Wajax Power Systems Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Long term employment, friendly coworkers,convenient location
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
I enjoyed working here as everyday I learned new skills and had solid support. With a structured job description, it gave me the opportunity to continuously learn and achieve job satisfaction.
Wajax was good
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 August 2017
Wajax power systems as a whole entity was a fun place to work for my 5 years there, was a very fun place to work and had great people as colleagues. unfortunately by the end of my employment management went in the gutter and they hired some in qualified people to run the show. I would recommend Wajax as a place to work, if Management was changed.
Pros
Amazing work enviromnent
Cons
Managment
Good group of guys to work with
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
The wages are good, benefits are above average, pension is a bonus. There is opportunity to do a large variety of work. Very nice shop with lots of tooling. The company is way behind with technology though, old desk top diagnostic computers, paper work orders and a poor parts system.
Pros
Nice shop and tooling
Cons
Lack of training
Good work environment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 May 2017
Good work environment. Lots of variety. People were good to work with. Company is accommodating towards its employees. Willing to train new employees. Pay could be a little better, but still not too bad.
good place
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 April 2017
Prepare and process warranty claims and customer work orders using the Trend system, responsible for the accounts payable, post receivables to the system, and responsible for proper revenue collection.
Support the company’s financial management practises by ensuring the effective closure of work orders at month-end, and ensuring that the information is posted on the Trend system within the set deadlines in order for the Toronto Head Office to close its monthly financial statements. Analyzed contract performance for bids, budgets and forecasts.
Act on behalf of the Service Manager when required which consists of managing the service department, supervising 22 technicians, and delegating work to ensure the effective service delivery.
Developed and implemented a variety of innovative policies and strategies to promote service.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad managers
no comment
Parts technician - issuing parts to mechanics (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 March 2017
I have no comment about this company. I have nothing bad to say about them - I just have no comment. The management system needs a complete overhaul.
Wajax
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
It's an alright place to work though the hours can be long, communication is really bad at times. People are friendly and very welcoming. Once you get the hang of things can be good.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
long hours, no communication
fast pace company
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
get it in get it out is the way they fly around there. the hardest part of the job is a large fella getting into the backside of the bus to repair it
Pros
benefits are awesome
Cons
management is something to be desired
Great group of to work for, not much work
Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 February 2017
When I started there was lots of work for everybody, however Wajax does not have a good name for themselves and when the economy started going downhill there was hardly any work for anybody. As a mechanic starting out it made it hard to gain experience.
Pros
great life/ work balance
Cons
slow shop
Great learning atmosphere
Apprentice Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 January 2017
At Wajax Power Systems, it was a great learning place for an apprentice with some knowledge in the 18-Wheeler world. So many new parts compared to the automotive world I know.
Pros
Great team.
Cons
Not enough work.
Exciting Products
Parts and Services Business Development (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC14 September 2016
I only worked one year, It was exciting to sell the parts and services to customers. Unfortunately, the company closed the sales department and I was out of a job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Did not work long enough
Good place to get started
HET APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2016
Began my apprenticeship there, with average wages and awesome benefits. Working in the warehouse is a good family/ Monday to Friday job.
benefits
Cons
wages
Wajax
Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 September 2015
The wages and benefits are decent. Fair amount of variety. Management likes to undermine employees. Management openly complains about past and present employees. Complaints and suggestions are very rarely listened to. Very high safety standards until it interferes with profit margins. Technicians all get along great, and have a team environment. Very little room to advance your career.
Pros
Wage
Ok place to work
Yard Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2015
fellow employees great. Work satisfying. Pay good. Work shift good. Management were good and understanding at times.
Wonderful Place to Work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 April 2014
Wajax Power Systems was a wonderful place to work. Everyone worked as a team which fits right into how I like to work. There were many challenges in this job but none I couldn't learn or excel in overtime. It was always comfortable at work as everyone was easy going and no one was micro managed.
I started the position not knowing anything about how a diesel engine works and with time I got to learn alot about the parts and pieces that make the engine work! Most of my day was coordinating with suppliers on lead times for all of our inventory and parts. I looked after logistics and making sure everything went smooth from PO to delivery to the customer. I submitted PO's and work orders as well as change orders.
Along with the coordinating role I also had to provide invoicing to the customer, which had to be coded correctly as well as make sure all costing was correct, there was completing monthly and yearly reporting to my manager, calculating commissions, and completing expense reports.
So as you can see I did a vast amount of duties in my position. I love to learn new things!
Unfortunately Wajax was downsizing and moving manufacturing to Edmonton and my position was no longer needed.
Pros
Easy going environment
great workplace
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2014
Very busy,fast paced, high volume yet very friendly workforce and great organizational culture
Pros
No Overtime
chaotic, stressful
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2014
high volume work load
high turnover even though benefits great
chaotic environment
lack of training in many departments
people friendly nice
benefits package is excellent
hardest part of job is disconnect between management and staff
low moral ,company going down hill
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2013
- mid management very unqualified
- very unprofessional towards customers
- training is something in the pass now
- shop mortal has never been so low
- with no leadership everyone is walking around lost
- who pays in the end is the customer high hours on jobs,
poor workmanship due to training and organization.
- sad to see a company go in the ground
fun workpalce
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2013
very pleasant and friendly atmosphere, great colleagues.
Pros
life balance
Cons
low salary
Graet staff compliment at Winnipeg location
Service Manager/General Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, Edmonton, Winnipeg13 September 2012
Fast paced environment with hard working co-workers. Meeting customers needs/time frames within the trucking Industry was the hardest part of the job.