Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 6,012 reviews matching the search
Walmart
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB15 August 2017
Usually understaffed so you would work alone most days. Had to do multiple shifts on cash while having other work to do.The managers never scheduled enough people but the same amount of work was expected.
C es une belle place pour travaille mais je veut etre reconnu a ma juste valeur
Superviseur de caisse (Current Employee) –  Alma, QC15 August 2017
J aimais bien travailler pour la compagnie mais je ne me sens pas apprécié a ma juste valeur au plaisir de vous rencontrer
Pros
10 %sur marchandise bonus au mois d avril pR
Cons
Il es demande trop au associes et manque de personnel
Highschool Job MAX.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 August 2017
Unqualified management who date each other.
Unpaid overtime.
Dangerous workplace.
Disregard for safety.
Lack of any kind of workplace culture. Felt like a prison.
No opportunity of advancement unless you're dating a manager.
Impossible deadlines.
Pros
Highschool Job.
Cons
See Below.
Poor Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
No concept of work life balance and the management is extremely unsupportive at the store level. Salaries are poor and the increments over the years are disappointing.
Good starter job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador15 August 2017
Walmart is great for a high school student, or someone's first job. Depending on the department flexibility in schedule may depend. My manager strives to meet employees needs. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Free food when goals are met
Cons
Not enough staff
Transitional complications
Customer Service Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia15 August 2017
My review does not represent Walmart Canada, it's subsidiaries, partners, associates, or parent company. The following is a short example of personal feelings after a significant time in a single retail location.

A typical day at work: atypical. Work days at Walmart have lost predictability as you rarely know where you will be or what your job expectations are prior to the start of your shift, unless you are specifically assigned to a single job title, such as a cashier. This unpredictability can provide daily, even hourly, challenges to overcome. While it is no longer feasible to specialize and provide exceptional customer service in any single area, there are plenty of opportunities to assist customers in a satisfactory manner.

What I have learned: I have gained excellent and valuable skills during my time as an associate.

Management: There is a wide variety of managing styles within Walmart. Communication can use improvement. Skills identifying under-performers and delegating tasks effectively can use significant improvement.

Workplace Culture: During this transition, it may not be appropriate to comment on the state of workplace morale.

Hardest part of the job: Adjusting to various new and unexpected job responsibilities that do not fit with the skills I have gained during my years with the company or personal experience. I pride myself on excellent customer service - but am consistently forced into situations where my service can only be described as mediocre at best regardless of my efforts. No resources are available to bridge product information knowledge
  more... gaps when no associates who were once assigned to these areas are available.

Most enjoyable part of the job: On the rare occasions that I am within my element during my shifts, I receive constant praise from my customers for being able to identify their needs and help them quickly and effectively. When I have these opportunities to remind my customer what real customer service truly is, that is my reward.
Pros
Excellent first job, flexible scheduling and hours, discount card
Cons
Rare oppurtunities for meaningful advancement, abysmal raises, benefits only apply to full-time associates
Fun but thats it,
Loss Prevention Investigator/store standards (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2017
Could be better.
Better wage
Better hours
Better training
More advancement
Fun enviroment
Better discounts
Saferenviroment for customers and associates
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Pay not good, not good hours, Ceo 's are dinks
Fun and employee discount
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON14 August 2017
Love my job...most people I work with are fun,kind people. Supportive of family situations. Company is always fundraising and donating. The provide luncheons. We have potlucks. Overall happy place
Pros
Hours
Cons
Wage
My Chevron Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie Alberta14 August 2017
Excellent work culture, great people, professionalism and friendly work environment was the order of the day. Chevron will pick up and development your career path good.
Excellent work team and management. No one is left behind in any information sharing for the good of the business. Guest shareholder are appreciated at the end of the year.
I had no bored moment working here.
Pros
Excellent work ethics
Cons
Too much free lunch
Nice work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2017
I learn a lot of this from there and learn how to workkk in team . Over there work individually and in team and I learn number of things. How to run the team I learn all these things Fromm my team leader.
agréable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Rimouski, QC14 August 2017
Je sers les clients derrière ma caisse tous les jours.
Fun workplace
Second Shift Instock (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB14 August 2017
Worked as a truck unloaded most staff were awesome some were rude i liked working with walmart i quit working with walmart at the time because one of the managers was rude to me and i was working the same hours as everyone else same pay and my pay checks were not the same
Pros
Great pay great people
Cons
Some managers were rude
new experience
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 August 2017
learn how to work with big printer machines and how to be organised, also learned how to maintain the printers and teach the customer how to print properly
this is my review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON14 August 2017
work hard theyll like you
fast pace
easy going
fun environment
good for students very flexible
must be able to lift 50 pounds
management is nice and friendly
environnement correcte dans l'ensemble
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
travailler chez walmart est un bon debut en tant qu'etudiant , tu acqueris des experiences pour le future et dans le millieu d'emploi
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
courte pause
Very hectic at peak periods, but time passes quickly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 August 2017
Great place to learn as a first job, however the management doesn't necessarily give pay raises to the hardest workers, but rather the ones who are good at networking with them (life lesson here. This applies to a lot of jobs). Keep a positive attitude and there is great opportunity for growth if you voice your opinion.
Pros
Very flexible schedules
Cons
Not about working hard, but working smart
great place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB13 August 2017
had a lot of fun working for walmart went to different stores to help them catch up or do renos help their people to do their job better
daily stock, helping customers helping cashiers when busy
great benefits stocks purchase in company.
Pros
had xmas dinners served by management
Cons
hard to get days off when wanted or needed
Wonderful place to work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2017
Good place to work, good learning and advancement opportunities if you are flexible regarding work timings. People are great to work with at least at the location I worked for (Ontario). I had wonderful managers, I enjoyed working with each and everyone of them. Learnt a lot from my immediate manager and my Store Manager. Both are great guys.
Pros
1 hour lunches, very considerate managers
Cons
Hours per week
Poor management and little consideration for personal life
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB13 August 2017
Management does not have knowledge of how to use equipment around the store. Little consideration given when needing time off for school needs. Hours are not regular and given minimum amount of hours allowed. Pay raises are not given out fairly.
Unloading trucks an stocking.
Overnight Stocking (Former Employee) –  135 first commerce dr. Arouca On L4G OG213 August 2017
Steady work , an always something to do lots of employees an a busy hustle. Got my license for the heavy equipment. An also my fork lift license for outside work
Pros
Not bad hours
Cons
Lots of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.