WWL Vehicle Services Canada is a recognized leader in automotive warehousing and distribution and we are seeking full-time production workers/rail loaders/drivers who are reliable, energetic, and flexible. These are highly physical jobs, requiring frequent walking, bending, lifting, driving, and other physical activity.
Wages: $25.10 per hour on Sundays; at least $22.14 per hour Monday – Thursday (pay rate depends on job assigned); excellent wage progression
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package, including pension
Shift: Sunday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Opening/closing rail car doors
- Raising/lowering rail car decks (tri-levels only)
- Installing/removing wheel chocks
- Placing/removing rail bridge plates between rail cars
- Driving vehicles off of and onto rail cars
- Valid BC driver's license, minimum Class 5 (no L or N licenses)
- Must able to drive both automatic and standard transmissions
- Physical requirements: frequent walking, bending, reaching, crouching, balancing and climbing (at heights of 20 feet), pushing, pulling, and lifting (up to 50 lb.); also requires periods in confined spaces with low light
- Positive, "can do" attitude
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Work is primarily outdoors in all types of weather
- Able to meet production goals; commitment to quality and safe work practices
- Able to listen, comprehend and take direction well
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Dependable and punctual – excellent references required
Additional Qualifications will be considered an asset:
- Forklift ticket
- First Aid ticket – Level II
- Mechanical ability – adept with basic tools, such as power drill, screwdriver, etc.
- Experience in distribution and/or production work
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all interested, qualified candidates with clean driving records to apply by submitting a resume and current driver’s abstract (obtained from ICBC) by email to the attention of Human Resources Manager.
- Your application will NOT be considered if you do not submit your driver’s abstract.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.