Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,985 reviews matching the search
Excellent starter job.
Overnight Merchandiser - Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2017
Great staff. Fun place to work. Good teamwork, Highly recommend. Well organized. Excellent work environment. Close to home. Great customers. I highly recommend this store as a starter job for youth and adults alike. Thank you.
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2017
Good work place, standard work culture, salary and benefits are very competitive and very good colleagues and supportive management.
I learnt a lot about the administrative functions.
Pros
Free lunch and transport
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton17 August 2017
Walmart is a great place to work with great work-life balance. Managers are accommodating and allow to switch shifts as needed. Variety of shifts are available depending on what you are looking for.
Fun coworkers
Regent Aevenue - Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2017
co-workers are great but management expects one person to do the job of many. Many times people are called up to cash leaving their stations unattended.
Learning curve
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 August 2017
• Resolved customer complaints relating to product issues, returns, and other general problems in the store.
• Prepared, balanced, and managed register floats for up to 30 registers at a time.
fun work place
ACCOUNTING OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2017
Fun work place, all managers are supportive, enjoyment in work, no tensions, motivation in work, multi culture activities. but salary are not good. some time not getting enough hours.
Location is key
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 August 2017
The store I work at is awful. Associates complain about management regularly. I have volunteered at different stores, and the associates there speak so highly of their management team.

Honestly, store 3001 is NOT the store that's number 1.

Also. IF you're a Walmart shopper reading this... Us cashiers HAVE to ask you for MasterCards or else we get written up.
Ridiculous right?
eh
Cahier (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON16 August 2017
its ok, they gave me too many hours, didn't really respect my time, but the CSMs and coworkers were awesome, A really high ratio of people leaving to people coming in,though.
Pros
lots of staff events
Cons
lack of communication with managers
Not a good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
over work their employees.
racist
very very rude.
cross contamination constantly.
110 watt common Walmart should be closed down.
more complaints then compliments.
pick and choose who they like to treat good or bad and they usually treat the white people very badly.
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB16 August 2017
I enjoyed working in my department at Walmart. There was always plenty of work to do and the people I worked with were great to be around. The managers were always accommodating.
Pros
Fun environment, great people
Cons
a lot of noise, stress

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
Fun workplace with coworkers
Fresh Produce associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 August 2017
It's a popular wholesale in north america, hence the increasing popularity in the chain and so the number of clients is increasing. Thanks to that, the number of employees is big as well and so we meet different type of people in our surroundings.
Meh
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  moose jaw16 August 2017
Not a bad job, management wasn't very caring and didn't seem to care to help anyone with any problems. Work wasn't too bad and the co workers were amazing.
Pros
yty
Cons
tytyty
Flexible work hours
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON15 August 2017
Management provides flexible hours, however managers are strict on shift changes, such as students should work at least 3 nights of closing and has to be the weekend.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
Managers tend to be rude
horrible
Internal Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON15 August 2017
This position I did not enjoy at all. Management was not nice to work for. Our jobs were micro managed and the staff were not friendly at all. The training fr new employees was just not there
Walmart
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB15 August 2017
Usually understaffed so you would work alone most days. Had to do multiple shifts on cash while having other work to do.The managers never scheduled enough people but the same amount of work was expected.
C es une belle place pour travaille mais je veut etre reconnu a ma juste valeur
Superviseur de caisse (Current Employee) –  Alma, QC15 August 2017
J aimais bien travailler pour la compagnie mais je ne me sens pas apprécié a ma juste valeur au plaisir de vous rencontrer
Pros
10 %sur marchandise bonus au mois d avril pR
Cons
Il es demande trop au associes et manque de personnel
Highschool Job MAX.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 August 2017
Unqualified management who date each other.
Unpaid overtime.
Dangerous workplace.
Disregard for safety.
Lack of any kind of workplace culture. Felt like a prison.
No opportunity of advancement unless you're dating a manager.
Impossible deadlines.
Pros
Highschool Job.
Cons
See Below.
Poor Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
No concept of work life balance and the management is extremely unsupportive at the store level. Salaries are poor and the increments over the years are disappointing.
Good starter job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador15 August 2017
Walmart is great for a high school student, or someone's first job. Depending on the department flexibility in schedule may depend. My manager strives to meet employees needs. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Free food when goals are met
Cons
Not enough staff
Transitional complications
Customer Service Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia15 August 2017
My review does not represent Walmart Canada, it's subsidiaries, partners, associates, or parent company. The following is a short example of personal feelings after a significant time in a single retail location.

A typical day at work: atypical. Work days at Walmart have lost predictability as you rarely know where you will be or what your job expectations are prior to the start of your shift, unless you are specifically assigned to a single job title, such as a cashier. This unpredictability can provide daily, even hourly, challenges to overcome. While it is no longer feasible to specialize and provide exceptional customer service in any single area, there are plenty of opportunities to assist customers in a satisfactory manner.

What I have learned: I have gained excellent and valuable skills during my time as an associate.

Management: There is a wide variety of managing styles within Walmart. Communication can use improvement. Skills identifying under-performers and delegating tasks effectively can use significant improvement.

Workplace Culture: During this transition, it may not be appropriate to comment on the state of workplace morale.

Hardest part of the job: Adjusting to various new and unexpected job responsibilities that do not fit with the skills I have gained during my years with the company or personal experience. I pride myself on excellent customer service - but am consistently forced into situations where my service can only be described as mediocre at best regardless of my efforts. No resources are available to bridge product information knowledge
  more... gaps when no associates who were once assigned to these areas are available.

Most enjoyable part of the job: On the rare occasions that I am within my element during my shifts, I receive constant praise from my customers for being able to identify their needs and help them quickly and effectively. When I have these opportunities to remind my customer what real customer service truly is, that is my reward.
Pros
Excellent first job, flexible scheduling and hours, discount card
Cons
Rare oppurtunities for meaningful advancement, abysmal raises, benefits only apply to full-time associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.