Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 6,005 reviews matching the search
great first job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2017
it gave me a learning experience but not much room for advancement. most people you work with are great but some that I worked with did not know how to treat their employees
friendly staff
Dept. Manager (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB21 August 2017
Nice bunch of people to work with, keep very busy which makes the work day go by fast. Management is easy to work for. Could use more staff. Awesome benefits.
Pros
nice discount on all merchandise.
Day to day work at walmart was slow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON21 August 2017
Personally I prefer work that is fast paced and keeps me moving, at Walmart I found myself standing twiddling my thumbs doing nothing for hours. I enjoyed working there for the most part, it just wasn't what I enjoyed doing. But the hours were good and so was the pay, just not my type of work at the time.
Pros
Good pay, nice management, good benefits
Cons
Slow, and boring
A great to place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON21 August 2017
Typical day in the life of a cashier at Walmart, fast paced and rarely boring. Customers are overall pleasant. There could be more of a 'team' feel with co-workers but very friendly overall.
Decent place to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2017
I enjoyed working overnights, but there are too many managers telling you what to do, and it can get confusing on how you are supposed to do your job.
daily working
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON21 August 2017
I am a cashier and enjoy working with different customers everyday. I drive a long way to get to Walmart ( 1 hour ) but I enjoy the job once I get there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not getting the same number of hours every week
Its just an Ok place to work.
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2017
Not exactly the kind of company to work for. I am just saying it because the management of the company believes that they can always hire a newbie and train that individual to become a pro, which isn't possible.
Don't do it unless desperate.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS20 August 2017
Typical day at work was fast-paced.
Management is iffy.
Workplace seems fine initially; its not.
Most enjoyable: regular customers.
Reliable hours.
Good place to work but can easily become monotonous
Retail sales associate (electronics department) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 August 2017
Working in the electronics department is pretty chill and can easily become boring if you don't find something to do. Other than that, your typical day involves upkeeping electronics, movies and video game displays, sweeping the floor and running the cash register.
Hours were good, management was good and co-workers were fun to be with.
Pros
Decent pay with good coworkers
Cons
Can easily be boring
Environnement de travail productif
Processuer/étalagiste (Current Employee) –  Beauport, QC19 August 2017
Expérience agréable parmi une équipe courtoise
Horaire accommodante
Pros
Repas gratuits
Lots of things to learn
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2017
fast paced environment, good opportunities for advancement. less work life balance. Less Salary. Management needs to understand teh associates needs at more deeper level.
Good
Customer Service Specialist in Produce Department (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 August 2017
It was a good experience. I enjoyed working there, the people I worked with was nice, but then again it is different in every branches. I was genuinely lucky.
good atmosphere
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 August 2017
nice place to work. slow advancement. salary not enough to live on one job. meet new people everyday. good for students. they hire part time and later you can apply to be full time.
Walmart Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 August 2017
Basic restocking and managing inventory. Pretty repetitive as all you do is work on skids for most of your shift. People there are nice since they are mostly within my age.
Great work experience
National Operations Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2017
Walmart is a great place to learn as you have the opportunity to learn so much in the logistics field which will be a great value to take with you as you move forward
Pros
table tennis and other activities to keep you in shape
Cons
shift work
Busy workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 August 2017
As an associate in the electronics department, a bulk of the work is carried by us. Aside from helping customers with buying electronic products and providing cashier support, I also had to answer questions about other departments. Sometimes, we will be asked to help out in these other departments as well, with zoning and stocking.

The hours are long as well. If you're PT, you may get up to 35 hours a week, which is above the 28 hour limit. Personally, I didn't sign up for FT. And if you are scheduled for 28 hours, you may also get called in. Be careful, because my manager tends to guilt trip me into going.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Long hours for part timers, busy with multiple departments
Walmart is an okay place to at
Meat Stocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 August 2017
They give considerable good pay to start out with compared to most common jobs. However the management there is not the best at all. Did not consider my availability and treated me very badly thus I quit Walmart.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Can't go on break if you are the only one working in the department
Fast Pace
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 August 2017
Unloading trucks and putting stock away on shelves, always keeping busy and makes the shift go by quickly. Help customers when they are inquiring for certain stock.
Fast pace environment working with a great team.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 August 2017
Management is very flexible and easy to talk to if you have any questions.
Fast pace environment filling prescriptions for customers, answering phone calls, sending and receiving faxes, filing, calling insurance companies, doctor's offices, and hospitals.
The hardest part to working in the Pharmacy is when we are very busy that we make sure prescriptions get filled in a timely manner for the customers.
I enjoy meeting new people and helping them everyday.
Excellent starter job.
Overnight Merchandiser - Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2017
Great staff. Fun place to work. Good teamwork, Highly recommend. Well organized. Excellent work environment. Close to home. Great customers. I highly recommend this store as a starter job for youth and adults alike. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.