Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun working place
cashier (Former Employee), cole harbour nsAugust 9, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: night work
I like working for wal -mart They were very nice people to work for
team player who worked under pressure
The management was every nice to work for
all my co- workers worked with you and help you like a team
The hardest part of the job was working late at night when I had to drive home
the most enjoyable time was when I was working with my co-worker
they were very nice people to work for.
learned
Support Manager Overnight (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 8, 2015
Pros: good experience in customer handling
Cons: no quick career advancement
How to plan great events, handle huge number of participants, and direct associates for success of events where in stake holders are dozens in number.
overall
w (Former Employee), scarboroughAugust 8, 2015
was decent job terrible pay and terrible hours good people work their and met alot of friends. Some managers had power trips and though they owned the walmart
LOVED LOVED working there
Cashier/Shoe associate (Former Employee), Moose Jaw, SKAugust 7, 2015
Very team orientated, Lovely people working there. Over all I really enjoyed working there. I would definitely go back there in the future!
If anyone needs a job apply here.
Great Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Sydney, NSAugust 7, 2015
Pros: meeting with customers
Cons: didn't develop into permanent career
A typical day at Wal-Mart was very fast paced and required me to frequently assigned different responsibilities from customer service to stocking shelved using bar code assigning to merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job was my helping the customers
A Good Start
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Little Supervision
Cons: High Standards
I thought Walmart was a good company to have a first job in. The management team is welcoming and friendly, while the co workers are helpful and fun. The job can be frustrating but a good days work is satisfying.
good workplace
2nd shiftinstock (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 6, 2015
Pros: 2 15 minute breaks (paid) and a 1 hour lunch break. fair amount of work.
Cons: poor management, low pay
it was a good starter level job. But has low pay for amount of work guven. Many managers have little to very little management skills and experience.
Not the best job I've ever had.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 6, 2015
It was ok working there but the pay isn't great. There is room to advance, but that comes with more responsibility and not much more money. I did meet some super people there though.
Decent work place.
Receiver / Merchandiser (Former Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Decent work, benefits, pay
Cons: Working overnights.
Worked in various departments around store stocking shelves ( Dairy, fresh/ frozen, eggs, produce, furniture, Health and Beauty, pets, seasonal).
Worked in receiving unloading trucks and doing temp checks as the pallets come off the truck.
Cleaning back dairy coolers and milk racks with degreasers, hot water and sanitizers).
Changing featured items every other day, pricing, use of telxon scanner and printer.
dynamic company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 5, 2015
very smart, well focused, respect for everyone. very fast paced company. fun to work. Remarkable helping attitude . I have learned to handle multitask smoothly in a very stretch full situation.
My Opinion
CASHIER (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONAugust 4, 2015
I am a cashier, so my typical day is standing behind a register cashing customers out, creating conversations, making sure that they have a great experience at Walmart considering I am the last person they see before exiting the store. I have learned a lot while working at Walmart. Some things I will take with me in the future and other things I will not. Management and co-workers are usually easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers whether they are young, middle aged or older.
nbjklh uhpuioh;
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Leamington, ONAugust 4, 2015
this job requires a lot of dedication as it requires waking up at the crack of dawn, walking through dewy cornfields, and acquiring a nasty corn rash. Again, a great started job as it pays quite nice.
production and fast paste.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be to assist each customer to the best of your ability and to mention daily/weekly sales that were occurring.
Sky is the limit for career growth, everyday a new learning.
Compliance & Safety Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 4, 2015
Supportive management, positive environment, fun place to work, sky is the limit for career growth. Everyday is a new challenge and a new learning. Enjoyed every bit of my 13 years with Wal-mart.
A nice place to work with opportunity to grow
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee), Kanata, ONAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Learning new things to help expand retail knowledge
Cons: Certain co-workers working habits
A typical day at work is coming in an stocking/binning product that the overnight crew was unable to work.

I've learned how to be part of a team in a retail environment along with individual tasks and how to prioritize tasks in ways to better assist customers and increase sales.

Management was unstable at times but certain management members took on extra responsibilities to make the store run smoothly.

For the most part the co-workers are helpful in completely tasks but other times they need someone there to make sure the job is completely well.

The hardest part of the job is having to make up for others lack in work. For example if the morning associate fails to organize the produce cooler the closing associate must do so along with other mandatory tasks.

The most enjoyable part of working at Walmart is learning new things within various departments. Unfortunately these things can only be learned once and when mastered it becomes second nature.
Good work experience with great benefits and salary as a management team member.
Back Room Manager (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Breakfast meetings with Management team at the in-store restaurant.
Cons: Certain Management at store level.
I enjoyed most of my Walmart career. As with any job, there are opportunities to both learn and experience change. With the positions held and levels of steps in the company, I feel there was an overall enjoyment of the people and company.
A large company with lots of changes constantly and lots of room to grow
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orleans, ONAugust 2, 2015
Pros: enjoyed being in charge of a large team and seeing the productivity
Cons: management was not working as a team
I enjoyed working at Walmart, the changes and challenges kept you on your toes and always learning something new. Some nights we had fun with the associates to make it seem like the nights were not so long. Walmart helped a lot when times were rough. The hardest part about my job was the knowledge that I may never work days and l\always be on nights I really enjoyed working for Walmart. The Management was good and the associates were good as well. Everyone works as a team. I take away from this job the knowledge of how to be a good assistant manager. A typical day for me would be to show up an hour before my schedule, get my associates on paper as to where the will be stocking for the night. Double checking that the freight numbers are correct and that I have enough associates to get the jobs expected of me from my store manager complete. The rest of the night would be walking the store making sure associates are working as fast and efficiently as they can, answering questions associates may have. Doing some merchandising. Attendance tracking of associates.. I would at times have to write up evaluations on associates this was done on every associates every year. At the end of each night we would walk with he store manger to inspect the condition of the store.
Garden center
Associate (Former Employee), 5000 Highway 7August 1, 2015
Pros: Outdoors
Cons: Temporary
I really enjoyed working at the Garden Center. The position may be temporary, but the job is very simple, lifting soil, watering plants, maintaining cleanliness in the store, and cashier duty.
walmart is always fun working place
Department Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2015
Pros: free pizza end of month and bonus every year
Cons: long hours overtime
when I came in Canada I start my career from walmart as a part time associate and then I become full time associate and then dept manager.
Great company, lots of opportunity, maximize skills.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, Scarborough, MarkhamJuly 31, 2015
Pros: great benefit, good salary
Cons: long hours
Worked Wal-Mart 11 years. A great company to work. Started of as a part time associate, now I'm an assistant store manager. My day started with planning, guiding, following up with associates, dealing with customer concern, coaching my fellow associates, merchandising. A fun to work where everyday is very challenging, result driven and a very fast paced environment. I love my team and co-workers. We help each other, give constructive criticism, meeting weekly to discuss overall operation, people. There are lot of opportunities to grow and learn in the company,
Headquarters