Walmart

Walmart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dinning room
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Every working day I learned new things from different sources. It could be from colleagues, customers or management. The most enjoyable part is always the lunch time with all my colleagues sharing our food, talking about everything. The hardest part (dealing with angry customers) is not really is, I rather considered it as a learning session.
Poor management and overall environment
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: dirty work environment, angry coworkers, not a good place to work
A typical day working at Walmart was not as great as I expected. Everyone was always in a bad mood, customers included. I did not learn much from that position. Management was never around, or if they were they were not happy being there. My co-workers were very to themselves and never socialized with fellow workers, even in the break room. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the cranky people throughout every shift, mainly the employees instead of the customers.
Customer Service Mnager
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Mount PearlFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: very flexible when it comes to balancing school and work
Cons: been there 8 years and wage same as some who just gets hired
I am a people person and working at walmart has certainly exposed me to all kinds of situations when dealing with the public in retail. I enjoy my job at Walmart very much.
Consistently actively working at the register
Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 23, 2015
Working at Wal Mart I obtained a high level of knowledge on how the cash register functions. I interacted with fellow co workers and used my customer service skills.
Good benefits, lazy management
Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: standing all day, thin mats to stand on, poor management
The work benefits were good, the management would often go out of their departments to get others to do the work their people were supposed to do, who were getting paid to sit in the back room, while others do their work. There was little or no room for advancement, and the managers won't do anything to help when short on manpower, just stand and watch.
fast paced environment
Sales Clerk - Full-Time (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 22, 2015
unloading truck s was fun
i learned how to work at a faster pace
managers were awsome
everyone got along well worked well together as a team
fast pace and fun with pool table in break room
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough employees
Fun and enjoyable, money mangement skills, very understanding and helpful, great people, not enough helping hands, meeting new customers and helping with their needs.
Place to work that was sort of OK.
Cashier/customer service representative (Former Employee), ottawaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short hours
Working at Wal-Mart was a good experience for me because I learned a lot about big stores. my co-workers were alright to work with but I did not make friends there so o well. hardest part of my day was standing for long periods of time but that was OK.
A challenging work place
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: 25% discount with notable phone network providers
I have had the greatest encouragement from my Manager. My colleagues have been supportive and equally encouraging. Wal-Mart is culturally diverse and a good working environment!
people hate working at walmart
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: ensured hours, flexible
Cons: atmosphere
Working at Walmart is a job, and just that! I personally found that the environment is very non professional and dramatic. The job had guaranteed a min. of 12 hours a week and max of 28 (for Part-time) however if you were a reliable employee they would try to get you come come in all the time when you are not schedule. The hours are great for people going to school, I just personal can not handle the amount of drama that goes on at the work place. I have worked at numerous Walmart location and it seem that this is a common theme at Walmart.
It is a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: i liked working there, more opportunities for job advancement
Cons: no stability in the working hours
I liked being a Cashier, I enjoy talking to customers and help them with their purchase requirements. Our department manager was very supportive, always ready to offer valuable advise whenever I need one.
Walmart Rocks!!
Customer service and Stock Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 19, 2015
Good Management!
well Organized!! and learnt a lot with the Team work.
systematic approach and focus on Customer Service.
Very easy to get through a day.
Unloader (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 19, 2015
Very friendly and nice people to work with and to get along with, as well as friendly environment with the management staff as well.
Productive use of time
Electronics Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Walmart is a good company to work for if you plan working full time and for a long period of time. I learned a lot about retail and how to communicate with aggressive customers. Management overall is great and easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job is ensuring that all prices have been changed and labeled at the correct times. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers on the daily. It's fun and effective when you are interacting with others.
Friendly workplace
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Midland, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: friendly, free food on occasion
Cons: boring
I would come in and be greeted by most if not all of the staff i saw, i punch in and head up to the till where the CSM's would help me with any questions i had.

I learned how to be friendly to even the meanest of people.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people who came through and having conversations, learning about them and seeing the same customers return.

The hardest part of the job was doing nothing with all of the time you had when the store was slow and you finished all of your cleaning.
I enjoyed working with my co workers
2nd In Stock (Former Employee), Westbank, BCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: my co workers
Cons: wage. walmart can afford to pay better and hire full time with benifits
It was a very hard job for someone my age and over weight after spending 12 years long hauling. Instead of driving the truck I was now unloading 53 foot trailers by hand one box at a time. They say max 50 lbs but some weighed up to 150lbs. after that was done and everything was stacked on pallets ( usually 12 feet high) according to department we used hand pallet jacks to pull them out to each dept. for the night shift to stock shelves. I learned never to give up and if I just kept going I would not only get through my shift but lost 65lbs. What I enjoyed most was my co-workers, most 25 years younger than me, they never treated me like they thought I couldn't do the job. And as far as I know, I still hold the record at Westbank WalMart for unloading a trailer the fastest.
productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCFebruary 16, 2015
Typical day at work would be to be assigned to a til and served customers with a smile and politely telling to enjoy the rest of their day as they leave walmart.
Good management and strong prospect for future growth
Sales Associate - housewares dept (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: meet new people everyday
Cons: repetition of task sometimes
Walmart has a good and competent managers who operate an open door policy, it is a great working environment and of course good place for personal growth and development.
Very fast paced
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2015
 Provided a clean, stocked, well zoned store
 Maintained operational and merchandise standards
 Followed and complied with all applicable health and sanitation procedures.
Hated It, Will never work for the company again.
Electronic Sale Associate (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches and two 15 minute breaks.
Cons: almost full-time(peak time) even though i had school.
Management did not accommodate my school into my work hours, co-workers were fine. The most enjoyable part was helping someone get something that can enjoy.The hardest part about the job was finding the energy to do what needed to be done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more