Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
how i felt at the job
Jewellery Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 31, 2015
this job made realize that i needed to go to school and do better than this and i did, now i'm working and the newest hospital in Toronto.
Busy enviorment with rude customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Learn why you'll never want kids!
Cons: Rude customers, pricematching, Walmart mastercard
Scan and pack customers bags while getting yelled at for wrongly marked prices that you know are totally your fault. While enjoying listening to screaming children and snobby judgemental old people. Great job to have if you already have no self worth.
Favorable place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Fun work place with great management and co workers. A good place to grow. Enjoyed providing customers exceptional service
Great management
Cashier & Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible on availability
Great atmosphere. Great management. They treat us with respect. Very flexible on availability. Very considerate to associates. Very busy some times. Learned a lot related to customer service. Job is manageable.
Fun place to work
Associate Receiver/Invoice processor (Current Employee), Calgary SE, AB,CAAugust 28, 2015
Wal-mart is a fun full place to work, working in Wal-Mart is like working with your family members where every body cares and loves each other. the management takes each associate like a bother or a sister
Chaotic with good people
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops BcAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Staff appreciation dinners regulary
Cons: Stressful and lack of solidarity amongst management
My fellow co workers were the joy of working for Walmart. It was very difficult working under management that would not back up decisions and situations that had to be enforced.
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), CashierAugust 28, 2015
Walmart was my first job and I learned so many things about customer services. I gained a lot of knowledge from co-workers and managers. Walmart was a very fast-paced job but I loved it cause it kept me busy.
Wal-Mart
Overnight Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Islington, NLAugust 28, 2015
Great place to work at. Loyalty to employees is great. The hours are very flexible and has a fair working schedule. The work isn't too hard, but challenging nonetheless.
The quality of this job is probably different store to store.
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Work with the same team everyday
Cons: Conditions do not match pay
This is probably the hardest job I have ever had. Every day starts with unloading a truck and sorting them to their respective departments, while maintaining a sturdy pallet. The time it took us to finish this was dependent on a variety of factors, such as allotted space, size of the truck, and number of workers present on the line. Once this was completed, we would then work on department picks, then delivering the completed pallets to their department using a pump truck if you weren't machine trained. The shift was always 3:30pm - 11:30pm. With the amount of work we were expected to complete, the pay isn't that great. That being said, there were only about 7 total employees, PT and FT, so you get to know the people you are working with fairly well. I have made some good friends, some of whom I still speak with to this day. Also, you would have to do something drastic to get fired.
Divisional Store Manager - Automotive & Wireless (Former Employee), GTA, OntarioAugust 27, 2015
Great culture to be in. Team treated each other with respect and dignity. Work is done on time, Priporities are set and deadline are met. Team building, motivating and transforming was in deed a great leaning experience.
the people that work there are awesome
Deli Technician/ meats (Former Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 27, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch
Cons: not enough staff
when i first started there the company was good to work for but since they restucerd the company has started going down hill the managment seems like they don;t care, there are to many mangers that arent need and the staff is ran thin in almost every department in that store and it has been like that since the food side opened and probably even before that
hard day with customer
Customer Service specialist (Current Employee), calgaryAugust 27, 2015
Usually working in walmart is fun. But due to some customers who are already frustated due to their persona problems results in typical day at work. Instead of serving them with really good customer service still they react like we didn't done well and make me feel low.
MY EARLY MORNING SHIFTS
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBAugust 26, 2015
I REALLY ENJOY MOST OF MY CO -WORKERS. I LIKED THE FACT THAT I KNEW EVERYDAY BEFORE GOING TO WORK WHAT I WOULD BE DOING THE NEXT DAY
people are nice, fun place, strict
Cashier (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONAugust 24, 2015
loved working with the people there and seeing the public, hardest part of the job was dealing with not so nice customers
fun to work
Courtesy Desk Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, A.B.August 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch and insentives
Cons: long hour
You must have lots of patience and understanding for the customer. The management understand what the needs of there employee and they give support each other.The most enjoyable part of my job is having fun working with my co-worker.
Work with wonderful staff
Cashier/Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2015
Cons: no full time offers
everyone is easy to work with. nice to have more extra shift. If only Walmart will give full time opportunities I will grab it and work my way up.
Flexible job
Front store cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 21, 2015
I was able to take time off for exam times so that was really a benefit of working at Walmart. They were easy going. I was not very much pleased by management. I had worked there for a very long time yet some managers still did not know my name. This made me felt not important within the workplace and it came to show that Walmart does not care about their employees.
effective, productive and fun work place
CASHIER BC (Former Employee), BCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: best work place
very nice, effective and cooperative place. work environment is like family. supporting staff, manager and management. Good customer experience and respectful.
Wal-Mart Manager
Assistant Manager; Co-Manager; Store Manager (Former Employee), Various - 12 different citiesAugust 21, 2015
P& L reviews
Daily tour notes-with department heads and assistant managers
Scheduling-hourly and management on a weekly basis
Operational reviews-mark down procedures, refund procedures, store opening/closing practices.
Loss prevention
Associate reviews-yearly rate associates on the job performance in multiple areas.
Customer Service
Promote's enagagment and associate training for a well balanced career.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Rewarding seeing effort come to fruition
Cons: Long work hours
World's largest retail chain that promotes associate engagement, respect for the individual and striving for excellence. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting will customers and fellow associates. Exceeding KPI's, was the most challenging aspect of the job but well worth the reward.
Headquarters