
free lunches for many occasion a year around, management meeting .
Cons
water and fridges are on site
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
i learned of how to interact with customer in any sort of event.
Fitting with my co workers were very easy. they introduce me to everyone in the first day of my job.
Pros
10 percent discount
Cons
less salary
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON17 November 2016
I had a lot of fun working here
The hardest part about working at Wal-Mart was having to deal with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of working at Wal-Mart was the people I worked with and learning new things.
Deli/Bakery (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS17 November 2016
Really great place to work, co workers are very friendly. Management is also great. Friendly environment, overall great place to work at. Would recommend to a person to imply there if looking for a job.