Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,732 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2016
Worked in Walmart for more than 1 year
Everyday comes with new challanges. Good and ethicle work culture.
Overall a very good company to work in.
Pros
Good worl culture
Cons
Very less increment
Very good work environment
Sales Associate Electronic department (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 21, 2016
Its a fun to work in a world's leading company. Learning so many things with friendly and peaceful environment.

Flexible schedule easy to maintain social and work schedule.
Pros
Friendly environment
Pretty good place to work ,easy going co-workers,managers
Over Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 21, 2016
The job is fairly easy just stocking shelves in departments, working nights can be hard but I handle it really well and still have a good work/life balance.Co-workers and managers are easy to get along with and make the job easier to handle. There is quite a bit of physical labour and that is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
constantly busy so work goes by quick and job is not very difficult
Cons
sometimes hours get cut back and i only work 24 hours a week instead of 40
There are definitely worse places to work
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 21, 2016
Employees are friendly and easy to get along with, and most managers are pretty easygoing, but my experience with this place in regard to the workload was very intense. There were several different occasions where I was performing three or more tasks at once (i.e. customer service while dragging loads of carts, while managers were calling for spill cleanups and washroom cleanups, etc,).
Pros
Discount on store items
Cons
Very long hours
Walmart Experience
Sales Associate and Cashier at Trainyards location (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Trainyards, Industrial Ave.May 21, 2016
A typical day of worked consisted of reporting to the on floor supervisors. I started out in the Garden Center and ensured I displayed my best Customer service for all. I spent my time additionally zoning shelves, stocking shelves and cashing out Customers when ready to leave. Next I was moved to the front end and worked as a Cashier and did my very best at ensuring Customer satisfaction. I learned how to adapt to new surroundings, working for Walmart was my first ever job. I learned communication skills by serving Customers, working with fellow co-workers and Management staff. Such as how to articulate what exactly had to be done for either the staff or Customers. Management at Walmart was fantastic, I was so entirely grateful to work under supervision with every member of staff, they were extremely helpful. I say the same for my fellow co-workers, every single person did all they could to help me out as I was learning and showed what it was like to be an excellent retail worker and co-worker. The hardest part of the job was to ensure I constantly asked Customers about signing up for the Rewards MasterCard and ensure I properly communicated all the information they needed to know about its benefits. I was able to do so as well as I could however, there is always room for improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job happened every work day. Working with fellow workers, getting jobs done and helping customers out with what they needed. .
Pros
Exceptional team work
Cons
N/A
Very fast paced environment with lots to do
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work consists of helping all customers with all their needs. Using the till to scan and bag all the items, being the self check out attendant, or being the customer service desk attendant are the alternating jobs I can be assigned for the day. Working at Walmart has provided me with the many life skills such as patience and independent work skills. The management team changes according to their performance, both management and my co-workers are great people to work with and very reliable. The hardest part of the job would be knowing there is a customer that is leaving the store unhappy/unsatisfied, the most enjoyable part of the job is making genuine connections with the customers.
Diverse atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 20, 2016
A typical day is usually stocking shelves ringing up customers and helping customers find what they need. I learned about inventory, security, and the specifics of many new and innovative products. Management was disorganized and often blamed employees for storewide failures. My coworkers were fun to work with and often helped me out in my times of need.
higher management with some pressure...
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2016
it's basically job where you learn how big management group working and taking knowledge how to made growth and take costumer attractive to sell item.
unorganized
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 20, 2016
unorganized and very stressful
management is poor
co-workers are not friendly or helpful
bite my toungue when the management would do something offensive
there was nothing enjoyable
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLMay 19, 2016
-Loved learning new things
- Always busy, shifts go by very fast.
- Co-workers were very fun and friendly, easy to get along with.
- Management was east to talk to.
- Best part of the day was satisfying customers.
- Hardest part of the day was dealing with irate customers.
Pros
Making new friends, satisfying customers.
Cons
Irate customers.
Endroit productif
associé au département de l'électronique (Current Employee) –  Candiac, QCMay 19, 2016
J'ai appris beaucoup de chose en travaillant chez Walmart. La gestion du stress et la demande de la clientèle fait partie des choses que j'ai appris.
about as expected
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 19, 2016
It was a typical cashier position, i handled money, dealt with customers, and maintained a clean area. I learned how to deal with angry, unpleasant customers.
Cons
long hours uneventfull hours
co workers are awesome
Cashier/Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 19, 2016
walmart is a great place to work if you have thick skin.... the people are great management sucks treats you like a number more then a person..... and always asking more from those that do the job and less from those that don't the hardest part of the job is leaving the stress there
Flexible work conditions
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 19, 2016
- Managers are nice
- You can give suggestions and opinions
- They give you tasks that will help you grow
- Co-workers are very dependable and helpful
- They only give few hours
- I learned on how to deal with people
Always busy.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCMay 18, 2016
Always stock to work with multiple trucks coming daily. Always products to restock and organize after busy days with customers.
Productive but monotonous workplace
In-stock Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 18, 2016
A typical day at walmart in recieving would consist of unloading merchandise from trucks, and stacking it on pallets to be later wrapped and sent out to the sales floor.
Overnight Associate
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 18, 2016
You're tasked with completing set jobs, Stocking, Re-organizing, Team work and along with completely tasked jobs assigned to you.
Good place to work. I had three years good experience with the company
Compliance Manager/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BCMay 18, 2016
Good place to work with. I have started my career in Canada at wal-mart. I have learned the management and leadership skills from this company. It has enhanced my knowledge about products and about people. I got the chance to work with different type of people from diverse areas of the world.
Dry Grocery Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Help Customers to find their needs effectively
Manage availability of products in store
Self learning
Time Management
Lifting heavy items
Long, hard days.
Night stocker (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONMay 17, 2016
Hard, laborious work. pay was great and management was pretty good. a lot could be improved upon but it was a good summer job.