Walmart Employee Reviews

Friendly environment, great associates and great management
Second Shift In-Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 October 2017
As a in-stock associate I would restock throughout the store as well as maintain a clean backroom for safety. Management was great and understanding. I learned a lot about customer service and organization from this position. The workplace culture was large in variety and very welcoming to not only the customers but to the associates. The hardest part of working as an in-stock associate was trying to stock everything by the end of the day as there was usually a lot to stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was able to speak with customers every shift as well as work with very reliable associates to help complete tasks.
Pros
flexible lunches and a non pressured environment
awesome place
Dairy/Freezer Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB12 October 2017
i like walmart alot cause they are really flexible with scedules and lovely people to with made a lot of friends there. i like working there cause the pay was good
Pros
great place
Cons
nothing
Terrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2017
I never once enjoyed working for walmart. The pay was Terrible and the management was a joke. The store was always filthy and unorganized. They were always so understaffed that as a cashier, I was also working in many other departments that I knew nothing about.
good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 October 2017
this was an okay job to have for your first job & you learn quite a bit
the hours are bad and they are not flxible
management isnt great either ......
flexible job with opportunities to grow
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 October 2017
It was nice encountering different personalities daily. They are very flexible with there shifts as I would always work around my school hours. Walmart family is very welcoming .
Very nice experience!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 October 2017
Wal-Mart was my second job I enjoyed working with different kind of people serving customers and gaining more and more experience everyday at work. I didn't find anything hard working there and I enjoyed every moment of it!
over night stock
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 October 2017
worked over night putting stock out and made new friends learned a lot had some fun there miss working with my friends . good place to work sure do miss it there.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 October 2017
The management is trash and it seems like none of them graduated high school because they're all literally so stupid. I would not recommend working for Walmart in London ONT, especially not Argyle Walmart because it will make you hate your life. Your coworkers are perfect and so sweet, the only thing wrong with the place is the management because they are literally the most incompetent people I have ever met. They don't know how to run a business and they sit around all day in the connected McDonald's. Even customers notice that they're always in there, like you ain't slick, just do your job like you've been hired to do.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
management
decent work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2017
would not recommend working here the company does not allow time to be taken off and are hard to accommodate part time hours for those in school or with kids.
Not the worse
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2017
Being a cashier at Walmart isn't too bad at all just very representative and hours feels very long but co workers always make the job worth it at the end of the day
Pros
1 free break, co worker
Cons
short hours, management
Work was fun
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2017
Since I didn't work for Walmart, I actually worked for CPI Corp, the job was a bit different hours were nice, and guest interaction was always fun. Taking pictures was something I enjoyed, and enhancing them was even better, making a guest happy with the work you've done was something I enjoyed. Hardest part of the job would have to be taking babies passport photos, but it was a challenge that made work enjoyable.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Long shifts
Easy and Fun Workplace
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 October 2017
Working part-time at Walmart while in school is a good job to hold as it allows schedule flexibility. Working is the customer service industry is demanding but also very engaging at the same time, allowing us to constantly be hands on and learning something new.
Good, structured company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON10 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Walmart. It's always busy and they maintain structure. They are dedicated to everything they do and display very good costumer service
Awesome place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 October 2017
Great place to work.
Great culture.
Very competitive
Fast working environment
Great people to work with, know different people and culture.
Decent wages and good work life balance
good employer
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2017
The company is one of the best places where you can start your career life, because you get to know too many things in the environment you are working at. Its a good way to explore aspects of such a huge employer by trying to work in every possible area of interest.
Horrible Management Extremely RUDE
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 October 2017
The management at my locations is very rude. They talk down to their associates and don't listen to their concerns. In fact they simply don't listen. You have to repeat what you have already said to them multiple times because they are to interested in their phones.
Pros
Great co-workers and very flexible with work hours
Cons
Management is very rude
it was a funexperince
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, ON8 October 2017
it was easy job but i didn't stay there for long. the best part was engaging with the customers and helping them out by using the great communication skills i developed while working there for a few months.
good place to work
Customer Service Manager/Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2017
Fun place to work, can not have a career as my background is Information Technology- Telecommunications.
Best place to work when you are student or working part time with career full time job.
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 October 2017
Its a great place to learn how to interact with different people of different cultures. they also do a great job at helping you advance into a management position.
Half good half bad
Backroom associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2017
Easy but tedious work
Backroom was often overfilled.
Decent nighttime management but poor daytime management.
Paid the same but expected different work loads from similar waged employees .
Pros
Non
Cons
Improbable work loads under certain working conditions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.