Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Its like shopping there
Hardware and Electronics Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hour long lunches!
Cons: The very definition of vanilla retail work, don't be the one to clean the bathrooms
You will learn about how to exactingly arrange store shelf tags every year to fit new items, then have to creatively fit items to them due to stocking fluctuations of returns after sales finish.

I surprised an actual policewoman with a tale, but usually the customers range from new-electronics-buyers to quick-purchasers stereotypical to retail workers.

Good place to learn cash-work, electronics, a little of everything, plenty of second-job takers or mothers working part-time as coworkers. Everyone has something to teach.
interesting place to work
Customer Service/Fashion Processor (Former Employee), EtobicokeMay 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: no overtime
stocking, put away overstock
taking care of customers
communication important between
management and associates
hardest part lifting
enjoy when customers leave happy
walmart
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 28, 2015
good job
learn stuff
good talking to people
laring others
and understading other
have ing fun with with the
lots of moving boxes and other s
A place of personal development
Facilities Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 28, 2015
Pros: An energectic, fast-paced setting that was stimulating and challenging.
Cons: A large corporate setting, challenged by a changing marketplace.
Across the 19 years at the Walmart Canada Home Office I grew professionally. In particular my 'soft' skills when operating not only within a department setting but with other departments, satellite offices, store teams, vendors, government bodies and the public. The main lesson I took away that, whatever your position is professionally, you have a customer. The key to success is realizing that customer and placing your focus on meeting their needs. Also required is an ability to react to, re-prioritize and address multiple tasks on a frequent, often emergency basis. I believe these skills are transferable to the Credit Valley Hospital environment.
great co-workers,fun envorment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 28, 2015
got along with fellow co-workers.
enjoyed doing my job.
enjoyed seeing clean,full shelves when my shift was done.
liked how fast my managers solved a problem.
Busy environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 27, 2015
As a cashier, I would provide customer service at the register. I would keep the work area clean and help keep isles clean.

I have learned how to provide friendly customer service and have casual conversations with customers, while quickly and effectively cashing them out, to enhance their experience.

The hardest part of the job was convincing customers to apply for a Walmart Master Card. This seemed to annoy customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers in a friendly manner, and provide excellent customer services that leaves them with a smile on their face.
to much for to little
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: small pay for a large list of expected work.
I tried working at walmart to avoid seasonal layoffs but after moving around to some of the other jobs available by them I found that it wasn't really a fit for me. I found there was little appreciation for the work that was done and a very small sense of accomplishment.
Good fun place to work
Dairy Department Manager (Current Employee), Midland, ONMay 26, 2015
Great fast paced environment, will always help train and grow within the company if you show the desire. Lots of great people to work along side. Fun events happening within the store, Free lunches for accident free days, lots of fund raising for charity.
Excellent work place..
Cashier/ Bakery Associate. (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 26, 2015
I love to work for walmart, great opportunities for growing with in store ,, excellent management,, co operative employes, flexible work schedules..
Leader in Retail
Category Space Planner, Mississauga (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Walmart because I love the retail sector and this company is a leader in it. The culture was great and everybody was involved and valued.
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 24, 2015
Shift hours would vary from week to week. I would zone merchandise and perform good customer service. Often there would be specific tasks assigned by a duty manager that I would be responsible to accomplish by the end of my shift.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), brampton onMay 24, 2015
experience
Cashier (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 23, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: Rude managers
My walmart experience was not what I had expected. It was okay in the beginning but as the months progressed the ruder the staff was.
Worked with a good group of people, was an enjoyable summer job.
Cashier / Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Port Elgin, ONMay 22, 2015
Time spent working both as a cashier and over-night stocking; I enjoyed my time at both positions, as each had their merit. Working cash on busy days certainly made the time go by faster. While some overnight shifts could drag on, especially if we were waiting for a new truck to show up, and had to work overstocked items, most of which ended up having to be put back on a pallet as soon as they were taken off.
Management on a whole was a good group of people, however some of the cashier supervisors were harder to work under than others. For example, my second shift at work, the supervisor put me at a till by myself. I believe I did an admirable job, but more training would have been nice.
Over nights was a welcome change The work was steady, the group of coworkers were great! And the variety of departments being sent to was a great change of pace. Being able to listen to music, and work at a good, consistent pace made the work go by faster.
Fun Place To Work
/Produce/Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton/OrangevilleMay 22, 2015
Pros: profit sharing, free lunches, breaks, great working atmosphere
Cons: closing at 11:30 pm
A typical day at Wal-mart depending on the department can go very smooth. As long as your on time and follow the instruction of the manager for your shift everything goes well. What I learned working with Wal-mart as a cashier/produce associate was valuable customer service skills along with working in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of my job was completing all the tasks at hand in the short amount of time that was given. the most enjoyable part working with Wal-mart would be meeting new people friends and co-workers.
Ok Company to work for
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: retail job
I worked as a cashier/supervisor for Walmart from 2008-2011. The job was very remedial but the people at my store were wonderful.
Fast paced, Goal oriented, Growth and development
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto,ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Diversified, Benefits, Goal oriented, Challenging, team players.
Cons: Long hours
Walmart has been a great place to work in. Fast paced, multi-tasking and quick decision making moments were extremely challenging yet rewarding. Have managed to meet sales and targets and enhamce customer service through strong leadership and focusing on company's goals. I have grown and learnt a lot through the experience I gained from Walmart and in the process have come across hundreds of people who have made a great impact on my professional and personal life. Co-workers have been great team players and transparent. Some days would be stressful and long but everyone managed to keep inspiring one another.
A ego environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brampton,ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Some great hard workers
Cons: Management abuse athority
I see everyday ego`s flairing up. My direct supervisor calls fellow employee names in front of others and points the finger. Teasing joking at others because he is the Foreman. I feel this is very negative and when you voice your concerns it comes back at you negatively. Not a fun work environment
Great location to work, Poorly managed
Back Shift (Former Employee), Port Hawkesbury Nova ScotiaMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good crew
Cons: Poor management, Very lacking in communication
Management was split 50/50 with good and bad managers.
Lots of hard working employees dedicated to getting the job each night while on the other hand a few Very hard slackers creating extra work for many different employees
productive fun work place
Maintence Worker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2015
walmart is a great place to work! people are nice and friendly. i would recommend this to anyone who is in a real need of a job and will benefit from healthcare and other opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more