Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,688 reviews matching the search
Pay is poor, managment is poorly organized but the people are nice
Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 June 2017
All that stuff that was stated above only stressing that the amount of employees is small and it hurts the overall production in the day making night guys have to care twice the workload
Pros
Met the girl of my dreams there
Cons
She tore my heart out
A good learning experience
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 June 2017
I worked as an electronics sales representative which required a basic knowledge of everything in the department as well as working in every other department in the store. I learned how to process photos, activate cellular contracts, sell ammunition properly, help people find the plants that they need and how to use a cash register.
Pros
Very good learning opportunity
decent place to work
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2017
As much as people hate on Wal-Mart it's actually not a bad place to work, mind you the pay is on the low end, I worked in the automotive department and was either helping customers, stocking shelves or conducting oil changes.
Do your job, don't steal and don't instigate altercations with irate customers and your pretty much set.
Pros
work environment, lots of support when needed.
Cons
part time, odd hours, lots of mandatory availability for part time hours
Ok Employer
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia20 June 2017
No real room for advancement, but it is a job, and it pays money. Not much money, but better than nothing, I guess. Management is generally clueless though.
Productive, tiring place to work
Merchandise and Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2017
Management was very horrible. You get enough breaks so that's a plus. Always needed to work both days of the weekend. You can't book off any days during the busy blacked out days.
walmart review
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC20 June 2017
Walmart is an okay place to work. They give you the hours you want/need, but also give the option to get more hours. I think there is a need for new management along with the changes that are happening. Telling employees that they should quit their job, and give long, hard talks for sometimes hours on end about "productivity" should not be happening. On multiple occasions I found myself leaving work in tears because of how we are treated. For the first 6 months none of my supervisors knew my name and barely acknowledged me.
Pros
great hours
Cons
managment
very unorganized and too many supervisor/managment on in a shift and not helpful enough.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB20 June 2017
When I worked at Walmart I found there were too many management staff on that where very helpful when store was busy but rushed us. I was one of the top 3 cashiers who worked quickly with a 100% balanced cash drawer on every shift.
Good Temporary Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC20 June 2017
Wal-Mart is one of the worlds most prolific retailers, which means your likeliness to receive a job is high, however your satisfaction thereof will be low. Typically you will be thrust in to a position with little to no training and there will consistently not be enough staff in the store. Scheduling is often highly flexible, though, so if you need a second job or are currently in school then they can make it work.
Management can be both fantastic or down-right oppressive, depending on their personality. There are few management positions so do not expect rapid advancement.
Your fellow staff often redeem the job as the friendships you form bring you closer together and make non-ideal conditions bearable.
Pros
Scheduling, Fellow employees.
Cons
Consistent insufficient training and staffing.
Its Walmart
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 June 2017
The job is very easy, although when you are a cashier your responsibilities are scanning product, counting your cash at the end of the day and sell sell sell that mastercard.

I have worked as a cashier in many places, but this job gave you no authority. You couldn't do anything like open your cash, over ride a price, scan too many coupons without getting approval by your CSM. this makes you feel like a child.

Great place to make a little extra cash, 100% not a position for long term employment.

They are completely negative on you for not making ideal sales on their master card, as well as give you beads and incentive's like you could wear your jeans, or wear a coloured shirt if you were making good sales.

I quit because of my manager. She was a negative to all employees, and I got income I needed but I wouldn't work more then as a second job.
Pros
easy job
Cons
selling their mastercard
Very poor employer
Bakery and Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 June 2017
Very poor place to work. More managers than workers. Unless you can get full time, 12 hrs or at their discretion a week does not pay bills. They will schedule you for 3 hrs. a day, does not pay for gas to get to work.
Pros
Cons
Many
belle expérience
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  saint-dorothé20 June 2017
le fait que j'ai travailler dans un grand magasin comme walmart m'a appris plusieurs pour mes prochaines opportunités.
stressfull to work with
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
Fun to work with co workers. Management not very approachable. Salary not enjoyable. They usually cut hours. the hardest part is when you are not done with your own department and they want you to work in other department and when your own department is and mess they well blame you.
Très bien, mais parfois non-respect des disponibilités de l'employé.
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières-Ouest, QC20 June 2017
J'ai bien aimé l'ambiance et l'encadrement offert par l'équipe Walmart. Les seuls inconvénients:

1. Suivis peu fréquent des points à améliorer, seulement une rencontre au 3 mois.

2. Non-respect des disponibilités de l'employé.
Pros
équipe altruiste et dynamique
Cons
non-respect des disponibilités de l'employé
Fun and welcoming work environment
WIRELESS SALES REPRESENTATIVE OSL (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON19 June 2017
The work environment was very welcoming and fun to work in. All the employees and management work to push you up and move you forward in your career as well as provide moral support for personal issues as well.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
sometimes work is repetitive
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 June 2017
My time at Walmart has been a really great. It has the perfect balance between great experience and fun workplace. The management team is exceptional.
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
Gets busy on weekends
i enjoyed my position, I had a position that worked with my schedule
Invoicing Assoc. (Former Employee) –  Peace River19 June 2017
I was back office support when I gave my notice. I was moving and would no longer be able to full fill my position. I was the invoicing associate in back office. I worked in con-operation with receiving. I tracked inventory and completed work requests from head office daily. I had good managers. I liked every part of my position. I love working with people.
Pros
benefit programs, stock options
Cons
bad wages
Lots of Opportunity
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2017
Walmart Canada Co is a very fast paced working environment. With a lot of opportunity to move around and experience different job positions and people.
night associate
Night Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2017
I enjoyed working on night shift. We worked at our own pace as long as we completed all of our skids of merchandise, management was happy with the staff. I worked with a lot of friendly people.
good learning experience.
Auto Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2017
good management. they understand the employees

ok work environment

good team members

very good work schedule

hardest part is dealing with some customers.
Great People, Okay Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
Met great people, who soon became friends after 2 years of working for the company. Flexible hours when in school, but sometimes not understanding of personal life. A lot of favouritism, not many possibilities of advancing. Good part-time student job.
Pros
Yearly Bonus, Holiday Snacks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval