Walmart

Walmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
co-op job
Co-op Student (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 15, 2014
it was just a co-op job that was it, didn't work there after! i would like to work there, but it was too much work for me when i was in high school to take on, the people who worked there before with me weren't so good
my personal review
Assistant Manager, Front End Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: enjoying what i do and having a positive additude
Cons: sometimes missing out on family time
open store have a meeting in morning with all employees on days to give the goals for the day and review with night crew all new product and any store changes , what we learned on a daily basices we share with staff to keep them always in the loop of things going on working as a front end manager you are on floor with your people and coaching and improving – more... there skills daily , work with so many wonderful people , every day was enjoyable you have all different people and every day is a adventure – less
Fun people to work with, but a bit stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great people, and fairly easy work (most of the time)
Cons: frustrating customers, and overly demanding managers
The job is not a difficult one, but some of the customers you have to deal with are amazingly frustrating. As well the Managers sometimes expect for you to do more than is physically possible, such as look after the entire back corner of the store by your self, helping customers, and run a cash register. but the people I work with there make it a fun – more... experience. – less
live close by
Cashier / cosmetics / assistant (Former Employee), north edmontonJuly 15, 2014
realy interested in working with rexall, have lots of experience and just love seeing people
busy
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
customer service very busy. learned alot from various departments.people are very nice
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Timmins, ONJuly 14, 2014
assist customers with daily needs and concerns.count and manage cash and debit transactions
Good experience
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the company gives bonuses
Cons: not enough hours
No day at work is the same, with customer service each customer brings a new experience. I've learned that customers come first because they play a major role in the success of a company. The managers and co-workers are very approachable, and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being friendly and getting to know my customers.
Employees are great - Management on the otherhand...
Part-time sales associate and unloader (Current Employee), Orangeville, ONJuly 14, 2014
I love most the people I work with. However, working as a 2nd shift instock, we're severely underpaid considering how much more work we do than the floor staff. Our store manager isn't approachable in any form and treats the store as a profit rather than a family like the previous store manager.
Good Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), West Kelowna, BCJuly 13, 2014
I enjoyed working a walmart and meeting different kinds of people. I improved my customer service skills. Management was excellent and helped me in anyway they could. Co-workers were great!
Productive place to work, very friendly workers
Shoe Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2014
Pros: 10% discount on products
Cons: no accommodation for hockey schedule
A typical day consisted of stocking the products and cleaning up the floor and shelves making it presentable then assisting customers and also cleaning up through out the day. Also responding to till calls and directing people to different products.

I learned many things about shoes and zoning, pricing items, how to interact with many customers, responding – more... to till calls, directing people to items and making searches for items that customers want.

The management was good for the most part, my reason for leaving was because my manager wouldn't accommodate my hockey schedule although I gave it to them in 1 months advance.

The co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with, everyone got along well without any issues.

The hardest part about my job was dealing with multiple customers at once, especially on holidays when they would all come in bunches.

The most enjoyable part of my job was giving the customers what they asked for and having them leave with what they came for. – less
A great place to grow!
Produce/Cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJuly 12, 2014
Pros: a great team and i was able to work near my husband
Cons: there were challenges, but only those that caused me to grow
Great team minded environment where I enjoyed interaction with diverse people. Learned new customer service skills and strategies for serving customers. I learned efficient cashier operation skills and became comfortable working at a fast pace. I really appreciated the training opportunity Walmart provided.
Close to home and enjoyable workplace
Freight and stock associate (Former Employee), Quesnel,BCJuly 11, 2014
Unload freight trucks and sort freight and distribute to specific departments, and do inventory.

Learned how to manage inventory and stay on a time schedule.
fun work place
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), toronto onJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: miss communication
not organized with the rules and management instructions.
Great people to work with
Truck Unloader (Current Employee), oshawaJuly 9, 2014
Cons: 3pm to 11pm shift
I love the people i work with directly on a daily basis on my team
Productive and exciting work environment
Shoe Service Specialist (Former Employee), North Battleford, SKJuly 8, 2014
First look on new products. Busy at times. Great people to work with. Fun work environment
Productive, hectic and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2014
Lots of costumers
I learned how to operate a cash register. I also learned more about retail and the policies that Walmart upholds daily.
My co-workers were friendly and kind from across the planet, so there was diversity. It was fun to work with them.

The hardest parts of the job was rush hour, the most enjoyable part was meeting new people day in – more... and out. – less
overwork and underpay
csm (Current Employee), calgaryJuly 8, 2014
Pros: you got a job
Cons: low wages overworked unappreciated stressful
Overworked on minimum wage. Disrespectful management at times. No recognition of hard work. As a csm im on my feet running around sometimes without breaks even.
walmart is a great place, but you sacrifice for the job
IMS associate (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: alot of hours, pays well, secured.
Cons: you work past scheduled time, you have horrible conditions somtimes
walmart always has the team short handed always orders to much product that doesnt even sell or doesnt even fit in the back room. some people dont help others out . always some management that expected everything to be done even though they had a truck arive 2 hours before your shifts end and only 3 men is sitting in the back with the job of puting – more... away the new product with no space literaly left.
the job did pay well. you always had hours. no real reason for you to lose the job . does take alot out of you . you do somtimes stay past you schedualed time almost every day . also every walmart isnt the same and could be runned differently. this walmart could do better though. – less
Walmart started out as a very good company to work with but as the years goes by our jobs are no longer secure.
Full Time Department Manager of Infants Wear (Current Employee), Regina, SKJuly 7, 2014
Pros: we get lots of free food like bar-b-ques and taco in a bag.
Cons: don't get paid enough for what i do.
The day at work will be very hectic as we always have a lack of staff. A lack of staff means that the department managers have to pick up the slack plus have your own work done, plus any extras that are given to you.

I've learned to use there computer systems, how to run a retail business, how to deal with customers and much, much more.

We have had – more... many changes in Walmart recently. Some managers got let go, other accociates got promoted to assistant positions and other people were hired out of Walmart. We currently have a lot of assistants that don't know how to do there jobs and it doesn't help when the store manager isn't there half the time. The morale right now is not good at all and it makes it hard to do your job.

I love my co-workers and I will miss them but it is time for a change, time to move on to something else and learn new things.

My job is not hard at all, I don't have an issue with what I do.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making my co-workers and customers happy. When they are happy I'm happy. – less
Great Place for opportunities for people who are not ready to retire.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 7, 2014
I shop there a lot. I think they give a lot of people opportunities to remain productive and meet a lot of people.

I am able to work Thursday to Monday. Hours are not an issue.

About Walmart

Walmart Canada is the Canadian unit of Wal-Mart and was founded in 1994 in Mississauga, Ontario with the purchase of the Canadian – Read more