Walmart
35,272 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work environment and job satisfation.
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2014
worked at reception gate as greeter receiving people, welcoming and helping them in becoming comfortable during visit to he store..
Learned to deal with customers and handle till management.
Team sprit from co-workers. Enjoyed every thing from dealing with customers at till and Greeting them whole day with a smiling face and cordial behaviour.
Fun work place
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Sydney, NSSeptember 8, 2014
Great for student workers, welcoming, helpful, enjoyable.
People are great to work for and with.
not the best employer there is. poor communication between management and floor associates
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: easy to get on with
Cons: lack of communication
I wouldn't recommend working for Wal-Mart because the policies change daily, what you do today will be wrong tomorrow. there is no written notice of these changes just word of mouth and only half of the message gets to the people working the front lines. cashiers never know what's going on in the store as they never attend the daily meetings and are – more... expected to know what's really going on in the store. so not my first choice of employer – less
...Work with great people
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Orleans, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 15 mins breaks paid for
Cons: to many responsibilities, not enough compensation
A typical day as a Wal-Mart cash supervisor starts off by viewing the schedule and counting the float for the front cashes, so that cashiers can receive breaks on time as well as the correct amount of change. As the day goes by I might have to go on cash to help reduce line-ups, or help on Customer Service returning defective/unwanted merchandise and – more... send Western Union transfers. I am not only responsible for the cashiers but also the maintenance team (making sure the front end is clean, as well as the wash rooms) and the cart crew(making sure the cart carrels are full). At the end of the day have to make sure all 24+ cashes are counted and left with a float.

The hardest part of the job is handling the high amount of customers. Not always given what is needed to get through the work day. (cashiers, support)
The employees are very kind, we grow to help each other. Very friendly work environment.
Management does not always respond to the employee needs.
I've learned CPR/First Aid, how to be patient with upset customers. – less
productive
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I LIKE WALMART BCAUSE IT IS CLEAN ,NICE
ILEARN HOW TO CLEAN AND DOING DAIRY
IHAD NEW FRIENDS
CLOSING SHIFT
GOOD FRIEND AND MANGERS
no opportunity for advancement
Backroom Stock Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONSeptember 8, 2014
back room stock associate. loading and unloading merchandise.
hired on a temporary basis during a busy season. employment not extended.
very great environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2014
very great management and environment,
walmart is a big name, very authentic Co.
cashier at walmart
Cashier (Former Employee), grand falls windsor, NLSeptember 7, 2014
serving customers and making sure all isles were clean and tidy. co workers were great .
Night shift
Maintenance (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 7, 2014
I did mostly the same work each night, clean the floors or washrooms. Management was not properly trained and expected far too much out of their team.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Photographer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Worked up to 9 hour shifts mostly independently, boss was really nice, enjoyed interacting with parents and children everyday.
Productivie and a fun place to work
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Walmart is a great place to work. You are offered challenges which brings out your skills.
Square Pegs Only
Compliance Division (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: generally good salaries
Cons: weak upper management, silo'ed divisions
Working in the Home Office for 5 years, you learn that people that look, talk, and act like the leadership move forward quickly. If you don't fit in the mold (IE Round peg), you aren't going anywhere.
Good entry level position to the workforce
Walmart Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Yarmouth, NSSeptember 6, 2014
Long hours, Low Pay in comparison for the work done, Working nights in general is hard on your social life

Problems never seemed to get solved even when verbally addressed to management.
It's a hectic environment
Associate (Current Employee), Sydney River, NSSeptember 5, 2014
It is very fast paced,, need to be quick on your feet, once you get the swing of things its good
safe and supporting environment.
Reciever/Unloader Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Mission, BCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free special occasion snacks in the lunchroom.
Cons: terrible music played on the pa system.
Walmart is a very interesting place to work at.... It is a good place for those first time job seekers. High school students would find it a goo part time job. the management staff at Walmart, like anywhere can be frustrating, but in general will try to be flexible. For example if you have an emergency trip coming up and you need time off, they will – more... try and sort things out for you.
Another thing is that if you are being harassed by a customer or another associate, you fellow workers will stand up for you and give you support. – less
amber's review
Footwear Department (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: was a good after school job.
Cons: non.
dealing with stock, cleaning the shoes off the floor, putting shoe back on the shelf, helping costumers find shoes or sizes. costumer service. working as a team member, meeting new people everyday.
Excellent and fun place to work!
Photolab Technician (Former Employee), Oshawa, BellevilleSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: discounts and excellent managers/co-workers
Cons: we worked with outside companies that were very harsh with us
I don't know about other Walmarts, but when I worked in Oshawa was when I had my first, and best job experiences. My manager was excellent and thoroughly knowledgeable about camera's, products and the photolab, so it made the position incredibly easy to learn. Being inside the electronics department as well gave me a thorough understanding on how to – more... work there as well. I loved working with the printer the most, especially when it needed to be cleaned and fixed. The photolab was definitely my favourite job. – less
Good people to work for
Baker (Former Employee), Woodstock OnSeptember 4, 2014
Good balance of different people to work with, always something new to see
Good for first timers.
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: it's decent work for high schoolers.
Cons: customers can be harsh at times.
IT was my first part time job. I did well there, got along with most of my co-workers and most of the managers. Plenty of things to do there. It was pretty good for a high school student. Customers had a tendency to be hostile though, and should you even try to give your defend yourself when they yell at you they threaten to get you fired.
good place to work. Just need to provide more hours to staff .
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: not enough hours. promised 20-25 am getting only 17.
Good working environment. Management just needs to provide more hours to work.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more