Walmart
44,690 reviews

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I work with a great team
Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great team, we will have occasional potluck dinners which i love
Cons: it can be difficult if due to unforeseen circumstances i may have to work alone, i get all the tasks done.. it allows me to use my ability to work alone and be organized.
I have worked for Walmart for over 2 years. I have received support and great feedback from management on a yearly basis. I work with a great team of co-workers. We have worked long enough together that we know what we each need to be doing in making sure everything gets done. We support each other in getting all tasks done
Fun and easy workplace
Photographer, Cashier (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: easy to do
Cons: slow days are boring
Good job, easy to do, training is fast and you do the same things everyday. Fun job for anyone. You learn how to pose clients, how to edit pictures, and how to take a passport picture. Staff is friendly and always there to help.
Good at first, ended up a disaster
Cashier (Former Employee), Laval, QCMarch 20, 2015
This being my first job, it started out fantastic, my co-workers were great, the job was new and exciting and the manager was helpful and supportive.

It all went downhill very fast. The idea behind a better shopping experience was taken advantage of. The hardest part of this job was not the very long lines, and the continuous anger provided by the customers, it was how it was all dealt with. When management changed, everything else changed with it. My co-workers were the one thing that kept everything enjoyable.
Fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: 10 percent discount, profit sharing every april!
Cons: when things weren't the right price!!
My career at Wal Mart had come to an end April 5th 2013, due to a full time Job I attended.

Wal Mart taught me independence, a typical day at work was full of positive vibes as well as a fun working environment, everyone got along and there were smiles everywhere, it was never tiring it was always enjoyable!

Management was pretty good, sometimes short staffed but the job was always done.

The Co workers always got along everyone would socialize and eat together depending who was breaking with who.

Hardest part of the job was during the holidays!! Last minute shoppers are always rushing to get out, no one is ever patient during holiday season.. so keep at a fast and steady pace to keep customers satisfied!!

Most enjoyable part of my job is I am a people person working with people was most enjoyable to me.
Fun environment that allowed me to be creative, and work with children
PART-TIME PHOTOGRAPER, SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: contacts
Cons: always standing
The managers were great to me. They were very flexible with my schedule as i was attending school at the same time as working. The environment was a great place to come to because of the interactions with the kids and families.
Looking for a new job
Cashier (Current Employee), LaSalleMarch 19, 2015
Walmart did teach me a great amount but they are not very flexible when it comes to students. I struggled to reduce my hours at work to make it move convenient and flexible with my school schedule and was that ever a task. Never the less, i am grateful for having the opportunity to work with such a large company.
Productive Work place
Investigation & Customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: discount
Nice place to work with the chance of being Independent working by your self. Good vibe from co-workers, and ability to excel
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto,ONMarch 19, 2015
a typical day at Walmart is fun
management and co-workers are great
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people
Best And Productive Keep you always busy and utilising all your possible skills required
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
Communicating with the patient Assuring they are getting the right medicines and entering the same data accurately in the Database of the Software and maintaining the Patients profile to see on what medicines he was taking before and is there any possible interactions with any new prescription or non-prescription medicines.

Everyday is learning with new scenarios and new ailments and concerns i learned how to be patient and empathizes and give the best possible solution for the problem.

I enjoy the most is interacting with people from different cultures and get to discuss about the problem i enjoy also able to understand and give the best possible remedy for there problems i enjoy being appreciated by the customers and managers after the good work.
Walmart
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Milton, OnMarch 16, 2015
Customers are very hard to deal with, management is terrible, best thing about it is going home. I learned how to deal with customers and how to use a cash register.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), OrangevilleMarch 16, 2015
Pros: comparable rate of pay
Cons: sometimes long hours
Every day is new and challenging. Environment is safe and both customer and employee friendly...new challenges force you to think sometimes outside the box and other times you dont need to reinvent the wheel to accomplish your goals. Management is supportive and goal oriented.
Great co-workers but
Temporary Cashier (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 15, 2015
Great people to work with, but management could use some changes, I would recommend management take more interest in their employees.
I was a cashier at Walmart, so I was front end. I believe the hardest and most frustrating part of being a cashier, is trying to sell the walmart master card. Many people don't know this, but, Cashiers are REQUIRED to make MasterCard sales or we risk being fired, this is why we push for them so much. I personally hated asking customers because i knew that they have already been asked over and over, almost every time you come in.
The most enjoyable for myself was the complements from customers I was able to meet! I was always smiling at work and a lot of people came through my Cash just to talk to me. When it was busy, was my favourite time! It taught me how to be efficient and quick at the same time.
Productive workplace but the management could be nicer
Cashier (Current Employee), Sydney, NSMarch 14, 2015
Pros: coworkers are mostly nice
Cons: management sucks, not flexible
Co workers are personally the only reason I'm still working here. The management staff need to take everything down a notch and they also screw up schedules frequently. The past two weeks I've gotten three calls because of shifts that they didn't tell me I had.
Honestly, if you love yourself please don't work at Walmart
Fun environment
Lead Baker (Current Employee), bakeryMarch 14, 2015
Pros: daily meetings
I start my day off making sure everything is readily available for the customer and follow the "Would I buy it" method that is used in our store. I then move forward into placing orders and making sure fellow staff have everything that they need in order to get their daily jobs done. I find management and do a rundown of special holidays or sales that will be coming up to ensure we have the right amount of products on hand to keep customers happy. Lunch time is always the best always good for a laugh.
its ok, could be worse.
Cashier, Part-Time Employment (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 13, 2015
The co-workers are nice people. Customers are unpredictable. Most are ok. Booking time off is always an issue I find. Trying to give and take shifts is also a strenuous task. Its not all bad.
Busy workplace with ongoing tasks
Customer service specialist (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Overall, I enjoyed my time at Wal-mart. I bounced between full and part-time hours because I was attending school throughout my time there. I kept busy at work and was often given management tasks to attend to. The management team was friendly and encouraged hard work and productive use of time.
Productive and fun workplace
Produce/Bakery/Deli Associate (Former Employee), Fergus, OntarioMarch 13, 2015
-Responsible for produce/bakery/deli department. Often cleaning and sanitary procedures as well as stocking shelves and nightly prep work.

-Learned a lot about food preparation
busy in the pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2015
it was busy and face paced in the pharmacy the people were great and it seemed like a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed the time I spent working there
great Job
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 12, 2015
Walmart is a great job, they are busy and its a fast paced environment. you will always have something to do. Walmart has excellent training, and the staff is amazing and always there to help when needed. They could use a little more employee activities and fun things to keep employees motivated. but then again last time i worked there was in 2010. times have changed! love walmart!
Friendly atmosphere, Diverse schedule, Great community involvement
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines, OntarioMarch 12, 2015
My experience working for Walmart was great, I went in not expecting to enjoy my job, and I actually learned that I did like it. I was made to feel welcome by other coworkers, management was always there to help if you had a question, or concern.. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with diffucult customers at times, then I learned to bring their attention to the managers and they would always take care of it for us. I enjoyed the job because it was always organized, the schedule was always posted with a lot of notice, we were able to take people's shifts if they needed a day off, and vice versa, and last but not least, the customers were great, and the coworkers were as well.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more