Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,075 reviews matching the search
good coworkers
Electronics and photo lab associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 April 2017
One of the things I liked about working in Walmart, was everybody was really nice and helpful there. All coworkers and Managers were coperative. They taught alot of things, that help me in becoming good employ and a person.
Fun place and Positive Ambience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 April 2017
Nice place to shop around.
Nice ambience for working & shopping both.
Co-operative management
Enjoying & supportive co-workers.
Reasonable retail.
Nice experience
Stable job
Chance of having a bright and promising future.
Scope for opportunities.
Good place to start, needs improvement with management.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC25 April 2017
Amazing place to work when it comes to benefits and availability. They are willing to work around your life. Management needs a lot of work. 10% discount was nice. They have an amazing open door policy.
Pros
Good salary and many shifts
Cons
Management.
Productive. Fun to work there.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Walmart Canada southend25 April 2017
Price changes-clean department-fill stock from receiving to put on the floor. End of shift clean up. Learned a lot in 7 yrs. I have been here. The people I work with
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Evening shift and weekends
Can be a fun place to work
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON25 April 2017
Had a good ten years with Walmart I just need a change good place to work from from my experience anybody looking to learn new jobs at Walmart there is always something more to learn
Productive and Casual place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB25 April 2017
Great environment, and coworkers. I enjoyed working for walmart, and I liked that I was able to take the time off i needed for myself, and so I could complete school without any backlash.
Pros
great community business to work at
Cons
most of the time fast pace environment, breaks are always late
Enjoyable employment depending on management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
Apart from the busy weekend chaos, it is manageable with the right leaders. Most of the managers at Walmart treat employees like slaves and not like people. They are not very understanding or compassionate, and are always down your back about the simplest things. Apart from management, open weekend availability is a must, which can be tough when trying to balance life at the same time.

With the right management, Walmart is a great place to work. It all depends on the people who are higher-up.
Pros
Cell phone discounts
Cons
Not much flexibility, unnecessarily strict managers
Productive and Educational Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2017
Learned much information on customer service. I was able to understand how to handle customer requests or complaints. I feel like I learned a lot about inventory and how to manage stocking systems. I learned the till.
laid back and none rushed have time todo what you need right
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB25 April 2017
Walmart was a family is was always slow going but it gave you time to do the job right and make it look good doing it everyone was friendly and as helpful as ever
a great lerning experience
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 April 2017
walmart showed me a lot about how things work in that type of working field. i learned a lot about pricing and also keeping stock of the products i have
People are great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 April 2017
We're all just numbers and the share holders have to get their money.
Shame that doesn't leave alot of job security or money for the staff on the front line.
Pros
some really good assistant managers
Cons
random hours
Work and Fun together
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary,Burlington24 April 2017
The working is fantastic with benefits,the management takes good care of its employs,the working hours are good and there is also opportunity of overtime
Pros
everything
Cons
Can be difficult but can also be great place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Working for walmart wasn't too bad. They push you to do work that can seem impossible at times. But it can be fun with some of the customers walking through the store. Those customers can have great stories for you and you can learn a lot about what you are selling from those customers. For example those customers can give you reviews about the products and tell you how much the liked the product or didn't like the product. Management is also very helpful and kind. You can walk up to a manager and talk to them in confidence about almost anything. The workplace is very diversified in many ways. The company is full of people from around the world, both young and old. I'd have to say that the hardest part of the job can be all the tasks they would want you to do in one shift, Sometimes it seems impossible. Another hard part of the job is they don't really train you for your department that you are in. You have to guess or do your best to figure it out. The most enjoyable part of the job is the many people you are able to meet.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Not enough hours
Exciting, productive, and welcoming enviroment.
Cosmetic Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS24 April 2017
Walmart was my first real job, it was a little nerve racking. However, the older team members were very helpful, as well as the manager. I could always ask for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working at walmart, helping customers was a big part of my day when I worked. There was nothing hard about it once I knew exactly what was expected!
Regular partime job
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 April 2017
Convenient part time job while in school although managers give a hard time with your availability. Management isn't great since they know you are easily replaceable since many Canadians need jobs.
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 April 2017
Great co-workers. Enjoyed interacting with customers. Enjoyed helping seniors and disabled. The children were a delight. Enjoyed learning new things about baking and bakery products.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad management and scheduling
Walmart is a good place to work
Seasonal manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Great place to work , but just looking for something different and more income , great people , and a fun and great learning experience . , I learn lots about costumer service and meet lots of really nice people . The management is good
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Not enough money
Great place to work with discount.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 April 2017
I worked cash and sometimes helped on the floor. Worked in the clothes department sometimes, other times helped with displays. Worked during Christmas season when I was in high school. My first job. Paid student wage. Very busy time and customers get very restless sometimes. Working as a cashier was a pretty good job and pretty easy.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits for part-time
Fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB23 April 2017
Management is great! Coworkers are very nice. It has a lot of opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job was learn new things and to get to know the store.
Bad
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
I couldnt believe how bad this place was dont work here if you value yourself, treated like by the management, and coworkers were morons. I had to write this

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval