Walmart

Walmart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not bad
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 20, 2014
usually I would bring in carts, carry heavy objects and change garbages.
Good benefits, good location, community oriented.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 18, 2014
Cons: working all overnight shifts, working when short staffed, low pay scale.
Safe frienly environment in which to work. I worked overnight maintenance. Worked well with the managers and my co-workers. Good benefits and vacation time. The pay scale was low with very little advance in pay.
Productive and exciting place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), North Battleford, SKJuly 17, 2014
Pros: staff lunches(subs, pizza and steak) for non-accident days
Cons: right now-all the construction happening because of the supercentre addition
a typical day at Walmart is fast paced, exciting and goes really fast
What I have learned working there is how to be a team player
The management is very fair, giving you the days off that you need.
The co-workers there are very helpful and give you tips on how to get through orders in a quick and easy manner.
The hardest part of the job is the up to – more... 13-people lineups
The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendliness of the workers – less
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 17, 2014
Nice company, nice people. One of the best parts of the job was my co-workers.
Wal-Mart
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red DeerJuly 17, 2014
Learned lots from managers and co-workers, great people to work with.
People are nice that I work with
Customer Service Associate/ Courtesy Desk (Current Employee), Carbonear, NLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: friends, free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
most enjoyable dealing with the customers, moving up into different departments in only a few months
good working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work is cashing customers out. I learned how to use my communication skills my managers were okay there were some coworkers that got on my nerve but work comes before anything and my enjoyable times were the compliments from the customers. CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!
co-op job
Co-op Student (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 15, 2014
it was just a co-op job that was it, didn't work there after! i would like to work there, but it was too much work for me when i was in high school to take on, the people who worked there before with me weren't so good
my personal review
Assistant Manager, Front End Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: enjoying what i do and having a positive additude
Cons: sometimes missing out on family time
open store have a meeting in morning with all employees on days to give the goals for the day and review with night crew all new product and any store changes , what we learned on a daily basices we share with staff to keep them always in the loop of things going on working as a front end manager you are on floor with your people and coaching and improving – more... there skills daily , work with so many wonderful people , every day was enjoyable you have all different people and every day is a adventure – less
Fun people to work with, but a bit stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great people, and fairly easy work (most of the time)
Cons: frustrating customers, and overly demanding managers
The job is not a difficult one, but some of the customers you have to deal with are amazingly frustrating. As well the Managers sometimes expect for you to do more than is physically possible, such as look after the entire back corner of the store by your self, helping customers, and run a cash register. but the people I work with there make it a fun – more... experience. – less
live close by
Cashier / cosmetics / assistant (Former Employee), north edmontonJuly 15, 2014
realy interested in working with rexall, have lots of experience and just love seeing people
busy
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
customer service very busy. learned alot from various departments.people are very nice
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Timmins, ONJuly 14, 2014
assist customers with daily needs and concerns.count and manage cash and debit transactions
Good experience
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the company gives bonuses
Cons: not enough hours
No day at work is the same, with customer service each customer brings a new experience. I've learned that customers come first because they play a major role in the success of a company. The managers and co-workers are very approachable, and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being friendly and getting to know my customers.
Employees are great - Management on the otherhand...
Part-time sales associate and unloader (Current Employee), Orangeville, ONJuly 14, 2014
I love most the people I work with. However, working as a 2nd shift instock, we're severely underpaid considering how much more work we do than the floor staff. Our store manager isn't approachable in any form and treats the store as a profit rather than a family like the previous store manager.
Good Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), West Kelowna, BCJuly 13, 2014
I enjoyed working a walmart and meeting different kinds of people. I improved my customer service skills. Management was excellent and helped me in anyway they could. Co-workers were great!
Productive place to work, very friendly workers
Shoe Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2014
Pros: 10% discount on products
Cons: no accommodation for hockey schedule
A typical day consisted of stocking the products and cleaning up the floor and shelves making it presentable then assisting customers and also cleaning up through out the day. Also responding to till calls and directing people to different products.

I learned many things about shoes and zoning, pricing items, how to interact with many customers, responding – more... to till calls, directing people to items and making searches for items that customers want.

The management was good for the most part, my reason for leaving was because my manager wouldn't accommodate my hockey schedule although I gave it to them in 1 months advance.

The co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with, everyone got along well without any issues.

The hardest part about my job was dealing with multiple customers at once, especially on holidays when they would all come in bunches.

The most enjoyable part of my job was giving the customers what they asked for and having them leave with what they came for. – less
A great place to grow!
Produce/Cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJuly 12, 2014
Pros: a great team and i was able to work near my husband
Cons: there were challenges, but only those that caused me to grow
Great team minded environment where I enjoyed interaction with diverse people. Learned new customer service skills and strategies for serving customers. I learned efficient cashier operation skills and became comfortable working at a fast pace. I really appreciated the training opportunity Walmart provided.
Close to home and enjoyable workplace
Freight and stock associate (Former Employee), Quesnel,BCJuly 11, 2014
Unload freight trucks and sort freight and distribute to specific departments, and do inventory.

Learned how to manage inventory and stay on a time schedule.
fun work place
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), toronto onJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: miss communication
not organized with the rules and management instructions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Walmart Canada is the Canadian unit of Wal-Mart and was founded in 1994 in Mississauga, Ontario with the purchase of the Canadian – Read more