Walmart
38,820 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Labor job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONDecember 17, 2014
man dominated place and sometime people get racist and supervisors are partial no job security if go through agency and take more than one year to get an job security then three mony=th provision period.
fun place to work lots to learn
Manager (Former Employee), cobourgDecember 16, 2014
Pros: clean..safe...friendly
Cons: not enough staff on hand
I learned a lot in the 10 years I was there..i moved around the company as much as I could to learn as much as I could
bad company because of bad management
Commis à l'étalage (Former Employee), LavalDecember 16, 2014
Cons: a lot of pressure on all of their employee for simple taks
this company is not what most people think it is. the management is horrible. the managers are the most selfish people in the world, they don't care about any of their employees , they all want to get promoted so they creates with all kind of false accusation . they all want to look assertive in front of walmart`s big boss.
the co-workers are nice because – more... we all have the same problems. we all have this anger towards wal-mart management team who treats us like we just like some robots. they don't even treats us like human being out there is crazy. i wont go throw all the details because it would being inappropriate but someone will expose this company especially the franchise that is establish around Laval. – less
custumor service
cashier customer service (Former Employee), milton,ONDecember 16, 2014
i love to work in any place i am experienced at customer service
Good Experience
Part-time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 16, 2014
This is my first job in Canada. I am doing refunds and returns transaction. I learned to deal with customers. Management is good. They are helpful. My co workers are good. We help each other. Company is good. I learned a lot from them. I had a good experience.
I'm new to this company and have only worked in one store.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Stratford, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: overnight premium, steady work pace with minimal interruption and an incredibly active work environment.
Cons: working overnight messes with your circadium rythm, you forget what day it is and not much interaction with the public.
Typical day at work consists of receiving inventory, entering it in the system, sorting to departments, stocking, binning over stock and picking items that can be placed out of the floor. Sometimes requires visual merchandising. Always requires quality control.

I have learned to deal with inventory at a much larger level.

A lot of the work on nights – more... requires minimal management supervision and puts emphasis on being a self starter.

My coworkers are easy to get along with. We dont really see a lot of eachother throughout the evening.

The hardest part of the job is being short staffed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing what you can accomplish as a team, even when you're short staffed. – less
Great Experience
Cashier, Photographer, Photographer assistant (Current Employee), BrandonDecember 14, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks.
Cons: unhappy customers
Taking photos for customers, editing the photos, going through the photos of the customer with the customer (all in the same day), taking passport (etc) photos (printing them,cutting them, then stamping them), ringing in the customers order from their session (or passport photo etc.), finding customers orders when they are there in the photo studio – more... to pick them up. Making calls to customers to remind them that their session is tomorrow (etc) or if they can change their session, answering the phone and talking with the customer to see what they may want or need.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that it's something that I like doing for people, and that is taking photos. – less
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), BramptonDecember 13, 2014
Great management to work along side, very friendly and always their for you. Help teach a lot about the retail industry on the sales floor and in the backroom
Positive atmosphere!
Front end Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2014
Pros: everyones on the same page.
Cons: csm managers are lazy.
Let me just tell you I'm not the average young adult giving another review, I always want whats best. I couldn't speak more highly of Wal-Mart, absolutely care taking.
Wal-Mart is like the odd smart cool kid in class everyone wants to be but nobody wants to admit it.

