Walmart
32,844 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good to place to work if you have no life and full open avaialblity
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: you sometime have a mcdonalds in your store
Cons: long hours no room for advancement
a typical day of work consists of signing in and going on your register to help cash out customers i learned that even when customers arent right they have to be you you have to keep your calm because their has been many times where i want to snap the csm are great but the mangers i dont even know what to say about them... the hardest part of the job – more... is standing for 9+ hours a day it gets tiring and annoying and the pay is not worth it the most enjoyable part of my day si clocking out .. – less
Jack-of-all Trades
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity for growth
Cons: barely above minimum wage pay
I spent 7 years at Wal-Mart, starting as a Cashier and climbing to Department Manager. I learned a great many things during my time there; I even had to opportunity to attend their Management Training School. It is a fast paced environment with a lively associate culture. However, I felt that after 7 years my hard work was no longer appreciated when – more... I was shuffled to the night shift after having cut the “shrink” due to theft in their Jewelry department by half in my one year of its management, with no thank-you. This employer is wonderful if you are a student looking for part-time work or are looking to join upper Management, but is not ideal as a long term associate level career. – less
The job was horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJuly 3, 2014
During the day i would unload trucks one box at a time place them on skids then if there was a second truck unload that one and then after we wrap the skids and pull them to the floor to there specific places. The managers were not very helpful and the co-workers were rude.
Walmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maple, ONJuly 3, 2014
Work was simple.
Sometimes too much is asked of you at once and it is impossible to complete every task given to you in a day because they keep getting added to your list.
a job well done
o\n stocker (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
depts.worked in.pets,toys sports & most all G.M. side . stocking & zoneing
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: 1 hour lunch but unpaid
Not as good as i thought..the new changed management is not as good as the previous one.
the work is alright. its too much between few associates, too much pressure during closing times.
decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 2, 2014
not bad place for your first job
laid back
managers don't know much
Can be a great job
Manager (Current Employee), West End EdmontonJuly 2, 2014
Pros: quick raise, steady work
Cons: long hours, not the nicest clientel
Mostly taking passport type photos, but when you did get families in the family aspect of it was nice. There was only ever me at work, made for long days.
Best retail store in the Canada
Support Manager (Current Employee), Kindersley, SKJuly 2, 2014
Pros: leadership
Cons: long hours
.Merchandising ,Stocking ,Assigning task to overnight stockers by following company standards and policies.
.Leadership and management Skills,integrate and co-ordinate with team to get the maximum results.
.Broad minded, always ready to help to solve my job related problems.
.Productivity is only thing which needs to be focused.
.Co -workers are good – more... .
.Decision Making is the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
my duties at walmart
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABJuly 1, 2014
Did cashiering, also worked in fashion folding clothes putting out stock, worked in the back sorting skids or pallets of products to be put out on the floor. In early august I helped set up the store as far as putting up shelves, pegs doing mods etc. I did returns and exchanges at customer service.
Good place to gain skills working with the public
Shoes sales associate (Current Employee), Brockville, ONJuly 1, 2014
You work within a great team and learn many skills that you can apply within your career.
Cashier (Current Employee), Alliston, ONJune 30, 2014
Interacting with customers is always a plus, as well as co-workers. The hardest part about this job is helping a customer who is disappointed in either a product or an issue that is related to this store. The best part about this job is being able to communicate with new faces everyday, and putting a smile on customer's faces.
slow going
Lot Maintainer (Former Employee), grande prairieJune 30, 2014
easy going , able to fulfill other duties. smooth job placement for a school kid.
Good stepping stone.
In-Stock/warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, two paid 15 minute breaks when working 8 hour shifts
Cons: pay
Not a great career choice but it will help you build your skills and help prepare you for a career elsewhere.
Fast paced and friendly work environment.
Stocked shelves on over night crew (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: kept me busy and on my toes.
Cons: repetitive lifting of heavy crates caused me physical trauma.
During a typical night at work I mostly unloaded skids and distributed products to their proper shelves. I feel like I gained exceptional organization skills as well as I became very familiar with a scanner called 'Gemini'. Though it was difficult to unload my quota of skids during the allotted time, it also made the night fly by which I absolutely – more... loved. Being entirely engrossed in my work while being surrounded by helpful and friendly co-workers and management that left you alone unless help was needed was great. Unfortunately, due to a previous injury to my left hand I wasn't able to keep the job as the continuous lifting caused me a lot of pain. – less
Highly productive workplace.
Sales Associate in Toys Department / Cashier (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaJune 28, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, occasional rewards
Cons: underpaid for amount of hard work accomplished.
A typical day at work would include stocking shelves with large quantities of products, relieving cashiers for their breaks, non-stop movement and helping customers with what they need.
I learned how to deal with customers, and in my personal life, people, that could be considered difficult to handle.
The management and co-workers were easy to work – more... with and were also easy to ask for help when needed.
The hardest part of my job was picking up after kids non-stop, but the most enjoyable part was helping others and making great friendships throughout my work period. – less
Decent Workplace
Overnight staff (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJune 27, 2014
Pros: friendly-workers, staff discount, decent wage
Cons: too many managers working at the same time, conflicting directions were sometimes given
I actually found Walmart to be a great employer. The hours were steady and predictable, my fellow staff were super friendly and helpful, and the pay was above minimum wage, which was a huge plus.

A typical day at work for me while employed there was arriving at 10:30pm to get ready for an 11pm start. Staff meetings would be at 10:45, where everyone – more... would find out which departments and tasks they had that shift. I was usually in grocery rotating stock, restocking if product was available, and pulling stock to the front of displays if none was available to restock. I also helped set up new displays. Occasionally an employee would be pulled from their assigned tasks to help in another department.

During our lunch break it wasn't uncommon to find a large number of staff members in the lunchroom playing Magic the Gathering, or some other multiplayer game. And at the end of the shift it wasn't uncommon for people to offer rides to co-workers if they were heading in the direction of their neighborhood.

All in all this was one of my best work experiences. – less
great assocates
Photo Shop Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJune 27, 2014
Pros: working with costumers
Cons: working with costumers
was a great place to work for 24 years i worked with some great people and love my reg. costumers
friendly people, good work environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers, occasional staff lunches
Typical day included constant stock of produce, going through all items checking dates and rearranging them according to dates. Co-workers were fantastic. I learned how to constantly keep busy, always had a job to do or a task to complete.
productive, high volume workplace and fast paced
Cashier/ cosmetics associate (Former Employee), mission BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: the friendly staff
Cons: their *full time* and wage
On a day to day basis I put out stock and do price changes as well as help any customers that had any questions. Also, I learned how to time manage myself better as well as become a little more outgoing and less shy. The hardest part is prepping for inventory as well as juggling stock and customer service.

About Walmart

Walmart Canada is the Canadian unit of Wal-Mart and was founded in 1994 in Mississauga, Ontario with the purchase of the Canadian – Read more