Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 6, 2016
It was hard work with low pay;
Terrible management that took advantage of regular employees;
No benefits
No Union protection

Not a good place to work
terrible work environment!
Deli clerk /produce (Former Employee), walmart north lethbridgeFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything from low pay to being alone for long periods of time .
Walmart is a terrible place to work ! . Low pay ,and when you apply , you undergo an orientation session ,where they promise you the world! . not true at all . And now it has gotten a lot worse since I have worked there . For me you have hit rock bottom when you work at Walmart .
Good working environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Long Hours Shifts, 10 hrs a day.
I have never faced any kind of discrimination among the old and new employees. Both were dedicated to achieve their target and provide hands on to each other when needed.
Nice Experience
Associate (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 4, 2016
It was a friendly environment, people were nice to work with, management was fair. Some days were fast past and some days were slow. The enjoy able part of the job was the people and getting to learn new things.
learning experience
Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: free cookies
my day usually was checking out the production plan and design weekly production. check, maintain and fill the display table and asile. Make sure promotional item are well stocked on floor and in back. communicating with customers regarding any product information or order placment. weekly meeting with mamngement and co workers regarding promotion or shifts. Most enjoable part is baking and cake decoration. Some times the difficult task is dealing withr egular customer if there product has been out of stock for long time.
Not bad, But not good
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: Not appreciated
Walmart suffers from a severe lack of communication, and does not realize what it is to be Loss Prevention, and management will always try yo act as Loss Prevention.
great people, issues with management
Bakery sales associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours, no communication
Walmart was a very interesting place to work with great people. however their is a huge communication barrier between management and the associates. I have requested time off countless times only for it to be completely ignored along with my availability. They also had a big issue with people calling in sick and countless employees have been written up because they were sick.
A day in the life
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Helping people
Cons: hardly any hours
i take care of the fresh and froven department. I take care of the price changes, sales floor counts and backroom counts. I also reserve products such as milk and eggs etc. i also do all the ordering of the milk and eggs etc.I work well with my co-workers.I also work well alone. I show excellent customer service to all my customers
i have learned alot of great things from our management team.
Very Productive Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Dress down days/ Free lunches
Cons: Long, busy hours
A typical day working at Walmart consists of a constant flow of customers and clean up. It is a naturally busy environment but the co-workers that are on your team are always there working side by side with you. The management team is split up into their own departments which makes it easier to understand who to go to when you need something done, or have something specific to talk about. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work load on busy days if we are low on associates, but is easy to catch up once the crowd slows. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with all types of people; associates, managers and customers. I have learned a lot working in retail, I have been able to learn how to work in a quick paced environment, how to handle money and cash registers, and how to properly stock product in a proper manner.
Supportive work environment
Stock Person (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2016
quite busy and fast-paced work environment. People are nice but work can be challenging at times due to the busy schedule and the amount of work.
Cashier and Customer service
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I am currently working at Walmart as a cashier and provide customer service to customers. I enjoy working for this company. My co workers are very friendly. I enjoy working with people on a daily basis.
Safe and productive work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: low staff
Staff was very easily to get along with
Management was very fair
I learned quick and efficient skills in handling sales
Hardest part of my job was the constant busy days, very few slow days.
Yet that was the most enjoyable because it always kept me working and occupied.
Walmart is not a bad place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: employee discount
Cons: lots of heavy lifting
Walmart is not a bad place to work. Its great work experience to prepare you for a very fast paced work environment and for a demanding employer. The coworkers are amazing, sometimes they are like family. The hardest part of the job, is that it is very physically demanding. Lots of heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help someone to save money and watch them leave happy.
Fast Job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), .February 2, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: A lot
You should prepare your mind and body if you get hired.
Too little people doing too much work.
Let it be last resort job.
Believe me.
Very exciting and full of customer interaction
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Swift Current, SKFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Customer service
Cons: Variable shift timings.
Working at Walmart keeps me alive, alive in the sense that I get an opportunity to meet new people, develop public relations and get know different psychologies. I am a very social person so I thrive for being into the crowd, interact with the management and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is again the customer interaction specially the kids and the hardest part is when have to Lift very heavy boxes for scanning them.
Good Company Bad People
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
I loved the company just hated the management. Wal-mart is a great company. And I love the benefits. It was exciting, very fast paced. You will always be busy. Good hours
Work under pressure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: We recieved a 10% discount on lunches
Cons: Long hours when necessary
Constant change in hours. Reduction of hours
Being moved from dept. to dept.
Pressured to do more in less time
Poor communication from management and supervisors
Lack of people skills and team players in some of the co-workers
The hardest part of successfully doing my job was the lack of having the need to fix something and lack of interest and/or appreciation towards the employees by management
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the customers and helping them out in any way I could.
Very Enjoyable Job
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Mount Pearl, NLFebruary 1, 2016
Very enjoyable working with seniors in their time of need. Long hours but at the end of the day you knew you contributed well to them.
Never a dull moment
Cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln Heights, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: 10% all items
Cons: Unfair and unequal rights
I learned all the customer related skills I have now and learned a lot about the company and how it works and treats there employee's.
(My experience is based on the Walmart I worked at)
Management did not follow the procedure's that they wanted us to learn and played favoritism to there employee's who never questioned them.
Good working conditions.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Very good team to work with and good management.Also mix culture but hard working people. Lot of opportunities to learn with different type of customers.
Headquarters