Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,046 reviews matching the search
A typical day at work
Walmart (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONAugust 27, 2016
I am always greeted with a smile and an how are you today. I will serve the customer politely and have a small conversation with them since we are the last person that the customer see before leaving the store so we as cashier we try our best to make it a great experience for them so they can come back since they enjoyed how we treated them.
Pros
Long Hours, Give breaks and lunches (depends what shift you have)
Cons
Feet and back hurts for standing to long on cash
Good experience
Forklift Operator / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 27, 2016
amazing place to work, on an average day i would pick merchandise and load unto trucks. i learned how to me very efficient and organised
poor work life balance, culture of having to watch your back and pretend to agree with the boss
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
Work life balance is very poor. Only get two days off together once a month. You are expected to work every long weekend. Wednesday was normal day off and yet market leader would call meetings and conference calls anyways and we were expected to attend. Worked a closing shift on Tuesdays as Store manager yet market leader would hold mandatory calls on Tuesday mornings at times and we were expected to get on it from home. On days off we were still expected to know exactly what was happening in our store. Had to be accessable by phone 24/7.
Pros
Good pay; good bonus
Cons
24/7 work mentality cause they pay us well
Stressful, and demanding
Cashier and Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 25, 2016
I learned to value customers, also I learned to be very efficient with my occupation. The management team do not necessarily follow one's availability. the co-workers are amazing, the most enjoyable part of working at Walmart would be the discount given.
Pros
paid coffee breaks
Cons
do not follow your availability
Walmart is a fine first job.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 25, 2016
Walmart was a stable environment providing most of the resources required to do the needed work, and gave the required training to satisfy customers on a daily basis; Generally everybody worked well together and much was accomplished at the end of the day. Sometimes it was hard to meet expectation, as there was much to do outside of my expected job, but the experience was worth it. The management was kind but made sure that I did my job every shift. Ultimately, I learned how to better work as part of a team and how to meet the needs of individuals in customer service. Working at Walmart was a worthwhile experience.
productive and a good job to have
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 25, 2016
i have nothing bad to say other then being a cashier is alright and the wage isn't horrible but standing around all day without being able to walk around and do other stuff sucks.
cashier, guest greeter and stocked shelves
Stock Clerk/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCAugust 25, 2016
• Greeted guests, received orders and processed guest payments
• Operated cash register and processed cash, debit and credit transactions
• Verified guest orders to complete transaction
• Interviewed guests in a professional manner in order to meet their needs
Fast paced
Customer service / cashier (Former Employee) –  Atholville, NBAugust 25, 2016
I love working in public, I worked in New Brunswink the best expierence ever. I loved the fact that, I inter grated well with all peoples. I also enjoyed the fact that I was accepted considering the fact that I am from Montreal.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Always in one area
Walmart
Bakery (Former Employee) –  VoghanAugust 25, 2016
Honesty, Secretariat
I was working at bakery over night

I was baking all kind of bread

Good benefits for me

Safety company

Clean company

Good company to work
Fast paced and customer service face to face
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 24, 2016
Helping customers with their orders for photos, handling cash and taking payment for photos. Printing photos and developing orders in a specific time line. Working along side staff and management to ensure all customers are helped. Hardest part of the job was explaining to a customer if there order wasn't ready at the time they were given. Example if our printing machines went down. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping each and every customer with a smile.
Pros
learning how to develop photos
Cons
only was a part time postion
Challenging
Night stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 24, 2016
Pay was brutal. Workload was intense. Before every shift they tell you how much the store made that day. When they tell you $300,000 per day and pay min wage thats hard to take.
Pros
got paid
Cons
workload
Not enough work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Forestburg, ABAugust 24, 2016
This job was very good to work for but it was only a temp job with very little work. The people that worked there were very helpful when it came time to work.
Love the people/ hate the politics
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cowansville, QCAugust 24, 2016
The store here has gone done in moral in the last 4 yrs.
they have no respect for their employees, it has changed and not for the better
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours/ no appreciation
Great team to workwith
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 23, 2016
I would recommend this employer to anyone. They are fair and have an open door policy that makes you feel like your point of view matters. Having just returned to the retail environment it is a good experience.
Toxic
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONAugust 23, 2016
Yelling, verbal abuse, snide remarks, sideways looks, hostility, intimidation, implied threats, weapon display, physical confrontation, predatory behaviour. Etc...

Nothing done to remove said people as management demonstrates similar behavior.

Disturbed personalities work here, stay away.
Work with wonderful people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2016
I loved the clients I got, they loved my work. I was the manager, I really enjoyed it. But I was tossed into the role with no clue what to do. The area manager that was supposed to train me was no help, and didn't care about me, the store, or my clients. She would never show up on time, and if she did, she would be on her phone the entire time. I contacted head office, they didn't care as well. The company had the potential to be great, but lacks motivation.
Pros
people were lovely
Cons
Head office wasn't good. No motivation.
Very busy,
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 23, 2016
Dealing with customers all day, how to work cash register, I enjoy my co-workers,standing on feet all day, talking with co-workers management is fine,learned how to deal with public.
Cons
long days and not enough time off one day on and one day off
Customer service
Merchandizing and customer service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 22, 2016
I am currently working in Walmart (Capilano Mall) .
The good experience in Canada jobs .
I want to change my work because of that is part time job but I need full time job .
Pros
Excellent Canadian job experience
Cons
part time
productive and sometimes fun to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  north brunswickAugust 21, 2016
working at Walmart was not really bad , at lease I learnt customer service ,computer operating system and also my co workers were fun to be around, and they are friendly
Pros
free lunch
Productive Workplce
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCAugust 21, 2016
Walmart is great when it comes to training you and its great to university students. If you do your job well there is room for advancement in the company. I've been working there since last year and I have already been trained for courtesy desk. The staff from the supervisors to the employees are great. Management is very professional yet friendly. A typical day of work is being on a till for 3-4 hours and being on courtesy desk for 2 hours.You learn how to multi task well as well as the supervising staff is great at helping you with anything you may need.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Selling the Walmart mastercards