Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,939 reviews matching the search
productive and made long time friends
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 24, 2016
most days uneventful
learned codes for produce items and how to bag groceries properly
some management were approachable and some were not.
had great and supportive co-workers. Walmart MasterCard promotion was very difficult to do felt very uncomfortable.
made long time friends
Pros
making friends
Cons
Walmart Mastercard
Every thing good
Department manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2016
Work is life and life without work is nothing ,It means there is no peace and any opportunity for moving forward in life.
large coorporate company
Menswear Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCJuly 23, 2016
working in menswear I put out new stock, assisted in price changes, customer service. I also helped answer the stores switchboard and paged for phone calls. I ensure my area was clean and there was nothing on the floor, and took part in the stores safety sweep for loss prevention and checking for hazards in my area.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
big compay, not much upper management interaction
not a fan of managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCJuly 23, 2016
not a fan of management or how the buisness is run, hiring more people when not needed and not doing anything when more people are needed
Friendly coworkers not so friendly customers
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCJuly 22, 2016
A typical day is busy and hectic with lots to due and little time to do it the understanding management kind co-workers and the warm environment help get through the day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude borderline hostile customers
Fun place to work with lots of chances to grow and advance
Photo Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSJuly 21, 2016
Co-workers are all great to work with, it's a fun environment.
You have all kinds of opportunities to learn new stuff and to try different positions.
The only downfall I would note, is that some of the male management can be a bit rude.
Other than that it is a fantastic place to work.
productive
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 21, 2016
A typical day as a Walmart receiving employer would include receiving shipments of merchandise requiring great effort and dedication to complete. I have learned how to operate work related equipment using a great deal of safety. The management at Walmart is good. My co-workers are friendly and I easily bond with every single member of Walmart. The hardest part of the job would include heavy lifting, when it comes to heavy merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job would include working with friendly co-workers.
Pros
10% discount on all Walmart merchandise
Cons
long hours, underpaid
good people
cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2016
A great place to work and the people are easy to get along with.Everyday a challenge and everyday a different outcome.Working with all types of customers and meeting their individual needs is very satisfying.
ok workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NLJuly 21, 2016
would rather not have to work at Walmart ever again, 7 night shifts with 2 days off then 3 nights for 2 more days off. Above reason is why I would rather not work there again.
My thoughts about Walmart
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJuly 20, 2016
I learned a lot from working at Walmart like how to handle customers of all sorts, learned a lot about all the different deparments and where things were, got to set up a produce department, bakery, and deli for a grand opening and found myself working in the Produce afterwards. I liked my job it was good made job-friends with people in the other new departments but not all co-workers liked me. Management of Walmart was good but the management in my department not so much. Hardest part of my job was having to be nice to my rude fellow co-workers but i always found a way to forget about it positively. And the most enjoyable part was working for a really great and big company, id definitely work at another walmart again.
greedy compaany
Mid Level/Photo Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 20, 2016
worked for woolco and was hired on by Walmart and was good for the first years but then Walmart started to do cuts made a lot of employess over worked
Pros
people
Cons
company
Fun workplace, but also stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 20, 2016
Working at Walmart had its ups and downs, but I was still able to get through the day with a smile on my face. I learned how to deal with customers in a proper matter and made them leave with a resolved issue.
Pros
Associates were very friendly
Its was good for as long as I worked there
truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 20, 2016
I found that what I was doing at wal mart fit me perfectly. I was full time then part time. Although a little drama on the job it seemed as though everyone just wanted to get the work done. It was good for where I was at for the time.
Good career starter compamy
Produce Stocker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 20, 2016
Walmart was a fun and relaxed work environment and it was a very good job to gain experience and knowledge for the future. The management were good and friendly and the sales staff were all very helpful.
A wide variety of job opportunities
Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 19, 2016
It is a fast paced retail environment.
It provides a wide variety of job opportunities if you are willing to relocate throughout the country.
The current store model has shifted from it's hallmark maverick mentality of the Sam Walton era, to a cookie cutter, policies and procedures format.
Just follow the program, is their new hallmark mentality.
Pros
ability to transfer across the country
Cons
Long retail hours, working holidays, all shifts
receiver
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 19, 2016
confirming the products that come into the store and scanning them in with a telxon gun and making sure the counts are correct
Enjoyable, and benificial
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCJuly 19, 2016
Working at Walmart was very enjoyable, We were very much like a family and all got along very well. The management is fun and easy to talk to, and respectful of staff. It was very rare to have a hard day at work there, customers were great and friendly and there was very few rules.
Pros
getting along with everyone, benifits, seeing new faces, and lots of hours
Cons
some rude customers
I was a cashier in walmart it was an interesting job we met many customers i enjoy meeting people.
cashier (Former Employee) –  stoney plainJuly 19, 2016
I was working at stoney plain Edmonton.I like customer service and cashier;it is an interesting job meeting people and helping them
a postive upbuilding fast pace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 19, 2016
a normal day at work went pretty fast. always busy . friendly supervisors. boss was easy to talk to and very understanding
Just a Number/Minmum wage/ Men stay away.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
NEEDS Union. This is the company thats racists to its core, they harp on immigrants like slaves, with minimum wage. They use and abuse staffs who have low self esteem or new commers with no choice. 90% staff are "Others" while upper management is opposite. Very few males on the floor. If you are a men, you have to do everything, for a minimum wage not worth it. No room for growth as the company does not believe in promoting from within. No sucession plans for employees. I was told that I will be promoted within 6 months, based on my experience and education. They got me working hard, I was doing carts, building shelves/mods every 2 weeks, cleaning etc. Was physically drained. You will be haressed by lazy managers, especially female ones.
Pros
Cons
Everything.