Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,561 reviews matching the search
Working nights and weekends. What else can I say.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 January 2017
I enjoyed working with the people but did not like working all nights and every other weekend.

Not enough staff to cover the store. Always short handed and most of the staff is over worked.
very fast paced "think on your feet"
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 January 2017
Love working here. Great people and team spirit. Always changing and moving forward. Working as a team to get the required things done, lots of fun.

Hardest part of managing is the long day and the changing schedule.
Pros
fast pace-day flies by
Cons
long hours, long weeks
great company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON21 January 2017
great company to work with. great community envolvement. l have learned shoes, deli, and customer service skills as well as a cashier.
Pros
all good
Cons
Nice people, nice environment.
2ND SHIFT INSTOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB21 January 2017
Would recommend working there if you enjoy minimal supervision and hour long lunch breaks. Easy job, and supportive staff.
Pros
Easy to learn and strive within company.
Cons
Management can be scattered.
not a very good place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC20 January 2017
- always told to do jobs other than your own, not giving you the time to do your own job, then becoming annoyed with you for not getting your job done

- Department managers are always called up to work on the tills, because they don't ever schedule enough cashiers

- always reducing your hours even though you were guaranteed full-time @ 37.5/week

- always changing your schedule to make you work hours and days you didn't agree to work

- the manager and any number of the 7 or 8 assistant managers who happen to be working can either be found sitting in McDonalds having coffee or sitting in the office chatting and laughing
Great experience
Central Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
Has a great honor and pleasure to learn from and work for a well-organized team. I learnt lots of technical skills and communication techniques. The experience in Walmart changes my impression and understanding of retail industry, expands my horizon and teaches me how to work in a team of people with different background. I enjoyed my time there.
a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2017
Wal-Mart is a good place to work if you wish to slowly climb the ladder and work you way up or just looking for a part time job.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
generally positive workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB20 January 2017
clock in, start with whatever department I was designated, pull pallets to the floor and stock shelves. take overstock and bin it in the backroom. recieve trucks, mostly dairy and freezer, use powerjack to put them in back freezer and back coolers.

management wasn't always competent in how to get the best of everyone, arguably only had two decent managers throughout my time there.

coworkers generally did their job well, some not so much.

hardest part was never having reliable help with binning overstock, they would always send someone who was too slow or unwilling to learn.

most enjoyable was stocking shelves in the general merchandise portion of the store because it was so easy to do.
Pros
discount card
Cons
bad managers
It's Retail
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2017
It's retail what do you expect. Canada's largest retailer is only out for the money while having very few staff working the floor. But its retail.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB19 January 2017
Walmart was a great place to meet new people, work with different departments and managers. I learnt alot from working at the customer service desk and moving into the customer servic emanager role.
Pros
flexible
Cons
lack of profession
Good workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 January 2017
Great place to work, hard when you're a highschool student and can only work certain hours
It's to flexible with hours
I enjoy the people and customers you meet everyday
Pros
Customers
Cons
Not flexible hours
Constant changes to improve customer service!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2017
My team would always immediately greet me or customers to ensure an environment that best suits all. After all, at the end of the day, I have learned that a customer's experience is very important because that determines if they want to come back. My role is important but being a team-player this involves everyone; including management. I believe putting time aside as my old employment did to set meetings to gather all employees to remind them of the goals and achievements we have brought to push us to continuously improve our service . My co-workers were not only friendly but helpful and enthusiastic which brightens up the atmosphere.

Now dealing with the most difficult part was frustrated customers. Of course eventually we overcome the situation and emotions of anger and come to rationalize and find a solution. It was only difficult to manage time and to prioritize tense situations.

To kindly finish, the most enjoyable part of my job was to be the reason of someone smile. I'd love to be of assistance if it is in my knowledge.
Pros
2 paid breaks
Cons
Necessity to work 2 weekdays a night
Customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 January 2017
It it ok for the beginners but not for worth enough for career wise. I would recommend people to focus on their profession rather than continuing to work in walmart for more than a year
productive
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 January 2017
Work in a highly productive and strong employee\management interpersonal environment. A position where you are appreciated for your hard work and dedication. Trained on other positions.
Pros
working with the staff
Cons
part time
great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS18 January 2017
great coworkers and some management is great only downfall was I was always signing temporary contracts and ended up having my contract end and loosing my position to a person who was working there half as long as me
It was one of those jobs "to get by"
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK18 January 2017
It was an okay place to work. Management didn't care much about the employees. Training was quick and fast paced. Hours seemed to drag on .
Pros
1hour lunch breaks
Cons
boring job to be honest
Micro-Management and Process Masters
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
For the hard working and disciplined only. Networking is key to succeed. Hardest part of the job is that there are numerous things to balance all at once, multi-tasking is a must.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Work Life Balance, Lack of Resources
not the best company to work for
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON17 January 2017
overall the company has gone downhill from when I was first hired. now that they are the only big retailer in Canada it has not got any better. all they concern is the bottom line and do not value their employees as an asset to the company but more like inventory.
great coworkers
Deparetment Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 January 2017
Walmart is a fast past environment. Learning quickly and able to adjust to changes in environment and job tasks are key. I was able to advance quickly in this environment. Multiple managers make it hard to have a concrete long term goal however quick short term goals that are able to make positive change happened often.
Pros
helpful coworkers
Cons
multiple managers
Decent
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB17 January 2017
It's Walmart what are you gonna expect. It's an okay workplace. Good staff and employees worked well together. Good hours