Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,403 reviews matching the search
awesome at that time.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK9 December 2016
to work at Walmart was really good. but i got long hours and greed pull me to Fas gas...for long hours and in future company will consider me as retailer....
Pros
free coffee
Cons
regular hours
High Pace, good Co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 December 2016
Back when I worked here, it had it's up and downs, which people would expect at Wal-Mart. Co-workers are your friends there, your crutch, because the customers that come through Wal-Mart aren't all bad. However the bad ones are the loudest and rudest people I've ever met that act like children if they don't have their way.

Management did what they could and tried to utilize the staff a lot, which can end up stretching the staff very thin.

Hours however were also dished out very sparingly, expecting you to try and pick up shifts from co-workers.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
No Hours, Rude Customers
Decent, would recommend to friends.
Food Stocker (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON8 December 2016
The work is exactly what you would expect, often do not have the supplies needed to do our job properly, but the people I work with make up for it.
Pros
Community involvement
Cons
Dealing with the general public
Cashier
Cashier, Door Greeter (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON8 December 2016
As a cashier at Walmart I have strengthened my human relation skills and problem solving skills. I have made several friendships and strengthened teamwork skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the "family unit" inside Walmart.
Pros
You meet a lot of interesting people.
Cons
You deal with the difficult customers but still remain happy.
All depends on your managers
Assistant Manager (ASM) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 December 2016
Had fun in one store, did not like the other at all. All depends on who you are working for, but most stores seem to have people and managers that are unhappy by the sounds of it.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours and Work/life Balance is not existent
Good place to work but not enough hours
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB7 December 2016
cold on some days
learned to always keep a good pace
management is good
co-workers are good for the most part
hardest part would be would be working in the conditions like hot,cold weather
Pros
good amount of breaks
Cons
not enough hours
decent job sometimes but alot of things rong with the place
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON7 December 2016
a typical day at work is going in at 5 am. cleaning and stocking the fruit before the store opens and everyday we were assigned different tasks on the daily planner. i learned how to work under a lot of stress working there. the management i wasn't to fond of . quite selfish sometimes. my co workers were the best part of working there. hardest part of the job is just you got to lift all shift long witch still wasn't that hard for me. the best part of the job was working with people i loved working with .
Pros
discount card
Cons
poorly paid for the amont of work you do
fun
Wal-Mart Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
very educational place to word, friendly environment discounts are great. great business hours great bonus great clothes and shoes great food great cashiers.great customer service
it was a great experience getting to bond with customers and other workers and to get a 10% discount on items that you buy
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB7 December 2016
you get a 10% discount card for items you buy

some of the managers their are really nice

you usually get stuff for a cheaper price than what it normally is when they have auctions to bid on the stuff
Pros
octions to get stuff for sale for cheaper than it normally is
Cons
if you are working alone some managers expect you to get everything done in one day
I love hard working with others very respectfull
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
Hard working respectfully of others standing long hours can wor as a team with ability following the instructions and quack learner I was working day and night
enjoyed many smiles
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC6 December 2016
one day at work went one of two ways. Like a breeze, or it dragged on. everyone in the workplace had smilies on and everyone joked around with everyone. the hardest part of the day was keeping the customers happy. the most enjoyable was having coworks that were enjoyable
Pros
discount card after 3 months
Cons
schedualed alot
workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON6 December 2016
Walmart was a great place to work if the managers did their jobs properly. It is a wonderful work environment and the other staff are amazing.
Not my favourite place to work
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2016
I feel like at Walmart no matter how much you do you are never appreciated. They over work you for the most minimum pay, not really a chance to forward your career here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC5 December 2016
A typical day at work is busy but fun your co-workers are fun people and they are a family, they work like a team management is awesome people and willing to help
i was a jack of all trades there
Store Standards (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 December 2016
most of the day i had to push cart manually cause the "cart pusher" broke down month before i started, i have noticed i was not built for working outside at that time so they ended up training me for cashier, but they always needed carts so i didn't do it often.

it was hard to understand some co-workers due to there accent.

Management did there job but i didn't see them alot

the hardest part was pushing carts up hill in the summer.

i enjoyed working as a cashier mostly due to me not being outside.
Pros
10% off card in wallmart
Cons
low pay
Great atmosphere.
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia5 December 2016
Everyone was so friendly there. My day at work was ordinary, helped customers as needed, fun in the lunchroom. I learned a lot on safety and how to deal with certain customers. Management was great, they helped when needed and complied to most of my requests. This job, there really isn't anything hard about it, learning new things probably. The friendly faces is was made my day great everyday.
Pros
They would have free food sometimes in the lunchroom.
Cons
Minimum wage, few hours.
Overall a good work place.
Strathroy - Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON5 December 2016
It was a really nice place to work with good workers and good customers. They really took the time to make sure their employees were okay and they really care about the well being of everyone that comes in their store. The training was fairly good and if you needed help you could always ask, no one would treat you like you're stupid.
Pros
lots of hours, flexible
Cons
time off notice 4 weeks in advance
Good workplace and friendly associates. Store standards position gave me alot of responsibilities and always had a job to do.
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB4 December 2016
Wal-mart was a good job i enjoyed the work and the people along with it. I was always busy from my regular duties or from another employee in need. I had many responsibilities from my main duties collecting carts and relocating them inside, to maintaining the cleanliness of the store. Other responsibilities would require me to help another associate in his or her department if needed.
Pros
Always busy. Had great people to work with
Cons
Not enough hours. No benefits.
Day in the life
Grocery Home Shopping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
- Pick and process customer grocery orders made online and send assigned company trucks out to other locations to scheduled meet delivery times
-Some things I've learned in this role is different aspects of the business such as the logistics and I.T
-The management team is fair and easy to work with and we have a solid working relationship
-great group of co-workers to work alongside
- The most challenging part of the job would be the early start time (5am) but it is necessary to meet the needs of the business
- The most enjoyable would be the people I work with as they are excellent individuals who I have exchanged ideas with and learned new things from
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Early start time
not very good
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB2 December 2016
management is unfair. often do not get paid for work, and to get the money costs 30% of the missed pay. Condescending management.
Pros
Employment
Cons
everything else