Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,050 reviews matching the search
productive and sometimes fun to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  north brunswickAugust 21, 2016
working at Walmart was not really bad , at lease I learnt customer service ,computer operating system and also my co workers were fun to be around, and they are friendly
Pros
free lunch
Productive Workplce
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCAugust 21, 2016
Walmart is great when it comes to training you and its great to university students. If you do your job well there is room for advancement in the company. I've been working there since last year and I have already been trained for courtesy desk. The staff from the supervisors to the employees are great. Management is very professional yet friendly. A typical day of work is being on a till for 3-4 hours and being on courtesy desk for 2 hours.You learn how to multi task well as well as the supervising staff is great at helping you with anything you may need.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Selling the Walmart mastercards
all good
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2016
I have learned a lot, help customers most of the day.
work as a team meet all sale goals, but now its time to do something new.
Ok place to work
Fashion/Fitting Rooms associate (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NSAugust 19, 2016
My time is done working there, it's more for the younger generation now. In my years of working for Walmart, I was a supervisor for the back room for six months, I worked as a fashion processor for a couple of years and also worked as a stocker. I know how to use a hand held computer also
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
I work with a lot of fun people
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2016
I manage the cashiers and the courtesy desk so I need to make sure that their tills get assigned and their breaks are done. I make sure that we keep the lines moving and I override prices for the customers when they say the price on the shelf is cheaper. I make sure that the cashiers have change and make decisions on returns being done with out a receipt. I love working with my co-workers as we have fun while doing our jobs. The hardest part is when we are running short staffed but I do everything I can to make the line ups move quickly. I have respect for my manager and managers of the other departments. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with customers as we have a lot of regulars that come into our store.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Customers coming in 5 minutes before we close to do their shopping.
unbalance management decision
Sales floor staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
Poor management decision on running the stores caused many problems such as favoritism and unfinished task throughout the day.Some people are working hard while others will be walking around and not getting coached for doing nothing.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
unhappy customers
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONAugust 18, 2016
Walmart was a very fun environment, it was very fast passed which made work go by very fast. The hardest part of the job was working on days that were right after holidays they were always the busiest.
Decent job
Store Standards (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 18, 2016
I delivered papers around the local surveys,only worked with my family. The hardest part was when we actually had to prepare the papers, instead of sending ready to be delivered to the houses.
Pros
Only once a week
Cons
Not a lot of pay
Management needs some training.
RECEIVER (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 18, 2016
Very busy job I'am lucky if i get two breaks in any one shift.I find Management is not very knowledgeable about labour law and work safe rules.
Cheerful place
1st Shift Instock (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 17, 2016
Cheerful place to work. Lots of people work there and the general environment is a good one. Would be nice if there wasn't such a lack of ability to advance though.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work required providing great advice regarding electronic products and excellent customer service. It required being able to multi task between helping out multiple customers and still managing to keep the store tidy. I ensured that the clients felt welcomed as soon as they entered the store. I processed payments and completed various other transactions on the P O S system. I was also responsible for the store inventory. Management was great. They never failed to respect me as an employee and always made sure I could come to them if I needed to. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing people I met every day, some of which became regulars and friends.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough hours as per what I was looking for
Workplace was stressful, but the environmental made up for it.
1st shift instock (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 15, 2016
A typical day wasn't fun (it was hard), all that was enjoyable were the people I worked with.
- Managers were professional
- I learned a lot
Pros
Stuff was fun sometimes.
Cons
Far more stressful than it should have been.
Stressful workplace, wonderful co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 15, 2016
My typical day at Walmart would be arriving on time, clocking in to my shift, letting the CSM know I had arrived, and beginning my shift. I loved the interacting between customers and co-workers, the social aspect was definitely a plus to working at Walmart. I learned how to work with others and problem solve. The management team was very unorganized and uncaring, they were not flexible towards their employees schedules. In my opinion the hardest part of working at Walmart as a cashier was dealing with the customers that had no respect for others, they could get aggressively mean and disrespectful towards my co-workers and I.
Pros
10% disscount
Cons
Disresect from managment
Productive work environment, some employees with attitude
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 15, 2016
Easy work,
Always moving to keep awake
well managed
co workers too full of themselves
hardest part of the job is dealing with co workers
most enjoyable part of working is working alone without any help
Pros
the work
Cons
the co workers
Very Work and pace intensive
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 15, 2016
I have learned a large amount in the time i have spent there with Walmart, from dealing with frustrating customers to extreme unrealistic expectations from management. I gained necessary experience from them but moving up in the company seemed unrealistic most days.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
You need to be able to do the work of 3 people
Walmart
Customer Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 15, 2016
When i first started working there i loved it! over the years so much has been changing rapidly and in my opinion they are changing some of the great things that customers and employees loved and valued.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Managment needs work
Minimum wage retail Job
Overnight Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 14, 2016
First off I love to merchandise so as an overnight merchandiser, then manager I was able to pursue my passion. That being said company actions towards employees is what you would expect of any large corporation. The trouble that arises there is exactly the same problems you would run into at a fast food place or even a wine store.

Walmart does try to provide for their employees some additional benefits, they aren't as beneficial as one would like, but I've worked for companies that do less.

I enjoyed my time with my crew and will miss working with them.
I would work for them again given the opportunity.
Pros
yearly bonus, benefits for all employees, flexible scheduling
Cons
cut hours in winter, some unreasonable expectations for employees
Positive Work Enviroment
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2016
A place to work, learn, growth, in a team environment with the opportunity for advancement. Friendly staff and a management team that believes in open communication.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of consistent work hours
Its good, not great
Vision Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2016
Lots of nice people and you have a good time as long as you're competent. People get promoted to management who probably shouldn't and there's very little consistency between managers.
Pros
Good breaks, profit share, great people.
Cons
Bad management team, no cross department communication
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Pharmacy Associate/ Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABAugust 13, 2016
Working for walmart is great.. the staff i work with are an amazing group of people that have helped me learn and grow and to become the employee i am today. The hardest part of the job i find when working in any pharmacy is getting close to patients that later pass on but the best part of my job is coming to work everyday with people i enjoy working with and helping all the patients that we do help! Its a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Losing patients you have grown attached too.