Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,550 reviews matching the search
Constant changes to improve customer service!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2017
My team would always immediately greet me or customers to ensure an environment that best suits all. After all, at the end of the day, I have learned that a customer's experience is very important because that determines if they want to come back. My role is important but being a team-player this involves everyone; including management. I believe putting time aside as my old employment did to set meetings to gather all employees to remind them of the goals and achievements we have brought to push us to continuously improve our service . My co-workers were not only friendly but helpful and enthusiastic which brightens up the atmosphere.

Now dealing with the most difficult part was frustrated customers. Of course eventually we overcome the situation and emotions of anger and come to rationalize and find a solution. It was only difficult to manage time and to prioritize tense situations.

To kindly finish, the most enjoyable part of my job was to be the reason of someone smile. I'd love to be of assistance if it is in my knowledge.
Pros
2 paid breaks
Cons
Necessity to work 2 weekdays a night
Customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 January 2017
It it ok for the beginners but not for worth enough for career wise. I would recommend people to focus on their profession rather than continuing to work in walmart for more than a year
productive
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 January 2017
Work in a highly productive and strong employee\management interpersonal environment. A position where you are appreciated for your hard work and dedication. Trained on other positions.
Pros
working with the staff
Cons
part time
great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS18 January 2017
great coworkers and some management is great only downfall was I was always signing temporary contracts and ended up having my contract end and loosing my position to a person who was working there half as long as me
It was one of those jobs "to get by"
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK18 January 2017
It was an okay place to work. Management didn't care much about the employees. Training was quick and fast paced. Hours seemed to drag on .
Pros
1hour lunch breaks
Cons
boring job to be honest
Micro-Management and Process Masters
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
For the hard working and disciplined only. Networking is key to succeed. Hardest part of the job is that there are numerous things to balance all at once, multi-tasking is a must.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Work Life Balance, Lack of Resources
not the best company to work for
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON17 January 2017
overall the company has gone downhill from when I was first hired. now that they are the only big retailer in Canada it has not got any better. all they concern is the bottom line and do not value their employees as an asset to the company but more like inventory.
great coworkers
Deparetment Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 January 2017
Walmart is a fast past environment. Learning quickly and able to adjust to changes in environment and job tasks are key. I was able to advance quickly in this environment. Multiple managers make it hard to have a concrete long term goal however quick short term goals that are able to make positive change happened often.
Pros
helpful coworkers
Cons
multiple managers
Decent
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB17 January 2017
It's Walmart what are you gonna expect. It's an okay workplace. Good staff and employees worked well together. Good hours
Great Team Enviroment
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 January 2017
I love my front end team they are like a little family but when it comes. The Management team is friendly but is slow to solve problems.
It's walmart
Reno Team/ Overnight Stocker/Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
You work at walmart and you expect what you get basically. They thrive by not overpaying their employees and it shows. Still a decent job though.
A good place to start up
Bakery and Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON16 January 2017
A normal day at work in the 8am to 4pm shift i worked was getting the rest of the packing done if we had a skid I would go to the freezer and take care of it. Good work environment and lots of positive people. Made a lot of nice friends. Management was hit or miss depending on the manager and how they personally felt towards you. Hardest part would be having to catch up on the morning person if they didn't do their job.
Poor Management
Fashion Merchandising Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 January 2017
The job is not stressful but the management needs to improve especially in communicating to employees. When approached for information, managers hardly know what to say.
Pros
Breaks allowed
Cons
Irregular hours
Hours reasonable, not enough coverage
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2017
Walmart doesn't have enough staff coverage and doesn't pay enough based on experience and role in comparison to other companies.
Associates are easy to get along with.
Good parttime job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 January 2017
Worked at Walmart for a year. Worked in the dairy department. Good job, good people. Only left to find sales/business experience and get full time.
Enjoyed the people that I worked with
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL15 January 2017
It was fun because you were always meeting new people. I learned responsibility and scheduling and how to work with balancing money.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I hardest part of the job was working in extreme cold temperatures.
Pros
Gained work experience
Cons
There was no bathroom provided which made shift work difficult at times
HVDC not a good place
Warehouse man (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB15 January 2017
brutal, non-engaging environment.
the snowball effect of slackers is too much.
keeping me on contract for 5+ months not updateing me on my performance. and i'v proven to out preform 3/4 of the staff.
Not worth your time.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK Preston Crossing14 January 2017
No hours, managers never around when you need them despite how much you page for help, minimum wage pay, training is very poor from any associate, working there was easy, co workers weren't very friendly.
Pros
Tasks are easy once you learn on your own.
Cons
Not enough hours, minimum wage, poor management.
A Good Job for people who are just starting out in the job market or retired.
Associate, Overnight Stocker - Currently employed (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 January 2017
The job is good as in it routine so you can get to know it well. It is not physically demanding, but you spend lots of time on your feet. There is minimal opportunity for advancement. Senior staff tend not socialize with the workers during the shift nor outside of work hours.
Pros
Minimal supervison
Cons
Night shift
Great Place
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 January 2017
I haven't been there very long, but everyone I've gotten to know have been fantastic. Everyone teaches me something new every single day.