Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice, Comfortable enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2015
I honestly think there was alot of poor managerial skills, and because of this, they lose so many good, loyal, reliable associates. If you're not vigilant on where you see your future, its very easy to get caught up in the secure feeling of having an "Ok" job with this company
Walmart- Cosmetics Department
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntJuly 16, 2015
This job was very fun and rewarding at times, I depends how you choose to look at it. I always tried to look at working their positively even though most of the time the people and shoppers were far from that. I learned a lot of good personal skills from working at Walmart. Patience, respect, kindness and always achieving excellent customer service was the skills I perfected while working there.
Improved more customer service and selling skills
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 15, 2015
Its nice place to work.
friendly enviornment.
Cooprative management.
oppotunity to learn more customer service and communication skills.
Good Company
Automotive Service Writer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 15, 2015
helping customers with there automotive needs and suggested options when needed, co workers and management where helpful and friendly, I enjoyed seeing customers leave happy
Enlightening job with many options, good salary and benefits
Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 15, 2015
Pros: satisfying a customers needs and wants
Cons: Management wouldn't take a serious issue properly
A typical day at Walmart is regularly a 7-11pm shift a few times a week. Unfortunately, I enjoy longer days and more hours as I need to pay for school. I learned a lot of basic communication skills, money handling, money laundering, WHIMS, and health and safety. Sadly, I believe management should be more strict in not only getting the job done but to have it done properly. I feel they do not put their full efforts forward. The hardest part of my job is just the constant 7-11pm shifts, I enjoy long shifts and being busy all day. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of my job is the people. I connect in some way with almost everyone in Walmart. I enjoy the inside Walmart jokes, the friendships and smiles from customers, telling you, you did a job well done.
Exciting and Challenging Work Atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 14, 2015
Great place to work where multi-tasking is critical to being successful in leading a large group of staff to deliver daily responsibilities with a long term goal of achieving sales and profit.
Great staff and good hours. Some of the management could use some work
General worker (Current Employee), calgary ShawnessyJuly 13, 2015
Pros: good schedule
Cons: bad management
The staff and customers are great to work with. They are also very understanding about your outside life and give you a flexible schedule.
I love working at walmart
Backup Personnel (Current Employee), Whitecourt, ABJuly 10, 2015
Pros: great boss's, great co-workers
Cons: no cons
I have nothing bad to say about the Whitecourt walmart, it runs well. I'm so excited to be a part of our supercenter expansion.
Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABJuly 10, 2015
Pros: 15 min breaks
Cons: Didnt get paid for lunch
Co workers where easy to get along with, x-mas time was a busy time for us but you learn to be fast at what you do all while making sure the people at your till where happy and found what they needed. some days i would be called back to other parts of the store to help out.
Excellent workplace
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: An hour lunch, discounts on merchandise, benefits if on full-time.
I have gotten my first "actual" job at Wal-Mart after gaining a lot of experience delivering newspapers since I was 12. I like the idea of the fact that Wal-Mart conducts group interviews to identify suitable candidates, I believe it is a fun way to get to know each other.

I believe the hiring process is acceptable, you would get a call from one of the assistant managers to conduct phone screening, then after that you would wait a few days or even a few hours to determine whether you are selected for a group interview, if selected you would attend perhaps a week later, then after the group interview, – more... you would get a call three days after your group interview to determine whether you are selected for hire in that position, if so you would meet with one of the district hiring managers to sign your job offer then a week after you start work, which is very good, doesn't take a long time at all, just short and sweet :).

Orientation was very good as well, you have the opportunity to tour the whole store, play a board game and all the rest of it, along with the usual, you know, going over of rules and procedures and stuff like that.

Now to the great typical day of work, (lol).

A typical day of work would be to go to the punch clock and punch in for the day, along with you taking your assigned breaks (such as two 15 minute breaks and one hour lunch if you are assigned an eight hour shift), just carry out your regular duties with additional responsibilities assigned at odd times of your shift.

The most enjoyable part about the job is definitely the dedication we partake into serving our customers through a lot of ways, such is stocking shelves, bringing in clean shopping carts for our customers to use, making a customers purchase go smoothly and quickly through our dedicated cashiers, or even just answering a customers question with enthusiasm.

