Walmart Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Horrible
Sales Associate / Unloader (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 October 2017
Management does not respect its associates and consistently schedueles on non available days expecting you to come in or get written up. Only care about the money being made and think its associates are robots
Its.....Walmart. What else can i say?
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT15 October 2017
Its Walmart. What else can I say? Politics, gossip, good stores, bad stores, good management, bad management. The right people can make the difference, I find that Walmart attracts a lot of the wrong people.
Overall Good
Sales Associate Part Time (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 October 2017
Good support from managers to accommodate school. I have learnt a lot about customer service and integrity of teamwork and the company. It has good benefits for workers seeking full time work.
caring and helpful
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC4 October 2017
was a wonderfull place to work, lots of friendly places and helpfull managment. They helped with what ever i needed help with, and havea good training/managment team
Pros
3 week schedules
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2017
Worked as cashier, nothing special, everyday was the same
Would have liked more regular, consistent shifts
Some staff were rude, seemed like they didn't care about employees
Worst work place
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 October 2017
The time i worked there i was not treated even like a human managers would never actually listen to you. they treated there employees like they where just basically machine that should never complain.
Awesome people, Great hours, enjoyable work!
Sales Associate - Electronics Department (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK29 September 2017
Working at Wal-mart felt more like a family to me. You get to know a lot of people and make a lot of new friends. Its definetly an enjoyable work place! Would recommend for anyone just out of high school.
Pros
Hours, work, people
Cons
Wage, and parts of the managment team.
Not good place for me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 September 2017
I did not enjoy working there. For me, it was not as good job and the hours were not good for me but it is still a great company. I left because I worked nights and was getting no sleep.
Not good management, little praise, but good coworkers, long breaks, and good pay.
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON23 September 2017
I find that we are so understaffed that I do everyone else's job constantly. Management doesn't understand and I have to do jobs I have not been trained for. I notice other worked who get paid more than me do less and pick what they get to do while as I do way more and get no praise for it unlike other people. I feel like I try hard to get nothing except stress in return. I feel no push to work hard anymore. 75% of the management is pushy and rude with me.
The only thing I enjoy here is my coworkers, the long breaks, and the salary.
Pros
Long breaks, good pay
Cons
Understaffed, bad management
Decent Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 September 2017
good first job for high school students looking to enter the workforce. Didn't work here for a long time so cant provide too much information, couple weeks i was there was decent but again, workers always wanted easy job, annoying people to deal with as some were bullies
Pros
short hours
Cons
people and pay
decent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
Walmart gets really busy during holidays and weekend. Sometimes fast pasted depending on the position you have. You have the possibility to work many hours if you are willing to pick up extra shifts.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
the place was fun to work with lots of people and exciting and changing environment. The hours are fun with good managers and co workers with many benifits
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2017
Learned a lot about the retail business which I've never been in before.
A lot of areas to be involved in and different departments.
Not a lot of room for advancement
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Shortage of hours
decent sales jobs
Walmart wireless sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2017
A typical day at work is doing some live pa, handing out flyers, talking to customers and getting many sales as you can. The hardest part is talking to customers about your product as most customers will not care.
Cons
must get sales
Good place for a student
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2017
Team Leader
Set goals for associates and let them know that I believe in them
Positive attitude
Active in the safety and charity committee
Lead to the best of my ability and knowledge
Large opportunities and many positions leads to little personability
Store Standards Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 September 2017
Working with Wal-mart is a difficult experience, as most hours of the job are left to you, with management and supervisors being hard to communicate with and often lacking any understanding of the job that you do. Many times it is easier to ask the associates you are working with, if any, for how to solve a problem. The entire staff seems to feel overworked and downcast, with consistent hiring and attendance issues.
Pros
Comfortable, clean environment with many good people
Cons
No control over hours or ability to communicate a problem
Terrible company ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB4 September 2017
So demanding to their employees, even part-time associates needs to open their availability or else they'll give you 12hrs a week. and they will throw you everywhere. (all busy department) and you have to work hard as if they were paying you that much. and btw, most of the new employees have higher rates in the salary than the old ones. The maximum increase you can get is .50cents a year. I mean if you reach your 1 year anniversary at walmart they will give you ratings on how you work. 1,2,3,4,5. but usually they'll give you 3 means .30cents. and the management is very poor. and some of the customers belittle the associates. SMH
Pros
10% discount
Cons
worst management
Hard Working experienced skillful employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON4 September 2017
I have work for several companies from general labor to a sales associate. I am very energetic, organized skillful and have also time management skill.
I was helping customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2017
It was great working at walmart because I was able to help shoppers in finding what they needed and it was a good workplace with great benefits and I recommend this place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
Lots of training
productive and fun place to work
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 September 2017
great place to work, always busy, always something to do, helping customers and making them happy is one of my favorite things to do. cleaning up took a while but you got it done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.