Wallace Law www.WallaceLaw.ca
Moira Wallace is the founder of Wallace Law, the source for small and medium sized businesses to receive mobile, virtual and in-house legal services, not previously available to smaller businesses. Moira helps companies understand and manage legal issues that affect businesses of any size. With over 10 years experience as a corporate in-house lawyer, she has a proven track record of providing practical legal advice that adds value and profitability to her clients' bottom line. Not a typical lawyer who bills for every minute or piece of advice, she gives her clients a sense of security in having a lawyer who understands their business needs and goals. She loves to find the loopholes in documents that will help her clients. That's why she is the Chief Loophole Advisor.
The ideal assistant will have experience in Corporate Law and some understanding of small business and an entrepreneurial approach to bring to this growing business. The ideal individual is professional, independent and an organized self-starter. While maintaining attention to detail, it will be necessary to practice flexibility and to take responsibility for varied tasks.
The position will involve, but is not limited to:
- the planning and implementation of an office work flow system that allows for efficient client service and record keeping
- use of QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets to maintain bookkeeping standards as required for corporate tax, personal budgeting and LSUC standards
- working with client files to support incorporations, share agreements, resolutions, corporate leasing and research into various business and employment law
- drafting letters, preparing minute books and court filings
- making and receiving telephone calls and recording messages
- maintaining schedule of client appointments, expense payments, and task management
- billing, collection and recording of income
- maintaining contact files and updating client information
- planning and participating in LSUC required, and other, Professional Development
- marketing through social media, newsletters, website and networking meetings
- Must possess a Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate from a reputable college
- Must possess, at a minimum, at least 3-5 years
- Strong computer and Internet skills with excellent knowledge of standard software (Microsoft Office 2003/2007, QuickBooks, E-laws)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal directly with clients
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, work independently and have good problem-solving skills
- Strong file management, scheduling, billing, accounts receivable and database management capabilities
- Highly organized, proactive, and quick learner
Indeed - 16 months ago
Welcome to Wallace Law
Moira Wallace is the founder of Wallace Law, the source for small and medium sized businesses to receive mobile,...