Walmart Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working in Jewelery Department
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB20 February 2017
Customer Service, Merchandising, Planagrams,
Modulars, Taking Orders

Dealing with customers one on one.

Organizing and doing returns on a dealine
awful management
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 February 2017
The management on the Walmart at Highstreet Mall is too arrogant and disorganized. They don't have respect for employees; and make them feel like slaves. Worst management I've ever worked for.
Pros
stocks are available to employees
Cons
managent too arrogant and disorganized
Didnt really like working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 February 2017
It wasn't really a bad place to work. I got along with the employees but not the managers they were always on my behind and grinding me for nothing.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON20 February 2017
Very busy store but can be very satisfying. Great Team atmosphere.
As a customer service manager I was able to learn most front end positions which was quite interesting and enjoyable.
If this company moved more towards full time positions rather than very P/T positions it would be an excellent job for anyone who loves to work with the public.
Awesome place to work with great management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON20 February 2017
- Management was awesome, understanding and cares about employees.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was being around coworkers.
- Excellent team environment with helpful staff.
Sad management,
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
I was a Cashier, and up for a promotion to manager of front end.

Every one had voted for me, I was told, by Manager I was the best Cashier they had, therefore she could not give me the promotion.

People vote you in, but Management was not fair to me, so I gave them my notice.
Every Cashier newly hired always came to for help.
because they could see that I was fast and accurate,

I feel they treated me unfairly.
Pros
Cons
good hours for part time job
Store Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON20 February 2017
Walmart does not offfer a good work life balance. Currently CEO's no longer care about the work culture of the employees. Walmart continues to make money but cut employee hours.
Fun workplace with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
My job in Walmart is as a customer service representative, I really enjoy working there, as I use to get great conversation skills and use to work with a variety of people.the work culture is really amazing .
Pros
free lunches
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2017
Had the opportunity to develop a new training program and introduced a lot of new ideas to them for the employees training new employees in other stores across the province
Pros
fun
Cons
location
Busy yet Enjoyable workplace
Mississauga Rd- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 February 2017
When working at Walmart, it was always busy. Since it wasn't a grocery store, but a supercentre, there were a lot more complications occurring, and a lot more work being done. Working at Walmart has taught me how to handle situations better, take great responsibility for my mistakes, become a more hardworking individual and work well with a team. When it came to management, there were issues that needed to be fixed, but unfortunately weren't. Working at Walmart encourages you to develop the mentality that customers are always right and Integrity is key. The hardest part about the job was handling some customers seeing as a lot of them put up fights for a variety of different reasons. Now, I have learned how to professionally overcome those obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with outgoing customers, and making great friends in the workplace.
Pros
Discount on everything
Cons
Long/ extra hours
Horrible Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2017
No one ever work for Walmart. The pay and benefits are terrible, management is a joke. Worst years of my life. I will never work in big-box retail again because of my horrible experiences here.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
There's no such a typical day at this job. Everyday could be different. It could not-so-busy or very busy.

My colleagues are fun to work with especially if you get to know what it's like to work with them.

The only downside would be, the management wants you to have a very flexible availability but they won't guarantee you the part time hours (20-27 hours).
working as a manager
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2017
Working at walmart ia a fun and fulfilling place. there is never a boring moment working there. The staff are friendly and love working. We love that there are opportunity to improve your skills and learn
good job to work at
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 February 2017
your schedule would be very flexible and the job is very good for a high school job I would definitely recommend this as an essiental
Pros
breaks. badges.
Cons
lot alot of perks
great
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
training in all the areas and people be working with in the floor. long hours if you have good performance and great diversity in environment. helpful managers
Pros
20% discount
Cons
public ignorence
good
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON17 February 2017
good place to work but like most places is has its slow season but if you can weather the storm there are lots of hours. good people and challenging work depending where your are. keeps you in shape.
fun and easy
Fitting Room Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON16 February 2017
lots of fun
bad management, rude
easy job
everything is simple to learn
not alot of training
lots of multitasking
always something new to do or learn
high turnover means you get to meet lost of new people
lots of customers
fast paced
For beginner jobs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2017
Walmart really didn't care about their employees. They would take forever to answer questions or help us. They didn't understand if we had issues. They also played favorites a lot.
not the worst place i have worked. :)
Courtesy Desk/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON16 February 2017
Not the worst place I have worked. I have years of management experience but, BUT, I cannot get a management position. Was told I need to "put" my time in. Doesn't seem like a good business model to me.
Wal-Mart does not have many full time employees, good job for people who need a second income or are going to school.

I have found there is a lot of "passing the buck" and it flows down. No ownership by management. if you need a job this one is as good as any.
Pros
a generous Employee Discount Programs : phone/ internet - hotels etc.
Cons
no full time hours. Have to hustle to get 35 hours a week
Team effort to achieve customer satisfaction and optimum product stocking
2nd Shift Instock Associate (Current Employee) –  Dundas & Dixie,Mississauga, ON16 February 2017
At Walmart, associates in my department are driven to unload consumer goods off a truck and are then assigned to respective departments to proceed with stocking.

Team work is essential in Walmart and helping customers is a norm at the store.

The management is good and quite professional when delegating tasks to associates.

The workplace is filled with people of all ages from various walks of life. Conversations are light & friendly with an ultimate goal of completing tasks on hand and trying to help customers or other associates.

Sometimes trying to stock a heavy load of goods is not easy and time management plays a big role. This may not always work to an associates advantage thereby leaving jobs pending.

The job I currently work on involves a lot of physical activity which I enjoy. We are also sometimes requested to arrange shelves [zoning] which is a lot of fun as I enjoy maintaining a clean environment.
Pros
Fast paced, customer driven enviornment
Cons
Minimum wage