Walmart
50,444 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
when i work in india as a nurse,as a hsenior health care in uk
Customer special service and cashier (Former Employee), Winkler, MBJuly 29, 2015
the most hardest part of the job when some body dying in your hand ,another way one you treat a patient then he survive from very bad condition of his health that part of job very enjoyable for me.
Teamwork
Shoe Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bedford, NSJuly 28, 2015
Wal-Mart was where I learned the true meaning of teamwork. We were always taught to support one another; even amongst different departments. I had wonderful co-workers who treated me with respect and would always find time to help me when needed. I learned very quickly that customer satisfaction affects everyone; positive or negative. Having partook in customer service on a daily basis, I learned to problem solve and utilize co-workers for support when needed.
Adequate as a supplementary wage to a family unit
Night Maintenance (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Health insurance some positions
Cons: Health insurance only some positions
Very result driven environment. Work expectation does not equate with wage offered in many positions. Some positions provide health insurance.
I enjoyed working for walmart
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: pay was over minimum wage
Cons: not enough hours
you got to meet new people and hourly wage was over minimum wage. there was room for advancement. I enjoyed it there always a clean work atmosphere.
Good Job for Students
Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Maple WestJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced and never boring
Cons: Management expects too much from us when we're understaffed
I was a student working in the bakery. The bakery is a fun but very fast-paced working environment. Lucky for me, I excel at working fast and efficiently. It makes the day go by faster if you are always busy and the bakery is always busy.

It's great to see the customer's look of satisfaction when you bake something fresh and steaming hot just for them. They really appreciate it and it's great to see them smile.
Over all terrible place to work
cashier (Current Employee), New GlasgowJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Terrible hours. NO advancing.
I have been working as a cashier for about a year, everyone is treated like dogs, there is no advancing I have tried several times. Recently had a new store manager that makes no attempt to talk to any of the associates unless it is something negative. A couple managers that are respectable but very few. They never ask you how you are or how was your day. Its all about mastercards and making sure you keep your mouth shut.

If your looking for a depressing job. Where you get no respect apply today to be a walmart associate. Currently searching for a new job.
The best part of the day is when you clock out.
Wal-Mart is bad and they should feel bad.
Day stocker (Former Employee), Harrison, ONJuly 27, 2015
Pros: It's a Job.
Cons: It's a bad Job.
My average day at work consisted of tedious stocking and restocking of shelves, zoning of merchandise and helping anyone who so much as looked at me funny. Generally a pretty stress free environment when it comes down to it. Sadly when you factor in the management you get into the stress area. Management doesn't care about you, they don't care about any of your problems or needs. The only thing they care about is that you are working non stop when you're not on your breaks. If you cut your hand, you need to get it cleaned up and fixed asap or you will get yelled at. Pro-Tip: Don't work at Wal-mart as a Male without Steel Toed Boots! I've had more pallets and heavy items drop on my toes due to negligent co workers and passive aggressive Department Managers than at any other job. Unrealistic Timing standards for doing things, and extremely contradictory protocol's on how things are done. Working at Wal-Mart is like working in a poorly funded and maintained military with no real discipline. Just do what you're told the instant you're told to do it and don't say anything back because your opinion doesnt matter.
Fun work place and friendly co-workers
Tire and Lube Technician (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 26, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: enough hours
As walmart employee, I've been working there for 6 years now and having good working relationship with management as well as co workers. I had learned how to deal with costumers in their needs as far as their cars are concerned. Always work hard to make production better everyday and I am enjoying what I'm doing my work there. I hope that I will be given a chance to work at your good company and have a life much better.
Store Managers Are Not Qualified
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Working as Loss Prevention
Cons: ITs Walmart.
Walmart's low cost approach for associates leaves little room for professionalism. Internal Theft at Walmart is high, however Walmart doesn't seem to want to terminate or charge their employees until the employee has created a large financial loss to the store. This is typically the store manages decision. A lot of store managers are uneducated outside of Walmart, Their typical source of education is from Walmart's internal WIRE.
Great team work in our Fashion department
Fashion Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Fashion departmentJuly 26, 2015
Pros: flexiable hours
Cons: shortage of help
Customer service skills at the fitting room.
Zoning of clothing
To ensure customer find what they are looking for
Hardest part of the job was leaving unfinished jobs
I so enjoyed my team we all had a sense of what needed to be done and worked together to try and do.
Mediocre workplace with mediocre staff
Cashier (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Some friendly co-workers
Cons: Terrible shift schedules
clock in. cash duty. clock out. break. boring boring boring and so not worth 11.75 an hour with all of the disgusting things you see in a day, just as a cashier alone.
Great benefits and wages, poor management
Customer Service Specialist - Bakery Dept. (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Salary above minimum wage, Opportunities to move up in the company
Cons: Management communication
Usually a decent place to work. There are great benefits, they work around your schedule and (usually) give you the hours you need, which is very helpful as a student, and they pay above minimum wage. However the management team is lacking in communicating with each, their follow up with associates, and holding people accountable. Being organized is key, along with time management.
my review for walmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 24, 2015
I start work at 9am
reorganized the clothes
clean up change rooms
packing clothes in the back
working at the till
putting away food in the food area

