Walmart Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

produce associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontario canada6 February 2018
as a Produce associate the day were very busy keeping stock a rotating the bins heavy cleaning and re stocking all day made the shift go by quickly but very hard work
Safe and Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora Ontario30 January 2018
Very respectful & friendly environment, understanding management, very safe environment, very good programs for employees to save like discount card and profit sharing.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
working different hours
good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 January 2018
neat and clean environment , good staff ,employees were respected and very one had a caring nature toward each other more over each staff member was given chance to enhance or showcase their skill which were not related to their profession .
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
low salary
Productive and Comfortable Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2018
A typical day at work would involve usually happy, friendly co-workers, but grumpy, rude customers. I learned to not let miserable customers get to you from day to day. Management was very professional and friendly. If you ever needed to talk, they were there. Hardest part of the job for me would be the very rude customers unfortunately. The most enjoyable part would be the co-workers and the actual job itself wasn't too bad and I learned to enjoy it. The only complaint would be that they didn't take what was going on in my life into consideration.
Pros
Productive work enviornment
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place to work, management needs improvement however
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 January 2018
Walmart is fine to work at if you are a student but not so much full-time as they don't like giving benefits. The location I worked at seemed to have terrible manager.
Not bad, not great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 January 2018
Generally, pretty low stress if you're ok at your job. You'll probably be shifted around to understaffed departments which is nice to get out of your assigned one. Though they say you have potential to receive a raise at your three month review, Ive only ever heard that theyve told people "you can always do better". If you do receive a raise, itll most likely be after six month, and pretty minimal.
Good working place.
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON16 January 2018
The Walmart is the biggest employer in the world. And most well known retailers in the world.This established merchandise has many locations in our city.Even close to my house.I would love to work at the Walmart.Because its a most friendly and secured work place.And i love to learn from the boss and my Coworkers.I was looking for a job to work at the Walmart for a long time.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
BBQ day. And gave us cakes.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC14 January 2018
Loved working for Walmart staff was great. And they have a great team of employees. The staff was always helpful and the managers are great. Could go to the managers and they would help you if you had a problem. Free Birthday cake.
Pros
Free food just about everyday that I Worked.
Cons
Sometimes short on Cashiers.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2018
I really enjoyed working with the management and workers at Walmart. They were kind and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
long lineups
Not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON3 January 2018
Big business is never great to work for. Management was terrible, coworkers were lazy. Pretty bad when an expecting mother was the hardest working employee
Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB1 January 2018
I have learned a lot at it was a interesting place to work and kept me busy, everyday was a new learning experience for myself and I wish to learn new things.
Productive place to work.
SHOE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON1 January 2018
Typical day would be keeping my department clean and tidy, while helping customers with their purchases. Putting out new stock and organizing the shelves. It was a fun job, I enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed talking with the customers.
Pros
Discount on groceries.
Cons
Slow store.
wost job around
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB29 December 2017
management treats you like second class citezens men and women get paid the same yet men have to do more work. the way i was treated by my main manager led to depression
Stressful due to long hours of standing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 December 2017
Tiring and stressful because you have to stand your whole shift, mostly busy all the time. Good place to work. culturally diverse. incentives and awards are rewarded out. Not really great in terms of salary especially for the work being done
Pros
Holiday lunches, culturally diverse, incentives
Cons
Long hours of standing
good place to work with a good team attitude
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 December 2017
The typical day can be quite busy.There is a lot to learn and a supportive team.The hours can be quite variable.The hardest part was learning all the products.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
irregular hours
The South Barrie Walmart was a good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 December 2017
I worked there for a number of years and advanced quite quickly from part time to full time employment. It is great that they post in house before posting publicly.
Worst Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON4 December 2017
You will be lucky IG you get a ten cent wage per year. People who just get hired make more than employees who have been there for years due to starting wage increases. Good for students, not good for full time employment. Managers suck
Pros
Friendly coworkers, fairly easy work
Cons
Managers are rude
Na
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB23 November 2017
A very good experience and a fun place to work at, the staff are really friendly and they do their best in trying to help co-workers and the customers who shop at their store.
Worse
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 November 2017
you are just a number with no value. They have no care for you as an employee. you are dirty under the manager finger nails.Always setting up for failure
overral great workplace
Sales associate/ Deli Associate/Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON18 November 2017
Greet customers as they arrive at the deli counter / section and inquire into their purpose of visit
Provide information regarding available deli items such as meats and cheeses
Educate customers about the contents and cuts of various deli items
Make sandwiches and salads from deli items according to customers’ instructions
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
availability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

535.6K