Walmart Employee Reviews

Good company
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
-good company
-good co-workers
-its good in working with this people they are really helpful and kind.
-always willing to help
Absolutely terrible.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
Managers and co-workers are terrible to work with over all walmart is a horrible company that does not care about its employees.
The only valued employees are the managers assistant managers and store managers.
Excellent working conditions.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 November 2016
Walmart has excellent staff and employees. It is a safe place to work with safety being a number one priority. The staff answers any questions you may have and show you how to do the job right!
Pros
10% discount at McDonald's.
Cons
Only a 10% discount at McDonald's.
good place
Ecommerce Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2016
This is a good place to work in. good team work; understanding workers. organized management and seems to be expanding therefore plenty of room for growth.
Nice Place To Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bayshore, ON25 November 2016
Work under pressure. My co-workers are nice and friendly. Doing price matches is the enjoyable part of the job.Management is very supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Close to work
My experience at Walmart
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON24 November 2016
I have worked here for 2 years and have seen the best and worst, Walmart has to offer, in my experience here at Walmart I have a few things to say.

1. If you work hard you will be rewarded, however you must make sure it is noticed, working hard behind the scenes reap zero benefits.

2. Try to change areas often, if you get comfortable for too long you'll wind up stuck in that department, unless you enjoy your work, mix it up.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Only if you're managers favourite
liked this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB24 November 2016
I loved the time i spent at this job and value the knowledge i took away for there, the people where friendly and good to work with, the hours sported family living.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 November 2016
Good working environment. Nice management. Provision for growth and advancement through the company. I would recommend to friends and family.
Pros
Staff Discounts
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick24 November 2016
Love it till i moved to alberta, nice environment to work and wonderful people. Fun fast pace and great team work. Great management and loved my regulars.
A varied work load
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON24 November 2016
Walmart presented me with a variety of work experience, largely due to the fact that they are consistently understaffed. The company touts respect for the individual, but the fact is that the management is largely a bunch of people that have come to Walmart as teens and "grown" with the company and haven't attained the educational experience to supervise their staff effectively. Everybody is miserable.
Pros
varied work experience
Cons
chaos
Busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 November 2016
I only worked there less than two months, but in the time I was there, it was very fast paced and everyone was really bossy and yelled a lot if I was going to slow. I was very new to the work world so I was still getting used to it. I had to quit due to personal issues so I did not really get to experience it to the fullest.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Customers treat you with No respect
Appreciated the advancements Walmart had to offer.
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 November 2016
Walmart trained me in stocking, cashier, how to use a power jack ( for moving stock) I started in the back in stock, later I was promoted to sales. The management team always treated me fairly and with respect. Thus making it a positive working environment.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Casual hours
Great staff
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB23 November 2016
Most management was very friendly and willing to teach. Majority of other employees were kind and willing to assist when needed.
Fun place to work, productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS23 November 2016
I enjoyed working hear as it was a grate fun productive place to work.
The people got along with each other while trying to meat deadlines as sometimes had lots of pressure but we would hit it on with a clear head and a positive attitude.
Deli worker
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 November 2016
In this job i learn how to improve my skills and services such as preparing and cooking a large assortment of meat products. I learned to multitask and manage my time due to the fast-paced and fluctuating work load.
was ok but comapny changed
stocking associate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON22 November 2016
worked for 9 years saw many changes over the years treat employees like slaves only interested in making money and saving money by cutting hours on the staff and giving the minimum amount of hours.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
bad managers
Operations
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
Advancement at SCM was pretty much predetermined and not based on your work performance. It was frustrating for many members who worked hard and did not gain recognition or advancement. Management advancement was based on who you knew.
Walmart
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL22 November 2016
my typical day at work would involve joyful dedicated and easy to work will all individuals. I am very energetic and like to complete all tasks at the end of my day. I am a very well organized person work and at home, that makes my day much easier. I like to see people with smiles on their faces everyday and for them to be able to smile back at me, that gives me confidence in myself knowing that I done right.
Horrible system
Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 November 2016
Overworked and understaffed, workers constantly getting yelled at...even in front of customers. Not a good place to work for if you care about customer service.
Pros
Easy to move into management due to high turnover rate
Cons
Scheduling is a nightmare as they don't take you into consideration
You couldn't get me to go back there if they tried
Sales Associate / Overnight Stock (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 November 2016
Well they don't pay all that great, and they have a lot of drama in the business and if you weren't on board with them, or that particular person then you are out of luck for advancement.