Walmart

52.0K reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace with an incredible staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St VitalAugust 20, 2015
Pros: non paid lunches, not enough hours given out
Cons: long hours
Big corperation with room to advance, Fun and polite staff to work with and a friendly group of Managers, The days do feel longer then any other job ive worked at .
Loved my coworkers
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Some free lunches, "family" environment
Cons: long hours, busy day
Hard place to work, very very busy, if you thrive under pressure this would be a great work environment.
Management was not that great. I would book time off with 2 months in advance and they would not give it to me, and I would have to find people to cover on my own. Were patronizing and rude.
Loved my coworkers.. we always had a lot of fun
Customers were horrible and obnoxious.. I worked customer service desk and had a couple people throw things and was yelled at several times, however, that's possible to happen anywhere you work.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
I had fun working with such a lively team. Friendly, dedicated and inspiring. Keep it up wherever you are guys. Looking forward to a greater time.
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
Cashier, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), SaskatchewanAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 10% discount.
Cons: Poor management, high turn over rate, lazy employees.
Walmart was probably the worst place that I have ever worked. I worked there for 2 years while I was in high school; I started as a cashier, then moved to be a Customer Service Rep (working at the return desk), then I moved to working in Cosmetics/Jewelry. Management and other employees treat younger people like pure trash. They didn't care how hard you worked, if you've never called in sick, always done your job; to them you were a lazy piece of garbage. Working as a cashier = worst job ever. I was constantly yelled at about an item not being the price the customer wanted, getting an employee from that department to tell me that the price that came up was in fact, correct, and the customer still take it out on me. Working at the customer service desk was pretty bad too. People always yelling at you for not returning something, and then id point to the GIANT sign that states our return policies, show it to them on the back of the receipt and then they would still ask to see a manager. During the two years that I worked at Walmart we had gone through 3 different store managers. They all sucked, none of them were ever in the store and when they were they hid out in their office. Overall, working here is not worth the disgusting wage they give you. No one deserves to put up with this terrible place everyday.
Busy and productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Leduc, ABAugust 19, 2015
- always have something to do
- learnt patients when dealing with a angry customer
- management was always positive and upbeat
- everyone is kind and willing to help each other out when needed
- standing in one spot all day
- the end of your shift when you can go home and relax after a busy day
very stressful place to work
instock associate (Current Employee), spruce groveAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free snacks on 20 accident free days, 30 days free lunch, 50 electronic draw
Cons: makes the workers feel responsible for managemnts mistakes. works everyone like dogs
work is extremely stressful, management runs excuse circles so they are never the ones to blame, management always works their fast pace workers like dogs and never gives them appreciation. never take responsibility to train their workers properly
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 19, 2015
had awesome co workers and love the fast pace environment...............................................
........................................
.........
....................
Fun with Customer service job
Customer Service Specialist (Electronics) (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Adding for knowledge to what I know before
Cons: Sometimes looked cumbersome doing repetitive duties
I find it extremely enjoyable working as a customer service specialist because I get to assist customers with different and peculiar problems.
Productive work place
cashier, photo lab (Former Employee), weyburn , red deerAugust 18, 2015
It is a good company to work for , mut attached to procedures and regglas , good working environment , a lot of teamwork .
Friendly , hardworking people
bat salary
Great Company
Overnight stock representative (Former Employee), mississaugaAugust 17, 2015
Pros: money and co workers
Cons: none
Absolutely amazing days
how to manage time and organize section well and tackle high demands
co workers were so good
is adjusting as fast as possible but i tackle it like a pro
the end of the day and to know you did good and the pay
it started off nice but the longer i stayed and worked there the worse it got
General Labourer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: long hours, alot of runing around and weird hours or not insufficient hours worked
they treat you like your a machine, one week your working 40 hours the next your working 20 or less and sometimes your working for 2 to 3 weeks on
Equal opportunities at work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCAugust 16, 2015
The fact that Walmart gives workers equal opportunities makes it one of the best place to work. It deals with all workers with respect and cares for their well-being irrespective of race
Decent place to work
overnight stocker (Former Employee), Red DeerAugust 14, 2015
Pros: occasional snack given at lunch
Cons: long hours
I worked in almost every department and rarely worked in the same 2 consecutively each night. I also usually got stuck doing the tasks no one else wanted to.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Discounted items, great people to work with
Cons: Long hours
A typical day working at Walmart Canada would be working with great people in a wide range of ages, and standing for long hours at a time. I have learned from working at Walmart that everyone should be treated equally by management and not treated as though some people can do jobs that others can't without giving them a chance. Management at Walmart is absolutely outstanding, everybody is very friendly and very understanding, along with great co-workers that are amazingly friendly and very easy to get along with. The hardest part to this job, would be standing in one spot for a long amount of time, as the most enjoyable part to this job would be the people and environment you work with and in.
Friendly people and good work environment.
Sales and Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Many benefits.
Cons: Sometimes very tiring.
Had a great experience overall. Learned some new things. Was also depressing sometimes when the work load increased but overall a fun experience.
Easy to follow instructions, comfortable working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: shorter shifts
Cons: always on feet
fun, comfortable working environment, able to develop skills needed to grow on all aspects of business, friendly workers and very understanding and makes the job easier on the employee
horrible place to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
worst place to work ever. overworked and under paid.
They take advantage of you if you have a work ethic.
Was on strait nights for 2 years.
unsafe work condtitions. ex using broken forklifts stocking stale food
Boring place to work, everybody keeps to themselves.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Discounts at subway and mcdonalds
Cons: demanding on wrists, legs and back.
Have busy spurts throughout the day, all the cashiers keep to themselves, the only time they talk is if they know each other outside of work. There is a lot of favoritism, and people talk behind everyone else's back. Training wasn't very good.
Great working experience and very productive
customer spcialist (Current Employee), laval, qcAugust 11, 2015
Pros: bonuses, benefts, discount
Cons: hard labour
a typical day at work would incredibly eventful. Never boring because, of all the tasks needed done. Many clients to serve and patience and giving the best customer service is key. I have learned and grown with the company for 10 years and learned how to manage and deal with individuals and different scenarios that occur within the working environment.

Working with different individuals improved my standards and capabilities to work with anyone or anywhere. I learned that it takes a team to make a company work and I will continue to indorse that throughout my upcoming working environment and experiences.

The hardest part of my job would be the want to please all customers and individuals I work with or for. Sometimes, it is not that easy due to lack of stock or not being able to find what each individual is looking for. However, we try our best and do what is needed to make them happy with the service provided.

the most enjoyable is working with different individuals every day and serving extraordinary people. Building a relationship with people is exciting. Meeting new people makes working with the public exciting and gives us willingness to pursue our jobs.
Customers come first
Cashier (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 11, 2015
Typical day at Wal-Mart is helping and serving customers in a friendly fast paced manner, and being efficient. When not helping customers due to low volume of customers in store, I will be stocking shelves and even doing restock when possible. I also do customer service/courtesy desk and help customers there and refund and return things. I try and make the customers happy as customers always come first. I have learned a lot while working here and I plan on using what I have learned in my future employment and everyday life when possible. My co-workers are absolutely fantastic and we are like one big family.
Headquarters