Walmart

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Huntsville, OntarioApril 22, 2015
Working at Walmart was great. The hours were awesome but it was hard to plan around them.
Most employees are friendly to one another and can answer most of your questions if needed.
The hardest part of the job was to keep an efficient work pace but also interact with the customers at the same time.
It was a very fun place to work.
Merchandise Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: sore feet at the end of the day
I was constantly busy on my feet for most of the day. The staff was great and they had a lot of fun working. The hardest part of the job, was finding the merchandises if they were not where they were suppose to be.
Interesting place to work at.
Accounts Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2015
Job insecurity is the major threat when working at walmart. I improved my communication skills and professional credentials overall while my stint with Walmart.
it was ok
Cart guy (Former Employee), Brockville OnApril 22, 2015
some tasks they asked you to do were unrealistic in the time frame they gave you but other than that it was a great place to work with great people ho were extremely professional and respectful
horrid
Overnight In-stock Associate (Former Employee), North Bay, ONApril 22, 2015
they work you to death. long hours with no remorse or care from your direct supervisors and coworkers are for the most part not enjoyable.
Fun Workplace
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 22, 2015
Working was always fun and well equipped. Always professional. Co workers were all friendly and welcoming. Provided discounts for the store which was beneficial.
A great place to grow and learn.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Selkirk, MBApril 21, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: understaffed
A typical day at work I manage all the cashiers and the customer service desk employees. I tend to all their inquiries, complaints, cash loans, audits and breaks. Even though I am their manager my co-workers are very friendly and we work well together. They look up to me and value my opinion and vise versa. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with unsatisfied customers. I do everything in my power to make the customer satisfied, but occasionally they are asking for something I cannot accomplish. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the people I work with. We are a big family there and we all work well together.
good place to work
Receiving Team (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 20, 2015
always great starter job, meet new people always changing, many different places to working stores always opening. really labor intensive depending where your working
Productive and very cultural place to work at
Product Developer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2015
Very fast paced company. Don't have a daily routine as there are always new goals to be accomplished by the end of the day. Have a life work balance, which is important to me and my family.
My first Job out of High School
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
This was my first job out of high school and at the time it was all i needed, not much room for advancement or growth. Great job for those starting out in the job force.
front end cashier
Cashier, Stock shelves (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 20, 2015
I was a front end cashier. stocked shelves, cleaning duties. I enjoyed my coworkers and the front end management. I really enjoy retail an would like to find another job doing the same work.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Mount Pearl, NLApril 19, 2015
Very busy environment and any employee here must be people oriented as there is a lot of people interaction - good and bad.

Great place to work.
A Tense Place to Work
Sales Associate and Over-Night Stocker (Former Employee), Vernon, BCApril 18, 2015
Pros: Staff Discount
Cons: Management
You never know when someone from will jump down your back for something you may or may not have done.
Management is never really satisfied with what you do. And, they don't care about the individual as a person, regardless of the company policies.
The only ones that go anywhere with the company are the ones that they take a total liking to.
experience was ok
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 18, 2015
Pros: easy hours
Cons: slow advancement in career
Renovation crew was good, i enjoyed work with them.
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment.
Hardest part of job was stocking the shelves.
Most enjoyable part was " I don't remember"
management
Assistant Manager Sales (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 17, 2015
Wal-Mart is a fantastic place to work as a manager. I loved my job but what I didn't like is not being able to have a life out side of work. Couldn't plan anything I wanted to put my child in a after school program for six month and they couldn't guarantee to give me one evening a week off to be able to do this.
Great Place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: incentives
Cons: not very goos shifts
My typical day at work would include multiple customers. I have learned that every customer has different needs The most enjoyable part about working at Walmart is the people who come in on a daily basis, with out those people we would not have a job, so we must be thankful for them.
Excellent work life balance, oppurtinities abound
Intstock Supervisor (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts available, stock purchase plan, profit sharing, benefits for full time individuals
The typical day begins before 7am with a backroom inspection. Within two hours you will have assisted with the receiving of general merchandise. Picks must be completed hourly. Inspections of equipment will be conducted and completed before use. Fifteen minute break commences after 9am. Complete audits and picks and assist with stocking of shelves via communication with sales staff. Assist third parties as per demand. Ensure third parties in the stockroom are not left unattended. Ensure visitors have checked into the building and that they are wearing proper attire, i.e. no open toe shoes. One hour lunch at 11am or later. Commence improvement of stockroom when opportunities arise. 2pm begin preparing stockroom for receiving by 2nd shift associates. Day ends at 3:30pm or later as per demand.
Nice Job very fun and fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 16, 2015
a typical day of work for me would consist of serving lots of customers very fast checking out various items

i learned how to better deal with people as well as the cash register and learned that i really enjoy being a cashier

the management was ok they really pushed for the sales of mastercards

the hardest part of the job was selling master cards to the customers

the most enjoyable part was the fast pace and dealing with lots of people all the time
Leading Big Box Retailer with like-minded skilled people
Category Manager (Omni-channel) (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioApril 16, 2015
Pros: Building relationships within cross functional team
Cons: Work life balance was effected
- Managing both in store and e-commerce assortment and overall sales
- Monitoring/forecasting financial sales metrics and P&L daily.
- Managing marketing execution and promotional strategies.
- Learned managerial/mentoring experience, and vendor negotiating/relations skills.
- Strong effective and supportive management, however multiple leadership changes can potentially be unsettling.
- Co-workers provide positive environment and team cohesion, and willing to support as needed. Understanding of corporate nuances and opportunities.
- Enjoyed the experience to work in a truly cross functional environment. Have my input and voice heard in terms of project launches and execution.
Not good.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: 10% off.
Cons: Managers, weird hours.
I didn't enjoy working there at all. I won't be the one to generalize and say that all the Walmarts are like the, but I definitely did not get to work in a nice environment. The managers weren't very nice and considerate and neither were the employees. It was like working in jail. Sorry!

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more