Walmart

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
learned
Laborer / Renovation (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: poor manegement
Co-workers are great
Typical day of work face department serve all customers
Management decent not the best
I learned how to manage myself when facing rude customers or how to assist a customer to fulfil their needs
Excellent workplace environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 27, 2015
Wal-mart has flexible work schedule. I learned a lot about pharmacy system and computer system at this company. Nice company and good employees to work with.
Great experience in the beginning, But changed towards the end.
Cashier, CSM, Accounting Office Associate (Current Employee), StittsvilleMarch 27, 2015
I was happy at first working for Walmart but that has changed now. I gained all the experience I needed and really do appreciate working there and for all the oppertunities I was given but there is time for a change and my time is now.
Professional improvement is likely to achieved.
Inventory Control (Stocking and shelving) (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Employees are free to do their job within the frame work of quality policies and procedure.
Cons: I was not able to get the chance to prove my worth as an employee.
My work schedule at Walmart is a graveyard shift and I consider it very challenging because you have to finish your job before the costumers get in and you work with less supervision.
Multi cultured environment, fair place to work
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2015
Multicultured environment, professional growth to some extent. Salary is at the bottom level. Have to work in an easy as well as complex environment.
Passed probation however not enough hours offered.
Shoes Associate (Former Employee), Penticton, BCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Introduced to retail sales
Cons: Not trained to assist customers.
Worked 4 to 6 hours shifts.
Duty was mainly to stock shoes on shelves and keep display looking good for clients. Keep shoes off the floor.
Took several on-line courses including WHMIS.
Was trained as a back-up cashier. Enjoyed the co-workers.
Hardest part of the job always picking up after customers.
Best part of the job greeting customers, most frustrating not trained in product knowledge. Not expected to serve the customer.
Efficient work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Availability for many work hours
A typical day at Wal-Mart would be ensuring the assigned departments were clean and stocked for customers. It included assisting customers all around the store, not only in my assigned department. I learnt alot about customer needs at this job and the ability to be patient. My management skills were developed by picking out the negative things that were happening and bringing light upon the situations, giving me a larger perspective on how to go about things in the proper manner.

My co-workers were all very helpful individuals, all working as a team to ensure the task's were completed before the end of the shift. The hard part of this job was communicating with the management sector, whereas the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers and creating a positive work environment with other associates.
greet customers, scan and bag all items, receive cash, debit, or credit payment from customers. count bag change owing to customer
Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: company discount card
Cons: shift work
Busy
learned how to operate a cash register
count and return money
people skills
meeting new people
co-workers are amiable
too many cashiers on any given cash register without each machine being audited prior to each sign on
Fun and welcoming environment
Customer service specialist (Current Employee), markham ontarioMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: busy at times
Working at Walmart is great because everyone is welcoming. Making friends with the other associates was not an issue at all. Although it can get very busy during certain seasons like christmas, i still enjoy working because working with customers is what suits me best.
Nah bruh.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: cool
Cons: bruh
On an average night you can expect great customers and atmosphere in one of this cities best nightclubsOn an average night you can expect great customers and atmosphere in one of this cities best nightclubsOn an average night you can expect great customers and atmosphere in one of this cities best nightclubs
Steady, workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed this job cause I got to interact with people on a daily bases. I left this job so I could go back to school and further myself in the work force.
Not the best place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2015
Not a good place to work.... No motivation from management for handwork... very poor salary.... unrealistic expectations.... hours cut off...
interesting place to work
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Stratford, ONMarch 22, 2015
Co-workers are great. Working nights is hard and not for everyone. Need more people on this shift. Constant work, not much time to be bored.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2015
Excellent for individuals at various work levels. Flexible scheduling, Great co-workers, competitive salaries, and an overall positive environment (most of the time).
Wonderful place to work grow and be productive
Planning Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2015
Great work culture, Great organizational with great organizational values. Valued people and great processes in place to make people successful. an organization that stood for its founding principles.
I work with a great team
Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great team, we will have occasional potluck dinners which i love
Cons: it can be difficult if due to unforeseen circumstances i may have to work alone, i get all the tasks done.. it allows me to use my ability to work alone and be organized.
I have worked for Walmart for over 2 years. I have received support and great feedback from management on a yearly basis. I work with a great team of co-workers. We have worked long enough together that we know what we each need to be doing in making sure everything gets done. We support each other in getting all tasks done
Fun and easy workplace
Photographer, Cashier (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: easy to do
Cons: slow days are boring
Good job, easy to do, training is fast and you do the same things everyday. Fun job for anyone. You learn how to pose clients, how to edit pictures, and how to take a passport picture. Staff is friendly and always there to help.
Good at first, ended up a disaster
Cashier (Former Employee), Laval, QCMarch 20, 2015
This being my first job, it started out fantastic, my co-workers were great, the job was new and exciting and the manager was helpful and supportive.

It all went downhill very fast. The idea behind a better shopping experience was taken advantage of. The hardest part of this job was not the very long lines, and the continuous anger provided by the customers, it was how it was all dealt with. When management changed, everything else changed with it. My co-workers were the one thing that kept everything enjoyable.
Fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: 10 percent discount, profit sharing every april!
Cons: when things weren't the right price!!
My career at Wal Mart had come to an end April 5th 2013, due to a full time Job I attended.

Wal Mart taught me independence, a typical day at work was full of positive vibes as well as a fun working environment, everyone got along and there were smiles everywhere, it was never tiring it was always enjoyable!

Management was pretty good, sometimes short staffed but the job was always done.

The Co workers always got along everyone would socialize and eat together depending who was breaking with who.

Hardest part of the job was during the holidays!! Last minute shoppers are always rushing to get out, no one is ever patient during holiday season.. so keep at a fast and steady pace to keep customers satisfied!!

Most enjoyable part of my job is I am a people person working with people was most enjoyable to me.
Fun environment that allowed me to be creative, and work with children
PART-TIME PHOTOGRAPER, SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: contacts
Cons: always standing
The managers were great to me. They were very flexible with my schedule as i was attending school at the same time as working. The environment was a great place to come to because of the interactions with the kids and families.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more