Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Productive and fun place to work
Customer value Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON8 December 2017
A typical day at work with start as early as 6 am and finishes at 2:30 pm and its full of joy & all about keeping customers happy.

I learned a lot about retail business being part of the team, management outstanding in this location,although i live far from the location and there's another two locations near me but this place's atmosphere and work place culture drives me this extra mile everyday.

the hardest part's not be able to help a customer out and the most enjoyable's to help a customer out.
Average
Bakery & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Deerfoot Meadows5 December 2017
In the beginning it was a good place to work. But over time there were too many managers and all of them would tell you to do something different at the same time.
Customer Service/ Logistics Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 December 2017
A typical day in Walmart is doing my job with my team mates in order to have timely and effective work pace in order to have smooth flow within the company.
It was great until the change over
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON1 December 2017
I loved my job at Walmart it was a great environment with tons of friendly people and i thoroughly enjoyed going to work everyday. In July there was a big company change and management has been treating myself and other employees with 0 respect and absolute disgusting behaviors towards us. currently I am on a probation for being off with a head injury where Walmart will refuse me if i try and apply for any jobs within the company and keeps threatening termination of my job. It is myself an numerous employees also in this situation. Walmart management are overall terrible people
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB30 November 2017
Friendly environment, staff are great to work with. I loved working with the customers, and that every day was different but there was some routine throughout the day.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2017
Store manager is great!!! Most of the managers are. Love dealing with customers. I understand the need to ask a customer to apply for the WMMC but when they say no, respect it. Don't harass them. This was my only problem with the company. Working at walmart taught me a lot.
Interesting working with people
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Few things are good to work in Walmart such as working with people, convenient place to work . But expectation is beyond the limitation. Team department supervisors are horrible. Higher management is okay
Pros
Holiday lunch
Cons
Managing the big area
Mismanaged and Opressive
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 November 2017
The management team is shuffled constantly so building a rapport with your manager is useless as they will be working in another dept or another store within 6 months. the store manger micromanages in the weirdest way possible and tells us to ignore head office directives. I even had her once say to my face that "well im your boss and i sign your cheques so you better dam (language filter) well do as i say"

the atmosphere is horrible and the benefits don't exist beside a 10% discount on purchases, they refuse to hire new staff fearing the upcoming minimum wage hike and don't know how to schedule, constantly leaving a single associate to cover the back half of the store.

If I could warn anyone against applying for a job at walmart, I would.
Pros
10% discount...
Cons
everything else
It is an okay job if you need one
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 November 2017
The people make this job. The duties are that which you expect and management can be overbearing and downright disrespectful on occasion, with some very note worthy exceptions, but the people you work with are really good folks for the most part. Some may not show up to work but when they are there, they are great to work with.
Pros
People
Cons
Managment
Great people but poor management.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2017
overall it was a great place to learn new skills. the company itself was great the only downfall was the location i was at was the location that was used to train new store managers. this effected the store moral significantly because each trainee made many changes that they thought would help profits and many of their ideas failed and we were all held responsible and it also made our profit sharing cheque at the end of each year lower then other locations.
Recommended place to work for students and people without Canadian work experience
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario21 November 2017
Salary is not commensurate to the job responsibilities; more responsibilities but low salary. My co-workers are nice to work with, and some managers if not all, give equal treatments to their subordinates.
lots of work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 November 2017
fast paced work place, a lot of work nightly. friendly workers and well respected employees. Friendly environment.

Working working to support Managers and employees, I have gain experience in day to day planning.
My Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 November 2017
I work various shifts from opening to closing and mid shifts. These shifts include stocking and Customer Service. I enjoy interacting and helping the customers.
Pros
Work with wonderful people
N/a
Customer Service Specialists (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2017
Very busy during the days and weekends
Learned a lot on merchandising
Management is good
Has a mixed culture
Lots of heavy lifting
Busy with customer
Pros
Cons
Early hours
This place gives you more opportunities to succeed and excel
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON12 November 2017
The most important thing about Walmart is Customer service and secure environment.
Most enjoyable part of this job is to satisfy the customers and fulfill their needs to make them happy
Pros
a place to learn
Cons
good working and motivational training environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2017
i have worked at wallmart and enjoyed training as a motivational and enthusiastic learning. also actively participated in team work and enhanced skills in work.
Pros
promotional events
Cons
short breaks
Not a fun place to work rude management
Stocked shelves and handled customer service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 November 2017
Terrible management never allow you to book off time unless its 3 weeks notice, how am I supposed to know what I'm doing three weeks in advance rude managers that don't care about anything at all. This is the major Mackenzie location
Pros
nothing at all pro about this place
Cons
long hours poor treatment poor work conditions
High Stress Job as a Cashier
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 November 2017
Typical day: I feel like a zombie
What I learned: how to fake it till I made it. Customers love me, deep down, I hated my job
Management: Constantly on your back
Workplace Culture: Not bad, coworkers are great
Most enjoyable part: Sometimes you get odd customers that make your day. Sometimes even coworkers, Then you realize in world of dreaded capitalism, there is hope
Pros
Discount and potlucks
Good workplace to start
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 November 2017
Typical days - bussy between customer service and bakery production tasks
Workplace culture - multicultural friendly atmosphere
The hardest part of the job - lifting
Bad Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2017
Work long hours with no pay and disrespect from managers. had to fight to get breaks and just overall treated like a slave. would not recommend working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.