Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,157 reviews matching the search
ok
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ONSeptember 21, 2016
need to be more understanding of peoples lifestyle. Part time shouldn't always have to require student hours. Assistant mangers are terrible
Pros
job is ok
Cons
hours dont work for families
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2016
Even tho I only worked at walmart for 4 months I feel like it's a wonderful place to work, both colleagues and management staff are warm and friendly, they really do care about you as a person, and I love that the company is so diverse, and treats everyone equally.
Pros
McDonald's next door😂, reasonable staff discount
Cons
Hours were not consistent
Productive fast paced environment that was fun and friendly.
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Great environment, treats their employees very well, company treats employees to free lunch, coffee, food etc.

Learned a lot about bin auditing, inventory check and order processing. Long hours, but was given three given breaks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and satisfying customers, as well as the one hour lunch break.

The hardest part would be either unloading a truck that has defective products and or messed up skids, or pulling a heavy pallet.
Pros
Free Lunches
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 20, 2016
Wage needs to be better for employee retainment I would think or I wouldn't be looking for more work some of the management could be better than is for sure but overall decent place to work for a student
Pros
Flexible schedules
okay work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 20, 2016
the work environment is okay. management needs improvement. management is only fair to selective employees.
CUSTOMERS ARE FRIENDLY. Benefits are good. employee discount is fair.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Walmart is a great place to learn and grow within the company. All training is provided to perform your job requirements.
Pros
learning
A independent Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2016
A job that allows you to watch soccer games and enforces the many rules to the best of your abilities. this job really helps build independent skills and being able to manage your own schedule
A great place to work
Graveyard Shift Stocking (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCSeptember 19, 2016
i like working with a good, happy crew which they had at the time.
They treat you with respect and if they make a profit by the end of the year, they share the profit at a percentage. Good hours and good management.
hated it
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONSeptember 19, 2016
They are horrible to their employees. Was suppose to be on mod duties and they neglected what wsib had told them...i 100% hated working there. Some of the empolyees weren't bad though, some never showed up for work and got promoted to manager because they were attractive.
Workplace,o-workers
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2016
workplace is a kind of enjoyment if you do you own work with full of energy and concentrate.Every new day teach you some new things.
Management is a very important part of work,they always helped us.My co-workers were really good and helpful to me.
Pros
Free entertainmnet
Cons
not long hours
Awesome workplace
Assistant Manager Walmart (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2016
It's a great company to work for .
Highly respected, they care for the employees, they are. Priority. Awesome bonus program. Great store manager who is always helping you to improve. Very positive environment.
walmart spruce grove
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABSeptember 17, 2016
walmart does not care about you family just $$$$
there are way to many ast managers to many channels
Staff there are great to work with and they help out as much as possible looking after your section while on breaks
Pros
discount card
Cons
your not a person
Working at Wal-mart.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PESeptember 16, 2016
It was a really simple job, of course there were always obstacles but it was always repetitive work which I found was easiest. My co-workers were extremely friendly and out going and so were my managers which made it a wonderful place to work. I learned a lot of social skills through out my experience. The hardest part was dealing with upset customers but I always tried my best to make sure that they felt welcome and tried my best to resolve the situation. Overall it was an amazing job.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Upset people
No team work
Overnight Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2016
Overnight crew is expected to do all the stocking, merchandising, and cleaning, without recognition or compensative pay. Hardest part of this job is not having enough crew to work with and no safety adherence.
Pros
Health Benefits are not bad
Cons
Over-worked and under paid in some of the locations.
Do not Apply
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONSeptember 16, 2016
I worked at Walmart for over 4 years and at first it was amazing. WE all worked has a team and it felt like a family. They used to hold BBQ's for us once in while to say thank you for a great job. In the last year they stopped doing everything and expected more from us.

I had health issues and handed in all the proper documents required and I was threatened to be written up for a week I needed off because I had emergency surgery. Even though I had proof the hospital had faxed a letter informing them.

When my step-dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, he was given a short amount of time to live. I had to bed and beg and threatened to go to labor board for a few days off to help my mother with his care. I even spoke to the store manager, finally got regional manager to agree. During the 5 days I asked off he passed away.

My fellow co-workers were amazing, I loved each and every one of them. Whenever one of us was sick we would all check on them. We had to throw our own christmas party because managers said there was not enough in the budget even though head office gives a allotmetmt each year.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 16, 2016
Great teamwork and management. I learnt a lot in terms of relating to customers and supervisors and also learnt to work for longer hours and extra shifts
Its good if you have no other option
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2016
Since working here I realized this job is slavery all over again. You work your aas off but will never advance in the company. The managers and csm's play favoritism and they tall about you a lot behind your back! Shifts are given based on how many MasterCard you have sold. Where I work is mostly immigrants and instead of speaking English they speak their language all day talking and laughing right in your face! Their is no open door policy because if you dear complain about how rude and unprofessional management are they will cut your shifts are you will become an outcast.
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
Everything else!
Its just okay
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
working at walmart can be busy, fun day. you meet a lot of people everyday you learned different things everyday.because your very busy at work giving customer service, doing sctocking, doing your paper works, doing price changes. you will not notice the time. the only hard part is when there is very disrespectful customers. That make me sad. it gives a bad day or i can say stress in your day that makes u upset for the day. inspite of that you still have to be positive for the day for me to do my job and enjoy the things im doing.
Pros
free coffee
good employer
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 15, 2016
somewhat typical large retail organization. wide range of various personalities amongst co-workers both good and bad. quality of managers varies from poor to excellent.
Pros
store discount
Cons
can be difficult to schedule time off
Decent starting job
Produce Worker (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABSeptember 14, 2016
Hours were decent, but they often would change schedules and not let you know, which was obviously stressful. Some managers were unfriendly, more then one employee quit out of rage while I worked there. Not all though, it was ok for hours.
Pros
Cons
Some managers were unfriendly.