Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,847 reviews matching the search
nice place to work
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 24, 2016
good place to work, benefits after 6 weeks. responsibilities include: record manage stock of cleaning chems, maintain equipment,delegate maintenance team, clean floors. The best part about the job is the co-workers, because at night people just let loose. At this job we were like a big family, i would do my job along with do anything that my coworker needed of me.
benefits
Cons
high stress
Walmart was an ok place to work at.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 24, 2016
The pay at Walmart was decent and had good yearly rewards. Also there were 3 breaks for a regular 8 hour shift, that helped many days.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
less hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaJune 24, 2016
Positive company that provides good associates and customers merchandise at lower cost.
Good opportunities for associates.
Respect, Customer Service, and Strive for Excellence are the three basic beliefs that apply to all areas of the company.
friends
Backroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 24, 2016
same respect between the employee but not that much withe the management. what i have learn with this company is time management. the hardest part is when the store management delegate work to department managers, and all department managers will come you and asked for help
Pros
friends
Cons
management
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Surrey, BCJune 24, 2016
Busy and exciting place to work. You deal with the craziest people but it teaches you a lot about customer service and patience.
Repetitive but fun
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 23, 2016
Walmart was a good first work experience for me. My co-workers were great, and i learned a lot about customer service. The only major issue I had was that my chest collapsed when I was on cash, and i asked the manager to call me a taxi to the hospital. and I was told that i looked fine and i was exaggerating. but as it happens, when i got to the hospital, my lung was 20% collapsed. I had to take a lot of time off work and it sucked. but otherwise Walmart was a great job and i had a lot of fun and made some great friends.
Pros
1 hour lunch/dinner.
Cons
Short hours. had to work weekends
Why do people work here?
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 23, 2016
With such low pay, low morale, and lack of management support, I'm not sure why people work for this company anymore. They will soon find they're going to be out of workers and will be forced to pay them more and treat them better.
good
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 23, 2016
The experience working at Walmart has its ups and down. The people are also add a roller coaster effect to your work experience.
Overall not a good place at all
cashier (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSJune 23, 2016
I learned basic training from other associates while the managers basically threw me to the sharks, most associates are very nice but there is definite favoritism in the building without a doubt. The hardest part of the job was showing up every day without crying, managers treat people very poorly unless you suck up to them.
Pros
McDonalds is in the same building
Cons
Literally everything else
Constructive and Useful experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QCJune 23, 2016
Working with a lot of people in my charge, I learn to be more comprehensive with each one. Trying to understand there point of view and why they act this way in some particular situation.
Be more open about other perspective than just mine.
For me that the most enjoyable part of my job was with a lot of employee in a big store like Wal-Mart, I really got the competences of how to treat some kind of situation at different moment with a diversity of personality and culture.
Pros
The managers were kind and invest in there workplace.
Cons
Not all the employee work equally.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NLJune 23, 2016
Typical day at work included making decisions on my own, quick and proficient decisions. I have learned a lot threw working at the front desk, my co workers were awesome, easy to get along with, of course everywhere has good and bad. I don't know what the hardest part of the job would be here. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and seeing different faces
A great place to work at!
Replenishment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2016
5 Stars! Lots of learning opportunities, a great culture and a fantastic environment. Opportunities to grow to Management level are limited.
Pros
Great Culture, Great People!
Cons
Growing may take time.
Rewarding and happy experience working with staffs and customers
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
I clock in and go to the floor, tidy my workplace and start serving customers by checking out the wares, answer telephone, send western union and generally help subordinates and customers. Hardest part is when a customer gets really angry about service or not finding the products.
Pros
An hr lunch and coffee breaks
Cons
not enough hrs
Demanding schedule for little compensation
TLE Technician (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 22, 2016
Work is physically demanding (heavy lifting, bending, stretching, reaching, etc) but perpetual under-staffing combined with a loophole in the labor laws means you could end up working up to ten days in a row without a break.
Pros
1 hour for lunch; working away from customers
Cons
Potentially long work week; lunches are unpaid hours.
Walmart
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 21, 2016
I have work for walmart for 2.5 years now as a cashier, the management at my store is iffy depending on who you talked to.
its a good job to have if you are in school and just want some extra hours of work on the side because it can vary you can go from 28 hours one week to less then 14 the next
My team mates and management made Walmart a fun place to work
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 21, 2016
Each day was different I was assigned different tasks and trained both on the floor and in the back stockroom where I learned many warehouse skills
Okay
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2016
Working at wal mart was okay, nothing really to big or cool about it, it did teach me a few things that are helpful
every walmart is different depends on management
In-Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONJune 21, 2016
Managers are on a mega powertrip! don't know what they are doing most of the time. co-workers were great. write ups for no reason.
So/so
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 21, 2016
While I enjoy working with my coworkers, and I have respect and admiration for the majority of my managers, it is very difficult to feel appreciated when my hours are getting cut and I'm being asked to do more in less time.
Walmart is very flexible with my school schedule, and generally very good about giving me the time off I require for exams and projects.
Brutal Place to Work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 20, 2016
Worked as a Team Leader for Walmart Logistics for 2 years and it was literally the worst 2 years of my life. Everyone is constantly walking on eggshells because they are terrified to be fired. People are constantly underappreciated and underpaid. If you love hating going to work everyday, making fake connections with people, working for a company that cares absolutely nothing about you and learning no new skills whatsoever because education is something they're afraid of; well, this is the place for you. If you otherwise have respect for yourself and enjoy happiness, steer clear. I can't stress enough how bad of a place this is to work; mind you, I am strictly speaking of the Cornwall warehouse based on my experience, but imagine environment is roughly the same throughout the company regardless of location, but Cornwall was a nightmare.
Pros
Literally nothing