Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 4,906 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace with sense of Urgency
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON26 March 2017
The Walmart that I had worked at had very little empathy for it's workers, though the store ran efficiently with minimal shoplifting.
Unless you're literally dying, Walmart expects you to be there, and I found that every absence was unapproved regardless of how many hours ahead you called in sick.
Pros
10% Discount on everything not marked 'clearance'
Cons
No Communication, No Empathy
Master Card was a must.Push,push,push.
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB26 March 2017
Worked in the meat dept.Enjoyed what I did.Also worked hard and learned lots every day.Staff was great hard workers willing to go the extra mile.Work place safety they were very lean with there staff.
Pros
Benefits are awesome, staff good to work with.
Cons
Poor training, mgt needs work.
Need better job oppurtunity
Produce (Current Employee) –  128 quebec at26 March 2017
I would like to work for a company that gives employees sense of empowerment in some compacity of the job. I hope that i can become apart of your team to showcase my team skills and to show the company that i am team player
Pros
One hour break
Cons
No health coverage
its hard work and its also very rewarding
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 March 2017
my job current is to make sure that the items are available to all customers and staff, also that its safe for all to shop
I have to make sure that all items are priced.
I work in the toy department, what is the most fun is to watch the little kids that come in with the expressions on their little faces.
Fast Paced day with constant customers
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 March 2017
Responsible for stocking and helping customers with carry outs and sales service. Developed excellent peoples' and communication skills as interacted with customers on a regular basis
not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC23 March 2017
working at this company wasn't the best.
Some of the people who were put in higher up postitions were extreamly rude.
The best part of the job was working with some of the other cashiers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2017
Its hard to get full time status but they will give you lots of hours. Great employee perks. Training was long but beneifical to do the job. They do a lot to help employees and give back with lunches, discount, etc. I would work there again however, my back cant handle it.
Pros
EMPLOYEE PERKS
Cons
HARD TO GET FULL TIME/DAYS
productive and challenging work place
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  2525 St Clair Ave West Toronto ON23 March 2017
Working at Walmart was a great experience because i meet a lot of different people from different walks of life. Its a challenging job as i like challenges. it also help me to improve on my customer service experiences.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Closing shifts
Awsome job while being a student
Cashier and Costumer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 March 2017
I feel as if Walmart is a very good company to work for with lots of benefits and abilities to move up in the company. I would recommend the job to anyone. For a student salary is amazing compared to other companies. All management at Walmart is awesome, I only had a tough time with one manager but we were quickly able to resolve those issues with me being able to move departments as I was unhappy where I was working. There isn't much that is hard about this job but the most enjoyable part is that Ive been at Walmart for almost 5 years now and it feels as if it is my other family. As much as i love Walmart i do have plans and goals for a career for my life and will have to eventually be leaving the company.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
busy christmas months
Work as a team
Stock clerk and maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 March 2017
Working with a company who strives to have their employees work as a team. Enjoyed working night shifts where there was a feeling of getting along and working together.
Great starting job.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 March 2017
Walmart is the ideal starting job for a young male/female looking for their first job. The environment is very welcoming and management ensures you are comfortable with every job at task before letting you tackle it on your own.
Pros
Welcoming manner.
Cons
No full-time option for most employees.
A good job during school
Customer Service Specialist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2017
A typical day at work would include me being a cashier for approximately 4-7.5 hours. I would assist in customer service whenever it was needed. While being a cashier I was responsible for scanning and bagging customer purchases, processing various forms of payment for goods and services and participating in promotional activities. While being at customer service I would answer the phone, return items and accommodate customers concerns and needs with superior customer service.
The management at Walmart changed quite frequently.
The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time and not moving around.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with friends that I made.
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
Standing for long periods
Drama
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 March 2017
In my opinion Walmart was too much drama for me.. my experiences there was very short lived. Defiantly didn't like it .. but cant say by the time i left there were to fond of me.
walmart was a great please to work fast pace and friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
typical work day would include cleaning registers and setting up register for customer. Cashing out up to but not limited to 300 plus customers. Greet and meet (3 meter rule) customers . Assist customer with there purchase. in between customers, clean stock and prepare for remaining of shift
Pros
10 percent discount
Disaster amongst management and the cost of their disorganization
2nd shift in-stock associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
swipe in mid afternoon and get to sorting boxes out of skids, carry them to floor, stock, assemble shelf mods, fix displays etc due to poor management
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
management was two-faced, work place was cold
excellent company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 March 2017
working for walmart i learned alot. I had the chance to work with so many great people. it has an amazing atmosphere with awesome managers. walmart has a diverse culture where you learn from each other. the most enjoyable part of my job was being busy all the time and helping the customers.
It was ok. I did not enjoy the work environment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 March 2017
It was an ok place to work. They did make room for my work/home schedule and were very supportive and helpful. I did not enjoy the work environment.
Walmart: good place to shop, not so much for working there
Store Standards Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
The first thing I would honestly say about Walmart is the wage is ridiculous. You learn quite a bit about how Walmart handles money when you work there. It's almost like they don't want any employees. Cut hours so they can cut costs on paying employees so they can lower prices so people can save money and live better. Very greedy. This store I work at, there is a practice of favoritism, everyone has their own little groupies who can't seem to include other people in. No one likes to sit by you and talk. The scheduling can be stupid too. It's great to have a job and I don't like complaining about being given money but for a billion dollar company that makes billions every second in the day, you'd expect more. The raises are very skimpy, like being given pocket change.
Overworked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa - Trainyards21 March 2017
- Typical day includes counting cash, bagging customers products, answering questions, helping out customer service associates,

- I learned about company policies to make the customer experience better.

- Management could go either way. They're do a great job till they don't and then it's your fault

-Hardest part of the job would be weekends or dealing with high traffic during lunch hours.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
You may be overworked
Culture, Culture, Culture
Bilingual Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
I am enjoying my time with Walmart very much!

Fantastic culture and people.

Good opportunity for advancement, specifically when in
operations/merchandising.