Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced, Goal oriented, Growth and development
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto,ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Diversified, Benefits, Goal oriented, Challenging, team players.
Cons: Long hours
Walmart has been a great place to work in. Fast paced, multi-tasking and quick decision making moments were extremely challenging yet rewarding. Have managed to meet sales and targets and enhamce customer service through strong leadership and focusing on company's goals. I have grown and learnt a lot through the experience I gained from Walmart and in the process have come across hundreds of people who have made a great impact on my professional and personal life. Co-workers have been great team players and transparent. Some days would be stressful and long but everyone managed to keep inspiring one another.
A ego environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brampton,ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Some great hard workers
Cons: Management abuse athority
I see everyday ego`s flairing up. My direct supervisor calls fellow employee names in front of others and points the finger. Teasing joking at others because he is the Foreman. I feel this is very negative and when you voice your concerns it comes back at you negatively. Not a fun work environment
Great location to work, Poorly managed
Back Shift (Former Employee), Port Hawkesbury Nova ScotiaMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good crew
Cons: Poor management, Very lacking in communication
Management was split 50/50 with good and bad managers.
Lots of hard working employees dedicated to getting the job each night while on the other hand a few Very hard slackers creating extra work for many different employees
productive fun work place
Maintence Worker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2015
walmart is a great place to work! people are nice and friendly. i would recommend this to anyone who is in a real need of a job and will benefit from healthcare and other opportunities.
not enjoyable
SHELF STOCKER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all aspects of the job
unfriendly environment
low wage
poor benefits package
working here was a learning experience which prompted me to get out of sales/retail
not bad
Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 20, 2015
it is not the best job but it is not the worst either. Walmart offered flexible schedules and the managers were mostly reasonable,
Fun, friendly, hardworking and a learning experience.
team lead and customer service specialist (Former Employee), mississauga ontarioMay 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent staff and hospitality in training and helping.
Cons: None
I learned that working in a team based environment is far more applicable than working alone. My co workers were very nice and friendly and helped me to understand the prospect of my duties. I did not consider my job being hard at all for me to handle. The management was very nice and sincere, strict and assertive as they should be.
Fast-Paced Enviornment
Cashier/ Customer Service Distributer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMay 19, 2015
This company is customer service based and is very fast paced. It would suit someone who enjoys interacting with many different types of people and who are not shy.
wal-mart
Electronics clerk (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 18, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: long hours
Awesome staff and productive place to work great management, also very fun at some points also some what rewarding overall great place to work
terrible
2ndShiftInStockAssociate/CustomerServiceDesk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: hard labor
the managers are terrible and they dont care about the employees at all. the people i worked with were great but management was terrible.
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Sault Ste MarieMay 18, 2015
Pros: Discounts and long lunch
Cons: Management was not always avaliable
Great environment to work in. Co-workers were easy to get along with and management were available sometimes. Worked with customers with their needs on the kiosk and making sure the product got to the customers in proper time.
Walmart Review
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 18, 2015
My position at Walmart was to complete any task that needed to be done around the store. But my primary tasks were to push carts from the lot into the store, move merchandise using a pallet jack, and to scan and process merchandise arriving from trucks. For this job you needed to be hard working, reliable, and safety minded.
Overall great workplace
Support Manager (Former Employee), 130 ave SE CalgaryMay 16, 2015
I enjoyed the interaction with my co-worker and most of my customers.Highly productive retail business with a strong customer focus.
Never again
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2015
i will never work at Wal-Mart again. Although I have met some great peers during my time their, the management does not care for you.
People Person
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2015
Everyday was interesting and it was the customers who made it that way. The times when this job was enjoyable was when I would have fun/entertaining customers. Even just having kind people come through your lane makes the day that much better. The hardest part about this job was dealing with the angry customers. I learned to have patience from my time at Walmart. When a customer was angry, being angry back was never the answer. It would make things worse. Having the support from management makes those situations easier to deal with as well.
Overall great workplace
3rd Shift Instock Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 14, 2015
Great people to work for, great people to work with, room for advancement, flexible hours. Physically demanding but overall a good job.
Job with good benefits
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCMay 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits
I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers and most of my customers. I also enjoyed working with the photo equipment and the opportunity to learn about cameras and photo development.
Fun co-workers and fun place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: Associates
Cons: Organization
What makes Walmart a successful company is its associates, retail is tough place to work at to being with. This particular store has a lot of great well seasoned and professional associates that make it a great place to work at even though there are a lot of challenges from upper managements in regards to providing support at store level. But the store management tries their best to work with what resources they have. the customers are rather tough audience for the most part, can't really please them all specially in this market.
Overall good place to be, wages and benefits are not the greatest but its ok.

Organization
Friendly and well educated staff members
Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 14, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on almost everything in the store
The hardest part of the job is getting customers to sign up for a Walmart Rewards MasterCard.

If you can deal with customers, keep a small area clean and tidy, and follow the basic rules, this job is no problem.
Strong human communications
Photographer (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 14, 2015
Every day was busy. Managing the whole studio alone with too many responsibilities was not that easy. The management was awesome. I learned how to be multi-task. Taking picture of kids was fun and enjoyable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more