Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,948 reviews matching the search
Flexible and friendly workplace environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  square oneJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work is dealing with different customers. I learned that in order to work in a fast paced environment a person must learn to enter work with a positive attitude , leaving behind any personal issues that could conflict . My co workers are very supportive of each other and easy to get a long with. the hardest part of my job is maintaining consistent sales with the walmart card but the most enjoyable is the interaction.
Productive work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJuly 27, 2016
The customers are a pain in the butt, but other than that its a pretty straight forward job. It's ok I guess. They tell you to keep plugging the MasterCards
Pros
Reasonable salary, easy work, dead store
Cons
Pointless short shifts, rude customers
Good for Students
Instock/Overnight Manager/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2016
A company geared toward providing low prices at any cost necessary. If you are planning on taking post-secondary courses, cashier would be your go-to position in this company.
great work place during high school
Sales Associate - Jewelry & Fashions (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NLJuly 25, 2016
being a student in high school walmart was able to provide work hours for students and make sure if they were in extra curricular activities that they were able to get to them
Commitment and dedication
Deli and Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 25, 2016
i just graduated from high school and i am looking for a full time job in Toronto. I work Monday to Friday, starting from 4-5 am to 2 pm .. Loyal and Respect to my co workers and Amazing with costumers.
Good Customer Service and Cash related experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 25, 2016
Overall a good job but pay is less and difficult to advance. I have done a office job for 4 years so it is a bit difficult for me to stand continuously for 8 hours.
Could be better.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 24, 2016
Work at walmart is taxing, mentally more so than physically. Unless you get lucky and get on the fast track to being a manager, you are stuck as a standard employee.

The management, however, is considerate. They do take time to speak with you, and help if they can.

The pay is alright, but could be better, especially with what each employee is asked to do.

Full time is exceedingly hard to get.

Hours are consistent and available enough that you rarely work the minimum required though, and often get more.
Pros
10& Discount
Cons
Personal gratification and worth is hard to come by.
cashier and customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJuly 24, 2016
My review on Walmart i learn alot to talk to people and most enjoyable part was customers. Because of my people skills i good time working with people. The hardest part was you had to be fast good service constantly.
productive and made long time friends
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 24, 2016
most days uneventful
learned codes for produce items and how to bag groceries properly
some management were approachable and some were not.
had great and supportive co-workers. Walmart MasterCard promotion was very difficult to do felt very uncomfortable.
made long time friends
Pros
making friends
Cons
Walmart Mastercard
Every thing good
Department manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2016
Work is life and life without work is nothing ,It means there is no peace and any opportunity for moving forward in life.
large coorporate company
Menswear Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCJuly 23, 2016
working in menswear I put out new stock, assisted in price changes, customer service. I also helped answer the stores switchboard and paged for phone calls. I ensure my area was clean and there was nothing on the floor, and took part in the stores safety sweep for loss prevention and checking for hazards in my area.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
big compay, not much upper management interaction
not a fan of managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCJuly 23, 2016
not a fan of management or how the buisness is run, hiring more people when not needed and not doing anything when more people are needed
Friendly coworkers not so friendly customers
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCJuly 22, 2016
A typical day is busy and hectic with lots to due and little time to do it the understanding management kind co-workers and the warm environment help get through the day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude borderline hostile customers
A short work placement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONJuly 22, 2016
When you are working cleaning shelve and restocking managers would tell you to go back to work even though you have a new product that you are putting on the self. The factor that they tend to terminate employees on their final day of probation.
Fun place to work with lots of chances to grow and advance
Photo Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSJuly 21, 2016
Co-workers are all great to work with, it's a fun environment.
You have all kinds of opportunities to learn new stuff and to try different positions.
The only downfall I would note, is that some of the male management can be a bit rude.
Other than that it is a fantastic place to work.
productive
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 21, 2016
A typical day as a Walmart receiving employer would include receiving shipments of merchandise requiring great effort and dedication to complete. I have learned how to operate work related equipment using a great deal of safety. The management at Walmart is good. My co-workers are friendly and I easily bond with every single member of Walmart. The hardest part of the job would include heavy lifting, when it comes to heavy merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job would include working with friendly co-workers.
Pros
10% discount on all Walmart merchandise
Cons
long hours, underpaid
good people
cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2016
A great place to work and the people are easy to get along with.Everyday a challenge and everyday a different outcome.Working with all types of customers and meeting their individual needs is very satisfying.
ok workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NLJuly 21, 2016
would rather not have to work at Walmart ever again, 7 night shifts with 2 days off then 3 nights for 2 more days off. Above reason is why I would rather not work there again.
My thoughts about Walmart
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJuly 20, 2016
I learned a lot from working at Walmart like how to handle customers of all sorts, learned a lot about all the different deparments and where things were, got to set up a produce department, bakery, and deli for a grand opening and found myself working in the Produce afterwards. I liked my job it was good made job-friends with people in the other new departments but not all co-workers liked me. Management of Walmart was good but the management in my department not so much. Hardest part of my job was having to be nice to my rude fellow co-workers but i always found a way to forget about it positively. And the most enjoyable part was working for a really great and big company, id definitely work at another walmart again.
greedy compaany
Mid Level/Photo Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 20, 2016
worked for woolco and was hired on by Walmart and was good for the first years but then Walmart started to do cuts made a lot of employess over worked
Pros
people
Cons
company