Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,539 reviews matching the search
It's walmart
Reno Team/ Overnight Stocker/Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
You work at walmart and you expect what you get basically. They thrive by not overpaying their employees and it shows. Still a decent job though.
A good place to start up
Bakery and Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON16 January 2017
A normal day at work in the 8am to 4pm shift i worked was getting the rest of the packing done if we had a skid I would go to the freezer and take care of it. Good work environment and lots of positive people. Made a lot of nice friends. Management was hit or miss depending on the manager and how they personally felt towards you. Hardest part would be having to catch up on the morning person if they didn't do their job.
Poor Management
Fashion Merchandising Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 January 2017
The job is not stressful but the management needs to improve especially in communicating to employees. When approached for information, managers hardly know what to say.
Pros
Breaks allowed
Cons
Irregular hours
Hours reasonable, not enough coverage
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2017
Walmart doesn't have enough staff coverage and doesn't pay enough based on experience and role in comparison to other companies.
Associates are easy to get along with.
Good parttime job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 January 2017
Worked at Walmart for a year. Worked in the dairy department. Good job, good people. Only left to find sales/business experience and get full time.
Enjoyed the people that I worked with
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL15 January 2017
It was fun because you were always meeting new people. I learned responsibility and scheduling and how to work with balancing money.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I hardest part of the job was working in extreme cold temperatures.
Pros
Gained work experience
Cons
There was no bathroom provided which made shift work difficult at times
HVDC not a good place
Warehouse man (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB15 January 2017
brutal, non-engaging environment.
the snowball effect of slackers is too much.
keeping me on contract for 5+ months not updateing me on my performance. and i'v proven to out preform 3/4 of the staff.
Not worth your time.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK Preston Crossing14 January 2017
No hours, managers never around when you need them despite how much you page for help, minimum wage pay, training is very poor from any associate, working there was easy, co workers weren't very friendly.
Pros
Tasks are easy once you learn on your own.
Cons
Not enough hours, minimum wage, poor management.
A Good Job for people who are just starting out in the job market or retired.
Associate, Overnight Stocker - Currently employed (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 January 2017
The job is good as in it routine so you can get to know it well. It is not physically demanding, but you spend lots of time on your feet. There is minimal opportunity for advancement. Senior staff tend not socialize with the workers during the shift nor outside of work hours.
Pros
Minimal supervison
Cons
Night shift
Great Place
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 January 2017
I haven't been there very long, but everyone I've gotten to know have been fantastic. Everyone teaches me something new every single day.
Enjoyed most part
Cashier / Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 January 2017
Working for Walmart was more difficult. When you apply and in the interview process they ask the hours, days and times you are unable to work. I was always scheduled in to work days and times that I was to be in school. I would then need to switch shifts with a co-worker and then they were frustrated with me because I would not keep my own scheduled shift. It was also hard once they had change shift managers.
Pros
great co-workers. lots of experience
Cons
scheduled you in hours you were unable to work
Meh!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON13 January 2017
I was employed by Walmart for 3 years. In that 3 years I applied for numerous advancement with no luck!
I had medical issues and because I was part time, I was forced to leave my position.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Terrible Hours, No Opportunity for Advancement
liked the hours
Store Set (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON13 January 2017
i liked that i was able to work midnights. but wish i had more of an opportunity to be hired on in another department when this position was done. Some of the people on my shift had no clue what they were hired for and more or less stood around dumbfounded watching a few of us most of the time
Pros
midnight shift
Cons
coworkers who had no clue what they were to be doing
MY First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 January 2017
Wal-Mart is a very interesting company to work for and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience that I was afforded. The pay is good, the people are great.
started working at the very start of the opening
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 January 2017
met some great people and had a lot of fun. experienced a lot of different people with different issues and helped to resolve problems as they occurred.
Awesome employers, with friendly coworkers, overall great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 January 2017
I would usually start at 6:45 opening the store, clock in/out, get my assigned register, count my till, change the papers, put cash bags in all registers, put out new merchandise, greeted customers, cleaned conveyor belts, pushed for walmart mastercards, cashed out customers.

Learned how to use a different type of cash register than what i was used to, how to properly bag groceries

management was great except for one occasion which is also the reason i no longer work for walmart

I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers, they were friendly and always helpful

The job was relatively stress free
Pros
Lots of hours, Plenty of time for lunch
Great team
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS12 January 2017
A typical day at work involved:
 Helping customers find the right product.
 Stocking shelves using inventory from the backroom.
 Zoning shelves, arranging and modifying displays.
 Using Telxon barcode scanner to manage inventory and check stock.

I learned how use a Telxon barcode scanner.

Management were a upbeat and helpful group.

My co-workers I got know as friends and we worked together as a unit or team with everyone helping each other out.

The hardest part of the job was being responible for half of the store or more at once.

The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy and having wonderful co-workers.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Very large store to cover
No appreciation
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 January 2017
Management changes all the time, really is a hit or miss. Not appreciated at all, even when you go above and beyond your job description. Associates are all pretty good people, some of them will come to you with concerns, as many don't seem to trust management and the "open door policy" (Open door policy is a policy that allows anyone to freely speak without fear of consequences, judgement, etc.) Lack of communication between LP and management most times. However, lots of freedom, making your own schedule, management barely notices when you're in (could be a pro or con). Home office/DLPMs always add to your job description with no sort of appreciation, compensation, etc.
Pros
Training, Freedom, Make you own schedule, Discount card, Building Police relationships
Cons
Management, Lack of recognition, No hands on policy, Added stress, New policies/jobs added all the time
Always Productive,Knowledgeable and great team work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sagehill NW Calgary11 January 2017
With Walmart Everyday and even every moment is to learn something. This is the most important part of any job if you always learn new things day by day. Walmart gives a lot of opportunities to their associates and the best thing is the environment in which you work alone and in a team as well. the most enjoyable thing is to cooperate each other to help the customers and customer service is a great opportunity to learn things in a great way.
The whip is cracked, you better move it!
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
A typical day, I start with the returns processing and usually have a few managers add more shopping carts of deleted items to the line of stuff to processes. Throw out the garbage, lots of garbage, print vendor returns, get items into claims, finalize claims to ship, finalize faxed claims to ship, process and ship vendor returns, have lunch. After lunch send out more faxes, sort and distribute new vendor returns, do transmittal's, Sort, Donation and Food Bank programs and clean up. Hopefully, no manager will come and add more duties to the list.
I have learned the hard sad truth that some of the assistant manager just view me as their own personal garbage woman and i should be ready to jump as soon as they bark.
My co-workers are wonderful because most of them understand what I mean when I just say one or two managers names. We also enjoy the times that we can sit down at lunch together and just chat and laugh.
Pros
after 15 days accident free; donuts
Cons
everyone is so stressed, we rairly make it to 15 days