Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,631 reviews matching the search
Good Times
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ONApril 30, 2016
Walmart is a fun place to work. Good staff, busy schedule. Time Management is the key to success if you want to move up in this business.
Outgoing environment, with little possibilities to display potential
Customer Service/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of routine procedures that had to be carried out daily. As a department manager, I had ensure that price changes were done on time, trailer listings were checked for shortages, the department had to be stocked with merchandise, and my customer service skills were put to the test everyday. I acquired a vast amount of knowledge working for this company. Over the past 10+ years, I grew as a person gaining patience, understanding, and exemplary customer service skills that have helped me in all aspects of my life. The management was approachable and helpful, yet close-minded. The coworkers understood each other, and made the atmosphere comfortable. By far, the hardest part of the job was standing for 7+ hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the everyday customers, and being appreciated by them for all the hard work I did.
Good workplace environment and friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Greet and cash out customers. Help customers apply for the Wal-Mart Mastercard. Hardest part of the job was the long hours of standing and doing repetitive work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers and talking to them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Repetitive work
Very unorganized workplace. No structure.
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work was not typical in any way. I never knew from one minute to the next if I was going to be able to complete my task at hand before I was told to leave it and go onto another. Once pulled from said task, the manager that had originally put me on it would come yelling at me as to why I didn't finish what he asked before moving on to present task. It was all very stressful and there was no way in those conditions, to do my job to a satisfactory level. I felt I was being purposely pushed out due to my physical disabilities that made it hard to place me during renovations.
Pros
great fellow employees
Cons
worst manged store I've ever seen.
treat you like garbage
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
Depends on the owner , the store i worked at was unfair, you had to be a certain race to get what you want, they dont care that you have school, they take advantage and make you work alot of shifts, the pay isnt worth the work you do
Pros
no pros, you make friends i guess
Cons
work you like a dog, pay is horrible
Fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  AgincourtMallApril 28, 2016
Very challenging
how to better provide customer service
very helpful and knowledgeable at there jobs
eager to help when needed
Keeping up with all the returns
Meeting new people
Pros
Profit shareing
Cons
mandatory every weelend
Busy and productive
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonApril 28, 2016
Friendly environment, but is very stressful and dreadful. I was able to learn simple tasks in terms of, cooking, cleaning and customer service skills.
Pros
Well deserved breaks, when I could take them
Cons
working alone, poor management
productive fast pace workplace
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCApril 28, 2016
A typical day while working at Wal-Mart consisted of making sure the cash register was balanced before the store opened, making sure the shelves were stocked and making sure they stayed tidy as well as serving customers at the cash register and providing information about our products..
Pros
flexibleon when im able to take my lunch breaks
Cons
short shifts
Productive environment with great resources
Produce Stocker (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABApril 28, 2016
My day consisted with the interaction of the pharmacy/optical teams and store management team. A typical day would be to coach, teach and review operational and financial activities.
On my store visits I would include interacting with the staff and providing direction on merchandising and professional issues.
The enjoyable part of the job allowed me to be independent and interact with the many people that worked in the front store and other departments.
The hardest part of the job was to try and visit more stores on a regular basis due to the geographic size of the district.
Pros
Great solid company with good values.
Cons
heavy lifting
Fun workplace with a great team
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 28, 2016
Working behind the customer service desk at Walmart has given me a great deal of experience in management. I have been able to pick up a variety of skills to handle customer complaints in many ways. The management team was a great team to work with every shift.
Pros
Exceptional hours, bonuses
its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABApril 28, 2016
I was on till all day every day and it was alright but most of the people were older and did not work very hard so it got annoying
Pros
free lunch some days
Cons
boring
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2016
I am a part time cashier at Walmart. I was not able to travel due to my circumstances so i joined Walmart in 2015 so i could stay close to home.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 28, 2016
Walmart is a really fun place to work. Working in a team was the most enjoyable part. The managers were very involved and helped in tasks often.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive environment with great resources
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 27, 2016
Walmart is a very productive company that has taught me the important assets of great customer service.The typical day at work consisted of helping customers and working alongside managers to help with inventory set up.
Overall a good employer with opportunities for advancement.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden HorseshoeApril 27, 2016
Pros
Great solid company with good values.
Cons
Long hours, but managable.
Tolerable but okay
3rd Shift Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
My co-workers where fun to chat with, everyone mainly worked alone. Management could have been better. Requesting a stupid amount of work to be done in such little time. The discount was good and so was the pay. Over all I would go back, as a last resort.
Good Company to work for
Accounting Office Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 27, 2016
Good Company with great values. Salary is very low. Worked at locations in New Brunswick and Alberta. New Brunswick environment much more friendly.
courtesy desk
Courtesy Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ONApril 27, 2016
Working at the courtesy desk i have learn the ins and outs of the wal-mart corp.
It has help me deal with the public more one on one
Its a fun place to work the associates are like family
good place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 26, 2016
love to work here and professional environment. Lot to learn. . . . . . . Good and renowned company. good management. salaries are good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
It was an enjoyable experience working at Walmart. Great staff and environment, dealing with customers can be difficult but working here has helped me learn how to deal with customers in certain situations. It's a fast paced environment so multi-tasking is a must as well as being able to remember codes and deals going on.
Pros
fairly easy job
Cons
lunch breaks/breaks may be given late