Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,915 reviews matching the search
Welcoming, secure team environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC27 March 2017
I've been employed with Walmart for 6 months. My position is Cashier whereby I scan, bag and process payments be it cash or debit/credit. I generally feel support by management and supervisory team. I have the highest respect for the majority of staff whether I interact with them or not and feel respected in turn. I have difficulty standing for long periods of time primarily because a surgery to my knee 40 years ago.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my customers young and old and ensuring they have a positive, happy experience and come away with knowing they matter.
Pros
Respectful work environment among staff members and management
Cons
Abusive customers and shortage of staff.
Needs Improvement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON27 March 2017
The place I work at now needs to have better management because they are very high stricken on having full open availability

They need to understand people have a life outside of work and they need to be more lenient on hours
Pros
Discount Helps / benefits are great / hours are good
Cons
Management / advancing / treated fairly
Strict workplace
Cashier / Store Standards (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON27 March 2017
while working at Walmart you had to be very careful about your actions, they are very strict about customer service as well as appearance. they also requested that you not joke in the workplace as someone may be offened
Good company with growth in certain categories
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
Work days tended to be very long. The culture in the business changed over a period of years as the Canadian market became more competitive. The company became very bogged down with processes and lost some of the identity of who they were.
It was satisfying working in an area like food where Walmart was growing and stealing market share. Walmart gave back to the communities in charitable ways. At one point the company was top heavy with management.
Pros
Benefits and discounts in Walmart stores
Fun place to work
Electronics/Photo Department Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 March 2017
Mix of photo and electronics department duties.
Learned a lot about consumer electronics pros and cons.
Hardest part is working late night shifts until 11PM, you do not get to see your family.
Productive workplace with sense of Urgency
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON26 March 2017
The Walmart that I had worked at had very little empathy for it's workers, though the store ran efficiently with minimal shoplifting.
Unless you're literally dying, Walmart expects you to be there, and I found that every absence was unapproved regardless of how many hours ahead you called in sick.
Pros
10% Discount on everything not marked 'clearance'
Cons
No Communication, No Empathy
Master Card was a must.Push,push,push.
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB26 March 2017
Worked in the meat dept.Enjoyed what I did.Also worked hard and learned lots every day.Staff was great hard workers willing to go the extra mile.Work place safety they were very lean with there staff.
Pros
Benefits are awesome, staff good to work with.
Cons
Poor training, mgt needs work.
Need better job oppurtunity
Produce (Current Employee) –  128 quebec at26 March 2017
I would like to work for a company that gives employees sense of empowerment in some compacity of the job. I hope that i can become apart of your team to showcase my team skills and to show the company that i am team player
Pros
One hour break
Cons
No health coverage
its hard work and its also very rewarding
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 March 2017
my job current is to make sure that the items are available to all customers and staff, also that its safe for all to shop
I have to make sure that all items are priced.
I work in the toy department, what is the most fun is to watch the little kids that come in with the expressions on their little faces.
Fast Paced day with constant customers
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 March 2017
Responsible for stocking and helping customers with carry outs and sales service. Developed excellent peoples' and communication skills as interacted with customers on a regular basis
productive and fun workplace
Service crew (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 March 2017
Its fun and i like it they give u an good shifts and people are nice. but its very busy sometimes but your co-workers are nice and helpful especially if it is busy hrs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
busy
not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC23 March 2017
working at this company wasn't the best.
Some of the people who were put in higher up postitions were extreamly rude.
The best part of the job was working with some of the other cashiers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2017
Its hard to get full time status but they will give you lots of hours. Great employee perks. Training was long but beneifical to do the job. They do a lot to help employees and give back with lunches, discount, etc. I would work there again however, my back cant handle it.
Pros
EMPLOYEE PERKS
Cons
HARD TO GET FULL TIME/DAYS
work
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 March 2017
wal mart was a great place to work pay was ok at the time i worked there so i have no bad things to say about wal mart and the hours were great cause they worked around my school time
productive and challenging work place
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  2525 St Clair Ave West Toronto ON23 March 2017
Working at Walmart was a great experience because i meet a lot of different people from different walks of life. Its a challenging job as i like challenges. it also help me to improve on my customer service experiences.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Closing shifts
Awsome job while being a student
Cashier and Costumer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 March 2017
I feel as if Walmart is a very good company to work for with lots of benefits and abilities to move up in the company. I would recommend the job to anyone. For a student salary is amazing compared to other companies. All management at Walmart is awesome, I only had a tough time with one manager but we were quickly able to resolve those issues with me being able to move departments as I was unhappy where I was working. There isn't much that is hard about this job but the most enjoyable part is that Ive been at Walmart for almost 5 years now and it feels as if it is my other family. As much as i love Walmart i do have plans and goals for a career for my life and will have to eventually be leaving the company.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
busy christmas months
Work as a team
Stock clerk and maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 March 2017
Working with a company who strives to have their employees work as a team. Enjoyed working night shifts where there was a feeling of getting along and working together.
Great starting job.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 March 2017
Walmart is the ideal starting job for a young male/female looking for their first job. The environment is very welcoming and management ensures you are comfortable with every job at task before letting you tackle it on your own.
Pros
Welcoming manner.
Cons
No full-time option for most employees.
A good job during school
Customer Service Specialist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2017
A typical day at work would include me being a cashier for approximately 4-7.5 hours. I would assist in customer service whenever it was needed. While being a cashier I was responsible for scanning and bagging customer purchases, processing various forms of payment for goods and services and participating in promotional activities. While being at customer service I would answer the phone, return items and accommodate customers concerns and needs with superior customer service.
The management at Walmart changed quite frequently.
The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time and not moving around.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with friends that I made.
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
Standing for long periods
Drama
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 March 2017
In my opinion Walmart was too much drama for me.. my experiences there was very short lived. Defiantly didn't like it .. but cant say by the time i left there were to fond of me.