Walmart Employee Reviews

Good place to work lots of room for advancement within the company
Full time In-stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 December 2017
straight days/afternoons
room for advancement
in house training
management ever changing
team atmosphere
if you enjoy helping others and working together as a team Walmart is a great place to work
fun full of life
Cashier/Toy Department Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 December 2017
was wonderful working with so many diff people and situations on a daily basis management was always nderstanding about you as a person not just an object.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no bennifit
Atmosphère agréable
Conseiller la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 December 2017
C'était très interessant travailler à cette place ,les gens étaient très sympas et j'aimais aussi travailler là.
Pros
temps plein seulement sont syndiquer
Cons
10% de rabais pour les employeurs
Fun and Friendly
Courtesy Desk Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON11 December 2017
Great staff. Fun and friendly environment. Smaller store, so less hectic work days. Typical day required you not to leave your work station, making isolated jobs quite boring.
Pros
Fun and Friendly
Meh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC11 December 2017
There are definitely some good people. Except the odd snarky coworker. Especially during a afternoon rush, always be on guard for the long lines of people rushing in. Also that one angry coworker who tries to get literally everyone fired. 😂
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Snarky coworker
wouldnt work around my college hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK11 December 2017
wouldn't work around my college hours. everyone there thought they where better then you or they just wouldn't work at all there was no team atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC11 December 2017
walmart is an amazing place to work at. Your are interacting with new and old customers everyday and getting to create conversations all day long as you are working. It is a fast paced environment that requires you to get the job done quickly but in a efficient manner. The employees and employers are all great people to work with!
bon travail d'équipe
commis (Former Employee) –  Mascouche, QC10 December 2017
Bon travail d'équipe , gens sympathique, bonne gérance.
Pros
10 /100 sur tout les produits
Cons
je travaillais de nuit
The South Barrie Walmart was a good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 December 2017
I worked there for a number of years and advanced quite quickly from part time to full time employment. It is great that they post in house before posting publicly.
Flexible hours
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC9 December 2017
Flexible hours all shifts available graveyard days
Room to grow
Lots of different positions available
Fast pace
Friendly co workers
I have nothing else to say about working at Walmart
Pros
All shifts available
Productive and fast pace
Order Filler- walmart distribution (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2017
Productive and fast-paced. I only worked part time so I did not receive benefits. Overall professional and respectful environment to work in. Management can be less than ideal at times.
Walmart
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB8 December 2017
Typical day at work was pretty laid back which I enjoyed. The hardest part of my job was performing the same tasks over and over again. The best part of this job was the flexibility of hours and working time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive work
Productive and fun place to work
Customer value Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON8 December 2017
A typical day at work with start as early as 6 am and finishes at 2:30 pm and its full of joy & all about keeping customers happy.

I learned a lot about retail business being part of the team, management outstanding in this location,although i live far from the location and there's another two locations near me but this place's atmosphere and work place culture drives me this extra mile everyday.

the hardest part's not be able to help a customer out and the most enjoyable's to help a customer out.
Nice workers fun times just long 8+ hour shifts
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 December 2017
4 or 5 8 hour shifts plus school is too much
The co workers are nice and i like working with them and also the managers are very kind and fair workers.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Very longs hours only 8 hour shifts or more
Unfair distribution of hours, also, what's employees needs?
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 December 2017
If you want to work way too many hours a week (as a part-timer) and never have your needs heard, this is the place for you! The managers don't listen to your needs - like if you need days off for schooling, they will ignore the need, It could have just been my store, but I don't know. i dont recommend the job
Pros
The discounts decent
Cons
Long hours, and emotional abuse
Walmart
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON8 December 2017
Walmart does not care about its people. They do not have a good corporate culture or work life balance. You never get your schedule on time. Management doesn't care about its people
Pros
Cons
No worklife balance, micromanaged by coworkers
Bien
Préposé aux ventes et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC8 December 2017
Rangement des articles services à la clientèle et responsable des caisses
Overall great place!
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS7 December 2017
I worked for 3 months at Walmart in New Minas. I loved how kind the management was. They took my mental health very seriously & tried their hardest to make my work life as comfortable as possible. Sadly I could not continue anymore due to a really bad depression episode. Walmart offered me above minimum wage starting off , based off experience. They also respect people's individuality, they never made me hide my tattoo, their where people who had funky hair, piercings. And the employees where all very kind as well. Such a diverse and interesting enviroment to work in! Highly recommend anyone just starting off in the work world to give it a go!
Pros
Kind co workers, support, diversity, wages, health and wellness
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to work, but it all comes down to co-workers
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
A typical day is going to work, making sure breaks and lunches are given.

Depending on what store you work at, is going to depend what kinda of managers you have. Some managers are awesome, others don't know how to do their jobs. Most of the assistant managers don't even know how to run a cash register,
Cons
random schedule, dont get holidays off, no benefits for part time, hard to get full time hours
labour job
Store Standard Associate (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON7 December 2017
this job was alright i had fun most of the time. Though it was back breaking because i had to push 6 carts constantly because the cart machine was broken at that moment when i was working there. the the other associate were nice including the customer and the environment there was good as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.