Walmart

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ok place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: relaxed at times
Cons: different people in management says different things so its gets confusing
Problems here and there with management and everyone not being on the same page. The hours fluctuate too much and instead of giving present employees more hours, they just keep hiring
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 3, 2015
Co workers are amazing to be around
Management is understandable about everything
The hardest part about the job was leaving such a wonderful place
Amazing staff
Cashier (Former Employee), New liskeard, OntMay 2, 2015
i loved working at walmart the customers were great to deal with the hours were great and easy to work with and around management was always understanding . Great atmosphere and a happy place to work at.
Fast-Paced Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Regina NorthMay 1, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of working at the cash register and gain excellent customer service and cash handing experience.
Fun place to work and a very friendly environment.
Overnight stocker and Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 1, 2015
Pros: People will always help you when needed
Cons: As an overnight stocker, you will work when you feel very sleepy
When i worked at Walmart:
- I learned many things such as how to greet customers politely and make sure they are happy when they leave.
- I used to scan and bag items
- I used to stage items and then stack them
- i used to make sure everything is clean at the end of the day when I used to work as a cashier or as an overnight stocker
- Everyone there is very helpful and friendly
- As a cashier: it used to be hard when it was really busy because you have to work really fast.
As an overnight stocker: it was hard the whole time because we used to work from 11 pm to 7 am and we had to make sure everything is ready for the next day.
Stable Work
Second Shift Receiver (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABMay 1, 2015
Clearly identifiable work objectives.
Help offered when needed.
Management is flexible to needs.
Hard work but satisfying results.
Friendly atmosphere.
fun workplace
Receiving Associate, Season Associate (Former Employee), thornhillMay 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at walmart the employees were very nice and the management was competent and I enjoyed working with them.
great work enfironment
Cashier (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 30, 2015
Pros: seasonal
Cons: seasonal
I learned alot from the different co-workers, multi-cultural staff, always helping each other. Management was easy to get along with and to work with. Love interacting with the customers assisting them in any way, bagging purchases, cash/debit/credit purchases
associate
Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 30, 2015
Pros: you get paid
Cons: long hours, little incentive, ask to do more than required hours, and recommends volunteer service outside of availability
made alot of friends at first, not much room for advancement. Not much incentive to work. Very stressful incentive, and long hours are needed.
unloader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2015
check on arriving merchandice, receive , unload ,
people was great just pay check to small,i finished the rock truc operation so can move on on a better job
Great place to work if you are ever in need of part time!
Associate (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible, great support staff, great co-workers.
Cons: Unable to get hours if you need or want them
Wal-mart shocked me, while working there you really feel like a team. If you are looking for a part-time job you really cant go wrong with Wal-mart.

I had to leave because I was in need of more hours and I understood they just couldn't give it to me.
less employee rights
CASHIER (Former Employee), edmontonApril 30, 2015
Pros: more hours
Cons: mastercard
I will never recommend this company to anyone unless if you are desperately in need of money. They will force you to make as much mastercards for them as possible. That's the main reason I hated working there.
Average
Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2015
Walmart can be a good work environments but can get bad if the management team changes constantly. Some managers don't care about the jobs.
Fun working place
Associate in the Dairy Department (Former Employee), Kanata, Terry Fox DriveApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good organization to learn
Cons: Closing hours while in school, no bus route.
I had the opportunity to understand the set up of a Super Centre. My typical day at work consisted of making sure the shelves were well stocked.

I learned to understand what customer service is all about. I learned patience and more listening skills.

My coworkers were a fun group. I even made friends which made my day pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was unloading trucks. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
Fun and exciting job
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 28, 2015
Pros: Stock market savings plan, Benifits
Cons: Low pay, Awkward hours
Working at Walmart was an amazing experience. Everyday on the job could be a little repetitive but that doesn't mean it was boring. When I worked there the management team was great and my co-workers made the job fun and easy to work with customers. I was able to do 3 different types of jobs in Walmart where I saw different experiences and learned from them. I learned how to deal with customers with great joy and respect for each individual, I learned how to unload and sort out trucks full of merchandise in a timely fashion, and I learned how to stock merchandise in it's proper departments so that when valued customers shopped at Walmart, They would find the merchandise they where looking for. The hardest part of the job was when holiday season came around and me and my co-workers had to unload double the regular amount of merchandise of the trucks. Even though the pay could be a little better, The environment was very uplifting and exciting. It brought me great joy to work with the Walmart franchise and I would work with them again.
Productive and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2015
Productive and fun place to work with awesome co-workers. The enjoyable part of the job is if you do it for fun you will enjoy it.
Great Teammates
Sales Floor and Receiving (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 27, 2015
People you work with are great. You always have each others back. Management is always poor and aggressive. I would suggest to find another company first.
Great place to work (if you get the right boss)
Product Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 27, 2015
Pros: Possibility to work at home
Cons: Very long hours during last quarter (holiday season)
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating something new and working on projects. There were great avenues of learning and most of the bosses are understanding and helpful.
Dairy Clerk
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2015
I enjoy working for walmart unfortunately I am not getting enough hours, would like to work fulltime in a different field of work that walmart cannot offer me.
Productive and Fun Workplace Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 27, 2015
Good experience both summers that I worked here.

Developed skills in customer service and teamwork while working here.

Very good overall experience working here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more