Walmart

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very productive
Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Leduc, ABFebruary 11, 2015
Incredible place to work if you want to advance in your future. Pay is not very good and there is never enough staff for the work to be done, but the staff that are there make you feel like family.
Greedy Company
Customer Service Specialist Walmart (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: too many to list
Walmart never wants to give out full-time hours. Most of the employee's get around 12-15 hours a week. They promise the employees that they have a hiring freeze, that all the current employees will get the hours. I know of three occassions that Walmart said this, and they went on to hire 15-20 employees each time.
Team Player, Multi-Task and People-pleaser.
Customer service- Fashion (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: night shift
I enjoy working with my co-workers they are team players. There are many things to do which I enjoy a variety. I also like to see customers smile when I help them get what they are looking for. Easy going atmosphere and pleasant environment.
Not the best place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Vernon, BCFebruary 10, 2015
The Vernon store can not be rated with other Walmarts. This store tends to treat its employees like children. I have learned a great deal working for Walmart they do have some good programs company wide. The most enjoyable part of my job at Walmart is the associates I work with. The hardest part of this job is the way you are treated management is a joke at this store.
A generally nice place to work, usually fun which is an added bonus,
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Typical day for me would be starting at 5 a.m and working till around 1:30. During that shift I would bake buns and what not so it was all ready when the store opened and I would prepare stuff for the following day and put away skids of frozen product. The management isn't the greatest they just do not seem to always know what they are talking about. I got along with all my co-workers never had any issues or arguments with them. Hardest part of the job was really just getting out of bed and being to work for 5 in the morning, Best part I have to say is baking cheese breads.. they always smell amazing.
Interesting
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 9, 2015
I was in charge of stacking shelves in the produce section, making it look nice and clean. I also answered customer questions to the best of my abilities. I learned a lot about organization and time management. My supervisor was not the best but we worked things out, co-workers were pretty nice overall once you got to know them. I have to say the hardest part was training, I got very little. I was thrown to the wolves sort of speak but I figured it out eventually. The most enjoyable part was all the FRUIT!
night time stocker
night stocker. (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 9, 2015
i wasn't as much of a fan with this job because it became quite monotonous after you got an understanding of the job. My training wasn't very in depth and you were expected to know things that weren't taught in training. it was an overnight position, which i had no problem with. there was minimal problem solving, so after a while it made me feel like i was becoming a robot. The management was very good and treated people with respect.
Not That Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pay was bad for what I had to do. The People there were terrible because they didn't know how to do anything. My Mangers were Great.
Great Coworkers
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST, (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work... at fitting rooms, you let customers in and out of fitting rooms, assist customers and maintain cleanliness of fitting rooms. I learned about good customer service , the importance of cooperative, friendly coworkers. Co-workers are exceptional, though there are few that are harder to get along with, but others make the time fly as well as make the workplace a fun, easy environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with uncooperative customers and possibly disappointing others when assistance cannot be offered. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting customers and helping them to find their desired merchandise.
Great place if you are a student
Overnight Baker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: celebratory holidays
Cons: no consecutive days off
My overall review of this company is not a shinning review. I worked a straight midnight shift and it was very difficult. If you are a student they work with you and accommodate you more than if you are a full time employee. I found the work environment very much full of favoritism.
Great place to learn about retail industries
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
- My typical day start with assigning daily task to the department manager, following up on task and training wherever needed.
- Lot of things to learn at Walmart. But the mail thing to learn is running business, managing people and sale.
- the working environment is really friendly and easy going.
a huge enterprise with little appreciation for individuals
Bakery Manager (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: the salary wage was good
Cons: 56 hour work weeks
A typical day in the workplace consisted of more work then could be physically done by one person, all job duties were geared to be delegated to a staff of 11 and with no help to recruit, I found myself covering multiple shifts and tasks and to be stressed and accumulating over time hours weekly, and having to go in on my days off regularly, my co workers in my department were great, my colleagues in the management area were over worked and under appreciated and loosing touch with their home and family lives as this business required so much of our time, relationships were falling apart, in the year that I worked my colleagues were loosing weight, bags under the eyes, the stress was obvious, the most enjoyable part of the job, was leaving it to go home to my family.
Long hours not days off sucky pay terrible management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stettler, ABFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours and allways working late. didn't get days off when asked month in advanced, no fun
I leaned that Walmart in stettler is not a good place to work, the managers don't care and the walmart MasterCards I didn't like having to ask every customer or we would get yelled at like if they wanted it they would ask since there's signs every where with it. Not being given day off when requested month or more in advance working. Late. I would never work at walmart again. Especially not for minimum wage.
Large functional lunch room and flexible hours
Cashier, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), brantford, ontarioFebruary 7, 2015
They did not provide me with enough hours and it was not a steady consistent hours. They do not hire full time therefore I did not receive benefits.
Awesome company they definitely try to meet not only the customer needs but also the Associate needs After all you can't run a company without them.
Divisional Specialty Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 5, 2015
This is a high paced retail environment and priorities can and will change in an instant depending on the needs of the business.
Diplomacy and verbal skills are a definite asset.
This is a progressive company and promotes adaptability and cross-training to better serve their customers and meet their Associates work/life balance; it also prevents the tedium of a mass production environment.
The hardest part of being a Manager is after training and re-training an Associate, having to tell them that Retail is not their forte and subsequently firing them.
I always enjoyed the annual evaluations as there was no surprises on their evaluations as I was always available to answer questions and encourage when needed during the year.
Some of the best moments working at Wal-mart was recruiting, training and developing Associates to continue their careers.
productive
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), mississaugaFebruary 4, 2015
busy fun fast pace environment
learned retail, team player, project management
keeping up with all the responsiblities
doing more then one persons job
morning meetings were an enjoyable part of the job
dealing with issues
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie OntarioFebruary 4, 2015
It was very busy all day never any down time. My co workers were very great to work with. It worked around my family and they were very flexible.
One of my better jobs. Productive environment.
Night Crew/ Floor (seasonal) (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. Both management and co-workers were easy to get along with, and made a great team. I learned about time management and teamwork. I wish I could have stayed longer, but unfortunately I was only hired for seasonal.
Worked in the back store
Commis (Former Employee), Sainte-AgatheFebruary 3, 2015
Unloading the vans may seem boring, but once you get a good rhythm going you wont see the day fly by. It's a lot of work and you definitely don't feel bored.
Large employer with many customers & employees
Associate Relations Manager - Regional (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2015
My co-workers & I work long hours to provide Canadians with viable shopping options so they can live better. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of providing our Associates answers to questions they may have regarding their employment.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more