Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Worst place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 26, 2016
I loved the chance to work with wonderful cashiers. Extremely poor management. Treat employees terrible. Will never work or shop there again
Excellent
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jane and WilsonApril 26, 2016
Excellent work experience, they are very good with assigning positions geared to your strengths and weaknesses. the biggest improvement i gained within WAL MART would be my tolerance level.
Great and Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, AB, KingstonApril 25, 2016
Productive and friendly workplace.
Morning meeting with associates
Touring the store with overnight management
Great teamwork with management team and co-workers
Hardest part of the job is not getting all you wanted to accomplish.
Co-workers and the people you meet throughout the day are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Awesome place to work.
Customer Service/Retail (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONApril 24, 2016
Ive learned all skills of great customer service at Walmart. I covered almost all of the store and I am a good worker. The coworkers are fantastic.
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 23, 2016
Good company to work for, reliable, friendly, open door policy. Good benefits. Learned a lot about customer service working for this company.
Good place to work if you can be patient with customers.
Hardlines Sales Associate (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 23, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours.
Cons: Days feel repetitive.
A typical day at work is putting toys back on the shelves and re-organizing them to make the products easily accessible to customers. Will also include being frequently called up to the front cash registers to cover breaks and help out when it is busy.
The hardest part of the job is the customers, but it is also the most enjoyable part. People can get extremely frustrated at you over things you have no control over. However, some customers are really grateful after you help them, which is definitely nice.
Direct Supervisor had no cleaning experience.
Building Maintenance/Janitorial (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONApril 23, 2016
Good fellow workers, everyone tried hard. Learned proper cleaning and sanitizing skills, the on shift manager at first was great, then management changed and it became a nightmare.
it was a job.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 22, 2016
It was a great first job, but not something I could do for the rest of my life without going crazy. I was needed to work either too many hours and they didn't understand when i needed time off for school or i needed extra hours and they refused to give me over 20 at times.
Good for students
Customer Service Specialist (Electronics) (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
Basically, help customers and cash them out. Occasionally stock merchandise in your department or others.Management was horrible as scheduling was horrible, cutting hours for part-timers considerably sometimes.
Safe and respectable work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
Day starts by walking from clocking in, to the tilt which you will be in for rest of the day. Greeting co-workers and customers just showing a little appreciation. One of my favorite thing is learning new experiences, skills and mass general education. As a wal-mart cashier, I learned it's difficult to sell master cards to customers and also learned, people don't know what they want till you give them a idea of it. managers didn't treat the employees like robots, they had a relationship with them. enjoyable part of the work is working with well developed individuals that help you grow each and everyday.
Lots of hours, intense work.
Cashier (Former Employee), New Minas, NSApril 21, 2016
Pros: Lots of hours
Cons: On your feet for a long time
Very busy, not much spare time.
Learned how to handle pressure, and deal with cash.
Co-workers were generally kind. Hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for 8 hours.
It's a good place to work, but not forever.
Dairy and Frozen Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 21, 2016
It has been an excellent job to support myself through college, but it's time to move on. I thank them for the opportunity to work there but now that I have finished my college program I want to work in my field.
big company, employees not noticed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 20, 2016
casrieshier, busy place, strange management. pay was ok. customer service, bagging groceriash, credit cards es, taking cand interact payments.
Fun people to work with but lackluster management
Store Standards / Maintenance (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: Fun people to work with
Cons: Bad communication
A typical day for me is pretty much bringing in carts my entire shift as they never have more than one store standards on at a time.

At Wal-Mart I learned to get out of my comfort zone and to be less shy.

The management lack in communication as well as not following threw with what they say.

All my co-worker at Wal-Mart are great, almost everyone worker is a joy to work with.

The hardest part of my job was having to do multiple jobs not in my job description at the same time while having to do my own job as well.

The most enjoyable part of my job is all the people I work with and get to meet.
Productive work place and excellent working eviroment
Claims Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
My day starts 7.am to 3.30.pm. First thing is to check my email for any updates. Then I print my daily's paper work and open claims report. Next is to work on return merchandise from customers. Attend morning meetings at 9.am, go for 15 minutes first break.
After break, I get my UPS, Purolator and ATS parcels ready for pickup. Back to the office faxing and calling vendors for return authorization number in other to finalize my claims. 12.pm - 1.pm I go for Lunch.
After Lunch, I work of product returns and defective merchandise till closing.
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Frances, ONApril 20, 2016
I learned quickly and had a great time socializing with customers and helping them when help was needed. I got along great with all of the employees and learned a lot
Productive workplace with multiple chances for growth.
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee), Temiskaming Shores, ONApril 20, 2016
Walmart was an excellent place to work. There was training and opportunity for growth in every department. I trained new employees, took over for employees who left for health reasons and was able to help the team whenever and as much I could.
Fun workplace with employee involvement
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
There are many things that you can achieved here but sometimes the politics and people's willingness to look beyond what they are doing and think longer term is a major issue that needs the correct management to improve.
A secure and flexible work envirnment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Agincourt, ONApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work would include constant customer service interaction that ranged from aiding the customer in locating what they are looking for, to maintaining pleasant conversation, to finally taking in store compliments, as well as taking affirmative action to remedy the situation when compliments do occur. I learned to development great people skills as well as maintain an exceptional work ethic at all times of my shifts. The best part of the job is the constant interaction I experience with customers. I am able to meet incredible new individuals daily whilst still maintaining an appropriate work demeanor.
Planner (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2016
The greatest company in the world, you can make the difference in a company as big as WMT. The pay is highest in the market. Outstanding leadership and innovation.
Headquarters