Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,149 reviews matching the search
Retail
Health & Safety Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Good place to make connections. Management shows no appreciation with no room for growth. worked at the mississauga location and management gives you false hopes of growing with the company but do not actually help you move up.
Pros
co-workers are very helpful
Cons
long work hours, no appreciation, no benefits, no full-time positions offered, no room for growth
Wallmart is good workplace doing fundraising
Department manager (Former Employee) –  WattcommonSeptember 25, 2016
Wallmart is good workplace. Always help community with charity and it's a really good company to work with them. Really good management and helpful staff and co workers. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Free lunches
Exeptional work space
McDonald's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at work was always fun because my co-workers and customers were always kind. My favourite part of the job was putting a smile on a guests face. The hardest part of working at McDonalds was when there would be bit of a wait and the guests were not served within two minutes.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
No overtime
Lots of friendships
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NSSeptember 24, 2016
At wal-mart i have made some incredible friendships that will last a life time. Everyone that i have worked with over the past year and a half have been the nicest and sweetest people i have met. I am very lucky to have had the experience to work with such amazing people.
Pros
friendships, hours
Cons
hard to switch departments if unhappy
Team Member (part time) (Current Employee) –  lougheed town centerSeptember 24, 2016
a very good place to work. u learn a lot here and earn too much.
u got a lot of services like medical coverage.
u got flexible hours and and shifts.
everyone understans your situation.
Productive place
Shift Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2016
Working as a shift associate which includes handling of unloading,shifting ,stacking and stocking of general merchendising.Also includes the maintaining of warehouse as well as picking of general marchendise from the warehouse.
Pros
discount card system
Cons
Hard job
Fun workplace with friendly people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 23, 2016
A typical day at work goes by very fast because their is always things to do to keep you busy. The people I work with are all very friendly including all the managers.
Pros
flexible hours
I push carts
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2016
I work really hard. I do so much at walmart. I have nerve damange but yet they don't care. I've asked to be moved departments and they said no. I'm always in pain
Over all good experience
Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 23, 2016
At the time was a good place to work, management and co workers created fun atmosphere. Management willing to help your progression up the ladder. Over all good experience.
cool job with great perks and even better experience
overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 22, 2016
a typical day of work is heading there at 11:00PM and pulling out all the stock from the back, organizing it to what aisle it goes into and then putting it on the shelves. i learned to use a pallet jack and also how to work better with others. management switched up alot, from the time i worked there i had many different managers so it got a little confusing. The co-workers were great and i still call many of them friends to this day. the hardest part about the job is being awake all night and missing out on "normal" people stuff like being awake during the day. what i most enjoyed about the job was the opportunity to do something different and feel like my work had meaning.
Pros
kind co-workers
Cons
odd break times
Excellent Starter Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONSeptember 22, 2016
I was a cashier who worked well with coworkers and management.
Many opportunities for advancement. Hardest part of the job was work life balance and low salary.
Excellent Company
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham & Highway 7September 22, 2016
Enjoy every aspect of this company and their employees.
Very organized and maintained. The employee care about their customers and enjoy their jobs.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2016
In a fast paced environment, Walmart made for a workplace in which balancing customer service and pushing stock was key for success. I enjoyed my time there
ok
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ONSeptember 21, 2016
need to be more understanding of peoples lifestyle. Part time shouldn't always have to require student hours. Assistant mangers are terrible
Pros
job is ok
Cons
hours dont work for families
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2016
Even tho I only worked at walmart for 4 months I feel like it's a wonderful place to work, both colleagues and management staff are warm and friendly, they really do care about you as a person, and I love that the company is so diverse, and treats everyone equally.
Pros
McDonald's next door😂, reasonable staff discount
Cons
Hours were not consistent
Productive fast paced environment that was fun and friendly.
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Great environment, treats their employees very well, company treats employees to free lunch, coffee, food etc.

Learned a lot about bin auditing, inventory check and order processing. Long hours, but was given three given breaks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and satisfying customers, as well as the one hour lunch break.

The hardest part would be either unloading a truck that has defective products and or messed up skids, or pulling a heavy pallet.
Pros
Free Lunches
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 20, 2016
Wage needs to be better for employee retainment I would think or I wouldn't be looking for more work some of the management could be better than is for sure but overall decent place to work for a student
Pros
Flexible schedules
okay work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 20, 2016
the work environment is okay. management needs improvement. management is only fair to selective employees.
CUSTOMERS ARE FRIENDLY. Benefits are good. employee discount is fair.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Walmart is a great place to learn and grow within the company. All training is provided to perform your job requirements.
Pros
learning
A independent Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2016
A job that allows you to watch soccer games and enforces the many rules to the best of your abilities. this job really helps build independent skills and being able to manage your own schedule