Walmart Employee Reviews

One of the best Companies to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Excellent work place
Great people
Benefits are amazing

its a company that is always trying to help people save their money, and customer service is top notch
benefits
Eh
Greeter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2017
It's good to have a job, but the hours are not guaranteed and it is almost impossible to get full time. They don't consider any of your past experience when promoting from within.
Customer Service/ Logistics Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 December 2017
A typical day in Walmart is doing my job with my team mates in order to have timely and effective work pace in order to have smooth flow within the company.
Productive but unorganized workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK5 December 2017
a typical day would be easy at first but there was a problem with people calling in, management wast the greatest. hardest part of the job was unloading the truck and trying to put all of the stock out in a days of work due to people not showing up to work
Pros
an hour lunch break
Cons
people calling in
Fast paced environment
Department Manager Seasonal / Garden Centre (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 December 2017
The garden centre was fast paced, ever changing. The set up changed almost weekly due to changing seasons and holidays which kept the job interesting. They don't work around your schedule very well. Management is always changing so it was hard to get certain things accomplished because each manager had different ideas and there was no communication between anyone. Wage was ok, comparable with anywhere else.
Pros
Benefits for Full time
Cons
lack of communication and flexibility
Well read below
Driver local (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2017
This is for local driver working at 6002dc mississauga.
22$/hr a good rate
Can work on payroll/incorporate aswell thru agencies like drake and cdr.
Only things i dont like , they cancel shifts when its slow.
Only for agency drivers
Dispatch is good.
One fault and you are out.
No job security.
Very friendly associates
Store Standards (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Massive corporation to work for, fast pace environment, many associates on the floor at all times, can get busy during holiday season. Associates are very friendly and fun to work for. Overall great experience working for such a large corporation
A very fun, goal getting and safe place of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
A typical work day is very busy but i learned patience and gained more customer service experience, Our management team is just the best the culture was very good and accepting. The hardest part was calming angry customers down and the best part was i got to meet a lot of people.
Worst Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON4 December 2017
You will be lucky IG you get a ten cent wage per year. People who just get hired make more than employees who have been there for years due to starting wage increases. Good for students, not good for full time employment. Managers suck
Pros
Friendly coworkers, fairly easy work
Cons
Managers are rude
OK but not great. A depressing place to work sometimes.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 December 2017
Walmart is a difficult company to work for sometimes. You MUST push the Walmart Mastercard on customers to sometimes the point of discomfort on both ends. Most of my managers throughout my time there have been intimidating - I personally was threatened by my front-end manager that if I did not pick up my Mastercard sales, my hours would be cut.

The only reason I have stayed at this job for so long is the yearly bonus and 10% discount we get.

Walmart is an OK job for the interim, but not a good one for the long term. Also, make sure you have a thick skin- you're going to need it.
Pros
Yearly stakeholders bonus, discount card, closed on most holidays, relatively flexible hours
Cons
Mastercard sales expectations, pay, lack of promotion opportunities, poor management, cashiers are not really showed gratitude or appreciation
Friendly coworkers lacking managerial leadership
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 December 2017
For me in my department, the workload was heavy but adhered to a task list. Certain deliveries would come in around the same times and we would work the rest of the stock depending on that schedule. We would also do other tasks that most regular associates would not be doing, such as setting up stock displays and ordering merchandise. I learned how to work in a team and how to teach others how to carry out their duties. Management was very lax at this location and the blame would more than often fall on the associates rather than the management. The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, was trying to get everything done within the workday. There were even times where I would willingly skip my breaks in order to get more work completed. However, most of the time, that would prompt me to leave work earlier to make up for the lost break. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people. The return customers who know you and are familiar with the store, as well as the associates who you share the workplace with. Their friendliness helped me stay in that job for over five years.
Pros
Good associates, good benefits, a decent discount on all items
Cons
Large workloads, lazy managers, lack of stock for customers
Productive and fun work place, soccer, volleyball ..
Fulfilment Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2017
Fulfillment associate has an opportunity to access to all store's activities from Binning to stocking and knows all things about store. Store renovation also there.
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
7.5 hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON3 December 2017
Working at Walmart has given me great customer service, teamwork, and great problem solving skills. Walmart is not an easy job nor is it a hard job. Walmart has taught me a lot and therefore wanting me to expand my horizon with the customer service that I have learned.
Pros
free snackss at meetings
Cons
productive
Win some, lose some
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB1 December 2017
Typical day consisted of scanning and doing inventory for part of the day and unloading a truck the other part of the day. I learnt how to operate scanners and how to unload a truck in a timely manner while keeping the backroom tidy. Hardest part was having to deal with the poor management. Most enjoyable part was seeing all the progress I made in a day. Management was very poor and did not care about their employees.
Cons
Two-faced managers who didn't care
It was great until the change over
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON1 December 2017
I loved my job at Walmart it was a great environment with tons of friendly people and i thoroughly enjoyed going to work everyday. In July there was a big company change and management has been treating myself and other employees with 0 respect and absolute disgusting behaviors towards us. currently I am on a probation for being off with a head injury where Walmart will refuse me if i try and apply for any jobs within the company and keeps threatening termination of my job. It is myself an numerous employees also in this situation. Walmart management are overall terrible people
On call and on demand job
Part-time Self Checkout Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 December 2017
You have to be available at all times meaning to serve the customers at any time and to be so flexible on this matter. • Assist customers in the processing of transactions through the self-checkouts and provide exceptional customer service to ensure a positive shopping experience and drive customer loyalty.
• Provides excellent Customer service through: Greeting all customers as they approach the self-checkout area in a polite and friendly manner, Moving to the outside of the self-checkout area, when possible, to invite Customers to use the self-checkouts, Educating customers on the correct and efficient use of a self-checkout, when applicable.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
low salary
Overall a great learning experience
Gérant de production (Current Employee) –  Candiac, QC1 December 2017
As a production manager I’m in charge of managing the evening team, making sure trailers are unloaded in time and stocked on the floor for our customers. Keep store policy in check. A lot of multi tasking. The people make the job enjoyable.
Pros
Discount
Cons
busy place to work, always something to do
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB30 November 2017
Learned much about all aspects of large retail operations. Each store environment is different depending on the managers, some great, some not so much, like most places.
Pros
discount
Cons
low recognition
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB30 November 2017
Friendly environment, staff are great to work with. I loved working with the customers, and that every day was different but there was some routine throughout the day.
Average Job
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2017
A typical day at work was always dealing with customer complaints and managing breaks for the front end.

Management at my store were sub par and were very power hungry.
Pros
work community, advancement, salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.