Walmart

57.9K reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great co-workers and I was really able to develop social interaction skills while I was working at Walmart.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Most customers were happy when leaving. I was treated fairly and was able to work freely. They were very understanding and the pay was fair enough.
Fun place
Photo Lab Technician and Floor Associate (Current Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Forgetful Managers
Very energetic staff and managers. Its great to invest into a company and many people did. There is one downside to working with so many friendly faces, sometimes bringing issues up go unresolved because of friendships.
very demanding on staff
Inventory Controller (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: allot of hours
Cons: not respectful of employees
Wall Mart is a very demanding environment and often may not treat their employees with proper respect.
Typical day would be following daily routine, what I have learned is that expectations are not rational management is not always properly trained and not always professional the co workers are nice and respect you and the hardest part of the job is dealing with unrealistic expectations the most enjoyable part of job is having co worker support or internal customer support and then going home.
productive and good working enviroment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: very polite and friendly enviroment with fellow employees
Cons: constantly changing in the number of hours per week
i learned alot while working at walmart not only about the retail industry but how to communicate with a variety of customers with different backgrounds. nothing makes me feel happier than when a customer is happy and i know that ive done the best i can do.
Very Friendly Co-Workers and Managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Gander, NLFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day working as a cashier at Walmart, was pretty good, you could work anywhere from a four hour shift to a eight hour shift. What i learned the most about at the wlamart located in Gander, was to treat the customer with the upmost respect and how to properly deal with a conflicting situation with a customer. The management was great, they would always help you out if you needed it, whether it be training or with a personal matter. If you needed any time off they would often go out of their way to get those hours covered for you. I got along with my coworkers fine, they were very nice and friendly, as a cashier should be. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with an upset customer, sometimes the customer can get very upset and say some awful things, but as a cashier you must know how to deal with situation like these properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that when you got to work, were would be an amazing group of coworkers there to work with
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
People are great at Walmart, they care about their employees. Only thing to make this a better place would be a raise....
Choose someone else
Nght dairy/freezer stocker (Former Employee), Penticton, BCFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: PAY ON TIME
Cons: DON'T REALLY PAY A FAIR WAGE.
Everyone expects you to do their job. They do pay on time. I actually had a mistake on my roe and wrote head office which did correct it and apologized. This was incompetence at local office. Keep your pay stubs.
Great work enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 7, 2016
The management team is great! They support the staff and reward us for positive work. They have great team environment which makes coming to work a treat.
Horrible place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 6, 2016
It was hard work with low pay;
Terrible management that took advantage of regular employees;
No benefits
No Union protection

Not a good place to work
terrible work environment!
Deli clerk /produce (Former Employee), walmart north lethbridgeFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything from low pay to being alone for long periods of time .
Walmart is a terrible place to work ! . Low pay ,and when you apply , you undergo an orientation session ,where they promise you the world! . not true at all . And now it has gotten a lot worse since I have worked there . For me you have hit rock bottom when you work at Walmart .
Good working environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Long Hours Shifts, 10 hrs a day.
I have never faced any kind of discrimination among the old and new employees. Both were dedicated to achieve their target and provide hands on to each other when needed.
Nice Experience
Associate (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 4, 2016
It was a friendly environment, people were nice to work with, management was fair. Some days were fast past and some days were slow. The enjoy able part of the job was the people and getting to learn new things.
learning experience
Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: free cookies
my day usually was checking out the production plan and design weekly production. check, maintain and fill the display table and asile. Make sure promotional item are well stocked on floor and in back. communicating with customers regarding any product information or order placment. weekly meeting with mamngement and co workers regarding promotion or shifts. Most enjoable part is baking and cake decoration. Some times the difficult task is dealing withr egular customer if there product has been out of stock for long time.
Not bad, But not good
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: Not appreciated
Walmart suffers from a severe lack of communication, and does not realize what it is to be Loss Prevention, and management will always try yo act as Loss Prevention.
great people, issues with management
Bakery sales associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours, no communication
Walmart was a very interesting place to work with great people. however their is a huge communication barrier between management and the associates. I have requested time off countless times only for it to be completely ignored along with my availability. They also had a big issue with people calling in sick and countless employees have been written up because they were sick.
A day in the life
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Helping people
Cons: hardly any hours
i take care of the fresh and froven department. I take care of the price changes, sales floor counts and backroom counts. I also reserve products such as milk and eggs etc. i also do all the ordering of the milk and eggs etc.I work well with my co-workers.I also work well alone. I show excellent customer service to all my customers
i have learned alot of great things from our management team.
Very Productive Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Dress down days/ Free lunches
Cons: Long, busy hours
A typical day working at Walmart consists of a constant flow of customers and clean up. It is a naturally busy environment but the co-workers that are on your team are always there working side by side with you. The management team is split up into their own departments which makes it easier to understand who to go to when you need something done, or have something specific to talk about. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work load on busy days if we are low on associates, but is easy to catch up once the crowd slows. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with all types of people; associates, managers and customers. I have learned a lot working in retail, I have been able to learn how to work in a quick paced environment, how to handle money and cash registers, and how to properly stock product in a proper manner.
Supportive work environment
Stock Person (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2016
quite busy and fast-paced work environment. People are nice but work can be challenging at times due to the busy schedule and the amount of work.
Cashier and Customer service
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I am currently working at Walmart as a cashier and provide customer service to customers. I enjoy working for this company. My co workers are very friendly. I enjoy working with people on a daily basis.
Safe and productive work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: low staff
Staff was very easily to get along with
Management was very fair
I learned quick and efficient skills in handling sales
Hardest part of my job was the constant busy days, very few slow days.
Yet that was the most enjoyable because it always kept me working and occupied.
Headquarters