Walmart Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC17 October 2017
Walmart was a
Very good place to work. The managers were very friendly and understanding and so were the other co-workers. Not much room for advancement. I found the pay could have been better for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Amazing management.
Cons
No room for advancement
Needs to have more positive management
Administrative manager/Compliance manager (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB16 October 2017
Working with the associates gave me great pleasure but some of the management team made the job harder. There needs to be a more positive focus from management when dealing with the associates in the store I was located in. Walmart as a company has great benifits and does a lot for the communities they are located in.
Pros
Associates
Cons
Negativity
fun co-workers
Pharmacy Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 October 2017
Working for Walmart was just another part-time experience. My hours were steady and the wage was minimum. Most of the staff were nice. management needs work.
Its.....Walmart. What else can i say?
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT15 October 2017
Its Walmart. What else can I say? Politics, gossip, good stores, bad stores, good management, bad management. The right people can make the difference, I find that Walmart attracts a lot of the wrong people.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia15 October 2017
Developing a business plan that suits your purposes means tailoring a subject to your audience. Sometimes that can mean eliminating a section that isn’t applicable to your current project. If you’re writing this chapter for an internal business plan, you could approach writing a company overview as a status update on the company. How did you get to where you are today? Who is currently in
good
good
Fun workplace with great co workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 October 2017
Walmart lacks proper organizational skills in some areas because of how big the company is. There is a lack of communication between higher management, lower management, and employees. Rules are not followed by all employees because management does not properly enforce them. Overall there is always room for advancement and they allow you to have a fun day at work. Booking time off is a struggle. You can request a day off a month in advance and still not get it off, so always double check with personel office.
Pros
Dress down days for donations, break every 2 hours
Cons
Time off requests are not followed through, calling in.. you have to go online and fill something out
It was good work i kept busy and had grest hours and pay
cashier (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL14 October 2017
It was a good first job I kept busy had good hours and pay everyone was friendly and nice and nice to work with and the managers were understanding and easy to get along with.
Pros
Paid breaks
N/a
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Walmart and the environment and experience it provided.
I was fortunate to be recognized for my skill level and work ethics and was able to move up within a number of months. I really appreciated working there.
Got to socialize and meet people .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON13 October 2017
Was a decent job, was really straight forward so it did get pretty boring but when it was busy it was great! i worked cash so i got to talk to all sorts of people.
Very organized and well-structured environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2017
Being a Walmart associate is by far one of the best experiences. The company provides a lot of benefits and encourages every associate to work with full satisfaction.

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
Productive, good friendly staff, great hours
OverNight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL13 October 2017
Didn't mind working for Walmart at all, if it wasn't for night shift bein such a toll on my body I would easily still be working there now, loved working there.
Pros
friendly staff, long breaks
Cons
understaffed, heavy workload
Work Day
Front End Manager/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 October 2017
I have enjoyed and learnt a lot working at Walmart. I went from being a Cashier to a Customer Service Manager. I am known to be out going. I also know when a job or commitment needs to be completed.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Not Enough Pay
Friendly environment, great associates and great management
Second Shift In-Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 October 2017
As a in-stock associate I would restock throughout the store as well as maintain a clean backroom for safety. Management was great and understanding. I learned a lot about customer service and organization from this position. The workplace culture was large in variety and very welcoming to not only the customers but to the associates. The hardest part of working as an in-stock associate was trying to stock everything by the end of the day as there was usually a lot to stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was able to speak with customers every shift as well as work with very reliable associates to help complete tasks.
Pros
flexible lunches and a non pressured environment
awesome place
Dairy/Freezer Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB12 October 2017
i like walmart alot cause they are really flexible with scedules and lovely people to with made a lot of friends there. i like working there cause the pay was good
Pros
great place
Cons
nothing
Terrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2017
I never once enjoyed working for walmart. The pay was Terrible and the management was a joke. The store was always filthy and unorganized. They were always so understaffed that as a cashier, I was also working in many other departments that I knew nothing about.
good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 October 2017
this was an okay job to have for your first job & you learn quite a bit
the hours are bad and they are not flxible
management isnt great either ......
flexible job with opportunities to grow
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 October 2017
It was nice encountering different personalities daily. They are very flexible with there shifts as I would always work around my school hours. Walmart family is very welcoming .
Very nice experience!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 October 2017
Wal-Mart was my second job I enjoyed working with different kind of people serving customers and gaining more and more experience everyday at work. I didn't find anything hard working there and I enjoyed every moment of it!
over night stock
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 October 2017
worked over night putting stock out and made new friends learned a lot had some fun there miss working with my friends . good place to work sure do miss it there.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 October 2017
The management is trash and it seems like none of them graduated high school because they're all literally so stupid. I would not recommend working for Walmart in London ONT, especially not Argyle Walmart because it will make you hate your life. Your coworkers are perfect and so sweet, the only thing wrong with the place is the management because they are literally the most incompetent people I have ever met. They don't know how to run a business and they sit around all day in the connected McDonald's. Even customers notice that they're always in there, like you ain't slick, just do your job like you've been hired to do.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.