p.s.
I work in Wal-Mart for high school credits. I work there for 3-4 month
decent work.
garden center/produce associate (Former Employee), Camrose, ABJuly 24, 2015
decent work for a part time employee. wouldn't recommend for a full time job. hours are fairly short and wage isn't very high.
Walmart Canada
Department Manager (Former Employee), Albany Mall, Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Low wages, overworked staff
Started with Walmart as an overnight ICS member where I used a pallet jack to move product so I could bin it with a telson. Also used the telson to pick product from bins and move onto rocket carts and then transfered the carts to the departments.

Advanced to department manager of Toys, then Pets, then Stationary, and finally to Dry Grocery. These positions also required use of the telson to change prices, print labels, change on-hands, and ensure modular integrity. I changed modulars in a timely fashion and helped set up displays of products.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with mistakes made by other associates who stocked shelves and dealing with unreliable internet access for the telson work. I dealt with these issues for the 2-1/2 years that I worked there, with no satisfactory solutions from management. Many times I felt my concerns were brushed off by management.

I enjoyed helping customers find what they needed and went out of my way to provide them with information (other stores, online shopping) to obtain the product(s).
Walmart Canada
Department Manager (Former Employee), Kingston OnatrioJuly 24, 2015
Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for customers, and fellow associates.
Strong ability to handle all customer questions, concerns and complaints.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Summerside, PEJuly 23, 2015
It was a great fun place to work. the staff were nice and friendly.
The hours were flexible and management were great.
I learned about produce and growing them. Hardest part of the job was the labor and the most enjoyable part was the customers
great experience! learned a lot.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), wetaskiwin AB,July 23, 2015
Pros: 10% off
Cons: disappointed customers
management was good very supportive! loved helping customers, learned new skills how to run front end, how to multi-task,
Good staff and flexible hours, Managment could use some work in some areas.
Cashier (Current Employee), Strathmore, ABJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great enviroment
Cons: Not challenging enough
Working for Walmart, has been a great experience. Management was great when coming to helping with issues. However its not the job for me, I want a position that gives me more of a challenge and keeps me busy.
Productive, fast paced and easy going.
Cashier Associate (Current Employee), Summerside, PEJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Rewarding work; Great co-workers; Employee discount; Pay equity; Benefits; Flexible scheduling
Cons: Standing for long periods of time.
A typical day at work, for me, starts with counting my till. I then turn on my light and begin courteously, efficiently and expediently, getting our clientele through the checkout process.

I have learned to deal with all kinds of people, situations and emergencies. I have also learnt how to respond to irate/angry customers without taking their attitude personally.

Management is a key team of men and women, who are an instant resource in our store. There is always someone, close at hand, to help out in any and all situations.

I have a great rapport with my co-workers and a lot of us will get together outside of the store, to do fun things together, in our community.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with and trying to appease, an angry customer. Every angry customer, is an opportunity for me to learn and use the proper mechanisms to deal with and assuage the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job, for me is, everything else!

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more