Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,498 reviews matching the search
Process Oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON21 May 2017
Process oriented workplace, not overly people driven.
Performance driven towards profit and KPIs.
Militant workplace culture.
Lack of work life balance
Interesting and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2017
Excellent Process for training both computer related and customer service related
Supervisors were very professional and very hands on with any assistance one needed
Pros
Good hours and benefits
Cons
Packing
If you have the opportunity... run the other way fast.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2017
As a driver, one would be expected to be paid overtime at the "driver rate." You are paid as if you are working inside the store and then a "driver's premium" is tacked on. Then if you run into overtime on the road as is frequently the case your overtime rate is not calculated on the driver rate but as if you are working inside. Ripoff!

For the first two or three hours of my shift I was expected to work inside helping gather and sort totes full of grocery orders. Huh? If I wanted to work inside a building, I would not have applied to be a grocery driver!

Too much responsibility and too much work for the amount that is paid.
Pros
The drivers that I worked with.
Cons
Long hours and unreasonable expectations for what you are paid.
Nightshift
reno, stocking,maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS19 May 2017
I was hired as renovation worker 1st, then transferred to overnight stocker when store reno completed, and then transferred to maintenance, nightshift
Pros
Smoke breaks & lockers, nice coworkers
Cons
company policies
Favorite of my past employers
Cashier/ Cosmetics and jewelry sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 May 2017
Walmart was an awesome place to work , easy to understand tasks and till operation. Responsibility given to all employees and weekly non mandatory meetings for anyone who would like to give insight on how they think the company could improve and/or how the individual store could advance and be the best. Great team environment with managers that focus on interpersonal relationships with employees.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Covering 4 departments when too many people call in
walmart sucks
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
walmart is the biggest exploiter of workers in Canada. Their management is poorly trained and horrible to work for. They have the lowest wages in all retail.
Great Learning experience 8/10
Electronics assosiate; Frozen/fresh stocker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
This was my first job and I wasn't to sure what to expect. But i found everyday exciting and a new experience. At walmart the employees like to think of themselves as a family, and it was portrayed in the work.
Pros
Paid 15 min breaks
Cons
Managers micromanage you
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC18 May 2017
Fast paced and constant changes. Great place to work. Benefit packages available as well as stock options.Profit sharing and deferred profit sharing as well.
Sales associate in the electronics department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
good place work for, the work place has up and downs. Sometimes long hours, more work and busy hours .Also sometimes the store often to be less busy and less work
walmart
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON18 May 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at walmart, my associates were easy to work with and very work oriented, it was something new everyday and the management team was very supportive.
Okay place to work
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  Temiskaming Shores, ON18 May 2017
It's an okay place to work but i don't see it as a career. Management is as friendly as management can be and co-workers are all nice.
no benefits for part-time workers
Pros
lots of work to be done
Cons
pay
Productive and fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2017
Enjoyed interaction with customers and staff. Time went by fast when store busy. Offered best shopping experience to customers. Enjoyed my position.
Pros
flexible shifts
NEVER work at Walmart
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2017
If you are looking for a workplace that will emotional and physically exhaust you, then Walmart is the place for you.

Do you enjoy being repetitively disrespected and treated unfairly from management then Walmart is the place for you.

If you think management should abuse their power and continuously threaten you to preform work outside of your job description and install unjust and ridiculous rules, then Walmart is the place for you.

Not only will management treat you like garbage but so will the customers, and management will never support you
Pros
guaranteed hours
Cons
everything else
Calm place with mostly friendly people
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Napanee, ON18 May 2017
Walmart has mainly friendly and supportive people working for their company with strong rules and ways of the job. Management is nice, although they don't always go through with what they say. Average hours per week are workable, but poor shift lengths.
Pros
Paid breaks and training
Fast paced environment, communication is key
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 May 2017
My shift was strictly from 3-11:30 with no rotation of weekends or day shifts. I would get to work at 3 and stat unloading a truck, after the truck was unloaded you were to stock all the items from the truck in a given time. Management was terrible as they never work with their employees strength and weaknesses. Hard work is rarely appreciated.
Busy workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 May 2017
Day starts by punching in and getting to register beforehand and starting right away without setting up properly. Customer service managers are not efficient enough to be able to handle staff. Management not helpful, and are not easily accessible.
Good place to work with great people.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON17 May 2017
Walmart is a good company to work for. The staff is super friendly and definitely makes it a good place to work. I worked in the Cosmetics Department and then stepped up to Housewares and Furniture. A typical day in the life for me is working my perpetual inventory screen, price changes, merchandizing, providing a clean and well stocked department(s)/ and store, responding to customer requests, maintaining a safe and clean work area.

The hardest part of the job is probably being understaffed. It makes it difficult to complete all that is required of me. However, I always strive for the best and try to complete everything in my day.
Pros
Friendly staff, good hours.
Cons
Underpaid, understaffed.
it was fun
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 May 2017
the people were great, the management were great. there are no raises and no chance of advancement. the work was easy even tho there was a deadline each night.
Fun and Friendly, and super flexible
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2017
Every one is super helpful and helps one another. Customers are usually talkative and friendly, and some have interesting stories. Hours are flexible, from 7am to 11pm. They are willing to give more hours if you need them. There's also a discount card you get after probation (3 months), as well as a second card for your spouse/family. Dozens of companies pair with Walmart to give discounts across a variety of discounts or deals; from phones, to cars, to gym memberships.
Pros
Discount card, friendly staff, lots of available help, discounts paired with other companies, room for growth, hires from within first
Cons
might work all weekend, disgruntled customers
excitment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2017
The job was exciting, my first one at the time and i enjoyed every moment of it. I believe that Walmart is a great place to start working and i would recommend it for anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.