Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,836 reviews matching the search
horaire est toujours la meme et bonne condition de travail
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC20 July 2017
l ambiance appris de nouvelle facon de travailler dans de bonne condition
Pros
avait une pause
Cons
aucun point negatif
Poor Management, over worked employees
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 July 2017
Management at Walmart was disorganized and no one ever cared about the employees. They would discipline in front of customers rather loudly I might add, and always looked for ways to make situations the fault of the employee.

The hours worked and pay were not worth the hourly rate payed, and not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Poor Management, Over worked employees
arrive at work 7am tour with night crew, read emails, morning meeting,coffee, tour dept with Assistant managers to check up department set up
Co Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 July 2017
I found you have no job security with this company, the turnover is very high below management level . Assistant manager and above the job security is next to nothing, so you will be taking a risk in taking a position at assistant manager and above.level..
Pros
salarly and benifits are average to above.
Cons
job security
Retail enviroment
Customer Service Manager (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 July 2017
Very Fast paced environment. Requires attention to providing stock items to please customers. Overall the company tries every effort to meet the customer satisfaction.
Okay place to work, but management is a mess
Customer Service Rep./Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensborough, BC20 July 2017
Good place for a temporary job, long term will drain you, management is always scrambled and will always find the negatives out of all the many positives, work as hard as you want, they will still hold you accountable for any mishaps including their own.

Pay will go up based on how well you've worked in the year, do not expect them to actually watch you though, they won't base it on the year, only on the final months until your anniversary (pay increase day), also pay increase is very small as an associate, if you want more funds, consider moving up (manager level will get you a decent pay check).

Flexible ours are the plus side to working here, the down side though, if they are short on employees for the day then they will move you from your department and make you work elsewhere (the inconvenience is that you will not be able to finish your own work and will be behind).

Management looks out for themselves, do not expect them to look after you, they will constantly tell you to ask other managers or someone else for help.

Final note, you will make new friends no doubt, since they hire and fire people every end of the year.

Word of advice: if you're a cashier, move into department role, better treatment and less stress.
Pros
Flexible hours, lots of new friends
Cons
Management sucks, very bus, pay is low
work as a team
Customer Service Representative (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 July 2017
i love working. i been working for walmart almost 8 years. i was a cashier at first than moved on to customer service. i been dealing with bad and good customer. i love helping clients.
Overall productive
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2017
This job is okay for entry level.
Supervisors are arrogant
Its a good place to learn the reaction of other people
Working environment is okay
Working load is too much
Pros
Three breaks is very good
Cons
It's alright for a student.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 July 2017
Worked there for about a year and a half, it was alright. The same things as a regular cashier, ringing through items and cleaning tills, occasionally stocking times onto shelves when it was slow.

Uh, I learned to keep on a smile and to just nod when there was an odd customer.

The hardest part I'd say was standing at the same spot for hours on end, well, about four hours at a time depending on what length of shift, but it was killer on my knees.
Pros
Not an overly difficult job unless you count crazy happenings in the store.
Cons
If you have bad knees or a bad back, it's difficult, but there are accommodations for disabilities and medical problems.
Meh
Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2017
When I first started I really enjoyed the job despite it draining me to the point I had no social life.
Now that Wal-Mart has actually taken over, the picking standards had been raised to unachievable expectations. The benefits for part-time are horrible, especially since majority of us still do 40hours per week with the overtime they offer.
Pros
KPI every 3 months
Cons
Work in the cold, management has poor communication
Just a job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON19 July 2017
Would not recommend it to anyone who is trying to raise a family on the salary, it is student job no hours management are not very nice there employees
Heavily Team based community of people
Tire and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 July 2017
Some days can be incredibly busy, and others can be a struggle to find work to do.

Ive learned to work many of the machines within the shop, As well as most of the equipment and computers within the store itself.

Some of the management i feel like I'm talking at not talking to. My SWAS manager is one of the easier ones to talk to.

Most of the people there do have smiles on their faces and are quite friendly once you get to know them

The hardest part of my job is trying to organize breaks, coffees and lunch breaks. The lack of staff sometimes makes it hard to have coverage in departments

The most enjoyable part of my job is when i get to see the smiles on customers and employees, Helping others and giving tips and suggestions on what they might need. Ill give my two cents to anyone who asks for suggestions or alternative ideas
Pros
%10 discount card upon employment
Cons
The current lack of staff
Overall good place to work for starters.
Customer experirnce salesfloor manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 July 2017
Walmart is a good place to work if you are not eager to grow up in the company. Hourly wages are very low as compared to other retailers and the work employees do
Non- Productive
Dept Manager (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS18 July 2017
A typical day at work starts on working on stock that has been left to the floor, then working on price changes and going on cash when needed. It's a fast pace ever changing environment, they always keep you on your toes. Management decision has always been a bit scattered and not always on the same page as what they should be. The hardest part of my job has been the task being assigned and they want it done at that moment when you have been giving another task that needs to be completed first. Not enough time to complete the task that were being assigned . What i do like about my job is helping out customers and making sure we have product on the shelf. Also learning new task.
Pros
heath benefits and discont card for associate
Cons
not enough family time(family away)
bad managers
accessories associate (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB18 July 2017
I felt like i was always on the run or being discriminated because of my skin tone. I felt like everyone was watching me and the mangers were rude and mean.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
managers
environnement agreable
Walmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC18 July 2017
j'ai aimé travailler pour cette entreprise l'Esprit d'équipe était présente .Le gérant nous fesait sentire bien a nous les membre de l'équipe en nous intégrant dans des decision de la compagnie des choses que nous pourrion changer afin de succeder .
C'est broche à foins
rayon de la boulangerie (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC18 July 2017
Tu demandes un congé et ils te mettent à l’horaire pareil. Tu vaux rien à leurs yeux tu n'es pas un humain , tu es une marionnette. Par contre, le salaire est toujours plus élevé que le salaire minimum.
Pros
Bon salaire
Cons
L'employé ne vaut rien
Not the greatest place to work
Cashier/Photo lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC17 July 2017
my typical day was ok, if you just want a to meet people. Walmart was just a place to work to just get the extra money if you want some casual work. It's not a place I would recommend to anyone to work.
It's what you make of it
Lead Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 July 2017
It's been a long time since I've worked there. I did not like the hours. I am a morning person and prefer to get to work early and leave before diner.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ontario17 July 2017
I really enjoyed my time there great job opportunity and the experience good benefits for employees starting a career I look forward to excelling in the company more in the future
Good Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 July 2017
Good place to work if you don't mind an ever changing schedule, working weekends. They believe Walmart comes first. I was happy there. I took on a second job with a fixed schedule and they would not work with those hours. Forced me to quit.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No Weekends Off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.