Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,522 reviews matching the search
Great Starting Point
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2017
It was a good starting point for me. I learned a lot on the job and how to interact with customers in a busy environment. I don't have too much of an opinion on the management. It was a part time position while I was in school.

Unfortunately I had to leave because I could not balance my school work in my final year with the hours they kept giving me, and my requests for less hours were ignored.
Pros
Discounts, Profit Sharing
Cons
Low pay, Mean customers
Fewer employees then years ago work, poor leadership
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna27 May 2017
Can't find employees
Employees leaving unsatisfied working conditions
Working conditions are harder because less staff the work is greater
Company has poor training quality
Pros
Steady income job
Cons
Work getting harder and less staff no leadership
Cashier
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON26 May 2017
The position I had at Wal-Mart was a cashier. Though i was still in school when I had this job the managers/ supervisors were very understanding with my hours for school and work combined.

Was a very fast paced job, required a lot of customer service (service with a smile) and multi tasking all around

Great place to start out in the work force.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 May 2017
while working there felt unwelcome and was not taught how to do things properly. i did not shadow another cashier, i was just put on a registar and then got awful looks when I would call the CSM over to help me.
Cashier Position at Walmart
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 May 2017
As a cashier at Walmart i have gained, a lot of knowledge of how to use a cash register, and how to count and handle money. It also gave me knowledge on how to interact with customers, so we can assist them better, overall it was good work experience.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
standing in one spot for hours on end
I'm available all time, weekend, days, and night
customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  walmart logistic25 May 2017
I would play a good role in your company as my experience working in customer service at Walmart for close to 5 years. I have flexible time any times
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK25 May 2017
Walmart was a great company to work for, as in many workplaces there is a lot of drama but if you ignore it and do your job you will be fine. Ask lots of questions if you are unsure, and make sure that you put yourself and health first.
Pros
very understanding
Cons
new hires were making as much per hour or more than the axxociates there for years
Not great.
In-Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 May 2017
Overworked and never anyone to help with the big tasks. Team is management heavy and there is a ton of favourtism. On the plus side you can never be bored as you always have a multitude of work to do.
Good job, good skills
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 May 2017
I would definitely recommend working at Wal-mart at least once in someone's life. As it does teach good work ethic and skills that will stick with you.

The major downside to the job would be a lot of the management does not treat employees fairly and a lot of favoritism takes place. People will zero work ethic will get praise for doing little work and you can work very hard to no recognition.
Pros
Easy job, not hard
Cons
Mentally taxing
Horrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 May 2017
Had the worst experience there. Only stayed as long as I did cause I had a child to take care of. Got to the point where my hrs were cut to nothing. Spent more in travel then I was making
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Stupid hrs
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB24 May 2017
I'd work there again it was fun to work their the people were great I loved the staff and the way the store was put together and the emloyee discount was great
A typical day...
Store Set/Bakery (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC23 May 2017
Walmart is a great place for people that should work a temporary job; it also promotes teamwork even though it's evident not everyone will participate.
amazing place!!!
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Walmart and never seem to lose my attitude even when I was in a bad mood. I was always super energetic and had a blast working there.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no cons
Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 May 2017
Coworkers are very friendly and helpful. Managers are very hands on. Walmart also has strict policy against overwork, breaks must be taken. It's very by the book but fair.
aweome company
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB23 May 2017
i loved working for walmart and they have aweome managers and co workers i loved working every shift cause it was a positive one and i made a lot of friends
Challenging but fun and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 May 2017
A typical day at work is working behind the cash register processing customer transactions, processing charge accounts, return and exchange merchandise, send and receive money transfers via Western Union, and answer phone calls regarding store products, services and policies.

The hardest part of my job would be handling challenging customers. Best thing about working at Walmart is that there are tons of associates that are able to help answer any questions that i cannot answer on my own. This way I learn new things and learn exactly how to handle situations.

Most enjoyable part of working at Walmart is that I get to engage with (almost always) enjoyable customers and associates. The management always throw spirit weeks and creative ways to donate money to local charities (pie managers in the face, bbqs, chili day, pizza day).

As a current undergraduate student attending University, I am unable to work certain hours and days. Walmart is very flexible with managing my schedule and it is easy to switch last minute schedules with the many associates!
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours, friendly and fun work environment
Cons
Rude customers, busy location
Grocery Associate
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 May 2017
Never asked to over work myself. Always made sure I took all my breaks. Workers were independent in seeing what had to be done. Good shifts were given. Hardest part of the job was 7a.m. shifts but those are expected with any job.
good experience
Part-time Customer Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 May 2017
That was really good experience for the first job in Canada for every immigrant.
But they want you to work only part-time and that wage is not enough for living in Canada.
Pros
first job in canada
Cons
too mane cons
Service à la clientèle
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC22 May 2017
C'était un travail dans un environnement dynamique avec une bonne équipe.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
courtes pauses
It's a good place to start!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napanee, ON22 May 2017
This was my first real job and it's a good place to start. Lots of training and will help you develop a lot of necessary skills you will use in all jobs. The management is pretty good and the discount and perks around holidays are a good bonus. Lots of flexibility to advance to different departments or positions. Hours were good too.
Pros
Develop skills
Cons
minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval