Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Stocker Associate (Current Employee), Camrose, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: Overall Experience
Cons: Long Hours
With my experience at Walmart both as a Cashier and a Meat stocker, the typical day at work was long, and productive. I learned everything from processing a transaction, to safely lifting boxes and properly positioning merchandise onto coolers, racks, and shelves.
The hardest part of my job was the amount of lifting I did on an everyday basis which made the day seem longer and exhausting, but the most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with the customers and helping them with anything they may need.
Fun place
Deli Worker / Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 13, 2015
I really enjoyed participating in the events that they did. I got to hand out balloons and other things to customers. I got to know some of the other customers.
idk
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Welland, ONMay 12, 2015
the job itself was okay when we had a full staff, it kept us busy some choices were made that made the job diffcult at times.

i probably wouldnt go back to working at the same walmart unless things have changed a lot
No direction
Connection center manager (Former Employee), HamiltonMay 12, 2015
Not enough people to man the floors very poor communication between staff not a pleasant place to manage.not fun Period.
Excellent management, friendly environment
Sales Associate, Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great management, environment was easy to learn and work in.
Cons: Longer drive, on your feet majority of the time.
Able to do multiple jobs while working, which was a good way to gain experience within other departments.

Management was very friendly and approachable and always happy to help with any issues.

Liked how it was a fast paced environment, however it did have moments where it would slow down and you change pace. Great balance so things did not get to stressful.

Hardest part personally was the drive there was a little long depending on where you live.
Fast paced environment with opportunities for career advancement
IT Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoMay 11, 2015
Professional work environment where everyone is treated as a competent professional regardless of the tenure at the organization.
hated the job it was awefull
Front end cashier (Former Employee), calgary abMay 11, 2015
hated the job it was awe full pay was awe full they didnt care if they nothing was good about the job it wass jst aweful you have no life if you work at walamrt no life only work
an establishment that is flexable
supervisou (Current Employee), 5054May 11, 2015
I have been at Wal-Mart for 4 years, as a supervisor of the second shift unloading team, where we offload 2-3 trailer nightly in a timely manner. there is no hard part of the job once all parts of the team work together.
Great people to work with on nights.
maintenance (Current Employee), Taber ABMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with, fun enviroment
Cons: Equiment breaks to often
Great people to work with on the night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see friends at work and have fun working with them.
tough place to work
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMay 11, 2015
Pros: Fridays and holidays cause u got to wear different clothing.
Cons: long hours
It was a tough place to work because there was not enough cashiers let alone employees therefor they were always calling other employees up to do cashier work and were not able to do work in there own department.
Horrible, Bad breaks, Did not care about employees
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 10, 2015
Management are not understanding and did not help me grow and succeed but instead made a hostile environment for me. Did not really care about their employees and made it hard for many employees to approach management with personal problems.
fun place
Supervisor /2nd Shift Instock (Former Employee), KitchenerMay 9, 2015
always scoming early just to get ready for the day I love working with my co-workers they make my job much more pleasant

working at walmart was a great way of getting my costumer service skills

Managers are always ready to help you when you need it and further your career
Walmart
Seasonal Staff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2015
Pros: Walmart Discount Card
Cons: Long hours, Hardly any lunch breaks, No career advancement, Cut hours
I am a hard working student and young father. Walmart does not recognize this or care. They put me to work like cattle. They will not give me the full time title because they do not want to waste money on giving me or my young family any benefits.
CO-OP though high school
co-op (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 9, 2015
I did my co -op at Walmart 2 times and I have learned how to stock shelves and scan the products and how to open boxes and put away the products and I worked with a team
good experience
Produce Employee (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 9, 2015
good experience
bad management
unorganized could have had a more personal experience with employees. Good labor work, and fair pay for the work.
Amazing work placement
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Everyone Was Nice
Cons: No Cons At All
I loved being a Security Guard for the conference. The months leading up to the conference were good we got to learn a little bit about each other and we also found out who are heads were. Overall amazing experience and I would like to do it again.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: the location was a bit far from home
*flexible hours which included restocking of shelves, opening boxes and assisting customers find their items.
*I learned that not everyone likes to be approached for help
*management and co-workers were very friendly and open
*hardest part of the job was the occasional grumpy person
*more enjoyable part was the interaction with the customers
Very comfortable work environment with a supportive staff
Electronics and Sports Associate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 7, 2015
I would ask about any assignments that would be required of me; whether it was price changes or product rearrangement. I would meet with fellow workers around my area to ask if they needed assistance and discuss how each department was to be manned if they happened to be understaffed. My fellow staff members were extremely cooperative and we all worked together to ensure that each area was properly covered so that we could reach each other at any time if somebody needed an extra hand. This was the most enjoyable part of the day as I was never in any one area at any specific time, I could freely move around to help customers and associates in departments where I wasn't normally situated. During the course of my stay at Wal-Mart, I worked in the Garden Centre, Pets, Electronics, Sports and Automotive, Paint and Hardware, House ware and the Toy department. I also took a number of cash shifts and worked Men's Apparel.
Worst employer
Second In-Stock (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Paid next to nothing, bad managers
Worked part-time while in school. Paid you next to nothing and expect you to break limbs for them. Only 2 out of the 6 managers of the store actually cared about you and how you felt about the job, the others could care less. Co-workers were the best part of job. Overall worst place i have EVER worked
Good tempo retail job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Breaks paid for
Cons: Shift work
At Walmart I would clock in and proceed to my designated department. Once there I would either be taking out merchandise and stocking them in their designated areas while helping customers. Or I would be taking new skids apart with product and putting them through the electronic system and dating them once in their designated area in the back room. I would work alongside 2-5 co workers that would be completing the same tasks as I, some days I would be working alongside a department supervisor but always having store assistant managers just a page away. The hardest part of the job was learning the process that everything has to be done by. The job although very repetitive always had a good tempo to it.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more