Do you have experience effectively managing daily warehouse operations?
Do you have a proven ability to improve warehouse processes through the establishment of performance indicators?
Are you a leader who has a proven track record of maintaining strict compliance with health and safety policies and procedures?
If so, we have the challenge for you!
Wajax Industrial Components is a major Canadian distributor of industrial components. We partner with thousands of suppliers around the world to find the right products and develop solutions that respond to our customers’ unique challenges. We also offer a full range of value-added services from logistics management to equipment service and repair. With our broad product offering, national infrastructure, engineering expertise and technical services, Wajax Industrial Components provides a single and complete source of supply.
As a key member of the Wajax Industrial Components team, your key accountabilities will include the following:
- Oversight of all warehouse activities;
- Supervision of the daily flow of merchandise through the warehouse, including ensuring inventory accuracy;
- Communication with suppliers and Branches;
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are being strictly followed;
- Managing the performance of a team of warehouse employees; and
- Monitoring KPIs and working to develop and maintain effective warehouse processes.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- College diploma or University degree in a field related to Operations or Inventory Management with 5 years management experience, or;
- Ten years’ experience in warehouse and Distribution Centre management;
- Experience with warehouse management systems (WMS);
- Fluency in both English and French (spoken and written);
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); and
- Strong attention to detail, specifically with numerical values;
- Strong communication skills;
- The ability to effectively plan and organize work;
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to engage a team towards desired outcome;
- Problem solving aptitude;
- Results and service driven;
If this challenge interests you, please apply online:
We offer a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus potential, benefits, matching pension as well as the opportunity to join the team of one of Canada's most well established and stable companies.
Wajax Industrial Components is a major Canadian distributor of industrial components. We partner with thousands of suppliers around the...