Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
treat you like garbage
Deli Worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: no pros, you make friends i guess
Cons: work you like a dog, pay is horrible
Depends on the owner , the store i worked at was unfair, you had to be a certain race to get what you want, they dont care that you have school, they take advantage and make you work alot of shifts, the pay isnt worth the work you do
Fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), AgincourtMallApril 28, 2016
Pros: Profit shareing
Cons: mandatory every weelend
Very challenging
how to better provide customer service
very helpful and knowledgeable at there jobs
eager to help when needed
Keeping up with all the returns
Meeting new people
Busy and productive
Deli Associate (Current Employee), HamiltonApril 28, 2016
Pros: Well deserved breaks, when I could take them
Cons: working alone, poor management
Friendly environment, but is very stressful and dreadful. I was able to learn simple tasks in terms of, cooking, cleaning and customer service skills.
productive fast pace workplace
Customer service specialist (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCApril 28, 2016
Pros: flexibleon when im able to take my lunch breaks
Cons: short shifts
A typical day while working at Wal-Mart consisted of making sure the cash register was balanced before the store opened, making sure the shelves were stocked and making sure they stayed tidy as well as serving customers at the cash register and providing information about our products..
Productive environment with great resources
Produce Stocker (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: Great solid company with good values.
Cons: heavy lifting
My day consisted with the interaction of the pharmacy/optical teams and store management team. A typical day would be to coach, teach and review operational and financial activities.
On my store visits I would include interacting with the staff and providing direction on merchandising and professional issues.
The enjoyable part of the job allowed me to be independent and interact with the many people that worked in the front store and other departments.
The hardest part of the job was to try and visit more stores on a regular basis due to the geographic size of the district.
Fun workplace with a great team
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Maple, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: Exceptional hours, bonuses
Working behind the customer service desk at Walmart has given me a great deal of experience in management. I have been able to pick up a variety of skills to handle customer complaints in many ways. The management team was a great team to work with every shift.
its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Leduc, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: free lunch some days
Cons: boring
I was on till all day every day and it was alright but most of the people were older and did not work very hard so it got annoying
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2016
I am a part time cashier at Walmart. I was not able to travel due to my circumstances so i joined Walmart in 2015 so i could stay close to home.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: Not enough hours
Walmart is a really fun place to work. Working in a team was the most enjoyable part. The managers were very involved and helped in tasks often.
Productive environment with great resources
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 27, 2016
Walmart is a very productive company that has taught me the important assets of great customer service.The typical day at work consisted of helping customers and working alongside managers to help with inventory set up.
Overall a good employer with opportunities for advancement.
District Manager (Former Employee), Golden HorseshoeApril 27, 2016
Pros: Great solid company with good values.
Cons: Long hours, but managable.
Tolerable but okay
3rd Shift Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
My co-workers where fun to chat with, everyone mainly worked alone. Management could have been better. Requesting a stupid amount of work to be done in such little time. The discount was good and so was the pay. Over all I would go back, as a last resort.
Good Company to work for
Accounting Office Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 27, 2016
Good Company with great values. Salary is very low. Worked at locations in New Brunswick and Alberta. New Brunswick environment much more friendly.
courtesy desk
Courtesy Desk Associate (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONApril 27, 2016
Working at the courtesy desk i have learn the ins and outs of the wal-mart corp.
It has help me deal with the public more one on one
Its a fun place to work the associates are like family
good place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCApril 26, 2016
love to work here and professional environment. Lot to learn. . . . . . . Good and renowned company. good management. salaries are good.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: fairly easy job
Cons: lunch breaks/breaks may be given late
It was an enjoyable experience working at Walmart. Great staff and environment, dealing with customers can be difficult but working here has helped me learn how to deal with customers in certain situations. It's a fast paced environment so multi-tasking is a must as well as being able to remember codes and deals going on.
the job is to demanding for wages being paid
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBApril 26, 2016
Plain work at Walmart does't give learning possibility. This is common job and no advisement to gain nothing special one would use as an experience for future references .
Titles and routine
Walmart - Supervisor (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: 1 hour lunchs
Cons: 10% discount
Overnight Electronics Associate, 2009-2010
Renovation Team Associate, 2010-2011
Sports (Hardware, Automotive, Pets and Paints) Associate, 2008-2008
Customer Service Associate, 2007-2008
Lady’s wear Associate, 2006-2007
Every job at Walmart is pretty much the same. Show up, find out what you need to do for the day from your manager (because everyone has one) Then do the list of things given for the day. there was high turn over and not a lot of room for socializing.
Worst place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 26, 2016
I loved the chance to work with wonderful cashiers. Extremely poor management. Treat employees terrible. Will never work or shop there again
Excellent
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jane and WilsonApril 26, 2016
Excellent work experience, they are very good with assigning positions geared to your strengths and weaknesses. the biggest improvement i gained within WAL MART would be my tolerance level.
Headquarters