Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fast-paced Workplace.
Walmart Meat Associate (Former Employee), Leduc, ABApril 13, 2016
There is a lot of work to be done in any and all departments at Walmart.
I've learned a lot about health and safety in the workplace, as well as proper customer service.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irritable customers, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to come across many different people. Another part of the job that I enjoyed is the fast-paced environment.
Was okay
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2016
Pros: discount card
Cons: bad management, no communication
A typical day was mostly busy, understaffed, was power trained, the co workers were mostly all nice, the hardest part of the job was the unrealistic expectation of things to be done when other shifts weren't doing their jobs fully or leaving things for the next shift to deal with. The most enjoyable part was meeting quite a few co workers who were good to get along with
nice workplace with amazing team members
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2016
i worked in this company for 3 years. Its a nice company with fun environment, good co-workers and nice pay too. The managers are pretty ok too , but the only thing i feel lacking is the career development. I am the kind of guy who like challenges and want to always learn new things and develop my skills everyday, but in this company , i dont see my future because its the same kind of job day in and day out. To be honest, i dont see myself doing the same thing i did for 10 years coming thats why i want to advance.
Excellent Work Environment
Overnight worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
Pros: Free snacks 2-3 times a day, employee discount, and respectful individuals
Cons: My transportation to work was far, and work wont pay for your transportation.
Exciting workplace and looked forward to work everyday. I had best friends at Wal-Mart and missed them and the different job duties. Work is never boring because you stay on your feet completing a common goal during the nights and mornings.
Enjoyable experience with fulfilling work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Free food in break room occaisionally.
Cons: Standing for long periods of time.
I loved working at WalMart, they treated me with respect and kindness. My co-workers also loved working there.

Typically I would come into work and immediately start up my register. I would stand there and check customers purchases through when ready. If needed I would work the floors and help with stock.
Management was great. There was only one coworker that I did not connect with but they treated me like any other employee.
The hardest part for me would be standing for long periods of time.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be communicating with the customers. My favorite part was interacting with them and helping them get through quickly and smoothly.
Walmart
Sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Walmart was good place for me to work because i was surrounded by friends most of the time. However there was very little space for advancement because the management was very unorganized and efficient. I learned many things from working there such as, time management, efficiency and hard work.The hardest part of the job was the constant ranting from the managers, however there was also a good side to working there which was helping customers out and working with some of my close friends.
Productive and fun having conversations with the team members.
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2016
Pros: Getting ice creams from manager during summer days and coffee during winters
Cons: Little bit tiring job ...
While working I am kind of serious person. My full concentration is on what am i doing ?
Experience and talking with my co workers is the most enjoyable part at work.
Most hardest part according for me as student is to go to school next day after work.
Great environment to work in with amazing and friendly staff and helping customers on a daily basis
Shoes, bakery, garden centre and cash associate (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONFebruary 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be putting away stalk, cleaning my department and making sure it looks presentable. Learning to work with other and collaborating with them on bigger projects like setting up an entire department for a seasonal occasion was a great learning experience. Also, having the support of the entire team and management helps with developing my skills and getting the tasks done right and on time.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Good people
Cons: Over Nights
a typical day at work can be very productive but very manageable. what I have learned is how to work with many people and to always work with them as a team. Mgmt are great people to work for, they always had work for you and could always make you enjoy what you're doing. My co-workers are decent people, I have learned to make new long lasting friends. The hardest part of working here is just the fact of it being over nights, it is fairly difficult to have your schedule fixed around being awake at night & trying to make time for your family. The most enjoyable part of this job is the co-workers & atmosphere, they are all willing to work & it is all done in a drama free zone.
Fun to work
Cashier / Customer Service (Current Employee), Markham and Eglinton branchApril 5, 2016
Pros: get together like pot luck, every time their is a cultural affair.
Cons: less hours in a week
Busy sometimes not. meeting different kinds of people.
Learn to sell MasterCard and product protection plan.
okay. Co-workers are nice and friendly.
Hardest part of the job. when you don't sell MasterCard. Most enjoyable part of the job. when you sell MasterCard and product protection plan. and reach the goal.
