Walmart

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Receiving Team (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 20, 2015
always great starter job, meet new people always changing, many different places to working stores always opening. really labor intensive depending where your working
Productive and very cultural place to work at
Product Developer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2015
Very fast paced company. Don't have a daily routine as there are always new goals to be accomplished by the end of the day. Have a life work balance, which is important to me and my family.
My first Job out of High School
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
This was my first job out of high school and at the time it was all i needed, not much room for advancement or growth. Great job for those starting out in the job force.
front end cashier
Cashier, Stock shelves (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 20, 2015
I was a front end cashier. stocked shelves, cleaning duties. I enjoyed my coworkers and the front end management. I really enjoy retail an would like to find another job doing the same work.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Mount Pearl, NLApril 19, 2015
Very busy environment and any employee here must be people oriented as there is a lot of people interaction - good and bad.

Great place to work.
A Tense Place to Work
Sales Associate and Over-Night Stocker (Former Employee), Vernon, BCApril 18, 2015
Pros: Staff Discount
Cons: Management
You never know when someone from will jump down your back for something you may or may not have done.
Management is never really satisfied with what you do. And, they don't care about the individual as a person, regardless of the company policies.
The only ones that go anywhere with the company are the ones that they take a total liking to.
experience was ok
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 18, 2015
Pros: easy hours
Cons: slow advancement in career
Renovation crew was good, i enjoyed work with them.
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment.
Hardest part of job was stocking the shelves.
Most enjoyable part was " I don't remember"
management
Assistant Manager Sales (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 17, 2015
Wal-Mart is a fantastic place to work as a manager. I loved my job but what I didn't like is not being able to have a life out side of work. Couldn't plan anything I wanted to put my child in a after school program for six month and they couldn't guarantee to give me one evening a week off to be able to do this.
Great Place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: incentives
Cons: not very goos shifts
My typical day at work would include multiple customers. I have learned that every customer has different needs The most enjoyable part about working at Walmart is the people who come in on a daily basis, with out those people we would not have a job, so we must be thankful for them.
Excellent work life balance, oppurtinities abound
Intstock Supervisor (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts available, stock purchase plan, profit sharing, benefits for full time individuals
The typical day begins before 7am with a backroom inspection. Within two hours you will have assisted with the receiving of general merchandise. Picks must be completed hourly. Inspections of equipment will be conducted and completed before use. Fifteen minute break commences after 9am. Complete audits and picks and assist with stocking of shelves via communication with sales staff. Assist third parties as per demand. Ensure third parties in the stockroom are not left unattended. Ensure visitors have checked into the building and that they are wearing proper attire, i.e. no open toe shoes. One hour lunch at 11am or later. Commence improvement of stockroom when opportunities arise. 2pm begin preparing stockroom for receiving by 2nd shift associates. Day ends at 3:30pm or later as per demand.
Nice Job very fun and fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 16, 2015
a typical day of work for me would consist of serving lots of customers very fast checking out various items

i learned how to better deal with people as well as the cash register and learned that i really enjoy being a cashier

