Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,059 reviews matching the search
Regular partime job
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 April 2017
Convenient part time job while in school although managers give a hard time with your availability. Management isn't great since they know you are easily replaceable since many Canadians need jobs.
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 April 2017
Great co-workers. Enjoyed interacting with customers. Enjoyed helping seniors and disabled. The children were a delight. Enjoyed learning new things about baking and bakery products.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad management and scheduling
Walmart is a good place to work
Seasonal manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Great place to work , but just looking for something different and more income , great people , and a fun and great learning experience . , I learn lots about costumer service and meet lots of really nice people . The management is good
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Not enough money
Great place to work with discount.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 April 2017
I worked cash and sometimes helped on the floor. Worked in the clothes department sometimes, other times helped with displays. Worked during Christmas season when I was in high school. My first job. Paid student wage. Very busy time and customers get very restless sometimes. Working as a cashier was a pretty good job and pretty easy.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits for part-time
Fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB23 April 2017
Management is great! Coworkers are very nice. It has a lot of opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job was learn new things and to get to know the store.
Bad
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
I couldnt believe how bad this place was dont work here if you value yourself, treated like by the management, and coworkers were morons. I had to write this
Fast pace , friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2017
Fast pace ! Challenging job associates are great , management not to empathetic! Very easy to move up in the company ! Great benefits for full time staff. Very big on fundraising for charities!
Pros
Flexible hours and flexible schedules
Cons
Not enough hours and pay not that great
Expect to work hard.
Store Standards (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 April 2017
I was a Store Standards employee at Wal-Mart. While it was a rewarding job, you work HARD. From carryouts to collecting carts, it is your responsibility to keep all cart bays under your jurisdiction at full capacity at all times. You are expected to prioritize carryouts and cart collection, but you also substitute for the maintenance crew should they be absent, as well as helping floor crews with whatever they need. Safety, speed, and efficiency are absolute essentials, as well as having a keen ear and excellent shoes. Be ready to be run off your feet doing carryouts with little room for cart collection and plenty of customer complaints on busy days, and creating make-work projects or asking your front-end manager or other crew members for projects on slow days.

As for Walmart themselves, I had little problems with them as far as work goes. I found that, as long as you try to keep a good attitude and are willing to work, you'll be fine. Otherwise, they'll be on you like a sweaty shirt on a summer day. They mean well, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
nice management
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 April 2017
like working at Walmart, nice associates and management people help and understand employee's needs. Although you get discoumts for your groceries as well.
A high-energy place with good benefits, but poor employee morale.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 April 2017
My experience working for Walmart left me with mixed feelings. On the one hand, many of the people in management were very kind and receptive to the needs of the employees. On the other hand, the manager I had to deal with the most was very manipulative and was generally only interested in their own job. The overall morale of the staff was rather low, but many of the low-ranking employees did the best with what they had.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
management
A place where you learn a lot !!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ON22 April 2017
A place where you learn a lot and you go to work.. it is a really fast pace, there is not other company like Walmart.

Management: Depends who your manager is.!
Nice experiencec
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 April 2017
Nice working with a brand like Walmart. Only thing lacking would be the wages when compared to Costco. Will look forward for the advancement with increase in pay.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Less hours
Welcoming and Productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON22 April 2017
While working at walmart I met many coworkers that I continue to be friends with. Everyone is relatively friendly and willing to help each other. I learned how to focus in loud and busy situations. The atmosphere is both professional and friendly which allows for enjoyable work. Worst part of the job was the fluctuation in work hours which makes pay sometimes hard to predict. The best part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
mix of long and short shifts, availability adjustment
Cons
some early mornings and late nights, pay fluctuations
Wonderful staff, Unreasonable expectations at times
Wal-Mart Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL21 April 2017
i love the other people i work with but management often expects a lot out of one person. Other than that it is a very friendly environment and there is very fair breaks and lunch times.
Pros
understanding when it comes to school needs
Cons
unreasonably high expectations
Good job.
Dairy and Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON21 April 2017
Great way of communicating with customers and assisting them in the produce and dairy departments. My team working skills improved being that there were several employees working along side myself.
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 April 2017
Tough place to work for the most part. I started as a backroom manager, which they dropped me into with pretty much no training, and had to learn on the job, and three months later finally put me through ME Management essentials to teach me how the Out of control paperwork reports helped me do my job, and then plopped me into a different store where I was constantly belittled, and guilted into working mucho hours without pay (salary) in overtime, and even then being dragged through the mud for after cutting my labour having challenges being perfectly clear of stock from day to day. Assistant manager roles are under appreciated, over worked, over stressed, and paid only ok. Target paid better but the hours were even worse.
Pros
decent benefits, lots of locations
Cons
Long days, super high stress, buried in piles of paperwork, outdated computer systems
productive and work ethic
Commis à la pharmacie (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC21 April 2017
in morning we get straight to placing medication on the shelves also the laboratory, and we offer costumer service at all time. lunch break we took turns paying for food. and closing was always on time.
A learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 April 2017
Management was nice, I learned just what how much cashiers deal with on a daily basis, and I learned how to properly deal with people. All in all a good first job, but not one to keep for long
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Conflicted with school
Restructuring
department manager/overnight support manager (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON21 April 2017
Their restructuring is their down fall in Canada. Customer service is no longer their priority very sad. I truly enjoyed working with all of the associates.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace with very friendly associates
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Malton, ON20 April 2017
It's an amazing place to work at. Associates are very friendly and the management does their job very well. I have learned a lot at this workplace. My customer service skills have improved since I've been working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.