Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 5,714 reviews matching the search
If you want your soul sucked out this is where to apply
Secondary Receiver (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 June 2017
I was half trained, thrown onto the floor and told to "have at it". Most of my learning came from asking random questions of fellow associates. Yes, it was a steady job, and I never had to worry about getting laid off, but that's the only perk of the job.
under paid and under aprpeciated
Instock Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON27 June 2017
under paid and under appreciated. no matter how hard you work you get paid the same amount as someone who doesn't carry their own weight. I had little difficulty working at Walmart and almost always finished my work on time. and if I didn't I would always stay later until the job is done.
Pros
breaks were nice
Cons
pays terribly
Its a job
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 June 2017
Its a job nothing more. The management makes it difficult to enjoy working there. Work is not shared equally, blame gets passed around since no one will ever own up to their mistakes.
Pros
Hard to get fired
Cons
Great place to gain some experience in customer service
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2017
I enjoyed this job because I started out as a cashier and quickly advanced into a Customer Service Manager. Yeah there were some grumpy customers to deal with but hey that's the challenge you get when you deal with customers. It makes you think about the best possible outcome where both you and your customer walk away happy. It's rewarding. So, working at Walmart, you get these interactions to build experience. Plus you get the extra responsibility.
Pros
discount and benefits
Cons
Work Night then Day (mismatched scheduling), standing all day
repetitive day at work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2017
Depending on the department you are placed in the difficulty changes but overall it is an easy going workplace with the same duties each day you go to work, biggest concern i had was the lack of good management if that were to improve Walmart would be a great company to work for
Great place to work.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON27 June 2017
friendly environment, great coworkers, great training.
good medical benefits, the day goes by so fast, Walmart takes good care of their employees. loved working there.
Starter Job
First Shift In-Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Worked as a First Shift In-Stock associate. Not a bad job, just not stellar. Generally speaking the middle management of the store isn't bad, but upper management is a bit too close to corporate to care all that much about the individual. Nobody is mean there or anything. Just jaded from the corporate retail life.

All around, not bad. Just not recommended to stick around for a career. You absolutely could if you wished to.
Pros
Decent work.
Cons
Standard minimum wage fare.
Nice for a starting Job or retiree employment
In-charge of Dry grocery First In-stock Team (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC26 June 2017
Nice place with good people you can trust. Enjoyed me time here. If you are starting out of school or looking for employment while attending college, it is a great place to start. When there is a good Management team you couldn't ask for better. But unless you are short timing or Manager potential ensure you plan an alternate work.
Pros
Goodpeople
Cons
Hours and expectations
Be prepared to walk all over ppl in order to move up in the company.
Overnight Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 June 2017
Walmart is changing for the worst when it come to the way they treat their employees. Management will write you up for petty reasons because they are told no one is perfect. Gong Show
Pros
Some of the employees
Fast pace environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 June 2017
Nice place to work if you like to be busy at all times. No dull moments. Salary too poor and increments come in cents. sometimes favoritism is so evident
Pros
Keeps you very busy
Cons
Low wages
A fast paced , friendly, customer service oriented workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2017
There is never a time when there isn't something to do. The day usually goes by and it's time to go home. It can be very intense but management is very supportive and lots of open communication. It's a great place to learn the retail experience with ongoing and updated training.
disliked working 110%
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC25 June 2017
I have only been working here for a few months and I hate it so much. I try to stay positive but the management sucks, They work you more than you should be, the associates are rude (only some of them). I dislike it so much that I have called in sick like 20 times just because I hate it. The training/ trainers don't really help you. I got yelled at because I did not know about the communications book.
Pros
10% off of mcdonalds and 50% off on the 15th at mcdonalds
Cons
Long hours, rude management
Bonuses and great people
Dept. Manager (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 June 2017
Always evolving to meet customer needs. Providing up to date training which is always beneficial. Hard workers who are dedicated to their jobs. Walmart is a great community supporter and has donated millions to various charities.
Pros
Good benefits and great people
Cons
Some long days but not many
enjoyable role/bad management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS24 June 2017
Benefits and pay as a salary manager was great. Though I lost my job through restructuring, I still enjoyed my role and the roles I had getting there. I did find the way the layoffs and secrecy behind them was unjust and disrespectful to the staff that have worked there. Many for years.
The last management team I worked with was a hateful and unenjoyable crew. No one worked as a team, it was a very lonely place to work as a salaried manager. The store manager was a very nasty person, and did not like to see anyone get a head. She was spiteful and just a down right witch.
Pros
benefits package and discounts
Cons
management team
Great place, bad hours
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2017
Although the environment of Walmart Superstore is great, the hours they have available for part-time works are terrible. With only 10 hours a week, it feels as if I will need a job that sustains more hours a week.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Only weekend shifts available
nice place to work
Operations Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2017
its a really good place to work at. I am working in this place from last 6 years and it is really good to work with such a great management team . i will recommend this place to everyone.
Ok Place to work or start out
cashier, but mainly the electronics department (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL23 June 2017
Wal-Mart has given me some good interpersonal skills and has made my customer service experience one I can use for my future employers. I would work here again.
Pros
good experience
Cons
part time only in my area. Low pay for hard work
Interesting work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON23 June 2017
At Walmart, you don't learn any skills that prepare you for any other jobs (excluding similar stores) but the benefits of working there are pretty good. A 10% discount off of any item and benefits may make the job seem more attractive.
Pros
Benefits and a 10% discount
Cons
Long hours, hard work, old employees
A good place to start
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
I really enjoy working at walmart, all the mangers are extremely respectful of the associates and willing to accommodate student availability. I have learned communication skills and gained patience from dealing with customers over 4 years.
Pros
Nice managers, good availability accommodation
Cons
lower wage.
The Retail Career Store
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 June 2017
When you work in a Walmart store there is so much that always needs to get done.

So very quickly it's taught that whatever it takes to get the job done, as long as it's being done safely, is good enough for Walmart.

Working in Walmart Store(s) over the course of my career has better prepared me for the work place. It gave me the opportunity to understand company culture and appreciate when it's there. It has probably over prepared me for any customer interaction I could ever have in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval