Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,692 reviews matching the search
night associate
Night Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2017
I enjoyed working on night shift. We worked at our own pace as long as we completed all of our skids of merchandise, management was happy with the staff. I worked with a lot of friendly people.
good learning experience.
Auto Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2017
good management. they understand the employees

ok work environment

good team members

very good work schedule

hardest part is dealing with some customers.
Great People, Okay Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
Met great people, who soon became friends after 2 years of working for the company. Flexible hours when in school, but sometimes not understanding of personal life. A lot of favouritism, not many possibilities of advancing. Good part-time student job.
Pros
Yearly Bonus, Holiday Snacks
Confusing and Frustrating
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON19 June 2017
Working at Walmarts Tire and Lube Express was not a fun place to be, working here meant that you had to apologize to customers constantly for not being able to work on their vehicles. Two workers had to be certified to actually work on the vehicles and one worker was always certified while the other one was never.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Disorganized management
okay
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  CANADA19 June 2017
if you are a work horse and have a attitude of no say. you will be fine. the culture depends upon the store manager so your luck. you have to be a yes man for your manager and try to live on 12 hrs a week wages.
Pros
easy shopping
Cons
everything
Good starting job
Cosmetics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2017
Rules are not kept constant across management. Relatively easy work to do when available. Very boring when no customer around. Can be very long tedious hours. Easy first time job. Good for students because they work around your school schedule.
Pros
10% off employee discount, easy to get time off
Cons
constant change of management without warning
Environnement productif et sécuritaire.
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC18 June 2017
Environnement très professionnel, mais management peu compréhensif.
Good career
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 June 2017
Working at Walmart has taught me how to assess workplace situations better, it has also taught me how to talk to customers, managers, and co-workers and feel more confident doing so. Working here has changed my perspective and respect for companies and the people associated with them.
Pros
Many hours, friendly people, nice environment
Cons
Weather
aas
Assistant Manager (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Alberta18 June 2017
Hey terrible place to work all the company cares about is profits they fired someone dying of cancer because they were not productive do not think of working for them
Pros
Cons
cheapest company in the western world
Associates and managers are very negative. Very demanding work but rewarding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 June 2017
Very customer oriented in any role. Gained vast amount of leadership skills. Managers are very negative and can be belittling. Work environment is supposed to be friendly but most are ignorant to customers. Handling inbound freight daily and nightly. Meet some great people and working as a team. Bonus incentives to promote best possible results and pushing Walmart products
Fun job!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 June 2017
Good learning experience for many people doing a first cashier job. sometimes it gets intense as busy hours arrive and they ask you to stay overtime. Many people call in sick and you are always called in for work.
Cashier at Walmart
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON17 June 2017
Really different, have to manage time carefully. It is a good company. Always have to stay focused. Nonetheless, the company gives really good experience in all departments.
great training
Shoe division manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 June 2017
This was my founding career. I had mentors who saw in me more than I did in myself. The time and training invested has formed the manager I am now. The only reason I left is I had no desire to be moved away from my family for the second time.
Productive and Fun
Cashier - Wal-Mart Canada Corp (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 June 2017
Great place to work, friendly customers and managers, great work environment. Hours and workload can be long but break times do make up for the hard work.
Pharmacy was good with great people
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 June 2017
Working in the pharmacy was very fun and enjoyable. Had a few good coworkers, management was ok. Scheduling conflicts were a dime a dozen. Salary left much to be desired but the benefits were really good for that place. Overall, a good place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Parking lot damages on your car
work
Security/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC17 June 2017
A bit of a hectic experience at the time, as, managers were in constant flux while I worked for this company. Minimum wage has increased dramatically since then.
Interesting job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB17 June 2017
Day to day I worked as a cashier. I learned about customer service, returns and exchanges. I learned cash flow management processes as well throughout my time there.
Working hard for the best
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON17 June 2017
Being someone who's had experience in the past of organizing movie and game products, this job working in the electronics department was great as it allowed me to put these skills to the use and making the department look as clean and tidy as possible. The environment and employees were also really good as we all were able to help each other out in any situation, while I was also able to learn some new skills, like cashier, along with improving my interaction with customers. The store provides a great amount of resources so that we will be able to do the best job possible.
Pros
Vast organization options, multiple different jobs to accomplish, friendly and helpful employees
Cons
Sparatic hours, sometimes short on other employees
Nice and easy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
Walmart was a good job for me, it kick started my customer service liking, I was able to relate and socialize with several people and work fast pace while bringing satisfied smiles to their face.
The job involves quick counting and remembering codes for produce products.
Pros
Fun Job, Lovely environment, Good managers.
Cons
Long breaks.
Met some good people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 June 2017
I worked at Walmart part-time
Pros
You get a bonus if walmart does good in sales at the end of the year, good if you're desperate for money and a job
Cons
Felt like jail, they didn't want you to talk to your coworkers, not fun, management didn't care about employees, get written up for the smallest things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.