Walmart Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 3,740 reviews matching the search
It Could have been worse
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONMay 25, 2016
I only lasted a little while. I quit before it had become a Super Centre. I was young and it was my first job. Overall I met and became friends with some really nice people who still work there today.
i love stocking shelves
stocking shelves (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ABMay 25, 2016
love working at my own pace, learning about new product and meet new co workers. working in different department of the store.
Pros
get 10 % off when purchase something from walmart
Cons
not enough hour
Productive, busy and social environment
Sales Associate/Associée des ventes (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 24, 2016
-Management was very professional as well as friendly
-Co-workers were hard-working, cheerful and very accepting
-Customers were inquisitive in a respectful manner and very upbeat
-Customer service skills learning environment
Fun workplace , Very friendly , Family oriented
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NBMay 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working here
they work with you with any situation at hand
understand of most situations
the co workers became more family then friends
the hardest part of the job is not being given much of a choice on certain job assignments ( some of which certain employees are unable to preform )
Good work environment with competent co workers and managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 24, 2016
Working at wal mart was a good experience. I learned a lot of new things and developed many skills. The workplace environment was friendly and management was helpful.
Pros
Strong management team, friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, repetitive work
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMay 23, 2016
I was a cashier. I learned to count money quickly. Management and co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of my job was letting the customers know we did not have something they needed.
easy job but over whelming
cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2016
I started off as a cashier and really liked my job, mostly cause I was good at it. But being a cashier at Walmart sucked cause we were mostly under staffed most of the time or it would just get really busy all of a sudden. so customers would get mad at the cashiers when its not really our fault. my mom liked the discount cause we'd get like 25$ off a shopping trip for food.
Pros
discount
Cons
long days
Excellent company learn set up of store!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 23, 2016
This is a Good job for anyone starting out in Retail or Hardware or groceries! This is a Company that will work closely in a Team training! It is a dynamic company where one could go from the floor associate and still work in any area of the store they choose! Typically a day such as this one could help all to find a position that would fit their interest!Upon the first day I was chosen I had a good start with the Team encouraged and dynamic field to work together! I worked close to understand all the aspects of the job in a careful manner! I was chosen to be a Star Player upon opening Day of the Super Store! I will help in all the duties and can manage all the field of the store as I learned to set up the shelves and maintain the stock! It was a great help in many ways !My Co workers were always there to get the job done everyday! Some I enjoyed working with I will remember forever! The hardest part of the Job was Christmas! Extra long hard working impossible odds found it a challenge to pursue! In extraordinary odds we always found the solution together as a Team!
Pros
free coffee and 10% off purchases
Cons
Poor scale judgement of Trucks!
Productive and fun place to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2016
Worked in Walmart for more than 1 year
Everyday comes with new challanges. Good and ethicle work culture.
Overall a very good company to work in.
Pros
Good worl culture
Cons
Very less increment
Very good work environment
Sales Associate Electronic department (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 21, 2016
Its a fun to work in a world's leading company. Learning so many things with friendly and peaceful environment.

Flexible schedule easy to maintain social and work schedule.
Pros
Friendly environment
Pretty good place to work ,easy going co-workers,managers
Over Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 21, 2016
The job is fairly easy just stocking shelves in departments, working nights can be hard but I handle it really well and still have a good work/life balance.Co-workers and managers are easy to get along with and make the job easier to handle. There is quite a bit of physical labour and that is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
constantly busy so work goes by quick and job is not very difficult
Cons
sometimes hours get cut back and i only work 24 hours a week instead of 40
There are definitely worse places to work
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 21, 2016
Employees are friendly and easy to get along with, and most managers are pretty easygoing, but my experience with this place in regard to the workload was very intense. There were several different occasions where I was performing three or more tasks at once (i.e. customer service while dragging loads of carts, while managers were calling for spill cleanups and washroom cleanups, etc,).
Pros
Discount on store items
Cons
Very long hours
Walmart Experience
Sales Associate and Cashier at Trainyards location (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Trainyards, Industrial Ave.May 21, 2016
A typical day of worked consisted of reporting to the on floor supervisors. I started out in the Garden Center and ensured I displayed my best Customer service for all. I spent my time additionally zoning shelves, stocking shelves and cashing out Customers when ready to leave. Next I was moved to the front end and worked as a Cashier and did my very best at ensuring Customer satisfaction. I learned how to adapt to new surroundings, working for Walmart was my first ever job. I learned communication skills by serving Customers, working with fellow co-workers and Management staff. Such as how to articulate what exactly had to be done for either the staff or Customers. Management at Walmart was fantastic, I was so entirely grateful to work under supervision with every member of staff, they were extremely helpful. I say the same for my fellow co-workers, every single person did all they could to help me out as I was learning and showed what it was like to be an excellent retail worker and co-worker. The hardest part of the job was to ensure I constantly asked Customers about signing up for the Rewards MasterCard and ensure I properly communicated all the information they needed to know about its benefits. I was able to do so as well as I could however, there is always room for improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job happened every work day. Working with fellow workers, getting jobs done and helping customers out with what they needed. .
Pros
Exceptional team work
Cons
N/A
Very fast paced environment with lots to do
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work consists of helping all customers with all their needs. Using the till to scan and bag all the items, being the self check out attendant, or being the customer service desk attendant are the alternating jobs I can be assigned for the day. Working at Walmart has provided me with the many life skills such as patience and independent work skills. The management team changes according to their performance, both management and my co-workers are great people to work with and very reliable. The hardest part of the job would be knowing there is a customer that is leaving the store unhappy/unsatisfied, the most enjoyable part of the job is making genuine connections with the customers.
Diverse atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 20, 2016
A typical day is usually stocking shelves ringing up customers and helping customers find what they need. I learned about inventory, security, and the specifics of many new and innovative products. Management was disorganized and often blamed employees for storewide failures. My coworkers were fun to work with and often helped me out in my times of need.
higher management with some pressure...
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 20, 2016
it's basically job where you learn how big management group working and taking knowledge how to made growth and take costumer attractive to sell item.
unorganized
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 20, 2016
unorganized and very stressful
management is poor
co-workers are not friendly or helpful
bite my toungue when the management would do something offensive
there was nothing enjoyable
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLMay 19, 2016
-Loved learning new things
- Always busy, shifts go by very fast.
- Co-workers were very fun and friendly, easy to get along with.
- Management was east to talk to.
- Best part of the day was satisfying customers.
- Hardest part of the day was dealing with irate customers.
Pros
Making new friends, satisfying customers.
Cons
Irate customers.
Endroit productif
associé au département de l'électronique (Current Employee) –  Candiac, QCMay 19, 2016
J'ai appris beaucoup de chose en travaillant chez Walmart. La gestion du stress et la demande de la clientèle fait partie des choses que j'ai appris.
about as expected
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 19, 2016
It was a typical cashier position, i handled money, dealt with customers, and maintained a clean area. I learned how to deal with angry, unpleasant customers.
Cons
long hours uneventfull hours