Walmart
40,440 reviews

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
well organised and really respectful work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schulde
Cons: low wage and less hpurs
I have learnt a lot from this organisation. I gained some interpersonal skills. I have improved my communication skills. learnt how to tackle with the problems regarding the customer service.
A day in a cashiers life
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: decent breaks
Cons: standing on your feet for hours
At walmart I was a cashier, the job includes checking people out, asking if their shopping trip was ok. Making sure our work area was clean and tidy as well as pulling in customers to cash them out. I enjoyed meeting new people and having a good conversation with my costumers.My co workers were awesome, I had a lot of friends there, a lot of people I went to high school with.
Brampton Walmart was a fun happy place to work Belleville the moral of the staff is bad
retail customer service manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: short shifts no hours and always worring about how to pay bills
ive worked for Walmart for 18.5 years . Since i moved to Belleville the store is so different no chance for advancement favoritism etc . Walmart isnt for me anymore this store has made me feel this way.
What to Expect as a Walmart Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Carleton Place, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, meet new people, learn new things, hear stories, socialize
Cons: exhausting, stressful, requires physical endurance
Walmart cashiers operate cash registers at the front of the stores, greeting customers warmly as they make purchases. They scan all items, process cash, check and credit card transactions and deactivate security devices on bags and items purchased. During busy periods, baggers are usually available to help the cashier pack and load customers' purchases in carts; otherwise, you must do the honors. As a Walmart cashier, you maintain the required amounts of cash in your registers and request price checks when necessary. You also verify customers' ages when they buy restricted merchandise such as beer or wine. Cleaning work areas and returning merchandise to shelves and racks are other responsibilities of the Walmart cashier.

Walmart cashiers work mornings, afternoons or evenings, depending on their typical hours. As a Walmart cashier, you may alternate days and evenings during the week, or work an occasional holiday. Cashier work can be exhausting and stressful, as you're constantly standing and assisting hordes of demanding customers each shift. You may often find yourself yearning for that first break of the day. But all around, it can be fast paced, (especially around the holidays), or slower watching paint dry, its a friendly environment – and customers make it so interesting. People have a lot of amazing stories.
Accounting Associate
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), BramptonJanuary 17, 2015
This position has given me tremendous experience in the accounting sector. The daily work for this position includes compliance with company policies and procedures while finalizing the daily business, completing and preparing deposits for bank. I have gained a great deal of knowledge while working as an Accounting Associate. The management at Walmart does an exceptional job at providing all the appropriate resources needed to perform the job most efficiently and effectively.
The co-workers are very competent in their area of work as the Human resource department makes sure only the best personnel is hired.
I enjoyed all the aspects of the job but particularly the investigation of the shortages and overages were attractive to me.
Hands on
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Thunder BayJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: not enough training.
i learned to stock shelves correctly, using the UPC's and brand types. I learned how to use a cashier in two days, was hard to understand at first, then when put to the test, it was handled well.
Good Company
Part-Time Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Wal-Mart is a fun and good company to work for. Customer Service and satisfaction is their number one priority. Their charity work gives back to the community helping the ones in need.
clean workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABJanuary 15, 2015
scan itims, bagging itims,take money, I like to welcome the customer on my tilt and give him a great shopping experience
Nice place to work
Warehouse Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Good working environment and helpful co workers. Fast paced work environment. Great starting salary and overall a good experience.
Nice place to work
as follows
jewellery specialist/ cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 10 % staff discount, pleasant coowerkers
Cons: very long hours, and not always clean working enviroment
- working in two alternative shifts-7am to 3:30 pm or from 3: 30 to 11 pm/ my schedule gives me mostly closing shifts
- working by myself expect some overlapping hours with department manager on Tuesdays
-recently according new trend to reduce workers hours - the hardest part of job is when managers are sending customers with their purchases to be served in my very limited counter space at jewelry counter
-most enjoyable part is when I am able to help customers in their choices of merchandises and when they are leaving very satisfied and very thankful
- I am very satisfied with my colleques in work, as well my direct manager and coworkers'
just a place to gain experience
Stock Associate/Member safety team (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work would involve hustling, you would definitely meet people who will come and go. high rate of employee turnover, you will meet some nice co-worker. One benefit of a part-time work is the 10% off any item you purchase from the store.
Cashier and Courtesy Desk Associate
Cashier and Courtesy Desk Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioJanuary 13, 2015
Probably the worst company I've worked for. Management was horrible and there was so much favouritism. Underworked and underpaid. Management liked to make up their own rules which were all lies and take advantage of the staff.
productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Merchandising (Former Employee), Windsor.ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: schedule switching
Cons: worked every holiday no matter what
Helped customers find product, took cash from customers for the payment of product, did returns. Walmart is an enjoyable job as well you will get to learn lots from the other employers as there is a lot of different levels and cultures.
Directing and coordinating running of the store.
Overnight Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Directing associates,operations, administration,overall presentation of merchandising and especially customer service . Working as a team, store manager,.responsible for interviewing,hiring and training of the associates as well as completing performance appraisals. working with between 200 to 300 associates. hardest part is to get everybody to work as a team. The enjoyable part is job satisfaction .
Very productive
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alliston, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Each day is a new day. Walmart is a very enjoyable place to work at with amazing co-workers who are very kind. Cashing out customers daily is a great opportunity to have a chance and experience to meet new customers every day. The hardest part about being a cashier is having to understand that some customers may be upset due to a lack of product or etc. I've learned from working as a cashier to always help the customers in every way possible to make them happy. At the end of the day, if places were switched around I would like the same for myself.
Could be worse
cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, Alberta (NORTH)January 12, 2015
Pros: staff discount
Cons: power hungry supervisors
typical entry level job, some awesome people to work with but there's the obvious higher ups that don't treat you with respect. Hardest part was dealing with some customers and some supervisors but if you can survive that you'll go a long way.
Interesting
Overnight Reciever (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great people, fun job.
Cons: long nights
This was a job that taught me a lot about what the day to day cycle of Walmart, and how retail in general operates; Essentially, it was an experience I wont forget.
Wal Mart Was Sub-Par
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: low paying job
When I was a employee for Wal Mart it was alright at the beginning. They seemed to have my best intrestest at heart, but as time grew I realized they have become extremely self fish and demanding for very little pay. Nor were they willing to give a full time position
Portrait Photographer
Portrait Studio Manager (Current Employee), NanaimoJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: wonderful customers
Cons: not enough hours
I get to help my customers and make memories for them during the most special times of their lives. I enjoy the client relationship aspect of this job and get to interact with people on a one on one basis throughout the day during their appointments.
I do have to be very good at multitasking as we also handle passports, deliveries and booking appointments. During the busy season it is a challenge to keep everyone on point and the studio running smoothly but it is a challenge I enjoy.
My staff are amazing and since I work alone 99% of the time we have to be very good at communicating with one another. When we do work together we share the load and make our jobs easier for one another.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more