Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,855 reviews matching the search
The Unproductive thrive at Walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 26, 2016
As a productive cashier at walmart u start to realize that no matter how hard u work u wont be recognized. U cannot move within the company to another position making it impossible to advance. The unproductive workers are praised and will chant go Walmart as u slave away.
Cons
No Advancement/Movement
Management was sub par, there were plenty hours to work.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 26, 2016
Management didn't seem to care about employees well being. THere were plenty of hours to work and long lunch breaks. plenty of cahnces to get higher into the company.
Pros
long lunchs, many hours to work.
Cons
management was sub par
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 25, 2016
I've worked 5 years with no problems and haven't had a promotion even when I tried to apply. Management is unorganized and sometimes makes the wrong call. Some people the same age as I am have a higher salary than me and they just started.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
Bad management, low chances of advancement, unempathetic managers
Not so good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2016
Fundamentals learned are good however for the hourly wage you are doing so much work and also shifts are given evenly it was not very fun or friendly and managers often played favourites
It would be fun if management wouldn't be so ignorant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2016
Hello if you shot up, suck up ,and if you're one of the team you'll be able to go up in the company. And so will your family. And to get hired faster is who you know.
nice place to work
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 24, 2016
good place to work, benefits after 6 weeks. responsibilities include: record manage stock of cleaning chems, maintain equipment,delegate maintenance team, clean floors. The best part about the job is the co-workers, because at night people just let loose. At this job we were like a big family, i would do my job along with do anything that my coworker needed of me.
benefits
Cons
high stress
Walmart was an ok place to work at.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 24, 2016
The pay at Walmart was decent and had good yearly rewards. Also there were 3 breaks for a regular 8 hour shift, that helped many days.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
less hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaJune 24, 2016
Positive company that provides good associates and customers merchandise at lower cost.
Good opportunities for associates.
Respect, Customer Service, and Strive for Excellence are the three basic beliefs that apply to all areas of the company.
friends
Backroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 24, 2016
same respect between the employee but not that much withe the management. what i have learn with this company is time management. the hardest part is when the store management delegate work to department managers, and all department managers will come you and asked for help
Pros
friends
Cons
management
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Surrey, BCJune 24, 2016
Busy and exciting place to work. You deal with the craziest people but it teaches you a lot about customer service and patience.
Repetitive but fun
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 23, 2016
Walmart was a good first work experience for me. My co-workers were great, and i learned a lot about customer service. The only major issue I had was that my chest collapsed when I was on cash, and i asked the manager to call me a taxi to the hospital. and I was told that i looked fine and i was exaggerating. but as it happens, when i got to the hospital, my lung was 20% collapsed. I had to take a lot of time off work and it sucked. but otherwise Walmart was a great job and i had a lot of fun and made some great friends.
Pros
1 hour lunch/dinner.
Cons
Short hours. had to work weekends
Why do people work here?
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 23, 2016
With such low pay, low morale, and lack of management support, I'm not sure why people work for this company anymore. They will soon find they're going to be out of workers and will be forced to pay them more and treat them better.
good
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 23, 2016
The experience working at Walmart has its ups and down. The people are also add a roller coaster effect to your work experience.
Overall not a good place at all
cashier (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSJune 23, 2016
I learned basic training from other associates while the managers basically threw me to the sharks, most associates are very nice but there is definite favoritism in the building without a doubt. The hardest part of the job was showing up every day without crying, managers treat people very poorly unless you suck up to them.
Pros
McDonalds is in the same building
Cons
Literally everything else
Constructive and Useful experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QCJune 23, 2016
Working with a lot of people in my charge, I learn to be more comprehensive with each one. Trying to understand there point of view and why they act this way in some particular situation.
Be more open about other perspective than just mine.
For me that the most enjoyable part of my job was with a lot of employee in a big store like Wal-Mart, I really got the competences of how to treat some kind of situation at different moment with a diversity of personality and culture.
Pros
The managers were kind and invest in there workplace.
Cons
Not all the employee work equally.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NLJune 23, 2016
Typical day at work included making decisions on my own, quick and proficient decisions. I have learned a lot threw working at the front desk, my co workers were awesome, easy to get along with, of course everywhere has good and bad. I don't know what the hardest part of the job would be here. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and seeing different faces
A great place to work at!
Replenishment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2016
5 Stars! Lots of learning opportunities, a great culture and a fantastic environment. Opportunities to grow to Management level are limited.
Pros
Great Culture, Great People!
Cons
Growing may take time.
Rewarding and happy experience working with staffs and customers
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
I clock in and go to the floor, tidy my workplace and start serving customers by checking out the wares, answer telephone, send western union and generally help subordinates and customers. Hardest part is when a customer gets really angry about service or not finding the products.
Pros
An hr lunch and coffee breaks
Cons
not enough hrs
Demanding schedule for little compensation
TLE Technician (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 22, 2016
Work is physically demanding (heavy lifting, bending, stretching, reaching, etc) but perpetual under-staffing combined with a loophole in the labor laws means you could end up working up to ten days in a row without a break.
Pros
1 hour for lunch; working away from customers
Cons
Potentially long work week; lunches are unpaid hours.
Walmart
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 21, 2016
I have work for walmart for 2.5 years now as a cashier, the management at my store is iffy depending on who you talked to.
its a good job to have if you are in school and just want some extra hours of work on the side because it can vary you can go from 28 hours one week to less then 14 the next