Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,990 reviews matching the search
Busy workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 August 2017
As an associate in the electronics department, a bulk of the work is carried by us. Aside from helping customers with buying electronic products and providing cashier support, I also had to answer questions about other departments. Sometimes, we will be asked to help out in these other departments as well, with zoning and stocking.

The hours are long as well. If you're PT, you may get up to 35 hours a week, which is above the 28 hour limit. Personally, I didn't sign up for FT. And if you are scheduled for 28 hours, you may also get called in. Be careful, because my manager tends to guilt trip me into going.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Long hours for part timers, busy with multiple departments
Walmart is an okay place to at
Meat Stocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 August 2017
They give considerable good pay to start out with compared to most common jobs. However the management there is not the best at all. Did not consider my availability and treated me very badly thus I quit Walmart.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Can't go on break if you are the only one working in the department
Fast Pace
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 August 2017
Unloading trucks and putting stock away on shelves, always keeping busy and makes the shift go by quickly. Help customers when they are inquiring for certain stock.
Fast pace environment working with a great team.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 August 2017
Management is very flexible and easy to talk to if you have any questions.
Fast pace environment filling prescriptions for customers, answering phone calls, sending and receiving faxes, filing, calling insurance companies, doctor's offices, and hospitals.
The hardest part to working in the Pharmacy is when we are very busy that we make sure prescriptions get filled in a timely manner for the customers.
I enjoy meeting new people and helping them everyday.
Excellent starter job.
Overnight Merchandiser - Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2017
Great staff. Fun place to work. Good teamwork, Highly recommend. Well organized. Excellent work environment. Close to home. Great customers. I highly recommend this store as a starter job for youth and adults alike. Thank you.
fun place to work, depending on your position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  British Columbia17 August 2017
When I worked here, I did not like the way that the manager spoke to me or other employee, it was belittling and just not mature or grown up. Made it a place where I did not want to be, to the point of calling in sick every other shift and ended up just leaving. They show favouritism and just the atmosphere of the workplace was not fun for me personally.
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2017
Good work place, standard work culture, salary and benefits are very competitive and very good colleagues and supportive management.
I learnt a lot about the administrative functions.
Pros
Free lunch and transport
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton17 August 2017
Walmart is a great place to work with great work-life balance. Managers are accommodating and allow to switch shifts as needed. Variety of shifts are available depending on what you are looking for.
Fun coworkers
Regent Aevenue - Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2017
co-workers are great but management expects one person to do the job of many. Many times people are called up to cash leaving their stations unattended.
Learning curve
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 August 2017
• Resolved customer complaints relating to product issues, returns, and other general problems in the store.
• Prepared, balanced, and managed register floats for up to 30 registers at a time.

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
fun work place
ACCOUNTING OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2017
Fun work place, all managers are supportive, enjoyment in work, no tensions, motivation in work, multi culture activities. but salary are not good. some time not getting enough hours.
Location is key
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 August 2017
The store I work at is awful. Associates complain about management regularly. I have volunteered at different stores, and the associates there speak so highly of their management team.

Honestly, store 3001 is NOT the store that's number 1.

Also. IF you're a Walmart shopper reading this... Us cashiers HAVE to ask you for MasterCards or else we get written up.
Ridiculous right?
eh
Cahier (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON16 August 2017
its ok, they gave me too many hours, didn't really respect my time, but the CSMs and coworkers were awesome, A really high ratio of people leaving to people coming in,though.
Pros
lots of staff events
Cons
lack of communication with managers
Not a good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
over work their employees.
racist
very very rude.
cross contamination constantly.
110 watt common Walmart should be closed down.
more complaints then compliments.
pick and choose who they like to treat good or bad and they usually treat the white people very badly.
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB16 August 2017
I enjoyed working in my department at Walmart. There was always plenty of work to do and the people I worked with were great to be around. The managers were always accommodating.
Pros
Fun environment, great people
Cons
a lot of noise, stress
Fun workplace with coworkers
Fresh Produce associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 August 2017
It's a popular wholesale in north america, hence the increasing popularity in the chain and so the number of clients is increasing. Thanks to that, the number of employees is big as well and so we meet different type of people in our surroundings.
Meh
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  moose jaw16 August 2017
Not a bad job, management wasn't very caring and didn't seem to care to help anyone with any problems. Work wasn't too bad and the co workers were amazing.
Pros
yty
Cons
tytyty
Flexible work hours
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON15 August 2017
Management provides flexible hours, however managers are strict on shift changes, such as students should work at least 3 nights of closing and has to be the weekend.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
Managers tend to be rude
horrible
Internal Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON15 August 2017
This position I did not enjoy at all. Management was not nice to work for. Our jobs were micro managed and the staff were not friendly at all. The training fr new employees was just not there
Walmart
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB15 August 2017
Usually understaffed so you would work alone most days. Had to do multiple shifts on cash while having other work to do.The managers never scheduled enough people but the same amount of work was expected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.