Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not bad
Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 20, 2015
it is not the best job but it is not the worst either. Walmart offered flexible schedules and the managers were mostly reasonable,
Fun, friendly, hardworking and a learning experience.
team lead and customer service specialist (Former Employee), mississauga ontarioMay 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent staff and hospitality in training and helping.
Cons: None
I learned that working in a team based environment is far more applicable than working alone. My co workers were very nice and friendly and helped me to understand the prospect of my duties. I did not consider my job being hard at all for me to handle. The management was very nice and sincere, strict and assertive as they should be.
Fast-Paced Enviornment
Cashier/ Customer Service Distributer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMay 19, 2015
This company is customer service based and is very fast paced. It would suit someone who enjoys interacting with many different types of people and who are not shy.
wal-mart
Electronics clerk (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 18, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: long hours
Awesome staff and productive place to work great management, also very fun at some points also some what rewarding overall great place to work
terrible
2ndShiftInStockAssociate/CustomerServiceDesk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: hard labor
the managers are terrible and they dont care about the employees at all. the people i worked with were great but management was terrible.
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Sault Ste MarieMay 18, 2015
Pros: Discounts and long lunch
Cons: Management was not always avaliable
Great environment to work in. Co-workers were easy to get along with and management were available sometimes. Worked with customers with their needs on the kiosk and making sure the product got to the customers in proper time.
Walmart Review
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 18, 2015
My position at Walmart was to complete any task that needed to be done around the store. But my primary tasks were to push carts from the lot into the store, move merchandise using a pallet jack, and to scan and process merchandise arriving from trucks. For this job you needed to be hard working, reliable, and safety minded.
Overall great workplace
Support Manager (Former Employee), 130 ave SE CalgaryMay 16, 2015
I enjoyed the interaction with my co-worker and most of my customers.Highly productive retail business with a strong customer focus.
Never again
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2015
i will never work at Wal-Mart again. Although I have met some great peers during my time their, the management does not care for you.
People Person
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2015
Everyday was interesting and it was the customers who made it that way. The times when this job was enjoyable was when I would have fun/entertaining customers. Even just having kind people come through your lane makes the day that much better. The hardest part about this job was dealing with the angry customers. I learned to have patience from my time at Walmart. When a customer was angry, being angry back was never the answer. It would make things worse. Having the support from management makes those situations easier to deal with as well.
Overall great workplace
3rd Shift Instock Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 14, 2015
Great people to work for, great people to work with, room for advancement, flexible hours. Physically demanding but overall a good job.
Job with good benefits
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCMay 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits
I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers and most of my customers. I also enjoyed working with the photo equipment and the opportunity to learn about cameras and photo development.
Fun co-workers and fun place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: Associates
Cons: Organization
What makes Walmart a successful company is its associates, retail is tough place to work at to being with. This particular store has a lot of great well seasoned and professional associates that make it a great place to work at even though there are a lot of challenges from upper managements in regards to providing support at store level. But the store management tries their best to work with what resources they have. the customers are rather tough audience for the most part, can't really please them all specially in this market.
Overall good place to be, wages and benefits are not the greatest but its ok.

Organization
Friendly and well educated staff members
Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 14, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on almost everything in the store
The hardest part of the job is getting customers to sign up for a Walmart Rewards MasterCard.

If you can deal with customers, keep a small area clean and tidy, and follow the basic rules, this job is no problem.
Strong human communications
Photographer (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 14, 2015
Every day was busy. Managing the whole studio alone with too many responsibilities was not that easy. The management was awesome. I learned how to be multi-task. Taking picture of kids was fun and enjoyable.
Difficult Managers but Regular Hours
In-stock/Stocker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 13, 2015
I had regular full time hours for my entire 2.5 years there. I received benefits after 6 months of work, and had no issues with them afterwards. It is a manual job and is hard. You are tired and sore at the end of the day. The managers are often unqualified for their jobs, leading to mismanagement of employees and bad treatment of employees. Overtime is rare. Most of the work is independent, occasionally you will share a department with other employees and all work together to stock it. Co-workers can be helpful and supportive, though they are given little leeway by management to help other employees out.Gossip can be fairly rampant at times due to it being a small crew that works with each other consistently. Overall, a regular-houred job that takes hard work but is predictable and easy.
productive and rewarding place
Overnight Stock Associate/Department Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMay 13, 2015
highly productive retail business with a strong customer focus. A company that gives back to the communities that surrounds it as well as those counties in need around the world. Has a great benefit package. lots of room for advancement. A strong unified team.
Good work environment, friendly coworkers, management was easy to work with and always willing to listen if you have any problems.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Rockland, ONMay 13, 2015
A typical day as a clothing associate for Walmart included a lot of putting things back on hangers and then placing them to their specific section. If you worked in the clothing department you were also required to be responsible for the jewelry counter, which included making sure everything was locked at all times and doing an inventory check.
During the course of this job I learned how to be an independent worker through the various responsibilities. I was often the only employee in the clothing department in the evenings and would be closing, therefore I was responsible for making sure the department was up to par. The most difficult part of the job was making sure that all the various shelves of clothing and the racks were neat and tidy, because throughout the day they would get quite messy as customers looked through them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently and having the freedom to take lunches/breaks when I wanted to as opposed to having someone schedule them out for me.
Productive workplace
Stocker Associate (Current Employee), Camrose, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: Overall Experience
Cons: Long Hours
With my experience at Walmart both as a Cashier and a Meat stocker, the typical day at work was long, and productive. I learned everything from processing a transaction, to safely lifting boxes and properly positioning merchandise onto coolers, racks, and shelves.
The hardest part of my job was the amount of lifting I did on an everyday basis which made the day seem longer and exhausting, but the most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with the customers and helping them with anything they may need.
Fun place
Deli Worker / Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 13, 2015
I really enjoyed participating in the events that they did. I got to hand out balloons and other things to customers. I got to know some of the other customers.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more