Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,721 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
My job in Walmart is as a customer service representative, I really enjoy working there, as I use to get great conversation skills and use to work with a variety of people.the work culture is really amazing .
Pros
free lunches
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2017
Had the opportunity to develop a new training program and introduced a lot of new ideas to them for the employees training new employees in other stores across the province
Pros
fun
Cons
location
Busy yet Enjoyable workplace
Mississauga Rd- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 February 2017
When working at Walmart, it was always busy. Since it wasn't a grocery store, but a supercentre, there were a lot more complications occurring, and a lot more work being done. Working at Walmart has taught me how to handle situations better, take great responsibility for my mistakes, become a more hardworking individual and work well with a team. When it came to management, there were issues that needed to be fixed, but unfortunately weren't. Working at Walmart encourages you to develop the mentality that customers are always right and Integrity is key. The hardest part about the job was handling some customers seeing as a lot of them put up fights for a variety of different reasons. Now, I have learned how to professionally overcome those obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with outgoing customers, and making great friends in the workplace.
Pros
Discount on everything
Cons
Long/ extra hours
Horrible Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2017
No one ever work for Walmart. The pay and benefits are terrible, management is a joke. Worst years of my life. I will never work in big-box retail again because of my horrible experiences here.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
There's no such a typical day at this job. Everyday could be different. It could not-so-busy or very busy.

My colleagues are fun to work with especially if you get to know what it's like to work with them.

The only downside would be, the management wants you to have a very flexible availability but they won't guarantee you the part time hours (20-27 hours).
working as a manager
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2017
Working at walmart ia a fun and fulfilling place. there is never a boring moment working there. The staff are friendly and love working. We love that there are opportunity to improve your skills and learn
good job to work at
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 February 2017
your schedule would be very flexible and the job is very good for a high school job I would definitely recommend this as an essiental
Pros
breaks. badges.
Cons
lot alot of perks
great
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
training in all the areas and people be working with in the floor. long hours if you have good performance and great diversity in environment. helpful managers
Pros
20% discount
Cons
public ignorence
good
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON17 February 2017
good place to work but like most places is has its slow season but if you can weather the storm there are lots of hours. good people and challenging work depending where your are. keeps you in shape.
fun and easy
Fitting Room Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON16 February 2017
lots of fun
bad management, rude
easy job
everything is simple to learn
not alot of training
lots of multitasking
always something new to do or learn
high turnover means you get to meet lost of new people
lots of customers
fast paced
For beginner jobs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2017
Walmart really didn't care about their employees. They would take forever to answer questions or help us. They didn't understand if we had issues. They also played favorites a lot.
not the worst place i have worked. :)
Courtesy Desk/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON16 February 2017
Not the worst place I have worked. I have years of management experience but, BUT, I cannot get a management position. Was told I need to "put" my time in. Doesn't seem like a good business model to me.
Wal-Mart does not have many full time employees, good job for people who need a second income or are going to school.

I have found there is a lot of "passing the buck" and it flows down. No ownership by management. if you need a job this one is as good as any.
Pros
a generous Employee Discount Programs : phone/ internet - hotels etc.
Cons
no full time hours. Have to hustle to get 35 hours a week
Team effort to achieve customer satisfaction and optimum product stocking
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Current Employee) –  Dundas & Dixie,Mississauga, ON16 February 2017
At Walmart, associates in my department are driven to unload consumer goods off a truck and are then assigned to respective departments to proceed with stocking.

Team work is essential in Walmart and helping customers is a norm at the store.

The management is good and quite professional when delegating tasks to associates.

The workplace is filled with people of all ages from various walks of life. Conversations are light & friendly with an ultimate goal of completing tasks on hand and trying to help customers or other associates.

Sometimes trying to stock a heavy load of goods is not easy and time management plays a big role. This may not always work to an associates advantage thereby leaving jobs pending.

The job I currently work on involves a lot of physical activity which I enjoy. We are also sometimes requested to arrange shelves [zoning] which is a lot of fun as I enjoy maintaining a clean environment.
Pros
Fast paced, customer driven enviornment
Cons
Minimum wage
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
A place to kick start your career. I enjoyed working since I was a student and wanted experience. Only problem I had with the management was time schedule. They never matched my school timings with that of job. Hence I had to quit.
Productive and fun place to work at
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manitoba15 February 2017
Working at pizza time was very profitable for me as i learned a lot about customer service and satisfaction. Also i learned to work for long hours with comfort.
Pros
Good salary, long working hours and fun place to work at
Cons
work only during weekends
Excelent Work Place, Fair Value and Policy
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 February 2017
I was appreciated, and well trained, con-workers were helpful and fun to work with. I enjoyed Learning new aspects of management, and how to drive sales to meet company expectations.
to much work not enough pay
Over Night Janitor (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB15 February 2017
kept telling us to do a job that takes 10 people when we had 3 and the things we had to do for the money we got was Bullcrap. the management had there heads up there butts they mostly never had any idea on that each department dus
Pros
discount for all walmarts
Cons
not enough pay
busy workplace with always something to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
a typical day at work would include helping people in the shoe department.i learned to always be on task as there was always something to do. the hardest part of the job was trying to find the exact right shoe for each customer to have perfect comfort.the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people excited about their new footwear.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
Lot's of opportunity for advancement
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON15 February 2017
At Walmart, if you have the right attitude, you can go as far as you like. With so many different departments I was able to transfer when I needed a change. The workplace itself had a bit of a gossip problem, but you're going to find that everywhere. Management maintained their open door policy, and the company itself has a lot of resources for its workforce. I enjoyed my time here, the experience I gained as well as the meaningful relationships are invaluable.
Decent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC15 February 2017
Not the greatest place to work, but it pays the bills.
Some co workers friendly, customers are not to friendly.
Wouldn't recommend for long term employment