Are you a service oriented individual who loves working with hardware and software?
Are you able to accurately troubleshoot and resolve various technical issues in a timely manner?
Do you have a strong working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software applications?
If so, we have the challenge for you!
Wajax Industrial Components is a major Canadian distributor of industrial components. We partner with thousands of suppliers around the world to find the right products and develop solutions that respond to our customers’ unique challenges. We also offer a full range of value-added services from logistics management to equipment service and repair. With our broad product offering, national infrastructure, engineering expertise and technical services, Wajax Industrial Components provides a single and complete source of supply.
As a key member of the Wajax Industrial Components team, the incumbent is primarily responsible for providing second level technical and application support to users. Your key accountabilities will be:
- Conducting regular administration and maintenance of the organization’s hardware and software; including regular updates, upgrades and repairs;
- Monitoring system performance and executing system backups and restores;
- Setting up employee PCs and laptops; providing daily applicable support; and
- Troubleshooting LAN, Laptop and Desktop issues in a mixed thin and fat client environment accessing Microsoft and legacy applications through Citrix
- Report, troubleshoot and escalate WAN issues with service providers
- Support thin clients (Neoware & HP Terminals)
- Troubleshoot printers related issues
- Price and procure hardware and software
The successful candidate will have the following:
- College diploma in Computer Science, Networking, IT or other related field;
- 1 - 3 years of Desktop Support experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related software;
- Fluency in both English and French (spoken and written);
- Previous experience in hardware, networking and software troubleshooting;
- 1st level server support - Knowledge of MS Windows 2008 Server OS and Active Directory, Citrix
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP, Ethernet, ADSL, VPN architectures
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, architecture, and processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Analytical Thinking and problem solving ability;
- Service and team orientation.
- Experience with Microsoft A+.
If this challenge interests you, please apply online at :
We offer a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus potential, benefits, matching pension as well as the opportunity to join the team of one of Canada's most well established and stable companies.