Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great job but terrible management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 October 2017
I love the job the majority of the time because of the people I met through it and how the environment was; However the management is absolutely terrible.
Cons
management
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia15 October 2017
Developing a business plan that suits your purposes means tailoring a subject to your audience. Sometimes that can mean eliminating a section that isn’t applicable to your current project. If you’re writing this chapter for an internal business plan, you could approach writing a company overview as a status update on the company. How did you get to where you are today? Who is currently in
good
good
Very organized and well-structured environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2017
Being a Walmart associate is by far one of the best experiences. The company provides a lot of benefits and encourages every associate to work with full satisfaction.
understaffed
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2017
Very understaffed, and what staff they do have they treat very poorly.
The work itself was fantastic. I would recommend this job to someone who is just starting out as a retail associate.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Understaffed
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2017
Good environment safety first open to any suggestions. you never know what the next opportunity will be via phone/email. fixing the opportunity i a time manner and hearing the managers say job well done was satisfying.
productive and fun work place
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON5 October 2017
sense of responsibility among all staff also a good way to learn about other roles in a company that involves a lot of different departments. also a good leadership at work
I did enjoy working there
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB4 October 2017
A typical day was busy but fun
I learnt a lot about how things work in the store
Management was okay most days
Lots of cultures were working there
the hardest part was trying to put shelves together in a busy aisle full of customers but always got the job done anyways
the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with
Pros
Good pay to begin with
Cons
The way managers got mad over little things
Disorganized and uncaring workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC3 October 2017
No one there seemed to care about their jobs, even most managers. I worked at the customer service desk with three other girls. They booked off all the weekends so I never got to have a weekend off. They wouldn’t even let me have my birthday off when I booked it over 2 months in advance. Was bullied by another associate but nothing was done about it.
Pros
Flexible hours to a point
Cons
Just an all around bad place to work
Productive and safe environment to wok at
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB29 September 2017
Typical work day would be start off by turning all the TV'S on in the morning and making sure that the cash registers work. If there was anything that needed to be overstocked, we would either put it in the back and bin it in the right located bins, or we would label them for inventory if that was not already done so. Simply help customers with questions, unlock doors for video games, headphones, cases, etc. Treat each customer with respect, as the customer is always first!
Pros
10% Discount at Walmart
Cons
Long hours, not very flexible
Unwelcoming staff
Customer Value Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 September 2017
Staff is not welcoming, I had no training just given a scanning gun and told to scan items out, not shown how to do it or what department numbers are to scan out of.
Fun working at Walmart
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2017
Lively environment, employees and mangers were very helping and cooperative . Associates were very friendly. Loved working at Walmart just left this place because of busy schedule.
Nice enviorment where customers are priority
Deli Clerk / Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Buda, TX22 September 2017
I close most of the time. I have learned to adapt to a schedule that is not always the same. Hardest part of my job is closing by myself and the best part of my job is my customers. I have always done well with time management.
ok place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 September 2017
ok place to work.many jobs to do, however not all managers know their job.can be frustrating to work in a chaotic environment where some associates are not in their departments where customer service is needed
Workplace Culture
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 September 2017
There is a routine that takes getting used to but after time, the job is quite easy.Furthermore, the management is nice and are always willing to accommodate my needs when it comes to school.
First real job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
I can say that this workplace has room for growth within their company and its not hard to climb the ladder, if you really want to. I loved working with my fellow cashiers, but the drama i could do without. They don't really care about your social life (scheduling could be a lot better), but you have to put your foot down or they will take advantage of you.
well paided, nice people, good managers
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2017
I worked part-time around four hour shifts two times a week mostly on the weekends. I punch in at 6, then there would be an employee meeting which would take about five minutes, then I would either start to fold clothes or put away the returns or go up on cash. Around eight I take a 15 minutes break and go back to what I was doing before my break until 10 then go home
Pros
20% of everything in any Walmart store and McDonalds
Cons
repetive work and bad music
It's an alright job if you are a student
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 September 2017
This job is okay if you want steady hours, they accommodate students and work around your schedule sometimes. typically nice staff, expect not to work in the department that you were originally hired into.
Pros
flexible
Cons
a lot of running around
Some great people there to work with
Cosmetics Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2017
Work hard , this company wants a lot done in a short time in a work day , it's changed to on the sales floor so everyone can be put anywhere ... knowledge is good but the work load is a lot
Pros
Great people
Cons
Minimal pay
Working at Walmart
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 September 2017
For an entry level position, Walmart is great. Throughout my year there I was able to go from a cashier to a sales floor associate, all while being trained throughout the store. I had a few problems with scheduling and with some male associates. At the end of my time there they were making many changes throughout the store, and the management was not good throughout these times. All in all though, Walmart is a great place to have your "first job".
Coworkers were fun to work with
Produce Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK5 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Walmart because I had a good group of people to work with. The were fun and we all worked hard as a team. I did find that the promises of helping to advance in the company short lived. They weren't eager to give advancement to those good at working in produce, I believe, because it's hard to find good workers willing to work in that department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.