Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,352 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC29 April 2017
Walmart is a good employer that offers the chance to serve the community in providing goods and services. Diverse workforce strong team, Good benefits and incentives.
Pros
Benefits and Incentives
Cons
With such a large company sometimes there's a loss of communication
Long term benefits
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 April 2017
Walmart has great stock and benefit options, so long term employment can really pay off. Having said this, the immediate pay is on the low side. Unfortunately the company does have a propensity to cut employee hours in order to maximize company profits. However, if you can work around this, their stock options can be quite lucrative for long term planning.
Pros
stock options
Cons
usually low work hours resulting in low pay
Mediocre
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB29 April 2017
Moral is kept low, with management forcing overly strenuous work on employees, while offering no gratitude or compliments to the job. You may have unloaded a whole truck without taking a break; since it was expressed with an urgency to be completed; but you don't get a single 'good job'.
Pros
10% Discount card
Cons
No gratitude, low morals. Highlight bad; minimize the good.
Family and Goal Oriented
Produce associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Walmarts provides it's employees great opportunity to advance and grow with the company as a whole, overall it is a well organized job, and certainly it feels like a team effort when working with my fellow employees; however I want the chance to grow to bigger and better heights. without the limitation of minimum wage, because let's be honest... no one can survive on miminum wage, hence why people always strive to put themselves in a better position, and I am the kind of person who likes to work hard and learn new things at the same time!
Jod bob
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2017
The job it's good have downsize of different trucks very dirty trucks inside can be better but over all it's dissent job good benefits ,,management on the drivers part it's not that good they need to care more for there drivers
Pros
Home every day, benefits
Cons
Not enough hours, trucks dirty, change shifts
It is not bad working there for beginner.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
I work as a seasonal department when I start working for 3 month and they change me to the front till. so my experience is god and bud but I would say it is good place to work in general.
Fun Place to Work
UPC Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 April 2017
Airdrie Wal-Mart has a great group of people that are fun and easy to work with. As it is a very busy store there is always lots to do. It is currently undergoing management changes in order to better provide direction and customer assistance. when all the new changes are done it should be a good place to be for both customers and employees
Well structured work environment with great advancement opportunities.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON27 April 2017
I learned a great amount about life in a big organization and many valuable skills. Management was competent enough and were mostly sympathetic to the employees needs.
Pros
Friendly environment
not so great
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 April 2017
it started off great loved the atmosphere, then with new management it became more about pleasing them rather then the customer.
I was really turned off of working for this employer again.
not good long term
In-stock Team (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 April 2017
My location had terrible managers, I have worked at many different jobs and my worst managers were at Wal-Mart. Want to move up in the company? not at Wal-Mart, they hired new managers from out of store and not even rom other Wal-marts.
Amazing place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 April 2017
I loved working here, I honestly miss my coworkers and think about them all the time. This Walmart is small and doesn't include grocery so its not over packed but its a nice Walmart to get the little things you need and the employees are absolutely the most friendly people I have ever met
Good part time job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
Was a good job for a hard time in my life. I worked here as a teenager in high school as well. easy work for low pay, basically everything you would expect from a large retailer.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay
Good work life balance.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
best retail job in the industry today. good benefits balance life and work. The management is very supportive and guide you through when you need assistance.
fun
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB26 April 2017
had a lot of fun and learn a lot of things while woking there.it has developed lot of skills while i was working there and it has improved so many new skills in me.
Pros
new experience
Portrait
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON26 April 2017
Not a very friendly place to work. Not really good hours. Would of liked to do more photography choices then just the sit and pose. Wouldn't work there again.
it was good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 April 2017
healthy environment, good people, good work. very easy to communicate with coworkers and management, very flexible hours. I enjoyed my time there thanks to that.
great service and healthy work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North Park, ON26 April 2017
this company had a great culture and a strong management team. l have gathered an unmatched skill through its management essential course program and on the job experiences both on salesfloor and backroom. A typical day at work can be long but also challenging as well but most enjoyeable part is the celebration of successes and appreciation of associates hardwork.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
long hrs
Decent place to work, just don't expect a lot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 April 2017
I quit another grocery store chain as a cashier to move here, and it was a surprising improvement. However, this is compared to my terrible experience at the last company, so my standards weren't high. As a high school student, this is a really good job and because it's a big store, there's always hours and shifts to take. Overall it's a friendly, casual environment that I enjoyed and it was easy to make friends. The job gets old and repetitive, and managers are constantly making pointless and annoying changes to the workplace, which ultimately lead me to leave.
Pros
lots of breaks, friendly environment
Cons
managers, repetitiveness
Great customer service and teamwork
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON26 April 2017
Working at walmart is a great job for someone just starting out or looking for something to do after retirement. Walmart can improve on some management issues. In my opinion there should be better communication between managers so that customers are getting helped faster
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Miscommunication
Good for student part time job.
Conseillère en vente du secteur de l'électronique (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC26 April 2017
Good for student part time job. They offer flexible schedules and they are very understanding towards student lifestyle. They dont pay much and every year you get 30cent augmentation. Every year you get a bonus depending on customer satisfaction and sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval