Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,745 reviews matching the search
Lot's of opportunity for advancement
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON15 February 2017
At Walmart, if you have the right attitude, you can go as far as you like. With so many different departments I was able to transfer when I needed a change. The workplace itself had a bit of a gossip problem, but you're going to find that everywhere. Management maintained their open door policy, and the company itself has a lot of resources for its workforce. I enjoyed my time here, the experience I gained as well as the meaningful relationships are invaluable.
Decent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC15 February 2017
Not the greatest place to work, but it pays the bills.
Some co workers friendly, customers are not to friendly.
Wouldn't recommend for long term employment
fun working place
accounting firm associate (Former Employee) –  cashier15 February 2017
learned about daily cash transaction, dealing with customer , healthy environment , good co workers ready to help , more opportunities in different departments .
Pros
benefits like schooling
Cons
time adjustment during scholl
Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB15 February 2017
I need more hours in order to be able to support my family and they aren't able to give me that, I don't appreciate the way some of the management is with their staff. I would like a better work environment for myself.
great work enviroment place!
Night Crew (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 February 2017
Learn new skills everyday
All of the coworkers are friendly and helpful
Always get great feed from the trainer
A lot of physical involvement
Pros
1 hour break
Underpaid and Overworked
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 February 2017
Underpaid and overworked for the type of job that is asked, plus, more. Multi-tasking jobs other than your own and cleaning up after other shift's garbage. However, customers are great. Staff can be a little bit more friendly with less favourtism.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Lazy people
Walmart is a fun place to work and the management is supportive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga14 February 2017
Walmart has been a good experience for me and i got the opportunity to interact with a number of interesting customers and build relationships. The pay is not as good as expected but I got to learn about the mechanism behind running a superstore.
Pros
Opportunity to Interact with a number of interesting people
Cons
Poor orientation and lack of guidance
Great Place To Work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON14 February 2017
Very laid back environment with lots of chances for advancement/change of responsibility. Walmart focuses on in-house hiring, so if you have a degree/diploma in a field that Walmart offers while working there, you'd looked at first for eligibility. Annual raises as well as chances to change your position as frequently as the jobs are posted. A lot of micromanagement, but that's to be expected with a corporate chain such as Walmart.
productive n fun staff and very busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
walmart was an very exciting opportunity that was thrilling rewarding challening i always felt welcomed by co workers managers loved coming to work everyday seeing the friendly smiles of staff and greeting customers i loved working for walmart and would love to work for them again
It was a very Fast paced but fun experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 February 2017
Working at Wal-Mart was my most successful career thus far. I genuinely enjoyed working there because they find a good balance between work life and personal life. They gave good hours and were flexible with the schedule that was made.

The coworkers were also fun people to work with that made my job fun. These things all made me want to come to work. Also, the customers at Wal-Mart were also very nice people.

I rarely had any conflicts with customers because I know how to diffuse a situation and properly listen to the customer explaining their problem.
Pros
Good breaks
Walmart Experience so far
ELECTRONICS SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON14 February 2017
- Deal with lots of interesting people
- Patience is Key when dealing with some people
- Hours per week flux based on season
- Odd product management
- Weird Security measures
Pros
safe and clean work place
Cons
doing more than 1 persons work occasionally
They could appreciate their workers more.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 February 2017
Outside of a handful of managers, working at Walmart had been a predictable, overbearing experience and felt very underpaid on more than one occasion.
Great entry level job!
Courtesy Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 February 2017
Gives good entry level experience to people joining the workforce
values and HR are highly valued
Offer a flexible work schedule
good work enviroment
Stock Clerk, Cashier, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON13 February 2017
fun workplace, have a team cheer in morning meeting to get staff going. Fun store to work at. I work in a small store so we have great customer service
Disorganized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Selkirk, MB13 February 2017
Very disorganized. Management rarely ever knows what to do when approached. They really want Walmart to be your number one priority in life. They try and pull fast ones and take advantage on teenage employees, important to know your rights as an employee. My manager admitted To me she did not know how to work in my department (one she looked over). It's very messy place to work.
Pros
Friends you make.
Cons
Managment
sales photography sales
PHOTOGRAPHY SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
i would open the studio and check last night messages and turn on equipement and computers for all day use. i would greet the costumers and shoot family portraits and passport photos.take inventory of the studio and portraits for customers.enter data and invoices and recieve payments.i would be able to close the studio and balance till for the night.
Pros
take professional photos
Great people, awful company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 February 2017
The studio was a great place to work, some days extremely fun, others very boring. The business changed and they began demanding people be conned into packages that they didn't want nor could afford. We we not allowed to be creative nor bring in items that were not part of the usual package. I learned that kids and families are hard to make smile all at once, but sometimes the best shots were the ones that were destined for the trash.
Pros
Fun and creative enviroment
Cons
Extremely long hours
Was great in the begining
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
When I was hired I had an amazing store manager and an amazing district manager.
District manager got married and moved. new district manager came in and power went to her head and she made a lot of changes that caused a lot of people to quit.
Pros
free photography session for family every year
Cons
getting puked on by babies and toddlers during photo sessions
Fast paced work environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 February 2017
I enjoyed my job as it carried out a lot of responsibilities and met many deadlines. Working alone and as a team taught many skills that I will be able to apply to jobs in the future.
great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON13 February 2017
i really like working at Walmart great one of the best jobs i had. got to work with some really great people made my day go faster
Pros
i liked everything
Cons
N/A