Walmart
49,067 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a fast paced working environment
Store Standard Associate (Former Employee), Guildford MallJune 23, 2015
Walmart is a fast pace working environment. Customers service is highly valued and top the priority of the store. A typical day at work is when I do more exceptional job to customers.
Good experience overall
Specialist (Former Employee), mississauga, ontarioJune 22, 2015
Working at wamart was a good experience overall. Besides some political type issues which are common for such a large company which i believe is the only thing wrong in my time there, this company pays well, gives you time for family if you are not at a higher level, but requires hitting very tough goals. I would recommend them as a good employer.
Great Place to work
Cosmetic Department Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Very Busy
Keep Department clean and order all stock. Very busy Department. I liked working for the company. The staff was great and our store when we first open was one of the best. Our Store Manager at that time was a Very nice man and a Great person.
Most of the people are good to work with
Department Manager (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJune 21, 2015
The most enjoyable thing about working here is the people I get to work with. Management can be a bit overbearing and hard to please.
Very well managed
Stock, Maintenance, Cart boy (Current Employee), Longueuil, QCJune 21, 2015
Pros: Good hours, breaks
Cons: can be very repetitive
They are very well managed. They offer very flexible hours to my student life and they value the employees and always make sure that the employees' hard work is appreciated.
productive and fun place to work at
Overnight stocker (Former Employee), clairview superstore Edmonton, AlbertaJune 21, 2015
I really enjoyed working for walmart, the coworkers were down to earth the setting was nice and it really help me learn alot about the retail industry first hand.
Not a fun place.
Customer connection Associate (Former Employee), Toronto On.June 20, 2015
The Wal-Mart that I worked in wasn't that great because the employers didn't care about the employees and would fire them whenever someone made a mistake. The budget was cut down because the new management wanted to try something they had been doing in Vancouver.
My dark ages. Worst job
Cashier (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 19, 2015
Pros: N/A.. nothing is worth what you go through there
Cons: Cash Manager.
Worst place. Cash manager was a tyrant who was always mean. There are some good managers! quite a few are wonderful people to work for but the ones I dealt with were awful. You could have missed work because you're in the hospital dying and they would need a sick note, and even then, they would mark it against you as not showing up for work. most enjoyable part of this job was leaving it.
Walmart was an enjoyable place to work with friendly co-workers.
Truck Unloader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2015
Pros: Once in a while our crew would get free snacks, especially on the days when there was a heavy workload.
Cons: Sometimes there would be 2 full 18 wheel trucks to unload in one day which was difficult.
Working at WAL-MART taught me a lot about team work. Everyday our team of unloaders would work together to unload the trucks full of merchandise. Some days were more physically demanding than others, depending on the amount of items on the trucks. I met some very nice people who I had the privilege of working with. Some managers were more easy-going than others. Sometimes there were conflicts between us, but thankfully we had an excellent team leader who was very respectful and helped us to resolve the issues we had.
Fun and hard work place for a real worker
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2015
Pros: Make friend
Cons: Don't watch workers
I always have fun working there with my friend I always get calls from them for working overtime because they know I work hard for this company.
Not bad job just terrible managers
Department Manager (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCJune 18, 2015
Managers don't care about employees. Expect you to work your *** off and then wont give you a fair assessment or raise so they can keep there staffing costs down.
Average
UPC/Invoicing/Claims Associate (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABJune 17, 2015
Nothing special, good for entry level but being a cashier was brutal, dealing with angry customer after angry customer drains you by the end of the day. If you're working in the UPC/Invoicing office it is a lot better but sometimes it can be really slow. Management is ok but nothing special.
No Review
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee), mississauga, ONJune 17, 2015
I am still working in this company and doesnot want to disclose anything till I am part of it.
Typical day at work starts at 8"00 and ends at 5:00PM.
CO-Workers are really good and cooperative
Hardest part of job is management
Nice place to work
Full time associate in the Electronics department (Former Employee), Vernon, BCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing
Cons: Management Team
Nice place to work if you need a job or are a student. People and nice. Management team needs to b e let go and a new team rehired.
Poor Scheduling, minimum pay for high expectations
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with in some departments
Cons: Poor management, lots of cliques
I loved the department I was in, but they couldn't schedule enough associates to cover for breaks and could not manage to have support throughout the shift.

The management pulls people from each department when they know there is more than one associate leaving the other to be overwhelmed.

Management is not usually on the floor and is difficult to get a hold of when they are needed.

Loved working there but definitely not worth the headaches for such a low pay.

Hours never stayed the same one week you have 30 hours next week your working 12.

Fun people to work with but management had their cliques.

Never seen such an abusive workplace towards associates being promoted.
Pretty good
ELECTRONICS SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Brandon, MBJune 16, 2015
Walmart is a good place to work if you are looking for a department store environment. Lots of variety in work depending on department. Breaks are provided and management always ensures you get them.
Clean Store, Nice People, Great Customer Service
Part-Time Cashier / Receiver (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioJune 16, 2015
Working as a cashier for Walmart, I picked up and improved upon skills like communicating effectively with customers and working at an efficient pace to keep the business flowing. Customers are generally informed and polite, management handles the less content customers professionally and effectively.
Fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 16, 2015
Working as a group was the fun part and meeting hundreds of people everyday. Hard part of the job was standing the whole day, and cashing out people
Top of the line culture
Spectra Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJune 16, 2015
Walmart has a very good work culture and history of success. It is very open and honest and treats employees with respect.
Productive and great opportunities to expand
Full-time Produce Associate/In stock Associate (Current Employee), Port Perry, OntarioJune 13, 2015
It was a great place to work, with lively people and a fast paced work environment that I strive in. On a typical day I would be working in Produce moving product, analyzing product that has gone bad, disposing of it appropriately, working in conjunction with managers, co-workers and customers.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more