Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,398 reviews matching the search
Good place to work but not enough hours
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB7 December 2016
cold on some days
learned to always keep a good pace
management is good
co-workers are good for the most part
hardest part would be would be working in the conditions like hot,cold weather
Pros
good amount of breaks
Cons
not enough hours
decent job sometimes but alot of things rong with the place
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON7 December 2016
a typical day at work is going in at 5 am. cleaning and stocking the fruit before the store opens and everyday we were assigned different tasks on the daily planner. i learned how to work under a lot of stress working there. the management i wasn't to fond of . quite selfish sometimes. my co workers were the best part of working there. hardest part of the job is just you got to lift all shift long witch still wasn't that hard for me. the best part of the job was working with people i loved working with .
Pros
discount card
Cons
poorly paid for the amont of work you do
fun
Wal-Mart Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
very educational place to word, friendly environment discounts are great. great business hours great bonus great clothes and shoes great food great cashiers.great customer service
it was a great experience getting to bond with customers and other workers and to get a 10% discount on items that you buy
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB7 December 2016
you get a 10% discount card for items you buy

some of the managers their are really nice

you usually get stuff for a cheaper price than what it normally is when they have auctions to bid on the stuff
Pros
octions to get stuff for sale for cheaper than it normally is
Cons
if you are working alone some managers expect you to get everything done in one day
I love hard working with others very respectfull
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
Hard working respectfully of others standing long hours can wor as a team with ability following the instructions and quack learner I was working day and night
enjoyed many smiles
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC6 December 2016
one day at work went one of two ways. Like a breeze, or it dragged on. everyone in the workplace had smilies on and everyone joked around with everyone. the hardest part of the day was keeping the customers happy. the most enjoyable was having coworks that were enjoyable
Pros
discount card after 3 months
Cons
schedualed alot
workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON6 December 2016
Walmart was a great place to work if the managers did their jobs properly. It is a wonderful work environment and the other staff are amazing.
Not my favourite place to work
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2016
I feel like at Walmart no matter how much you do you are never appreciated. They over work you for the most minimum pay, not really a chance to forward your career here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC5 December 2016
A typical day at work is busy but fun your co-workers are fun people and they are a family, they work like a team management is awesome people and willing to help
i was a jack of all trades there
Store Standards (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 December 2016
most of the day i had to push cart manually cause the "cart pusher" broke down month before i started, i have noticed i was not built for working outside at that time so they ended up training me for cashier, but they always needed carts so i didn't do it often.

it was hard to understand some co-workers due to there accent.

Management did there job but i didn't see them alot

the hardest part was pushing carts up hill in the summer.

i enjoyed working as a cashier mostly due to me not being outside.
Pros
10% off card in wallmart
Cons
low pay
Great atmosphere.
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia5 December 2016
Everyone was so friendly there. My day at work was ordinary, helped customers as needed, fun in the lunchroom. I learned a lot on safety and how to deal with certain customers. Management was great, they helped when needed and complied to most of my requests. This job, there really isn't anything hard about it, learning new things probably. The friendly faces is was made my day great everyday.
Pros
They would have free food sometimes in the lunchroom.
Cons
Minimum wage, few hours.
Overall a good work place.
Strathroy - Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON5 December 2016
It was a really nice place to work with good workers and good customers. They really took the time to make sure their employees were okay and they really care about the well being of everyone that comes in their store. The training was fairly good and if you needed help you could always ask, no one would treat you like you're stupid.
Pros
lots of hours, flexible
Cons
time off notice 4 weeks in advance
Good workplace and friendly associates. Store standards position gave me alot of responsibilities and always had a job to do.
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB4 December 2016
Wal-mart was a good job i enjoyed the work and the people along with it. I was always busy from my regular duties or from another employee in need. I had many responsibilities from my main duties collecting carts and relocating them inside, to maintaining the cleanliness of the store. Other responsibilities would require me to help another associate in his or her department if needed.
Pros
Always busy. Had great people to work with
Cons
Not enough hours. No benefits.
Day in the life
Grocery Home Shopping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
- Pick and process customer grocery orders made online and send assigned company trucks out to other locations to scheduled meet delivery times
-Some things I've learned in this role is different aspects of the business such as the logistics and I.T
-The management team is fair and easy to work with and we have a solid working relationship
-great group of co-workers to work alongside
- The most challenging part of the job would be the early start time (5am) but it is necessary to meet the needs of the business
- The most enjoyable would be the people I work with as they are excellent individuals who I have exchanged ideas with and learned new things from
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Early start time
not very good
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB2 December 2016
management is unfair. often do not get paid for work, and to get the money costs 30% of the missed pay. Condescending management.
Pros
Employment
Cons
everything else
Paid well
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2016
Paid well, work hard and there are a lot of rewards. If you wish to advance in store, district and company skies the limit. Very busy and demanding on your life and work life balance.
Pros
Paid very well at managment level
Cons
work life balance
It is a fun job.
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2016
A very regular daily routine, and always something to do. Strong focus on productivity and minimum expectations. I don't really have much else to say about it. but this review required that I keep writing more here.
Day at Walmart
Produce Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2016
I worked in the produce department at Walmart and I enjoyed it. I would start the day by first going to the lounge and saying hi to my coworkers and managers. Then you go to the department and pretty much stock the fruits and vegetables and assist customers with whatever they needed. You also had to keep it clean and take out the garbage and a variety of other chores. Overall it was fun when you and your coworkers are joking around and are getting everything done. It was not to straining on your body and the managers and supervisors treated you kindly. In an 8 hour shift we got two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch.
Pros
Lively environment, good coworkers/managers, good work pace.
Cons
Unpaid lunch, occasional salty customers.
Great store to work at. Management is great to work with.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON1 December 2016
At Walmart a typical day is getting right to work on the floor Walking through fashion what needs to be done such as making sure things are organized and presentable for the customers. Helping customers with their questions and concerns is a huge part of the job. Its important that they have they are helped and that they have a good shopping experience!
Pros
Having Christmas Lunch
Cons
Not enough staff. We need more people. The staff are spread too thin.
Worst job ever
Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 December 2016
One of the worst jobs. Management has no respect for others and strong favorites among co workers makes moving up impossible. Over worked and treated poorly by managers on shift. Move of upper management do not provide proper equipment to complete tasks such as pump jacks and telzon guns in working order