Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great environment
Inventory Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Inventory receiving and review of packaging slips to ensure all inventory was received accurately
Operating power material handling equipment to move loads as necessary
Stocking inventory to shelves for customer displays
Organizing stock in the backroom for future requirements
Friendly co-workers
Limited staff and training
Department Manager (Current Employee), CanadaMay 1, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Hours, compensation, Work conditions
Understaffed stores where existing staff is expected to maintain and advance store abilities.

Management communications with staff is limited based on individual managers focus requirements.

Unfortunately it is a typical retail experience in Canada
Exciting workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Challenging and exciting. Work day goes by very fast.
Cons: Can be stressful at times.
Walmart challenges an employee to be productive and develop useful interpersonal skills needed not only on the job, but in all aspects of life. There is seldom a dull moment working for this company.
Wonderful place to work
Sales floor associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 1, 2016
Pros: We do BBQs
Cons: Not the flexible with availability
I truly enjoyed working at Walmart.
I worked in the Auto motive department.
I was always learning new thing everyday.
Only company I know of that gives there employees a discount. And you get profit shares. Great group of people to work with and learn from.
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee), Barrhaven, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Working with Other people.
Cons: Traffic jams
At Walmart pushing carts cleaning washrooms was not my specialty I wanted to move up but it was turned down all the time. I preferred to work as a merchandiser since I had more experience.
Super Experience
Super Center IT Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
Its been great working here,with great work environment and supportive team.I have learned a lot here with work and had great experience working here
I was a Warehouse/Backroom employee at walmart canada
Day Time Associate (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Low Pay
I really enjoyed working at Walmart, there hours were great and the management there was always good to there employees.
Great Environment To Work In
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Not enough employees
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Walmart. On a typical shift I would be in charge of restocking the department or departments I was assigned to for that day. My co-workers at Walmart were all very hard working and were very easy to get along and work with.
Good Times
Department Manager (Current Employee), Stittsville, ONApril 30, 2016
Walmart is a fun place to work. Good staff, busy schedule. Time Management is the key to success if you want to move up in this business.
Outgoing environment, with little possibilities to display potential
Customer Service/ Department Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of routine procedures that had to be carried out daily. As a department manager, I had ensure that price changes were done on time, trailer listings were checked for shortages, the department had to be stocked with merchandise, and my customer service skills were put to the test everyday. I acquired a vast amount of knowledge working for this company. Over the past 10+ years, I grew as a person gaining patience, understanding, and exemplary customer service skills that have helped me in all aspects of my life. The management was approachable and helpful, yet close-minded. The coworkers understood each other, and made the atmosphere comfortable. By far, the hardest part of the job was standing for 7+ hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the everyday customers, and being appreciated by them for all the hard work I did.
Good workplace environment and friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Repetitive work
Greet and cash out customers. Help customers apply for the Wal-Mart Mastercard. Hardest part of the job was the long hours of standing and doing repetitive work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers and talking to them.
Very unorganized workplace. No structure.
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCApril 29, 2016
Pros: great fellow employees
Cons: worst manged store I've ever seen.
A typical day at work was not typical in any way. I never knew from one minute to the next if I was going to be able to complete my task at hand before I was told to leave it and go onto another. Once pulled from said task, the manager that had originally put me on it would come yelling at me as to why I didn't finish what he asked before moving on to present task. It was all very stressful and there was no way in those conditions, to do my job to a satisfactory level. I felt I was being purposely pushed out due to my physical disabilities that made it hard to place me during renovations.
treat you like garbage
Deli Worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: no pros, you make friends i guess
Cons: work you like a dog, pay is horrible
Depends on the owner , the store i worked at was unfair, you had to be a certain race to get what you want, they dont care that you have school, they take advantage and make you work alot of shifts, the pay isnt worth the work you do
Fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), AgincourtMallApril 28, 2016
Pros: Profit shareing
Cons: mandatory every weelend
Very challenging
how to better provide customer service
very helpful and knowledgeable at there jobs
eager to help when needed
Keeping up with all the returns
Meeting new people
Busy and productive
Deli Associate (Current Employee), HamiltonApril 28, 2016
Pros: Well deserved breaks, when I could take them
Cons: working alone, poor management
Friendly environment, but is very stressful and dreadful. I was able to learn simple tasks in terms of, cooking, cleaning and customer service skills.
productive fast pace workplace
Customer service specialist (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCApril 28, 2016
Pros: flexibleon when im able to take my lunch breaks
Cons: short shifts
A typical day while working at Wal-Mart consisted of making sure the cash register was balanced before the store opened, making sure the shelves were stocked and making sure they stayed tidy as well as serving customers at the cash register and providing information about our products..
Productive environment with great resources
Produce Stocker (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: Great solid company with good values.
Cons: heavy lifting
My day consisted with the interaction of the pharmacy/optical teams and store management team. A typical day would be to coach, teach and review operational and financial activities.
On my store visits I would include interacting with the staff and providing direction on merchandising and professional issues.
The enjoyable part of the job allowed me to be independent and interact with the many people that worked in the front store and other departments.
The hardest part of the job was to try and visit more stores on a regular basis due to the geographic size of the district.
Fun workplace with a great team
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Maple, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: Exceptional hours, bonuses
Working behind the customer service desk at Walmart has given me a great deal of experience in management. I have been able to pick up a variety of skills to handle customer complaints in many ways. The management team was a great team to work with every shift.
its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Leduc, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: free lunch some days
Cons: boring
I was on till all day every day and it was alright but most of the people were older and did not work very hard so it got annoying
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2016
I am a part time cashier at Walmart. I was not able to travel due to my circumstances so i joined Walmart in 2015 so i could stay close to home.
Headquarters