Fun place to work. Very systematic job.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: 10% employee discount on beverything
Cons: Very low salary
Very systematic work. still you will never be bored. Meet new people everyday. I learned how to deal with different kind of people, with wide range of complaints and concerns. It is easy to reach management when needed. Co workers are very helpful all the time. The hardest part is at the end of the day you are totally exhausted, it takes 100% of your energy everyday. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
I do like my job
Cashier (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Discount but could b better
Cons: Too much favoritism
Employees friendly and helpful mostly. Older employees especially the long term cashiers not so friendly. Some managers fantastic but some not so as when I needed emergency family time off it was ok with some but not with my immediate manager. Had to get someone to cover hours myself and really I needed to just go. This sale of walmart credit cards is stressing out the employees. But most of all our customers. Too aggressive. Must b a lot of kick back in it for someone???
Ok place to work, friendly staff
Maintenance Operator (Current Employee), St. Jacobs, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Good place to work for a while.
Cons: Not many jobs positions for moving up within the company
I start my shift at 11pm with a start-up meeting for the stores current events, I assess the daily tasks to be done as each one varies. I have learned many new things in the retail sector on how a business copes and handle issues that arise. My manager is very supportive of me and the work needs to achieve my end goals. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed the job gets more stressful as less man power but still able to complete the task by shift end. My favorite part of my job is knowing the store is clean & ready when customers come in. I work with a good team of people that coordinate the tasks efficiently.
On your feet work that keeps you active.
Instock Associate (Former Employee), Terrace, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Given responsibility, Work Alone, active work, educational
Cons: often called in to fill in for others, understaffed, over convoluted management staff
Working at Walmart provided a lot of insight into the inner workings of a department store, however with a high turn over rate and too many managers, day to day was not constant and often left hard working employees compensating for others.
Not the best first job
People Greeter (Former Employee), Summerside, PEFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Easy job to do, even when it's busy
Cons: Management
Workplaces have to make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities. My local Wal-Mart refused to make the same reasonable adjustments that other Wal-Marts were able to do for other employees within the same position. Management did not provide a valid reason and did not seem sympathetic or understanding of my disability.

I loved what I did, I just could not continue working there without adjustments made.
Productive work place.
Deli Associate (Current Employee), keel and finchFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: long hours
It is usually a pretty busy place to work. There is always something to do. Interacting with Customers which is one of my favourite part of my day. Most of my co-workers are interesting and good people to work with. We try our best to work as a team and bring a positive attitude to our department. The management could be improve a little bit but overall it is good. I Don't feel i have a very hard job because i like being active and busy doing things. I like the fact that its a busy environment.
Do my job and have fun while working in accordance to companies policy
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: achievable sale target with bonus
Cons: changing of Managers and Superiors
fun and enjoy serving people and making them happy, co-workers are all team oriented not all managers are working on companies procedures and hardest part is that they are your superiors which you dont have the right to opposed on what they believed in,enjoyable is when your busy and youve got everyones full support ingiving and satisfying your customers needs.
very demanding on staff
Inventory Controller (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: allot of hours
Cons: not respectful of employees
Wall Mart is a very demanding environment and often may not treat their employees with proper respect.
Typical day would be following daily routine, what I have learned is that expectations are not rational management is not always properly trained and not always professional the co workers are nice and respect you and the hardest part of the job is dealing with unrealistic expectations the most enjoyable part of job is having co worker support or internal customer support and then going home.
My review for walmart
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 6, 2016
Pros: An hour (paid) break
Cons: Bad co workers
Now I worked at Walmart for about 5 days, most of the staff are friendly and are good people, but some of them are just drama and if you were to do something that they didn't like, even if you just start. As i did, they won't care... Some won't but some will drag it on and complain about it all day, and at the end of the day... That's what got me fired, cause I was checking a time that someone was in, and one co worker thought I shouldn't have bin there, but i have every right to, tried to explain that to her... She thought I was trying to skip my duties at work or something, But i was just checking in and she dragged it on and start saying things behind my back to other co workers... In my opinion, the managers were rude, co workers are drama, and just and overall not a good work environment.
productive fast pace workplace
Customer service specialist (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCApril 28, 2016
Pros: flexibleon when im able to take my lunch breaks
Cons: short shifts
A typical day while working at Wal-Mart consisted of making sure the cash register was balanced before the store opened, making sure the shelves were stocked and making sure they stayed tidy as well as serving customers at the cash register and providing information about our products..
Headquarters