Position Summary: The Regional Associate Relations Manager is our associate advocate – working to ensure the needs of our associates, our business and our customers are met utilizing Walmart’s culture as a true strategic asset as we work to help people save money so they can live better.
1. This role supports associates and managers in a region, nurturing a culture of positive associate relations, while managing processes and making decisions that mitigate company exposure to employment law challenges, ESA related challenges, Human Rights Challenges and Labour Relations challenges.
2. Lead Walmart’s positive associate relations program through store visits, audits, assessments and training. As the associate advocate, the Regional Associate Relations Manager works to ensure we enable our associates to be successful, resolve associate concerns and maintain a direct relationship with our associates.
3. Advises and provides guidance to store leaders seeking advice and support for disciplinary issues.
4. Conducts investigations into issues brought forth by associates and managers.
Provides guidance and counsel to stores implementing suitable accommodation to associates returning to work from work-related injuries.
5. Ensures accommodations are appropriate and in line with recommendations from Risk Management and any 3rd party assessments.
6. Monitor and assess effectiveness of critical cultural programs (Open Door, Grass Roots, Walmart Way of Working) and highlight strengths and weaknesses from a store and district perspective.
7. Oversee implementation of regional engagement strategy. Monitor and supports stores to ensure engagement plans are implemented, processes followed. Assist in development of engagement strategies for low-scoring stores.
- Bilingual French / English and/or other languages – an asset.
- University/Masters degree in Human Resources or Industrial Relations or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
- 6-8 years experience in human resources/related management – with 5 years at a management level.
- 3-5 years Labour Relations experience is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications including exceptional facilitation/presentation/public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing Communications.
- Ability to build and manage effective business relationships: superior client partnership and consulting at all levels of the organization. Strong business acumen and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent the organization externally.
- Flexible – with solid planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate in dynamic and unstructured situations during the course of change.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong creativity--able to think and work in an abstract or conceptual mode, and then translate such thought into tangible, actionable plans/programs.
- Strong feedback and coaching skills.
- Solid leadership and influencing skills including but not limited to:
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to influence/lead a team of professionals providing/sharing vision, expertise, role clarity and strategic alignment to team/business objectives
- Assert influence consistent with the team’s/business’ performance culture
- This role involves travel within a region a minimum 60% of the time, with travel for extended periods in some cases.