Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,507 reviews matching the search
Challenging but fun and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 May 2017
A typical day at work is working behind the cash register processing customer transactions, processing charge accounts, return and exchange merchandise, send and receive money transfers via Western Union, and answer phone calls regarding store products, services and policies.

The hardest part of my job would be handling challenging customers. Best thing about working at Walmart is that there are tons of associates that are able to help answer any questions that i cannot answer on my own. This way I learn new things and learn exactly how to handle situations.

Most enjoyable part of working at Walmart is that I get to engage with (almost always) enjoyable customers and associates. The management always throw spirit weeks and creative ways to donate money to local charities (pie managers in the face, bbqs, chili day, pizza day).

As a current undergraduate student attending University, I am unable to work certain hours and days. Walmart is very flexible with managing my schedule and it is easy to switch last minute schedules with the many associates!
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours, friendly and fun work environment
Cons
Rude customers, busy location
Grocery Associate
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 May 2017
Never asked to over work myself. Always made sure I took all my breaks. Workers were independent in seeing what had to be done. Good shifts were given. Hardest part of the job was 7a.m. shifts but those are expected with any job.
good experience
Part-time Customer Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 May 2017
That was really good experience for the first job in Canada for every immigrant.
But they want you to work only part-time and that wage is not enough for living in Canada.
Pros
first job in canada
Cons
too mane cons
It's a good place to start!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napanee, ON22 May 2017
This was my first real job and it's a good place to start. Lots of training and will help you develop a lot of necessary skills you will use in all jobs. The management is pretty good and the discount and perks around holidays are a good bonus. Lots of flexibility to advance to different departments or positions. Hours were good too.
Pros
Develop skills
Cons
minimum wage
Almost everyone is good, but certain key managars and administrative staff consistently overstep their boundaries
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2017
Almost everyone was amazing, including the CSMs. There was, however, one CSM (the head) that was outrageously rude and insulting with everyone. Later on this rubbed onto an associate that was hired for CSM.

For me, there was no typical day. I was supposed to be a cashier, but they basically pushed everything else on to me too.
Pros
Some investment benefits, people are generally nice
Cons
You really have to search for the benefits, and the management are a pain to deal with
productive and fun workplace.
Walmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC22 May 2017
while working at Walmart i learned how to socialize with all sorts of people and learn about one another. i also learned how to balance a cash.
the hardest part about working at Walmart was not being able to give the costumer what he /she waned.
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping and communicating with the costumers and my fellow employees as well.
Pros
nice break time.
Learning experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB22 May 2017
Walmart is very fun place to work. The Walmart employees are quite respectful and nice. Walmart has great environment. You always learn something new be it from customers or employees.
Pros
Lots of friends
Very Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON22 May 2017
Great place to work at. Very friendly staff. very good first job experience for teenagers. Definitely, recommend it to anyone applying for a job at Walmart.
Process Oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON21 May 2017
Process oriented workplace, not overly people driven.
Performance driven towards profit and KPIs.
Militant workplace culture.
Lack of work life balance
Interesting and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2017
Excellent Process for training both computer related and customer service related
Supervisors were very professional and very hands on with any assistance one needed
Pros
Good hours and benefits
Cons
Packing
If you have the opportunity... run the other way fast.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2017
As a driver, one would be expected to be paid overtime at the "driver rate." You are paid as if you are working inside the store and then a "driver's premium" is tacked on. Then if you run into overtime on the road as is frequently the case your overtime rate is not calculated on the driver rate but as if you are working inside. Ripoff!

For the first two or three hours of my shift I was expected to work inside helping gather and sort totes full of grocery orders. Huh? If I wanted to work inside a building, I would not have applied to be a grocery driver!

Too much responsibility and too much work for the amount that is paid.
Pros
The drivers that I worked with.
Cons
Long hours and unreasonable expectations for what you are paid.
Nightshift
reno, stocking,maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS19 May 2017
I was hired as renovation worker 1st, then transferred to overnight stocker when store reno completed, and then transferred to maintenance, nightshift
Pros
Smoke breaks & lockers, nice coworkers
Cons
company policies
Favorite of my past employers
Cashier/ Cosmetics and jewelry sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 May 2017
Walmart was an awesome place to work , easy to understand tasks and till operation. Responsibility given to all employees and weekly non mandatory meetings for anyone who would like to give insight on how they think the company could improve and/or how the individual store could advance and be the best. Great team environment with managers that focus on interpersonal relationships with employees.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Covering 4 departments when too many people call in
walmart sucks
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
walmart is the biggest exploiter of workers in Canada. Their management is poorly trained and horrible to work for. They have the lowest wages in all retail.
Great Learning experience 8/10
Electronics assosiate; Frozen/fresh stocker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
This was my first job and I wasn't to sure what to expect. But i found everyday exciting and a new experience. At walmart the employees like to think of themselves as a family, and it was portrayed in the work.
Pros
Paid 15 min breaks
Cons
Managers micromanage you
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC18 May 2017
Fast paced and constant changes. Great place to work. Benefit packages available as well as stock options.Profit sharing and deferred profit sharing as well.
Sales associate in the electronics department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
good place work for, the work place has up and downs. Sometimes long hours, more work and busy hours .Also sometimes the store often to be less busy and less work
walmart
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON18 May 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at walmart, my associates were easy to work with and very work oriented, it was something new everyday and the management team was very supportive.
Okay place to work
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  Temiskaming Shores, ON18 May 2017
It's an okay place to work but i don't see it as a career. Management is as friendly as management can be and co-workers are all nice.
no benefits for part-time workers
Pros
lots of work to be done
Cons
pay
Productive and fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2017
Enjoyed interaction with customers and staff. Time went by fast when store busy. Offered best shopping experience to customers. Enjoyed my position.
Pros
flexible shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.