Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,057 reviews matching the search
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2016
awesome. Work was fun. New experiences everyday. Management was amazing. hardest part of the job was explaining customers about discontinued products
Unfortunately disorganized most days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCAugust 30, 2016
If you've done well you get a raise every year on your hiring anniversary but unfortunately because there are so many managers they don't always have the same idea in mind of what needs to be done.
learning opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2016
In all my previous or current job there are learning opportunities. previous jobs were back home. Current job is part time helping me to achieve my career goal to go back to my health field as a MRI tech. Work environment luckily I found in my all jobs are good and good rapport with my management. nothing hard in my job. I enjoy my work at all places.
Pros
medical, bonus
Cons
retail is not my job goal
Part time for school
Accounting Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONAugust 30, 2016
Perfect place to work during school years, flexible hours, but the management does not care, and do not respect you enough.

Perfect for part time, if you only working 3 days a week.
Good balance
Assistant Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2016
Receive route nigh before. Go straight to first locations before 7am head to around 5 to 7 stores a day. Lots of driving throughout the day. Great bonuses for hitting goals not to long of work days.
good job
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 29, 2016
Walmart has good management and pay, although they give people full time hours but don't give full time benefits. Being a store standard means working outside walking around whether its freezing or burning out, but in the winter you are offered free hand warmers which is nice.
Night Shift
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONAugust 29, 2016
Start off with the whole team for the meeting then right off to work. Very fast paced and lots of heavy lifting. Co-workers are great and very friendly, willing to help if you need any assistance. Managers will do their best to understand and listen to you and your concerns.
Employee screeing for adequate position is severely lacking
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2016
First hand experience of working with people of little or no formal background in assigned position.
Having stabilithy of a position is the best advantage of the company.
Pros
very stable company, good online training
Cons
very difficult to be promoted to upper management
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 28, 2016
Restocking shelves, handling all transactions, helping customers with needs. The hardest part of the job sometimes was when people use to put things in different spots and had to fix everything before closing time.
Pros
Break
Cons
Less Pay
A typical day at work
Walmart (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONAugust 27, 2016
I am always greeted with a smile and an how are you today. I will serve the customer politely and have a small conversation with them since we are the last person that the customer see before leaving the store so we as cashier we try our best to make it a great experience for them so they can come back since they enjoyed how we treated them.
Pros
Long Hours, Give breaks and lunches (depends what shift you have)
Cons
Feet and back hurts for standing to long on cash
Good experience
Forklift Operator / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 27, 2016
amazing place to work, on an average day i would pick merchandise and load unto trucks. i learned how to me very efficient and organised
poor work life balance, culture of having to watch your back and pretend to agree with the boss
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
Work life balance is very poor. Only get two days off together once a month. You are expected to work every long weekend. Wednesday was normal day off and yet market leader would call meetings and conference calls anyways and we were expected to attend. Worked a closing shift on Tuesdays as Store manager yet market leader would hold mandatory calls on Tuesday mornings at times and we were expected to get on it from home. On days off we were still expected to know exactly what was happening in our store. Had to be accessable by phone 24/7.
Pros
Good pay; good bonus
Cons
24/7 work mentality cause they pay us well
Stressful, and demanding
Cashier and Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 25, 2016
I learned to value customers, also I learned to be very efficient with my occupation. The management team do not necessarily follow one's availability. the co-workers are amazing, the most enjoyable part of working at Walmart would be the discount given.
Pros
paid coffee breaks
Cons
do not follow your availability
Walmart is a fine first job.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 25, 2016
Walmart was a stable environment providing most of the resources required to do the needed work, and gave the required training to satisfy customers on a daily basis; Generally everybody worked well together and much was accomplished at the end of the day. Sometimes it was hard to meet expectation, as there was much to do outside of my expected job, but the experience was worth it. The management was kind but made sure that I did my job every shift. Ultimately, I learned how to better work as part of a team and how to meet the needs of individuals in customer service. Working at Walmart was a worthwhile experience.
productive and a good job to have
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 25, 2016
i have nothing bad to say other then being a cashier is alright and the wage isn't horrible but standing around all day without being able to walk around and do other stuff sucks.
cashier, guest greeter and stocked shelves
Stock Clerk/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCAugust 25, 2016
• Greeted guests, received orders and processed guest payments
• Operated cash register and processed cash, debit and credit transactions
• Verified guest orders to complete transaction
• Interviewed guests in a professional manner in order to meet their needs
Fast paced
Customer service / cashier (Former Employee) –  Atholville, NBAugust 25, 2016
I love working in public, I worked in New Brunswink the best expierence ever. I loved the fact that, I inter grated well with all peoples. I also enjoyed the fact that I was accepted considering the fact that I am from Montreal.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Always in one area
Walmart
Bakery (Former Employee) –  VoghanAugust 25, 2016
Honesty, Secretariat
I was working at bakery over night

I was baking all kind of bread

Good benefits for me

Safety company

Clean company

Good company to work
Fast paced and customer service face to face
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 24, 2016
Helping customers with their orders for photos, handling cash and taking payment for photos. Printing photos and developing orders in a specific time line. Working along side staff and management to ensure all customers are helped. Hardest part of the job was explaining to a customer if there order wasn't ready at the time they were given. Example if our printing machines went down. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping each and every customer with a smile.
Pros
learning how to develop photos
Cons
only was a part time postion
Challenging
Night stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 24, 2016
Pay was brutal. Workload was intense. Before every shift they tell you how much the store made that day. When they tell you $300,000 per day and pay min wage thats hard to take.
Pros
got paid
Cons
workload