Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,734 reviews matching the search
Generally productive and well organized company
Jewelry sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 February 2017
Duties would include
- cleaning the general area such as keeping the floors clear of debris, keeping the displays organized, stocked, and free of dust
- putting out the daily stock and checking it off on the truck log sheets to confirm quantities
- keeping track of jewelry sales that are over a set dollar amount
- general customer service
- changing watch batteries as well as replacing wristbands and pins
Pros
Lots of hours, great family like staff environment, lots of set paid breaks per shift, lovely regular shoppers
Cons
Unorganized department manager, departments left unstaffed had to be covered by jewelry associate or left unattended, upset customers tend to take out anger or front end staff and cashiers.
Not my ideal job
Automotive (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 February 2017
All i could say is that it was not entirely for me. Management is great, and everyone gets along, but I personally did not like the constant leaving your area and working in another. Like i say, it was not the job for me, but could be for some others.
Working at Walmart
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON21 February 2017
Management send a lot of time sitting in the office eating and talking and do not do much to help you. When you do speak to them it usually feels like you are interrupting something or they are telling you that you are not doing something right - usually because you were not given the proper training and things change so often its hard to keep up.
productive and efficient workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB21 February 2017
program driven workplace with emphasis placed on achieving financial targets while satisfying all customer needs. In a small town this is especially rewarding as you are very involved in the community as well.
Pros
very busy days
Cons
can be difficult to attract and retain associates
Fast paced and very team orientated
Customer assistance manager (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB21 February 2017
Busy and fast paced environment with one on one customer relations.i have improved on my multi task skills and problem solving . I have gained knowledge and experience in a management position . I enjoy the customers that come in from young to old . Development and growth are very important to me as well as furthering my knowledge and gaining more confidence and understanding .
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Part time
Enjoyed working in Jewelery Department
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB20 February 2017
Customer Service, Merchandising, Planagrams,
Modulars, Taking Orders

Dealing with customers one on one.

Organizing and doing returns on a dealine
awful management
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 February 2017
The management on the Walmart at Highstreet Mall is too arrogant and disorganized. They don't have respect for employees; and make them feel like slaves. Worst management I've ever worked for.
Pros
stocks are available to employees
Cons
managent too arrogant and disorganized
Didnt really like working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 February 2017
It wasn't really a bad place to work. I got along with the employees but not the managers they were always on my behind and grinding me for nothing.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON20 February 2017
Very busy store but can be very satisfying. Great Team atmosphere.
As a customer service manager I was able to learn most front end positions which was quite interesting and enjoyable.
If this company moved more towards full time positions rather than very P/T positions it would be an excellent job for anyone who loves to work with the public.
Awesome place to work with great management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON20 February 2017
- Management was awesome, understanding and cares about employees.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was being around coworkers.
- Excellent team environment with helpful staff.
Sad management,
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
I was a Cashier, and up for a promotion to manager of front end.

Every one had voted for me, I was told, by Manager I was the best Cashier they had, therefore she could not give me the promotion.

People vote you in, but Management was not fair to me, so I gave them my notice.
Every Cashier newly hired always came to for help.
because they could see that I was fast and accurate,

I feel they treated me unfairly.
Pros
Cons
good hours for part time job
Store Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON20 February 2017
Walmart does not offfer a good work life balance. Currently CEO's no longer care about the work culture of the employees. Walmart continues to make money but cut employee hours.
Good
Stocker (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC19 February 2017
The work was good and the community and the people who worked there were very nice. The management would also good, but sometimes it got a little wonky.
Pros
Team was good, the lunch break was good, and the security was good as well.
Cons
Sometimes we would get lazy and enough work wouldn't get done.
Not a bad place to work
Cashier/Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 February 2017
I worked for the company as a part-time cashier for a very long time. I keep coming back for part time seasonal positions during Christmas and found staff and management to be pleasant to work with.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Fun workplace with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
My job in Walmart is as a customer service representative, I really enjoy working there, as I use to get great conversation skills and use to work with a variety of people.the work culture is really amazing .
Pros
free lunches
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2017
Had the opportunity to develop a new training program and introduced a lot of new ideas to them for the employees training new employees in other stores across the province
Pros
fun
Cons
location
Busy yet Enjoyable workplace
Mississauga Rd- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 February 2017
When working at Walmart, it was always busy. Since it wasn't a grocery store, but a supercentre, there were a lot more complications occurring, and a lot more work being done. Working at Walmart has taught me how to handle situations better, take great responsibility for my mistakes, become a more hardworking individual and work well with a team. When it came to management, there were issues that needed to be fixed, but unfortunately weren't. Working at Walmart encourages you to develop the mentality that customers are always right and Integrity is key. The hardest part about the job was handling some customers seeing as a lot of them put up fights for a variety of different reasons. Now, I have learned how to professionally overcome those obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with outgoing customers, and making great friends in the workplace.
Pros
Discount on everything
Cons
Long/ extra hours
Horrible Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2017
No one ever work for Walmart. The pay and benefits are terrible, management is a joke. Worst years of my life. I will never work in big-box retail again because of my horrible experiences here.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
There's no such a typical day at this job. Everyday could be different. It could not-so-busy or very busy.

My colleagues are fun to work with especially if you get to know what it's like to work with them.

The only downside would be, the management wants you to have a very flexible availability but they won't guarantee you the part time hours (20-27 hours).
working as a manager
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2017
Working at walmart ia a fun and fulfilling place. there is never a boring moment working there. The staff are friendly and love working. We love that there are opportunity to improve your skills and learn