Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,951 reviews matching the search
My thoughts about Walmart
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJuly 20, 2016
I learned a lot from working at Walmart like how to handle customers of all sorts, learned a lot about all the different deparments and where things were, got to set up a produce department, bakery, and deli for a grand opening and found myself working in the Produce afterwards. I liked my job it was good made job-friends with people in the other new departments but not all co-workers liked me. Management of Walmart was good but the management in my department not so much. Hardest part of my job was having to be nice to my rude fellow co-workers but i always found a way to forget about it positively. And the most enjoyable part was working for a really great and big company, id definitely work at another walmart again.
greedy compaany
Mid Level/Photo Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 20, 2016
worked for woolco and was hired on by Walmart and was good for the first years but then Walmart started to do cuts made a lot of employess over worked
Pros
people
Cons
company
Fun workplace, but also stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 20, 2016
Working at Walmart had its ups and downs, but I was still able to get through the day with a smile on my face. I learned how to deal with customers in a proper matter and made them leave with a resolved issue.
Pros
Associates were very friendly
Its was good for as long as I worked there
truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 20, 2016
I found that what I was doing at wal mart fit me perfectly. I was full time then part time. Although a little drama on the job it seemed as though everyone just wanted to get the work done. It was good for where I was at for the time.
Good career starter compamy
Produce Stocker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 20, 2016
Walmart was a fun and relaxed work environment and it was a very good job to gain experience and knowledge for the future. The management were good and friendly and the sales staff were all very helpful.
A wide variety of job opportunities
Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 19, 2016
It is a fast paced retail environment.
It provides a wide variety of job opportunities if you are willing to relocate throughout the country.
The current store model has shifted from it's hallmark maverick mentality of the Sam Walton era, to a cookie cutter, policies and procedures format.
Just follow the program, is their new hallmark mentality.
Pros
ability to transfer across the country
Cons
Long retail hours, working holidays, all shifts
receiver
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 19, 2016
confirming the products that come into the store and scanning them in with a telxon gun and making sure the counts are correct
Enjoyable, and benificial
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCJuly 19, 2016
Working at Walmart was very enjoyable, We were very much like a family and all got along very well. The management is fun and easy to talk to, and respectful of staff. It was very rare to have a hard day at work there, customers were great and friendly and there was very few rules.
Pros
getting along with everyone, benifits, seeing new faces, and lots of hours
Cons
some rude customers
I was a cashier in walmart it was an interesting job we met many customers i enjoy meeting people.
cashier (Former Employee) –  stoney plainJuly 19, 2016
I was working at stoney plain Edmonton.I like customer service and cashier;it is an interesting job meeting people and helping them
a postive upbuilding fast pace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 19, 2016
a normal day at work went pretty fast. always busy . friendly supervisors. boss was easy to talk to and very understanding
Just a Number/Minmum wage/ Men stay away.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
NEEDS Union. This is the company thats racists to its core, they harp on immigrants like slaves, with minimum wage. They use and abuse staffs who have low self esteem or new commers with no choice. 90% staff are "Others" while upper management is opposite. Very few males on the floor. If you are a men, you have to do everything, for a minimum wage not worth it. No room for growth as the company does not believe in promoting from within. No sucession plans for employees. I was told that I will be promoted within 6 months, based on my experience and education. They got me working hard, I was doing carts, building shelves/mods every 2 weeks, cleaning etc. Was physically drained. You will be haressed by lazy managers, especially female ones.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Laid back and flexiable workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 18, 2016
Flexible hours, manager didn't really care when you left, as long as you stayed for at least half your time and finished your work. Sometimes, you had to stay a little longer if they were expecting more work later in the day.
productive
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 18, 2016
It was a great experience working with Walmart.I learned a lot as a manager.it was a good platform to learn things and improve myself.
Walmart Cashier
Front End-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 18, 2016
I was a cashier and i would serve the customers to the best of my ability. If i would need help, I would call the CSM for extra assistance.
I would love to get hired by Walmart again
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
Walmart has Great management and team work and very helpful Co-workers with good reputation of all time in my opinion.I would like to get hired by this Company again.
Pros
Good benefits and discounts
Cons
nothing special as far as I know
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2016
a fast paced environment with aily target and productivity expectations. Associates work typical 10 hour shifts with breaks in between. excellent human resources witht he best interest of employees at heart.
Good starter job. Gives a basic idea of the workforce.
Unloader/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2016
Overall I would have to say my time at Walmart was educational. I learned about the importance of staying organized following safety procedures. though management was a little lacking in my area of work I found my co-workers easy to work with. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was teaching new co-workers how to do the paperwork. The most enjoyable part of working there was how smoothly all the unloaders/receivers worked in a group.
Not currently the right fit for me!
Sales Associate/Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSJuly 15, 2016
It's a great place to work, however right now they can't offer me the sort of stability I need, in hours and wages. Looking to increase my earning potential and possibly do something new.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Not enough staff
I would like to work for Loblaw and join your team.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON (trainyard)July 15, 2016
I love to clean, and get along very good with co-worker, and always give my best.There are always obstacle, but with good team work, the job get done.
Management always make sure that the work is well done. Sometimes, we need to improvise because every day is not always the same. The end result is what count!
Sometime I need to come in on different schedule to replace someone missing.
I'm very dependable, punctual and responsible.

Bye for now, and thank you!
Pros
I love to clean.
Cons
I am flexible, and will do whatever it takes.
nice fun place to work
Cashier & Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 14, 2016
allowing you to take your time at doing your job and always allowing you to take time off if needed for medical issues or troubles.
Pros
free food
Cons
wait time on phone for calling in