The hardest part of the job is definitely some members of management, I feel that sometimes they aren't on the right page about policies and procedures, and sometimes assigning duties that are not of priority at the time. They do sometimes pressure you but in an understanding way, at the end of the day, they have a business they run and want customers to be satisfied at the same time.

There is opportunity to grow within the business however they have to promote you within criteria and if you have an excellent or outstanding performance record, so if you see yourself as a Store Manager in two years, then this is not the place for you. WORK TO YOUR POTENTIAL!!.

The culture at Wal-Mart is sometimes depressing, I feel that alot of the associates at Wal-Mart, including some members of management, are not passionate of the retail industry, and the majority of associates are there just for the paycheck. Not a lot of associates are very enthusiastic either which just makes the place depressing. You gotta be excited about coming in to work!! ya know?!? (lol). – less
Wal Mart
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary ABJuly 9, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Night shift and long hours with out compensation
Keeping the departments clean and organized. working with other department heads and managers to keep everything in order. Cash handling.

Management it generally very good.

coworkers are generally very good.

Dealing with the public is the hardest part of the job as well as working nights.

The most enjoyable part is also dealing and meeting new people.
Great place to work.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Performance targets are clearly defined.
Cons: Training and support for field Operators can be better.
Great Co-workers and flexible work cycles that accommodate work/life balance.

Processes are well defined however, communications and change control process for embedding initiatives need improvement.
11 pm to 7 am , loved the hard work of stocking shelves
over night stalker (Former Employee), Welland, ONJuly 8, 2015
Pros: store discount
Cons: never a weekend off and was hard to get one
Start at 11 pm assigned to a department of stalking
- load your cart with stock and put on shelves where needed
- management and co-workers were very good , fair , and liked
-hardest part of the job was getting used to the physical work, lifting, walking , but once used to it , Loved the job
Friendly work place, a great place to get work experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MississaugaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment
Cons: Customers
Simple work that provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the workforce. Friendly, casual work environment. Good job for those who like to help people. Can be difficult during peak hours, when the store is crowded.
good place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Estevan, SKJuly 7, 2015
wal mart was a good place to work nice people to work with long days good money fun i like working there. i like the days there
great people to work with
Warehouse/ in stock Associate (Current Employee), Whitehorse, YTJuly 6, 2015
Pros: awsome people to work with
Cons: the pay sucks
fun place to work, the pay isn't very good, with 5 mangers you get instructions from 5 different people who often have different ideas on how they want a job done, can get very frustrating.
good overall experience at walmart
Overnight stocking associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 6, 2015
At 11 pm, Walmart would hold a team meeting informing us of the sales and profits made. After the meeting concludes we are told where to go and start to work. A usual night including unloading between 11 to 14 skids of food products and zoning/ front-facing. During my experience at Walmart I learned to move at a quick pace while unloading the boxes, as well as I learned to operate the machinery in the back room.Management and my co-workers were very informative and kept all employees relatively safe during work days. The hardest part of working as a overnight stocking associate was learning the different areas of the store you were not used to working in. The most enjoyable moments I experienced at Walmart was building relationships with my co-workers.
Good Place to work
Produce Associate (Former Employee), New Liskeard, ONJuly 6, 2015
Our associates are the heart of our business. There’s no better place in retail to learn, grow and build a career than Walmart. Today’s cashiers will be tomorrow’s store or club managers. Today’s managers are tomorrow’s vice presidents. And tomorrow’s CEO will almost definitely come from inside our company. From our Home Office, to our stores, to our distribution centers and more, there’s virtually no limit to the ways you can grow with us. Learn more about our businesses and find a career area that matches your skills and passions.
walmarlt is a productive places to work
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Delta, BCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: free coffee and meal and holiday meal
Cons: no long hour if they want to work they would ask you
I Worked at Walmart for over six, It was funny I miss working there it was a fast pace helping customers out.They are a good company to work for typical day at work morning gets busy my coworker all like each other we work as team to get the job done they hardest part of my job is dealing unhappy customers the most enjoyable part of my job getting the job done on time .
Great Place to work
Cashier/ Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Dryden, ONJuly 6, 2015
Left for school and returned.
Was trained for all departments Cashier, Garden Center Associate, Electronic Associate.
Handle money on a constant basis, dealt with customers, balanced shifts, closed out store.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more