Fantastic Management
Great place to learn new things.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONDecember 11, 2014
Pros: got to work
Cons: not enough hours
I worked on the floor stocking shelves, I learned about time maeagement and how to correctly stock things on shelves. The management was very well and they delt with the employees fairly.
Buy the stock and not the job
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2014
Pros: fortune 500 company
Cons: regular reorganizations and low wages.
While it is beneficial to work for the largest retailer in the world there is a constant air of tension as reorganizations constantly take place, time is monitored close and they are an extremely frugal company. I would suggest buying their stock instead of applying to work for them.
Productive enjoyable workplace
Customer Service/Cash associate (Current Employee), Pickering ONDecember 11, 2014
Working at customer service always keeps me guessing. The management team is helpful and listens intently. The constant business keeps me focused and makes the time fly. I enjoy working in a high stress environment, making Walmart customer service the perfect position for me. I have learned how to bite my tongue when dealing with customers, and I have – more... also learned how to provide customers with the answers and solutions customers are looking for while still abiding by the store policy. The hardest part of the job is keeping calm when customers are particularly rude and abusive. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people on a day to day basis. – less
Walmart and working as a customer service deli associate
Deli associate and stocker (Former Employee), surrey, bcDecember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, safe and reputable company, good safety practices and buisness ethics
Cons: long hours, longer travel time, communication problems with management, shortage of staff
Working for Walmart gave me a inside view of how things are run in a larger company which is known world wide. They have many perks for working at Walmart. A uniform is provided, so you look professional every time, and no matter what a smile on everyones face. In time you get to really form a bond with co-workers and most of them are honest, hardworking – more... individuals with good work ethics. I was hired part time, and acquired more hours by filling in for other workers shift when they called in sick, or were unable to come in. Cleanliness is one of the biggest models Walmart follows in the deli department, since there is a handling of meats, and hot foods it is something that is extremely important, as contamination can happen quite frequently. Each month there was monthly courses that educated employees on work safety, whimis, and other safety materials or information from walmart. The hardest part of the job was when I approached management for a work schedule change, I was denied it as they wanted employees who work morning to night shifts, a example of this would be I would be given a night shift up to 11pm and expected to come back in the next day at 7 am. It didnt allow me to rest properly, and therefore because of this my health had declined to the point I had to take a leave. There is not a good family to work balance and at one point when I asked for more work it was denied aswell. Benefits dont really go into affect until you work over one year within in the company, and there are alot of changes that come because of frequent changes in management and employees who leave because of this. There is also no room to advance in the company as management is usually picked on credentials and not what is accrued within the company, which I feel is not fair. I also once had to manage a whole deli department alone, when in the policy it said there is suppose to be 2 people minimum, I was basically told to manage it best way I can, there was a big communication problem with management and co workers, and coworkers not showing up to work at all. It worked in my advantage because it showed I can work on my own even though the workload was quite heavy. – less
lots of room for advancement and growth
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Regina, SKDecember 9, 2014
cashier is never the same thing twice, always adapting and learning new things.
productive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job is the experience that i acquire from my job.
Always changing
Connection Centre Associate & Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2014
Management is always changing, typical 6-8 work hours. Fast-paced.
good productive place to work at
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 8, 2014
Pros: half hour lunch
Cons: good hours
when you work in the kitchen you have a lot of work to do, prep food and clean the kitchen, I love the staff team
Productive and fun place
Department Manager (Current Employee), red deerDecember 7, 2014
everyone is great! just looking for a little bit of change. Its a great place. everyone is welcoming and it is a lot of fun. have made some life long friends. Always room to advance and a variety of different areas. Lots of training and is very fast paced. the management is really good and they work with every ones flexible lives
Fast pace work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Cobourg, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: if you get a break.
Cons: always said yes to cover shifts, my fault!
Walmart is always busy. I scanned the fastest so i was always on busiest lane. I enjoyed the people. It taught me to look at the human aspect of life in a poor economy.

Walmart has issues with staff turnover. Very poor staff moral. Not a happy environment. I got along well with my co-workers and have made friends.

Currently working in Deli, very difficult – more... because of staff shortage. Strict policies must be followed to ensure quality product.

I most enjoy the customers. – less
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pickering,ontarioDecember 5, 2014
stocking shelves, having produced ready and displayed for customers.
i learned good time management, managers friendly and and easy to talk too.
loved and miss my co-workers
the hardest part of the job was working nights.
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people,interacting with customers and tending to their needs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more