Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,771 reviews matching the search
good natured job culture at walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC25 February 2017
walmart is a very good place to start to gain experience. They have flexable long hours. i find the people who work in the back more friendly than people at the front end.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
diffcult calling in sick
It's not a bad place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parry Island, ON24 February 2017
It's not a bad place to work if you don't mind mangers not being there to help when you need it. It's also not to bad if you don't mind doing more work then what your paid for.
Pros
People are pretty friendly
Cons
Not enough hours
Friendly customers, student friendly, good training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON23 February 2017
overall my experience at Walmart was mixed. I enjoyed the work, the customers and I liked the shifts I was given. Unfortunately, I ended up meeting a few issues along the way. I asked for time off at three separate times to go to a wedding, paperwork and all. Was told no but no reason was given, then later was told I never asked for time off. Management was rude and unfriendly, even to customers.
Pros
Friendly customers, student friendly, good training
Cons
not very flexible with hours, management needs improvement
Unfit, disorganized managers de-humanizing employees daily.
Electronics Associate (Current Employee) –  Comox, BC23 February 2017
The usual work routine consists of wanting to quit at least five times during your shift, and being yelled at by managers( grown adults), to the point where you start spending your breaks crying in your car. This is the only customer service job where the customers behave more compassionate and considerate towards you then the supervisors are. Management will not be bothered to train new employees in any aspect regarding their position, so the majority of your first few months there will be filled with irate customers yelling at you to do your job, and you not knowing what that actually entails. Prepare yourself for managers to become irate towards when you finally cave and ask them for help. Because of course in the 21st century you should be able to train yourself, right? According to this company that is correct. The one saving grace you can count on is your coworkers helping you out, and taking the time to answer your questions in an inviting, non judgmental manner. Working at walmart is the equivalent of having a twenty minute long pap smear performed by your elderly neighbor.
Pros
five cents over minimum wage
Cons
mental health will deteriorate
Poor money, long hours, rude management
Cashier/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB23 February 2017
I would spend long days doing repetitive tasks, my back got sore very quick. Was promoted to mid-level management but was nearly paid the same as a cashier. Management will say performance is poor, even though they don't give enough training for management positions. I am glad I left.
Pros
minor discount on products after six months
Cons
everything else
Great place to acquire retail skills
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 February 2017
The typical work day is very busy and consists of cranky shoppers and pushy management. However this workplace has given me a lot of new experiences and has taught me a lot about the retail workplace.
Productive and great work place
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL23 February 2017
I had a great experience working for Walmart, the people there are wonderful, and I learned a lot while being employed with the company.
Fun
Sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2017
It was fun to work as a sub contractor, as i had flexible hours. I also had the opportunity learn many things while working as a subcontractor. I had to manage my time effectively to deal with the work load so i learned time management skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Repetetive
Good company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 February 2017
Great company to work for but management needs a little more attention when being hired. The company as a whole does a lot of great things for the community and charities.
Pros
Friendly place
Cons
Not consecutive shifts
kinda fun
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 February 2017
Started off easy and went harder and harder with less workers in my department making it harder on the rest of us and got to the point where it was ridiculous for the pay.
i want a new job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON22 February 2017
This place is no longer where i want to work, I get treated very poorly. Management has wanted to get rid of me due to my identification
Generally productive and well organized company
Jewelry sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 February 2017
Duties would include
- cleaning the general area such as keeping the floors clear of debris, keeping the displays organized, stocked, and free of dust
- putting out the daily stock and checking it off on the truck log sheets to confirm quantities
- keeping track of jewelry sales that are over a set dollar amount
- general customer service
- changing watch batteries as well as replacing wristbands and pins
Pros
Lots of hours, great family like staff environment, lots of set paid breaks per shift, lovely regular shoppers
Cons
Unorganized department manager, departments left unstaffed had to be covered by jewelry associate or left unattended, upset customers tend to take out anger or front end staff and cashiers.
Not my ideal job
Automotive (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 February 2017
All i could say is that it was not entirely for me. Management is great, and everyone gets along, but I personally did not like the constant leaving your area and working in another. Like i say, it was not the job for me, but could be for some others.
Working at Walmart
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON21 February 2017
Management send a lot of time sitting in the office eating and talking and do not do much to help you. When you do speak to them it usually feels like you are interrupting something or they are telling you that you are not doing something right - usually because you were not given the proper training and things change so often its hard to keep up.
productive and efficient workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB21 February 2017
program driven workplace with emphasis placed on achieving financial targets while satisfying all customer needs. In a small town this is especially rewarding as you are very involved in the community as well.
Pros
very busy days
Cons
can be difficult to attract and retain associates
Fast paced and very team orientated
Customer assistance manager (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB21 February 2017
Busy and fast paced environment with one on one customer relations.i have improved on my multi task skills and problem solving . I have gained knowledge and experience in a management position . I enjoy the customers that come in from young to old . Development and growth are very important to me as well as furthering my knowledge and gaining more confidence and understanding .
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Part time
Enjoyed working in Jewelery Department
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB20 February 2017
Customer Service, Merchandising, Planagrams,
Modulars, Taking Orders

Dealing with customers one on one.

Organizing and doing returns on a dealine
awful management
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 February 2017
The management on the Walmart at Highstreet Mall is too arrogant and disorganized. They don't have respect for employees; and make them feel like slaves. Worst management I've ever worked for.
Pros
stocks are available to employees
Cons
managent too arrogant and disorganized
Didnt really like working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 February 2017
It wasn't really a bad place to work. I got along with the employees but not the managers they were always on my behind and grinding me for nothing.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON20 February 2017
Very busy store but can be very satisfying. Great Team atmosphere.
As a customer service manager I was able to learn most front end positions which was quite interesting and enjoyable.
If this company moved more towards full time positions rather than very P/T positions it would be an excellent job for anyone who loves to work with the public.