Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,382 reviews matching the search
Day in the life
Grocery Home Shopping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
- Pick and process customer grocery orders made online and send assigned company trucks out to other locations to scheduled meet delivery times
-Some things I've learned in this role is different aspects of the business such as the logistics and I.T
-The management team is fair and easy to work with and we have a solid working relationship
-great group of co-workers to work alongside
- The most challenging part of the job would be the early start time (5am) but it is necessary to meet the needs of the business
- The most enjoyable would be the people I work with as they are excellent individuals who I have exchanged ideas with and learned new things from
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Early start time
not very good
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB2 December 2016
management is unfair. often do not get paid for work, and to get the money costs 30% of the missed pay. Condescending management.
Pros
Employment
Cons
everything else
Paid well
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2016
Paid well, work hard and there are a lot of rewards. If you wish to advance in store, district and company skies the limit. Very busy and demanding on your life and work life balance.
Pros
Paid very well at managment level
Cons
work life balance
It is a fun job.
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2016
A very regular daily routine, and always something to do. Strong focus on productivity and minimum expectations. I don't really have much else to say about it. but this review required that I keep writing more here.
Day at Walmart
Produce Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2016
I worked in the produce department at Walmart and I enjoyed it. I would start the day by first going to the lounge and saying hi to my coworkers and managers. Then you go to the department and pretty much stock the fruits and vegetables and assist customers with whatever they needed. You also had to keep it clean and take out the garbage and a variety of other chores. Overall it was fun when you and your coworkers are joking around and are getting everything done. It was not to straining on your body and the managers and supervisors treated you kindly. In an 8 hour shift we got two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch.
Pros
Lively environment, good coworkers/managers, good work pace.
Cons
Unpaid lunch, occasional salty customers.
Great store to work at. Management is great to work with.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON1 December 2016
At Walmart a typical day is getting right to work on the floor Walking through fashion what needs to be done such as making sure things are organized and presentable for the customers. Helping customers with their questions and concerns is a huge part of the job. Its important that they have they are helped and that they have a good shopping experience!
Pros
Having Christmas Lunch
Cons
Not enough staff. We need more people. The staff are spread too thin.
Worst job ever
Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 December 2016
One of the worst jobs. Management has no respect for others and strong favorites among co workers makes moving up impossible. Over worked and treated poorly by managers on shift. Move of upper management do not provide proper equipment to complete tasks such as pump jacks and telzon guns in working order
Job culture is good but Salary and job hours are very less
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 December 2016
Start with PT job offers and pay basic salary only..Working environment is very good.People are very friendly.
Co-workers are very helpful.Bosses are little rude
its okay
London, Ont - Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 November 2016
If you have good employees then you should be fine. You have to book any events/dates off at least a month in advance. Not a bad place to work but no great, but its a job so you cant complain.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Stretch you maximum hours
Productive but poor salary increase
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 November 2016
There's a lot of work, so getting bored is definitely not in the picture. you'll learn a lot at first but work we'll be just repetitive after a few months. Some co-workers are hardworking at first then becomes lazy when the work doesn't fit the salary. Management is fair. The most enjoyable is break times of course.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
unfair evaluation
Mixed
Overnight Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 November 2016
I found that the people I worked with were very diverse but Walmart is definitely it's own community. The main issue was that the management, particularly the upper management, the were determined to hold themselves apart and above those that worked for them. The constant treatment of any employee as disposable, in the words of one of the upper management "Just bodies to fill spots that the computer generated systems says are needed." That was the most difficult part of working there.
Horrible environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2016
I'll start with the only pros. You get a good salary and 3 days off a week.

Now for the cons. There is no room for advancement. It's all about who you know not what you know. The management would always push targets but never follow up until the end. They would never listen to others opinions or ideas and if theirs failed if was everyone else's fault.

If the entire management team was replaced it would be a good place to work. Since that will never happen stay away from this place.
Pros
Salary
Cons
working as a team player was fun
Overnight Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB29 November 2016
I gave 100% to my job. I worked with Walmart for almost four years then I was told by my doctor I had to find a different line of work because it was affecting my physical health. There was a lot of heavy lifting and bending which brought back a health issue that I received while pregnant with my youngest child. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management team.
Pros
there was light duties offered if injured
Cons
wasn't able to see my family as much as I would have liked to
Decent Job for a student
Cashier, Cosmetics, Fashion & Jewellery Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 November 2016
Management sucks. Even when you get prior approval for days off they mark you as absent, best thing to do is take a picture of your signed request form. Department mangers also pawn their work off on you, duty managers are to demanding and force you to complete work in other departments you are unfamiliar with, and they play games of favoritism. You basically have to bribe them to get your vacation time.
Pros
Decent starting job for students
Cons
A productive workplace where helping customers is an asset.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Olds, AB29 November 2016
My experiences at Walmart consisted of Cashier, Customer Service Associate, Customer Service Manager, Department Manager, and Floor Associate.
I have lots of experience assisting customers.
At the moment I am a Cashier and occasionally Customer Service Associate.
As a Customer Service Associate I have learned
- to answer the phone in a professional matter
- trying to stay calm in difficult situations
- do returns;and
- ring orders through the register.

As a Cashier I have learned
-to assist customers with groceries
-offer them a Walmart MasterCard;and
-being patient when the customer is learning to use the interact machine.

My coworkers are pleasant and do the same job as I do.
If have any problems, I know that I can go to a manager for assistants.
Pros
Benefits, Raise once a year
Cons
Wages and hours
Fun and great benefits
Tire and lube express manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
Back room manager for 2 years for Walmart. At times supported 22 associates in automotive dept and sporting good. Work with a dinamic group of people. A variety of different backgrounds.
Pros
10 percent discount on almost everything in the store.
Cons
All times of shifts including over night
walmart
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC28 November 2016
was a good job pay rate benefits where great I don't know why I left the job. was the easiest work ive ever done in my life.great crew to work with also
Pros
was close to home
Cons
night time
Good job for developing my skills in receiving and stocking products
Night Receiver (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 November 2016
In a typical day as the night shift receiver i am responsible for all deliveries which include bread, milk, eggs, chips, pop ect. Making sure the back room is clean and up to Wal Marts standards. Stocking shelves, maintaining communication with management on deliveries are also part of my job. I have a good relationship with my co workers , and management does their best to provide support and training when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i got all my tasks done correctly and safely each night. The worst part of the job is the difficulty in moving upward in the company.
Pros
free muffins from mcdonalds on thursday
Cons
communication
Great working enviroment!
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 November 2016
Great people!
I had a great time working here and met really fun people
Laughed every shift
Schedules come out three weeks in advanced so you can plan out your weeks
Pros
Fun fast past with positive atitudes
Cons
Boxing day
On time and team players
Shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2016
was really good and I like it because I work one year and I know how I can work every were. Fore example I know working picking gans losing and unloaded tracks I can use even forklifts