Walmart
40,237 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace but stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Scarborough ONJanuary 23, 2015
It's a fun environment to work in except for the time when there is a shortage of staff and long line ups. Great for a part time job. Co-workers are fun to work around and you get to meet some really great customers and at the same time some really rude ones which is pretty common in a retail environment.
team oriented
Accounting Office Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: distance from home to work and terrible bus service
i was trained for one month before going to do a setup at the new store.
interesting place to work
Sales Clerk,Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad hours
It was an ok place to work.Allways doing something different every day.
accounting associate
ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Thompson, MBJanuary 22, 2015
handling clients with showing best option of products.
learned to follow up clents and understanding their requirements
handling cash , atm services, charge account. and finalizing the bussiness.
A pretty good place to work with mostly responsible managers
Dairy worker (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: mostly good managers, helpful coworkers, consistent work
Cons: bad scheduling, needed more training for new employees
I often worked at 5 AM at Walmart (South) stocking the dairy section. I also worked the late shift until 11 PM often. It was at this job that I learned how to use the mobile computer and the pallet jack. For the most part my coworkers were friendly and helpful, as were the managers. Unfortunately the schedule was a mess, and often times employees were booked to work until 11 PM, with a 5 AM shift booked the next day. The managers seemed overworked a lot of the time as well, and often seemed to have many problems to deal with. The hardest part about this job was memorizing were all the products were in the store so that I could accurately help customers with what they needed, but I got the hang of it. It might have been useful for it to have been included in the training though.
Good starting job and experience
Cashier (Former Employee), KitchenerJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: very reasonable break hours
Cons: the emotional strain you can get after constantly dealing with rude customers, pressured to promote mastercard to every customer
- Even though I was on a cash I got to do multiple jobs throughout the store and increased my knowledge and skills

- Really nice coworkers

- Understanding management when it came to personal time off

- Enjoyed working the closing shifts more than the mornings because of the managers who worked at that time

- Hardest part of the job would be handling rude comments made by customers who were taking out their bad day on you

- Staff becomes more of a family than coworkers after a while

- Met amazing friends working there
Interesting to say the least
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: low pay in retail
I enjoyed my time on overnights as a stocker in the freezer, pets, sports, and hardware automotive.
I switched to early mornings and went to stock produce.
When I left the store manager Ray told me that my job is there if i decide to return.
Productive Environment
Customer Service Specialist and Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Assisting customers with direction of departments
Return and/or exchanging merchandise
Keep a clean register as well as a safe department
Consistently greeting customers and bagging their items
Handling debit, cash and credit card transactions
Insuring customers are aware of the stores credit card and listing its benefits
well organised and really respectful work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schulde
Cons: low wage and less hpurs
I have learnt a lot from this organisation. I gained some interpersonal skills. I have improved my communication skills. learnt how to tackle with the problems regarding the customer service.
A day in a cashiers life
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: decent breaks
Cons: standing on your feet for hours
At walmart I was a cashier, the job includes checking people out, asking if their shopping trip was ok. Making sure our work area was clean and tidy as well as pulling in customers to cash them out. I enjoyed meeting new people and having a good conversation with my costumers.My co workers were awesome, I had a lot of friends there, a lot of people I went to high school with.
Brampton Walmart was a fun happy place to work Belleville the moral of the staff is bad
retail customer service manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: short shifts no hours and always worring about how to pay bills
ive worked for Walmart for 18.5 years . Since i moved to Belleville the store is so different no chance for advancement favoritism etc . Walmart isnt for me anymore this store has made me feel this way.
What to Expect as a Walmart Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Carleton Place, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, meet new people, learn new things, hear stories, socialize
Cons: exhausting, stressful, requires physical endurance
Walmart cashiers operate cash registers at the front of the stores, greeting customers warmly as they make purchases. They scan all items, process cash, check and credit card transactions and deactivate security devices on bags and items purchased. During busy periods, baggers are usually available to help the cashier pack and load customers' purchases in carts; otherwise, you must do the honors. As a Walmart cashier, you maintain the required amounts of cash in your registers and request price checks when necessary. You also verify customers' ages when they buy restricted merchandise such as beer or wine. Cleaning work areas and returning merchandise to shelves and racks are other responsibilities of the Walmart cashier.

Walmart cashiers work mornings, afternoons or evenings, depending on their typical hours. As a Walmart cashier, you may alternate days and evenings during the week, or work an occasional holiday. Cashier work can be exhausting and stressful, as you're constantly standing and assisting hordes of demanding customers each shift. You may often find yourself yearning for that first break of the day. But all around, it can be fast paced, (especially around the holidays), or slower watching paint dry, its a friendly environment – and customers make it so interesting. People have a lot of amazing stories.
Accounting Associate
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), BramptonJanuary 17, 2015
This position has given me tremendous experience in the accounting sector. The daily work for this position includes compliance with company policies and procedures while finalizing the daily business, completing and preparing deposits for bank. I have gained a great deal of knowledge while working as an Accounting Associate. The management at Walmart does an exceptional job at providing all the appropriate resources needed to perform the job most efficiently and effectively.
The co-workers are very competent in their area of work as the Human resource department makes sure only the best personnel is hired.
I enjoyed all the aspects of the job but particularly the investigation of the shortages and overages were attractive to me.
Hands on
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Thunder BayJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: not enough training.
i learned to stock shelves correctly, using the UPC's and brand types. I learned how to use a cashier in two days, was hard to understand at first, then when put to the test, it was handled well.
Good Company
Part-Time Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Wal-Mart is a fun and good company to work for. Customer Service and satisfaction is their number one priority. Their charity work gives back to the community helping the ones in need.
clean workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABJanuary 15, 2015
scan itims, bagging itims,take money, I like to welcome the customer on my tilt and give him a great shopping experience
Nice place to work
Warehouse Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Good working environment and helpful co workers. Fast paced work environment. Great starting salary and overall a good experience.
Nice place to work
as follows
jewellery specialist/ cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 10 % staff discount, pleasant coowerkers
Cons: very long hours, and not always clean working enviroment
- working in two alternative shifts-7am to 3:30 pm or from 3: 30 to 11 pm/ my schedule gives me mostly closing shifts
- working by myself expect some overlapping hours with department manager on Tuesdays
-recently according new trend to reduce workers hours - the hardest part of job is when managers are sending customers with their purchases to be served in my very limited counter space at jewelry counter
-most enjoyable part is when I am able to help customers in their choices of merchandises and when they are leaving very satisfied and very thankful
- I am very satisfied with my colleques in work, as well my direct manager and coworkers'
just a place to gain experience
Stock Associate/Member safety team (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work would involve hustling, you would definitely meet people who will come and go. high rate of employee turnover, you will meet some nice co-worker. One benefit of a part-time work is the 10% off any item you purchase from the store.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more