Walmart Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Great culture.
Very competitive
Fast working environment
Great people to work with, know different people and culture.
Decent wages and good work life balance
good employer
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2017
The company is one of the best places where you can start your career life, because you get to know too many things in the environment you are working at. Its a good way to explore aspects of such a huge employer by trying to work in every possible area of interest.
Horrible Management Extremely RUDE
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 October 2017
The management at my locations is very rude. They talk down to their associates and don't listen to their concerns. In fact they simply don't listen. You have to repeat what you have already said to them multiple times because they are to interested in their phones.
Pros
Great co-workers and very flexible with work hours
Cons
Management is very rude
it was a funexperince
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, ON8 October 2017
it was easy job but i didn't stay there for long. the best part was engaging with the customers and helping them out by using the great communication skills i developed while working there for a few months.
good place to work
Customer Service Manager/Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2017
Fun place to work, can not have a career as my background is Information Technology- Telecommunications.
Best place to work when you are student or working part time with career full time job.
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 October 2017
Its a great place to learn how to interact with different people of different cultures. they also do a great job at helping you advance into a management position.
Half good half bad
Backroom associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2017
Easy but tedious work
Backroom was often overfilled.
Decent nighttime management but poor daytime management.
Paid the same but expected different work loads from similar waged employees .
Pros
Non
Cons
Improbable work loads under certain working conditions.
i have a very good knowledge on how to use the cash register already
Walmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 October 2017
I have many skills, no mater what i have a smile on my face. and i have a computer engineering certificate. I am very physically fit and when i worked in Oshawa i only had to quit because i was dealing with high school an rep hockey. i am tying to pay my way through school so at this point i'm very desperate for a job and to bring smiles to customers
Pros
dope! i rally appreciate this
Cons
this is one hundred persent fine as llong as i can work my shifts around my school schedule
your shifts are only as good as the people you're working with
Dairy/Frozen Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 October 2017
made a decent wage of $12.10. but there are days where you feel like you don't get paid enough. job just helps with experience. management is incompetent.
Overall Good
Sales Associate Part Time (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 October 2017
Good support from managers to accommodate school. I have learnt a lot about customer service and integrity of teamwork and the company. It has good benefits for workers seeking full time work.
My work at Wal-Mart
Electronics/Photo Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB6 October 2017
While Wal-Mart as a whole wasn't always an enjoyable job I did learn a lot in my time there. I learned the proper way customer service is supposed to be carried out with patience and experience to better help and understand the customers needs.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with an aggravated customer and approaching them the right way.

The most enjoyable part about my job are with out a doubt my co-workers. They make coming into work fun for me.
Walmart
Customer Values (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2017
Walmart is a great place to start your adventure! At walmart i meet many new faces everyday. I work with alot of amazing people and customers. The hardest part of my job is living really heavy boxes. Other then that the job is amazing
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
i wished it has more pay per hour.
Great company overall
professional (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2017
Walmart is a great company I'm proud to work for - they practice what they preach (saving people money so they can live better) and they do a lot of work for charity.

I am able to work remotely one day a week which is great, however there is very little room for growth or career advancement.

Walmart is a very lean organization which has it's place, however many associates are expected to do work of 2 - 3 people.
Pros
flex time/opportunity to work remotely
Cons
lack of work/life balance
understaffed
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2017
Very understaffed, and what staff they do have they treat very poorly.
The work itself was fantastic. I would recommend this job to someone who is just starting out as a retail associate.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Understaffed
Fun place to work with a team of great people.
3rd Shift Instock (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB5 October 2017
Starts off by sorting all the stock into the separate departments, then you take a section and fill the shelves with anything that needs restocking. Great for building teamwork skills.
Fun workplace, get along with my co workers, but low paid job.
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Current Employee) –  Nelson, BC5 October 2017
I have had a amazing experience working for Walmart. Get along and have amazing time working with my co workers. As a overall I find this job rated low on the income scale I find it hard to make ends meet on the minimum wage they pay.
Pros
Very accommodating when comes to schooling.
Cons
Income is on the low end.
great energy and customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  mississauga5 October 2017
This job was an amazing job and the staff were all relatively close like a family. They meet the needs of their employees and have a safe environment for everyone to work in.
Not a good Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 October 2017
Working here was not a good time, I was barely trained and thrown on to a register, I often was the only register open and while most CSMs would be very helpful and come if I ever had a problem, there were a few who would treat me like dirt. All the cashiers I talked to hated their job (Which is expected) however it made working there not fun at all.
Pros
Lots of breaks, Good pay.
Cons
Long hours, Not much help from CSMs, Not much training
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2017
Good environment safety first open to any suggestions. you never know what the next opportunity will be via phone/email. fixing the opportunity i a time manner and hearing the managers say job well done was satisfying.
decent work space
stock associate and Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC5 October 2017
lots of work to keep you busy and still time here and there to let you live your life as well. good job for starting out and then moving forward. defiantly hard work and everyone is always happy to help out if you need something.
Pros
good wages keep you busy stor discount and take care of their employees if someone gets hurt.
Cons
3 month probation for when you start is selective espectially during christmas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.