Walmart

58.1K reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

What people are saying about Walmart

• Pushed carts
  • Working at Walmart was alright
  • Understaffed
  • See more...
Found 3,073 reviews matching the search
Ok for a part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Ok for a part-time job. Hours are crazy and all over the place. Be prepared to loose your weekends. Discount could be better giving today's economy.
great to work with a great staff
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NLFebruary 13, 2016
good days most off the time,learned alot of ways to check in freight over the years,some management could be good and others bad,co-workers are great to work with,also meeting different people in the work force
Pros
Cons
different times off hours
nil
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2016
the people that work there are friendly and will always help you out. the hours and breaks are wonderful. i enjoy the range of thngs i can do from being in the floor to being on cash
Pretty fun job if you like your department. But terribel Management.
Sales Associate-Electronics Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
The job was fun, I enjoyed my department and the people I worked with. It is long day, but you get enough breaks to compensate. The customers are great, but you will get the stinkers that will just ruin the day. And management is fine at best, sometimes you wonder how someone got the position but other times they are capable of doing their job.
Salary benefits need a lot of Improvements
Cashier / Apparel Processor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 12, 2016
According to workload, the salary and other benefits need a lot of Improvements and part-time availability should also be equally appreciated.
Hope you like reptiles!?
Over Night Self Stocker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 11, 2016
awesome first wrok experience. working around snakes and other reptiles. great people and co-workers. i still have a slight fear of rats and mice, hey use them to fed the snakes.
Love working in customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSFebruary 11, 2016
I really enjoy working in customer service, the only thing with Walmart is the fact that it is really hard to get full time.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Walmart is good company to work for. The customers are fun to work with as there is so many different situations very day (some good some bad) nothing that can't be taken care of.
Pros
Good Breaks and Lunches
Cons
Not full time
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Walmart is a very fast and energetic place to work. The people are very friendly and fun to work with. It was also nice to see the same customers all the time as well. I learned to do several different jobs while I was working at Walmart.
its fun and stress free
Merchandiser/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 10, 2016
People at work are friendly. Management is inconsistent with their policies. Low wage increase encourage employee to quit and move forward.
Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Different shifts
most management is good
co workers made it the place to be
hardest part of job was overnights
Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers
Not the best first job
People Greeter (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PEFebruary 10, 2016
Workplaces have to make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities. My local Wal-Mart refused to make the same reasonable adjustments that other Wal-Marts were able to do for other employees within the same position. Management did not provide a valid reason and did not seem sympathetic or understanding of my disability.

I loved what I did, I just could not continue working there without adjustments made.
Pros
Easy job to do, even when it's busy
Its Walmart
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Working at walmart was fun at first. But then it ended up me doing most of the morning clean up for half the morning, while having to balance putting product out on the shelf.
Pros
understanding
Cons
Management was not good
A workplace which is customer focused and a place to learn about people
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
As usual I started my day at 7. As usual it started getting busy. All the jobs i was required to do before lunch was done. I went for lunch at about 12:15 and suddenly all associates were called on floor as the dairy department cooler stopped working. All the store associates got together and put back the whole dairy and meat products in back room coolers. it was really a hectic day

I learned that staying calm under stressful conditions helps to find solutions and everything s possible with team work.

Management of the store are really nice people to discuss any issue. They are really helpful.
Coworkers are really helpful to get together as team.
I do not think there is any hard part of the job as even the hardest is made easy with help of wise management.
The part of job really which i really feel enjoyable is meeting and interacting with different kind of customers. Learning about new products all this make my job interesting and I love to do it.
Pros
get Great experience about different customer behaviours
Cons
Comparatively less pay
Good place to work with great employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marystown, NLFebruary 9, 2016
I've worked at my town's Walmart for over 3 years. It's a great place to work and the employees there are great to work with.
Pros
Managers are easy to talk to
Cons
Scheduled hours are erratic
Productive work place.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  keel and finchFebruary 9, 2016
It is usually a pretty busy place to work. There is always something to do. Interacting with Customers which is one of my favourite part of my day. Most of my co-workers are interesting and good people to work with. We try our best to work as a team and bring a positive attitude to our department. The management could be improve a little bit but overall it is good. I Don't feel i have a very hard job because i like being active and busy doing things. I like the fact that its a busy environment.
Walmart Review
Shoe sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 9, 2016
For me a work day was picking up shoes because i worked in that department. I really didn't lean anything. My manager was really mean, unfair and sexist. My co-workers were a blast to work with and i got along well with them. The hardest part of my job would have been to put up with my boss. The most fun part would have been when my boss went home.
staff was great
Photo Lab Technician/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ONFebruary 9, 2016
the staff at walmart were great, the management have no communication. too many people trying to run it different ways.
I loved working in the lab and on the floor. I am a people person who is good with people. by the time I left the photo lab I was pretty much running it.
Pros
staff were great
Cons
bad managment
good job helpful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 9, 2016
the best part of the job was when customers would tell me I was doing a great job,also when cashiers would help each other not just standing around ,or when the store was really busy
Pros
good work place friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours
Great co-workers and I was really able to develop social interaction skills while I was working at Walmart.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Most customers were happy when leaving. I was treated fairly and was able to work freely. They were very understanding and the pay was fair enough.