Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

labour job
Store Standard Associate (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON7 December 2017
this job was alright i had fun most of the time. Though it was back breaking because i had to push 6 carts constantly because the cart machine was broken at that moment when i was working there. the the other associate were nice including the customer and the environment there was good as well
Really Fun work space with friendly people
Store Standards Associate/Cash (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS20 November 2017
Most of my day is pushing carts I have to push at least 20 to 40 carts with the pusher plus carry outs where I help older people with large items. It is a fun job full of friendly people who are always willing to help anyone at anytime.
Pros
The discount
Cons
None that I can think of
Good company
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa16 November 2017
Great job if your a student, helps with money issues if you need a quick job. But other then that its pretty bad, money is money. One hour lunchs are pretty amazing.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Horrible management and salary
It's a good place for a start
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 November 2017
A place where you understand work community and are encouraged by college. Gives room for advancement within the organisation and safety of every staff in consider first.
Pros
Job security
Not enough training
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 November 2017
Was only there a couple of weeks. Asked to get moved to a different area where they gave me no training in the new area. Management comment I "was lucky" to "still" be part of the team. No support as a part time student. No wonder there are so many positions open.
Pros
hr lunches
Cons
Long hours, no training
good job
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB13 November 2017
Was a great place to work for me as a teenager. There was always work to do. Good simple job, friendly work environment. Always something to do. Good deals on items.
Pros
good physical labor
Cons
crazy days
Fun place to work
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON7 November 2017
-energetic place to work
-own pace and manageable work space
-works hours need to be adjusted and understood due to personal issues
-nice people to work with and love helping one another
-always on your feet getting all the energy and exercise you can get.
-keeps you active at all times
Pros
Manageable breaks
Cons
Difficult hours and times off
Not a positive work enviornment
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 November 2017
Management was terrible. She favoured the men and always had it out for me since the beginning. The employees were two faced, not all of them, but most of them. They would be so kind and nice to your face but then say terrible things about you to other people. Not a positive work environment at all.
Pros
11 dollars an hour
Cons
evrything
Wal Mart
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB27 October 2017
I liked the job, it was fulfilling but at times it could be a bit overwhelming. I got along well with the management and my fellow team members and liked the job overall.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Wouldn't switch departments
Hard work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC26 October 2017
I was position in different jobs, like cashier, stocking, floors associate, ordering for departments, training other associates, and unloading trucks.

I learned so much for working with Walmart. I loved the people that I got to work with, and the shoppers. It was like a big family.
The management taught me how to stock, unload the trucks, use the telxon gun, pricing, labeling, ordering, and giving me a chance to work all over the store.
Pros
Being taught the ins and outs of working for retail.
terrible
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC25 October 2017
the manager treat you like garbage theres never enough hours and all the employees do is either complain or complain the the managers about other employees
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
terrible working enviroment
A great part time job for students
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 October 2017
Typical day involved assisting customers as well as completing 'to do' lists provided by manager, typically involved areas to clean, items to relocate, displays to set up or take down.
positive working environment
Associate in Walmart (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 October 2017
Its really good and positive working environment. Really liked to work in team and still learning. Working hours are flexible and Walmart having really diverse environment.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
long travel time
Its.....Walmart. What else can i say?
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT15 October 2017
Its Walmart. What else can I say? Politics, gossip, good stores, bad stores, good management, bad management. The right people can make the difference, I find that Walmart attracts a lot of the wrong people.
caring and helpful
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC4 October 2017
was a wonderfull place to work, lots of friendly places and helpfull managment. They helped with what ever i needed help with, and havea good training/managment team
Pros
3 week schedules
Worst work place
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 October 2017
The time i worked there i was not treated even like a human managers would never actually listen to you. they treated there employees like they where just basically machine that should never complain.
Not good management, little praise, but good coworkers, long breaks, and good pay.
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON23 September 2017
I find that we are so understaffed that I do everyone else's job constantly. Management doesn't understand and I have to do jobs I have not been trained for. I notice other worked who get paid more than me do less and pick what they get to do while as I do way more and get no praise for it unlike other people. I feel like I try hard to get nothing except stress in return. I feel no push to work hard anymore. 75% of the management is pushy and rude with me.
The only thing I enjoy here is my coworkers, the long breaks, and the salary.
Pros
Long breaks, good pay
Cons
Understaffed, bad management
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2017
Learned a lot about the retail business which I've never been in before.
A lot of areas to be involved in and different departments.
Not a lot of room for advancement
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Shortage of hours
decent sales jobs
Walmart wireless sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2017
A typical day at work is doing some live pa, handing out flyers, talking to customers and getting many sales as you can. The hardest part is talking to customers about your product as most customers will not care.
Cons
must get sales
Large opportunities and many positions leads to little personability
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 September 2017
Working with Wal-mart is a difficult experience, as most hours of the job are left to you, with management and supervisors being hard to communicate with and often lacking any understanding of the job that you do. Many times it is easier to ask the associates you are working with, if any, for how to solve a problem. The entire staff seems to feel overworked and downcast, with consistent hiring and attendance issues.
Pros
Comfortable, clean environment with many good people
Cons
No control over hours or ability to communicate a problem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.