Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 3, 2016
A good working environment where everyone is treated respectfully. A typical day includes conducting customers transactions and providing them with customer service and any assistance they need.
Productive and fun
Amazing Management
Great customers
Incredibly Supportive Team
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 3, 2016
Management is wonderful; always willing to help you be successful in your daily endeavors, whether it is to advance in the company of Walmart or balance school and full-time hours.
It was only a job, not a career
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Vegreville, ABMay 3, 2016
One of the few places hiring during the time I was looking for a job. No love for managers except for my department manager.
Great place to invest time working with
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Courtney Drive West, Mississauga, Onatario, CanadaMay 3, 2016
Pros: Safe, supportive and great wage
Safe place to work with, great working environment especially co-workers with very supportive staff and above entry level minimum wage. How I wish I can work with their store here in Peterborough, Ontario.
Worst place i've worked in quite some time.
Instock Associate (Current Employee), Stettler, ABMay 3, 2016
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: everything else
They say that the company cares about the employee, and will do what they can for them, this can't be more un-true. Since starting at store 1034 i was promised full-time ect only to be told 5 months later that i'm part-time and am not aloud to work 5 days a week, so that being said i've only been scheduled 3 days a week which makes it so i can't pay rent or my important bills. So if you plan on working at Walmart be sure you go through everything more than once to be sure you're not screwed over like i was along with more than a few other associates that i work with.
Culture Friendly but poor management
Sales Associate (Furniture), Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Come in and to a walk around to do the mandatory clean-up upon arrival. Help customers when they need a hand with an item they want or in need of a carryout
Bad
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 2, 2016
Hated it it was garbage they couldnt accomodate me always changing my hours it was awful what else can i say its walmart...
great environment
Inventory Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Inventory receiving and review of packaging slips to ensure all inventory was received accurately
Operating power material handling equipment to move loads as necessary
Stocking inventory to shelves for customer displays
Organizing stock in the backroom for future requirements
Friendly co-workers
Limited staff and training
Department Manager (Current Employee), CanadaMay 1, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Hours, compensation, Work conditions
Understaffed stores where existing staff is expected to maintain and advance store abilities.

Management communications with staff is limited based on individual managers focus requirements.

Unfortunately it is a typical retail experience in Canada
Exciting workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Challenging and exciting. Work day goes by very fast.
Cons: Can be stressful at times.
Walmart challenges an employee to be productive and develop useful interpersonal skills needed not only on the job, but in all aspects of life. There is seldom a dull moment working for this company.
Wonderful place to work
Sales floor associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 1, 2016
Pros: We do BBQs
Cons: Not the flexible with availability
I truly enjoyed working at Walmart.
I worked in the Auto motive department.
I was always learning new thing everyday.
Only company I know of that gives there employees a discount. And you get profit shares. Great group of people to work with and learn from.
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee), Barrhaven, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Working with Other people.
Cons: Traffic jams
At Walmart pushing carts cleaning washrooms was not my specialty I wanted to move up but it was turned down all the time. I preferred to work as a merchandiser since I had more experience.
Super Experience
Super Center IT Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
Its been great working here,with great work environment and supportive team.I have learned a lot here with work and had great experience working here
I was a Warehouse/Backroom employee at walmart canada
Day Time Associate (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Low Pay
I really enjoyed working at Walmart, there hours were great and the management there was always good to there employees.
Great Environment To Work In
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Not enough employees
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Walmart. On a typical shift I would be in charge of restocking the department or departments I was assigned to for that day. My co-workers at Walmart were all very hard working and were very easy to get along and work with.
Good Times
Department Manager (Current Employee), Stittsville, ONApril 30, 2016
Walmart is a fun place to work. Good staff, busy schedule. Time Management is the key to success if you want to move up in this business.
Outgoing environment, with little possibilities to display potential
Customer Service/ Department Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of routine procedures that had to be carried out daily. As a department manager, I had ensure that price changes were done on time, trailer listings were checked for shortages, the department had to be stocked with merchandise, and my customer service skills were put to the test everyday. I acquired a vast amount of knowledge working for this company. Over the past 10+ years, I grew as a person gaining patience, understanding, and exemplary customer service skills that have helped me in all aspects of my life. The management was approachable and helpful, yet close-minded. The coworkers understood each other, and made the atmosphere comfortable. By far, the hardest part of the job was standing for 7+ hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the everyday customers, and being appreciated by them for all the hard work I did.
Good workplace environment and friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Repetitive work
Greet and cash out customers. Help customers apply for the Wal-Mart Mastercard. Hardest part of the job was the long hours of standing and doing repetitive work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers and talking to them.
Very unorganized workplace. No structure.
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCApril 29, 2016
Pros: great fellow employees
Cons: worst manged store I've ever seen.
A typical day at work was not typical in any way. I never knew from one minute to the next if I was going to be able to complete my task at hand before I was told to leave it and go onto another. Once pulled from said task, the manager that had originally put me on it would come yelling at me as to why I didn't finish what he asked before moving on to present task. It was all very stressful and there was no way in those conditions, to do my job to a satisfactory level. I felt I was being purposely pushed out due to my physical disabilities that made it hard to place me during renovations.
Headquarters