Walmart

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HI
In Store Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), TORONTO, GTAApril 8, 2015
AMAZING JOB EXPERIENCE FOR THOSE WHO SEEK EXPERIENCE IN SECURITY AND ONE ON ONE WITH THE ACCUSED PARTY AND POLICE SERVICES.

GREAT JOB SECURITY AND TEAM TO WORK WITH.
Always busy
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 7, 2015
Pros: Many great people to work with
Cons: Un-even work shifts witch make it difficult to make plans
Working at walmart was great , it wasnt the ideal job but it paid the bills they was many nice people they and many not, the work there was balanced and stright forward overall it was a great job just not the one for me
It was an good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
busy with shoppers
how to use a electronic cash register
i did not like the management
didnt like most of my co-workers
was on my feet
meeting new people
Would not recommend at this time.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
If Walmart was a decent employer at one time, they are no longer. If you find a decent store, hang on to it like nothing else, because it is a gem in a sea of filth.
Walmart is the best place I have worked.
customer service representative (Current Employee), Brandon, MBApril 6, 2015
Walmart puts thie workers first in all things. the do this providing a work life balance by offering shifts that meets workers needs.
meh
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: advance schedule
Cons: everything else
before walmart had a complete revamp of the way it ran the business, you could hardly ever find anyone on the floor. now its about a thousand times harder to find anyone in the store to ask for help. the managers are cranky and mean. the coworkers are gossipy and nosy. the place is a disaster and no one cares enough about anyone because turnover is so high. the best part about the job is that you receive your schedule 3 weeks in advance so you can plan your life around your job.
they rarely hire full time, unless its management based. the only fulltime employees that are not managers have been around since before walmart was named walmart and they are all retiring soon. therefore there are no benefits for anyone lower than a manager. which leaves out single mothers and students.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), vaughan On.April 5, 2015
Cons: long hours
fast paced workplace
management is well organized

I most enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I worked with.
the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers.
ok place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, albertaApril 4, 2015
- Organized the activities as per schedule
- Worked in team environment
-Submitted reports about daily activities
- Followed company policies and procedures regarding work and events
Productive workplace and environment
Cashier/Customer service (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 4, 2015
WalMart was a good place to work. They had very good steady hours and management was easy to work with. The hardest part of being a cashier was having to stand in one spot for 8-9 hour shifts. I enjoyed interacting with so many different customers throughout the work days. Working at Walmart has allowed myself to improve very much on my social skills. I am grateful for the experience I learned but am seeking to learn more experience in a field which will help with my future career.
Fun and friendly place to work!
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 3, 2015
Great place to work. Very accommodating job for students. Good amount of hours. Perfect for a part time student job. Management works hard to help their associates.
It is an interesting workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), 7979 11 Street SE Calgary, AlbertaApril 1, 2015
Pros: Interesting people
Cons: Management seems is a little disorganized
Depending on the time which an employee starts it can be very busy or quiet. The people that work and the people who come in are very interesting and that they provide a wealth of knowledge and experience. It is important to note that people come from different backgrounds so that one must learn to be flexible with their beliefs and tolerance with people. The hardest part of the job is selling the Master cards, because of the recension people do not want to add to their burdens.
An enjoyable work atmosphere
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), listowel.onApril 1, 2015
I always look forward to heading to work each and everyday. The other staff members are always willing to help each other.
company needs improvement
Overnight Support Manager (Former Employee), Sudbury ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long hours, overnight and known as hardest position to work
a typical night would start of with me doing the night meeting, explaining to all the employees on where they would be going and what they would be doing. Afterwards I would do a productivity walk ensuring that everyone is where they're supposed to be and everything is set. I would then help top up any featured merchandise on the floor just until first break would start. By the our inventory truck would come in and i would help out with that for about an hour depending on the load. I would try and finish any of the merchandising that needed to be done so I could help out the stocker's if needed to be. when the last hour and a half appears i would start to clean up and make sure all stock, carts and miscellaneous items are off the floor for opening.
Like working for someone with multiple personalities.
Customer Service/Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Hard place to work. The management culture was self-centered and top heavy. One day praise for a job well done, next day hauled on carpet for same well-done job. Depended on manager.

Consistent hard work was not rewarded. Associates who contributed nothing except a slightly warm body received same benefits as those who worked hard for customers and company. Often the brunt of the abuse was towards the hardest working people in the store.

My specific manager threw fits of rage, throwing phones, cursing employees and even customers. Never knew what was going on from one day to the next. Couldn't wait to see the back-side of that place. Not what it pretends to be.
awesome crew
Walmart (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 29, 2015
Pros: great hours easy work
Cons: some of the customers
everyone there is nice and polite, always help when needed and no one is better then the other. the part that i hate about it is that they have people higher up come through and make things difficult on purpose.
Its an okay place to work
Overnight Stocking Associate/ICS (Current Employee), Oshawa OntarioMarch 29, 2015
It is a boring job, and on overnights there is no chance for advancement especially because they will not hire any full time people at my location. I have been a part time employee for 2 years but working full time hours and there is still no word on posting a full time position. The only bonus is that you dont have to deal with customers.
productive
Inventory control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2015
fast paced environment , good management and coworkers . training was good explained all the different aspects of the job, i wish if the job had more room for creativity which will help improve the efficiency.
great hours, good people
Department Manager, (Current Employee), Duncan, BCMarch 28, 2015
general over all work place is great, good benefits, on the job training provided. advancement for those who are willing to travel.
learned
Laborer / Renovation (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: poor manegement
Co-workers are great
Typical day of work face department serve all customers
Management decent not the best
I learned how to manage myself when facing rude customers or how to assist a customer to fulfil their needs
Excellent workplace environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 27, 2015
Wal-mart has flexible work schedule. I learned a lot about pharmacy system and computer system at this company. Nice company and good employees to work with.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more