Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hope you like reptiles!?
Over Night Self Stocker (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 11, 2016
awesome first wrok experience. working around snakes and other reptiles. great people and co-workers. i still have a slight fear of rats and mice, hey use them to fed the snakes.
Love working in customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), Lower Sackville, NSFebruary 11, 2016
I really enjoy working in customer service, the only thing with Walmart is the fact that it is really hard to get full time.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Good Breaks and Lunches
Cons: Not full time
Walmart is good company to work for. The customers are fun to work with as there is so many different situations very day (some good some bad) nothing that can't be taken care of.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Walmart is a very fast and energetic place to work. The people are very friendly and fun to work with. It was also nice to see the same customers all the time as well. I learned to do several different jobs while I was working at Walmart.
its fun and stress free
Merchandiser/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 10, 2016
People at work are friendly. Management is inconsistent with their policies. Low wage increase encourage employee to quit and move forward.
Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Different shifts
most management is good
co workers made it the place to be
hardest part of job was overnights
Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers
Not the best first job
People Greeter (Former Employee), Summerside, PEFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Easy job to do, even when it's busy
Cons: Management
Workplaces have to make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities. My local Wal-Mart refused to make the same reasonable adjustments that other Wal-Marts were able to do for other employees within the same position. Management did not provide a valid reason and did not seem sympathetic or understanding of my disability.

I loved what I did, I just could not continue working there without adjustments made.
Its Walmart
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: understanding
Cons: Management was not good
Working at walmart was fun at first. But then it ended up me doing most of the morning clean up for half the morning, while having to balance putting product out on the shelf.
A workplace which is customer focused and a place to learn about people
Department Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: get Great experience about different customer behaviours
Cons: Comparatively less pay
As usual I started my day at 7. As usual it started getting busy. All the jobs i was required to do before lunch was done. I went for lunch at about 12:15 and suddenly all associates were called on floor as the dairy department cooler stopped working. All the store associates got together and put back the whole dairy and meat products in back room coolers. it was really a hectic day

I learned that staying calm under stressful conditions helps to find solutions and everything s possible with team work.

Management of the store are really nice people to discuss any issue. They are really helpful.
Coworkers are really helpful to get together as team.
I do not think there is any hard part of the job as even the hardest is made easy with help of wise management.
The part of job really which i really feel enjoyable is meeting and interacting with different kind of customers. Learning about new products all this make my job interesting and I love to do it.
Good place to work with great employees
Cashier (Current Employee), Marystown, NLFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Managers are easy to talk to
Cons: Scheduled hours are erratic
I've worked at my town's Walmart for over 3 years. It's a great place to work and the employees there are great to work with.
Productive work place.
Deli Associate (Current Employee), keel and finchFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: long hours
It is usually a pretty busy place to work. There is always something to do. Interacting with Customers which is one of my favourite part of my day. Most of my co-workers are interesting and good people to work with. We try our best to work as a team and bring a positive attitude to our department. The management could be improve a little bit but overall it is good. I Don't feel i have a very hard job because i like being active and busy doing things. I like the fact that its a busy environment.
Walmart Review
Shoe sales (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 9, 2016
For me a work day was picking up shoes because i worked in that department. I really didn't lean anything. My manager was really mean, unfair and sexist. My co-workers were a blast to work with and i got along well with them. The hardest part of my job would have been to put up with my boss. The most fun part would have been when my boss went home.
staff was great
Photo Lab Technician/Customer service (Former Employee), Hanover, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: staff were great
Cons: bad managment
the staff at walmart were great, the management have no communication. too many people trying to run it different ways.
I loved working in the lab and on the floor. I am a people person who is good with people. by the time I left the photo lab I was pretty much running it.
good job helpful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: good work place friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
the best part of the job was when customers would tell me I was doing a great job,also when cashiers would help each other not just standing around ,or when the store was really busy
Great co-workers and I was really able to develop social interaction skills while I was working at Walmart.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Most customers were happy when leaving. I was treated fairly and was able to work freely. They were very understanding and the pay was fair enough.
Fun place
Photo Lab Technician and Floor Associate (Current Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Forgetful Managers
Very energetic staff and managers. Its great to invest into a company and many people did. There is one downside to working with so many friendly faces, sometimes bringing issues up go unresolved because of friendships.
very demanding on staff
Inventory Controller (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: allot of hours
Cons: not respectful of employees
Wall Mart is a very demanding environment and often may not treat their employees with proper respect.
Typical day would be following daily routine, what I have learned is that expectations are not rational management is not always properly trained and not always professional the co workers are nice and respect you and the hardest part of the job is dealing with unrealistic expectations the most enjoyable part of job is having co worker support or internal customer support and then going home.
productive and good working enviroment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: very polite and friendly enviroment with fellow employees
Cons: constantly changing in the number of hours per week
i learned alot while working at walmart not only about the retail industry but how to communicate with a variety of customers with different backgrounds. nothing makes me feel happier than when a customer is happy and i know that ive done the best i can do.
Very Friendly Co-Workers and Managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Gander, NLFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day working as a cashier at Walmart, was pretty good, you could work anywhere from a four hour shift to a eight hour shift. What i learned the most about at the wlamart located in Gander, was to treat the customer with the upmost respect and how to properly deal with a conflicting situation with a customer. The management was great, they would always help you out if you needed it, whether it be training or with a personal matter. If you needed any time off they would often go out of their way to get those hours covered for you. I got along with my coworkers fine, they were very nice and friendly, as a cashier should be. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with an upset customer, sometimes the customer can get very upset and say some awful things, but as a cashier you must know how to deal with situation like these properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that when you got to work, were would be an amazing group of coworkers there to work with
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
People are great at Walmart, they care about their employees. Only thing to make this a better place would be a raise....
Headquarters