the management was ok they really pushed for the sales of mastercards

the hardest part of the job was selling master cards to the customers

the most enjoyable part was the fast pace and dealing with lots of people all the time
Leading Big Box Retailer with like-minded skilled people
Category Manager (Omni-channel) (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioApril 16, 2015
Pros: Building relationships within cross functional team
Cons: Work life balance was effected
- Managing both in store and e-commerce assortment and overall sales
- Monitoring/forecasting financial sales metrics and P&L daily.
- Managing marketing execution and promotional strategies.
- Learned managerial/mentoring experience, and vendor negotiating/relations skills.
- Strong effective and supportive management, however multiple leadership changes can potentially be unsettling.
- Co-workers provide positive environment and team cohesion, and willing to support as needed. Understanding of corporate nuances and opportunities.
- Enjoyed the experience to work in a truly cross functional environment. Have my input and voice heard in terms of project launches and execution.
Not good.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: 10% off.
Cons: Managers, weird hours.
I didn't enjoy working there at all. I won't be the one to generalize and say that all the Walmarts are like the, but I definitely did not get to work in a nice environment. The managers weren't very nice and considerate and neither were the employees. It was like working in jail. Sorry!
Double Edge Workplace
Instock Associate (Former Employee), 1675 Regent AvenueApril 16, 2015
The days at Walmart were well enough. Nothing special. working in the backroom area was a day of grunt/physical work, which was one of the few things at the end I still enjoyed.
I had learned how to inprove my leadership skills as well as being trained on Power Equipment,
The management team did fairly well. I wish they had more available training. For example; The last 3 Backroom managers I had needed training from myself. No Hourly should ever have to train a Salary in my opinion.
My co-workers were a great bunch of people. The hardest thing about leaving my previous job was leaving the people I respected the most.
The job itself was fairly decent and the only difficulties came into play when their "budget" did not allow enough workers and we almost always felt shorthanded. Go through a Walmart in the afternoon and you will almost always hear someone paging a cashier or someone to their Dept. post.
The most enjoyable part of the day was working with most of the people there. I had made some great connections in my decade with this company.
Good money for the type of work involved.
Associate (Various Positions) (Former Employee), Summerside, PEApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: long hours
This job is not for the faint at heart. This was a beef processing plant and very physically intensive. You need to have a completely different mind set to work there. Overall great people to work with.
good atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: friendly meetings, donation activities.
Cons: working alone
Very good and supportive environment at work. I learned about cash handling and handling of accounting reports. Management is very helping. Extremely friendly co-workers I have at work. Initially i found cash count is difficult, but now it is easy.
Great Company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa South, OntarioApril 14, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, Great hours, Great starter wages
Cons: Long Hours, Busy work environment
Walmart is a great company to work for. Management is very understanding and encourage you all the time to improve. Typical day working at walmart is pretty fast paced but a great enviorment for growth and improvement.
One of the Best Jobs I've Ever Had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCApril 13, 2015
Pros: The team of employees working together, the management and their incredible work ethic and dedication to their employees, the opportunities of moving up in the store and the company, the benefits of working for the company.
Cons: Limited part time hours
During my time at the Salmon Arm Walmart Supercentre, while short due to changes in living situation, I was able to work at a solid pace and was given the liberty of initiating and completing tasks by myself, and with communication from coworkers about tasks that still needed to be completed. My job in Electronics was to provide excellent customer service to shoppers, discuss products that shoppers inquired about and explain differences between specific products; in the Photo Centre, as it was attached to Electronics, it was our duty to provide the best service possible, make sure all photo orders were properly organized and filed for later pick-up, and assist customers when necessary on the Kodak Picture Kiosks. I learned what to do with overstock, such as how to place overstock in lock-ups in an organized and efficient manner, and how to create and place a variety of price tags and price changes throughout the department.
The management team took into careful consideration any concerns/issues/areas of improvement colleagues suggested and discussed, regardless of position and seniority, which is always a very positive thing. If at any time there was something going on outside of work, the management team took time out of their shifts to listen and suggest positive advice -- this is very key as while it is an employee's duty to leave home problems behind the entrance doors of their jobs, it can be very difficult to, and I appreciated this greatly.
My team of co-workers were varied by personalities and work ethic, and I appreciated them all uniquely; the team I worked with – more... was a fantastic team. The positive attitudes of the team were up-lifting, inspiring, and help to make each day that much better. My time with the team was an awesome experience and while they have since left and gone their own ways, I will forever appreciate working with them.
My time at Walmart was a fantastic experience; any of the time I spent at work at my other jobs was a fantastic experience and I am so glad that I was able to be a part of them all. The positive and caring attitudes of my coworkers continually inspires me to be the best employee I can be, and I hope to continue having positive experiences in the future. – less
Very friendly place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Corner Brook, NLApril 13, 2015
I've learned so much at Walmart. I love my co-workers, customers, managers and the work environment. I really like getting to interact with so many different people and learning new things.
productive and fun workplace
Stocker (Current Employee), surrey,bcApril 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch on occasion
Cons: nothing
it is fast paced organised work.I learned a lot of new things about work.the staff is very freindly and supportive.Co-workers are always ready to help ,a very professional enviourment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more