Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

To many managers
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
Punch in. Go to your cash register which is different every day. Sign in to cash register. Clean around your area if there is time. Cash customers out. Package items.
Pros
Talking to my customers as they are being cashed out
Cons
Too many managers
Amazing experience and great mangement team .. had a great time to work there
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 February 2018
Working at walmart as cashier was a very great experience . It made me learn new things and meet new people and make so many friends . The teams and team members including the mangers are great . The best thing to work there is the team
enjoyment in my position
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON29 January 2018
enjoyed workin with some of the people.....bein in a small town ,I had regular ppl that preferred comin through my cash then others
'......im bery sociable with ppl of alll ages..........they wanted me to apply for other positions but I was happier workin on cash........received a few awards for items per hour ,,,,,I helped stock shelves n fold clothes.....
Management could be improved but good people to work with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON19 January 2018
Worked at Walmart for 2 years and enjoyed the people that I had the chance to meet. New experiences and many opportunities for expansion within the company are provided.
Pros
Hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks
Workplace review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2018
The management & supervisors were great.
The schedule was difficult for me as a parent who needed something flexible with my childs daycare.

I was a cashier & I loved the job & environment dealing with the customers.
Pros
Fast paced, friendly staff & coworkers
Interesting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2018
Challenging but rewarding, management lacked a little but overall an upbeat environment to work in. Duties were simple and easily accessed and fulfilled
The associates are great, but the managment can be off-putting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL12 January 2018
Wal-Mart as a company was very rewarding for me and felt like a great place to work, but what kind of experience you will get from it can all depend on what kind of management team you have to deal with. What I mean by this is that no matter what you do in the job place it will all come down to the type of management you have running the store that will determine how you will enjoy or dislike the company. It was very hit or miss for me over the years I was employed there, sometimes a new manager is hired and you'll have a good run for a few months before he is relocated and then you end up with a complete opposite person leaving you dreading to go in to work due to the fact of this evil incarnation.
Pros
Good staff, flexible scheduling (Store Dependent)
Cons
Unappreciative of efforts, Unrealistic assigned tasks, lack of staff leads to increased workloads
Okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
Wal-Mart can be no a bad place to work when its not on one of its busy days. But when it gets busy you'll have to watch out plenty of people coming at you with tons of questions. The people that worked there were decent.
was a very good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB5 January 2018
loved working with the people that I worked with. the only reason why I am not there is because I m currently in school for nursing and I have two boys to care for so they did not want to work with my schedule because you have to have an open availability
Pros
the walmart team is wonderful
Cons
They will not work with Student/ single mothers scheduals
Management lies to your face.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2018
I was put in a different department after working there for 1 year, and told I'd get a call with my hours, and 2 weeks later, no call, no hours. When I inquired about it, no one knew what I was talking about. I was forced to find other employment. My manager looked me right in the face and lied to me. I loved my job there, but management screwed me big time.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Dishonest management
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 December 2017
I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gives opp in terms career advancement

Cons

Repetitive duties but it's up on the indvl to make everyday an exciting place to work.its just a matter of living and loving what you do

Advice to Management

Recognize associate who are really excelling and consistently giving out their everyday effort to help and not just seeing those one-day show off ones.
busy workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 December 2017
being a cashier is quite demanding at walmart as there are so many customers. working there as a student is always great because they are very flexible with their hours but the salary is completely underrated.
Pros
quick shift
Cons
bagging items without help
Pleasant work environment with cooperative team members
Cashier Customer service / Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 December 2017
The company is very good and promising, with good colleagues and encouraging customers. The pay is reasonable, though could be better, and several incentives like discounts for staff.
Pros
Several incentives and prospects of advancement.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Walmart
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB8 December 2017
Typical day at work was pretty laid back which I enjoyed. The hardest part of my job was performing the same tasks over and over again. The best part of this job was the flexibility of hours and working time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive work
Unfair distribution of hours, also, what's employees needs?
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 December 2017
If you want to work way too many hours a week (as a part-timer) and never have your needs heard, this is the place for you! The managers don't listen to your needs - like if you need days off for schooling, they will ignore the need, It could have just been my store, but I don't know. i dont recommend the job
Pros
The discounts decent
Cons
Long hours, and emotional abuse
Unacceptable treatment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Keswick, ON7 December 2017
I think Walmart has very good company policies that would be more effective if they were utilized and followed properly. They over book part-time employee's and do not follow regulations. The managers are not sympathetic or understanding at all.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
The way issues are handled and addressed
WalMart Review
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 December 2017
This is my review for WalMart. I worked here for 2 years. It is a good company to work for. I worked as a cashier and customer service representative.
Everyone who works here is sad
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 November 2017
It is really unfortunate to work with people who hate what they do. The management would fire anyone who wasn't happy or in my case, "doodling". If you enjoy standing still for long periods of time then this job is for you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management was accommodating with scheduling
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL17 November 2017
Working part time at Walmart was a great experience. I was able to work the particular hours which accommodated my family. Great co workers! I was sad to leave, only reason I did leave was due to relocating for my husbands work.
Pros
Schedule worked for me
good first job
Cashier, Customer Service, Cash-outs, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB15 November 2017
I wasn't working here long to really have much of an opinion, but for my first job it was great they gave me lots of hours, so being 16 and getting a $600 paycheck was great. they had basic tills which makes it easy to learn on, and I learned customer service quickly working here.
Pros
staff room was great, always had snacks
Cons
too busy sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

535.6K