Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
MY EARLY MORNING SHIFTS
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBAugust 26, 2015
I REALLY ENJOY MOST OF MY CO -WORKERS. I LIKED THE FACT THAT I KNEW EVERYDAY BEFORE GOING TO WORK WHAT I WOULD BE DOING THE NEXT DAY
people are nice, fun place, strict
Cashier (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONAugust 24, 2015
loved working with the people there and seeing the public, hardest part of the job was dealing with not so nice customers
fun to work
Courtesy Desk Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, A.B.August 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch and insentives
Cons: long hour
You must have lots of patience and understanding for the customer. The management understand what the needs of there employee and they give support each other.The most enjoyable part of my job is having fun working with my co-worker.
Work with wonderful staff
Cashier/Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2015
Cons: no full time offers
everyone is easy to work with. nice to have more extra shift. If only Walmart will give full time opportunities I will grab it and work my way up.
Flexible job
Front store cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 21, 2015
I was able to take time off for exam times so that was really a benefit of working at Walmart. They were easy going. I was not very much pleased by management. I had worked there for a very long time yet some managers still did not know my name. This made me felt not important within the workplace and it came to show that Walmart does not care about their employees.
effective, productive and fun work place
CASHIER BC (Former Employee), BCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: best work place
very nice, effective and cooperative place. work environment is like family. supporting staff, manager and management. Good customer experience and respectful.
Wal-Mart Manager
Assistant Manager; Co-Manager; Store Manager (Former Employee), Various - 12 different citiesAugust 21, 2015
P& L reviews
Daily tour notes-with department heads and assistant managers
Scheduling-hourly and management on a weekly basis
Operational reviews-mark down procedures, refund procedures, store opening/closing practices.
Loss prevention
Associate reviews-yearly rate associates on the job performance in multiple areas.
Customer Service
Promote's enagagment and associate training for a well balanced career.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Rewarding seeing effort come to fruition
Cons: Long work hours
World's largest retail chain that promotes associate engagement, respect for the individual and striving for excellence. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting will customers and fellow associates. Exceeding KPI's, was the most challenging aspect of the job but well worth the reward.
Fast-paced environment, with many opportunities and experiences
UPC/INVOICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Montreal, QCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: The Associates
Cons: Not enough hours in the day to complete everything would like to complete
Walmart is a fast-paced environment....associates are continuously busy dealing with clients, associates and day to day paperwork. This Walmart is multi-cultural, which is quite interesting, being able – more... to learn about each other's culture. I always enjoy working alongside these wonderful people. Working as UPC Associate, I am able to benefit from working with all departments and levels of management, even dealing with Walmart customers. – less
Productive workplace with an incredible staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St VitalAugust 20, 2015
Pros: non paid lunches, not enough hours given out
Cons: long hours
Big corperation with room to advance, Fun and polite staff to work with and a friendly group of Managers, The days do feel longer then any other job ive worked at .
Loved my coworkers
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Some free lunches, "family" environment
Cons: long hours, busy day
Hard place to work, very very busy, if you thrive under pressure this would be a great work environment.
Management was not that great. I would book time off with 2 months in advance and they would not – more... give it to me, and I would have to find people to cover on my own. Were patronizing and rude.
Loved my coworkers.. we always had a lot of fun
Customers were horrible and obnoxious.. I worked customer service desk and had a couple people throw things and was yelled at several times, however, that's possible to happen anywhere you work. – less
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
I had fun working with such a lively team. Friendly, dedicated and inspiring. Keep it up wherever you are guys. Looking forward to a greater time.
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
Cashier, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), SaskatchewanAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 10% discount.
Cons: Poor management, high turn over rate, lazy employees.
Walmart was probably the worst place that I have ever worked. I worked there for 2 years while I was in high school; I started as a cashier, then moved to be a Customer Service Rep (working at the return – more... desk), then I moved to working in Cosmetics/Jewelry. Management and other employees treat younger people like pure trash. They didn't care how hard you worked, if you've never called in sick, always done your job; to them you were a lazy piece of garbage. Working as a cashier = worst job ever. I was constantly yelled at about an item not being the price the customer wanted, getting an employee from that department to tell me that the price that came up was in fact, correct, and the customer still take it out on me. Working at the customer service desk was pretty bad too. People always yelling at you for not returning something, and then id point to the GIANT sign that states our return policies, show it to them on the back of the receipt and then they would still ask to see a manager. During the two years that I worked at Walmart we had gone through 3 different store managers. They all sucked, none of them were ever in the store and when they were they hid out in their office. Overall, working here is not worth the disgusting wage they give you. No one deserves to put up with this terrible place everyday. – less
Busy and productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Leduc, ABAugust 19, 2015
- always have something to do
- learnt patients when dealing with a angry customer
- management was always positive and upbeat
- everyone is kind and willing to help each other out when needed
- standing in one spot all day
- the end of your shift when you can go home and relax after a busy day
very stressful place to work
instock associate (Current Employee), spruce groveAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free snacks on 20 accident free days, 30 days free lunch, 50 electronic draw
Cons: makes the workers feel responsible for managemnts mistakes. works everyone like dogs
work is extremely stressful, management runs excuse circles so they are never the ones to blame, management always works their fast pace workers like dogs and never gives them appreciation. never take responsibility to train their workers properly
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 19, 2015
had awesome co workers and love the fast pace environment...............................................
........................................
.........
....................
Fun with Customer service job
Customer Service Specialist (Electronics) (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Adding for knowledge to what I know before
Cons: Sometimes looked cumbersome doing repetitive duties
I find it extremely enjoyable working as a customer service specialist because I get to assist customers with different and peculiar problems.
Productive work place
cashier, photo lab (Former Employee), weyburn , red deerAugust 18, 2015
It is a good company to work for , mut attached to procedures and regglas , good working environment , a lot of teamwork .
Friendly , hardworking people
bat salary
Great Company
Overnight stock representative (Former Employee), mississaugaAugust 17, 2015
Pros: money and co workers
Cons: none
Absolutely amazing days
how to manage time and organize section well and tackle high demands
co workers were so good
is adjusting as fast as possible but i tackle it like a pro
the end of the day and to know you did good and the pay
it started off nice but the longer i stayed and worked there the worse it got
General Labourer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: long hours, alot of runing around and weird hours or not insufficient hours worked
they treat you like your a machine, one week your working 40 hours the next your working 20 or less and sometimes your working for 2 to 3 weeks on

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more