Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,700 reviews matching the search
great training
Shoe division manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 June 2017
This was my founding career. I had mentors who saw in me more than I did in myself. The time and training invested has formed the manager I am now. The only reason I left is I had no desire to be moved away from my family for the second time.
Productive and Fun
Cashier - Wal-Mart Canada Corp (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 June 2017
Great place to work, friendly customers and managers, great work environment. Hours and workload can be long but break times do make up for the hard work.
Pharmacy was good with great people
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 June 2017
Working in the pharmacy was very fun and enjoyable. Had a few good coworkers, management was ok. Scheduling conflicts were a dime a dozen. Salary left much to be desired but the benefits were really good for that place. Overall, a good place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Parking lot damages on your car
work
Security/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC17 June 2017
A bit of a hectic experience at the time, as, managers were in constant flux while I worked for this company. Minimum wage has increased dramatically since then.
Interesting job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB17 June 2017
Day to day I worked as a cashier. I learned about customer service, returns and exchanges. I learned cash flow management processes as well throughout my time there.
Working hard for the best
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON17 June 2017
Being someone who's had experience in the past of organizing movie and game products, this job working in the electronics department was great as it allowed me to put these skills to the use and making the department look as clean and tidy as possible. The environment and employees were also really good as we all were able to help each other out in any situation, while I was also able to learn some new skills, like cashier, along with improving my interaction with customers. The store provides a great amount of resources so that we will be able to do the best job possible.
Pros
Vast organization options, multiple different jobs to accomplish, friendly and helpful employees
Cons
Sparatic hours, sometimes short on other employees
Nice and easy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
Walmart was a good job for me, it kick started my customer service liking, I was able to relate and socialize with several people and work fast pace while bringing satisfied smiles to their face.
The job involves quick counting and remembering codes for produce products.
Pros
Fun Job, Lovely environment, Good managers.
Cons
Long breaks.
Met some good people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 June 2017
I worked at Walmart part-time
Pros
You get a bonus if walmart does good in sales at the end of the year, good if you're desperate for money and a job
Cons
Felt like jail, they didn't want you to talk to your coworkers, not fun, management didn't care about employees, get written up for the smallest things
Good people Poor Hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB15 June 2017
My peers at Wal-Mart were great friendly people but the hours the company asked us to work were poor as well as the conditions. I could work the closing shift one night and the opening shift the next or work six to seven days in a row.
Pros
Friendly staff/co-workers
Cons
Long hours for to low of pay
I enjoyed working at this location, staff are very friendly, management are very supportive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL15 June 2017
I only worked here a short time but I enjoyed working there. The staff are friendly and easy to get along with, management are also friendly and supportive. The hours were good and flexible.
review Walmart
Cashier & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 June 2017
this job had little to no room for advancement unless you live and breath walmart. the pay was well below the what you deserve for the amount of work that you were required to accomplish. while you work at walmart your life doesn't matter, your problems don't matter, your goals don't matter. more often than not you will be demanded to work odd shifts some over 14 hours per day. the management team at walmart are unskilled and ignore the requests and complaints of there workers. i have nothing good to say about this job
I am always busy at Walmart
Dairy/Freezer Dept Manager (Current Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB15 June 2017
Life is never boring as a dept manager at Walmart especially in the summer months. I however would like more family friendly hours. Our new Manager is great to work for and tries her best to help us out when we need it. The hardest part of my job is getting all of the freight put away especially when we are short staffed.
Pros
Managers are great to work with
Cons
The hours aren't very family friendly
fun working environment pour management
cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB15 June 2017
would go to the back and clock in then make my way to the front to find my customer service manager and get my breaks and make my way to my till, i would greet customers and scan their items while keeping small talk through the process
Pros
every fun staff
Cons
bad hours, bad scheduling
Everyone was so nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife15 June 2017
Walmart was my first job and I can honestly say I very much so enjoyed it. Everyone was so nice, my training was short and simple, I got the hang of it very quickly and overall a great job
Pros
Fun people
Worked Co-op in highschool
Walmart (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON15 June 2017
co workers where great my supervisor was a family friend so i didnt feel alone, a really welcoming workplace over all and no negitives to really mention about my time there
Pros
very positive workplace
Cons
Overall its a good place to work
1st Shift Instock (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 June 2017
Every job has its good and bad days. Walmart can be a wonderful place to work 99% of the time. Sometimes with how situations are handled though, it makes the work environment very undesirable.
Pros
Associates are great
Cons
Understaffed
ok for students
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 June 2017
great place for students but not so great if you are looking to advance within a company. you bust your butt off only to get kicked back down again and many broken promises
work with interesting and nice people
Greeter and, cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 June 2017
i worked with people who made the day go by nicely and fast while still making sure all the customers were always happy and satisfied while working my shift.
Milk
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC14 June 2017
I stocked dairy aisle, cleaned the dairy line, and received milk from truck. I worked for walmart for just over 3 month and all i saw was a general state of apathy from management and staff.. an example is going to management with solution and the management would give you more problems... i do not think i will work for walmart again.
Environnement agréable
Hôte d'accueil (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB14 June 2017
Ce que j'avais aimé dans mon expérience, c'était d'avoir accueilli des visages familiers (membres de famille, ancien professeurs).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval