Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,172 reviews matching the search
walmart
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 29, 2016
was not a friendly place with management but loved my co-workerrs

worked on the cash and on sales floor, helping customers find what they were looking for, loved helping everyone and working my hardest.
Dept manager job
Dept. Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ONSeptember 29, 2016
At Wal-Mart I am responsible for ensuring price changes get done in my deptartments as well as keeping it clean, organized and the shelves full and ready for the customers.
I place orders when needed for when a product is getting low.
Help out when needed on a cash register or any other dept that has freight to be worked.
Great people to work with, fast pace, enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 29, 2016
Everyday brings a vast spectrum of different jobs to do... learning never ends.
I do the jewellery counts,(audit)in the morning followed by paperwork to prepare for modules to be done or stock to be put out.
Displays to be taken down and new ones to be put together.
I have worked at the frontend on Courtesy desk taking back returns and processing exchanges. Taking general calls regarding product, availability and forwarding calls to management.
Keeping work area and customer isle clean from product and insure safe shopping and working environment.
My co-workers are team players, easy to work with or without... we all have our roles and communicate frequently during the day to plan what is to happen next. The same goes for managers, open to suggestions and options on what is to be done as well as giving direction. The companies open door policy allows for open communication on all levels.
Time is the hardest part of the job as I am overly organized and have a vision for what I am doing or plan to do. I also have to step up to cashier when called as the customer follow fluctuates during the day.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the team/working family atmosphere. Everyone pools together for the best possible outcome to all challenges.
It sas fun fast paced and always something to do
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dieppe nbSeptember 29, 2016
Fast paced
Always keep busy
Help customers dont point out were it is show them if you do thay you can easly keep up with what they want. They always have there doors open for associates
friendly fair environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario,September 29, 2016
When I workeked at Walmart. I was very pleased and happy to be an employee. I had to leave due to become a home caregiver to my parents and sister. I would love the opportunity to be a team member at Walmart. Preferably at the Upper James locatjon. I had previously work at the Stoneycreek, Eastgate square location before it moved. I am reliable, flexible, and a team player.

Aldona Tadla
Pros
great company to work for. friendly environment.
Cons
night shifts
Good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABSeptember 29, 2016
A typical day of work at Walmart was just standing at tills all day, and how long you worked determined how many breaks you got. I learned the produce codes there is a lot to remember.
Pros
Co workers were friendly
It was a very demanding position.
Connection Center Associate, Edmonton (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2016
Daily activity changed each day. You never knew what you were doing or were you were stationed for the day. No real direction as you could be in a position and the managers were clueless.
Productive and team player
Customer Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2016
My working at Wal-Mart Calgary was fun and friendly. we had best best team with the best management team.The store sales was the best in the province and yes I would say it productive and fun environmental.
Horrible place to work
Baker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABSeptember 28, 2016
The bakery was an absolute nightmare to work in.highschool bullying attitudes.as well they have a 5 sec rule😷where if ya drop food you have to puck it up and put it back on the tray.the head baler was an absolute nightmare and beyond rude
Pros
Paid 15 min break
Cons
Garbage hrs horrid coworkers
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSSeptember 28, 2016
A fun energetic place to work where you are made to feel like part of the team. In a typical work day I learned how to operate a cash register, how to wait on customers and how to keep my area neat and tidy.
Pros
Employee discount
Good People
Sales Associate and Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBSeptember 28, 2016
You meet great people who become friends with. I hate the hours since they are cheap to give out more hours, instead, they hire more people to give 12 to 14 hours a week which is awful!
Pros
Friends
Cons
Not good hours
workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work ;
Just normal there are dull moments and good moments,
I learned that working in a quick flow to maintain my speed is a challenge.
Management : Micromanaging too much, and rude.
The hardest part of the job was being able to work very hard but get no credit for all the achievements.
The most enjoyable Part of the job was meeting new people, and working with different associates, learning new things and everyday being inspired with knowing differ things about people; How they work, how they react to situations and especially knowing about people likes and dislikes.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Lack of Managment support
Place of Opportunities
Cashier - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 27, 2016
The majority of workdays are fast paced and challenging. But I take each day at Walmart for self-development. Working at Walmart helped me in becoming a better team player. Moreover, it improved my ability to communicate with a variety of people from different background culture. I am highly praised as a good team player and for my abilities to lead with an example in all crunch scenarios at work. We make a strong friendly team at Walmart that can handle stress situations with ease. And interacting with new people each day makes this job more exciting.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Rotating Shifts for Part Timers
An Easy Job With Flexible Hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONSeptember 27, 2016
At Walmart I learned about the Walmart Rewards Mastercards, and their benefits to consumers. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. Being a student with a time consuming schedule, management was diligent in scheduling according to availability. Although at times miscommunications resulted in being scheduled against ones availability, Walmart was quick to comply.
Overall A Good Job
Store Standards (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONSeptember 27, 2016
I worked here for 5 years and this was my first job ever. It helped me be able to have a good life at my age. A typical day at work would have been busy for me. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co workers, because outside of work they are all my friends and we hung out almost everyday. I learned how to be a team player and a role model to all new comers.
got along well with my co workers
Cashier/sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 26, 2016
co workers and my managers were nice everybody,was very respectful towards each other. We all made sure to help each other out when it was needed. Working for Walmart Canada had its ups and its downs, what I mean by that is that at time's you would get customers who were very respectable towards you and than you would have some who were nothing but rude and obnoxious. In customer service you have to know how to deal with both and in a very formal manor.
Good Company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 26, 2016
They are a friendly fast paced company. That treat there employee's with respect. Offer many employee appreciation days. The hardest part of the job is high business days when our workload is tripled. The most enjoyable part of the job when a customer leaves my cash having a better day because of the service that I gave.
Pros
flexible schedules, management is approachable
Cons
fluctuation in hrs that are given in a week
sign in. Go to my department straighten up. Help all customers.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2016
I really enjoyed this position. I was able to help customers and meet new people.
The hardest part of this position was trying to keep it looking together.
I like working with the public and its a great place to work for that.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKSeptember 26, 2016
This is a part-time job for me. I like it because its a fast paced environment and I like to be busy. I have worked in several areas of the store and have learnt a lot of new things. I like working with people and this job gives me opportunity to do that. Currently the hardest part of this job is the lifting of heavy boxes in the freezer and cooler.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Heavy Lifting
Retail
Health & Safety Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Good place to make connections. Management shows no appreciation with no room for growth. worked at the mississauga location and management gives you false hopes of growing with the company but do not actually help you move up.
Pros
co-workers are very helpful
Cons
long work hours, no appreciation, no benefits, no full-time positions offered, no room for growth