Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Learning something new everyday
Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 5, 2016
if you're willing to learn something new everyday Wal mart is a good place to be. But don't seek to move forward in company which promotes seniority.
Machoism, arrogance, unsupportive
Overnight Stock/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMay 4, 2016
Pros: Competitive Wages
Cons: Rude employees, poor management, excessive untrained and unsupportive tasks
Employees acted unjustifiably arrogant and superior to newcomers, management drops the ball on training, employees are rude to new employees who are attempting to learn processes, assigned overwhelming work early on while my experienced individuals worked inefficiently. Culture developed by employees and not monitored by management is full of machoism and and unsupportive qualities.
Just not a good place to work
Overnights stocker (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMay 4, 2016
Pros: Friends
Cons: Managment
Working at walmart was never a good job it destroys your own emotions you become very upset. Managers don't care. Only good thing there was your coworkers. You received a discount of 10% which didn't even cover taxes.
Fast paced but enjoyable work atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 4, 2016
In my time working at Walmart I learned many strategies in memorization skills, and how to move at a fast pace when the job requires it. My co-workers were wonderful to be around and brought such an enjoyable atmosphere to work.
The most enjoyable of the job would have had to been conversing with the customers that came and having conversations with them as I did my work.
Walmart Canada
Garden Center Associate (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONMay 4, 2016
I feel like walmart did not really care and realize I was a person and more just cared about the work I did. I feel like if the managers and higher ups were more involved with the workers the environment would be great.
Great pleace to learn the basics
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 3, 2016
Pros: Employee discount program
Cons: less hours per week
Great retail environment to learn about different work environment. I gained lots of experience by working with diverse group of people.
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 3, 2016
A good working environment where everyone is treated respectfully. A typical day includes conducting customers transactions and providing them with customer service and any assistance they need.
Productive and fun
Amazing Management
Great customers
Incredibly Supportive Team
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 3, 2016
Management is wonderful; always willing to help you be successful in your daily endeavors, whether it is to advance in the company of Walmart or balance school and full-time hours.
It was only a job, not a career
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Vegreville, ABMay 3, 2016
One of the few places hiring during the time I was looking for a job. No love for managers except for my department manager.
Great place to invest time working with
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Courtney Drive West, Mississauga, Onatario, CanadaMay 3, 2016
Pros: Safe, supportive and great wage
Safe place to work with, great working environment especially co-workers with very supportive staff and above entry level minimum wage. How I wish I can work with their store here in Peterborough, Ontario.
Worst place i've worked in quite some time.
Instock Associate (Current Employee), Stettler, ABMay 3, 2016
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: everything else
They say that the company cares about the employee, and will do what they can for them, this can't be more un-true. Since starting at store 1034 i was promised full-time ect only to be told 5 months later that i'm part-time and am not aloud to work 5 days a week, so that being said i've only been scheduled 3 days a week which makes it so i can't pay rent or my important bills. So if you plan on working at Walmart be sure you go through everything more than once to be sure you're not screwed over like i was along with more than a few other associates that i work with.
Culture Friendly but poor management
Sales Associate (Furniture), Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Come in and to a walk around to do the mandatory clean-up upon arrival. Help customers when they need a hand with an item they want or in need of a carryout
Bad
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 2, 2016
Hated it it was garbage they couldnt accomodate me always changing my hours it was awful what else can i say its walmart...
great environment
Inventory Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Inventory receiving and review of packaging slips to ensure all inventory was received accurately
Operating power material handling equipment to move loads as necessary
Stocking inventory to shelves for customer displays
Organizing stock in the backroom for future requirements
Friendly co-workers
Limited staff and training
Department Manager (Current Employee), CanadaMay 1, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Hours, compensation, Work conditions
Understaffed stores where existing staff is expected to maintain and advance store abilities.

Management communications with staff is limited based on individual managers focus requirements.

Unfortunately it is a typical retail experience in Canada
Exciting workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Challenging and exciting. Work day goes by very fast.
Cons: Can be stressful at times.
Walmart challenges an employee to be productive and develop useful interpersonal skills needed not only on the job, but in all aspects of life. There is seldom a dull moment working for this company.
Wonderful place to work
Sales floor associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 1, 2016
Pros: We do BBQs
Cons: Not the flexible with availability
I truly enjoyed working at Walmart.
I worked in the Auto motive department.
I was always learning new thing everyday.
Only company I know of that gives there employees a discount. And you get profit shares. Great group of people to work with and learn from.
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee), Barrhaven, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Working with Other people.
Cons: Traffic jams
At Walmart pushing carts cleaning washrooms was not my specialty I wanted to move up but it was turned down all the time. I preferred to work as a merchandiser since I had more experience.
Super Experience
Super Center IT Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
Its been great working here,with great work environment and supportive team.I have learned a lot here with work and had great experience working here
Headquarters