Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,346 reviews matching the search
It is not bad working there for beginner.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
I work as a seasonal department when I start working for 3 month and they change me to the front till. so my experience is god and bud but I would say it is good place to work in general.
Fun Place to Work
UPC Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 April 2017
Airdrie Wal-Mart has a great group of people that are fun and easy to work with. As it is a very busy store there is always lots to do. It is currently undergoing management changes in order to better provide direction and customer assistance. when all the new changes are done it should be a good place to be for both customers and employees
Well structured work environment with great advancement opportunities.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON27 April 2017
I learned a great amount about life in a big organization and many valuable skills. Management was competent enough and were mostly sympathetic to the employees needs.
Pros
Friendly environment
not so great
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 April 2017
it started off great loved the atmosphere, then with new management it became more about pleasing them rather then the customer.
I was really turned off of working for this employer again.
not good long term
In-stock Team (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 April 2017
My location had terrible managers, I have worked at many different jobs and my worst managers were at Wal-Mart. Want to move up in the company? not at Wal-Mart, they hired new managers from out of store and not even rom other Wal-marts.
Amazing place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 April 2017
I loved working here, I honestly miss my coworkers and think about them all the time. This Walmart is small and doesn't include grocery so its not over packed but its a nice Walmart to get the little things you need and the employees are absolutely the most friendly people I have ever met
Good part time job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
Was a good job for a hard time in my life. I worked here as a teenager in high school as well. easy work for low pay, basically everything you would expect from a large retailer.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay
Good work life balance.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
best retail job in the industry today. good benefits balance life and work. The management is very supportive and guide you through when you need assistance.
fun
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB26 April 2017
had a lot of fun and learn a lot of things while woking there.it has developed lot of skills while i was working there and it has improved so many new skills in me.
Pros
new experience
Portrait
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON26 April 2017
Not a very friendly place to work. Not really good hours. Would of liked to do more photography choices then just the sit and pose. Wouldn't work there again.
it was good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 April 2017
healthy environment, good people, good work. very easy to communicate with coworkers and management, very flexible hours. I enjoyed my time there thanks to that.
great service and healthy work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North Park, ON26 April 2017
this company had a great culture and a strong management team. l have gathered an unmatched skill through its management essential course program and on the job experiences both on salesfloor and backroom. A typical day at work can be long but also challenging as well but most enjoyeable part is the celebration of successes and appreciation of associates hardwork.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
long hrs
Decent place to work, just don't expect a lot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 April 2017
I quit another grocery store chain as a cashier to move here, and it was a surprising improvement. However, this is compared to my terrible experience at the last company, so my standards weren't high. As a high school student, this is a really good job and because it's a big store, there's always hours and shifts to take. Overall it's a friendly, casual environment that I enjoyed and it was easy to make friends. The job gets old and repetitive, and managers are constantly making pointless and annoying changes to the workplace, which ultimately lead me to leave.
Pros
lots of breaks, friendly environment
Cons
managers, repetitiveness
Great customer service and teamwork
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON26 April 2017
Working at walmart is a great job for someone just starting out or looking for something to do after retirement. Walmart can improve on some management issues. In my opinion there should be better communication between managers so that customers are getting helped faster
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Miscommunication
Good for student part time job.
Conseillère en vente du secteur de l'électronique (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC26 April 2017
Good for student part time job. They offer flexible schedules and they are very understanding towards student lifestyle. They dont pay much and every year you get 30cent augmentation. Every year you get a bonus depending on customer satisfaction and sales.
A decent start
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON26 April 2017
Generally a good starting job, good flexible hours. Easy to get comfortable and to work with others, not a lot of stress. If you need a quick job I would recommend Wal-mart!
Pros
Long lunches, freedom, comfortable
Cons
Low wage, random hours
second shift employee
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 April 2017
• Provided customer service at the service desk and on the sales floor
• Helped customers understand their problems and suggested economical solutions
• Honestly informed customers about proper maintenance intervals and procedures
• Maintained excellent customer satisfaction rate as evident in positive customer feedback
• Unloaded trucks through hand bombing, organizing and palatizing
Overall not a bad place to work, but don't really want to be there forever.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS26 April 2017
The hardest part of the job is that you can't see what as been rung through, would LOVE to see monitors at the tills. Enjoy working with the team, everyone is so nice.
Pros
Can have an hour lunch if work 7+ hours a day
Cons
Wish there were monitors on the cash to see what was rung through
I like my coworkers
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
I work at night so my review is specifically about night shift. Last year there used to be more people work at night but now they transferred most of the associates to day and afternoon shift. The company still order equivalent amount of merchandise but there are less people that work at night.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
too busy
good coworkers
Electronics and photo lab associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 April 2017
One of the things I liked about working in Walmart, was everybody was really nice and helpful there. All coworkers and Managers were coperative. They taught alot of things, that help me in becoming good employ and a person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.