Walmart Employee Reviews

Nice place to work helping staff and management
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 October 2017
nice place to work but standing long time is hard. Management is helping , friendly environment , learned a lot how to work in a fast pace environment.
Pretty good until end of my career at Walmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB21 October 2017
I loved working there till I got a new manager who’s was rude to every one. I tried moving to a different area but they wouldn’t let me move so I left my job.
Pros
Staff are amazing
Cons
One manager was so rude to us associates
Love my job
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON20 October 2017
I love my job here, most customers are great which makes the day great! The management is good. Easy job and good work environment. Many benefits and flexible hours.
positive working environment
Associate in Walmart (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 October 2017
Its really good and positive working environment. Really liked to work in team and still learning. Working hours are flexible and Walmart having really diverse environment.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
long travel time
overall great place
cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2017
Walmart gave me the chances to better my customer experiences skills,i would recommend Walmart as a first job,they challenge you and push you to do your best and they are very patient and understanding.
Pros
good breaks
Great First Start
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB18 October 2017
Walmart was my very first job and it definitely helped a lot with learning how to interact with customers! I was a cashier and felt it was a very quick to learn, good job. The day would go buy pretty fast, management and training were good. Flexible hours, set breaks, good pay. Overall a very good learning experience and first job.
Pros
Hours/Breaks, Pay
Coworkers are respectful.
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC18 October 2017
Career advancements is a bit of an exaggeration. Management acts like children. Being a hard working part time associate I hoped to get that career advancement but when a new worker came to work with me he didn't like it and was able to transfer immediately, I applied for 8 different positions including 2 department manager positions and was denied all. When my department manager left for 2 weeks, I was left to basically run 2 departments by myself plus abit of meats.
Pros
competative wage, honest breaks, respectful co workers
Cons
Immature Management, unorganized dairy/freezer bins
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2017
They treat their employees very well, and know when to give them a break. Everyone is treated equally and they train everyone to make sure they are comfortable before being alone.
Horrible
Sales Associate / Unloader (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 October 2017
Management does not respect its associates and consistently schedueles on non available days expecting you to come in or get written up. Only care about the money being made and think its associates are robots
Atmosphère propice au travail
Electronics Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
Wal Mart forme ses employés constamment et permet qu'ils soient toujours à jour dans les informations concernant le milieu de travail. Dans une journée typique, on clock in, se dirige ensuite vers nos postes, puis on fait la tache assignée, les pauses sont données à un temps raisonnables et sinon, elles sont payés. Beaucoup de rabais à l'intérieur de l'entreprise et dans d'autres établissements également.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Renvoie annuel d'une quantité d'employés pour aucune raison apparente
work atmospehre was not good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2017
Even though I was an employee at Walmart for a extended period of time, it was not an ideal work environment. The treatment of employees was not ideal.
Decent pay, decent coworkers but TERRIBLE management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON17 October 2017
Didn't mind working there, loved working there with some people but ultimately the terrible management Walmart continues to employ drove me away and the same result with many others. Their attitude in the workplace is ridiculous, often would just tell you orders to hear their voice or because half of them are tyrants. Most enjoyable part? The people you work with and the customers are quite interesting. The worst part? Easily the management. How some of them even get into a management position is beyond me. Would I recommend? Sure if you like to get bossed around by people who don't have a clue what they are talking about.
Pros
Long lunches, decent pay, coworkers
Cons
Management, Management, Management
If you know what you are doing, the work becomes very easy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2017
A typical day at work would be zoning, doing returns and helping customers. Listen to what the managers have to say and apply them to your work. Getting to know your co-workers tends to be nice, gets you along with them, and so you can rely on them if you end up needing a bit help.
High energy teams, hard working associates.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB17 October 2017
Working at Wal-Mart was a great way to meet new people, very easy going team members and an enjoyable way to learn new skills. the managers were very understanding and had a very hard work ethic, keeping a balanced work place environment and very organized.
Pros
Hard working associates and the discount is a bonus.
Great job but terrible management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 October 2017
I love the job the majority of the time because of the people I met through it and how the environment was; However the management is absolutely terrible.
Cons
management
Overall good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC17 October 2017
Walmart was a
Very good place to work. The managers were very friendly and understanding and so were the other co-workers. Not much room for advancement. I found the pay could have been better for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Amazing management.
Cons
No room for advancement
Needs to have more positive management
Administrative manager/Compliance manager (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB16 October 2017
Working with the associates gave me great pleasure but some of the management team made the job harder. There needs to be a more positive focus from management when dealing with the associates in the store I was located in. Walmart as a company has great benifits and does a lot for the communities they are located in.
Pros
Associates
Cons
Negativity
fun co-workers
Pharmacy Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 October 2017
Working for Walmart was just another part-time experience. My hours were steady and the wage was minimum. Most of the staff were nice. management needs work.
Its.....Walmart. What else can i say?
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT15 October 2017
Its Walmart. What else can I say? Politics, gossip, good stores, bad stores, good management, bad management. The right people can make the difference, I find that Walmart attracts a lot of the wrong people.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia15 October 2017
Developing a business plan that suits your purposes means tailoring a subject to your audience. Sometimes that can mean eliminating a section that isn’t applicable to your current project. If you’re writing this chapter for an internal business plan, you could approach writing a company overview as a status update on the company. How did you get to where you are today? Who is currently in
good
good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.