Walmart

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Alright
Maintenance/Stocker (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 29, 2015
All in all it was a learning experience.
The most enjoyable part of working at Walmart would be working with others & meeting new people.
a typical day at work for me consist of handling customers orders, as well as assist customers using the photo kiosk
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Cons: not enough hours and too far for travelling
a typical day at work for me consist of handling customers orders, cleaning, answering questions and interacting with customer as well as assist customers using the photo kiosk. i have learned from my experience that the customer comes first and that you should always approach a customer to see if they need help as not everyone is comfortable asking for help. my co-workers are extremely friendly and very caring, they are dedicated and hard working. the hardest part of the job i would say is trying to get the machines up as quick as possible as to not inconvenience the customers. the easiest part of my job is interacting with customers as its always a joy to see the smile on their faces after being given excellent service
Fun envirornment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee), Port Moody, BCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: everyone was nice
Cons: working overnight
Worked night shift as a cashier over the holidays. My coworkers were always fun and friendly which made it a good environment to work in.
Store Set / Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Quesnel, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Good place to work, good people to work with and for! Good benefits after a year of employment! Hardest part of job is grave yard shift!
Poor place to work.
Deli Stocker (Current Employee), GoderichJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: proper breaks
Cons: lack of staff
Lack of staff, managers always seem to hate their jobs. All of the workers are just counting down the minutes until they go on break or go home.
Rude People, low pay
In-Stock (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: paid 15s
Cons: co-workers, customers, pay, benefits, non-paid lunch
I work in stock, which is a warehouse style position, you're payed as much as the door greater and everyone else. 11.55$/h due to evening bonus.
No one at Walmart works full time, little to no room for advancement.
Paid 15min breaks, unpaid hour lunch. Free coffee bring your own cup.
10% discount, no health care, discounts at some partnered stores[things you can't afford anyways]
You have to buy your own steel toes etc
Worked alone. Fairly boring
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary AbJanuary 26, 2015
I would clock in at 10am, take a break from 2 until 3 and resume working until 7:30. Most days I was alone all day. During this time I took passport photos and family photos. I would also advertise for photo shoots. When I was not busy at the store I would go around Walmart and ask costumers if they would like to come in for a photo shoot.
I enjoyed the people that i worked with.
Supercenter Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), fort saskatchewan albertaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: working with people i became friends with
Cons: constantly under staffed
- during a typical day you are over worked due to high number of customers and low number of staff
- I learnt how to effectively manage my time
- most of the managers there treat you with respect but they have high expectations and little understanding of staffing shortages
- I loved the people that i worked with
- the hardest part of the job was the constantly being under staffed and having to try and make up for the lack of people
- my co-workers were the best part of the job
fast paced and enjoyable
Overnight crew (Former Employee), Fresh and frozenJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: coworkers, constant activity
Cons: overnight hours
Retrieved skids of products with power jack, stocked shelves, led and assisted coworkers, cleaned up. Dealt with multiple types of personalities, Learning how to use different pieces of equiptment, organizing. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay warm in freezers and coolers. The best part was the people I worked with and customers.
Not the greatest
Department Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything
I worked here for 3 years. I have made some great friends, and that's about all I can say that was good about the place and enjoyable. For the amount of work some of us have to do and the little amount of money we were paid is garbage. The discount is even worse. The fact that this company makes billions of dollars and does not care about their employees is disgusting. Most of the management has let it gone to their head that they are management - you work at Walmart, so take it easy!
Busy weekends and nights but generally a 5/10
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), VAUGHAN , ONJanuary 25, 2015
OK PLACE TO WORK. NO ROOM TO ADVANCE AND HOURS REGULARLY CUT SHORT.
Knowledgeable Staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: nothing
A Typical Day: Get ready for the work day by washing hands, going to your cash register, Make sure the appropriate amount of money was there, and help customers the rest of the day. If closing... making sure the Appropriate amount of money was there.

I learned some Customer Service Responsibilities.
Productive and Hardwork
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: too far
A great learning experience. Was kinda far, but they gave 3 breaks and got paid extra working overnight.
Fast paced evnironment where only the strong survie or stay on
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: job stability! oppourtunity for growth
Cons: long hours.
Amazing organization with room for all to grow and earn more wages. As an associates or leader you have opportunities to grow with this company as long as you willing to work long hours and do what is needed to engage your team and drive profitable sales.
strong company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 24, 2015
great for anyone looking for a secure job with flexible hours
Safe work place bad work enviroment one year under the table term bad pay nice people to work with.
Shipper/receiver (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: made money. made a couple friends.
Cons: bad money bad boss bad options to move forward.
My typical day consisted of getting up at 5:30-6:00 in the morning everyday besides weekends. Getting in a truck with no heater to drive for a half hour to an hour to get to the job sites that we undertook. Witch were usually houses. In very cold weather we would put up insulation in all the house that we were assigned. I worked for a full year for the same person never received and pay increase or any promotion what so ever.
Bad management values and beliefs
Department Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: health and dental benefits
Cons: unstable unpredictable
You'd think it was a great place to work but walmart has changed. When I was there in 2005 I loved it. Now it's all about reducing costs and treating employees poorly. I tried my best to stay loyal but their policy contradictions always get under your skin. One day you're a great employee, the next day they are writing up 10 employees for a minor mistake (which stops you from getting promoted). I've seen dedicated employees there for 14 years and get fired over a small mistake.

Good short term, bad long term.
Working at Walmart
Cashier (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: very good to let you know you've done a good job.
Cons: having to ask about the walmart mastercard.
The most enjoyable part about the job is that I get to meet and talk with people, maybe even make their day. I also get to see people I know that I don't usually run into often. Management is very quick to let you know when you've done a good job and when you've made a mistake, they talk you in a respectable tone and show you what should have been done instead.
Fun workplace but stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Scarborough ONJanuary 23, 2015
It's a fun environment to work in except for the time when there is a shortage of staff and long line ups. Great for a part time job. Co-workers are fun to work around and you get to meet some really great customers and at the same time some really rude ones which is pretty common in a retail environment.
team oriented
Accounting Office Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: distance from home to work and terrible bus service
i was trained for one month before going to do a setup at the new store.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more